Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

The other night while watching one of my kids said "why is she getting a shot of vitamin C, you just pee that out everyone knows that." Yo sure does go to extremes doesn't she.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 5

Thanks for the article nexxie. Interesting they refer to Yo as a supermodel. I had never heard of her before the HW. Another example of embellishment where she is concerned??

Maybe creative reach by the reporter who figured "supermodel" had more cachet than "runway model" or "print model"? During the brief marriage between one of the many couplings of model & music -- in this case, Bruce Springsteen and Julianne Phillips --she was frequently if erroneously, referenced as a supermodel. Sold more papers, I guess.

Wiki actually has a section on supermodels that breaks down the big names by decade. I didn't see the Lady of Lemon Cleanses included altho Gigi gets a mention near the end re the models who build their status via social media. One of the Jenner girls ( I can't tell them apart) is listed, too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermodel#1980s

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 3

When your entire life is built around how you "look", you live and die by that. Yolanda was a stunningly beautiful young woman with a stunningly beautiful body. When she got older, she still looked wonderful but was not a model anymore. So now she lives vicariously through her daughters and son. When her latest husband got worn out with her "illness" and her need for constant attention, he bailed. I'm not excusing his behavior in any way but really, what did she expect from him? This should serve as a warning sign to the Kartrashians but of course, it will not.

• Love 2

David's kids range in age from 29 - 45. Yo and Fo have been married for 4 years. How much kid blending could there have been?

They were "together" for a total of 9 years, which is more than enough time for both sides to blend/get to know each other.

IMO, Yolanda is backing away from her earlier comments about the families being blended/being close because David's kids are supporting HIM and starting to publicly dispute Yolanda/teams claims that he filed for divorce because she is sick, that he kicked her out of his condo, that he is trying to get back all the money he spent on her chasing failed treatments all over the world beause her team is demonizing him in the tabloids/press.

• Love 1

Thanks for the article nexxie. Interesting they refer to Yo as a supermodel. I had never heard of her before the HW. Another example of embellishment where she is concerned??

She was a model with Eileen Ford for many years before marrying Hadid - she looked very similar to the way Gigi looks now.
  • Love 1

She was a model with Eileen Ford for many years before marrying Hadid - she looked very similar to the way Gigi looks now.

I think she is gorgeous. I don't see her as a supermodel however. I'm not even sure that phrase was coined at that time. I'm old enough to have lived during her era and I had never heard of her till HW.

• Love 3

I think she is gorgeous. I don't see her as a supermodel however. I'm not even sure that phrase was coined at that time. I'm old enough to have lived during her era and I had never heard of her till HW.

I think Cheryl Tiegs might've been the first "supermodel" - a term probably coined by PR people.

DAVID FOSTER I PAID ALL OF YOLANDA'S MEDICAL BILLS ... Even After She Left Me

Yolanda Foster is the one who decided to end her marriage to David Foster ... and our sources say he's still paying a fortune in medical bills and support.

Sources close to Foster tell TMZ, Yolanda signed a prenup when the couple married in 2011, but he's giving her significantly more than he's required to do under the document. We're told their $27 million Malibu home is his property, but when they sold it he gave her a "big chunk."

We're told Yolanda just bought a new $5 million home in the fancy Wilshire Corridor section of L.A. with the money she got in the sale.

As for the medical bills, contrary to reports David has cut her off, we're told he continues to pay for her Lyme Disease treatment.

Yolanda decided to end the marriage more than a year ago, but we're told he never stopped paying her support and he was by her side much of the time even after she left him.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/16/david-foster-yolanda-medical-bills-divorce/

• Love 4

I think Cheryl Tiegs might've been the first "supermodel" - a term probably coined by PR people.

Janice Dickenson claims to have coined the term "Supermodel" so some (aka Janice) say she's the first. Others say Twiggy, Gia Carangi... who really knows. Still, I never ever heard of Yolanda until this show.

• Love 5

The term "super model" dates to the 1940s at least. The first historically enduring name to whom it was applied by the press was Twiggy. Janice's account is factually incorrect fabulism that makes for a cute anecdote. And the million-plus cosmetics contract barometer was established by Lauren Hutton and Margaux Hemingway. Tiegs was the first professional model to parlay her public stature into merchandising and entrepreneurial opportunities; I think she also bettered the monetary records by Hutton and Hemingway slightly until contracts ballooned even more in the '80s.

Yolanda was nowhere near as successful as either of her daughters. Thousands of women have signed with Ford since the agency's inception. Some have never booked a single job during their association with the company. Obviously, photographic evidence proves that Yo did but she was certainly not as well known in the annals of the industry as a relatively fleeting and obscure girl-of-the-moment like Micaela Bercu (of whom Gigi actually reminds me more than her tonally Aryan/Nordic mother).  

Editing to add: Bella is actually playing a better long game than her sister within the fashion paradigm, in my opinion. She's handily casting herself as a muse to an artist with aspirational talent and starring in his music videos. She may not walk as many shows as Gigi but the ones in which she does appear are of the ilk of the auteurs rather than the explicit purveyors of commerce. She'll probably never book Victoria's Secret or Sports Illustrated based on her aesthetics and will thus likely never achieve household-name status with middle America. But going the Helena-Christensen-in-Chris-Isaak's-Wicked-Game route affords her a chance to cement herself in the cultural firmament.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 4

Yolanda was never a super model.  Not even close.  She had a decent career but was never a top tier like a Cheryl, Christie Brinkley, Christy Turllington, Iman, Shelley Hack, Elle.  I could go on and on.  She was never in their league.

On another note, I don't think Yo ended the marriage.  She may have filed for divorce but I think David checked out long before that.  I can't blame the guy.  She has serious issues.  And I'm not talking about Lyme.  It's her dealing with her Lyme and how she has made it a career.  Sad.  It's probably the best thing he could have done for her.  So, now she has the decision to get better to find a 'new love' or wallow.  I think she's going to get better.  BTW, I don't say this lightly.  I 'know' Lyme can be very serious and I don't like David.  Never have.

• Love 7

I don't think she's doing it for fame - she has the job at Bravo, sick or not, and it's way more fun to wear nice clothes and feel good. I really think Yolanda wants to bring attention to a disease that can be truly horrific - having been there, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy - because the vast majority of people don't have a clue about it and most doctors are just about as clueless.

It might have been more appropriate to work out a deal for a TV special to cover her experience, but she probably decided that more people will at least google the disease with this kind of prolonged exposure. Sadly, hundreds of thousands will learn about it the hard way, despite Yo's efforts, as it continues to move across the country.

How has Yo clarified any of the misconceptions about and/or raised awareness about the affliction in question?

Off the top of my head - and in just the past couple of weeks - she has:

unironically used "Lyme" as an interchangeable synonym for "chronic Lyme" during her disquisitions about the stigma and misinformation surrounding the latter. In the discourse at hand, the distinction between the two is not insignificant, a point that Yolanda herself would presumably understand the most (ie there is no medical controversy regarding whether or not Lyme exists; the lack of consensus pertains to chronic Lyme specifically).

made demonstrably and easily disprovable assertions like she hasn't been able to drive a car for four years because of lack of leg strength (she was filmed in 2012 cheerily discussing going for a run on the cast trip to Ojai) or been able to listen to music for the same duration of time (she's been photographed and taped at both public and private concerts up until at least just last year).

made an, at best, befuddlingly and troublingly misinformed comparison equating the prevalence and severity of "Lyme" (when she meant CL) to pre-treatment-era AIDS.

openly described the saga of her declining health as a "mystery" that required "playing detective" (thus explicitly stating that there was ambiguity and uncertainty about the causation of her symptoms) and then accused her cast mates of "ignorance" for . . . echoing her own characterization of her condition and speculating that factors other than Lyme might be the reason for her ailment.

effectively advocated administration of non-FDA-approved immunotherapy to minor children. (I don't really know how to emphasize how big of a deal and potentially corrosive the unnecessary and incorrect application of medication like this is for adults, let alone an adolescent boy and teenage young woman)

changed her story about contraction yet again. Apparently, a mere couple of weeks after The Evening Standard/horse-riding narrative ran, she is now contending that she and the kids caught it from horseflies? When this is not even a documented method of transmission.

Earnest ambassadorship requires clarity. But Yolanda, almost actively it appears, continues to sew confusion about the topic of the season.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 15

The problem with Yolanda isn't her having lyme, it is that it doesn't appear to be the only issue and she won't publically acknowledge anything else. When concern that it might be other things is even brought up, those who raise said concerns are said to be haters, and how dare they question Lyme disease(I won't even touch the aids comparison). I still haven't even heard anyone on the show say she doesn't have Lyme disease. What makes it hard to sympathize with her is that she is making herself a victim and is contradicting herself all the time. She claims to not be able to drive and hasn't for years but she rode all over Amsterdam on a bike last year. She says she can't read, but has been filmed doing so. Last season during the babyface dinner she wrote in her blog that it was the only good day she had all last year, by she was active and up and about throughout the season. Again, not saying she doesn't have Lyme disease, but her inconsistencies make it hard to believe the severity she claims.

TMZ posted an article a week or so ago that claimed the stress of David not being around made her lymes worse and now getting divorced her health has improved because she doesn't expect him around anymore. It is getting to be such a sympathy ploy. You know what causes stress? Traveling all over the world and abusing your body with experimental and/or unnecessary drugs.

Is it wrong that I am enjoying the little leaks from David's camp? Being sick doesn't mean Yolanda isn't a self centered asshole.

• Love 19

I think Yolanda started to have problems with David's kids when, and I am just guessing here, they started to question her claims and her treatment choices. LOL

Yes indeed, WireWrap!  I think you're right on the money with your observations.  If I could add only one thing, it would be that the kids grew cold on the same day that they realized their inheritances were flying out the window in the form of quack meds!  That shrinking bottom line will do it every time!  $$$$$

• Love 1

Years ago I worked and socialized with a woman who was a first class athlete. She turned in a performance that was the best of the sport for a fleeting moment. It was far beyond any performance she had previously had and was never able to duplicate. It was truly the Beamonesque* moment in her life. For the next years she suffered from one ailment, syndrome, disease, allergy after another. What ever was in vogue she seemed to find a doctor to diagnose her. She had Epstein Barr, fibromyalgia, immune system disorder, every muscle pull and sprain known to man, our personal favorite was when peanut allergies became popular, she had a violent reaction to a Thai dish claiming peanut allergies. We thought it odd since she seemed to consume peanuts on a very regular basis and had in fact brought a dish two weeks earlier that contained peanuts, but at that party that day, (a celebration of another's 40th birthday and acceptance in the Hall of Fame for her sport) all eyes were off the guest of honor and energies directed at Linda.

Shortly thereafter a psychologist who ran in the same circle commented on Linda and said essentially, "Linda can never get back the high she had the best sports day of her life. It was her personal Beamonesque moment. Instead of getting attention for her sports now it is all about will Linda beat (name the disease or malady of the week). The good doctor's claim was upon rising in the morning many people have a bit of an ache or pain, get up and by the time they shower or getting ready to start the day the pain is gone. For Linda, she could never recapture that magical feeling the day she broke records and put up a personal best so every little ache and pain became her reason for not returning to the magical day. Rather than train or accept the fact it was simply a fabulous performance she sought attention and excuses through these maladies. So each little ache or pain became something serious. Each task work or otherwise was taxing on her delicate system. We all have to feel for Linda because she is just a shadow of the previous world caliber athlete she once was. Oh no, Linda's husband divorced her. Poor Linda he couldn;t handle her illness.

Now to bring this back to Yolanda. On first meeting Yolanda she was hypercritical of the other women for raised voices, f bombs, arguing and drinking. (Actually it was pretty much just Brandi in Ojai.) She claimed she had broken her back some 13 years earlier while giving birth to Anwar and was taking lamb's placenta for her aches and pains. Perhaps Yolanda's defining moment in her marriage to Mohamed is she finally delivered the much awaited male child after a series of three daughters. This accomplishment was followed by divorce and six years of depression. Everyone had to know what a sacrifice it was for Yolanda. Poor dear BROKE HER BACK. (Didn't seem to keep her from horseback riding and extreme physical workouts.) Fast forward thirteen years and Yolanda had the new man and the wedding of the century in her newly, self designed Malibu mansion with world class musicians performing for the couple. Within months Yolanda has developed some mystery malady that was later diagnosed as Lyme Disease, when it didn't get better she claimed to have Chronic Lyme Disease, after lots of treatment it became Neurological Lyme Disease. As her illness goes on her epidemic in the making Lyme Disease is becoming more and more remote. So I question if she should be the face of Lyme Disease.

Now her daughters have catapulted to the top of the celebutante models and Yolanda, proud mother that she is, is only able to enjoy their stellar successes from her sick bed. When Bella had some naughty behavior, mom was quick to offer up the Lyme Disease explanation. My guess is Anwar is not on a superstar path in either high school athletics or academics so he has a built in excuse if he does excel in will be with "in spite of the fact he is a Chronic Lyme's sufferer".

*Beamonesque refers to the 1968 Olympic long jump winner Bob Beamon, who broke the world's record by 21 3/4 inches. It was a record that stood for almost 23 years and was a defining singular performance by any athlete in any sport. It was said once the measurement was converted from metric to feet and inches, Bob Beamon legs collapsed and he had a cataplexy moment. BTW some 47 years later it is still the Olympic record.

Interesting, this makes a lot sense.

They were "together" for a total of 9 years, which is more than enough time for both sides to blend/get to know each other.

IMO, Yolanda is backing away from her earlier comments about the families being blended/being close because David's kids are supporting HIM and starting to publicly dispute Yolanda/teams claims that he filed for divorce because she is sick, that he kicked her out of his condo, that he is trying to get back all the money he spent on her chasing failed treatments all over the world beause her team is demonizing him in the tabloids/press.

Maybe they don't "get along" with her because she is a judgmental, Teutonic opportunist and a liar face.  Early on Yolanda said David found some of early blogs too harsh.  Since then she has written things like, "Why is Kyle kissing Lisa's ass?"  or some pretty awful things about Ken Todd (okay he did call her stupid).  So whenever confronted she claims it is the Lyme brain, or she doesn't remember.  Imagine having to be around that crap at family events.  David managed to keep his relationship with the Jenner boys who he raised so I don't think he is the great divider in the household.  He and Mohamed seemed to handle things quite well in splitting the dad duties.  So I question why Yolanda can't seem to get along with five adult women in her personal life.  We have seen her on the show and she rules by fear.  Vanderpump has the right idea-arm's length.  Sorry I think there is a very private side of Yolanda we just don't see.  

• Love 9

Yolanda was nowhere near as successful as either of her daughters. Thousands of women have signed with Ford since the agency's inception. Some have never booked a single job during their association with the company. Obviously, photographic evidence proves that Yo did but she was certainly not as well known in the annals of the industry as a relatively fleeting and obscure girl-of-the-moment like Micaela Bercu (of whom Gigi actually reminds me more than her tonally Aryan/Nordic mother).  

The Michaela Bercu similarity is one I've seen mentioned before (Gigi even had a photoshoot that was an homage to her iconic Vogue cover) and I definitely see it, though Michaela to me has a more interesting look than Gigi. Not that it matters, Gigi is a huge giant star right now, which is what Yo wanted all along. 

So the divorce is starting to get ugly! I thought David's camp would let Yolanda get control of the narrative, but apparently not. 

• Love 2

Awesome comments in this thread!  My very basic summary (after "liking" a ton of posts) is that Yo is a perpetual VICTIM.  She thrives on the pity and attention, plain and simple.  Frankly, I don't watch this show for that. 

disclaimer - I am not doubting there is something wrong with her, but it is nowhere to the degree she wants us to believe, and I believe most of it is self inflicted. 

• Love 9

Listening to Yolanda talk her first and second season, I got the sense she had done some decent modeling on the more local European level and got enough work to get her foot in the door of the international scene but took the first dollared beau that came her way.  Everything about her in terms of modeling just comes off as so mercenary and how it translates into what she wanted for Gigi that first season.  Modeling was just a step into finding a man who was incredibly rich and hopefully famous as well.  I could almost hear her say when the talk was about Gigi being a model versus the hypothetical of her going to college full time "men with billions don't find wives in college as much as they do on runways".

In fact I think she is probably as surprised at the serendipity of Gigi's it girl moment as others are.  Granted she quickly caught on and has done everything she can to bathe in any reflected glory.  But I wouldn't be surprised if her true white boards had a 'goals for Gigi that had 1.Guess Girl and 2.wife to billionaire, major recording artist or major league baseball/basketball player (I think Yolanda knows all the financial pitfall of a professional football player barring a few).  She might settle for an actor but I remember Yolanda saying something about husbands being handsome but the wife has to bring the real beauty to the marriage or something along those lines.

• Love 2

Editing to add: Bella is actually playing a better long game than her sister within the fashion paradigm, in my opinion. She's handily casting herself as a muse to an artist with aspirational talent and starring in his music videos. She may not walk as many shows as Gigi but the ones in which she does appear are of the ilk of the auteurs rather than the explicit purveyors of commerce. She'll probably never book Victoria's Secret or Sports Illustrated based on her aesthetics and will thus likely never achieve household-name status with middle America. But going the Helena-Christensen-in-Chris-Isaak's-Wicked-Game route affords her a chance to cement herself in the cultural firmament.

Bella may also find herself successful modelling commercially as well as on the artistic route.  'Word on the street', heh, is that Bella is Karl Lagerfeld's muse.  She's walking a lot for Chanel right now so it's believable.

• Love 2

yolanda-foster.jpg

For anybody interested:  You, too, can have a portable sauna for under $250.  I googled because I want one but was thinking it would cost upwards of $1000.  I think I've found my Christmas present. LOL   uesNY:  Does yours have a hood?  If not, do you wish it did?

I think Yolanda does a lot of unnecessary treatments but unless she's sitting in this for hours a day, I don't think it can hurt, can it?  I'd love to be sitting in one now.  I'm freezing.

• Love 7

For anybody interested:  You, too, can have a portable sauna for under $250.  I googled because I want one but was thinking it would cost upwards of $1000.  I think I've found my Christmas present. LOL   uesNY:  Does yours have a hood?  If not, do you wish it did?

I think Yolanda does a lot of unnecessary treatments but unless she's sitting in this for hours a day, I don't think it can hurt, can it?  I'd love to be sitting in one now.  I'm freezing.

What is odd is in her Malibu mansion it had a sauna.  Wonder if they were renting their home out?  The built in seemed so very nice.

• Love 1

Yo needs someone to send her some links:  http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/05/detox-myth-health-diet-science-ignorance

Other tactics are more insidious. Some colon-cleansing tablets contain a polymerising agent that turns your faeces into something like a plastic, so that when a massive rubbery poo snake slithers into your toilet you can stare back at it and feel vindicated in your purchase. Detoxing foot pads turn brown overnight with what manufacturers claim is toxic sludge drawn from your body. This sludge is nothing of the sort – a substance in the pads turns brown when it mixes with water from your sweat...

Sounds like Yo's "two foot long parasites."

And this one:  https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

Any product or service with the words “detox” or “cleanse” in the name is only truly effective at cleansing your wallet of cash. Alternative medicine’s ideas of detoxification and cleansing have no basis in reality. There’s no published evidence to suggest that detox treatments, kits or rituals have any effect on our body’s ability to eliminate waste products effectively. They do have the ability to harm however – not only direct effects, like coffee enemas and purgatives, but the broader distraction away from the reality of how the body actually works and what we need to do to keep it healthy.

Our kidneys and liver don’t need a detox treatment. If anyone suggests a detox or cleanse to you, you’d do well to ignore the suggestion, and question any other health advice they may offer.

Thanks, Yo.  I had no idea how many quacks were out there scamming people until you brought it to my attention.

• Love 13

Ok so now supposedly David is saying that Yolanda left HIM and not the other way around. Hmmmmm

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/12/16/report-david-foster-still-financially-supporting-yolanda-foster-even-though-left/

I'm sure that it's at least a few years old, but wow does Yo look great in that photo at the top of the article!

I thought they both put money into the Malibu house, her part coming from her divorce settlement from Hadid.

What is odd is in her Malibu mansion it had a sauna.  Wonder if they were renting their home out?  The built in seemed so very nice.

The one at the house might not have been infrared sauna - that's what Lyme patients use.
  • Love 2

That picture couldn't be any better placed.  As soon as you turn the page, it hits you.  Now, who do you suppose took this latest pose?  I swear, Yolanda will stop at nothing for attention!  Any old day I'd pose in a contraption like this, for all the world to see, is the day that anyone here is welcome to declare me certifiably insane!  Attention, attention, attention!  Yolanda can't pose on the runway anymore, so she'll happily pose  in anything else.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 11

Oh boo hoo fucking hoo Yolanda, and your whatever disease you have.

Take your self entitled ass off my tv.

My good friends wife just passed away last night at age 54 from a very long, agonizing battle with cancer. She left behind 2 teenagers who AREN'T runway models, who AREN'T rich,and they don't complain or take anything for granted.

You make ME sick Yolanda. Fuck off

• Love 22

I did have to laugh at YO toting around her medical white board for all to see. She is very savy media wise, and it was no accident she was caught looking sad, holding on to her dear chart

That's when I lost any sympathy I had for her. The woman is playing all of us. David figured it out first, and got out. Using her kids as part of her "illness".... despicable.

• Love 12

http://www.eonline.com/news/724537/yolanda-foster-joined-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-to-boost-bella-and-gigi-hadid-s-careers

So Yolanda really did take the job initially to promote her daughters - that's what it always seemed to me. Interesting about the kids not blending easily.

Maybe, but I for one  doubt it.  Before RHOBH she was on a similar show in the Netherlands (clips all over youtube)  I don't know the duration but she was filming during her wedding to David which was 11/11/11 and she's been on this show since 2012. 

Yolanda loves the limelight and she brought up her children to love it too.  I'll never forget her chastising Gigi (or was it Bella?) for wanting to eat and play softball with her friends instead of starving and posing to prepare for a modeling career.  And the entire time Gigi was preparing for school in NYC Yolanda kept emphasizing the modeling aspect and talked about the college part as something Gigi might do in her between jobs.  I'm not saying those kids didn't want to be celebrity models but I the idea definitely came from their mother and I think it came early and often.  Meanwhile, YoFo was hardly sacrificing by joining the show - she loved it. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9

Yo needs to keep her mouth shut and stop spreading unproven theories about Lyme Disease.  According to Yo, Horse flies can transfer Lyme just like 'tics'.  Really, a 'tic' can cause Lyme?  Wow, who knew.  A muscle spasm can transfer Lyme disease.  Sorry Yo. but there's no scientific evidence that proves a 'tic' or a 'tick' can transfer Lyme.  You're not an expert on Lyme.  You're actually not very smart....or intelligent.  Stop trying to be the spokesperson for everything Lyme. 

https://twitter.com/YolandaHFoster/status/675662071279697920

Anyone else on this list would be a better spokesperson for Lyme than Yo:

http://www.popmythology.com/15-celebrities-with-lyme-disease/

What amazes me with Yo is that she claims to be so sick but has the 'energy' to have a photo taken and then instagrams it. 

Sorry for the rant.  I guess I feel so strongly about this is because of my family's experience with Lyme.  I find it soooo insulting to people who have or who are dealing with this very serious disease.  People should be given 'facts', not voodoo science.  I think people should be aware of Lyme, the importance of better diagnosing, and more research.  Yolanda Foster is not doing this.  She's promoting quackery and herself.

• Love 8

I don't know anything more about Lyme disease from Yolana than I did a year ago and I didn't know much then.   So I agree, she can say she's trying to raise awareness but I'd question not only the platform but the message.  

What is odd is in her Malibu mansion it had a sauna. Wonder if they were renting their home out? The built in seemed so very nice.

Dutch saunas are a regular experience in northern Europe;  people hit the sauna in the evenings and weekends, usually with company (friends, family or collegues) but others prefer their saunas alone.  Either way, I bet Yolanda has been enjoying saunas forever.   Nothing new and nothing to do with her illness. 

• Love 5

I bolded the stupid part. I agree with your post except for this part. She gets away with her behavior and sets seeds of a narrative and it works. Ken did not call her stupid. He said Don't be stupid. There is a difference yet she ran with he called me stupid during the scene and after. There is a complete difference with what he said and what she got out there. He called her out for a specific thing and she got huffy instead of understanding what he said. She WAS doing something stupid, her behavior WAS stupid. He didn't say that her mind was stupid, or she was stupid. There is a difference in meaning and she is a manipulator. The same thing happened with Ken and Taylor, when he said he wouldn't go to marriage therapy. I saw nothing wrong with him saying that. Yet Taylor and Yolanda have the same way of grasping what someone says to them and making it what it wasn't intended to be. Ken was perfectly correct saying what he said in both instances. 

Thanks for the correction. . .it was an important one.  So now all I can say is Yolanda is pretty vitriolic in going after people.  I cannot stand that she constantly claims others are judging when she hands down more judgments than Judge Judy with a full calendar.

• Love 6

Now Yolanda is saying on her twitter that she has started Cannabis Oil, just last week. I think this will do the trick! Lol.

Lots of oils are powerful antibacterials - which is why hospitals are turning to them when traditional antibiotics fail in bacterial infections. I've never used cannabis oil but coconut oil was part of the arsenal that made me well - will continue to use it to prevent future flare ups. Plus, it's delicious! Another potent oil is pure oregano.

My sense with Yolanda, though, is that she is no longer fighting Lyme as much as healing her body from the damage done - and less might be more at this point.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4

Now Yolanda is saying on her twitter that she has started Cannabis Oil, just last week. I think this will do the trick! Lol.

Maybe that will work better than whatever hallucinogen she's been using.

Bolding mine

Lots of oils are powerful antibacterials - which is why hospitals are turning to them when traditional antibiotics fail in bacterial infections. I've never used cannabis oil but coconut oil was part of the arsenal that made me well - will continue to use it to prevent future flare ups. Plus, it's delicious! Another potent oil is pure oregano.

My sense with Yolanda, though, is that she is no longer fighting Lyme as much as healing her body from the damage done - and less might be more at this point.

My sense with Yolanda is that she has done as much damge to herself as any of her perceived ills.

And I am heartened to hear that hospitals are adopting essential oils etc. Antibiotics have certainly gotten away from them. C Diff comes to mind.

To add to the list upthread about her schizo-remarks vs. her behavior, I remember her jogging around Paris in whatever season was 2013. She can't keep her stories straight.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

I may be wrong, but I think Cannabis oil doesn't provide a high, but it can help with pain and inflammation and other issues. So it won't mellow out annoying Yo.

I'm using oil of oregano to heal my gut after a round of antibiotics messed it all up. Oils can be wonderful, but I really, really hope Yo doesn't decided to become an advocate for those, too. Enough is enough!

• Love 7

Maybe that will work better than whatever hallucinogen she's been using.

Bolding mine

My sense with Yolanda is that she has done as much damge to herself as any of her perceived ills.

And I am heartened to hear that hospitals are adopting essential oils etc. Antibiotics have certainly gotten away from them. C Diff comes to mind.

To add to the list upthread about her schizo-remarks vs. her behavior, I remember her jogging around Paris in whatever season was 2013. She can't keep her stories straight.

Yes, she was jogging around Paris and Brandi, who is younger, complained she had trouble keeping up with Yolanda! LOL Poor, poor sick, weak Yolanda! Wait, didn't Brandi have problems doing yoga with Yolanda just LAST season, you know THE Yolanda who was far to weak/sick/confused to attend the entire reunion? LOL

• Love 9

Yes, she was jogging around Paris and Brandi, who is younger, complained she had trouble keeping up with Yolanda! LOL Poor, poor sick, weak Yolanda! Wait, didn't Brandi have problems doing yoga with Yolanda just LAST season, you know THE Yolanda who was far to weak/sick/confused to attend the entire reunion? LOL

I believe she was doing cartwheels too.

But, you know, Lyme and related illnesses are only to blame when she's caught being a bitch- she only started blaming the disease when she called Taylor an asshole ("I couldn't follow the conversation, that's when I knew something was wrong"). That was after Paris, wasn't it?

Amazing how her timelines change.

• Love 7

I will never believe YoFo left the marriage. She may have filed for divorce, but that doesn't mean she was the one who wanted out. It was likely something David asked her to do in exchange for him continuing to fund her medical costs and to financially back her in other areas that were not part of their pre-nup. Even if David were to talk to the media or post on Twitter and specifically mention YoFo was the one who called off the marriage, I will always believe it was done because David was the one who was finished with this relationship. Going back to that article from his first wife, she called him out as an asshole who only wanted a stay-at-home wife who gave him babies. I imagine the other exes felt David was an asshole, including the one who was left to financially struggle for some time after her divorce from David while raising his two daughters.

I think we're sliding into "David territory," whereby we're good and decent people who want the best for Yolanda, but we don't want a steady diet of her complaints.

Right. Whatever may or may not be affecting YoFo, I certainly hope for her sake and the sake of her children, she gets the proper medical help. YoFo, in some ways, is like watching Kim Richards. Although they are dealing with two different medical issues, they can be tiresome to watch on this kind of show. I do tend to watch those reality emergency room shows and the occasional addict shows such as Intervention, but those shows are geared towards specific health and mental problems.

Another comparison to Kim Richards is, I think aside from Lyme Disease, YoFo has other issues going on including psychological. Kim can't admit she has psychological problems (whether it is due to alcoholism or not) or won't admit she is an a pill-popper, she has only admitted to being an alcoholic. Nothing more. The frustration of watching this play out on my screen makes me itchy.

The last comparison to Kim is how YoFo is manipulative. Kim Richards and her addiction make her a master manipulator. Why is it any different for YoFo? Why is one disease better than addiction? They are both diseases. YoFo gets away with blaming her LD mind on her bad behavior whereas Kim does not. YoFo can lie about many things, but it is okay because her mind is not all there due to her LD mind, but if Kim lies, no such excuse. YoFo has shown to be a manipulator many times, just like Kim.

My spouse and I are currently dealing with a perpetual victim on his side of the family. As we watch YoFo on our screen, we can't help but think of this person we deal with. As it is annoying in real life to deal with a perpetual victim, it can be boring to watch it play out on a tv show that is supposedly meant to entertain. I realize the people on this show are not always filled with fun and games such as the death of Dick Van Patten and how it affects Vince and Elaine. But, we are getting just a small glimpse into the grieving that those two are dealing with instead of having their grieving over-take their scenes.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7