Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

I can't say that I was "impressed" by YoYo's glass-fronted fridge, rather that I was both intrigued and repelled by such conspicuous consumption. Similar to watching her walk through her lemon grove for a small basket of lemons to be used for decoration. To me it has a car wreck aspect to it and I can't look away. And want to see more.

I believe it was early last season or late the season before. She gave him the book at the nightie chicken dinner she made him, it was a blip on 1 episode and David showed very little, if any, interest in either her OR the picture book! LOL

That's when she gave him the book? I saw that episode and it was so incredibly uncomfortable that I somehow missed naked Yo! That tacky lingerie, the little two-top table, makes me uncomfortable to even think about it.

• Love 4

On The Naked Book - I don't think it was as much a case of David not being interested but more a case of David being embarrassed by it.  Maybe I'm an optimist but I do think that David and Yo were at least somewhat in love when they got married.  Yo's obsession and convolution of her Lyme Disease changed that.  I don't blame David (and I never really liked him) for wanting out of the marriage.  Yo needs professional help - in dealing with her Lyme in a sensible, medically sound, logical way and physiological help to deal with how she's dealing with what's really going on with her.  She has serious issues.

As for the 'display' refrigerator.... it was a piece of furniture in her kitchen.  Fun?  Yes.  Heck, if you can afford to have someone take care of it and it makes you happy?  Why not.  I guess she was trying to be 'clever' with the post of her new refrigerator.  Kudo's to the woman who claims to have no brain function but yet has the ability to post a pix.  :)  Also, for a person who lives alone, she's got a lot in that refridge.  Guess she's not doing lemon cleanses anymore since she sold the lemon farm.  Maybe Anwar drops by once in a while and that's why the mustard and ketchup are there.

Speaking of Anwar, as a parent I wonder about him.  It seemed like he was going to high school in Malibu like his sisters.  Did he transfer?  That would be really tough in high school.  Is he living with his father full time?  I do really feel bad for him because it seems his life got uprooted in all this.  I wonder if he'll go on to modeling too.  It probably would make Yo very happy.  God, Yo is just so 'f' uped IMO. 

• Love 6

Poor Anwar.  Anyone who thinks that Mohammed would be a good influence on him should look up Mohammed on Google and read about the monstrosity he's building despite a court order to cease.  The man thinks the world was invented solely for his pleasure.  Does Anwar's mama not want him, or what?

• Love 1

Where did you all see the gifting of naked book? I have looked on the Bravo site and can not find it. I need some second hand

embarrassment.

Yo's obsession and convolution of her Lyme Disease changed that.  I don't blame David (and I never really liked him) for wanting out of the marriage.

How convenient for David that YoFo became obsessed with her disease. I actually wonder what excuse it would have been for their divorce if she didn't have LD?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

Wait, wasn't it Yolanda who actually filed for divorce?

Have they filed?  My guess is they will file when they have a marital termination agreement executed.  That is what many rich and famous do.  Although Yolanda has proven herself to be litigious in the past and bucked a pre-nup.

• Love 1

Oh, I don't know. It's a "Sub-Z". (I have one) Not your average fridge. They're built in and also blend in with the kitchen cabinetry.

It'll set one back at approx 10k. (depending on the size, stainless or custom cabinetry exterior)

But I was never impressed with the strange (I thought) glass fridge. So impractical. Who wants to see the contents of my fridge that's made of glass?...very strange. and yes, posting a pick of your new fridge and its contents is bizarre to me too.

I loved Yo's kitchen, but the glass fridge never impressed me either, mainly because most restaurants have one for easy to grab items. It didn't impress me when I was a teenage dishwasher, and it didn't impress me in Yo's Malibu home. But the rest of that house? Especially the dining area when the doors were opened so you could eat with that stunning view in the background? To die for.

Yolanda loses her partner in crime.  Yolanda is saying since the day they married she was sick.  Lots of BS.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/episode-4/videos/david-has-lost-his-partner-in-crime

Wow I can't believe she's claiming that! Her first season she was shown with her trainer and talked about how she likes intense workouts because she has to keep up with her husband who she intends to be with for the rest of her life. And her workout really did look intense!

• Love 4

Reportedly yes.  But I assumed that technicality was some sort of agreement between YoFo and MyLove so that 1) he didn't look like a piece of garbage for divorcing a sick wife and 2) YoFo could save face, such as it is.  

• Love 1

He also needn't acknowledge her chronic illness. He could simply express remorse for the deteriorated marriage.

The thing I find confusing is if they had such a loving marriage and respect and trust each other so much, why are they divorcing?  I think it was kind of David to address the rumors. I also think he is savvy enough to have known stepping back on the RHOBH platform and making her life all about her illness might draw some unkind words and speculation.  I wish for Yolanda's sake they could make it work. 

• Love 2

I would expect nothing else from David when discussing his divorce on SM.  His words are trite  No criticism intended; it is what you say when you are a celebrity. 

He left because she is a basket case!  

I have come to believe that Yolanda does not have Lyme Disease.  I think she was diagnosed by an alternative health person, perhaps and going on the assumption they are correct.   pfffffffffft to all of it.  

I will no longer preface my posts with "we know she has Lymes disease but."   

The link above (tmz) tells me she thinks it is time for her to have a healing miracle!  It may be fun to watch this unfold.  ***rubs hands in glee with sinister grin***

I am a terrible person.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8

That hasn't been determined, I don't think. If there are legal docs, I haven't seen them. Have they been posted here? I may have missed it. Regardless of who actually filed divorce docs, I don't think David would have stayed in this marriage forever. I also feel, as someone else pointed out, that YoFo may have given David a hard time for not being there for her. She demanded he care for her or else. He chose to let her go.

• Love 3

Yes, and I also think it was a way to make it look to us as though their marriage was spicy and that he was hot for her. It's no coincidence that she presented it to him on camera. It seems to me it kind of backfired, though, since he looked surprised and not in a good way. And not exactly thrilled. Not to mention there was zero chemistry between them pretty much always. I think she worked overtime trying to convince America that she and her King were crazy in love.

Maybe she should be paying more attention to her actual life rather than the image she's constantly trying to project about it.

Agree with all of this.

The dentist appointment was a really phony moment. David drops by for two seconds and kisses her on the mouth.

If my husband was getting dental work done (or if I was), and he wanted a kiss mid-procedure, I would be like, "Eeew gross get away from me."

• Love 11

Interesting old video (2008) showing how Michael Buble and David Foster/Amy Foster lives are intertwined

Buble's career didn't really take off until he met Foster. Buble was singing at the wedding of the daughter of a former Prime Minister in 2000 where David was a guest, which is where they met. He later produced an album of Buble's which launched his career. The same is true for Josh Groban. Odd that Foster has co written several of my favourite songs. I have been listening to Groban's xmas CD (it is one of my favs from 2007 and was produced by Foster) and David co wrote one of the songs I love best called Thankful.

• Love 3

Agree with all of this.

The dentist appointment was a really phony moment. David drops by for two seconds and kisses her on the mouth.

If my husband was getting dental work done (or if I was), and he wanted a kiss mid-procedure, I would be like, "Eeew gross get away from me."

Yes, that would be far more realistic!!

David looked as though he was waiting for his cue to walk into the room, and then - as usual - there was no chemistry or any kind of connection between them.  Just a very contrived and awkward cameo appearance that served no purpose at all.  It's pathetic, really, how this woman is all about smoke & mirrors.  I think there's nothing at all real about her.  

• Love 7

Interesting, Bravo aired the Amsterdam episodes today before the new episode where Yolanda's inconsistencies were discussed. I had forgotten about her intro which had a clip of when she went horseback riding with Kim earlier that season. Also, scavenger hunt running, bicycles, and walking all over Amsterdam.

For reference, that trip was filmed the first week of October 2014, reunion in Feb 2015 and this season June 2015.

• Love 10

Interesting, Bravo aired the Amsterdam episodes today before the new episode where Yolanda's inconsistencies were discussed. I had forgotten about her intro which had a clip of when she went horseback riding with Kim earlier that season. Also, scavenger hunt running, bicycles, and walking all over Amsterdam.

For reference, that trip was filmed the first week of October 2014, reunion in Feb 2015 and this season June 2015.

Thanks for the dates.

Where in all of this did she spend 18 months bedridden?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

After reading Yolanda's blog she absolutely cements my contention she is an entitled, judgmental twit (which should be spelled with an 'a') who has to have a reality check now that she is well.  I cannot believe she has decided to call out every other RH and claim instead of just putting money in their pockets she is so far above them by bringing awareness.  I don't watch Bravo to have a weekly look at the ravages of someone's list of diseases.  To attack others for texting instead of coming by and waiting on her pampered ass is just another example of this woman's hubris and judgmental self.  When Yolanda's kid got arrested and affected the Umansky vacation it was all about her and I believe at the time she said she could not trust Kyle with what happened as they weren't that close.  (The fact it was widely reported before Yolanda ever landed in the US and she later claimed she told Kyle about it when bringing up the lack of genuineness in BH are mere sidebars to this woman's arrogance.) 

She listed a long list of maladies and yet another pile o' lies to demean the other women.  First off it was Lisar who talked of Munchausen and true Yolanda form, made it about her, Lisar and it was difficult for her to answer questions about Yolanda's health.  Not Kyle not LisaV and not Eileen.  We as the viewing public are not begging for a day n the life of Yolanda and her various remedies, potions or self appointed health care advocates.  Maybe if Ms. Genuine Article talked about relatable topics such as the fact she and David were calling it quits instead the quality of stem cell treatments in Korea she would have some visitors. Maybe if she simply stated her days and energy have been reduced-not this nonsense of being bedridden for a year, foregoing cosmetics this past year and oh yes -nice highlight job on the hair Yolanda, who has sworn off hair color and of course not driving for three years.  Maybe if some interested viewer writes a question for the Reunion why Yolanda is allowed to lie repeatedly and overstate her case and the intent of the others.  Of course the woman who is desperate for a RHOBH will schlepp out to Malibu to see you but not three times a week, of course Yolanda was living in David's condo for much of the filming or was she?  Maybe it was the fact her Malibu home had been rented and was in escrow (a guess is she was allowed some filming rights).  How about a little genuineness from this woman.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 23

This quote from Yolanda's blog tells me that she has just recently found these doctors.  The treatment she was receiving when this season was taped may not be what is happening now.  

After years of aimlessly searching for the right care and a cure, my case is finally in the capable hands of who I believe to be the two greatest Lyme literate doctors in the world: Dr. Richard Horowitz and Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt.

She may talk about what her treatment consists of now when she gets wind of the buzz that all of her supplements are causing.

Her "assistant" is probably one of a team of alternative health "professionals"  and may not be doling out pills today.  

No MD would prescribe frequent colonics.  

• Love 5

This quote from Yolanda's blog tells me that she has just recently found these doctors.  The treatment she was receiving when this season was taped may not be what is happening now.  

She may talk about what her treatment consists of now when she gets wind of the buzz that all of her supplements are causing.

Her "assistant" is probably one of a team of alternative health "professionals"  and may not be doling out pills today.  

No MD would prescribe frequent colonics.  

Dietrich might:  http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/Protocols/Klinghardt-Biological-treatment-of-Lyme-disease.html

• Love 1

After reading Yolanda's blog she absolutely cements my contention she is an entitled, judgmental twit (which should be spelled with an 'a') who has to have a reality check now that she is well.  I cannot believe she has decided to call out every other RH and claim instead of just putting money in their pockets she is so far above them by bringing awareness.  I don't watch Bravo to have a weekly look at the ravages of someone's list of diseases.  To attack others for texting instead of coming by and waiting on her pampered ass is just another example of this woman's hubris and judgmental self.  When Yolanda's kid got arrested and affected the Umansky vacation it was all about her and I believe at the time she said she could not trust Kyle with what happened as they weren't that close.  (The fact it was widely reported before Yolanda ever landed in the US and she later claimed she told Kyle about it when bringing up the lack of genuineness in BH are mere sidebars to this woman's arrogance.) 

She listed a long list of maladies and yet another pile o' lies to demean the other women.  First off it was Lisar who talked of Munchausen and true Yolanda form, made it about her, Lisar and it was difficult for her to answer questions about Yolanda's health.  Not Kyle not LisaV and not Eileen.  We as the viewing public are not begging for a day n the life of Yolanda and her various remedies, potions or self appointed health care advocates.  Maybe if Ms. Genuine Article talked about relatable topics such as the fact she and David were calling it quits instead the quality of stem cell treatments in Korea she would have some visitors. Maybe if she simply stated her days and energy have been reduced-not this nonsense of being bedridden for a year, foregoing cosmetics this past year and oh yes -nice highlight job on the hair Yolanda, who has sworn off hair color and of course not driving for three years.  Maybe if some interested viewer writes a question for the Reunion why Yolanda is allowed to lie repeatedly and overstate her case and the intent of the others.  Of course the woman who is desperate for a RHOBH will schlepp out to Malibu to see you but not three times a week, of course Yolanda was living in David's condo for much of the filming or was she?  Maybe it was the fact her Malibu home had been rented and was in escrow (a guess is she was allowed some filming rights).  How about a little genuineness from this woman.

Yes! 

• Love 7

YoFo mentions the two doctors she has "finally found". What about the doctor who actually diagnosed her with LD? What about the doctor(s) who have treated her since her diagnosis?

I didn't research the two doctors, so I don't know their backgrounds, but I wonder if she means 2 that will listen to her kooky ideas, or support her weird cure quest. 

What I don't understand is doesn't Yolanda know that mixing treatments can negate them? We've heard about antihistamines blocking birth control pills and how even mixing grapefruit with some medicine can at least render them ineffective, at worse can cause serious problems (kidney failure, liver problems, etc). 

I think she is making herself more ill than if she just followed a normal steady course. I don't think she has Munchausen. I think she just has a case of too much money to burn on treatments, and too few real professionals on her payroll. 

I hope she gets better soon. 

• Love 2

I finally got a chance today to watch this week's episode and one thing struck me--everything Yo says is about her. How she's feeling, how Erika has been supportive of her, how other friends are not supportive of her, how she can do this, how she can't do that. She never, ever talks about anything or anybody else. Even when it comes to Gigi, Bella and Anwar, it's about how they are affected by her and her illness. I was exhausted listening to that for 15-20 minutes in one episode, I can't imagine how exhausting it is to be around Yo 24/7.

• Love 20

I didn't research the two doctors, so I don't know their backgrounds, but I wonder if she means 2 that will listen to her kooky ideas, or support her weird cure quest. 

That was precisely what I was thinking when I posted my comment. YoFo has finally revealed the names of two doctors. Two doctors she has recently found. In other words, two doctors who are telling her what she wants to hear and who seem to be agreeing with one another.

What I don't understand is doesn't Yolanda know that mixing treatments can negate them? We've heard about antihistamines blocking birth control pills and how even mixing grapefruit with some medicine can at least render them ineffective, at worse can cause serious problems (kidney failure, liver problems, etc).

I have mentioned this myself. I was told years ago not to ingest calcium tablets with any other medication or vitamins. I know there are other types of meds and vitamins that you shouldn't take in conjunction with other meds or vitamins. That is why I have to give a side-eye to her health advisor. and anyone else who is monitoring YoFo's intake of pills, assuming there is anyone else other than her health advisor. I'd hate to think YoFo is listening to this lady who may be telling her not to pay attention to what the doctors are telling her about the ingestion of the hundreds of pills she is taking for various reasons. If that is the case, it is similar to watching an addict. Same behavior, different addiction.

Hypochondriac seems to be the better label for YoFo.

It is sad when anyone identifies themselves as The Disease. She can't seem to focus on ANYTHING else. Shit for me, it's the very last thing I want to talk about or wallow in.   

Agree. I had to step away from a good friend who was just wallowing in self-pity due to her anxiety and depression. Every single phone call was about her, her problems, her anxiety, and when I was able to get her off the topic of HER and talk about something else, she'd somehow find a way to bring it back to her. I couldn't deal with it anymore. I had to slowly remove myself from talking with her or else I would go nuts.

• Love 6

This morning I saw "my love" or is it "my ex love" David Foster on some Christmas parade/concert at Disney World.  He was onstage with some artists (Reba, some young chick - never heard of her before, Seal, probably some others - the channel got changed and I didn't have control of the remote).  Anyhow, he was playing piano.  He just came across as such a smug asshole.  They would pan the camera to him every so often, but nothing that listed his name on the screen.  Maybe they introduced him before we tuned into the show.  

I didn't get why he was there, just playing piano.  He's got to be in demand as a producer or arranger - he didn't need some Christmas day (pre recorded) special to promote himself, surely?  Unless he's now working with one of these artists now.  The thought did run through my head as the young attractive singer (Tori someone?) was singing - is he her new "my love"?

• Love 2

Oh my God!!! That letter is absurd and the author should be embarrassed. I personally suffer with the effects of Lyme everyday, but, to compare it to AIDS and HIV?? Yolanda had to have at least dictated that letter. To compare her plight to that of Pedro Zamora?? Are you f'ing kidding me?

• Love 14

Cough, cough *bullshit* cough cough. I wonder what Yolanda will credit her recovery to?

Well.......apparently she is crediting 2 Doctors that have had their medical license's suspended at least 1 time each! Each of them seem to sound like the Detox lady from the OC. Maybe Brooks hooked her up with these 2 nuts!

• Love 4

My issue with the open letter, first and foremost the author has to listen to what the other women are saying.  Lisa V, Kyle, Eileen have not mocked her for having the disease.  Like much of the viewing audience who don't have the disease or really aren't committed to reading the latest treatise on Lyme Disease and in the case of Yolanda the far less frequent Post treatment Lyme Disease or Neurological Lyme Disease.  So if the CDC estimate (300,000++)testing positive vs. reported number is 30,000 of Lyme Disease there is broad difference.  When I read numbers like this what I see is Yolanda and others who do not recover from LD after the protocol drops to a much lower number.  The other issue is Andy Cohen, Yolanda Foster, Heather Thompson (the following year) and were celebrities at a Lyme benefit.  They were getting the word out there.  Later this year Yolanda and other members of the cast travel back east to support Yolanda in receiving an award for her contributions to Lyme Disease awareness.  Bravo has allowed this to be Yolanda's platform much like they allowed her to put her daughters up front and center and their modeling careers. 

To all of us who have worked in proximity of a strong advocate or devotee of a cause be it a medical malady, religion, fraternal organization, social or political cause it can be exhausting to be expected to educate oneself on their point of view.  Who hasn't just wished  the mother of the band member raising money for her kid's trip didn't stop and ask you to buy a candy bar, or not get invited to candidate tea, or not be asked to sponsor a walk for a specific cause?  To me, that is what Yolanda has done. These women with their various causes are expected to stop, drop and roll and become uber educated on a disease Yolanda is essentially saying there are no answers or the answers are muddled.  If she and the medical community can't agree on what the disease entails, let alone a cure why are the rest (who are frequently unjustly lumped together) suppose to nod their heads in agreement while she circles the globe seeking the cure for her particular distress?  You can support someone in their quest but one does not have to suffer insults and being called ignorant.  She demands knowledge but eschews basic questions about her condition and calls them attacks. 

What I saw on the show is LisaR making a bold move for attention by bringing up the M word.  Guess what the other women were ill advised about Munchausen but in Yolanda's defense they offered that perhaps her disease had progressed and involved other maladies such as fibromyalgia.  Isn't that exactly what Yolanda has done?  She has metal toxicity, parasites and who knows what else-certainly these are not typical symptoms of LD.They weren't mocking her they were asking questions that Yolanda is unprepared or unwilling to answer.  When sharing she had a two foot parasite, she was asked how?  A little shoulder shrug is all they could get.  As to me, I don't think it is much of a stretch to think someone who has been seriously ill for four years, secretly separated from her husband might just might have depression or any number of diagnosable mental health issues.

To those who have so bravely shared their experience and frustration with Lyme Disease, I am quite certain everyone in this posting community is wishing you folks the cure or relief from the horrendous effects of Post Treatment Lyme Disease.  Not liking Yolanda's method of "awareness" is not meant, at least on my part, to diminish or mock anyone else who has succumbed to the very serious PTLD.  There is a fine line a celebrity walks in promoting a cause or awareness and for me I just don't think Yolanda is the best spokesperson. 

Now it is up to Bravo and large degree Yolanda to decide if this whole detailing Yolanda and her shotgun approach to dealing with Lyme is the best for the cause.  If boring and alienating people makes people turn their TVs off to RHOBH then the good fight was for naught.  Yolanda and her request for health has become polarizing instead of an intelligent discussion.

• Love 21

I hope that everyone continues to post here, because I think that's the only upside to this whole storyline. That's what I'm learning from, anyway.

For my part, I feel like Yolanda's tendency to exaggerate and condescend is what's driving people's doubts. When she first came on she took a basic fact, being married, and tried to sell us on the idea that it was the best marriage ever. Now it's kind of similar. I think she's sick, but she has to make it seem like the most sick anyone's ever been, with the worst diagnosis you can get.

It's like... To me she's not mean and calculating, but she's always selling,used car salesperson style, and I get suspicious of that specifically. Why she can't just say there are good days and bad ones is beyond me. Something that simple would eliminate a lot of speculation, imho.

So I guess my point is, however much she wants to be the face of this illness, and her last blog makes me convinced she does, I don't think she can. Others who participate in conversations she generates, though,can actually do some good. I hope that doesn't stop.

On another note, why is she just now hooking up with experts on Lyme? Why isn't that step 1?

• Love 7

And while not up there with the whole marriage of the heavens routine and of course the illness that makes even the gods weep, I heard a tidbit about one of the means that Gigi has made sure she is everywhere.  Have someone (hired?) establish a tumblr account, then have a professional photographer follow you around the streets of NYC and take what look like great editorial photos but are meant to be assumed to be candids because she is that spectacular.  Not nefarious and actually a bit coldly clever if true (and it looks like it is if enough overly gaunt young women with bone structure you could cut deli meat with gossiping a Christmas Eve can be trusted).  But it goes to show how much this family is a bunch of fame strivers.  A quick look on tumblr makes it seem rather plausible.

• Love 3

I'm sure Gigi's publicist has done just what you explain, tentativelyyours. There are no accidents anymore when someone is famous and is seen everywhere.Add in the fact that Gigi is one of the millenials(and others) who have to document everything hour of their lives and voila, Gigi is everywhere.

I guess she hasn't learned that a little mystery is a good thing since her Mother hasn't learned this at all.

ETA- no diss to millenials at all, I just know more of them who are unable to push away from facebook postings. But add my older family members who do the same thing.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 3