Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

Tamara Tattles tells firsthand about lunching with Bella and getting the entire story of Bella's diet, Bella's "take" on things, Bella's pills, and the conversation with Bella about her alleged Lyme Disease.  If what Bella has to say sounds just like what you've heard someone else say, I won't be surprised!!!  Here's the link:

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/12/09/bella-hadid-opens-battle-chronic-lyme-disease-yolanda-foster-prepares-baggies-pills-bella/

I'm almost speechless.  Has this daughter been brainwashed? 

• Love 8

OMG, that interview with Bella! She does sound exactly like Yolanda; she's parroting all Yo's crap. And taking baggies full of pills supplied by mommy. W. T. F. ?

When it's just Yolanda being crazy -- and sorry, at this point I'm marking it all down to a breakdown of her mental health -- that's one thing, but now she's affecting (infecting!) her children. 

I can see both Mo and David simply agreeing (probably after talking with each other) to write checks to cover whatever Yo seems to think she needs as long as she stays the heck away from them with her ridiculous illness. (I can't imagine what Mo thinks of what she's doing to Anwar and Bella.) If Mo is paying Daisy's salary, it's because he cares enough about Yo to get a babysitter to watch over her, but he probably isn't much interested otherwise. Neither he nor David have time to listen to her endless sick-voiced complaints about her diminished brain capacity and two-foot-long parasite. Both are busy men who have no time for such a drain on their energy.

I've said it before so this is my final time to say it: IMO Yolanda has gone down the rabbit hole into an alternate reality with this "chronic Lyme disease". If she truly wants to get well she should seek out the best psychologist or psychiatrist money can buy and get into therapy. What really bugs me is her cry-poor behavior now that the divorce is hitting the tabloids. Acting like she's broke and has nowhere to go if David pushes her out of the condo. Is anyone buying that bullshit? I'm going to Hell because I have NO sympathy for this annoying, rich, uneducated, fame-whore former model who's done nothing with her life except procreate and decorate a few mega-mansions.

Want to get better, Yolanda? Find the strength to go out for one hour a day and help someone who really needs it. Do it anonymously, without cameras on you, and don't blog or brag about it. Start filling up the empty space inside you by thinking about someone besides yourself.

ETA: I wasn't going to watch this season if there was too much about Yo's stupid sickness. Skipped the first ep but tuned in for Tuscan scenery and really enjoyed Kyle's family trip. I have no doubt we'll see much more of whiny Yo in eps to come, and I will admit that her behavior is as weirdly fascinating as it is pathetic and annoying.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 13

OMG, that interview with Bella! She does sound exactly like Yolanda; she's parroting all Yo's crap. And taking baggies full of pills supplied by mommy. W. T. F. ?

When it's just Yolanda being crazy -- and sorry, at this point I'm marking it all down to a breakdown of her mental health -- that's one thing, but now she's affecting (infecting!) her children. 

I can see both Mo and David simply agreeing (probably after talking with each other) to write checks to cover whatever Yo seems to think she needs as long as she stays the heck away from them with her ridiculous illness. (I can't imagine what Mo thinks of what she's doing to Anwar and Bella.) If Mo is paying Daisy's salary, it's because he cares enough about Yo to get a babysitter to watch over her, but he probably isn't much interested otherwise. Neither he nor David have time to listen to her endless sick-voiced complaints about her diminished brain capacity and two-foot-long parasite. Both are busy men who have no time for such a drain on their energy.

I've said it before so this is my final time to say it: IMO Yolanda has gone down the rabbit hole into an alternate reality with this "chronic Lyme disease". If she truly wants to get well she should seek out the best psychologist or psychiatrist money can buy and get into therapy. What really bugs me is her cry-poor behavior now that the divorce is hitting the tabloids. Acting like she's broke and has nowhere to go if David pushes her out of the condo. Is anyone buying that bullshit? I'm going to Hell because I have NO sympathy for this annoying, rich, uneducated, fame-whore former model who's done nothing with her life except procreate and decorate a few mega-mansions.

Want to get better, Yolanda? Find the strength to go out for one hour a day and help someone who really needs it. Do it anonymously, without cameras on you, and don't blog or brag about it. Start filling up the empty space inside you by thinking about someone besides yourself.

ETA: I wasn't going to watch this season if there was too much about Yo's stupid sickness. Skipped the first ep but tuned in for Tuscan scenery and really enjoyed Kyle's family trip. I have no doubt we'll see much more of whiny Yo in eps to come, and I will admit that her behavior is as weirdly fascinating as it is pathetic and annoying.

I'm beginning to wonder if she believes everything she says...could she be depressed resulting in mental instability and suicidal thoughts. In addition, if she's starving herself she might be escalating her mental problems. On the WWHL interview she seems to be greatly improved. Maybe she had a hamburger and fries before talking to Andy.

• Love 4

I'm beginning to wonder if she believes everything she says...could she be depressed resulting in mental instability and suicidal thoughts. In addition, if she's starving herself she might be escalating her mental problems. On the WWHL interview she seems to be greatly improved. Maybe she had a hamburger and fries before talking to Andy.

I think she's put herself into an unending cycle that is feeding itself. Needs to find a way to break the cycle and change the tapes playing in her head.

It probably wasn't that hard for her to conserve her energy for 18 hours in order to sound perky for a 5-minute phone chat that was all about her. 

• Love 1

Aside from the fact that Yo's "health advocate" seems like a real con, I'm glad somebody (Mohammed or David or whoever) decided to get somebody in to feed her, listen to her, wipe her butt, whatever it takes.   It's much better than placing that kind of burden on her son, or daughters.   None of them deserve to be her crazy sounding board, driving her from one quack to another, etc.    Kim has done that with her daughter Kimberley and it's just so sad how much responsibility she feels for her mother's well being and sobriety.

• Love 8

I have always felt Yolanda was forcing this relationship. He just seemed so disconnected and uncomfortable around her. There was no chemistry IMO and as I have posted in the past, David is the kind of man that is fine with you entering his life but, he doesn't seem interested in being part of her life.

She just seemed so desperate and that never works. 

Remember the episode when she got all dolled up in lingerie?  He looked like he was so disinterested.  He couldn't even pretend to be into her to make her feel better about putting on sexy lingerie.

I personally think he fell in love with the tall nordic blonde who was married to a wealthy friend he admired.  He's probably also a romantic in a sense.  He probably loves the feeling of being in love, writes some romantic music, and then the bloom wears off the rose and he's looking for his next muse to write beautiful music about.  

I also think she probably was intriguing at first -- former model, accent, wealth -- and then he bored quickly over her.   The constant fawning over him probably wears thin.

And then if she's maybe Munchaussen by Proxy (which I think she is -- not saying she doesn't have something causing her illness, she strikes me as someone who loves the attention), that's got to get old.

He's no prince for sure though.  He may be talented musically but he comes off as one arrogant ass.

• Love 5

Even if Yolanda didn't have the illness, whatever it actually is, and even if she had been to a dentist before and didn't act like a toddler while she was there, she'd still be boring. The woman really seems boring to me. I can't imagine being around her for any length of time.

• Love 16

Why, yes. Yes it is. Why do you ask? LOL

Ha ha ha ha ha!!  Very funny.. 

I would love to see more of it, especially the main room and view.  He has had this condo for a long time and it is where he likes to compose his music.  The piano there is special, too.   Often the wealthy don't like to offer pictures that could identify exactly where they live.  If we saw the view, that would be known.  I have no doubt that it is a beauty.  I picture a great room with one glass wall, sliders to a porch in living rm and master etc. 

I think it was calculated that we saw Yolanda in what appears to be a guest room without much attention to decor.  I think she uses the master suite when cameras are not rolling.  I would put money on it. 

• Love 6

I have an absolutely compulsive need to sleuth out info about real estate on shows like these. I live on the other side of the world, so I don't feel bad about online snooping, but I will admit that it's borderline creepy.

I found a condo with David Foster listed as the owner. The records show that it's 3300 sqf and has 3 beds/4 baths (so probably tiny according to Yolanda). It's a new building, less than ten years old, and David is the first owner of the unit. He payed almost six million dollars for it and I'm sure there are HOAs on top of that (again, clearly she's basically living in poverty). 

I checked it out on google maps and the street matches the one Eileen and Rinna drove away from. 

ETA: Either there is an error in reporting somewhere, or he owns two adjacent units of the same size (so a total of about 6600 sqf and 8 baths if they've been combined). The second condo has a lower purchase price listed, but it's still quite a few millions. They're on a very low floor, which could explain why they always have the drapes drawn when filming. Or it's just Yolanda Illness Dramatics.

ETA2: Investigated further. It's definitely the building, interior matches listing photos from other units in the building. There's something a bit hinky about the price, it's possible that around 6 million is the combined price for both units. Another unit on a much higher floor was 6600 sqf and sold for that a couple of months after David bought his. Also, I checked out some listing photos for the units above and below the two that were registered to David, and it's right across the street from another highrise. That's probably why they're only filming with the drapes drawn. 

Edited by Atwood
  • Love 11

I have an absolutely compulsive need to sleuth out info about real estate on shows like these. I live on the other side of the world, so I don't feel bad about online snooping, but I will admit that it's borderline creepy.

I found a condo with David Foster listed as the owner. The records show that it's 3300 sqf and has 3 beds/4 baths (so probably tiny according to Yolanda). It's a new building, less than ten years old, and David is the first owner of the unit. He payed almost six million dollars for it and I'm sure there are HOAs on top of that (again, clearly she's basically living in poverty). 

I checked it out on google maps and the street matches the one Eileen and Rinna drove away from. 

ETA: Either there is an error in reporting somewhere, or he owns two adjacent units of the same size (so a total of about 6600 sqf and 8 baths if they've been combined). The second condo has a lower purchase price listed, but it's still quite a few millions. They're on a very low floor, which could explain why they always have the drapes drawn when filming. Or it's just Yolanda Illness Dramatics.

ETA2: Investigated further. It's definitely the building, interior matches listing photos from other units in the building. There's something a bit hinky about the price, it's possible that around 6 million is the combined price for both units. Another unit on a much higher floor was 6600 sqf and sold for that a couple of months after David bought his. Also, I checked out some listing photos for the units above and below the two that were registered to David, and it's right across the street from another highrise. That's probably why they're only filming with the drapes drawn. 

Thanks for the info-so it is a decent size spread and I assume it is in a good location with those prices.

There are very effective antiparasite prescription medicines. If a cucumber really could kill parasites, real pharmaceutical companies would've isolated what part of the cucumber did it, and make a pill out of it. It would be patentable. Point 9 contradicts point 5, carrots, beets and apples are quite sugary.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 12

No offense intended but some of the stuff on this list sounds like the kind of alternative woo that has led to Yolanda traveling all over the world to seek treatment. Not everything on that list is recognized as real medical condition. Adrenal fatigue might be diagnosed by a nautropath but most doctors will tell you it does not exist. Instead of getting better she's just getting a larger collection of "medicine" that doesn't seem to be doing anything for her. Still, I do have sympathy for Yolanda. I think she's being conned. When I was pursuing a diagnosis for my chronic illness I took a short detour down the alternative medicine route. It didn't take me long to realized Big Pharma has nothing on Big Alternative. That's for folks with deep pockets and I'm too poor for all that. Yolanda is making someone, or a lot of someones, very rich.

Edited by Thick McRunFast
  • Love 9

Ha ha ha ha ha!!  Very funny.. 

I would love to see more of it, especially the main room and view.  He has had this condo for a long time and it is where he likes to compose his music.  The piano there is special, too.   Often the wealthy don't like to offer pictures that could identify exactly where they live.  If we saw the view, that would be known.  I have no doubt that it is a beauty.  I picture a great room with one glass wall, sliders to a porch in living rm and master etc. 

I think it was calculated that we saw Yolanda in what appears to be a guest room without much attention to decor.  I think she uses the master suite when cameras are not rolling.  I would put money on it.

I'd love to see the main room too - but you're right, the view would give away the location.
  • Love 1

I keep reading comments regarding Yolanda's Lyme Disease. That she's faking or......that she has other issues and not Lyme....What does mercury have to do with Lyme?....What do parasites have to do with Lyme?.....How do her leaking implants affect Lyme?...faker fakery fake.

Anyone that suffers from this disease knows exactly how the above affects Lyme and the inability to heal. Here are reasons why one cannot heal from Lyme: (Check out #4 & #6) Lyme is very complicated. I'm blessed to be feeling better. But a few years ago I was exactly where she was. I had many of the below issues (not the parasites, luckily ;-) And had to address them in order to get better. There are also certain genetic factors that make detoxing the dying bacteria more difficult too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can't shake Lyme disease? Doctor tells you why:

There are 10 roadblocks that can keep you sick with Lyme disease no matter how many antibiotics you take - or how long you take them, Dr. Lee Cowden, a board-certified Lyme-literate internist and cardiologist, says. Here they are:

1. Poor hydration. Solution: Keep a bottle of water near you at all times and drink two or three ounces every 15 to 20 minutes throughout the day. That's not as crazy as it sounds. Once you get used to the routine, it's easy.

2. Oxygen deprivation resulting from shallow breathing. Solution: Practice deep-breathing daily to help oxygenate the cells. CoQ-10, a cellular oxygenator, may help, too.

3. Electromagnetic pollution. Solution: You can't escape it entirely but you can reduce your exposure by unplugging wi-fi, cordless phones and any TVs or radios in your bedroom before you turn in at night.

4. Toxins - especially mercury and mycotoxins. Solution: Alga-based herbs and supplements are available to address these issues.

5. Eating too much sugar and starch, both of which feed fungi and bacteria. Solution: A few judicious changes in your diet can make a big difference.

6. Parasites in the gut, liver, spleen and pancreas. Raw pumpkin seeds and cucumbers are effective against many worms and parasites.

7. Leaky gut syndrome. Leaky gut creates food-allergy reactions, which in turn cause immune reactions and adrenal gland stress. Stress, refined sugars, gluten and alcohol can cause or aggravate leaky gut. Make adjustments as necessary.

8. Adrenal fatigue and thyroid under-activity. When the adrenals and thyroid don't function properly, then the body's temperature goes down and in turn, its immune function. Adrenal and thyroid support is important for healing from chronic Lyme disease. In the realm of nutritional support, consider inexpensive Ashwagandha.

9. Detoxification problems. It's important to support the liver in order to heal from Lyme disease. Liver foods include beets and carrots, garlic, leafy green vegetables, avocados and apples. Eat one or more daily, even in small amounts. Food really can be your medicine.

10. Emotional issues, especially subconscious issues from early life traumas, which have the most impact upon health. Resolving these is essential to healing. Self help books are widely available.

Source: ProHealth.

A few months ago I posted more about Lyme, especially about the genetic issues (mthfr, etc.) that complicate things. Since then I've learned that this site is more about snark than serious medical discussions - but I'm really happy you posted this! Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3

Oh poor Yolanda!  Slumming in a luxury condo.  How strange to have her King with that huge painting or whatever that is in his room.  Isn't that the height of narcissism?  

I think she's the BH version of Shannon.  She just doesn't drink and doesn't come off quite as kooky, but she's every bit as kooky with her Munchaussen by Proxy and quacks for hire.  

Lordy, you sure don't miss a beat Kokapetl.. lol.

Dr. Cowden is not my Doctor; but is renown for his expertise in Lyme and I'd certainly take his advice, thanks though, for the eagle eye!

Dr. Cowden does say to avoid sugar.  However, I don't see where he says to eliminate it. Detox is extremely important, because during treatment your body can get overloaded with the dying bacteria.  

As I wrote above, thankfully, I didn't have a parasite problem (as per Yolanda's foot long parasite).  However, I did have Babesia, a Malaria-like coinfection and was prescribed Mepron (an anti parasitic).  I interpret the above recommendation of cucumber as a natural remedy, which, as the Doctor describes is "effective" but did not use the word "cure" or would "kill" parasites.  I imagine he writes anti-parasitic prescriptions as well.  But since Im not his patient, can't attest to that.

I've gotten well.  And I was simply explaining the correlation of parasites, mercury (and heavy metals), and Lyme Disease. Even the leaky implants play a part because Lyme turns the immunity into overdrive and the body starts attacking itself.  So, silicone would wreak havoc to the already exhausted immunity (in overdrive).  Mine started to attack my thyroid. (hashimoto- very common).  

Again, showing correlation, not trying to cure anyone. 

I have to ask, which came first, LD OR the leaky silicone implant? IMO, the leak my have come first and that would effect any treatment she got for LD which allowed it to worsen. I say this because since the implants were removed and the area effected by the silicone was cleaned, she has made a rapid recovery by her own account, even if she doesn't credit the silicone cleanup as the major factor, IMO, it is.

Also, most posters here, including myself, realize that Yolanda is ill, what we question is what she is doing to herself with all these untested treatments, all the unregulated holistic suppliments/treatments and her now claiming 2 of her 3 children also have NLD and have had them as long as she has, which differs from what we have seen/heard about the kids up until that announcement. JMO

• Love 5

Oh wow, I have the MTHFR mutation. (do you too?) I have two defects that are homogenous. (So, hopefully there are pathways, since I'm not heterogenous). I bet Yolanda does too and that's partly to blame for her difficulty in getting well.

Oh well, you're totally right, I stop myself from getting in depth into the treatment, etc. Boring boring boring! ;-)

Back to Yolanda snark!

I'm compound heterozygous as far as mthfr goes - dealing with genetic issues was key. Like you, I suspect it's an issue for Yolanda - I wrote to her about it, as well as a ditto to her daughters and David but haven't heard from them. It's great that many people with chronic illnesses are figuring this out, but few doctors are up to speed. Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1

If you scroll to the bottom of this link there are a few pictures of David's condo where she now lives.  The article is worth a glance, too. Gag worthy at best. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/yolanda-m-foster/yolanda-ive-learned-to-accept

Yes, truly gag-worthy.  

It certainly seems as though she's trying to raise awareness of Yolanda Foster much more than awareness of Lyme Disease.

• Love 5

And in my mind, that master suite is a total pigsty with used Kleenex's all over the night table and floor,  An unmade bed is surrounded by dirty dishes and  multiple water glasses with only a sip gone   In the corner and hanging on a unused treadmill are  piles of  dirty clothes.     Oh wait, that's my bedroom after a weekend with a cold. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12

Yes, some do not believe that Yo had Lyme.  I do believe she probably did.  I say probably because even her diagnosis didn't come from a traditional Lyme titer test.  It came from a tissue biopsy.  Lyme is not only common in CT, it's common in New England and the Mid Atlantic region.  It's serious - I can't say that enough.  Like Wire has stated, I think the problem is with how Yo has handled it.  And I think it's very wrong for Yo declaring herself the face of Lyme and the organization (sorry, I can't think of the name) that has used her as the face of Lyme.  The treatments she has pursued is not in the best interest of those who have this disease.  Some of them are in the very least, detrimental, and others are downright dangerous.  I also think Yo has used Lyme to promote herself more than a person who is logically battling the disease.  

Her symptoms are more a matter of convenience than real at times.  Her endless instagrams ring shallow.  I could go on and on.  In the end, her story comes across as phony and is a disservice to those who have the disease.  We could have endless debates about on how Lyme does or doesn't affect the body and what one should or shouldn't do, and what is really proven to work and what is quackery.  But in the end, I don't think anyone who has Lyme should do what Yo has done or is doing.  And much of Yo's illness has to do with what she has done to herself rather than the result of Lyme.  I know some will disagree but I can't see how all these treatments and medications could do anything but compromise her health.

• Love 21

She started getting better directly AFTER her leaky silicone implants were removed and the silicone cleaned up, that was in Aug. I just don't see any competent Dr. knowing she has silicone implants to begin with didn't look at them first or at least suggest they might be the "chronic" problem, not LD. Of course they may have told her that and she refused to accept that fact, who knows. I doubt that Yolanda will ever be truthful about all of this, she is too desperate to keep the "victim" status going IMO.

Uh huh.

I definitely believe that silicone meandering about and throughout her system is the main physical culprit NOT Lyme Disease.

Yolanda's sense of Me, Me, Me has been evident since her debut. I never understood the perception of Yolanda as this fair, wise, and no nonsense soul. Never could I understand that.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 13

I'm actually finding Yo's health story interesting. I have a childhood friend who has for years been simultaneously working through Celiac and Lyme. I'm not sure Yo has helped me be more sympathetic but reading here has educated me as to how chronic illness can be overwhelmingly difficult to figure out.

• Love 6

You are good!  Please post links if there are any with photos!  I sleuth real estate all the time.  Nothing wrong with that. Not stalking at all.  Good job.  

• Love 4

Oh poor Yolanda!  Slumming in a luxury condo.  How strange to have her King with that huge painting or whatever that is in his room.  Isn't that the height of narcissism?  

I think she's the BH version of Shannon.  She just doesn't drink and doesn't come off quite as kooky, but she's every bit as kooky with her Munchaussen by Proxy and quacks for hire.  

I just wanted to clarify one thing. I keep seeing people say that Yolanda has Munchausen by Proxy. Munchausen Syndrom is when people use or fake an illness for attention. Munchausen by Proxy is when people use a proxy's  - usually a child or someone dependent upon them - illness to garner attention. They are two different things. I will say that now that we know Yolanda has declared two of her children having the same illness and we know that she packs them baggies full of unnamed supplements, both conditions could apply. But if we are strictly speaking of Yolanda's behavior, the term would simply be Munchausen Syndrome (not that I am diagnosing her with that condition with my arm chair medical degree). 

• Love 14

I just wanted to clarify one thing. I keep seeing people say that Yolanda has Munchausen by Proxy. Munchausen Syndrom is when people use or fake an illness for attention. Munchausen by Proxy is when people use a proxy's  - usually a child or someone dependent upon them - illness to garner attention. They are two different things. I will say that now that we know Yolanda has declared two of her children having the same illness and we know that she packs them baggies full of unnamed supplements, both conditions could apply. But if we are strictly speaking of Yolanda's behavior, the term would simply be Munchausen Syndrome (not that I am diagnosing her with that condition with my arm chair medical degree). 

I used the "by proxy" precisely because she now has lumped her children in with the same illness. But yes, probably the more correct term to talk about Yolanda is the Munchausen.  

• Love 2

Lyme disease can be diagnosed easily.   There is no sure treatment for it but I believe they all do have it.  It is from this point that it all gets crazy.  

On a link somewhere here David was interviewed by who the hell knows, it was brief.  David was asked about the kids having Lyme disease and his answer was yes and he said, Yolanda has that all sewn up.  He clearly wanted to wash his hands of it and not talk about it anymore.  Wise man.   Yeah, I guess she does have it all sewn up.  Not the cure, just how she is going to "help" her children!  HA!  Poor things.  

• Love 2

Yes, truly gag-worthy.

It certainly seems as though she's trying to raise awareness of Yolanda Foster much more than awareness of Lyme Disease.

Without a doubt.

To me, this isn't like the Brooks situation, she's sick. Lyme, Chronic Lyme, Neurological Lyme, busted implants, sketchy meds and vitamins- it doesn't matter. It really doesn't. Yolanda, sick or healthy, is a calculating Bitch. Everything about this woman can be summed up in that picture at the premiere party. Front and center, in a blinding white dress. Look at the way she positioned herself. She made sure she'd command attention in that picture and she looks extremely pleased with herself. The timing of the divorce announcement is suspicious too.

People can defend her and say that she's beaming because she's feeling good enough to join the festivities but I don't think so, because the timing is just so convenient. She knows exactly what she's doing.

Yo's bringing attention to Lyme but she's really more interested in the attention that SHE's getting. She's now more famous than when she was a model (I've never even heard of her before this show anyway).

Blah, blech, ugh. She's as phony as you can get.

• Love 21

Yep, that and 'ol David likes all the attention on him. We all predicted this would happen after we saw what a narcissistic a-hole he turned out to be pretty early on in Yolanda's first season.

They both are narcissistic assholes. He paid for tits, ass and someone to treat him like a king. She signed on for exposure, the musical star & gala shoulder rubbing, and someone capable of keeping her in the manner she had become accustomed to. It's Granny Smith's and Honeycrisp's, different varieties but they are both apples.

He doesn't want to be bothered with the not so nice aspects of marriage and with what we have seen of Yolanda her shit doesn't stink, she doesn't apologize for her own bad behavior but will accuse, nag and belittle any one who doesn't measure up to what she believes she's due. Who's the bigger asshole? Does it really matter?

I miss the refrigerator.

• Love 20

I had posted this link to an article about David Foster's first ex-wife on the last episode thread. I'd thought I'd post it here as well. For those who don't know, David had a child with another woman before his first wife. This is an interesting, and lengthy read about his life prior to making it big. Something he himself mentions he owes to his first wife, BJ Cook. Her life before, during, and after David, is what this article is about. She refers to him as an "asshole" and a guy who only wanted her to be a stay-at-home mom and for her to have lots of children from him. She couldn't handle it. She wanted a career in music. She also had a child from another relationship when she and David married. She and David are friends now. This might be the first insight as to what David is all about, as if we didn't already have a clue. By the way, there was another article I read where his children from his other ex-wife (not Linda) had mentioned how their mother had it a bit financially tough when they were growing up after David and their mother divorced. The article didn't go into that at all, but it made me wonder what had happened since their father by then had money. Was he being a dick to their mother after the divorce? It wouldn't surprise me if he was. Those girls, who are adults now, say their parents have a good relationship now:

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=fa5f674c-32e4-4c02-955c-4043d37e6c45

• Love 4

Uh oh...For a few years, I've been giving serious thought to removing my mercury amalgams.  Only fear and $$$ have made me hesitate.  Doubt it's covered by insurance.  My mouth is all totally metal.  I get nervous everytime I bite hard on something.  I think...Oh shit!  Did I loosen the potentially poisonous filling?!  lol

I also remember breaking an old thermometer when I was a kid of like 5 and used my fingers to play with the mercury. (wow, this stuff won't stay under my finger!)  I'm sure I'm a heavy metal wasteland....ugh...

Now, the other treatments that Yolanda has undergone seem radical.  And like so many have said, she needs to stick to one Doctor (knowledgable in Lyme) and stick with his protocol.  Chasing these treatments all over the world seems ridiculous.  But I must say, I see her as sort of my guiney pig.  Maybe one day, she'll announce that she's healed and the particular treatment that healed her!  Im not holding my breath..  lol

Years ago I was doing a bunch of holistic things driven by probably peri menopause but of course I thought it just had to be something like fibromyalgia. Anyway, I decided to change out my old filling after one was found to be cracked. What I ended up doing was the bottom ones only because those can sometimes be seen when you smile and I also had them do whitening. What happened was my teeth looked great so I felt great and have never bothered to replace the top teeth fillings. Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 3

I do think Yolanda has something pretty serious going on, whether it's Lyme, heavy metal poisoning, depression, silicone leakage or a combination, but I'll be honest, I don't want to have to watch it. This may make me a cold-hearted bitch, but so be it; I do not watch the Housewives to be dragged down into a morass of illness and tears and closets of medications and supplements. I want to see fabulous clothes, vacations, cars and jewelry. If Yolanda can't offer me that, I don't want to watch her segments.

• Love 14

Yolanda having Lyme disease and Yolanda  using it to scream for attention on this show (and social media) can both be true.  

I think she is very sick and I don't have any reason to doubt it's Lyme disease.  But her over the top (in my opinion) behavior about it, including filming this season can still be ridiculous. I mean,  there was absolutely no reason for her receive guests in the bedroom only to go to the living room except to get that crazy medicine closet on TV when Rinna and Eileen walked past it.     Or to show up at Rinna's birthday dinner only to leave after ten minutes when she wasn't the center of attention.  I don't question her decision to have her teeth pulled, but I question the decision to put it on the show and have MyLove come by (and then leave) during it.    To me, behavior like that is either open for snark or too sad to be on this show. 

It doesn't mean she isn't sick, but it does mean she's a major famewhore who has decided to make her illness her identity - at least for the show.  

Yes, all of this.  And most especially the last sentence.  No doubt in my mind that this is exactly what's going on.  And I think those close to her (her kids, her "Health Advocate", David, etc)  know it.  I'm sure Daisy (is that her name?) is laughing all the way to the bank.  Coddling & enabling - nice, easy way to make a living.

eta:  I'm not sure I agree that she's "very" sick.  There's something going on for sure, but I'm not at all convinced that it's "very" anything.  Unless "very famewhore and attention-seeking" is a thing.

Lyme disease can be diagnosed easily.   There is no sure treatment for it but I believe they all do have it.  It is from this point that it all gets crazy.  

On a link somewhere here David was interviewed by who the hell knows, it was brief.  David was asked about the kids having Lyme disease and his answer was yes and he said, Yolanda has that all sewn up.  He clearly wanted to wash his hands of it and not talk about it anymore.  Wise man.   Yeah, I guess she does have it all sewn up.  Not the cure, just how she is going to "help" her children!  HA!  Poor things.  

I wonder how David feels about Yolanda's contention that Bella's DUI was caused by Lyme Disease.  I strongly suspect that he sees it for what it was - a kid driving under the influence.  I'm no David Foster fan, but he doesn't seem to be the type to buy that kind of excuse.  

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 12

I remember David trying to talk to Yolanda about Bella and the source of her issues. He basically implied she was suffering from middle child being ignored syndrome. Yolanda completely dismissed him. One of the rare moments where her "My King is amazing" facade slipped.

• Love 4

I think we all share a horrible chronic illness with Yolanda: It's called aging. And I don't think she can deal with it. I'm about her age, and the face that you see in the mirror is not the same face that you saw at 20, 30, or even 40.

It might suck, but, as the old corny saying goes, it sure beats the alternative!

Men with David Foster and Mohammed Hadid kinds of money can afford to buy younger versions. And they do. End of story.

I think DaveedMyLahv will be YoFo's last big "get," but I'm guessing that she'll be set up pretty well after a successful career fishing for giant catches.

• Love 10

I do think Yolanda has something pretty serious going on, whether it's Lyme, heavy metal poisoning, depression, silicone leakage or a combination, but I'll be honest, I don't want to have to watch it. This may make me a cold-hearted bitch, but so be it; I do not watch the Housewives to be dragged down into a morass of illness and tears and closets of medications and supplements. I want to see fabulous clothes, vacations, cars and jewelry. If Yolanda can't offer me that, I don't want to watch her segments.

Then add me to the list of cold-hearted bitches, because I don't want to watch it either. If she's that sick, she should have taken this season off and focused on getting better. But she didn't. She wants to show off her meds and let us watch her with an IV in her arm. That's someone who craves the attention so badly, she'll do anything to be on TV. Sick is right.

• Love 20

Yolanda was supposed to be only a Friend Of this season.  Why her storyline is garnering so much air time makes you wonder.  They also brought back Kim and Brandi in October. Either the other ladies didn't "bring it" for Bravo's standards, or the other ladies made Yolanda a real storyline.  I don't think Andy wanted to fire Yolanda because he likes her and threw her a friend of status just so she could still film when she was able.

• Love 6

Yolanda was supposed to be only a Friend Of this season.  Why her storyline is garnering so much air time makes you wonder.  They also brought back Kim and Brandi in October. Either the other ladies didn't "bring it" for Bravo's standards, or the other ladies made Yolanda a real storyline.  I don't think Andy wanted to fire Yolanda because he likes her and threw her a friend of status just so she could still film when she was able.

How do you know she was supposed to be FOH? I thought they made those decisions after filming, during editing, particularly for a current cast member?

• Love 1