Type keyword(s) to search

Ramona Singer: The Turtle Time Walk of Shame

• Start Topic

Ramona always knew. Maybe not names etc but subconsciously she always knew. She is batshit but I do feel sorry for her. And Avery as well.

Mario IS a sleaze and Romoaner is a bat shit crazy bitch.  The only person I feel sorry for is Avery.  She's got two strikes against her from the start.

• Love 5
(edited)

Mario has always been a sleaze, but I don't feel sorry for Ramona because she is mean and has always been so smug and superior about her marriage - especially when Lu was going through her divorce and that conversation with Bethenny on the bridge. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8

Don't forget last season where she dismissed Heather's husband as being someone you don't really notice…as opposed to virile, charismatic Mario. (Ramona can speak for herself…I definitely noticed Jonathan well before that. Not every woman wants a Mario.)

• Love 9

Not every woman wants a Mario.)

I thought he was a creepy sleaze from the first {Q: what kind of a guy removes his wedding ring before talking to a pretty girl? ans:  a dirtbag with a roving eye who is married to a uncontrollable harpy like Romoaner}

• Love 4

I will say this, though…at least in the first couple of seasons, Ramona and Mario very much seemed like a united front. Ramona was always a nut and while Mario had his moments (usually when dealing with Jill, who would tax anyone's patience), he seemed like the "normal one" and I wondered what he was doing with Ramona. But together they seemed to have each other's back, and shared interests.

It was only in later seasons (S4? S5?) where their relationship started showing signs of wear and tear.

• Love 3

I'm watching a repeat of the Scary Island episodes right now on Bravo, and noticed something.  In the latest episode thread, there has been a lot of discussion about Ramona's breasts and if she had any work done.

Well, seeing these episodes from Season 3, I'm pretty sure she either had a lift or implants.  Her breasts were very small then.  Not that they are large now, but they are definitely bigger.  Could be from working out, but I don't think so.  Also, the yellow bikini she is wearing in Turks and Caicos is not the same as the one she is wearing on Scary Island.  She just must like yellow bikinis, LOL!!!

Oh, and comparing the two villas - St. Johns and T&C, the St. Johns villa is unbelievable!!!  

• Love 1

I'm watching a repeat of the Scary Island episodes right now on Bravo, and noticed something.  In the latest episode thread, there has been a lot of discussion about Ramona's breasts and if she had any work done.

Well, seeing these episodes from Season 3, I'm pretty sure she either had a lift or implants.  Her breasts were very small then.  Not that they are large now, but they are definitely bigger.  Could be from working out, but I don't think so.  Also, the yellow bikini she is wearing in Turks and Caicos is not the same as the one she is wearing on Scary Island.  She just must like yellow bikinis, LOL!!!

Oh, and comparing the two villas - St. Johns and T&C, the St. Johns villa is unbelievable!!!

I was just watching Morocco and following vacation and during one of them Ramona said she was a 32C. So does she look bigger than that. Her side boob did look lifted and rounded in that net dress this season.
  • Love 1

So in her new book, Ramona apparently cops to having her boobs recently "enhanced." Guess that's why she didn't want to mention it on the show, saving the big reveal for her book

• Love 4

So is the recent Ramona  I am not a body shamer but Ramona is fairly round without a defined waistline.  No shame in her games but with her posture and the weird stick her booty out she looks like she has a huge gut.  Not a flabby gut but a gut.

Good grief. I am trying to pick my chin up off the floor. The tv is on and I am half watching half reading and I just got through half laughing at Vicki's "who's gonna worry about me" slobber fest, sorry I know I should be squalling but I am unmoved, and now  Sonja Island is on and Ramona is on the beach with Sonja and I am completely in awe of how absolutely fantabulously beautiful Ramona's body is. She has a killer body, no sign of a pooch at all, smooth skin, toned, no jiggles. I hope that Mario is in a special kind of hell and has to watch her body on that beach on an endless loop. Wow. I give you one hundred percent props Ramona for your weight lunges. THEY WORK FOR YOU! 

So in her new book, Ramona apparently cops to having her boobs recently "enhanced." Guess that's why she didn't want to mention it on the show, saving the big reveal for her book

I would have had more respect for Ramona if she would have just zipped it.

• Love 2

So is the recent Ramona  I am not a body shamer but Ramona is fairly round without a defined waistline.  No shame in her games but with her posture and the weird stick her booty out she looks like she has a huge gut.  Not a flabby gut but a gut.

She does have a 'gut'.  And I think that's the way she is built.  That's why I called her an apple and some disagreed with me. 

Her posture is just bad. 

• Love 4

Possibly Ramona has a 'wine gut' from all of that Pinot she drinks.  Between that and aging, it happens to some of us.  It's very hard to get rid of, no matter how fit a person is.  I speak from experience, lol.

• Love 3

Thank you, ZM, I thoroughly enjoyed that.  The 25 Expressions of Ramona at the end was a bonus.

Here's what she says about Simon:  ""Mario and I have just finished a romantic dinner together and are about to leave the restaurant, when I hear Jill Zarin’s raspy voice coming from over by the bar. She is waiting to be seated with her reserved, soft-spoken husband, Bobby. Beside them at the bar is a lanky, fair-skinned blonde and a flamboyantly dressed, animated man with closely cropped ginger hair. For a moment, I wonder if Jill has replaced her 'gay husband' Brad, but then I see the man affectionately caressing the blonde’s slender back. Oh my God, I think to myself as I scrunch my face in distaste, are they a couple?"

And Heather:  "Right away, Heather rubbed me the wrong way. I remember her saying to me early on that the cameras weren’t going to catch her doing anything wrong. To me, that comment did not seem genuine and after my experience with the women on my trip to Africa, it was important to me that I surround myself with genuine people. My other issue with Heather was that you could see in her eyes when she was getting angry, but she would smile as though she wasn’t."

That bolded part. I might've discovered the crux of my instinctual Heather dislike:  I know someone who does this and he is a malicious human being. It scared me, Luann!

• Love 2
(edited)

Thank you, ZM, I thoroughly enjoyed that. The 25 Expressions of Ramona at the end was a bonus.

Here's what she says about Simon: ""Mario and I have just finished a romantic dinner together and are about to leave the restaurant, when I hear Jill Zarin’s raspy voice coming from over by the bar. She is waiting to be seated with her reserved, soft-spoken husband, Bobby. Beside them at the bar is a lanky, fair-skinned blonde and a flamboyantly dressed, animated man with closely cropped ginger hair. For a moment, I wonder if Jill has replaced her 'gay husband' Brad, but then I see the man affectionately caressing the blonde’s slender back. Oh my God, I think to myself as I scrunch my face in distaste, are they a couple?"

And Heather: "Right away, Heather rubbed me the wrong way. I remember her saying to me early on that the cameras weren’t going to catch her doing anything wrong. To me, that comment did not seem genuine and after my experience with the women on my trip to Africa, it was important to me that I surround myself with genuine people. My other issue with Heather was that you could see in her eyes when she was getting angry, but she would smile as though she wasn’t."

That bolded part. I might've discovered the crux of my instinctual Heather dislike: I know someone who does this and he is a malicious human being. It scared me, Luann!

Heather: damned if she shows her anger, damned if she doesn't.

I'm not used to thinking of Ramona as being particularly insightful about others. I also don't think she'd understand the value of not letting rip with every negative emotion.

Edited by stinkogingko
  • Love 8
(edited)

On WWHL Ramona tried to blame Heather for saying Lu's dude was married, Unbelievable. Andy corrected her, and said it was Kristen.

I can't stand Ramona! I'm sick of her fake apologies. Her twitchy body/movements, drive me up a wall.

After reading all the positive things Heather is doing in her life, I'm OK with her leaving the show. I can't imagine having to deal with Ramona, and the rest of these women.

I'll miss Heather.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 11
(edited)

Advice for Ramona coaster:

Left for a Younger Woman? 5 Steps to Thrive

One of the most devastating things that can happen to a woman is to be cheated on or left for a younger woman. It’s insulting, it’s humiliating, and it’s infuriating. In my clinical and personal experience, the women who’ve faced this situation feel they’ll never get over their pain – but they do. And if they consciously process their betrayal, they come through it stronger, more confident and happier women.

If this happens to you, know you will get through it, too. You’ll feel like you can’t, but you can. Acknowledge it won’t be an easy process. It will require you to recognize painful truths about the men you love and trusted, to manage the shame and judgment you feel from others and to pull yourself from the gutter where you feel you’ve been dumped.

In addition, don’t think your transformation from devastation to resolve will happen overnight. It often takes years and will track the five stages people go through when processing the death of a loved one. These stages include anger, denial, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Unfortunately, you can’t go from anger to acceptance overnight. There’s a lot of ground you’ll need to cover in between. Give yourself the time and space to trudge it.

And while you’re trudging your road to a higher destiny, use the following five steps to enhance your journey. In them, you can stay on a healing path instead of falling into an emotional trap of self-pity and self-destruction.

1. Your anger is justified: Embrace it! In our society and culture, girls and women are taught that anger is “bad”. Nonsense! Feel your anger and express it in a safe and contained space. Don’t think you can banish anger from your life. It’s real and it’s yours. Get in touch with it and use it constructively. Exercise daily, scream into a pillow or blanket, buy a plastic bat and beat the heck out of an armchair. Discharge your anger OUT, don’t hold it in – or it will consume you.

2. Resist the urge to retaliate. This, of course, will take great resolve and the help of an army of friends and professionals. Your goal is not to “get even” with the cheating spouse. It’s to take charge of your life, reclaim your dignity, and move forward into new love, joy and adventure.

3. Be of service to other women. Yes, I know, this is another one that goes against your impulses. You’ll want to hide out from the world and lick your wounds (or plan your revenge), but these self-focused responses are self-destructive. Instead, focus on how you can be of service to other women who are in pain. Volunteer at a domestic violence center or work with other recovering women. By getting out of your own head, you’ll reclaim your dignity and a place of value in the world.

4. Don’t look to be saved. This is your chance to prove you’re a person of worth and dignity. You have everything you need to heal and grow from this betrayal. Instead of looking for others (and in particular other men) to save you, look for people who can help you hold your pain and devastation. In this regard, the word “hold” means they will be there for you with understanding, compassion and non-judgment. Typically, this is a good psychotherapist, but it may also be a good friend, clergy member or a support group.

5. Track your progress daily. Your healing process will occur in tiny steps, not gigantic leaps. Be mindful of this and ask yourself each and every day if you are working toward the solution or stuck in the problem. When you find yourself stuck in the problem (and you will get stuck there), lovingly pull yourself back to the solution like you’re training a puppy. By focusing on the solution, you’ll ensure the success of your future. Keep a daily journal or write a blog. Years later, when you’ve reclaimed love and lust in your life, you’ll value what you’ve written.

Above all else, never forget you have what it takes to succeed. In my practice, I’ve seen the most seemingly fragile women learn to thrive from the most horrific betrayals. Women are the smartest, most intuitive, loving and insightful people I know and work with. Know that these women are YOU and consciously love yourself through this difficult process.

Blog written by Paul Hokemeyer, PhD, JD

In addition to holding a PhD in Psychology and being a certified Clinical Trauma Professional, Dr. Hokemeyer holds a doctorate in law and worked as corporate attorney prior to becoming a clinician. His academic and clinical research, in which he explores the topics of success, power, celebrity and wealth has been published by Lambert Academic Press, The Journal of Wealth Management, Private Wealth, Addiction Professional, Family Therapy Magazine, and the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.

Dr. Hokemeyer has become known as “America’s Marriage and Family Therapist” for his on-air, on-line and print media work on the Dr. Oz Show, Good Morning America, FOX News, CNN, the Today Show, Katie, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, U.S. News and World Report, Market Watch, WebMD, Men’s Health, Women’s Day, YahooShine, Cosmopolitan, and others. He is also a FOX News Analyst.

http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/paul-hokemeyer-phd-jd/left-younger-woman-5-steps-thrive

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Thank you, ZM, I thoroughly enjoyed that.  The 25 Expressions of Ramona at the end was a bonus.

Here's what she says about Simon:  ""Mario and I have just finished a romantic dinner together and are about to leave the restaurant, when I hear Jill Zarin’s raspy voice coming from over by the bar. She is waiting to be seated with her reserved, soft-spoken husband, Bobby. Beside them at the bar is a lanky, fair-skinned blonde and a flamboyantly dressed, animated man with closely cropped ginger hair. For a moment, I wonder if Jill has replaced her 'gay husband' Brad, but then I see the man affectionately caressing the blonde’s slender back. Oh my God, I think to myself as I scrunch my face in distaste, are they a couple?"

And Heather:  "Right away, Heather rubbed me the wrong way. I remember her saying to me early on that the cameras weren’t going to catch her doing anything wrong. To me, that comment did not seem genuine and after my experience with the women on my trip to Africa, it was important to me that I surround myself with genuine people. My other issue with Heather was that you could see in her eyes when she was getting angry, but she would smile as though she wasn’t."

That bolded part. I might've discovered the crux of my instinctual Heather dislike:  I know someone who does this and he is a malicious human being. It scared me, Luann!

Lol what a bitchy thing to say about Simon but completely accurate. Every time he and Alex went shopping I would think "this man has had a d in his mouth at some point." An almost kind description of Alex though!

Haha Heather smiling to piss people off is one of my favorite things about her. It's such a power move to me.

I kind of hate myself but I want to read this book!

• Love 4

Lol what a bitchy thing to say about Simon but completely accurate. Every time he and Alex went shopping I would think "this man has had a d in his mouth at some point." An almost kind description of Alex though!

Haha Heather smiling to piss people off is one of my favorite things about her. It's such a power move to me.

I kind of hate myself but I want to read this book!

ITA on your first and third points.  And I see your second point about it being such a power move.....in a group of bitches. ;-)  Imo, a powerful person doesn't need to use such passive aggression. That's my least favorite thing about her.  Wait...no it's not.  I just can't rank all the things I dislike about her from least to most.  The list would be long and there would be many categories.  More like an outline.  With footnotes.  And photos and video. LOL

• Love 3

We expect a full report soon, talula.

I don't intend to buy or read Ramona's book but I will read Talula's book report.  LOL

There are just too many good books to read to waste precious time on Ramona Singer. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7

I don't intend to buy or read Ramona's book but I will read Talula's book report. LOL

There are just too many good books to read to waste precious time on Ramona Singer.

I'm busy reading other stuff more interesting and don't know when I'll get to Ramona's book. Maybe I'll read it while floating around in the pool on these 90 degree days...cause I don't care if it gets wet, lol!

CRJ6FM.jpg

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

I read a lot of Ramona's book today at the bookstore, and while there are no real reveals in it for anyone who has followed her antics on these boards over the past years, I do get a kind of kick out of realizing that Ramona did not include any cast pictures that had Jill Zarin in them.  At least I didn't see any. I think Kelly Bensimon came off better in the book than Jill.

• Love 1

How is R getting by without writing a blog for several weeks? Would this mean she's getting the axe?

She said in an interview recently that she hasn't been doing blogs because this year has been so hard for her, what with the Mario stuff.  Funny, because she was able to write them at the beginning of the season when folks were saying it looked like perhaps she might have changed. By the middle of the season when it was clear she is the same horrible person she always was, no more blogs for Ramona. I guess she didn't know what to say. 

• Love 9

This is who Moaner was telling Doris about. Giuseppe Cipriani. The owner of Cipriani and the guy who bought Ramona & Co.'s dinner.

OD-AW105A_CIPRI_G_20130313132017.jpg

He's 50 and a player.  He and his father were convicted of felony tax evasion to the tune of $10 million in 2007.  He beds mainly young Latin types so sorry, Moaner.  He seems like the type who would jump at the chance to be seen on TV, though.  Former race car driver and all around ladie's man.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/01/nyregion/01fraud.html?_r=0

• Love 2

This is who Moaner was telling Doris about. Giuseppe Cipriani. The owner of Cipriani and the guy who bought Ramona & Co.'s dinner.

OD-AW105A_CIPRI_G_20130313132017.jpg

He's 50 and a player.  He and his father were convicted of felony tax evasion to the tune of $10 million in 2007.  He beds mainly young Latin types so sorry, Moaner.  He seems like the type who would jump at the chance to be seen on TV, though.  Former race car driver and all around ladie's man.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/01/nyregion/01fraud.html?_r=0

Oh Ramona!  So sad, and so her, to think this meant anything... 

I'm kind of bummed that we didn't get to witness ramona on any random blind dates..or even at speed dating. Could u imagine ramona at a speed dating event?

Plus, I was also bummed we didn't get to see more to the sport bar interview, only a snippet. It takes me back to season 4 when she tried to interview assistants...both comical and cringe worthy lpl

Of course, we couldn't have that when we had to have countless scenes of bethanny in therapy.

• Love 5

JAYJAY1979:

I will always be pissed that b got away with what could have been Ramona's best year ever. I do think Ramona is a very enlightened person, she just stumbles over getting it out. It would have been great to see her back in the world, sans Mario. I loved how she interacted with her business partner. 

I hated that b stole the plot of Ramona's dating. Oh I have to have hot guys for Ramona. Shut your damn throw up hole b. Ramona would have been a delight finding her groove. She was very mature in what she wanted, a new appropriate partner. She isn't like you. You took time out from having sex with ugly men (sorry, every guy b has been linked to is freaking ugly and not hot, not even the young ones) to get married and have a kid. Then you wanted to immediately go back to having sex with ugly men. Ramona wanted something different.

So yeah, I hope that they muzzle b a lot more next season and let the other ladies get their stories out. b is really not happening, stop trying to make b be a thing, cause she ain't. 

IMO this should have been Ramona's year. Anyone could have come out with a good year after being treated so poorly by her husband. Hell, I detest her more than any other HW ever (with the possible exception of Vicki) and even I went into this season feeling sorry for her and expecting to have to give her some props. Boy, was I wrong. Only Ramona could screw up a guaranteed sympathy season by continuing to be herself.  She is just a horrible person and for whatever reason she decided to make that even more evident this season than she has in the past. Go figure. 

• Love 17

Re-watching the Singers' vow renewal (S3) and now, in retrospect, Mario's vows seem so sleazy. They were about how Ramona was working her butt on the treadmill when he first saw her ("black leotard") and how it got his attention because he's always been a fan of the butt. Wow, Mario…way to tug at the heartstrings!

And then Ramona responded with a heartfelt, teary-eyed declaration of how much she loved Mario, how he was her best friend, etc. Maybe Mario just isn't the sort of person given to public declarations and he couldn't help but be glib, but man…those were pretty mis-matched deliveries.

• Love 6

JAYJAY1979:

I will always be pissed that b got away with what could have been Ramona's best year ever. I do think Ramona is a very enlightened person, she just stumbles over getting it out. It would have been great to see her back in the world, sans Mario.

The only person to blame for Ramona NOT having her best year ever is Ramona.

It's not Bethenney's fault that Ramona is selfish, entitled and rude.

• Love 13

IMO this should have been Ramona's year. Anyone could have come out with a good year after being treated so poorly by her husband. Hell, I detest her more than any other HW ever (with the possible exception of Vicki) and even I went into this season feeling sorry for her and expecting to have to give her some props. Boy, was I wrong. Only Ramona could screw up a guaranteed sympathy season by continuing to be herself.  She is just a horrible person and for whatever reason she decided to make that even more evident this season than she has in the past. Go figure. 

That's because she's a selfish, entitled bitch who thinks everyone should cater to her.  Even though Ramona and Sonja are supposed to be BFFs, Sonja has come out with more than a few Ramona Zingers this season.  I think they portray BFFs on the show but are probably not real friends when they're not filming.

ETA:  I'd love someone to leak a story or two about the buried bodies Bethenny eluded to last night.

bodies%20buried_zpsglasyijm.jpg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

That wasn't my point. My point was that I think a lot of Ramona's, and probably all the others, stories this season got pushed aside to accomodate b and her season long infomercial. The whole season felt off. We were treated to snippets of flashbacks of the others. I don't see the things that Ramona does or says to be as manipulative or deceitful or self serving as anything that b does or did. Ramona speaks truths in a stumbling way, lives in a bubble that she built for herself, and wants to have her own kind of fun. I would rather watch her than b. I do think b hindered Ramona's, in my opinion, very strong capable manner in which she came out of her marriage, the footage of what was filmed, from being shown to make way for her own story. I would have liked to have seen more of her moving on and showing that she didn't let Mario break her. 

There is really not much that anyone can say that will make me not like Ramona. I see passed the silly rude things she does and think she gets away with stuff because in the big scheme of things, the things she does aren't all that awful.

ETA I truly think b was jealous that Ramona would get a survivor in the breakdown of a marriage story before she would get hers. And I think that is why she was so wah wah wah to Ramona during the New Beginnings party.

But she really does do awful things. IMO, next to what Brandi did to Adrienne, what Ramona did to Lu (who I have not been a fan of this season) and her daughter, for absolutely no reason at all, ranks among the most horrendous things one HW ever did to another. She was the first HW to really take stuff outside of the show and hit them where it hurt. I can never ever look past this. Lu's daughter did the wrong thing, but she was 16 at the time and Ramona was out to hurt and humilate. The very fact that Lu ever talked to her again, let alone forgave her, still astounds me.

http://absurdtosublime.net/2011/05/21/luann-de-lesseps-daughter-thrown-out-of-school/

• Love 12

That's because she's a selfish, entitled bitch who thinks everyone should cater to her.  Even though Ramona and Sonja are supposed to be BFFs, Sonja has come out with more than a few Ramona Zingers this season.  I think they portray BFFs on the show but are probably not real friends when they're not filming.

ETA:  I'd love someone to leak a story or two about the buried bodies Bethenny eluded to last night.

bodies%20buried_zpsglasyijm.jpg

Both Ramona and Sonja have said that they do NOT see each other outside of filming. The only HW that kept contact with everyone when filming was done has been Heather.

• Love 4