Type keyword(s) to search

Ramona Singer: The Turtle Time Walk of Shame

• Start Topic

I'm good with Heather,Carole and Kristen( honestly I could take her or leave her). With Lu and Ramona on the sides I think it might be fun.

I don't need anyone to come on just to, go toe to toe with any of the ladies. And I want even less to see someone take them "down".

I loved when they were all having fun and vacationing or just hanging out. I don't need to see constant fights and bickering.

NY is my favorite, so I hope they can go back to having fun and stop all the crazy fighting and throwing of "plastic wine glasses" and fake legs.

Eta: I forgot Sonja. Yeah, I think I'm done with Sonja. I can't stand to see a woman get more and more pathetic.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

I'm good with Heather,Carole and Kristen( honestly I could take her or leave her). With Lu and Ramona on the sides I think it might be fun.

I don't need anyone to come on just to, go toe to toe with any of the ladies. And I want even less to see someone take them "down".

I loved when they were all having fun and vacationing or just hanging out. I don't need to see constant fights and bickering.

NY is my favorite, so I hope they can go back to having fun and stop all the crazy fighting and throwing of "plastic wine glasses" and fake legs.

Eta: I forgot Sonja. Yeah, I think I'm done with Sonja. I can't stand to see a woman get more and more pathetic.

I am fine with them as well. I like the idea of the core of the group being folks who actually seem to enjoy spending time together. While I don't like Ramona, she does add some craziness to the show, so I am fine with her being a "friend of".

My big fear is that the tone of the season will be about creating friction between Heather and Carole. They will be going into S3, which is generally when someone gets a bad edit, or when tensions start to fly. How many of these shows actually have gals that have been able to remain good friends through 3 full seasons? It doesn't usually happen. It did happen this year on the OC with Heather, Vicki and Tamra, who remained friends despite what appeared to be an early attempt to ice Heather out. I hope that Heather and Carole are able to make their friendship work throughout the show, as this dynamic is one of my favorites. 

• Love 2

I like Heather and Carole's friendship, hope they don't screw with it. Could not care less about Kristen, she just takes up space. Am completely over Sonja, won't be able to stomach her without Ramona. I really liked this season, except for Aviva and her barbecued father, tried to pretend they didn't exist. Like Luanne for the first time in years. Still adore Ramona and she remains the main attraction, she's what keeps me watching.

• Love 3

The only way I see anything like friction happening between Carole and Heather is if either of them become so caught up in fan reaction about whatever that they change their tunes about one another after the season. I'm using Lisa Vanderpump as my guide here. She changed her tune about Kyle in the blogs, which I think had the effect of creating tension by the time they filmed the season two reunion.

However, given how hard in the paint Carole goes for Carolyn Bessett Kennedy and how hard in the paint Heather goes for Carole, plus the fact that Heather and Carole are friends outside of filming, I don't see an implosion happening.

• Love 2

Someone said Donatella Arpaia may have been the chef.

I think the current crew is fine without Aviva.  Ramona may have just as much airtime as Luann did this past season as a friend of.  It was probably a salary decision.

Luann and Kelly have been together at NYFW and Lisa Rinna was in a selfie with them yesterday. Lisa is a new HW on RHBH.  So maybe they are crossing over again. Andy tweeted a photo of Luann and Kelly together there yesterday.  Kristen has been there a lot too with her model friends.  Haven't seen her with a HW.  

Kelly keeps tweeting that RHNYC fans keeps her in the lifestyle that she is able to live, so she is thankful for that.  So she may be filming again this season.

Sonja just tweeted a photo of her driving to the South of France with a friend, and Asscher - makes me think of the diamonds.

No, that's not her mother, that's Kasey!  Ah, Moaner paid me 5 bucks to say dat.  Moaner said 5 bucks is all she can afford now that Andy cut her dough & the divorce is a comin'.  But she's confident Sonja will help her come up with a really effective budget. 

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

It will be interesting to see what Ramona gets.  They have the house in the Hamptons and the NYC apt.  And I wonder if they have a place in Italy or just rented each year when they went.  I wonder if they had a pre-nup.  They have been married at least 19 years - remember their 18 year vow renewal?  Kiss of death.  How long do pre-nups last in NY?

If Ramona really IS being demoted, might be the best thing for her image. I hated Luann until this past season, and now she seems to be almost universally loved. Granted, Luann has never been as unhinged as Ramona, but on the flip side, there have been plenty of moments when Ramona's unfiltered brashness rings all too true. So maybe in smaller doses Ramona might come across as the truth cannon in next season. All Vicki Gunvalson had to do on RHOC is stop siding with Tamra, and suddenly she's the voice of reason on that show. And arguably, Vicki is way slimier than Ramona.

• Love 3

Maybe Ramona wanted to go to more of a part time/sideline type of role so that she didn't have to film anything about her personal life while she's in the process of divorcing Mario.  Or, it could have been a directive that if there's no divorce drama, then you won't be full time.  I don't think Ramona needs the money, so it might be best that she comes to events, but there's no filming of her home life.  She could always come back full time, with a new story arc as the single Ramona in later seasons (if there are later seasons).  She could play the voice of reason to Sonja (heaven knows someone needs to be).  Going part time isn't necessarily a bad thing - it certainly helped Lu Ann.  

The producers are delusional if they think they are gonna revive this show around Kristen, Carole and Heather.  I think it would be a disaster.  Carole will up the ditz for airtime.  Heather-from-the-Block will find even more loud ways to up her street cred while still maintaining a Park Avenue lifestyle.  And Kristen will just be a little moist pool of tears off to the side.  There's nothing there.  It'll be same old same old.  Back when Zarin and Bethenny were pals, or even when they weren't, there was a kind of smart-ass thing going on that was genuinely watchable and believable.  I can't see this show lasting beyond next season.  Even if they had dynamite new ho'wives, the format is tired, who cares about the reunions, it's all very predictable and soporific.  Honestly I think the whole Ho'Wives thing is ovah!

• Love 2
The producers are delusional if they think they are gonna revive this show around Kristen, Carole and Heather.

I'm baffled by this.  What are the producers thinking?  They may have a genuine friendship, but so the fuck what?  They're boring as shit!  If Moaner doesn't return, the show is finished.

• Love 4

They may have a genuine friendship, but so the fuck what?

Yeah.  If I wanted to spend time with real friends I'd call up a couple and go out for a coffee or a drink and a nice cozy gossip.  I don't watch this show to see genuine friendship!  And as a corollary to that I don't watch for world-without-end drama either.  Interesting locations, interesting and sometimes unflattering outfits and hair-dos, interesting and usually hilarious interior design choices all play a part in my enjoyment.  Screaming cat fights and their inevitable accompaniment known as the 'I wanted to meet and clear the air' frigid encounters in bars have taken over the program and it's become boring as hell.

OK, wait a minute -- what the what???  Could Mario really be this much of a dick?  Can't he afford to just get another place?

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/09/ramona-singer-mario-singer-ugly-divorce-not-leaving-house-daughter-bedroom/

Ah, Moaner, sorry, but don't look to me to feel sorry for ya, hun.  I still remember all those years you were sooooooo super smug bout havin' such a great catch.  Mmmmm, not such a great catch, eh sweetie?

OK, wait a minute -- what the what???  Could Mario really be this much of a dick?  Can't he afford to just get another place?

How disrespectful is he to go visit his mistress and then come and sleep in his daughter's bed? If he doesn't have any respect for how difficult this would be for Ramona, that's one thing. But, to rub his daughter's face in too is just beyond dick-ish!

• Love 4

I say, stamp an "L" for a big ole loser on Mario's head,  OK, so if he wants to see Kasey on a steady basis, why doesn't he get an apartment for himself so he can get with her.  WTF?  What is this about?  He can't afford to get another place?  He wants to torture Moaner?

• Love 1

My thoughts exactly, Scoobie. I'd think that Mario would be too happy to run off-leash and get into all sorts of trouble without Ramona knowing. (Unless sneaking around was a huge part of the appeal.) I mean, it's not as if he can entertain Kasey at the home they shared.

Either this is a cost-saving measure, or Mario wants to rub his comings and goings in his wife's face. Or maybe this is a weird I'll-get-her-back ploy. I've known a couple of people who were legally separated from their spouses, but things were amicable enough for them to stay in the same home before things were finalized (in separate rooms, of course). I doubt this is the situation with the Singers, though.

Maybe he plans to fight her on the house and is pulling a "War of the Roses" type move? Or, maybe he truly is every bit of a dick as he has come across as all these years and is just torturing Ramona because he can. It could also be a ploy to convince Ramona to stop the divorce proceedings. Mario may not want Ramona, but he probably doesn't want the hassle of having to drastically change his lifestyle either. 

I said this earlier in this thread, I don't think either of them have thought out what a divorce would mean for each.  It would mean a drastic change in their lifestyles.  Unless they come to some sort of agreement.  But they probably both have equal claim on the properties.  What a mess.  

Anyhoo, separately, neither of 'em can afford these kind of high priced properties.  So Moaner will have to come down with her fancy tastes, unless she finds some rich old guy to marry.  Or she can join her friend Sonja in the land of delusion.  Hope Moaner has money of her own to depend on cuz you just bet a dickhead like Mario will tie up all of his own money & any joint funds so Moaner won't be able to touch it.  Sure, Moaner could eventually get a nice settlement outta Mario, but if he fights it, it could take years.  And she can't depend a child support dough, as Sonja has.

Bethenny's Jason lived in their home too. Is there something about the divorce process in NY that leads to this beyond the sheer economics of expensive housing?

I was wondering the same thing. Like maybe it would be considered abandoning the property? That seems so antiquated.

I still think it's a dick move on Mario's part. Can't imagine Kasey would be happy about that situation. Maybe there's trouble in paradise?

• Love 1

Jason had the money to leave. He wasn't destitute. This is just my humble opinion, but I think Jason stayed to stick it to Bethenny. He wanted to see her miserable. There was and probably still is, some serious hate. I don't get that same "beyond hate" vibe (from what I've read) about Ramona and Mario. Not that I don't think there's isn't a lot of acrimony.

I'm thinking Mario and Kasey are on the outs and now Mario doesn't want to be spend money on a rental or hotel.

I think Jason didn't have the money to leave, whereas Mario does.

Jason makes an OK living from his pharm sales job. He could afford a studio in a decent building. That's what he shoulda done, instead of leeching off Beths. Well, maybe he wanted to keep a closer eye on his daughter or maybe he was being vindictive with Beth or maybe (as I suspect) he didn't wanna give up living like a multi-millionaire on Beth's dough.

Now, just what is the situation with Moaner & Mario? It is baffling. Hmmm, would Moaner let them film the show round Mario & Moaner at home? That might be fun to watch, eh?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

I can't decide if Ramona decided it would be easier to sit out for a bit-like Jacqueline RHONJ and then wait for the phone call to save the show mid-season or she just decided it would be easier to collect spousal support.

I concur with those who feel that Heather, Carole, Kristen and LuAnn dynamic would be a bore.  Right now they have four against Sonja-how much fun will that be? 

This is so true. What are holidays going to be like for the Singers? I can't picture Ramona inviting Mario and his girlfriend over to spend Christmas day with her and Avery, unlike the coziness Aviva seems to have with her ex, Harry.

I'm not even thinking that far ahead for this pair. Mario seems completely taken by her, um... ways, and is giving her whatever she wants - you could say that she has won, to me she seems much less courtesan and much more conquestador. I think she dumps him if better opportunity arises.

This is a woman who has shown no sympathy for the wife, who instead revels in the pain she causes, like she collects heart breaks, is disturbing on a dangerous level that crosses the boundaries between kind of crazy bad girl, and a girl who is like a stain you want to step around. All sex, bait the flesh, the bigger wallet wins, Next!

I understand what scoobiedoobs says about her being scary, she's undergone surgeries, done whatever it takes, planned her moves, very calculating, all along. I do believe Mario is the name most useful in her current figurative rolodex, but I believe the only person Kasey is capable of loving is herself. She's young, and she'll get tired of him the moment the thrill of conquering him is gone, and something more interesting grabs her attention. That's my prediction.

Oh, I've never cared for Ramona either way, you know? But even I think she has been dealt a humiliation coupled with 21 years to process and to grieve for, that even I cannot really revel in.

Eta: Damn, missed a page? Eek. Sorry for any wrench-throwing of conversation.

Edited by Souvlaki

Bethenny and Jason had a very young daughter and a custody dispute when Jason refused to leave. He would have either had to take his daughter with him when he left or he would have been legally abandoning her, hurting his case. It made practical sense for him to stay and not disrupt his daughter's routine until custody was settled. With Mario and Ramona there are no minor children, so all I can imagine is that Mario thinks that it is his house and she can leave if she doesn't want to be around him. Otherwise, I got nothing.

A father is not legally abandoning his daughter when living in a different residence while going through a divorce. Sorry but that is absurd. We may never know why exactly Jason chose not to move. I've already voiced my opinion on why I think.

As for Ramona and Mario, I will be very interested in knowing if Mario and Kasey are on the outs.

A father is not legally abandoning his daughter when living in a different residence while going through a divorce. Sorry but that is absurd.

True.  I was a child of divorce and my parents were living in separate residences long before the divorce was finalized.

I liked Jason at first on the show because he seemed so, relatively speaking, normal but I'm of the mindset that he stayed in the home to mess with Bethenny. For the record I have no basis for this way of thinking as it's just my opinion.

True.  I was a child of divorce and my parents were living in separate residences long before the divorce was finalized.

I liked Jason at first on the show because he seemed so, relatively speaking, normal but I'm of the mindset that he stayed in the home to mess with Bethenny. For the record I have no basis for this way of thinking as it's just my opinion.

I feel the same way.

Saw Lu on WWHL & she said she just saw Moaner & Sonja at a party.  Apparently Moaner asked for her & Sonja to be seated at a different table than Lu.  OK, you can feel sorry for her all day long for being married to a dickhead, but she's still really a big ole meanie.  I don't like huh & I never will.  Er, but I do still find her entertaining -- hiding head in shame & embarrassment . . . 

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

I thought Jason gave up his job to work for Bethenny's company? I could never quite tell what was going on there though, so if I'm wrong about that, maybe he did have the money to move out. Both situations seem really uncomfortable to me. 

Lu wasn't very nice to Ramona or Sonja at the reunion, but yeah Ramona is not a nice person.

• Love 1

It looks like Mario is going to squeeze the last ounce out of the lemon in humiliating and screwing with the Moaner.

But when you consider how she treats people and what hell it must have been to be married to her you have to just shrug and say "Karma is a bitch."

• Love 2

Scroll down here for a pic of the Moaner-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2781780/Kim-Cattrall-Lucy-Liu-step-autumn-fashionable-coats-opening-night-Broadway.html

Well, at least she's not wearing clothes from 1996.  Hmmm, maybe it's new stuff, but it looks like it all could be from 1996, even the hair too.  Oh Moaner, will ya update your style, hun?  She looks like in a time warp from 20 years ago.  WTF?

I see no wedding ring.  Wonder if she threw it in the toilet like dopey Kendra did to hers.

I thought Ramona looked current.

Gosh, I just saw a pic of my sis going out to a club in 1992 in the same shirt, jacket & pants as the Moaner is wearing.  

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/06/1412559320806_Image_galleryImage_Opening_night_of_The_Curi.JPG

Current?  Yikes no.  The pants & shoes look like something my mom just threw away, that she wore in the '70's.  Moaner's hair looks like an exact copy (but not as nice) of Jake's girlfriend in Sixteen Candles.  And when was that from?  !986?  Oy Moaner -- you do know what year it is, don't ya, hun?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Sticking to a certain style may not be a bad thing -- but Moaner always seems to look so terribly dated.  Yeah, I agree that Moaner will forever be stuck in the '90's.  At least Sonja has no choice.  She can't seem to afford new fancy-shmancy clothes, so she's gotta keep on wearing her clothes from the '90's.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Actually, that look is "in". Ramona is on trend there.

I was just talking to a friend of mine about how trends go in cycles. We were shocked to see what looked like "MC Hammer" pants being sold at the mall as though they were the height of fashion. Mannequins dressed in black Hammer pants and high heels - it was more than a little disturbing. 

The thing about trends though, is that if you were around and wearing them the first time, they will make you look dated. So, maybe that is what some are seeing when they see this photo of Ramona.

• Love 3
Actually, that look is "in". Ramona is on trend there.

Oh yeah, thanks for the giggle.  Burn the shiny black shirt, Moaner.  Makes me almost miss the shiny blue dresses with the spaghetti straps.  Eh, not really.  Hey, wait a minute,  Just realized Moaner is wearing shirt with sleeves.  Er, huh??? Is this a first for the Moaner?

There's a difference between vintage, classic, and outdated in fashion. I can't remember the difference right now, but Ramona looks outdated to me.

I think Ramona looks outdated because the current "trend" is exactly what she was wearing in the 90's. The fashion isn't outdated because it is currently the trend. It isn't vintage because it was the trend in the 90's. It isn't classic because it came in and went out of fashion only to come back again. 

One of the pieces of fashion advice I have always adhered to is that if you experienced it the first time around, and it comes back as a trend, you have no business wearing it the second time, because it WILL make you look dated. 

• Love 8

If Ramona was demoted she has nobody to blame but herself. She's not open to discussing her personal life/Mario, well....what good is she? Maybe she'll actually come across better and get that 'redemption edit' kind of like Lu. We'll see!