Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, ryebread said:

Which new users are you talking about? With all due respect, the only new username I see here, is yours. I mean, welcome and all, but it's an odd way to tell us you're coming in, by telling us you're out, and then blaming the change in tone of the board on a bunch of Gigi lovin' newbies. Fun wreckers. ;-)

It only turns into a fan site, when the non-fans abandon the boards for the current franchises. Which is not unusual when a season wraps.  Or, when lurking non-fans only lurk.

I still see a few diehard fans and non-fans still engaging in friendly sparring, here. Surely you were lurking when we managed to generate over 100 pages, mainly bagging on YoYo?  If not, you missed a feeding frenzy. You would've loved it. God help those that tried to defend her in any small fashion. LOL

Too late. Anwar is already involved with an actress. Nicola Peltz something-or-other.

Again, welcome. We clearly have a difference in the amount of dislike we have for Yolanda, but that's what makes the forum go round. And round. And round.

I wasn't about to call out specific usernames when I posted it.  I've been reading since the beginning on and off. So my view may not be accurate.  But I just wanted to get that off my chest. I said I wouldn't complain about it further, so I won't. 

14 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

hmmm. So that's normal in #Holland?

The Hadids have always been a touchy feely family imo. The only thing I see that's corny is the way they show it off on social media. Mohamed's instagram is the only one I can stand to look at without rolling my eyes. The property he's squatting in is very beautiful and he travels to very nice places. It almost looks like one of those luxury home and travel magazines. 

51 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Yes, she is. When she was in the throes of her illness/Instagram selfie frenzy, I enjoyed looking at all the huge bouquets of flowers she would get. And how she would color coordinate her blouses or pajama tops with the flowers in the bouquet. She was too sick to get out of bed for 397 months, but by god she was going to style those pictures and make everything nice. 

I can't fault her for that. Think of the alternative. I like things nice, too.

For someone who was at the brink of death due to Lyme disease, she sure looks easy breezy in the middle of a forest which has probably ticks crawling all over..... Lol.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

Yes, she is. When she was in the throes of her illness/Instagram selfie frenzy, I enjoyed looking at all the huge bouquets of flowers she would get. And how she would color coordinate her blouses or pajama tops with the flowers in the bouquet. She was too sick to get out of bed for 397 months, but by god she was going to style those pictures and make everything nice. 

Me too. What if Dorinda is our spirit HW?

64qoZ.gif

• Love 7
(edited)

The only thing I see that's corny is the way they show it off on social media

How dare they show off that they are a close and loving family! Those arrogant assholes!

Dorinda and Yolanda need to co-host a Martha Stewart home decor and party planning style show.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

How dare they show off that they are a close and loving family! Those arrogant assholes!

I would agree with you except that they have an internet presence exclusively for mercenary reasons.

otoh, they are free to do as they please.

• Love 1

I would agree with you except that they have an internet presence exclusively for mercenary reasons.

An internet presence none of us are required or forced to follow.

Granted, the reasons for that internet presence are entirely debatable, too.

As far as Hadid family books go, I would choose to read Bella's. She may appear dull on the outside, but her biography would probably read like the paper version of Spring Breakers. In a perfect world we would get a scathing tell-all from her. I'm curious how often GiGi will be mentioned in Yo's book. 

40 minutes ago, BBHN said:

An internet presence none of us are required or forced to follow.

Granted, the reasons for that internet presence are entirely debatable, too.

Of course not, I am not following anyone personally.

However, I enjoy seeing the two girls professionally.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Yellowsun1 said:

Gigi and Bella love to wear stupid pants. 

2 hours ago, ryebread said:

The flower hugging! 

• Love 4
(edited)
23 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

64qoZ.gif

I can't quit you, Dorinda! 

On 6/22/2017 at 3:37 PM, ryebread said:

Yeah. A lot of people think Yolanda shouldn't have pushed them into modeling (and I think she did) and should have encouraged the college route. I'm an educator and I would have encourage them to model as long as that's what made my girls happy. 

In addition to the matter of an education, I would guess that many other people might object to a mom forcing/encouraging her daughters to enter a profession known to have many severe issues associated with it (anorexia, drug abuse, etc). Of course that doesn't mean any specific girl would end up with those issues, but to some it'd be like throwing the young women into the path of a moving train. On the other hand it's also a great way to see the world and make money (and connections), so if you can manage to take the good and avoid the bad, you'll have the facts of life a pretty good life. Then head on to higher learning if you choose.

Edited by ivygirl
iPad seems to change my real words into the wrong words while ignoring my real typos
  • Love 8
On 6/24/2017 at 11:24 AM, ivygirl said:

In addition to the matter of an education, I would guess that many other people might object to a mom forcing/encouraging her daughters to enter a profession known to have many severe issues associated with it (anorexia, drug abuse, etc). Of course that doesn't mean any specific girl would end up with those issues, but to some it'd be like throwing the young women into the path of a moving train.

I agree. But I would argue that what Yolanda did is hardly throwing them to the wolves. Gigi and Bella aren't fresh-off-the-bus wannabee models, without talent, close family ties or resources. They got to skip a lot of the bullshit that would put them in harm's way that most young,  less supermodel-y girls experience. Even with all their advantages, though,  I can't fault Yolanda for moving to New York City. She knows the business can chew you up and spit you out. Now she sees her kids on the regular and it seems to be working for everybody. In addition, Gigi and Bella are in it together. That's not to say they both can't go off the nut and spend all their money on coke and champagne. But they seem intelligent, are extremely close, and will look out for each other. I'd watch their show. Like them or not, they are a phenomenon. I'm fascinated by the industry, and I've never seen anything like it before.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/21/2017 at 11:27 AM, Yellowsun1 said:

Long time lurker on this thread, I'm done. This used to be a place to read funny, sarcastic insults and sweet gossip about Lime-Lemon Yolanda and her offspring. Now it has turned into a Hadid butt kissing fest. All these new users arrived and its been nothing but praising GiGi and runner-up GiGi.  I miss the talk about Yo's delusions, GiGi's desperate climb to fame, and non-GiGi's trying their darndest to make mommy proud. Most of the posts now are fawning over GiGi's career like this is the Fashionspot. 

I know Yo got axed from rh, but does that mean the thread needed to turn into a fan site?

I don't mean to be insulting at all, but.....if the content was so interesting before - back when everyone was hammering away at Yo and her clan - why did you not participate? If you had, maybe the forum would not have turned into a "fan site"? Most of the folks here have been posting forever and ever. And for the record, I don't think it is a fan site, but so what if it is? I think that people are fascinated to watch these young people that we saw back before they made a name for themselves take the modeling world by storm. It really is something to see. It is especially interesting to me because if you go way back to the beginning, you can find people saying that Gigi would never have a chance at any real fame. Oh, the ways in which we can be wrong. 

But the fact of the matter is, Yo is not really relevant any longer in the broader sense. Her kids have very far eclipsed her and any fame she might have ever had. They are the ones who are doing interesting things and making news. Yo is now just the mother of some very rich, very beautiful, very successful children, so that is what people are posting about. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6
(edited)

Long time lurker on this thread, I'm done.
Now it has turned into a Hadid butt kissing fest. All these new users arrived and its been nothing but praising GiGi and runner-up GiGi.  

I get what you are saying. I barely post in this thread anymore, mainly because I am put off by so many almost naked photos of the just-barely-on-the-other-side-of legal-Hadid kids. Also, the kids were barely on the show, so I just don't find anything about them all that interesting. Seems like we would have all been better served if there were just a thread for the kids of the show that was separate from the actual housewives. That way the focus would stay on the actual housewives and those who are actually interested in the kids could have their own outlet. In fact, I have long believed that every housewives thread should have a separate place to post about just the kids. Can't comment on the new users thing because it seems like the same people to me, but I haven't regularly checked the thread in months.

ETA: The reason I always thought the kids should have a separate thread is because I always thought the kids should either be off limits or at least not be judged by the assholish behaviors of their parents.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6

Only the Hadid kids have celebrity modeling careers that are notable. Only Gigi and Bella have become tabloid fodder and far eclipsed the borderline nobody level of fame their parents had. Gigi is a supermodel. A thread that separates Yolanda from her much more famous children isn't necessary. This combined thread doesn't ignore Yolanda, she's just a shrewd ex real housewife who doesn't do anything interesting.

• Love 2
On 7/14/2017 at 0:09 AM, Kokapetl said:

Gigi's third Vogue US cover

Kudos to Gigi.

On 7/6/2017 at 1:19 PM, LIMOM said:

Bella is walking for Fendi.

IMG_0274.PNG

Good for her.

(edited)
On 7/15/2017 at 7:49 AM, Kokapetl said:

Only the Hadid kids have celebrity modeling careers that are notable. Only Gigi and Bella have become tabloid fodder and far eclipsed the borderline nobody level of fame their parents had. Gigi is a supermodel. A thread that separates Yolanda from her much more famous children isn't necessary. This combined thread doesn't ignore Yolanda, she's just a shrewd ex real housewife who doesn't do anything interesting.

Kokapetl, you are right on! Her kids may be of interest, but Yolanda, ummmm....NOPE. She lost me at lyme. I guess that is why she is no longer on the RHBH. So that is why I will no longer be checking out her non relevant thread.

Back to OC and NYC  I go......Hope to meet you over there, cause I really do appreciate your interest in the Real Housewives. Please follow us over .....your posts would be most welcome.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

This crap is still happening

Well, the timing of her post is suspicious IMO. Right as they announce that Kylie Jenner has a show of her own on E, she must be fuming that Gigi didn't get 1! LOL

• Love 7

I just don't care anymore. I hope every procedure is extremely painful and leads to other issues.

How can my statement be cruel when she seems to thrive on showing us misery.

• Love 9

I came here to post about her new book.  She is really tossing her King under the bus!  Was he always a dick to her and she lied about it or did he become that way when she started trying all the weird treatments that he probably had to pay for?  

One thing that really bugged me about the description is she mentioned that she has a lot in the vault about her old HW coworkers that they wouldn't want out and she is such a good person she is not mentioning it.  Ok I paraphrased a lot since I read it before I was really awake but it made me mad.  It kinda reminds me of someone running the country who always talks about having super secret squirrel info they are not releasing YET.  I think these veiled threats are really shitty.  Not releasing it but mentioning you have it makes you look like a giant asshole Yolo!

• Love 10

A guest on The Talk gave a quick anecdote from Yo's new book.  Foster said, "your sick card is up."   The spurned a question about personal stories on breakups at the table, they never dish celebs.  It sounded heartless unless you knew the circumstances.  I am sure he said much, much more than that one sentence.  That was not the break up line, certainly.  She included that, of course, to gain sympathy.  None from me.  David you did the right thing, you got out as soon as you could.  

He is dating Elizabeth Hurley now. 

• Love 9

Yeah, when the title of the book begins with "Believe Me.." it makes it sound like the validity of the subject matter is already questionable. imo.

I wonder what kind of damage she has done to her body with all the quackery she has subjected herself to in the name of photo ops and attention a cure for Lyme Disease.

• Love 5
(edited)

I wasn't able to watch this past season, but Gigi and Bella have been all over the web in their various states of undress, so I've kept up with their lives.

I totally agree with you about David having good timing, wings707. Yo took him for a long ride, but once he realized it, he got out pronto.  I still find it hard to believe that once upon a time, Yo was my favorite.  That was long before she began her "treatments" and became the celeb known for her illnesses.  Now, I just think she's one of the foremost gritches in Hollywood.  She apparently is happy to see her daughters following the same path someday. 

David and Elizabeth Hurley???  Good grief!  He sure isn't interested in turning over a new leaf where women are concerned if he's dating her.  How many love affairs and husbands has she had?  I guess they make a good pair, given his history!  It sounds like things haven't changed much.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

A guest on The Talk gave a quick anecdote from Yo's new book.  Foster said, "your sick card is up."   The spurned a question about personal stories on breakups at the table, they never dish celebs.  It sounded heartless unless you knew the circumstances.  I am sure he said much, much more than that one sentence.  That was not the break up line, certainly.  She included that, of course, to gain sympathy.  None from me.  David you did the right thing, you got out as soon as you could.  

He is dating Elizabeth Hurley now. 

Why do I suspect she doesn't say how much her quack treatments all over the world cost him before he said enough was enough/"your sick card is up"? I wonder if Mohammed queued David in on Yolanda playing sick to garner attention and a better divorce deal when she started crying "Chronic Lyme"! LOL 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Why do I suspect she doesn't say how much her quack treatments all over the world cost him before he said enough was enough/"your sick card is up"? I wonder if Mohammed queued David in on Yolanda playing sick to garner attention and a better divorce deal when she started crying "Chronic Lyme"! LOL 

I think her sick posturing started with David.  I didn't hear she did this with Mohammed, too.  

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I think her sick posturing started with David.  I didn't hear she did this with Mohammed, too.  

Yes, her "broken back" happened when she Mohammed were married. Remember her telling us she "broke her back when she gave birth to Anwar"?!?! Then she  posted photos of her doing physical things during the time she claims she was "bedridden with a broken back"! I suspect this is how she tries to get around the pre-nups she signed/agreed to when she marries when it comes to divorce time. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, her "broken back" happened when she Mohammed were married. Remember her telling us she "broke her back when she gave birth to Anwar"?!?! Then she  posted photos of her doing physical things during the time she claims she was "bedridden with a broken back"! I suspect this is how she tries to get around the pre-nups she signed/agreed to when she marries when it comes to divorce time. LOL

How silly of me to have forgotten she broke her back in childbirth!   Dodging the pre nups, if that is possible when sick, hell yes.  I wonder how many books she will sell.  Her friend died so that is one she won't sell.  Is there anyone else?  

• Love 5
(edited)

Daily mail posted more excerpts, wow, she is something. I always knew she was full of shit but the way she edits her narrative to become a martyr is fascinating. 

She talks about being financially independent, which might be the best "I invalidated prenups" spin ever. 

She also wanted " to stay far away from Gucci and Chanel on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, Yolanda decided to reside up the California coast in Montecito "  aka where Oprah lives and even the most modest tract home goes for a million +.

Lots of stuff about David working and ignoring her.  Does she not realize how her white jean collection was paid for?

Then hw stuff, more vault threats, lack of sympathy, they're all bitches stuff. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4725340/Yolanda-Hadid-dishes-illness-kids-exes-memoir.html

Edited by luleetuni
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, luleetuni said:

Daily mail posted more excerpts, wow, she is something. I always knew she was full of shit but the way she edits her narrative to become a martyr is fascinating. 

She talks about being financially independent, which might be the best "I invalidated prenups" spun ever. 

She also wanted " to stay far away from Gucci and Chanel on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, Yolanda decided to reside up the California coast in Montecito "  aka where Oprah lives and even the most modest tract home goes for a million +.

Lots of stuff about David working and ignoring her.  Does she not realize how her white jean collection was paid for?

Then hw stuff, more vault threats, lack of sympathy, they're all bitches stuff. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4725340/Yolanda-Hadid-dishes-illness-kids-exes-memoir.html

I love her not so subtle veiled threats to the HWs, about private info locked up in her "vault"! Does she forget that she claims to suffer from "brain fog"? How could anyone believe anything she claims when she admits she can't remember squat because she is suffering from a non existent (CNLD) disease? She is such a poser/wannabe. LOL

• Love 9

Gosh I wish she would have shared more about what David said to her-just so I could applaud him.

Her comments about the RH I am sure are tempered for legal reasons.  I would agree with the RH who were ticked she missed filming opportunities.  The whole idea they were suppose to take time out and visit her sick bed was ridiculous.  They all seem to do it once (except Vanderpump) and that was  more than enough for me.

I doubt her timeline that she just made it through the wedding because she was so ill.  When we met her she was working out like a Marine Corps drill sergeant taking the stairs two at time and working out intensely.   Let's not forget her lemon cleanses.

I give David credit for sticking it out as long as he did.  I thought he might hang until Anwar graduated but the guy was obviously miserable.

I was curious how a 28 year old Yolanda was financially independent?  She worked.  She certainly wasn't hugely successful as a model. 

• Love 8
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:11 AM, biakbiak said:

I think Bella and Gigi are gorgeous, Anwar not so much. Maybe he should visit Bella`s surgeon.

ITA re B and G. Anwar's face is wider now, perhaps he's gaining adult size and weight. About a year ago his face was narrow like Bella's and he was pretty like the young Elvis. (Slides 4 and 7 above)

• Love 1
On July 28, 2017 at 4:17 PM, zoeysmom said:

Gosh I wish she would have shared more about what David said to her-just so I could applaud him.

Her comments about the RH I am sure are tempered for legal reasons.  I would agree with the RH who were ticked she missed filming opportunities.  The whole idea they were suppose to take time out and visit her sick bed was ridiculous.  They all seem to do it once (except Vanderpump) and that was  more than enough for me.

I doubt her timeline that she just made it through the wedding because she was so ill.  When we met her she was working out like a Marine Corps drill sergeant taking the stairs two at time and working out intensely.   Let's not forget her lemon cleanses.

I give David credit for sticking it out as long as he did.  I thought he might hang until Anwar graduated but the guy was obviously miserable.

I was curious how a 28 year old Yolanda was financially independent?  She worked.  She certainly wasn't hugely successful as a model. 

Haven't there been at least three different  dates of infection and diagnosis alike? I know Bella's timeline of supposed contraction has varied by almost two years at certain points. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

Haven't there been at least three different  dates of infection and diagnosis alike? I know Bella's timeline of supposed contraction has varied by almost two years at certain points. 

Yes, Yolanda's stories change as often as the direction of the winds! LOL

• Love 2
9 hours ago, lunastartron said:

My favorite still is the horsefly story.  Those damn flying lyme carriers.  Even my 6 year old knows to Google before claiming to be sick.

• Love 10
On 7/30/2017 at 4:43 AM, Kokapetl said:

I think David seems uncommunicative and self absorbed. 

I think that he is a total weirdo. 

However, Yolanda is a total hypochondriac, grifter/gold digger. 

As far as being financially independent prior to her marriages??

BULLSHIT. Point blank period.

She had no interest in designers clothes?

seriously?

Where did she get her endless supply of Hermes items? Walmart?

If I remember well, even her saddles and tacks came from them.

• Love 5