Type keyword(s) to search

Aviva Drescher: Leggy Blonde

• Start Topic

I've never seen sexual acting out like George does except in my Alzheimer's patients, and that's the truth. So I've wondered about some organic disease of the brain as well, quaintirene. Of course, he could also just be a disgusting pervert and, maybe, he always was.

Alzheimer's was the conclusion I had come to also, but then I heard the story of how he and Aviva's mother met, and it made me think he might have always been a disrespectful sex-crazed pervert.

• Love 4

Alzheimer's was the conclusion I had come to also, but then I heard the story of how he and Aviva's mother met, and it made me think he might have always been a disrespectful sex-crazed pervert.

That's why those women he gropes need to whack the hell out of him. He seems to get a pass on sexual assault because of his age? Not in my book.

• Love 5
I wonder if Carole can sue this Tricia Boczkowski for slander.

Buzzfeed contacted Tricia and was unable to reach her (no big surprise). I'm sure she loved being named as a source. Sometimes I've read Aviva's blogs and had a "huh? That didn't happen on the show" response…for instance, I would bet money that NONE of the HWs actually have wished Aviva dead, as much as they dislike her. Yet Aviva's referenced that in one of her blogs. (I guess not asking how her asthma is = wishing she was dead.) We've seen how she's "interpreted" Ramonja being in the pool when she arrived at St. Bart's, and how it became the worst thing ever, even worse than losing her leg. Aviva's got a flair for putting her unique spin on things.

It wouldn't surprise me if she similarly "interpreted" a comment Tricia made, perhaps a non-committal thing in response to Aviva's leading questions. There's a difference between an editor proactively lowering her voice and saying, "I know you know Carole Radziwill…well, she used a ghost writer for What Remains" (which is what Aviva would like everyone to believe) versus Aviva asking pointed questions about What Remains. For all we know, she could have asked Tricia, "Did Carole use a ghost writer? I heard that she did," and Tricia replied with, "I don't know…but I suppose it's possible."

It's just so bizarre to me that an editor at Simon & Schuster would be smack-talking one S&S writer to another. It'd be highly satisfying for Simon & Schuster to come out with a statement; the silence can be interpreted either as "we're not dignifying this with a response" or "yes, people gossiped and we're embarrassed." But I know they won't.

(Mozelle, I almost hit "reply" when I saw that you'd written something similar above!)

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 3

Oh God poor Tricia.  What a shame she got dragged into this bullshit.  I wouldn't go near any of these women in any professional circumstance because of precisely this.  None of them can keep their mouths shut.  And in any kind of argument all they know how to do is pick up the nearest weapon and throw it.  In this case the weapon was Tricia.  

A Defence of Aviva Drescher.

Yes, that's right.  I'm defending her.  I don't like her.  I wouldn't spend any time with her.  I strongly doubt she's a Munchausen's candidate but I think she learned very young via her accident that a little illness can be a wonderfully helpful thing which can get you out of just about everything you don't feel like doing.  She does wacko stuff and she makes large accusations.  

But

I just don't like pile-ons.  And this last season was a pile-on.  We saw nothing but Crazy Horrible Aviva 24/7.  The producers and crew clearly didn't like her--likely because she opted out of so much stuff.  The other women seemed to pick up that she was a useful deflection to their own possibly dubious behaviour.  Aviva was great to have around.  Who is gonna get the bad edit this time?  A question that has to be at the forefront of every Ho'Wife's mind as they go into a new season because they have no control over what is shown and what gets left out.  Relax ladies, this time it's got to be Aviva.  Ramona threw a hard plastic glass at Kristen and cut her lip. But, hey!  Aviva!  Heather hot-dogged all over every situation but  who cares!  Aviva!  Sonja demonstrated that she really really was phoning in her shit from Planet Cuckoo.  But then there's Aviva!  The recappers--who maybe should be a bit more sophisticated than that--got into the act as well.  The guy from New York Magazine makes no secret of how he really hates Aviva!  Well, good.  The editors did their job.  And I'm not saying that Aviva shouldn't have her feet held to the fire for all the shit she stirred up.  But I am saying that Aviva's edit this season was a handy guideline and reminder to all Ho'Wives everywhere.  Refuse to do everything the producers expect you to do and voila!  Aviva!  And that thought makes me a little bit queasy.

• Love 6

The other women seemed to pick up that she was a useful deflection to their own possibly dubious behaviour.  Aviva was great to have around.  Who is gonna get the bad edit this time?  A question that has to be at the forefront of every Ho'Wife's mind as they go into a new season because they have no control over what is shown and what gets left out.  Relax ladies, this time it's got to be Aviva.  Ramona threw a hard plastic glass at Kristen and cut her lip. But, hey!  Aviva!  Heather hot-dogged all over every situation but  who cares!  Aviva!  Sonja demonstrated that she really really was phoning in her shit from Planet Cuckoo.  But then there's Aviva!  The recappers--who maybe should be a bit more sophisticated than that--got into the act as well.  The guy from New York Magazine makes no secret of how he really hates Aviva!  Well, good.  The editors did their job.  And I'm not saying that Aviva shouldn't have her feet held to the fire for all the shit she stirred up.  

That's probably the main reason I don't want her back for another season. She is too much of a shield for the other ladies to hide behind.

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 2

A Defence of Aviva Drescher. Yes, that's right.  I'm defending her. .

But...but...but....she's just such a meanie.

The recappers--who maybe should be a bit more sophisticated than that--got into the act as well.  The guy from New York Magazine makes no secret of how he really hates Aviva!  Well, good.  The editors did their job.  

The lack of imagination amongst many of the recappers was stupefying.  I couldn't read any more of them because they mostly had the same thing to say. 

And I'm not saying that Aviva shouldn't have her feet held to the fire for all the shit she stirred up.  But I am saying that Aviva's edit this season was a handy guideline and reminder to all Ho'Wives everywhere.  Refuse to do everything the producers expect you to do and voila!  Aviva!  And that thought makes me a little bit queasy.

Absolutely. You don't even necessarily have to refuse do anything to be hung out to dry on the shitty end of the Bravo stick. They like to play with the audience's heads (which includes the recappers) just as much as they like to play with the character's characters.  Evil geniuses of manipulation. 

Second most obvious theme this season besides Aviva!  She's a bitch!  Was the friendship between Carole and Heather.  (Sonja didn't go completely off her rocker until toward the end.)  My belief is that our perception of Carole and Heather's friendship will be much different by the end of next season thanks to our handy dandy producers and editing team. Just because they can and will.  And who knows?  Maybe Sonja really DOES have some tangible business irons in the fire that we'll get to see.

• Love 2

A Defence of Aviva Drescher.

Yes, that's right.  I'm defending her.  I don't like her.  I wouldn't spend any time with her.  I strongly doubt she's a Munchausen's candidate but I think she learned very young via her accident that a little illness can be a wonderfully helpful thing which can get you out of just about everything you don't feel like doing.  She does wacko stuff and she makes large accusations.  

But

I just don't like pile-ons.  And this last season was a pile-on.  We saw nothing but Crazy Horrible Aviva 24/7.  The producers and crew clearly didn't like her--likely because she opted out of so much stuff.  The other women seemed to pick up that she was a useful deflection to their own possibly dubious behaviour.  Aviva was great to have around.  Who is gonna get the bad edit this time?  A question that has to be at the forefront of every Ho'Wife's mind as they go into a new season because they have no control over what is shown and what gets left out.  Relax ladies, this time it's got to be Aviva.  Ramona threw a hard plastic glass at Kristen and cut her lip. But, hey!  Aviva!  Heather hot-dogged all over every situation but  who cares!  Aviva!  Sonja demonstrated that she really really was phoning in her shit from Planet Cuckoo.  But then there's Aviva!  The recappers--who maybe should be a bit more sophisticated than that--got into the act as well.  The guy from New York Magazine makes no secret of how he really hates Aviva!  Well, good.  The editors did their job.  And I'm not saying that Aviva shouldn't have her feet held to the fire for all the shit she stirred up.  But I am saying that Aviva's edit this season was a handy guideline and reminder to all Ho'Wives everywhere.  Refuse to do everything the producers expect you to do and voila!  Aviva!  And that thought makes me a little bit queasy.

I don't think we can blame the producers for what we see of Aviva. She showed this side of her last season when she was given a "good edit" IMO. I just don't think there was much more to show of Aviva unless it include subjecting us to more of her father as well. I believe that Aviva came on this season trying to make herself look like a victim, throws the stones then hides her hands sort of HW trick, to secure her another season on the show. It was an epic fail because she would throw the stone then clap her hands in glee forgetting to hide them at all. She was never able to garner much support because she was never able to hide the fact that she started it in the first place AND she kept up with the attacks relentlessly forgetting to act contrite or innocent.  Aviva, IMO, came across as if she studied the other HW shows and took bits and pieces from long time HWs on those shows and tried to combine them and their antics, including using sayings others have come up with on their shows, into 1 bizarre HW, herself. I don't think it helped that she appears to have gotten and used advice from Jill on how to secure her job with Bravo!

Aviva came on the HW show, knowing that travel was part of her job but thought she would be the exception to the rule and not be required to do so. The producers called her bluff and she still refused, going so far as to exaggerate an illness to get out of it and possibly even to try and blackmail the producers into giving her a new contract for next season. If anyone is to blame for her getting a "bad edit", it would land squarely at Aviva's own feet.

As for the others NOT getting taken to task for bad behavior, most viewers were outraged by Ramona's plastic glass throw behavior and many were upset at Heathers language and her zealous defense of Carole BUT they were NOT constant, there were funny non aggressive moments with and between the women that balanced them out.  That could NOT be said of Aviva, even when she was given the chance of filming a heart warming scene with her children and Kirsten/children, she blew it by being aggressive and vulgar in front of kids! Heck, she was vulgar in front of her son early on with her ex. Of course the producers could have left these nasty scenes of Aviva on the cutting room floor but then how much would have been left to include on the show?

• Love 3

Couldn't agree more, WireWrap. Other than the first night in Montana, I found that the other HWs hardly spoke about Aviva at all. After Montana, they seemed content to just not talk about her or engage with her, but Sonja stirred the pot. I don't think there's yards of footage on Bravo's editing floor that went unused of Aviva doing wonderful things - I think they ran with what they had. And unfortunately, a lot of this included George, which didn't do a thing to help boost her likeability. If anything, it made Aviva look even worse for giving such a lech a platform for his nastiness. (His comments to Ramona are single-handedly the most misogynistic thing I've ever heard on a network that heavily relies on female viewers.) 

I too saw Ramona get raked over the coals in the blogosphere, and Brian Moylan is unusual in that he's got a soft spot for Sonja - otherwise, she's definitely fodder too. The difference is, Ramona and Sonja had some humanizing moments to balance out the bratty moments. (Also, love her or hate her, Ramona is capable of an apology.) I think Aviva had some of that in her visit to the farm (although I saw it as self-serving, many really did see it as inspiring), but that was early enough in the season that it was forgotten quickly. If Aviva had gone on that Montana trip and gamely went skeet-shooting, showed herself to be more of a team player, it could have done quite a bit to turn the tides.

Aviva is one-dimensional and sticks to her narrative even when proven wrong, and THAT is something that people have a hard time swallowing. (Take any public figure caught doing something stupid - humility goes a long way towards public perception, vs. defiance.)

I did feel badly a couple of times for Aviva, though - Heather's "no one likes you, no one wants to be around you" was unnecessary and mean. And the shot of Aviva's wheelchair at the Montana airport - and the women's comments about it - were also unnecessary.

• Love 3

I don't think we can blame the producers for what we see of Aviva. She showed this side of her last season when she was given a "good edit" IMO.

I agree.  Aviva gave us all we needed to know that she can be one awful individual.  Although, I'm sure there were some funny, non-aggressive moments that got cut because they didn't fit the agenda.  At the end of the finale after the leg toss, you can see Aviva and the others at the table laughing.  In some of the stills from the reunion you can see them laughing together.  Something stinks in Bravoland.

For me,  when Heather was up in her grill not wanting to be told nuttin' about nuttin' - Aviva's instant and deadpan, while walking away, "Where'd you learn that?  Prison?" will never not be funny.  I think Aviva can probably be funny.  Had Aviva been the one to be mf'ing this and that and Heather been the one to say "Where'd you learn that?...."  all cool as a cucumber, we'd have been howling together.  About how cool as a cucumber and quick on her feet Heather is.

Do I also think some less than glorifying moments were left on the cutting room floor of the ladies on Andy's right side of the couch?  You bet.  I saw enough (and I realize I'm in the minority) to form a slightly more negative opinion of Heather, for instance. Because I saw enough of these, and I know it might seem like my imagination is overactive ;-) to believe that Bravo has a plan for Ms. Thomson.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

I agree.  Aviva gave us all we needed to know that she can be one awful individual.  Although, I'm sure there were some funny, non-aggressive moments that got cut because they didn't fit the agenda.  At the end of the finale after the leg toss, you can see Aviva and the others at the table laughing.  In some of the stills from the reunion you can see them laughing together.  Something stinks in Bravoland.

For me,  when Heather was up in her grill not wanting to be told nuttin' about nuttin' - Aviva's instant and deadpan, while walking away, "Where'd you learn that?  Prison?" will never not be funny.  I think Aviva can probably be funny.  Had Aviva been the one to be mf'ing this and that and Heather been the one to say "Where'd you learn that?...."  all cool as a cucumber, we'd have been howling together.  About how cool as a cucumber and quick on her feet Heather is.

Do I also think some less than glorifying moments were left on the cutting room floor of the ladies on Andy's right side of the couch?  You bet.  I saw enough (and I realize I'm in the minority) to form a slightly more negative opinion of Heather, for instance. Because I saw enough of these, and I know it might seem like my imagination is overactive ;-) to believe that Bravo has a plan for Ms. Thomson.

One can never know what Bravo has up their sleeves for any of the women on any of the HW shows. I am not sure Heather plans on coming back though, her last blog read and felt like a real "Goodbye" and she is the only one NOT still tweeting about the show, the rest of the women are.  I personally like Heather BUT she is far from perfect, NONE of them are IMO.

• Love 1

I agree.  Aviva gave us all we needed to know that she can be one awful individual.  Although, I'm sure there were some funny, non-aggressive moments that got cut because they didn't fit the agenda.  At the end of the finale after the leg toss, you can see Aviva and the others at the table laughing.  In some of the stills from the reunion you can see them laughing together. 

I don't know about funny (I don't see much evidence that Aviva is terribly funny) but they showed plenty of non-aggressive footage of Aviva. The dinner party she threw for Cody and George, Aviva with her kids doing crafts and then going to the farm and seeing Becky, Cody and George's engagement party, the Miss USA luncheon, gong to get the prosthetic leg with the Boston marathon victim. Aviva did not go on either trip, so there is no footage from Saratoga or Montana which was pretty extensive as far as taking up episodes.

I don't see a pile on, Ramona and Sonja were both Team Aviva and LuAnn was fine with Aviva. Aviva stirred up a lot of shit, so she was shown in a lot of shit stirring.

• Love 3
Aviva was great to have around.

When was the bitch ever around, and not acting the shrew?

Had Aviva been the one to be mf'ing this and that and Heather been the one to say "Where'd you learn that?...."  all cool as a cucumber, we'd have been howling together. 

"We'd", who? That's a lot of viewers to be presumptively speaking for.

If those that dislike/hate Aviva have somehow been manipulated by the producers then it would stand that those who feel likewise about Ramona, Sonja, Heather, Carole, Luann and/or Kristen have had their feelings manipulated, as well.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 3

I'm not sure why there's a 'somehow' before 'manipulated' as if there was any doubt. The whole shebang runs on manipulation. That's what the crew do best, not to mention Our Andy. And let's not forget the lesson learned from NJ. Drama and screaming fights drive ratings. Or at least that was what was thought. Aviva probably believed she was doing what was expected of her.

• Love 2

I'm not sure why there's a 'somehow' before 'manipulated' as if there was any doubt. The whole shebang runs on manipulation. That's what the crew do best, not to mention Our Andy. And let's not forget the lesson learned from NJ. Drama and screaming fights drive ratings. Or at least that was what was thought. Aviva probably believed she was doing what was expected of her.

So does that mean that Aviva is NYs version of Teresa, Tamra, Kenya and Brandi? I said earlier in a post above  "Aviva, IMO, came across as if she studied the other HW shows and took bits and pieces from long time HWs on those shows and tried to combine them and their antics, including using sayings others have come up with on their shows, into 1 bizarre HW, herself." And if that IS true, then she has no one to blame than herself for doing that.

Hope I haven't posted this before, but am I the only one who recoiled when Aviva did a version of her "compliment, compliment, attack" on the woman she went to "forgive" at the dairy farm?

My opinion of her as a truly repulsive person was sealed when I watched that.  In brief, she drove up, hugged the nervous-as-a-cat woman, sat at the kitchen table with her, then went to the barn, then - IIRC - back at the table she said (I'm paraphrasing),

"Yes, I forgive you. I love you.  All is very well with me, as you see.  Go, live your life fully. But remember, you're the one who suggested we go play in the barn!"

To which the woman reacted numbly, I could see her face go from, "Oh, this has been so helpful" to "OMG she's right it was all my six-year-old self's fault!"

Aviva made a show of forgiving the woman and then reminded her that she was as guilty as ever. 

Despicable excuse for a human being.  No amount of gentle footage of her playing with her delighted children will change my opinion.  There are more people than herself who are like this, and I've had the misfortune to meet some of them; so I thank my stars - when I think about her or the show - that at least I'll never ever have to encounter her!

Edited by Ipse Dixit
  • Love 7

Okay, then there would equally be no doubt that those who feel compelled to defend Aviva have also been manipulated in some way.

I"m sure you're right.  But a pile-on is a pile-on.  Aviva is a bitch but I don't dislike her any more than I dislike other Ho'Wives I dislike.  I'm not sure that sentence makes sense but I'm trying to articulate a distaste for what I consider to be hyper-manipulation of Aviva's persona done for a clear and concise reason:  to send a message to other Ho'Wives about what can happen if you refuse to go on the dumb trips and won't do what you're told.  It's not the first time it has happened that a Ho'Wife has been taught a lesson via the edit but I think it's the most egregious.  I strongly suspect Aviva isn't coming back next season and everyone knew it so the producers did their worst.  Yes, she gave them ample footage to work on.  Yes, she's crazy.  Yes, she's incredibly self-centred.  But she was also dead Ho'Wife walking and everyone knew it including the other women so it turned into All Aviva The Crazy Stupid Bitch All The Time.   Yea for the other Ho'Wives!!  They were all safe this season.  I'll be interested to see who gets the big red target on her back next time.

• Love 4

And if that IS true, then she has no one to blame than herself for doing that.

Right. Neither the crew nor Andy (who isn't even there for filming) are responsible for the nasty shit that comes out of Aviva's mouth.

TPTB didn't manipulate the audience into panning Aviva; it was her choice to act like pure ass when the cameras were rolling.

But a pile-on is a pile-on.  Aviva is a bitch but I don't dislike her any more than I dislike other Ho'Wives I dislike.  I'm not sure that sentence makes sense

Perfect sense. 

But she was also dead Ho'Wife walking and everyone knew it including the other women so it turned into All Aviva The Crazy Stupid Bitch All The Time.   Yea for the other Ho'Wives!!

Six years of watching RHO and I usually end up rooting for the underdog (Danielle, Alexis, Kelly). Who does that? LOL Doesn't mean I don't think they're delusional, crazy and/or despicable. As a teacher, years of watching kids picked on, piled on, singled out and ignored makes me believe that there is something likable about everyone and that everyone deserves an advocate.  Even if they're BSC. 

Besides, makes for a more interesting forum when there are (sometimes radically) differing opinions. I think that's something we can all agree on, yes?

• Love 5

No one manipulated or edited Aviva shirking many of her duties as a paid Ho: going on those trips.  Montana - asthma (....unless she was granted an additional season, depending on whether one believes Carole's claim).  Saratoga - who knows.  Berkshires - camp visit.  Whatever, Aviva.  When many of us are no-shows for our jobs, we get pink-slipped. 

• Love 2

Besides, makes for a more interesting forum when there are (sometimes radically) differing opinions. I think that's something we can all agree on, yes?

I would hope so. If everyone had the same opinions it would be either a fan club or a hate club but not a discussion.

• Love 3

Perfect sense. 

Six years of watching RHO and I usually end up rooting for the underdog (Danielle, Alexis, Kelly). Who does that? LOL Doesn't mean I don't think they're delusional, crazy and/or despicable. As a teacher, years of watching kids picked on, piled on, singled out and ignored makes me believe that there is something likable about everyone and that everyone deserves an advocate.  Even if they're BSC. 

Thank you for sharing your insight. I'll read your posts more thoughtfully in the future.

• Love 2

When was Aviva "piled on"? She never shied away from going head-to-head with the others, and more often than not played the instigator. And, in the case of the finale, the woman was pretty much begging for a fight. Too bad for her nobody gave a shit enough to give her anything back except for her leg.

• Love 6

"Yes, I forgive you. I love you.  All is very well with me, as you see.  Go, live your life fully. But remember, you're the one who suggested we go play in the barn!"

There was so much about that scene that was uncomfortable and contrived (I don't for a minute believe that Becky "just happened" to reach out to Aviva just as production for a new season was gearing up). I wondered if the "you're the one who suggested…" comment had its roots in the lawsuit Aviva's parents filed after the accident. They sued the owners of the farm, and won, or at least reached a settlement. I'm sure it was very important for George at the time that Aviva be found the victim in all this, regardless of whose idea it was to play on the machine. I'm 45 and am not sure I'd have a crystal clear memory of playing with my friends at age 6 and whose idea it was to do _____ (but then again if I'd had a traumatic loss, I might remember). It seemed like an odd, random thing to insert into the conversation, and it hit me that Aviva might be parroting something George had said about none of this being her fault - even if SHE had been the one to suggest it.

I also loved (not) the way Aviva took Becky's email to be this big saga about how she has been unable to go on with any milestone in her life (marriage, children) without reference to Aviva. Yes, Aviva, on Becky's wedding day, I'm sure you were front and center on her mind as she walked down the aisle.

• Love 3

Even Tamra can manage to have fun with her co-HWs sometimes. When Heather told Aviva that nobody wants to be around her, nobody objected, not even Mindy or her flapjacks.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 1

This weird thing I wonder about Aviva. I know she has this rage inside, bubbling just underneath the surface. I can understand the hell out of that, but have we ever seen her get so vicious with a man?

The first man in her life, her Dad, who is forgiven for all things disgusting and can do no wrong, because he is her Hero, he saved her life. Her mother was the first woman she knew in her life, and that right there explains some things to me, maybe about how comfortable other women make her really feel, about how quick she is to become defensive and fork her tongue, how quick she is to seek revenge for almost any reason. Another interesting side note to me is that she is often very well dressed but the way she holds herself is hardened, she seems almost asexual in her femininity, no shade, just interesting when juxtaposed with her father's hypersexual nature.

Oh, and if I were her, I'd find it pretty naive and stupid to take tips from Jill. Aviva, why would Jill help keep you on?

Jill is looking for a seat on this show. She probably did her best to get her kicked off and moved aside.

I'm glad Aviva won't be coming back. She was 100% inauthentic onscreen, and it was obviously plotted and planned from her end. The sad thing is, I think the real Aviva is more interesting than what she put on for the show. 

I don't hate her, because she's not interesting enough to hate. But I agree that she was used as a shield by the other women. It always makes me laugh how bitter they get when someone doesn't want to go on the producer-planned trips. 

• Love 3

Bye, Aviva! Can't wait for you to officially join the 'Ghosts of Housewives Past' thread. Take your disgusting pig father with you. And stay out!

It always makes me laugh how bitter they get when someone doesn't want to go on the producer-planned trips.

Heh, I've often wondered if the producer-planned trips are merit-based. Because the RHoNY kinda got bottom-barrel trips, compared to previous seasons and other franchises.

• Love 4

Wait, I was gonna organize a parade, but only if you had asthma like Veevs.

I'm glad Aviva won't be coming back.

Such badly needed good news since Joan's passing.  So sad bout Joan, but very glad bout Veevs.  Be gone forever, horrible woman.

• Love 3

Not really buying the "pile on" stuff bout Veevs.   It didn't seem like producers' manipulation to me.  Look, Aviva said horrible things about each & every one of the cast.  Every one of them!  She set this up herself, how they hated her & didn't trust her.  So anything she said that was even remotely nice or positive sounded fake & phony.  Even her supposed "friendship" with Sonja looked fake as hell.  This had absolutely nothing to do with a producer set up.  This was totally Aviva's own fault.  She revealed horrible thoughts she had, which she probably should have just kept to herself.  OK, Moaner does the same thing, but with Veevs  it was quite different.  Moaner wasn't intentionally evil, the way Veevs always was.

Now, is Aviva a completely horrible person with absolutely zero ability of doing any good?  Clearly not.  Cuz we saw (altho very little of it) that she does absolutely worthwhile charity work.  True, if the producers liked her, we would have seen more of her helping that woman who was the victim of the Boston Marathon bombing.  That was something really quite wonderful & extremely touching, what Aviva was doing to help this woman.  And Aviva does seem like a devoted & loving mother.  Her kids seem nice & well-adjusted.  So there is that.

OK, so is Aviva -- Hitler, Charlie Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer & every other hated person in history, rolled up into one?  Er, I'd say not.  But I still say she started this "role" herself -- to be the hated villain.  And this "strategy" backfired on her.  It prevented her from having any kind of "real" relationships with the other women on the show -- and that's what these producers seem to want.  It certainly didn't help her either that she pissed off the producers by coming up with excuses to get out of all the trips, and therefore missed much of the filming for the show.  And that her father proved to be as unpopular as he was, didn't bode well for her either.

Bottom line for me with Veevs is she was just sooooo fuckin' cruel, nasty & evil in her comments, observations & behavior.  I mean relentlessly so.  It made her extremely unpleasant to watch.  Not fun or funny or entertaining in any way.  She made me want to not watch the show.  Ultimately, I would think producers would be concerned about that, given the now shitty ratings.  Anyhoo, bye, Veevs, you nasty piece of fuck, hopefully I'll never hear from you again.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Look, Aviva said horrible things about each & every one of the cast.  Every one of them!  She set this up herself, how they hated & didn't trust her.  So anything she said that was even remotely nice or positive sounded fake & phony.

Yup. It's hard to see someone as a victim when they're swinging the first punch. I've re-watched the Bookgate confrontation at Aviva's party, and Aviva was NOT, contrary to her blog, sharing inside dirt with Carole as a concerned friend, i.e. "it's in your best interest to know what people are saying about you." No, Aviva was RELISHING Carole's agitation. She knew exactly where to sling that arrow, just as she knew where to place the digs she made at Ramona (drinking, Mario) and Sonja (Anna Nicole Smith, alcohol, "what an example you're setting for your daughter"). And I don't think she regretted these comments at all. I can't forget Aviva grinning smugly and saying "I apologize for the language that I used. That's what Rush Limbaugh said when he called someone a whore," in a TH.

The few times I managed to read Aviva's blog, her perception of reality just didn't seem to mesh with anyone else's. I'm sure she grew up with loads of people clucking, "Poor Aviva" and it stuck. Poor Aviva, she lost her leg. Poor Aviva, she has asthma and no one cares. Poor Aviva, there's no banner welcoming her to St. Barth's. Et cetera. Equating the women's not asking how she was feeling with "they wish me dead" was just a bizarre example of how slights take on a life of their own in Aviva's perception. But I bet the women would have had more respect (if not like) for her if she'd just been honest and said, "You know, I just don't feel like going to Montana. I'm not feeling you guys."

• Love 8

I think Aviva is wrong, but WTH is wrong with the artist? He gets free promotion of his paintings and even sells one because of the free coverage and he can't part with $5000 (or even $10k though that seems steep) out of his $50 k sale price? Seriously?

Of course Aviva and Reid take it to a whole new sleazy level.

I think Aviva is wrong, but WTH is wrong with the artist? He gets free promotion of his paintings and even sells one because of the free coverage and he can't part with $5000 (or even $10k though that seems steep) out of his $50 k sale price? Seriously?

Of course Aviva and Reid take it to a whole new sleazy level.

I actually get where the artist is coming from. Their original agreement basically boiled down to Aviva gets a guaranteed film date and the artist gets free publicity. It's possible that the publicity got the artist the sale. But, what happens when a sale is made was never a part of the agreement.

• Love 3

But, what happens when a sale is made was never a part of the agreement.

The artist says thank you and pays a commission. Paying a commission is not something new to an artist. I do agree that it was not done properly with Aviva and Reid, but still think the artist should have paid and then picked up his art and never do business with them again.

The artist says thank you and pays a commission. Paying a commission is not something new to an artist. I do agree that it was not done properly with Aviva and Reid, but still think the artist should have paid and then picked up his art and never do business with them again.

But aren't commissions also predetermined prior to the sell of the work? There was no agreement about the commission or how much it would be. Also, Aviva didn't actually uphold her end of the bargain, that the artwork "would receive extensive coverage during tapings of her show.” Simply because she doesn't determine what makes it to air or how often his work would be onscreen.

And why is she holding on to his other pieces if her contention is that he owes her some randomly decided commission on one piece?

Aviva the Lawyer = Doing it wrong.

ETA: How long has Aviva been 45? I could have sworn she was 45 when she started her first season, but then she was claiming to be 45 during the filming of last season (which aired a year after it was wrapped). But this article is claiming that she is currently 45. I wonder if she so afraid of 50 that she decided to just stick at 45?

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 3

Hey I totally agree that the whole thing is fucked up. The artist took a gamble with the possible exposure, but it did actually pay off. I just think if the artist sold a painting for $50k because of Aviva (and that part of the story seems true), just pay the money, move on and learn from the situation.

As for Aviva and that asshole she's married to, holding the paintings for ransom, that is so lowdown and dirty. It sure let's you know what kind of people they are, right?

Hey I totally agree that the whole thing is fucked up. The artist took a gamble with the possible exposure, but it did actually pay off. I just think if the artist sold a painting for $50k because of Aviva (and that part of the story seems true), just pay the money, move on and learn from the situation.

As for Aviva and that asshole she's married to, holding the paintings for ransom, that is so lowdown and dirty. It sure let's you know what kind of people they are, right?

For someone who doesn't seem to have ever needed to support herself she sure messes with others ability to support themselves by withholding goods and damaging reputations. 

• Love 3