Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

May be just me but I don't think of modeling as art.  Certainly design is an artform.  I think of modeling these days as animated mannequins.   They are styled and dressed.

My guess is Mohammed wants his kids to be independent and maybe follow in his footsteps.  The art, the Olympic skiing are cherries on top of the sundaes.  Mohamed's art is uninspired on his website.  Now he is painting Mickey Mouse on Birkins.  He makes Brandi and Yolanda seem like rookies-the man loves Instagram.

That's just it.  One, Mohammed is as huge a famewhore as the Fosters.  He loves himself on some tv.  Two.  He and Yolanda are the ones that have sold us the whole lovely divorce and wonderful post-marriage dissolution friendship.  How much of that has been really true?  How much was put on for the cameras? How much does he merely go the path of least resistance to keep the mother of his children and the person cashing his checks quiet and as least intrusive in his life as possible?  Even as he enjoys being on the old tv even more than just being a cheek kisser on Shahs or Lisa Vanderpumps' house providing acolyte?

There was an agenda with Yolanda when she got this gig.  She had the whole raging inferno of eternal Fosters love plot going and we know that was false.  I wonder just how willing Mohammed was and is to go along so far? 

Also who says he is a good parent?  Or even person?  I'm not saying he is evil or anything but he did marry Yolanda.  He is an attention addict.  He might carry over into being just as superficial and shallow and have poor societal aspirations and values as his ex wife does.  Or he simply refuses to battle her on the kids since he fears he might lose.  After all, he is a beauty is a reward type person by the type of women he marries and dates.  Coupled with Yolanda and I suspect that these kids might have some real issues on appearance and only being of worth if one has fame fortune stemming from being voted the most pretty in class.

But I also see a lot of hidden venom possibly in that post of hers in regards to her son.  She has all three following in her footsteps.  She touts it as being a move towards independence.  Whose exactly and from what?  From the wealth that even successful Gigi still might tap into to pay her bills?  Does Gigi fly everywhere on her own dime?  And I see nothing wrong with that. If I had the means I would always make sure my child's life was a rich as possible in as many ways as I could.  I'm not saying support them entirely, but if I counted my millions by the tens or even hundreds there is no way I wouldn't keep my loved ones in the style I wanted.  Note I wanted, not necessarily what they might want.  There are lines!  But I simply think that none of these three are completely financially independent even if their paychecks could warrant a nicer lifestyle than most.  If it is true that one of the ways Gigi gained a huge step up the modeling ladder was to lower her rates incredibly so she would be a good "get", I'm guessing it was the money from Mom and Dad that made that possible.

But again.  I think that post could be a jab at Mohammed. And makes me wonder if there has not been an ongoing little struggle for who is the favorite parent.  Who the kids favor more.  Who has given the kids more -- she wins because she is giving them fame.  And a huge societal pat on the back that her kids are so so pretty.   It is not just reflected glory either.  Though there is that.  I think there is also something smaller and even more petty that speaks similar to how the OC Jeana thought her kids were genetically superior to others in terms of looks and athletic skill.  I think Yolanda having models as children gives her this mental edge that once again, she gains by putting other lesser (uglier) mortals down.  Her kids are pretty.  Yours, mine ours?  Are not.  She wins.

• Love 11

Mohammed didn't make his money in art.  He made it in real estate.  He is a businessman and as such, I would think that he would want his children to have a good education.  But.....Mohammed is also a famewhore so he may well be on board with the modeling as a pathway to Keeping Up With The Hadids'.  Add Yoland Hadid Foster into the mix and her obvious pursuit of attention, I think we may have a family with a very calculated plan that was conceived quite a while ago.

David Foster (and his family) was a perfect addition to the cast but in the end, he didn't want to play.  As much as Yo stroked his ego, I think he just didn't have the patience to deal with it anymore and figured he rather concentrate on his successful music career instead of being a bit player.   

• Love 7

I think she moves out and David sort of moved on.  I can see Yolanda saying that she just could not put him through anymore.

I can't see that at all.   Yolanda is very self-involved, and rarely has shown any empathy toward anyone else.   She's extremely hard to please, and it seems far more likely to me that he wasn't living up to her expectations.  She really does seem incapable of having any awareness regarding how much she puts people through.  Her neediness and her sense of entitlement are huge parts of who she is, and I think it would be completely out of character for her to show any level of compassion for anyone else.  It's all about her, always.

I wish she had decided that she could not put US through anymore.  That would be lovely!

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 15

I read your post and I'll be honest - Ithought, "Geez, even her signature is being criticized" and rolled my eyes. But then I looked at it. My apologies to you, stewed. It *is* a stupid looking signature.

I worked with a woman from Holland and they don't actually sign their name, they use a "mark" which can be any crazy doodle.  At least with Yo's you can kind of make out "Hadid" - which is odd since she is a "Foster"...strange she didn't include that in her signature.

Edited by Happycatisfine
  • Love 2

Zoeysmom, I have to disagree with you. I found much of his art (with a few exceptions) to be very inspired and inspiring, and I'm not much of a fan of modern art in any form. In fact, there was one geometric that I would gladly hang in my home if only it fit with my décor. Art is such a subjective thing, though, and what pleases one person would wind up in the trash of another person, so two people could easily disagree about the merit of it.

I really enjoyed seeing his gallery and reading about his life. Thanks, WireWrap, for the link!

Does anyone know in what city Washington and Lee High School is located? Where did Mohamed live (in the USA) when he was growing up? That would give me a clue.

I live in Arlington, VA and there's a Washington-Lee HS 3 blocks from my house. It's famous alumni include Sandra Bullock, Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine. Maybe one of Mo's parents had some type of government job that brought the family to DC? Of course, this may not be the same school at all...

ETA: I found the alumni list online. Mohamed A Hadid was a 1967 graduate of Washington-Lee HS in Arlington VA.

Edited by beaker73
  • Love 8

1989 profile of Mohamed

"A real estate deveoper based in Washington, Mohamed Hadid traces his roots to Daher al-Omar Alziadani, The Bedouin tribesman who used a scimitar to carve Palestine–however briefly–from the Ottoman Empire in the 18th century. Born in Nazareth during the 1948 cold war, Hadid grew up in Damascus and Beirut, where his father–a former literature professor–worked for Voice of America. “My father got a job because he was well educated,” he says. “The Palestine farmers didn’t know anything but farming. When they lost their land, they ended up in refugee camps.”

His father’s transfer to VOA headquarters brought the family to Washington, D.C., when Hadid was 14. After dropping out of a graduate program at MIT, he worked for a time as a draftsman, then on a whim took off for the Greek island of Rhodes. He opened a splashy nightclub that became one of Europe’s trendiest watering holes. In the oil-booming 1970s he plowed his profits into a company that exported construction equipment from the U.S. to Europe and the Middle East."

• Love 9

Mohamed is certainly ambitious.

In one of the later articles, Yolanda gets credited for the design of this monstrosity of a home theatre. Private boxes (in a private theatre, in a private home) surrounding a seating area 6m x 8.5m!

1588u8p.jpg

2v80lnb.jpg

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2

I beleive Yolanda has issues re her lack of formal education. She frequently comments on the fact that she is "not stupid" and that her modeling " saved" her family. Perhaps her encouraging the modeling is her way of validating her own choices.....see my kids could go to any school but they chose modeling....just like me. I also wonder if her Dutch upbringing has given her a scarity mentality (there's never enough money...more, more more) the Dutch suffered horribly during and after WWII ( some had to resort to eating grass) . I know Yo is too young but her mother is of that generation and may have , even uncounciously, passed that to Yo. Add in the instability of her father dying when she was young. I think money is more than just money to her. Or it could be an Occum's razor situation and she is just a fame whore lol.

• Love 11

Zoeysmom, I have to disagree with you.  I found much of his art (with a few exceptions) to be very inspired and inspiring, and I'm not much of a fan of modern art in any form.  In fact, there was one geometric that I would gladly hang in my home if only it fit with my décor.  Art is such a subjective thing, though, and what pleases one person would wind up in the trash of another person, so two people could easily disagree about the merit of it.

I really enjoyed seeing his gallery and reading about his life.  Thanks, WireWrap, for the link!

Does anyone know in what city Washington and Lee High School is located?  Where did Mohamed live (in the USA) when he was growing up?  That would give me a clue.

Arlington, Virginia. DC suburb. He made his first fortune in  commercial real estate development in northern Virginia and the DC metro area.

• Love 5

I beleive Yolanda has issues re her lack of formal education. She frequently comments on the fact that she is "not stupid" and that her modeling " saved" her family. Perhaps her encouraging the modeling is her way of validating her own choices.....see my kids could go to any school but they chose modeling....just like me. I also wonder if her Dutch upbringing has given her a scarity mentality (there's never enough money...more, more more) the Dutch suffered horribly during and after WWII ( some had to resort to eating grass) . I know Yo is too young but her mother is of that generation and may have , even uncounciously, passed that to Yo. Add in the instability of her father dying when she was young. I think money is more than just money to her. Or it could be an Occum's razor situation and she is just a fame whore lol.

Yolanda burns through the cash, I don't think she was ever deprived, if she was she wouldn't waste money on a fridge with no seal etc. Yolanda's "mommy" (not a Dutch word), is 74, so was probably born in 1941. Yolanda could have pursued further education in the Netherlands, back when she was 16 in 1980, but I honestly don't think she's intelligent enough.

She's definitely making excuses for herself not being university material when she talks about "saving" her family through modeling.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 8

Alas I am unable to decipher the riddle that is Yolanda. She lived on farm, except she didn't.  Discovered at 16 by Eileen Ford but mom how to give her $50.00 in her twenties to move into a shoebox apartment in NYC?  Was banging Julio Iglesias  in her early twenties back in Europe.  Went to work for some style house as a creative director, oops that no longer seems to be part of her resume because now she was a supermodel, with exactly zero magazine covers. 

I agree she does overcompensate for a lack of education by telling , well Ken, "I am a very intelligent woman."  I think one of the reasons she is easily convinced by junk science and charlatans is she is too stubborn to admit she has not researched the other side of their claims.  She keeps spiral bound copies of her medical records, charts and other aids to show the world just how much she has had to read and digest (except she only has 30 percent brain function) and calls those who don't agree with her ignorant. 

• Love 13

Perhaps Yo is trying to be anti Hollywood but she definetly makes remarks , and has back to season one, about her kids needing to earn money, as if there father wasn't filthy rich. She joked with Gigi that she will be rich and can't support her. Even her Instagram about Anwar commented that he would be self sufficient . I beleive that those remarks show an attitude of scarcity not the way she spends. Hey, I'm a social worker I'm always searching for the deeper meaning and sometimes there just isn't one.

• Love 10

First off thank you Zoeysmom for Yo pics. It is hard on an ipad to isolate quotes, etc. at least I haven't figured how to do it if possible.

I think that pic of Yo surrounded by white bedding is interesting. What exactly is she trying to relay? So many of her pics have this biblical sainthood feel to them. I've noticed that going way back. Interested if anyone with an art background has an opinion. I just find it fascinating.

• Love 3

Arlington, Virginia. DC suburb. He made his first fortune in  commercial real estate development in northern Virginia and the DC metro area.

My sister lives in Northern Virginia, (Springfield VA). There are no such things as "starter homes," it's full of high priced properties, even the little tiny homes,  I am sure Mohammad did very well.  Am I mistaken that he had a hand in developing Star Island in Florida that was shown on RH of Miami?

• Love 2

First off thank ayou Zoeysmom for Yo pics. It is hard on an ipad to isolate quotes, etc. at least I haven't figured how to do it if possible.

I think that pic of Yo surrounded by white bedding is interesting. What exactly is she trying to relay? So many of her pics have this biblical sainthood feel to them. I've noticed that going way back. Interested if anyone with an art background has an opinion. I just find it fascinating.

I can't figure out Yo's pose there either. That bare shoulder and her kind of winsome expression give the shot almost an aging/ill pin-up girl look.

Odd.

• Love 4

Perhaps Yo is trying to be anti Hollywood but she definetly makes remarks , and has back to season one, about her kids needing to earn money, as if there father wasn't filthy rich. She joked with Gigi that she will be rich and can't support her. Even her Instagram about Anwar commented that he would be self sufficient . I beleive that those remarks show an attitude of scarcity not the way she spends. Hey, I'm a social worker I'm always searching for the deeper meaning and sometimes there just isn't one.

From seeing her mother's modest home and the homes she grew up in I think it is important to Yolanda her children buy a home out the gate.  So I can definitely see where scarcity has had an effect on her life.  I also think it is interesting that Yolanda leads me to believe she is a single parent and the sole support of her children.  Granted up until she married David, she was getting about half million a year to help but it always seems as if Mohamed doesn't contribute.

Yolanda certainly came from somewhere when her first season she complained of not having the means to provide her daughter a second horse and it impacted her daughter's riding success.  There is something in her life that left her wanting more.  She claimed the children preferred her 12, 000 square foot home to Mohamed's 50,000 square foot home.  So she has issues.  Of course now it is poor little Bella has Lyme Disease and a compromised immune system from breast feeding so she had to give up riding.  Now she had sold the 12,000 square foot home and living in 4,000 square feet because it is manageable and allows her navigate.

• Love 6

Yolanda is like a socialite grifter or something. She has enough beauty and charm to hook these rich men, but, there's something not very sincere about her. She throws all these elaborate stories out there to see which one will gain her the most attention. I'm afraid I'm not explaining my point very well, but, she seems to always be scheming. It's gotten her wealth and attention but nothing is ever enough for her.

• Love 16

What exactly is the point of Yolanda on this show? I just don't get it.

She would be on my ballot for the worst Housewive of All Time who had more than one season. She is just as waste of space.

The scences where she professes her love for her "King" are so physically painful I want to call my medical coach for an IV or something.

• Love 9

I think it's obvious why she was cast.  Beautiful home, pretty famous husband, gorgeous children willing to be on camera, fabulous clothes, lots of travel, and a stunning woman. 

Why is she on anymore? 

The divorce, Yo facing a downgrade, which these shows LOVE,  and the now famous daughter.  Gigi's everywhere, every magazine I pick up, or any gossip show I accidentally catch?  She's there.

ETA (also the connection with Lisa through her ex husband.)

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

Sometimes, I think there are two Yolandas.  There is the strong model Yolanda, who is capable of landing a rich man like Mohamed, who can steer her children away from their chosen pursuits and into the future that she sees for them.  She can land David Foster, then divorce him because he won't play her grade school game of "Let's Pretend We're In Love."  Yolanda can get herself onto a hit TV show and use her presence entirely for her own designs.  The list goes on and on and on.

On the other hand, Yolanda is the lonely, ignored wife whose husband is too busy with his career to focus on hers.  She has to drink a cleanse every week to ward something out of her system.   She is a poor little Dutch girl who grew up on a farm, whose father died when she was young.  She has something wrong with her, which causes her to comb the earth in search of a cure, and her husband is a brute for not going along on each trip.  She's sad, pathetic, and happy to show you how sad and pathetic she looks in thousands of pictures. 

There really is a third Yolanda  -- the vain ex-model.  She certainly sees herself as the beautiful mother of three beautiful children, and all of them can become more beautiful through surgery.  Even at her age, she is delighted to be wanted.  She has cameras, videocams and even studio cams trained on her to show the world how lovely she still is -- AND as a gentle reminder to her children that Mommy's still got "it."  She is still the queen of the family models and proudly signs her name with only the HADID readable.

Yolanda is a goldmine of contradictions, but which one is the real Yolanda?  It's too easy to say that they're all facets of the same personality because we've witnessed her strategizing.  Parts of her aren't real.  Some are lies.  I don't think she's schizophrenic, merely scheming, but I'd love to separate the schemes and find the core. 

Will the real Yolanda please step forward?

Edited by Lura
  • Love 14

Sometimes, I think there are two Yolandas.  There is the strong model Yolanda, who is capable of landing a rich man like Mohamed, who can steer her children away from their chosen pursuits and into the future that she sees for them.  She can land David Foster, then divorce him because he won't play her grade school game of "Let's Pretend We're In Love."  Yolanda can get herself onto a hit TV show and use her presence entirely for her own designs.  The list goes on and on and on.

On the other hand, Yolanda is the lonely, ignored wife whose husband is too busy with his career to focus on hers.  She has to drink a cleanse every week to ward something out of her system.   She is a poor little Dutch girl who grew up on a farm, whose father died when she was young.  She has something wrong with her, which causes her to comb the earth in search of a cure, and her husband is a brute for not going along on each trip.  She's sad, pathetic, and happy to show you how sad and pathetic she looks in thousands of pictures. 

There really is a third Yolanda  -- the vain ex-model.  She certainly sees herself as the beautiful mother or three beautiful children, and all of them can become more beautiful through surgery.  Even at her age, she is delighted to be wanted.  She has cameras, videocams and even studio cams trained on her to show the world how lovely she still is -- AND as a gentle reminder to her children that Mommy's still got "it."  She is still the queen of the family models and proudly signs her name with only the HADID readable.

Yolanda is a goldmine of contradictions, but which one is the real Yolanda?  It's too easy to say that they're all facets of the same personality because we've witnessed her strategizing.  Parts of her aren't real.  Some are lies.  I don't think she's schizophrenic, merely scheming, but I'd love to separate the schemes and find the core. 

Thank you for this post. I think it is what I have been thinking but unable to articulate.  You are all kinds of awesome for this.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 1

I think it's obvious why she was cast.  Beautiful home, pretty famous husband, gorgeous children willing to be on camera, fabulous clothes, lots of travel, and a stunning woman. 

Why is she on anymore? 

The divorce, Yo facing a downgrade, which these shows LOVE,  and the now famous daughter.  Gigi's everywhere, every magazine I pick up, or any gossip show I accidentally catch?  She's there.

ETA (also the connection with Lisa through her ex husband.)

But we are not seeing any of this. We are just seeing Sick Yolanda. What a letdown.

• Love 3

What exactly is the point of Yolanda on this show? I just don't get it.

She would be on my ballot for the worst Housewive of All Time who had more than one season. She is just as waste of space.

The scences where she professes her love for her "King" are so physically painful I want to call my medical coach for an IV or something.

Yep.  I think it is time for Yolanda to realize the dream and get her own show with her three beautiful model children.  it will be the anti-kardashian show, with the whole family sitting around gushing over mama (and a sick mama at that) and the amazing G-rated relationships of Gigi and the PG Rated relationships of Bella.  For the naughty factor the girls will consume an entire sandwich, and not follow it with a two week cleanse.  It will be on the No one is Watching Network.

Oh and I don't think she looks beautiful without make-up.  Time  to suck it up and be a television star.

• Love 9

A show based on David, Mohamed and their kids would be far more interesting. The Foster girls are very photogenic, they want fame, Mohamed is interesting, David is kinda interesting. They both know lots of rich and famous people. Leave LymeSiliconeTism syndrome Yo out of it.

• Love 4

A show based on David, Mohamed and their kids would be far more interesting. The Foster girls are very photogenic, they want fame, Mohamed is interesting, David is kinda interesting. They both know lots of rich and famous people. Leave LymeSiliconeTism syndrome Yo out of it.

Shoot me now.

• Love 9

Yolanda is like a socialite grifter or something. She has enough beauty and charm to hook these rich men, but, there's something not very sincere about her. She throws all these elaborate stories out there to see which one will gain her the most attention. I'm afraid I'm not explaining my point very well, but, she seems to always be scheming. It's gotten her wealth and attention but nothing is ever enough for her.

THIS⬆ is IT, exactly!

A right and proper depiction of an aspect of 'HoYo'.

• Love 5

Sometimes, I think there are two Yolandas. There is the strong model Yolanda, who is capable of landing a rich man like Mohamed, who can steer her children away from their chosen pursuits and into the future that she sees for them. She can land David Foster, then divorce him because he won't play her grade school game of "Let's Pretend We're In Love." Yolanda can get herself onto a hit TV show and use her presence entirely for her own designs. The list goes on and on and on.

On the other hand, Yolanda is the lonely, ignored wife whose husband is too busy with his career to focus on hers. She has to drink a cleanse every week to ward something out of her system. She is a poor little Dutch girl who grew up on a farm, whose father died when she was young. She has something wrong with her, which causes her to comb the earth in search of a cure, and her husband is a brute for not going along on each trip. She's sad, pathetic, and happy to show you how sad and pathetic she looks in thousands of pictures.

There really is a third Yolanda -- the vain ex-model. She certainly sees herself as the beautiful mother or three beautiful children, and all of them can become more beautiful through surgery. Even at her age, she is delighted to be wanted. She has cameras, videocams and even studio cams trained on her to show the world how lovely she still is -- AND as a gentle reminder to her children that Mommy's still got "it." She is still the queen of the family models and proudly signs her name with only the HADID readable.

Yolanda is a goldmine of contradictions, but which one is the real Yolanda? It's too easy to say that they're all facets of the same personality because we've witnessed her strategizing. Parts of her aren't real. Some are lies. I don't think she's schizophrenic, merely scheming, but I'd love to separate the schemes and find the core.

Ooh, Lura! Super! Write on, write on!

• Love 2

One thing about Yo that has always confused me is when she cries money problems. Like most of what she does and says, it does not compute. For example, the lack of funding for Bella's horse. I find it hard to believe that Mohammed would not pony up (ha, ha, play on words) for Bella if she was serious about pursuing the Olympics. I think this is why I am somewhat intrigued by Yo because she always seems to have some hidden agenda and I want to figure it out.

Maybe it is nothing more than a money grab but my God, the subterfuge involved is at times really over the top.

• Love 6

1) In spite of living in a culture of education (You don't want to hear about the rampant and excessive PhDness running through my family) if my kid sought my advice I'd say, "if you want to model, go for it!" (There's always time to get educated when the skin is less dewy and marketable)

2) I've never quite understood the idea that Yolanda went on this show to promote her kids. I thought she mentioned GiGi doing big stuff as soon as she joined the show. Also, would there be much overlap between consumers of this TV show and consumers of the modeling stuff the kids do?

Thanks for reading.

• Love 6
For example, the lack of funding for Bella's horse. I find it hard to believe that Mohammed would not pony up (ha, ha, play on words) for Bella....

Right you are, FanoftheFans!  When Bella begged for that horse, all Yo would say was "Nay, neigh!"

(When I look back on Yo's refusal, I think now that refusing the horse was Yolanda's calculated way of forcing Bella into becoming a model.)

Edited by Lura
  • Love 6

I think u are on to something. I've always liked Yolanda nevertheless i pegged her from day one as a socialite grifter who would "never go hungry again". I think yo knew the marriage was doomed from day which was why she did her best to sell us on the "romantic lifestyle" that Davud wanted no part of. Yo knew that bc of David's past history, social ackwardness, and his rebel ways he wouldnt stick to the "script" while on tape. I have no doubt that she will use this as "evidence" in her favor as a means to prove how much "my love" was dismissive and cold he was to her once they yelled cut. Dont forget due to six degrees of separation she is taking a page of the Kartrashians book by forcing her kids hand to fund her lifestyle ( the way she treats her mom is like Kris and MJ). I think that its very telling that we have had very few scenes of Yolanda hustling on the job as an interior decorator.Which begs the question-could it be that Lisar saw right through Yolo from day one? I have a hunch shes on the prowl for someone with good dental and health insurance to sponsor her medical whims.

• Love 7

I think there's only one Yolanda and she's a shrewd, calculating, arguably-evil genius who's structured her life to make sure she's financially well-off and out of Holland.  I like that Yolanda (or when I think of her in that way) because she has agency and intelligence, and she essentially pulled it off.  I think she slipped up by going on a reality show and trying to be likable in a more general way, because as smart as she is she can't quite figure out that piece of it (do viewers want the doting wife? the mom tearfully dropping a kid off at college? the perpetually, mysteriously ill?).  She did manage to wrest Vanderpump's pawn away, not sure it helped her all that much.

I don't feel like she used the show to push her kids in any meaningful way.  I think it was kind of the opposite and they pop on to humanize her, to help sell her.  I believe she'd do whatever it takes to make them successful and financially secure, I just think it's all off camera.

I'm sure we'll find out the truth of it all one day.  She has to write a book, or at least make some money (or, um, help others) through public speaking.  And one of her kids probably has a tell-all in them.

• Love 1

I'm not sure I would watch such a show, but I agree that it would be far more interesting.  Especially the David and Mohammed parts. 

Yolanda, even early on, even with the house and the vacations and the lemons and the parties, was always very uninteresting to me.  All she ever did was judge the other housewives and praise herself.  Boring.  And she's gone from that to mind-numbingly boring.

• Love 12

I'm not sure I would watch such a show, but I agree that it would be far more interesting.  Especially the David and Mohammed parts. 

Yolanda, even early on, even with the house and the vacations and the lemons and the parties, was always very uninteresting to me.  All she ever did was judge the other housewives and praise herself.  Boring.  And she's gone from that to mind-numbingly boring.

David and Mohamed as a couple has infinite possibilities.  The kids are photogenic but uninteresting as well.  That is why they are models. 

Yolanda is still doing the same-judging the others and praising herself.   I don't care how many body parts she has removed she will never be interesting. 

• Love 5

One thing about Yo that has always confused me is when she cries money problems. Like most of what she does and says, it does not compute. For example, the lack of funding for Bella's horse. I find it hard to believe that Mohammed would not pony up (ha, ha, play on words) for Bella if she was serious about pursuing the Olympics. I think this is why I am somewhat intrigued by Yo because she always seems to have some hidden agenda and I want to figure it out.

Maybe it is nothing more than a money grab but my God, the subterfuge involved is at times really over the top.

I wrote the lack of funds for a second horse off as an excuse for why Bella wasn't pursuing the Olympics. If she needed the funds I believe her dad would assist Bella in her endeavours.

• Love 8

Bolding mine

1) In spite of living in a culture of education (You don't want to hear about the rampant and excessive PhDness running through my family) if my kid sought my advice I'd say, "if you want to model, go for it!" (There's always time to get educated when the skin is less dewy and marketable)

2) I've never quite understood the idea that Yolanda went on this show to promote her kids. I thought she mentioned GiGi doing big stuff as soon as she joined the show. Also, would there be much overlap between consumers of this TV show and consumers of the modeling stuff the kids do?

Thanks for reading.

And I would agree with this more easily if I thought that YoYo's kids made those decisions themselves. But it appears to me that all 3 kids were interested in education and/or other pursuits and YoYo derailed those plans in order to see her dreams realized. Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 9

This is the descriptor for the episode next week (1/26):

"Lisa Vanderpump visits a sex shop while looking for space for a new restaurant; Eileen flies to Italy to spread her sister's ashes; during a barbecue party, Kyle and Lisa Vanderpump question Yolanda's claim that her children have Lyme disease."

For me, this is the only part of Yo's real/fake illness journey that interests me any longer. I want to hear more about the kids. Want to bet that Lisa and Kyle are questioning the diagnosis because it turns out Mohamed had no clue? 

• Love 10

This is the descriptor for the episode next week (1/26):

"Lisa Vanderpump visits a sex shop while looking for space for a new restaurant; Eileen flies to Italy to spread her sister's ashes; during a barbecue party, Kyle and Lisa Vanderpump question Yolanda's claim that her children have Lyme disease."

For me, this is the only part of Yo's real/fake illness journey that interests me any longer. I want to hear more about the kids. Want to bet that Lisa and Kyle are questioning the diagnosis because it turns out Mohamed had no clue? 

Valid reason to do so.  Also I don't think Yolanda has any business medicating her minor child or treating him as if there is something wrong if there is not.  The ridiculous diets, the herbs supplements, injections.  I don't think there are prophylactic Lyme Disease potions. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

I got an answer back from my friend who is about to get her PhD in neuro.  (about what kind of scan Yo posted on Facebookarrow-10x10.png )

1478977_456143964487280_1842209358_n.jpg

I'll edit (redact) this a bit to protectarrow-10x10.png her privacy, so if it's disjointed at all, that's why, my edits, not her writing.  This is the same person that has doctors who think SHE may have Lyme, a diagnosis that never occurred to her.  They've ruled most other things out.  All very respected MDs at a very respected hospital by the way, she's not the "alternative" type AT ALL.  She was tested for just about everything else, this has been going on for over a year.  Rather recently one of the specialists suggested Lyme.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/news_and_events/news_articles/DTI_as_mTBI_biomarker.htm

Also this seems a bit relevant:

I haven't finished reading all the posts but as I came upon this one I had to reply. That is not a diffusion weighted MRI and there is NO imaging pathognomonic for lyme disease. The imaging is MPRAGE:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2650249/

I do not believe Yolanda.

• Love 8

When Davis Bowie died it was like someone punched me in the stomach....I've loved him for 30 years and it was so unexpected. I wanted to call Iman and say " I wish you guys would have would have told me David was sick so I could have prepared myself a bit, this is just so shocking and unexpected. I'm not going to lie I'm a little pissed at you right now". But I didn't because she had just lost her husband and it wasn't the time ....and also I don't know them or have Iman's phone number. (Hey if Sonja can party with PDiddy on her yacht , I can call Iman). But looking at Yo's lastest selfie I'm so glad he handled it with dignity and it wasn't on display to the masses. Yo looks desperate not to mention ridiculous. Does she not have anyone who can honestly tell her to knock it off? Her Instagram is filled with comments calling her out but we all know she can't read and has no brain function left so.... I'm sure even the LD advocates wishes she would shut her pie hole. She is single handedly spreading disinformation and detracting from the cause.

• Love 20

I got an answer back from my friend who is about to get her PhD in neuro.  (about what kind of scan Yo posted on Facebook )

1478977_456143964487280_1842209358_n.jpg

I think the answer is very clear from the image.  In line with the tip of the patient's nasal in the center of the image is an aqua/teal coloured little screw.  Obviously the patient is suffering from a loose screw that has worked its way out of its lodging.  For years medical practitioners have been unable to commit to the "patient has a loose screw" theory.  Sometimes settling for bonkers, bananas, nuts.  Yolanda being the medical trailblazer that she is has offered up evidence of the loose screw theory.

In addition to my vast knowledge of medical terms, I thought I would weigh in on the artistic value of the scan.  Good use of color, excellent contrast.  Maybe the title should be "Rainbow Resting on an Ass' Jawbone inside a Dutch Girl's Brain".  The arc of linear multi-color is apparent at the top of piece.  The lower portion in the vivid green appears to be an skull of an ass.  This work has been superimposed in the cranial outline of a grown Dutch Girl. 

• Love 17

Lura, I loved your post.  There're probably more than 3 Yolandas.  Every person on this earth is multi-dimensional. There are very few that are all good or all bad.  The ones that are, are scarce. (And probably a figment of their, or our, imaginations.)  I personally don't believe one exists.

For me, Yolanda is not one of those rarified birds to not have any good human qualities. She's just not that extraordinary.

• Love 2