Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

Here is an article talking about her not wanting to be full-time http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/yolanda-foster-lyme-disease-rhobh/but I thought I also read somewhere that she was slated to be a friend of.  I am looking for it.  Now this article seems to be after she already filmed the scenes we have seen, so it does make me wonder.

Here's another article - albeit it's Radar again - they describe Yolanda again as not being a full-time HW. http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/yolanda-foster-lyme-disease-proof-rhobh-brooks-ayers-faking-illness/

Even though Foster, 51, isn’t a full-time housewife this season on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, “She seems to be the center of all of the drama,” an insider told Radar.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 2

Here is an article talking about her not wanting to be full-time http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/yolanda-foster-lyme-disease-rhobh/but I thought I also read somewhere that she was slated to be a friend of.  I am looking for it.  Now this article seems to be after she already filmed the scenes we have seen, so it does make me wonder.

Here's another article - albeit it's Radar again - they describe Yolanda again as not being a full-time HW. http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/yolanda-foster-lyme-disease-proof-rhobh-brooks-ayers-faking-illness/

I don't know, like you said, one said she was reluctant to be full time (though apparently not so much!) and the other says she's not full time, but how reliable is Radar Online?

• Love 2

I don't know, like you said, one said she was reluctant to be full time (though apparently not so much!) and the other says she's not full time, but how reliable is Radar Online?

Isn't Yolanda in the opening lineup with a tag line?   I don't remember FOH doing that before - I thought it was reserved for FT Ho-wives.  

• Love 3

Yolanda was supposed to be only a Friend Of this season.  Why her storyline is garnering so much air time makes you wonder.  They also brought back Kim and Brandi in October. Either the other ladies didn't "bring it" for Bravo's standards, or the other ladies made Yolanda a real storyline.  I don't think Andy wanted to fire Yolanda because he likes her and threw her a friend of status just so she could still film when she was able.

And isn't it interesting how often she is "able"?!!

She presents herself as fragile, overwhelmed, unable to cope, brain dead, and in very poor health.   Yet she welcomes cameras into her home, her dentist's office, clinics, etc.  I've been present at tapings and filmings of various kinds, and having cameras present can be very stressful - There's a lot going on, a bunch of people milling around and getting in each other's way, lighting has to be adjusted, etc, and it's time-consuming just to set up, before the cameras even start rolling.  I find it very, very hard to believe that someone who is as fragile, overwhelmed, in poor health, etc. would welcome that kind of intrustion.  Not just once but over and over and over.  

I don't see her as raising awareness for LD.  She's all over the place attempting to diagnose herself, trying various treatments all over the world, and if I had LD I wouldn't find her inspirational or helpful at all.  She thinks she has more medical knowledge than doctors so she rejects their advice and hops from one thing to the other without giving any of these potential remedies a chance.  And she attributes a DUI to having LD, which was quite obviously just self-serving.  There are certainly more appropriate ways to raise awareness.   For example, providing factual information, not using a disease as a catch-all excuse for things she's trying to clean up in her own life.  And watching her repeatedly moan and complain and pity herself is helpful to no one, and IMO counter-productive.  The message she's sending is nothing more than "OMG, this is the worst thing ever.  My life is horrible, I had a good life and now it sucks."   Plenty of people advocate for various causes and diseases, and I've never seen any of them approach it in such a negative and self-centered way.

And back to my original point (because wow - I really diverted myself there!):   No one who is as sick as she claims to be would be filming as much as she has..  Or posing for Twitter and Instagram photos on a never-ending basis.  When I'm feeling crappy and I'm sitting in a doctor's office, I'm thinking about him walking thru the door and hopefully providing some answers and advice that will make me feel better.  I'm thinking about how I can't wait to get home so I can try to get comfortable. I'm thinking about staying calm so my blood pressure doesn't rise.  I'm praying that he won't tell me something awful.   I never ever think about pulling out my phone and taking a selfie, or asking someone in the room to take a photo of me.  Social media and good camera angles are the last thing on my mind.  But from what we've seen - on this show and off - they seem to be the first thing on hers.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 15

She presents herself as fragile, overwhelmed, unable to cope, brain dead, and in very poor health.   Yet she welcomes cameras into her home, her dentist's office, clinics, etc.  I've been present at tapings and filmings of various kinds, and having cameras present can be very stressful - There's a lot going on, a bunch of people milling around and getting in each other's way, lighting has to be adjusted, etc, and it's time-consuming just to set up, before the cameras even start rolling.  I find it very, very hard to believe that someone who is as fragile, overwhelmed, in poor health, etc. would welcome that kind of intrustion.  Not just once but over and over and over.  

I don't see her as raising awareness for LD.  She's all over the place attempting to diagnose herself, trying various treatments all over the world, and if I had LD I wouldn't find her inspirational or helpful at all.  She thinks she has more medical knowledge than doctors so she rejects their advice and hops from one thing to the other without giving any of these potential remedies a chance.  And she attributes a DUI to having LD, which was quite obviously just self-serving.  There are certainly more appropriate ways to raise awareness.   For example, providing factual information, not using a disease as a catch-all excuse for things she's trying to clean up in her own life.  And watching her repeatedly moan and complain and pity herself is helpful to no one, and IMO counter-productive.  The message she's sending is nothing more than "OMG, this is the worst thing ever.  My life is horrible, I had a good life and now it sucks."   Plenty of people advocate for various causes and diseases, and I've never seen any of them approach it in such a negative and self-centered way.

And back to my original point (because wow - I really diverted myself there!):   No one who is as sick as she claims to be would be filming as much as she has..  Or posing for Twitter and Instagram photos on a never-ending basis.  When I'm feeling crappy and I'm sitting in a doctor's office, I'm thinking about him walking thru the door and hopefully providing some answers and advice that will make me feel better.  I'm thinking about how I can't wait to get home so I can try to get comfortable. I'm thinking about staying calm so my blood pressure doesn't rise.  I'm praying that he won't tell me something awful.   I never ever think about pulling out my phone and taking a selfie, or asking someone in the room to take a photo of me.  Social media and good camera angles are the last thing on my mind.  But from what we've seen - on this show and off - they seem to be the first thing on hers.

I have yet to read 1 thing from Yolanda that was NOT self serving. She doesn't tweet about LD, she tweets about how SHE feels, she doesn't tweet about treatments to avoid or even those to seek out, she tweets about how SHE feels, she doesn't tweet names of qualified Physicians to treat LD, she tweets about how SHE is feeling. She has not given 1 recommendation about anything LD related. Instead, she tweets about how she feels, how her life has fallen apart BECAUSE of LD, how 2 of her kids have it even though we never saw/heard that until she started to recover after her silicone leak was cleaned up, and she tweets photo after photo of herself wrapped in her robe getting some sort of untested holistic IV treatment, oh and she tweets photos of holistic treatments from practitioners she has NEVER met/seen in her life other than through a computer screen for her AND her kids. Yolanda should be funding research, supporting existing research and stay off of a stressful TV show built on drama.  JMO

• Love 13

Yeah, in the beginning of this Lyme Disease journey with Yolanda, I believed her. Now I think she's so invested in this as her story, her reason for the divorce from her "King", etc, I think she just needs some serious psychiatric care. I really can't imagine why she signed on for another season unless she really needs more attention to her "disease". Give it a rest, Yo. Go away, get well (whatever help that's required) and then reappear or not. I, for one, have run out of care. 

• Love 6

This a thousand times!

I have yet to read 1 thing from Yolanda that was NOT self serving. She doesn't tweet about LD, she tweets about how SHE feels, she doesn't tweet about treatments to avoid or even those to seek out, she tweets about how SHE feels, she doesn't tweet names of qualified Physicians to treat LD, she tweets about how SHE is feeling. She has not given 1 recommendation about anything LD related. Instead, she tweets about how she feels, how her life has fallen apart BECAUSE of LD, how 2 of her kids have it even though we never saw/heard that until she started to recover after her silicone leak was cleaned up, and she tweets photo after photo of herself wrapped in her robe getting some sort of untested holistic IV treatment, oh and she tweets photos of holistic treatments from practitioners she has NEVER met/seen in her life other than through a computer screen for her AND her kids. Yolanda should be funding research, supporting existing research and stay off of a stressful TV show built on drama.  JMO

I agree with this. It is all about Yolanda. It used to be all about David, but she saw that he was losing interest and has now turned the attention to herself.

She definitely needs psychiatric help.

What was her comment to David while in the dentist chair, what was it? Do you regret marrying me?

• Love 6

What was her comment to David while in the dentist chair, what was it? Do you regret marrying me?

She asked if he was glad he married her. He mumbled no I think I heard.

You don't ask those kinds of questions when your marriage is on shaky grounds and you are being filmed. I'm assuming she thought he would play along but all I saw was a man who didn't give a damn.

• Love 2

I just rewatched that scene and paid attention.  The first time I fast forwarded it because, ew, teeth being pulled.  Anyway, she said, with a mouth full of gauze, "Aren't you glad that you married me?"  And he said, "Thrilled."  Turned on his heel, went out the door and you can hear him say, "No." And then an exasperated huff.

Yowza.  Edit or real?  Either way, it wasn't good.

The thrilled part I can almost see Mr. Ryebread saying in a joking manner after me asking that question, hair in rollers, a mud mask on and my very sexy flannel nightie.  But in Yo and My Love's case, he really seemed over it.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7

Years ago I worked and socialized with a woman who was a first class athlete.  She turned in a performance that was the best of the sport for a fleeting moment.  It was far beyond any performance she had previously had and was never able to duplicate.  It was truly the Beamonesque* moment in her life.  For the next years she suffered from one ailment, syndrome, disease, allergy  after another.  What ever was in vogue she seemed to find a doctor to diagnose her.  She had Epstein Barr, fibromyalgia, immune system disorder, every muscle pull and sprain known to man, our personal favorite was when peanut allergies became popular, she had a violent reaction to a Thai dish claiming peanut allergies.  We thought it odd since she seemed to consume peanuts on a very regular basis and had in fact brought a dish two weeks earlier that contained peanuts, but at that party that day, (a celebration of another's 40th birthday and acceptance in the Hall of Fame for her sport) all eyes were off the guest of honor and energies directed at Linda.

Shortly thereafter a psychologist who ran in the same circle commented on Linda and said essentially, "Linda can never get back the high she had the best sports day of her life.  It was her personal Beamonesque moment.  Instead of getting attention for her sports now it is all about will Linda beat (name the disease or malady of the week).   The good doctor's claim was upon rising in the morning many people have a bit of an ache or pain, get up and by the time they shower or getting ready to start the day the pain  is gone.  For Linda, she could never recapture that magical feeling the day she broke records and put up a personal best so every little ache and pain became her reason for not returning to the magical day.  Rather than train or accept the fact it was simply a fabulous performance she sought attention and excuses through these maladies.  So each little ache or pain became something serious.  Each task work or otherwise was taxing on her delicate system.  We all have to feel for Linda because she is just a shadow of the previous world caliber athlete she once was. Oh no, Linda's husband divorced her.  Poor Linda he couldn;t handle her illness.

Now to bring this back to Yolanda.  On first meeting Yolanda she was hypercritical of the other women for raised voices, f bombs, arguing and drinking.  (Actually it was pretty much just Brandi in Ojai.)  She claimed she had broken her back some 13 years earlier while giving birth to Anwar and was taking lamb's placenta for her aches and pains.  Perhaps Yolanda's defining moment in her marriage to Mohamed is she finally delivered the much awaited male child after a series of three daughters. This accomplishment was followed by divorce and six years of depression.  Everyone had to know what a sacrifice it was for Yolanda.  Poor dear BROKE HER BACK.  (Didn't seem to keep her from horseback riding and extreme physical workouts.)  Fast forward thirteen years and Yolanda had the new man and the wedding of the century in her newly, self designed Malibu mansion with world class musicians performing for the couple.  Within months Yolanda has developed some mystery malady that was later diagnosed as Lyme Disease, when it didn't get better she claimed to have Chronic Lyme Disease, after lots of treatment it became Neurological Lyme Disease.  As her illness goes on her epidemic in the making Lyme Disease is becoming more and more remote.  So I question if she should be the face of Lyme Disease.

Now her daughters have catapulted to the top of the celebutante models and Yolanda, proud mother that she is, is only able to enjoy their stellar successes from her sick bed.  When Bella had some naughty behavior, mom was quick to offer up the Lyme Disease explanation.  My guess is Anwar is not on a superstar path in either high school athletics or academics so he has a built in excuse if he does excel in will be with "in spite of the fact he is a Chronic Lyme's sufferer". 

*Beamonesque refers to the 1968 Olympic long jump winner Bob Beamon, who broke the world's record by 21 3/4 inches.  It was a record that stood for almost 23 years and was a defining singular performance by any athlete in any sport.  It was said once the measurement was converted from metric to feet and inches, Bob Beamon legs collapsed and he had a cataplexy moment.  BTW some 47 years later it is still the Olympic record.

• Love 15

The up side of Yolanda's health is that we are going to hear reactions and sniping from the group!   I am excited about that!  And I am a terrible person.  This show does it to me.  Not my fault.  I am a victim!!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8

Yolanda having Lyme disease and Yolanda  using it to scream for attention on this show (and social media) can both be true.  

I think she is very sick and I don't have any reason to doubt it's Lyme disease.  But her over the top (in my opinion) behavior about it, including filming this season can still be ridiculous. I mean,  there was absolutely no reason for her receive guests in the bedroom only to go to the living room except to get that crazy medicine closet on TV when Rinna and Eileen walked past it.     Or to show up at Rinna's birthday dinner only to leave after ten minutes when she wasn't the center of attention.  I don't question her decision to have her teeth pulled, but I question the decision to put it on the show and have MyLove come by (and then leave) during it.    To me, behavior like that is either open for snark or too sad to be on this show. 

It doesn't mean she isn't sick, but it does mean she's a major famewhore who has decided to make her illness her identity - at least for the show.

I don't think she's doing it for fame - she has the job at Bravo, sick or not, and it's way more fun to wear nice clothes and feel good. I really think Yolanda wants to bring attention to a disease that can be truly horrific - having been there, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy - because the vast majority of people don't have a clue about it and most doctors are just about as clueless.

It might have been more appropriate to work out a deal for a TV special to cover her experience, but she probably decided that more people will at least google the disease with this kind of prolonged exposure. Sadly, hundreds of thousands will learn about it the hard way, despite Yo's efforts, as it continues to move across the country.

• Love 6

Yolanda having Lyme disease and Yolanda  using it to scream for attention on this show (and social media) can both be true.  

I think she is very sick and I don't have any reason to doubt it's Lyme disease.  But her over the top (in my opinion) behavior about it, including filming this season can still be ridiculous. I mean,  there was absolutely no reason for her receive guests in the bedroom only to go to the living room except to get that crazy medicine closet on TV when Rinna and Eileen walked past it.     Or to show up at Rinna's birthday dinner only to leave after ten minutes when she wasn't the center of attention.  I don't question her decision to have her teeth pulled, but I question the decision to put it on the show and have MyLove come by (and then leave) during it.    To me, behavior like that is either open for snark or too sad to be on this show. 

It doesn't mean she isn't sick, but it does mean she's a major famewhore who has decided to make her illness her identity - at least for the show.  

I do think YoFo wants the attention her illness brings her to expand beyond the show. Her comments about how LD is more devastating than AIDS? Really now? This is not a contest. YoFo sure seems to want to be the face of LD like some models want to be the face of Loreal. Overall, I do agree with your entire post.

I don't doubt YoFo had/has Lyme Disease, but I think there is more to YoFo than what she has been telling us.

Do we really know YoFo other than this show? Who is to say she isn't this person who is, oh I don't know how else to put it other than, all fucked up. Just because she happened to land two rich men in her life, she lives a luxurious lifestyle, and is on a hit tv show, doesn't mean she is without some mental issues or mental disorders that aren't connected to Lyme Disease. Whether this has always been who YoFo is or whether it gradually came upon her over the years, I can't say.  Rich, glitzy, and glamorous people aren't immune from mental disorders and all the other issues that are easily attributed to people, like Kim Richards and Brandi Glanville. YoFo doesn't have to be a falling down drunk or be an addict who has been arrested a few times in order to be on the level of crazy that those two are.  Maybe we are now getting a glimpse into who YoFo really is.

• Love 7

She asked if he was glad he married her. He mumbled no I think I heard.

You don't ask those kinds of questions when your marriage is on shaky grounds and you are being filmed. I'm assuming she thought he would play along but all I saw was a man who didn't give a damn.

I take David's response with a huge grain of salt.  You have a clip of Yo asking David if he was glad he married her.  Then David responds with 'thrilled'.  Then back to Yo (IIRC) and then back to David going out the door and saying no.  The point is that the first answer and the no is not in one clip.  I call editing manipulation on this because there no reason to split the clip if that was what he actually said.  Yo could have been asking him anything.  Are you going to Malibu?  Are you coming home for dinner?  Are you going to be late?  And it was cut out.  I'm just not buying what the editors are trying to portray.  Too much monkeying with the clips.

• Love 5

So Yolanda has moved and has taken her most valuable possession with her...

(|Hint....it's not the family photo album)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3360156/Yolanda-Foster-moves-new-condo-medical-gear-leaves-ex-s-bachelor-pad-split.html

OMG.  Thanks for posting this.

She conveniently carried the medical boards instead of having them packed in a box and moved by the moving van.  This woman has serious issues IMO and was no doubt hoping that someone would get a photo (or made a call so someone would get a photo).  I'm surprised she didn't have one taken for her Instagram. 

• Love 8

She conveniently carried the medical boards instead of having them packed in a box and moved by the moving van.  This woman has serious issues IMO and was no doubt hoping that someone would get a photo (or made a call so someone would get a photo).  I'm surprised she didn't have one taken for her Instagram. 

You know, just know, that she called the tabloids or had Brandi alert them for her. LOL

• Love 4

I just can't get over the shots of her "medical boards".  How manipulative she is!   It's really hilarious.  For what good reason would she have been walking around carrying those things, especially on moving day?  And medical equipment wouldn't be transported that way either.  Unless she wanted to make a show of it, and have all of these things clearly on display.  Which - surprise! - of course she did.  I've never see anyone's personal items exposed like that during a move.  And someone with her means certainly would have paid not only for first-class moving, but also for the careful packing of all of her possessions.  Instead, she insisted on having those poor guys parade her medical equipment down the street while she herself shlepped huge boards with gigantic writing that look like cue cards for someone 1000 miles away.  I guess it's all just in case anyone forgot that she is suffering because it's been 10 seconds since she's had the opportunity to let us know.

No question in my mind that she made sure the paparazzi had been alerted re the exact time and place too.  She & stupid Brandi deserve each other.

• Love 17

She & stupid Brandi deserve each other.

Now that's the meanest thing I've seen posted about Yolanda, yet! 

I've got no hate for Yoyo.  She's obviously physically, and mentally, ill.  Marriage is over, kids are all gone, sick in body and head, moving into a new apartment at Christmastime alone.  With menopause as the cherry on top.  I feel sorry for her.  If this was Kyle, I'd feel sorry for her, too.  Are you reading this, Santa?  That statement by itself deserves a new laptop.

She's brought a lot of this misery on herself.  And I know marriages end, kids grow up, people get sick.  But I get the sads for those people, too. As my kid leaves for college next fall when my menopause is in full swing and I take to my bed, I hope y'all will send me a casserole.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 9

I've got no hate for Yoyo.

You might be mistaking snark for hate. Of course, I can't speak for everyone. :-)

The mentally ill have always been on the receiving end of a lot of shit from people. Lack of patience and ignorance play a part.  As a sibling of someone who had mental issues (he passed away years ago), I will be the first to say that it is not easy to watch and deal with someone you love, behave like an asshole at times.  It never was about hate, but simply having no patience or a low tolerance which brings about certain emotions or feelings. YoFo is on that end of the spectrum for me simply because I think Bravo should have not allowed her to return and take up space on this show. If YoFo wants to publicize her illnesses on her own social media pages and other sources, then she can do it and those who follow her life on those social media sites can enjoy YoFo in all her glory as she leads the fight of LD and shares her latest setback or voodoo cures.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

Interesting story about Mohamed. Got to love a guy who went bankrupt in the '90s and now lives in a 50,000 square foot mansion. Also facing misdemeanor criminal charges. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/us/shell-company-bel-air-mansion.html?_r=0

I dont think foreigners hiding assets in America is actually considered a problem in either scale or nature by the powers that be. That the guy who purchased a house from Mohamed Hadid used the public funds of some other country to pay for his personal private property is not considered a problem. Mohamed Hadid killing a Walton's eucalyptus tree is.
  • Love 2

Am I the only one who read this article(David Foster Wants Yolanda Foster to Pay Him Back For Medical Bills!)  and felt sick to their stomach. regardless of how you feel about Yolanda Foster, you have to admit that it a little sad that David is now asking her to pay her back for her medical treatments. I mean isn't that part of her husbands job, to stick with her when shes healthy and sick? What do you guys think? Should Yolanda have to pay David back for all of her previous medical treatments? Its bad enough that David Foster is telling his friends that Yolanda Foster isn't sick... but this ugh this is a whole new low!

I have never heard of this site before this season, and most of their articles read like fan fiction, and they just seem to rewrite articles from their favorite source, radaronline.  As soon as I realized that, I stopped taking this site seriously.

• Love 6

daptomycin, abendazole, rocephin, bicillin injections, flagyl, azithromycin, acinia, quetiapine, mepron, vancomycin, nystatin, diflucan, rifampin, belsomra, macrobid, tindamax, dmps, zithromax, wellbutrin, plaquenil, edta, tetralysal, adderall, hydrocortisone, hydrocodone, Xanax, minocycline, ativan, ritalyn, hydroxyeholor, lunesta, codeine.

tumblr_ms7ngsHsO71s6zhnoo1_400.gif

• Love 2

I have never heard of this site before this season, and most of their articles read like fan fiction, and they just seem to rewrite articles from their favorite source, radaronline.  As soon as I realized that, I stopped taking this site seriously.

It's not the only source that's carrying it.  It's as credible as any other of these rags that we all quote from, and link to.

That said, I'm not sure I believe it.  Only because he's involved with so many health care charities and asking Yo for money back for medical treatments while they were married would be a total douche move.  He wouldn't want that publicized and Yolanda has the ability to do so.  Lisa Rinna and her mouth could get the job done overnight.

• Love 5

Am I the only one who read this article(David Foster Wants Yolanda Foster to Pay Him Back For Medical Bills!)  and felt sick to their stomach. regardless of how you feel about Yolanda Foster, you have to admit that it a little sad that David is now asking her to pay her back for her medical treatments. I mean isn't that part of her husbands job, to stick with her when shes healthy and sick? What do you guys think? Should Yolanda have to pay David back for all of her previous medical treatments? Its bad enough that David Foster is telling his friends that Yolanda Foster isn't sick... but this ugh this is a whole new low!

Yes, because as we all know, ROL is a Bastion of Truth tabloid that Never makes shite up, ever! (said with heavy sarcasm)! I would bet money that this story/lie comes directly from Brandi who got it directly from Yolanda who is putting all this out to keep her victim status intact. Both of them are PATHETIC and need mental health help ASAP.

It's not the only source that's carrying it.  It's as credible as any other of these rags that we all quote from, and link to.

That said, I'm not sure I believe it.  Only because he's involved with so many health care charities and asking Yo for money back for medical treatments while they were married would be a total douche move.  He wouldn't want that publicized and Yolanda has the ability to do so.  Lisa Rinna and her mouth could get the job done overnight.

Actually, the "source" is ROL. All the rest, tabloids/bloggers, quote/credit ROL only as THE source.

• Love 3

Yes, because as we all know, ROL is a Bastion of Truth tabloid that Never makes shite up, ever! (said with heavy sarcasm)! I would bet money that this story/lie comes directly from Brandi who got it directly from Yolanda who is putting all this out to keep her victim status intact. Both of them are PATHETIC and need mental health help ASAP.

Actually, the "source" is ROL. All the rest, tabloids/bloggers, quote/credit ROL only as THE source.

Yes, any other article I found on this went back to ROL.  Look, I'm in no way above gossip, but ROL has put out too much stuff that's just straight up not true for me to ever give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 3

So Yolanda has moved and has taken her most valuable possession with her...

(|Hint....it's not the family photo album)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3360156/Yolanda-Foster-moves-new-condo-medical-gear-leaves-ex-s-bachelor-pad-split.html

She looks so sad in those pictures.  My heart goes out to her.  Yes she's rich but getting divorced sucks no matter who you are and having to move your stuff around when you don't feel good doesn't sound like fun either.  Plus it's Christmas and she's probably comparing this Christmas to previous Christmas's when her family was around and times were good.  I hope she has some happiness this holiday season.

• Love 8

She looks so sad in those pictures. My heart goes out to her. Yes she's rich but getting divorced sucks no matter who you are and having to move your stuff around when you don't feel good doesn't sound like fun either. Plus it's Christmas and she's probably comparing this Christmas to previous Christmas's when her family was around and times were good. I hope she has some happiness this holiday season.

My heart goes out to her too. I read somewhere that she'll be with the kids at Mohamed's on Christmas Eve. Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5

I seriously doubt David wants her to pay him back (if there is even an ounce of truth to this story).   What, if anything, is happening, they are both in the process of listing assets - both personal and joint.   Let's say David had a huge car collection, and joint assets were used to maintain that collection.  In a settlement, those costs would go against his interests.   Same holds true for what YO spent on private jets, etc. for her medical search.  All those expenses would go against her interest, and be deducted from the final settlement.   My SIL had a client who's husband wanted to claim his wife's breast implants as community property!  Went to the state supreme court, and of course, dismissed.    Divorce is ugly no matter what, but with big money involved, it gets really ugly.

I did have to laugh at YO toting around her medical white board for all to see.  She is very savy media wise, and it was no accident she was caught looking sad, holding on to her dear chart.   

I wonder if she'll miss sitting around the piano at Christmas, tell everyone not to sing along, The King is playing.

• Love 10

There has to be a pre-nup, right? These two have been around the block before.

According to Yolanda he ha a pre-nup.  Many time there are provision that negate no spousal support if one party I unable to earn.  Yolanda I fortunate she is able to earn while she is ill.

• Love 3

Now that's the meanest thing I've seen posted about Yolanda, yet! 

I've got no hate for Yoyo.  She's obviously physically, and mentally, ill.  Marriage is over, kids are all gone, sick in body and head, moving into a new apartment at Christmastime alone.  With menopause as the cherry on top.  I feel sorry for her.  If this was Kyle, I'd feel sorry for her, too.  Are you reading this, Santa?  That statement by itself deserves a new laptop.

She's brought a lot of this misery on herself.  And I know marriages end, kids grow up, people get sick.  But I get the sads for those people, too. As my kid leaves for college next fall when my menopause is in full swing and I take to my bed, I hope y'all will send me a casserole.

Sorry, but I meant what I said.  :-)  I have despised Brandi from her first moment on this show, and although I think Yolanda is not quite as bad, I really dislike her too.

This may make me a horrible person, but I don't feel sorry for her.  Yes, she's sick and yes, she has emotional problems.  But we've seen from the beginning how manipulative she is, and I think she's taking this thing and running with it, not caring at all about the impact her shenanigans are having on other people.  Her children, for example.  I am sick and tired of her "poor me, pity me, hold-on-a-minute-while-I-post-a-photo-of-my-sick-self-on-Instagram" routine, so I can't imagine what it must be like to be someone in her real life having to deal with her self-involvement and drama on a daily basis.  She is exhausting, and I am just not convinced that she's as deathly ill as she wants the world to think.  She is doing a disservice to people who are truly seriously ill, and who are concentrating on getting well and spending time with family rather than moaning and complaining on national TV, in interviews, on social media, and anywhere else she can find to get attention.

If she was a person I knew in real life, who was depressed and dealing with illness, the end of her marriage, etc, of course I would be sympathetic.  But Yolanda has very deliberately chosen to play all of this out publicly, and apparently she's perfectly capable of picking and choosing when she feels well and when she doesn't.  Her priority is clearly playing a victim for all the world to see.  

There have been too many contradictions, too many outright lies, and too much manipulation for me to ever believe that her situation is as she's portraying it.   I just can't feel sympathetic toward someone like that.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 22

I think we all share a horrible chronic illness with Yolanda: It's called aging. And I don't think she can deal with it. I'm about her age, and the face that you see in the mirror is not the same face that you saw at 20, 30, or even 40.

It might suck, but, as the old corny saying goes, it sure beats the alternative!

Men with David Foster and Mohammed Hadid kinds of money can afford to buy younger versions. And they do. End of story.

I think DaveedMyLahv will be YoFo's last big "get," but I'm guessing that she'll be set up pretty well after a successful career fishing for giant catches.

Spot on. She keeps making herself sicker because she can't deal with the natural aging process. Does she even mention menopause? She seems to have a lot of the symptoms.

• Love 7

Years ago I worked and socialized with a woman who was a first class athlete.  She turned in a performance that was the best of the sport for a fleeting moment.  It was far beyond any performance she had previously had and was never able to duplicate.  It was truly the Beamonesque* moment in her life.  For the next years she suffered from one ailment, syndrome, disease, allergy  after another.  What ever was in vogue she seemed to find a doctor to diagnose her.  She had Epstein Barr, fibromyalgia, immune system disorder, every muscle pull and sprain known to man, our personal favorite was when peanut allergies became popular, she had a violent reaction to a Thai dish claiming peanut allergies.  We thought it odd since she seemed to consume peanuts on a very regular basis and had in fact brought a dish two weeks earlier that contained peanuts, but at that party that day, (a celebration of another's 40th birthday and acceptance in the Hall of Fame for her sport) all eyes were off the guest of honor and energies directed at Linda.

Shortly thereafter a psychologist who ran in the same circle commented on Linda and said essentially, "Linda can never get back the high she had the best sports day of her life.  It was her personal Beamonesque moment.  Instead of getting attention for her sports now it is all about will Linda beat (name the disease or malady of the week).   The good doctor's claim was upon rising in the morning many people have a bit of an ache or pain, get up and by the time they shower or getting ready to start the day the pain  is gone.  For Linda, she could never recapture that magical feeling the day she broke records and put up a personal best so every little ache and pain became her reason for not returning to the magical day.  Rather than train or accept the fact it was simply a fabulous performance she sought attention and excuses through these maladies.  So each little ache or pain became something serious.  Each task work or otherwise was taxing on her delicate system.  We all have to feel for Linda because she is just a shadow of the previous world caliber athlete she once was. Oh no, Linda's husband divorced her.  Poor Linda he couldn;t handle her illness.

Now to bring this back to Yolanda.  On first meeting Yolanda she was hypercritical of the other women for raised voices, f bombs, arguing and drinking.  (Actually it was pretty much just Brandi in Ojai.)  She claimed she had broken her back some 13 years earlier while giving birth to Anwar and was taking lamb's placenta for her aches and pains.  Perhaps Yolanda's defining moment in her marriage to Mohamed is she finally delivered the much awaited male child after a series of three daughters. This accomplishment was followed by divorce and six years of depression.  Everyone had to know what a sacrifice it was for Yolanda.  Poor dear BROKE HER BACK.  (Didn't seem to keep her from horseback riding and extreme physical workouts.)  Fast forward thirteen years and Yolanda had the new man and the wedding of the century in her newly, self designed Malibu mansion with world class musicians performing for the couple.  Within months Yolanda has developed some mystery malady that was later diagnosed as Lyme Disease, when it didn't get better she claimed to have Chronic Lyme Disease, after lots of treatment it became Neurological Lyme Disease.  As her illness goes on her epidemic in the making Lyme Disease is becoming more and more remote.  So I question if she should be the face of Lyme Disease.

Now her daughters have catapulted to the top of the celebutante models and Yolanda, proud mother that she is, is only able to enjoy their stellar successes from her sick bed.  When Bella had some naughty behavior, mom was quick to offer up the Lyme Disease explanation.  My guess is Anwar is not on a superstar path in either high school athletics or academics so he has a built in excuse if he does excel in will be with "in spite of the fact he is a Chronic Lyme's sufferer". 

*Beamonesque refers to the 1968 Olympic long jump winner Bob Beamon, who broke the world's record by 21 3/4 inches.  It was a record that stood for almost 23 years and was a defining singular performance by any athlete in any sport.  It was said once the measurement was converted from metric to feet and inches, Bob Beamon legs collapsed and he had a cataplexy moment.  BTW some 47 years later it is still the Olympic record.

1,000x this!!!!

• Love 3

What blending?  David's kids don't live with him, so any blending was probably once a year at Christmas or something.  And aren't they a lot older?  

Does Yo even know all their names?

Sorry, I'm cynical.  I think that blending thing is just a bit more BS Yo wants to throw our way to make us feel sorry for her heroic struggles. 

• Love 9

Yo completely lost me when she posted the pictures of her son carrying her. From the first picture, you see her back and think, "Oh my God! I'm sorry I ever doubted her! She's not strong enough to walk! How tragic!" Then the next picture is from the front and they're both laughing. That gotcha moment ended all sympathy from me. To me, that was a deliberate attempt to garner sympathy and then laughing in the face of the suckers who fell for it. Bye, Yo.

• Love 16
YoFo is on that end of the spectrum for me simply because I think Bravo should have not allowed her to return and take up space on this show. If YoFo wants to publicize her illnesses on her own social media pages and other sources, then she can do it and those who follow her life on those social media sites can enjoy YoFo in all her glory as she leads the fight of LD and shares her latest setback or voodoo cures.

Great Kazu, I think you've come up with one of the best suggestions re Yolanda that I've read lately. First, as you say, it's perfectly OK for many of us to be sick and tired of the show's focus on Yolanda's illness.  It can become a real downer.

Secondly, why hasn't Bravo suggested (or forced) the idea that Yolanda needs a rest from the show? IMHO, there is nothing cruel or heartless about the idea. I am physically handicapped, and there is no way that I would want the show to focus on me and my personal problems!  My limitations and pain are NOT "entertainment."

I think we're sliding into "David territory," whereby we're good and decent people who want the best for Yolanda, but we don't want a steady diet of her complaints. She shouldn't want it either, but she does, so BRAVO is hurting her (and us) by giving her a forum for all of this doctoring, pill taking, etc.  I would like this show so much better if there were more English garden parties and less OR NO pills, injections, and moaning about complaints!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 5

What blending?  David's kids don't live with him, so any blending was probably once a year at Christmas or something.  And aren't they a lot older?  

Does Yo even know all their names?

Sorry, I'm cynical.  I think that blending thing is just a bit more BS Yo wants to throw our way to make us feel sorry for her heroic struggles. 

I think Yolanda started to have problems with David's kids when, and I am just guessing here, they started to question her claims and her treatment choices. LOL

Great Kazu, I think you've come up with one of the best suggestions re Yolanda that I've read lately. First, as you say, it's perfectly OK for many of us to be sick and tired of the show's focus on Yolanda's illness.  It can become a real downer.

Secondly, why hasn't Bravo suggested (or forced) the idea that Yolanda needs a rest from the show? IMHO, there is nothing cruel or heartless about the idea. I am physically handicapped, and there is no way that I would want the show to focus on me and my personal problems!  My limitations and pain are NOT "entertainment."

I think we're sliding into "David territory," whereby we're good and decent people who want the best for Yolanda, but we don't want a steady diet of her complaints. She shouldn't want it either, but she does, so BRAVO is hurting her (and us) by giving her a forum for all of this doctoring, pill taking, etc.  I would like this show so much better if there were more English garden parties and less OR NO pills, injections, and moaning about complaints!

I suspect that Yolanda did like she has done before each season started filming, claimed she made enough of a recovery to convince the producers/Bravo/Andy that she was able to film and then slowly start backing away claiming she was sicker than anyone knew AFTER filming a few times. It is a game to her IMO, a control thing, to keep the focus/cameras on her when she does in fact film with anyone else and to make sure that anyone who DARES to question her gets demonized by the viewers.

The show would be sooooo much better without Yolanda on in any way shape or form, just like it has been soooo much better without Kim/Brandi darkening our TVs so far this season. I realize that both will appear on the show soon and I find it telling that they are back filming WITH Yolanda. LOL

• Love 12

.  I would like this show so much better if there were more English garden parties and less OR NO pills, injections, and moaning about complaints!

This, this, this. However, complaints like Damn, that bitch wore the same dress as me to the benefit! or Carbs? How dare you serve me carbs? or even Wire hangers for my Ungaro? Cancel my account now! remain welcome.
  • Love 4

http://www.eonline.com/news/724537/yolanda-foster-joined-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-to-boost-bella-and-gigi-hadid-s-careers

So Yolanda really did take the job initially to promote her daughters - that's what it always seemed to me. Interesting about the kids not blending easily.

Thanks for the article nexxie. Interesting they refer to Yo as a supermodel. I had never heard of her before the HW. Another example of embellishment where she is concerned??

• Love 7