Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

On 2/18/2017 at 7:41 PM, Giselle said:

Yes she is good at modeling which speaks to her longevity and continued success but I bet she had a few doors "magically" open for her when she first started. She didn't do it all on her own.

Eh, neither did Farah who works at The Agency under stepdad Mauricio or Vicky's son who "works" at the insurance place or Jeana's older son Shane who is real estate now. I don't think it's magical door openings but simply parents giving their kids a little help at the beginning. I approve. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, sarivon said:

Eh, neither did Farah who works at The Agency under stepdad Mauricio or Vicky's son who "works" at the insurance place or Jeana's older son Shane who is real estate now. I don't think it's magical door openings but simply parents giving their kids a little help at the beginning. I approve. 

Oh I also agree absolutely. Opening a door or two or a bit of help at the beginning is perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with that. If they are worth their salt they will continue on and rise to the opportunity given them if not they should be booted out to find their own passion. But I wouldn't say that she built her career on her own. She had a lot of help at the beginning along with opportunities most other models would never have. Her continued hard work but also her celebrity have made her career successful.

In regard to your previous post  that I was quoting, you said about Gigi that she built a career without "having something handed to her" I believe she did have it handed to her, the doors opened for her were to top international designers she didn't start out modeling on the lower rungs like catalog work or a local store nor do I believe she had to schlep her book around to modeling cattle calls competing with dozens of other girls. She was handed some easy high exposure first shots at modeling because of her parents and step-fathers celebrity, her mother's own history in modeling, and Gigi's own time in the public spotlight. She expressed an interest to model, they said sure why not because of who she was, there was no competition for those first jobs. She built upon the unique opportunities first handed her. And she benefits from the family business by having a nice monetary cushion to fall back on as the daughter of wealthy parents. I do wish that she had continued with her education, she seemed to be quite smart. Hopefully she may do so in the future.

In the end I think we are in agreement. :-)

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 11

Yolanda has a new show...

Lifetime’s other new unscripted project is Model Moms (working title) featuring former model and television personality Yolanda Hadid (Real Housewives of Beverly Hills). Model Moms brings Yolanda and her expertise to the forefront as she coaches aspiring teen models to succeed on and off the catwalk.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/lifetime-movies-anjelica-huston-elizabeth-smart-cat-deeley-yolanda-hadid-michael-jackson-menendez-premiere-dates-upfront-1202047939/amp/

Yolanda's advice? No food, no volleyball and be born to a mother who was a model. And do Yolanda's Lemon Cleanse®! 

The potential IMG Model contract is interesting, but since when has Yolanda also had a company that manages models?

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3
On 4/15/2017 at 4:10 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Hello Us!?  Hell No!

She feeds her kids half a well-chewed almond a day, washed down with master cleanse!  Do any of them even live with her anymore?  What kind of bizarre criteria did she need to meet to merit this award? 

Oh boy. Definitely bizarre. 

If I haven't mentioned it before, I love your screen name and profile photo. I can hear Edina's voice while reading your comment:).

• Love 4

The tatts on Anwar's hand caught my attention.  Then I looked over at Yo's hand.   What is going on there?  Other than that, she looks good. They all do.  Bella is stunning.  Anwar has the best outfit.

• Love 2

What a miraculous recovery. Yo's done it. She's found the cure for Lyme Disease- Fame (whore), A++++ events, and riding the coat tails of your world famous model daughters (who reached a level of success she could only dream of in her day).

• Love 15

Bella and Mohamed at Cannes,

lookbook-bella-mohamed-02.jpg?itok=jlRB1

And eating crème glacée

lookbook-bella-mohamed-01.jpg?itok=jx1tA

Yolanda is filming her model moms show

And hugging flowers, like normal. 

And Gigi was doing legit modeling at Kennedy Space Center

• Love 3

Maybe it's just me who's led a pretty regular life (although a military child and a military wife-maybe that's not everyone's regular life but a loving family who taught us the right way to live) but I do feel sad for these young people in the Haddid family and Kartrashian family. They have no family values as we know them, no one who will truly love them no matter what they do in their lives, no matter what they weigh or how they "look" or how much money they make. However, the most important thing I think you can teach your children is compassion for others, hard work, ethical behavior, moral behavior, believing in something bigger than yourself and a reason for living beyond your own pleasure. And posing naked or almost naked in some designer clothes is not any of those things nor is having hookups with musicians to get yourselves in the tabloids. 

• Love 5

What lack of family values? They all seem like a close-knit family who love and support each other. Gigi and Bella might not have the ideal careers people think they should have, but they work for it and seem to enjoy it, despite whatever doors mom and dad seemed to open for them. And they do get involved in things bigger than themselves and have compassion for others. One example:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4170560/Bella-Hadid-joins-protest-against-Trump-s-muslim-ban.html

• Love 9

In addition, there are numerous designers from Michael Kors to Donatella Versace to KooKoo Karl Lagerfeld who say Gigi is the consummate professional and delight to work with. 

no one who will truly love them no matter what they do in their lives, no matter what they weigh or how they "look" or how much money they make. 

They seem really loved by their family, unconditionally. Who do you mean by 'no one'?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

In addition, there are numerous designers from Michael Kors to Donatella Versace to KooKoo Karl Lagerfeld who say Gigi is the consummate professional and delight to work with. 

They seem really loved by their family, unconditionally. Who do you mean by 'no one'?

My question as well. Yolanda drove me crazy during her time on the show, but she seems to have raised kids who love her, and love each other very much. And what do we know about their values? I've not heard anything to indicate they aren't really good people. 

• Love 3

Yolanda is moving to NYC in order to be closer to her daughters, as well.

Imo, she is a decent mother.

Is Anwar done with High School and is he going to college?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Yolanda is moving to NYC in order to be closer to her daughters, as well.

Imo, she is a decent mother.

Is Anwar done with High School and is he going to college?

Do college students get reality shows? 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Do college students get reality shows? 

What?

Anwar is going to be on Reality TV? Is he going to be on Yoyo new show?

Gigi looks fantastic on the Bazaar cover.

I can see her having a long, long career. 

IMG_0192.JPG

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

What?

Anwar is going to be on Reality TV? Is he going to be on Yoyo new show?

Gigi looks fantastic on the Bazaar cover.

I can see her having a long, long career. 

IMG_0192.JPG

What I meant was, there won't be any pressure on Anwar to go to college, considering that both of his parents have each taken way more stabs at reality TV fame than they have tertiary education. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

What I meant was, there won't be any pressure on Anwar to go to college, considering that both of his parents have each taken way more stabs at reality TV fame than they have tertiary education. 

True, why bother with education when TV is so lucrative?

I would have anticipated that he would go the USC route.

• Love 1

Anyone ever seen the young French model Thylane Blondeau? I wish I could figure out how to attach her photo to this post but i'm having no luck. She makes Gigi Habib look plain! IMO

6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Anyone ever seen the young French model Thylane Blondeau? I wish I could figure out how to attach her photo to this post but i'm having no luck. She makes Gigi Habib look plain! IMO

Is this her? thylane-blondeau-xlarge.jpg

• Love 2

Yes. That's her and she looks like she isn't wearing make up in that photo. Her facial bone structure, eyebrows, lips ( lips might be enhanced, not sure) are just stunning. Thanks Wirewrap for helping me out on posting her photo!

• Love 2

Papa Mohamed back in the news:

City officials yanked the building permits. Luxury developer Mohamed Hadid was slapped with criminal charges. The case drew international attention with its cocktail of criminal accusations, real estate excess and star power in Hadid, who has appeared on “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” and whose daughters Gigi and Bella have graced magazine covers.

After more than a year of legal wrangling, Hadid pleaded no contest to the misdemeanor charges Tuesday. But neighbors remain anxious about what will ultimately happen to the roughly 30,000-square-foot mega-mansion uphill.

“You still have this horrendous thing hanging over the hillside,” said Joseph Horacek, an entertainment lawyer who repeatedly lodged complaints as the home was under construction, in an April interview at his home. He has nicknamed the unfinished building, which towers over his winding street below, the “Starship Enterprise.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bel-air-building-20170530-htmlstory.html

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/30/2017 at 4:13 PM, steelcitysister said:

Seeing Mo on Second Wives Club is interesting - looks like he gave Shiva a ring just to keep her for a while; marriage doesn't interest him. I really like Shiva - she deserves better but doesn't seem to realize that.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/218692_exclusive_shiva_safai_second_wives_club_rhobh/

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4
On 5/29/2017 at 8:43 PM, chenoa333 said:

Just copy the image link and paste it into the post, the site does the rest :)

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Thanks lisin. I apologize for my stupidity. I still am not able to copy and paste the photo. No big deal. 

If it's a picture online just right click on it, select "copy image address" and then right click in here and select "paste" and it should work :)

• Love 1

So Mohamed is building ANOTHER mansion bigger than the one we've occasionally seen on RHOBH? How much room does Mo and his fiance need? I guess he gets off on wallowing in his wealth.  Gross. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

So Mohamed is building ANOTHER mansion bigger than the one we've occasionally seen on RHOBH? How much room does Mo and his fiance need? I guess he gets off on wallowing in his wealth.  Gross. 

Mohammed doesn't actually own the mansion he lives in and the subsequent owner has it for sale.  It sounds like his latest will end up in the recycle bin.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Mohammed doesn't actually own the mansion he lives in and the subsequent owner has it for sale.  It sounds like his latest will end up in the recycle bin.

Can I live in the "recycle bin"? Lol!

• Love 2

Is it just my imagination or has Yolanda been completely cured (cough "in remission") since she was fired from left RHBH? Where are the "sick bed pics"? Where are the medication pics?

WHERE IN THE HECK IS DAISY?

...and where are the sick pics of Bella and Anwar.....poor victims of Lyme?

• Love 6
On 6/4/2017 at 9:50 AM, chenoa333 said:

Can I live in the "recycle bin"? Lol!

Noooooo, save yourself, chenoa333! One heavy rainstorm and:

• Love 3