Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Vanderpump: Pink is her Favorite Color

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, smores said:

I have mixed feelings about this.  While I think it would be kinder to spare LVP people being assholes to her while she's grieving the loss of her mother, on the other hand, that's also protecting the people who had absolutely no compassion for her while she was grieving the loss of her brother and struggling with it.  She's been open about how hard it was for her to deal with his loss and how she should have taken the year off from the show to recover.  They didn't give her an inch and instead ganged up and demanded that she bend to THEIR "truth"  Well, why give them the cover now? If they went through with the reunion sticking to their take down, then let it all out, show them for who they are.  Don't give the bitches the chance to pull back their words now, so they can cluck about their care and concern when they didn't have it last year.

I want them to show their real selves but once they do, have Andy cut them off at the knees and say "We're done! Lisa isn't here to defend herself so we aren't going to beat a dead horse." 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sunshine23 said:

I want them to show their real selves but once they do, have Andy cut them off at the knees and say "We're done! Lisa isn't here to defend herself so we aren't going to beat a dead horse." 

This would be ideal.  Also have Andy ask them the real questions about proof and stuff.  Like since ROL has come out and said it wasn't LVP how were they SO sure? They said they had proof it WAS her, but then it was just "well, she said the word nipped and the article said nipped" so, case closed! Yeah, not quite.  And ask Teddi how it was that she KNOWS LVP was making her do it when she didn't even discuss it with LVP? And why she would even be willing to do it?  Oh and Dorit, exactly what IS the name of the woman who you gave the dog to?

• Love 19

No offense to LVP fans, but, Lisa claims she did not watch the last episode of RHOBH, but her people did and gave her the synopsis. Even though she is in London for her mom’s funeral- I cannot believe she would not watch it. No one has that much willpower!! 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

No offense to LVP fans, but, Lisa claims she did not watch the last episode of RHOBH, but her people did and gave her the synopsis. Even though she is in London for her mom’s funeral- I cannot believe she would not watch it. No one has that much willpower!! 

I’m not saying I don’t believe her, but I don’t get how she has that much willpower either. If I were her and had too much going on to watch the night the episode aired, I’d definitely want to watch at some point only to know all that was said about me. 

I am also curious how much Andy will grill the ladies for not believing Lisa and if he’ll bring up Radar saying Lisa has never given them a story. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

My world stopped when I lost my Mum, and I'm sure others who've been through this have experienced that same disconnect. 

I’m very sorry Walnutqueen. I haven’t lost a parent, but I know I wouldn’t handle it well. Losing a loved one has to be one of the hardest things to ever go through. 

• Love 8

I don't like LVP but I don't have a difficult time believing she didn't watch the episode. One, because yes, she is grieving her mother but also two, because if the rupture with the show is painful for her, I can imagine it would be difficult to watch.

But I also have no doubt that she has minions who are keeping track of what happened in the episode and will watch the reunions, too.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't like LVP but I don't have a difficult time believing she didn't watch the episode. One, because yes, she is grieving her mother but also two, because if the rupture with the show is painful for her, I can imagine it would be difficult to watch.

But I also have no doubt that she has minions who are keeping track of what happened in the episode and will watch the reunions, too.

Yes that's what I think - she might even have some sort of public relations person going through things for her and letting her know what to say about certain things?   Maybe I'm being OTT though.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Thank you, @RealHousewife.  I didn't mention it to garner sympathy, but to point out that when you lose the one person in the world who has known you since conception, other matters don't really matter much.  Even when we are old, and the loss is expected, it can be a crushing blow.  The notion that LVP couldn't resist watching an episode of RHoBH at the time of her Mum's funeral is a bit much, for me.

Lisa's world has been rocked, and not in a good way, by the loss of her brother and her mother, in short order.  I would certainly not be able to hold it together nearly as well as she seems to, much less rally and sally forth.  But then, I'm a total basket case, with only my critters and my PTV friends to keep me on track!  ;~)

Oh I didn't take it that way at all, and I totally understand. :) My mother was devastated when grandfather passed. He was elderly and had been sick, and she was still shocked. It took her 2-3 years for her to get to a place where she could talk more than a sentence or two about him without crying. 

I haven't experienced a loss like it, but I don't think I'd be able to hold it together well either. I think you seem so lovely and definitely not a basket case, just human. :)

I hope I didn't sound as though I'd expect Lisa to be glued to the TV when she's grieving and such an incredibly busy woman on top of that. I just know I'd want to see what's been said on national TV at some point, even if it's much later on down the line. I thought the same about the other episodes. Even if I thought they were all a bunch of bitches, I'd be so curious to know what said bitches said about me! I wouldn't have the willpower to not watch. I would at least hate watch!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Even if I thought they were all a bunch of bitches, I'd be so curious to know what said bitches said about me! I wouldn't have the willpower to not watch. I would at least hate watch!

So would I ... eventually.  :~D

Because I am, like everyone else, an imperfect human being.  HEE!

Now, pull up your snarky panties and cyst and decease with all this misplaced lurve.  

Stiff upper lip and some British potty humor is in order.  STAT!

(I'll settle for Ken nestling a sleepy puppy inside his shirt, because I'm a sucker for that shite)

Gah - I just realized no LVP at the reunion means no Ken & Co bringing out adorable puppies for everyone to cuddle at the end of it all.  Quelle domage.  :~(

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

@walnutqueen From what I remember reading I think that Andy is taping a short piece with LVP to be aired during the reunion although I agree. It will be sad not to see puppies, or swans anymore. 

Hanky and Panky will be missed.  Whichever one that tried to take out Kyle this season will have a special place in my heart.

• LOL 5
  • Love 19
21 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

@walnutqueen From what I remember reading I think that Andy is taping a short piece with LVP to be aired during the reunion although I agree. It will be sad not to see puppies, or swans anymore. 

No puppies, no swans, but Satan Andy?  Pass.

2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Hanky and Panky will be missed.  Whichever one that tried to take out Kyle this season will have a special place in my heart.

Hanky and Panky will be sorely missed by me.  Whichever one that tried to take out Kyle this season will have a special place in my heart always and foreverI fucking LOVE those bitchy swans!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, TVFANNO1 said:

Yes that's what I think - she might even have some sort of public relations person going through things for her and letting her know what to say about certain things?   Maybe I'm being OTT though.

I'm in public relations - she's 100 percent has a PR person monitoring the episodes, even if she herself isn't watching. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4

Not trying to poke the bear but...If I was at my Mother’s funeral I might be asking about my furry family, but not those people who I once shared a show with. She is probably upset enough without adding the other Howives nonsense into her life right now. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Seriously. If I could have brought my  cat to MY Mother's funeral, I would have. I needed all the support I could find!  Tiger, however, would have not been a happy camper.  He helped when I got home that day. And all the horrible days later for a while.

Edited by goofygirl
can I type???
  • Love 12

I know Lisa really just needs a breather for now and might return to RH someday.

Does anyone else kind of wish she had her own show though? I try getting into VP Rules now and then, but it’s just not my cup of tea. I want more Lisa, less “chuckleheads.” 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Does anyone else kind of wish she had her own show though? I try getting into VP Rules now and then, but it’s just not my cup of tea. I want more Lisa, less “chuckleheads.” 

She needs a show like that Hollywood Medium guy. We can call it “Hollywood Puppeteer” where Lisa manipulates Hollywood celebrities like puppets to do things they really don’t want to do. She can get Russell Brand to shave and get a haircut, Countess Luann to stop singing, Roseanne to stop tweeting and Alyssa Milano to shut up! 

The possibilities are endless.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I know Lisa really just needs a breather for now and might return to RH someday.

I mean, I find Lisa and her life - I don't find animals that interesting - extremely boring, so that's not a show I would watch. But I certainly think that for her fans, a show of that nature would be nice.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

If LVP has enough fans to carry a show where it's just her (I'm not sure in what capacity this would really be done) then I guess that would be great for her to get their dose of her. Reality TV is often premised with the expectation of drama and snark...that's just what it's grown into and I can't imagine a show where she wouldn't be required to either be a part of the drama or around the drama. I personally wouldn't watch it unless I liked the premise of it. I don't like anyone enough in the reality tv world to watch a show just for them.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I would love this, not saying I would watch it, but I would love it just because you know it would really piss off the other women. Like if they just gave a limited-episode special like they've done for Kandy or Portia, or even Bethenny, imagine the number of BH HoWives whose heads would explode. Because you just know Erika is dying for something like that around one of her performances and we know Kyle has been thirsting for something where she is the center of attention from the beginning. 

• Love 12

I'd like to see a mini series of specials.  

Vanderpump does Europe!

She takes us on a tour of Europe, while staying in lux hotels.

But it's probably too much for Ken and too long to be away from the furrys.

• Love 7

LVP thought they were better friends.  She expressed that she was disappointed in the minimal effort Erika made in her condolences and instead of hearing that and explaining she was at a loss for words, didn't know what to say, had a hard time finding the right line between condescending and truly sorry....Erika snidely told her she was sorry she felt that way - which let's be honest - is a slap in the face when you're already upset.  

Sorry, this is clipped from the episode thread. I didn't want to go too far off topic there. 

I agree that LVP thought they were better friends. I disagree that she was passing judgment on Erika's efforts. I truly think she was caught off guard because Rinna was stirring shit up and LVP tried to change the subject. I think it's why LVP apologized the second she realized that Erika was upset.

Even without the other women going in on her, it was obvious that LVP was different this season. She was a ton more vulnerable and truly apologetic to Erika in that scene than anyone else on the show has ever been to her. 

• Love 20
7 hours ago, langford peel said:

We can call it “Hollywood Puppeteer”

and "the dunces who fall for it every single time!"  Seriously though, there's a fair amount of manipulation by most all of the women.  Rinna guides a conversation the way she wants it to go and then gets someone all riled up about nothing.  I've seen it many times with her.  She's made statements about situations in which she was not part of.  The ladies listen to one argument and think that's correct, then they listen to another side and rethink the first argument.  Most of them simply can't think or stand up for themselves.  The blame is solely on them for allowing themselves to be a puppet.  They know how this show works.  They should've rewatched all of the seasons before coming onto the show. I have no sympathy for them in this regard. 

Personally, I don't think LVP is all that bad.  She does a lot of good in her community and abroad.  I wish her all the best.  I will miss seeing her home and all of the sweet animals that have found refuge there.  Hankey & Pankey standing sentry are the best!!

• Love 23

Ya know, I don't like LVP for this main reason:

She has taken her fight with Kyle out on the other women and basically abandoned them. Most of these women didn't deserve that. Was Kyle wrong to go after LVP like she did? I think so, it was a bit of an attack without much evidence. I can understand LVP being deep hurt by it, but to take it out on most of the group? Just, no. It's Kyle and Lisa's fight and it's not right to abandon all your friends because they are friends with the person you're at odds with. 

So the other women are what, guilty by association with Kyle? Is LVP angry because they stopped running after her?  Either way, the show will go on without her. Honestly, this was my favorite season so far because the women seemed to bond more (minus the common, snarky denominator that is LVP). 

After a time, if you abandon a friendship and keep walking, you're going to be let go. They won't keep chasing you. Friendship isn't one sided, LVP. 

• Love 4

The other women are the ones who pushed Kyle to talk to LVP to tell her they all thought she was lying about planting the puppy dumping story, and to demand she confess and apologize.  And that is what Kyle started out saying.  Only after LVP asked her if she believed LVP was lying did LVP tell her their friendship was done.  But LVP is mad at all of them, not just Kyle, because they think she's lying, so she isn't taking her issues with Kyle out on them.  She's taking her issues with them out on them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
54 minutes ago, izabella said:

The other women are the ones who pushed Kyle to talk to LVP to tell her they all thought she was lying about planting the puppy dumping story, and to demand she confess and apologize.  And that is what Kyle started out saying.  Only after LVP asked her if she believed LVP was lying did LVP tell her their friendship was done.  But LVP is mad at all of them, not just Kyle, because they think she's lying, so she isn't taking her issues with Kyle out on them.  She's taking her issues with them out on them.

Geez I forgot about that! That does change things. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:36 AM, RealHousewife said:

I 100% respect this. Especially because when VPR started, I thought it was going to be horrific. 

Now: 7 seasons in. I have semi-withdrawls when it's not on. I follow most of the cast on social. And I flipped out when I saw castmembers Katie and Schwartz on Hollywood Boulevard. 

But the best part is the boards. Come visit us! We have cookies! And GIFs! 

• Love 8

What has been bothering me ever since the confrontation scene w/Kyle & LVP:  When Kyle came to her door, LVP got this huge smile on her face and then started running/skipping to answer the door.  LVP was so glad to see her, then.......

• Love 4
(edited)

My non-RHoBH dream job for LVP  - give the woman a show on Turner Classics presenting her favourite films, with a six degrees of separation theme ("When I was twelve, I was in "Touch of Class" with Glenda Jackson, who worked with Peter Finch in "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" - and he stars in tonight's classic offering, "Network". For the record, I too, am mad as hell. After the movie, we'll be back with my pups and tonight's guest, Lady Gaga.") Show it on a Sunday and I'd DVR it and watch same night.  Throw in LVP re-enacting scenes ("Miss Scarlett O'Hara needed to learn one thing: never give a man the upper hand. They much prefer the lower one.") and it becomes a live watch.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

While I am sorry for the losses that Lisa had had to go through recently, I am glad I won’t have to watch her on RHOBH anymore. She had a few funny moments but really wasn’t any fun, I couldn’t relate to her on any level, and I had never heard of her before RHOBH.

The last half of the season with no LVP was much better than the first half, so I’m looking forward to the next season without her. Although, with my RH luck, she probably will return sometime down the road.

• Love 5

I'd be good with that vacation idea every quarter. I'd still get a gander at her pets and estate while going somewhere great. I'll miss her but I'm done with BH anyway. For me it just doesn't seem like BH anymore. 

Kyle walked into her home as a representative. Dorit has never taken the heat for the original sin. I don't blame her a bit for walking away. 

I don't know if that diamond will ever shine as bright as it did in the earlier seasons.   

• Love 14
4 hours ago, link417 said:

While I am sorry for the losses that Lisa had had to go through recently, I am glad I won’t have to watch her on RHOBH anymore. She had a few funny moments but really wasn’t any fun, I couldn’t relate to her on any level, and I had never heard of her before RHOBH.

The last half of the season with no LVP was much better than the first half, so I’m looking forward to the next season without her. Although, with my RH luck, she probably will return sometime down the road.

I do think LVP will be back.  Her popularity has everything to do with 'this' show.  She doesn't carry VR.  The chuckle heads do.  The show is about them.  Not LVP.  She's just the rainbow sprinkles on the cookie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2019 at 11:36 AM, RealHousewife said:

I'm the opposite - I could watch the "chuckleheads" without her condescending snottiness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/13/2019 at 11:38 PM, ivygirl said:

I 100% respect this. Especially because when VPR started, I thought it was going to be horrific. 

Now: 7 seasons in. I have semi-withdrawls when it's not on. I follow most of the cast on social. And I flipped out when I saw castmembers Katie and Schwartz on Hollywood Boulevard. 

But the best part is the boards. Come visit us! We have cookies! And GIFs! 

I need to at least check the boards out, especially since you guys seem fun. :) I do like cookies and GIFs!!! 

Also curious, do have a favorite cast member? I need at least one likable person! When I did watch the show, there wasn't a woman I was inspired by, a man who was my type who I'd at least drool over, or anyone who made me laugh tbh. I actually got into Jersey Shore despite its absurdity because the guys were funny, and the cast was SO different from me and anyone in my circle. VP Rules is full of people who are around my age and still have that typical high school/early 20's type of drama. 

2 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm the opposite - I could watch the "chuckleheads" without her condescending snottiness.

And which one is your fave chucklehead to watch? 😀

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I need to at least check the boards out, especially since you guys seem fun. 🙂 I do like cookies and GIFs!!! 

Also curious, do have a favorite cast member? I need at least one likable person! When I did watch the show, there wasn't a woman I was inspired by, a man who was my type who I'd at least drool over, or anyone who made me laugh tbh. I actually got into Jersey Shore despite its absurdity because the guys were funny, and the cast was SO different from me and anyone in my circle. VP Rules is full of people who are around my age and still have that typical high school/early 20's type of drama. 

I think it’s a lot like the Housewives—you’ll get a lot of different answers about who’s fun to watch and who’s horrible. Some love Sandoval because his OTT dedication to style and his own “uniqueness” can be funny; others find him to be a hypocritical phony. Same with Schwartz—he has a puppy dog appeal to some, while others find him immature and irresponsible. Some get a kick out of Kristin while others get frustrated because she’s so CONSTANTLY over the top and—as the kids say—extra, *especially* when she’s getting her nose into others’ business. And on and on. 

I hold the unpopular opinion of liking Katie—I have a soft spot for her, and I can’t really articulate why.

And I call Ariana “Grumpy Cat.”

On VPR Lisa really is the Grande Dame—and conflict arises when people don’t kiss her ring—but the lion’s share of the drama is around the “staff.” It did take me a few episodes to really get into the show—I didn’t love it right away—but really, they’re all such characters, I just eventually got sucked in. It’s like RHONY where they really DO have history and interact outside the show—which makes interlopers like James and Raquel stand out even more. Most of the setups are less contrived than, say, that stupid lunch at the end of the RHOBH finale.

I’d love to see RHOBH have a few triads of people who legitimately know one another. Even if they brought back Joyce, and brought in one more ally for LVP, that would make things more tolerable than what is apparently on deck next season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I think it’s a lot like the Housewives—you’ll get a lot of different answers about who’s fun to watch and who’s horrible. Some love Sandoval because his OTT dedication to style and his own “uniqueness” can be funny; others find him to be a hypocritical phony. Same with Schwartz—he has a puppy dog appeal to some, while others find him immature and irresponsible. Some get a kick out of Kristin while others get frustrated because she’s so CONSTANTLY over the top and—as the kids say—extra, *especially* when she’s getting her nose into others’ business. And on and on. 

I hold the unpopular opinion of liking Katie—I have a soft spot for her, and I can’t really articulate why.

And I call Ariana “Grumpy Cat.”

On VPR Lisa really is the Grande Dame—and conflict arises when people don’t kiss her ring—but the lion’s share of the drama is around the “staff.” It did take me a few episodes to really get into the show—I didn’t love it right away—but really, they’re all such characters, I just eventually got sucked in. It’s like RHONY where they really DO have history and interact outside the show—which makes interlopers like James and Raquel stand out even more. Most of the setups are less contrived than, say, that stupid lunch at the end of the RHOBH finale.

I’d love to see RHOBH have a few triads of people who legitimately know one another. Even if they brought back Joyce, and brought in one more ally for LVP, that would make things more tolerable than what is apparently on deck next season.

Interesting! Sounds kind of like Shahs. The cast members aren’t the most like-able. Some of them are downright cruel to their so-called best friends. However they too are such characters and go back many years. So the drama is more interesting than two housewives who are only coworkers or work friends at best getting into it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Interesting! Sounds kind of like Shahs. The cast members aren’t the most like-able. Some of them are downright cruel to their so-called best friends. However they too are such characters and go back many years. So the drama is more interesting than two housewives who are only coworkers or work friends at best getting into it. 

Yes very much so! However... At this point I find them a little more likeable than the Shahs, which I stopped watching due to their nastiness to each other 😉 I’d say the VPR crew has more fun together. LVP chose the chuckleheads well... at least for this purpose!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Yes very much so! However... At this point I find them a little more likeable than the Shahs, which I stopped watching due to their nastiness to each other 😉 I’d say the VPR crew has more fun together. LVP chose the chuckleheads well... at least for this purpose!

She’s definitely a savvy business woman!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I need to at least check the boards out, especially since you guys seem fun. 🙂 I do like cookies and GIFs!!! 

They're all just horrible people but I confess that I don't really hate any of them (except maybe Jax and Brittany - I come closest with them because he's just a sociopath and she's a big faker.). I like Tom Sandoval and James cracks me up because he has some of the British wit LVP tries to lay claim to.

Lisa is interesting to watch on the show - she loves to put them down or speak dismissively to them, and make "nuts" and "balls" jokes to her male employees all the time.  Unlike the BH ladies they just put up with it, but they give her a lot of subtle shade in their THs that she is not clever enough to get, and that amuses me too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

8/18/2019 1 star

Husband and I had reservations at Nobu and decided to stop in here for a drink before seeing they had a lot of open tables and no one in line (monday night at around 730pm) security asked us how many and then asked to check our ID. After checking mine then my husbands he proceeded to question the authenticity of my husband's ID, why there is an address change (sticker in the back) but no other paperwork to validate it. He then goes on saying it's not a valid driver's license because of this
Oh hello!?!?! Didnt know this bouncer was more qualified than AIRPORT TSA. Like oh I'm sorry my "INVALID" DRIVERS LICENSE LET ME TRAVEL BUT ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YO SNOOTY BAR...bitch bye. How insulting...you're the fucking bouncer, just say you don't want to let us in?!?! What a pathetic excuse. Im more than happy to spend my money elsewhere.

Never again when we're in vegas.

8/17/2019 1 star

Come here with very low expectations. I'm a Los Angeles native and often go to Tom Tom, Pump, and SUR and I have to say this was not up to the standards of those restaurants. We didn't have to wait to get a table but boy did our waitress make us wait to place a drink order. When we were finally able to flag her down she informed us that they stopped serving signature drinks at 10 and we could only order well drinks which is super unfortunate bc #1 were in Vegas and they didn't close until midnight and #2 I love trying all of the crazy vanderpump drink concoctions.

We ordered a round of waters and two margaritas which totaled $90. Our waitress literally charged us $10 a water and when I questioned our bill she said, " I saw your LV and thought you wanted still water, next time ask for tap water." I wanted to report my experience to a manager on duty but I doubt they'd care seeing how they run this place.

8/12/2019 Updated review 2 stars

Let me start by saying I'm a huge LVP fan!! I went to the cocktail garden and we walked up to a huge line- there was only about five tables sat.
When asked about the open tables, we were told they were still learning and didn't want to overwhelm staff. I'm posting photos of how empty it was.
We were quoted 10 minutes, it ended up being closer to 45.

The food inside was not great. I got the grilled cheese and it wasn't good. The goat cheese balls that I've heard so much about were better, but still not delicious.
I got the lychee cocktail which was good- it had beautiful flower petals in it!

My friend who came along doesn't drink but still wanted to see the place- they told her they had nothing but cocktails to drink or water ?! She asked for coffee, tea, juice they said no- which was very strange.

The decorations are pretty!
Music was not good either it was like jazz. Not a great vibe, wanted something sexy or cool playing
I just felt very underwhelmed after leaving which was a bummer because I love LVP.
Once we got the bill I was even more underwhelmed too.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/19/2019 at 5:10 AM, Hiyo said:

LVP's tagline for her final season should have been "Throw me to the wolves, and I'll run away with my tail between my legs".

My choice for LVP's final tagline:  "In Beverly Hills, dogs are known for their loyalty...except for this pack of bitches."

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 14
  • Love 7