Type keyword(s) to search

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

Everyone knows Ensley does not have Down syndrome. Posts suggesting that she does will be removed and warnings issued. Posts such as these leave the impression that an arguably unflattering picture could somehow be construed as a child being disabled is considered ableist and is against the rules of the board.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Emkat said:

I wish they would film on The Land. I'm dying to see what kind of shape the house is in now. Wet, moldy, sinking, filthy...that kind of stuff.

Me too. I guess we'll have to wait til the aftermath of whatever grisly apocalypse takes place there and the hazmat team photographs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@MyPeopleAreNordic you and I are of the same mind regarding Barb. I don’t see anyone else- not his father, paternal relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins etc) doing a SINGLE THING to keep him alive much less make his life a full and happy one. So yes I’m team Barb.

I am with you both. And continuing to do the show has helped her support all of the activities she has him in. When Jenelle was talking nonsense in the last episode, you could see Barb felt exasperated but she kept her mouth shut to keep the peace.

• Love 24
On 2/1/2019 at 11:09 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

@Soobs, I'm really sorry that your family has gone through this (and is still going through it).

I totally get what you're saying - having no contact in that situation or doing what Barb is doing....I guess there's plus and minuses to either side.  I tend to think Barb is playing nice with Jenelle and David so she can see her other grandkids, try to be a positive influence of some kind/set up where they know her if they need help/etc, and as a subtle reminder that she's "on Jenelle's side" no matter what and would be there if Jenelle left David/would help Jenelle leave.  Yet by doing so, she's also exposing Jace to them more and is kind of "enabling" them.

You're absolutely right that there's no good choices here and I can't say which choice is or isn't "better." I don't certainly don't envy Barb being in this position.  :( 

And I'm still TeamBarb because it's so complicated & I'm not sure how it would be best to navigate it, especially given the example like what you wrote about your sister and her kids.  And also because I do think Jace would be dead if Jenelle and her soulmates had raised him (neglect or hurt by a boyfriend) as an infant or he'd be in the foster care system.  I think Barb's (even with Jenelle & company around) is still a better option than the system, given what I've heard from people who lived in foster care.  Being TeamBarb doesn't mean I think she's perfect, but she's still done a hell of a lot for Jace as a single grandmother in her 60s who worked a full-time minimum wage job, previously escaped a DV situation, has another child with schizophrenia, etc (and she's also done a lot for Jenelle when she was in between boyfriends).  She did more for Jace than many people would have done in her situation and more for him than his mother ever did.  Since Jenelle wouldn't put him up for adoption as an infant (even though Barb suggested it), he was going to end up dead or in foster care where Jenelle's parental rights would take forever to be terminated (if at all). Also, the court mandated that Jace spend time with Jenelle and the courts/CPS have basically no Fs to give about the drugs and guns at the land, so Barb's hands are tied as far as Jace seeing Jenelle at the swamp.  That probably won't change despite what Jenelle and company do since it's so hard for parents to lose custody of their kids, etc.  Barb may feel like they will treat Jace better if she's nicer to them, since they probably know Jace's allegiances are to his real mom (Barb).  It may make it easier on Jace when he's at the swamp for his mom to be on good terms with his birthmother and stepdad so they don't take any of their anger out on him.  

Barb is far from perfect, but she stepped up to the plate for him when his mother (and father & father's side of the family) would not. So, still TeamBarb over here. Sorry, ya'll.

I agree! And I'm happy to acknowledge that barb has faults, and snark on her. It's not like another cast member who rhymes with Kelsey, where liking her often means a joke about her is off-limits. Both women are polarizing, but I don't know anyone on Team Barb who doesn't think she has real faults. I think barb has messed up, but she started way behind the starting block in many ways, from how her upbringing likely was (she got the yelling from somewhere), her abusive marriage, her lack of formal education or job skills, her short fuse and few coping mechanisms (whether it's nature or nurture), not having the resources to seek knowledge about parenting and setting boundaries, as well as just happening to have mentally ill kids (and I count Jenelle as mentally ill, because she seems to have no emotions except pity for herself). Barb could have lucked out and married a saint of a man, and had wonderful, well-adjusted children, and people today would be singing her praises. Unfortunately, everything in her life has seemed difficult, and she's worked hard to overcome her challenges. She reminds me a lot of myself my first year of teaching, where i wasn't prepared to deal with so many difficult situations, and has to react to everything instead of anticipating situations and setting appropriate boundaries. I just feel uncomfortable blaming her for her bad start in life; plus, it seems like she never, ever got a break from trying situations either. For instance, she should be enjoying her retirement right now with mike, who likely wouldn't have left without the Jenelle / Jace situation, but instead she's raising Jace and coping with the laaaand situation, and Colin. That's just too much stress. My mom is about her age, and is enjoying being an empty nester while volunteering and living a relatively stress free life. Barb has just never had good luck, but the reasons I like her are 1) that she works her butt off to make the best of her situation, and 2) she seems to have a sense of right and wrong, and always strives to do the right thing. 

• Love 15
On 2/1/2019 at 6:37 AM, TeenMom69 said:

That is a doomsday prep of sorts. It tells us their plan is to rob and kill others who have supplies.

I'm beginning to think that UBT is sort of hoping for a Ruby Ridge/Waco/die-in-a-blaze-of-glory-fighting-the-Man thing, except that he'll win and survive because of his amazingness and his gun collection.  Taunting the Secret Service to stay off his land because he's got a gun is not a very wise thing to do.  Lord knows he waves that gun around, I'm sure to compensate for his micropenis.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 2/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, druzy said:

So that's where Jace's Adderall is going 🤬- to a coward who needs to wear his gun while slicing garlic

So...what was the purpose of posting this clip?  I don't understand.

Is she maybe trying to get him in trouble on 'accident'?  Not that it would, this douche slips through the cracks at every turn.  Or is she trying to show off the gun.  I know I have to have a firearm on me when I slice veggies.  Lots of ninja's in my neighborhood breaking in and taking advantage of my distraction.

Edited by eskimo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, eskimo said:

So...what was the purpose of posting this clip?  I don't understand.

I posted it because last season Jace was missing some of his Adderall when he came back from The Land. UBT says he shouldn't have taken the Adderall because he was shaking in the clip. I doubt that UBT has a prescription for Adderall so I think he is the one taking Jace's Adderall. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, druzy said:

I posted it because last season Jace was missing some of his Adderall when he came back from The Land. UBT says he shouldn't have taken the Adderall because he was shaking in the clip. I doubt that UBT has a prescription for Adderall so I think he is the one taking Jace's Adderall. 

No, I meant why did Jenelle post it.

• Love 7
Just now, eskimo said:

No, I meant why did Jenelle post it.

It was part of her Instagram Story. She wanted to show everyone that UBT is a great husband because he chops garlic. I think she didn't realize what he said until someone posted it on Twitter because she deleted it soon after.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, druzy said:

It was part of her Instagram Story. She wanted to show everyone that UBT is a great husband because he chops garlic. I think she didn't realize what he said until someone posted it on Twitter because she deleted it soon after.

That sounds about right.  She's always talking about how great and 'hands-on' he is.  We know he's hands-on, Jenelle.  There are bruises as proof.  But he cooks so he just must be a good guy.  She is just not on this planet.

Edited by eskimo
double post
  • Love 19

He cooks because he likes to eat. Janelle probably only consumes the barest minimum calories required of herself to breathe through a bong while in a seated position. Men are different and NEED 5x the amount of calories and UBT is a tall guy. Without Janelle he would be picking chicken wings out of a restaurant dumpster so I'm sure he's more than willing to swipe her credit card at the grocery store and cook up his favorite foods himself. Good thing too, because it means the kids are getting fed his scraps at least.

Edited by TeenMom69
spelling
  • Love 16
On 2/2/2019 at 6:25 PM, druzy said:

So that's where Jace's Adderall is going 🤬- to a coward who needs to wear his gun while slicing garlic

For someone who's amassed an arsenal of weapons, it made me laugh pretty hard that the the knife he's using to "slice" the garlic is about as dull as the two of them. 

12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

For someone who's amassed an arsenal of weapons, it made me laugh pretty hard that the the knife he's using to "slice" the garlic is about as dull as the two of them. 

Upside down and dull to boot. So I guess it doesn't really matter which way he held it...

• Love 3

Watching him bludgeon the garlic with that glorified paring knife is laughable. Don’t blame the Adderall swamp donkey, I can still properly use a knife when geeked up. I love that they’re too dumb to not incriminate themselves on social media. I enjoy their misfortune. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
On 2/1/2019 at 3:59 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t see anyone else- not his father, paternal relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins etc) doing a SINGLE THING to keep him alive much less make his life a full and happy one.

This is an excellent point.  Jace had at least six adults in his life when he was born.  Barb was the only one who stepped in when Jace’s mom and dad effectively abandoned him.  And, later when Jace had MTV $$$ tied to him it would make being Jace’s guardian attractive to even those that didn’t care about him as a little boy, but still no one else wanted him enough to clean up their act and take over from Barb.  Overall a super sad situation.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I just nearly cried reading this. I’m not in my 60s (mid 30s) but I’ve had a trying life and no matter what I do I can’t seem to have a stress free existence but I still strive to do what’s right versus what is wrong. 2018 was a HORRIBLE year for my family, but you putting barbs life into perspective for me told me I need to just keep fighting through. However, does that mean I won’t see any peace soon, not even in my 60s????

Sorry guys. 😔 In a bad spot right now and need some positive vibes sent my families way. I cleaned out our nearest healing crystal shop hoping to make some luck happen. 

TeamBarb!

Sending positive vibes to you!  What's that saying - when going through hell, keep going!

I feel like Barb is doing the best she can with what she knows.  From an outsider's perspective, I see her doing some things wrong but I can't judge her.

• Love 13
On 1/31/2019 at 10:11 AM, SheTalksShit said:

I think Kail's being a drama queen by refusing to film. Like come on now, surely she doesn't really think Babs drunkenly joking about killing her is a serious threat to her well-being?

Of course it's not, because Barb never follows through on threats. 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:09 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Barb is far from perfect, but she stepped up to the plate for him when his mother (and father & father's side of the family) would not. So, still TeamBarb over here. Sorry, ya'll.

To me, if you can't swim, you shouldn't be the one to jump in the lake to rescue a drowning person.  First of all, you're going to perform very poorly at the task you've taken on.  And second, other people will think it's being handled, and won't step in themselves.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I just nearly cried reading this. I’m not in my 60s (mid 30s) but I’ve had a trying life and no matter what I do I can’t seem to have a stress free existence but I still strive to do what’s right versus what is wrong. 2018 was a HORRIBLE year for my family, but you putting barbs life into perspective for me told me I need to just keep fighting through. However, does that mean I won’t see any peace soon, not even in my 60s????

Sorry guys. 😔 In a bad spot right now and need some positive vibes sent my families way. I cleaned out our nearest healing crystal shop hoping to make some luck happen. 

TeamBarb!

Awwwww hugs!!! Sending good vibes your way. You absolutely will not end up like barb in your sixties, because you are only 30 and are already trying to turn things around! Barb still had at least a decade or two in an abusive marriage in front of her at your age. You will overcome this!!! Good vibes. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Awwwww hugs!!! Sending good vibes your way. You absolutely will not end up like barb in your sixties, because you are only 30 and are already trying to turn things around! Barb still had at least a decade or two in an abusive marriage in front of her at your age. You will overcome this!!! Good vibes. 

Hugs to you! And you will NOT be Barb, not to worry. One of the KEY differences in your favour is that you are self aware and generally aware. That goes a long way. You will be fine.

• Love 9
On 2/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, Christina87 said:

I agree! And I'm happy to acknowledge that barb has faults, and snark on her. It's not like another cast member who rhymes with Kelsey, where liking her often means a joke about her is off-limits. Both women are polarizing, but I don't know anyone on Team Barb who doesn't think she has real faults. I think barb has messed up, but she started way behind the starting block in many ways, from how her upbringing likely was (she got the yelling from somewhere), her abusive marriage, her lack of formal education or job skills, her short fuse and few coping mechanisms (whether it's nature or nurture), not having the resources to seek knowledge about parenting and setting boundaries, as well as just happening to have mentally ill kids (and I count Jenelle as mentally ill, because she seems to have no emotions except pity for herself). Barb could have lucked out and married a saint of a man, and had wonderful, well-adjusted children, and people today would be singing her praises. Unfortunately, everything in her life has seemed difficult, and she's worked hard to overcome her challenges. She reminds me a lot of myself my first year of teaching, where i wasn't prepared to deal with so many difficult situations, and has to react to everything instead of anticipating situations and setting appropriate boundaries. I just feel uncomfortable blaming her for her bad start in life; plus, it seems like she never, ever got a break from trying situations either. For instance, she should be enjoying her retirement right now with mike, who likely wouldn't have left without the Jenelle / Jace situation, but instead she's raising Jace and coping with the laaaand situation, and Colin. That's just too much stress. My mom is about her age, and is enjoying being an empty nester while volunteering and living a relatively stress free life. Barb has just never had good luck, but the reasons I like her are 1) that she works her butt off to make the best of her situation, and 2) she seems to have a sense of right and wrong, and always strives to do the right thing. 

This is true, I agree with you, but to be fair, she CHOSE to take custody of Jace, she could have just as easily decided she wanted to put him up for adoption as a baby, etc. So if Mike left because of that, that's on her. 

I do like Barb and wish her well, I just don't necessarily trust her intentions are what she says they are anymore. I do worry that she's gonna end up being lonely when Jace becomes a teenager and isn't home much. IDK. But then again, Babs seems very social/outgoing, so I'm sure she'll find a way to make friends even when the MTV producers are gone and Jace no longer spends much time with her. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 1

@SheTalksShit Barb never had, and does not have the legal right to place Jace for adoption. Jenelle and Andrew’s parental rights have not been terminated. 

Barb taking custody of Jace did not terminate Jenelle and Andrew’s parental rights, hence why Jenelle was able to sing the song about “getting Jace back” all these years. It’s very very difficult to have someone’s parental rights terminated unless they willingly relinquish them, which Barb did suggest during Jenelle’s pregnancy and Jace’s infancy and Jenelle refused out of spite. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@SheTalksShit Barb never had, and does not have the legal right to place Jace for adoption. Jenelle and Andrew’s parental rights have not been terminated. 

Barb taking custody of Jace did not terminate Jenelle and Andrew’s parental rights, hence why Jenelle was able to sing the song about “getting Jace back” all these years. It’s very very difficult to have someone’s parental rights terminated unless they willingly relinquish them, which Barb did suggest during Jenelle’s pregnancy and Jace’s infancy and Jenelle refused out of spite. 

I wish there could be a big banner that airs this before every Jenelle segment on the show so her "fans" know the reality of the situation (not saying anyone here. is a fan--just what I see on other social media). So many times I've seen posts on Jenelle's social media about Barb "taking Jace away" from her. Janelle chose to leave Jace with Barb. Even when she was living with Barb, Jenelle would just leave the house while Barb would yell "take care of ya kid!" as the door slammed behind her. Jenelle figured her mother was home, so why shouldn't she be able to go out and party? Barb was put in the situation of having to care for Jace by Jenelle and Andrew.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Please tell me this is not a typo! 😆

• Love 2
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Please tell me this is not a typo! 😆

I re-read my post several times and no it wasn’t a typo. 

Jenelle did “sing the song about getting Jace back”. “I’m gonna get Jace back/do da/do da/ I’m gonna get Jace back/ da do da day.....GIVE ME BACK MY SON” for years she did this. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I re-read my post several times and no it wasn’t a typo. 

Jenelle did “sing the song about getting Jace back”. “I’m gonna get Jace back/do da/do da/ I’m gonna get Jace back/ da do da day.....GIVE ME BACK MY SON” for years she did this. 

Oh- I thought you were talking about Andrew's rap song! Sometimes I literally need things to be spelled out for me.

Edited by druzy
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I gotcha. Well look, I’m rooting for Barb, I want things to turn out well for her on all fronts. I just thought her buddying up with Nathan was weird and out of character for her, that’s all. 

Everyone on the show’s gotten kinda weird, tho, honestly. I suppose when you’re filming constantly and your life is constantly on TV and everyone knows who you are, even the most grounded ppl are eventually gonna get caught up. Whatever. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

Wait - what?  Higher altitude causes her stomach to "blow up"?  I'm not all sciencey or anything but that seems unlikely.

giphy.gif

Maybe you're seeing molecules and that's causing you to have trouble understanding. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
46 minutes ago, druzy said:

If you click on the tweet it will show screenshots of Jenelle saying she almost died on a plane.

There is NO PLANE that's going to allow ANYONE to "lay on the floor" for any reason. My god.

1 hour ago, druzy said:

If you click on the tweet it will show screenshots of Jenelle saying she almost died on a plane.

Quit fucking with me Janelle and die already!!  I’ve got the champagne in the fridge and the FAMILY VAN gassed up to celebrate with my fellow PTVers!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Almost died how?

I'm guessing Drug Withdrawal. You throw up a lot and it feels like you're dying. This trip duration exceeds her fix cycle time. Doesn't David usually drive her cross country for this reason?

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Now call me stupid but no matter what plane or altitude she was flying at don't they pressurize the cabin at close to sea level so people do not pass out and die due to lack of oxygen so why does her stomach not blow up due to pressure while she is on the ground, I can only conclude that Janelle's stomach must be magical to know the difference or she is full of shit once again.

Edited by crazychicken
  • LOL 6
  • Love 17

Yesterday someone tweeted that her husband was a photographer at the "fashion show" that Jenelle and Ensley walked in. She said Jenelle's agent hired a security guard and photographers and had Jenelle make a big entrance. When Jenelle walked into the venue all the photographers crowded around her and screamed her name and said Jenelle we love you while her security guard kept the photographers at arms length! Unfortunately for Jenelle she shares an agent with Teresa Giudice and other D list reality stars who attended so immediately after her entrance the photographers and security guard dumped her and made the same entrance with Teresa. 🤣

Edited by druzy
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7

Juhnelle: “ ok no more pitchers?” 

Why would anyone have Juhnelle & Lurch have anything to do with their product? 

It also just feeds into their “we famous” bullshit.  Oh you’re famous alright...FOR BEING TRAINWRECKS!!!! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8