Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Vanderpump: Pink is her Favorite Color

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

On the east coast liquor stores are considered "essential" we even have Curbside liquor pick/up

They are consider essential in Georgia also, which is ironic because when I moved to metro Atlanta in 1995 buying hard liquor seemed to be classified as a “sin” as huge as the “sin” of strip bars. We could only buy hard liquor from package stores (that is still the case) that were dark and forbidding (now they are well lit and huge) and we couldn’t buy alcohol on Sundays (that only changed a few years ago). I don’t think we have curbside pick up at package stores, but I know we do at Joann Fabrics because I send my hubby there at least twicE as week (stuck at home because I am high risk).

Right now you can even order cocktails with your to go order from restaurants- wow, what a huge difference demographic changes and time can make in terms of me being able to get my adult beverage of preference 😁

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

They are consider essential in Georgia also, which is ironic because when I moved to metro Atlanta in 1995 buying hard liquor seemed to be classified as a “sin” as huge as the “sin” of strip bars. We could only buy hard liquor from package stores (that is still the case) that were dark and forbidding (now they are well lit and huge) and we couldn’t buy alcohol on Sundays (that only changed a few years ago). I don’t think we have curbside pick up at package stores, but I know we do at Joann Fabrics because I send my hubby there at least twicE as week (stuck at home because I am high risk).

Right now you can even order cocktails with your to go order from restaurants- wow, what a huge difference demographic changes and time can make in terms of me being able to get my adult beverage of preference 😁

Stats Queen:

I remember a time when you couldn't buy liquor on Sundays too. I also remember when they finally lifted that mandate - you could buy liquor from a 7/11 like beer after 12:00 PM on Sundays.

Funny true story. Grocery store shopping has been a nightmare in my neck of the woods. You wait on line for up to an 1 1/2 just to get in and then there is nothing on the shelves. Forget about those weekly flyers - they are useless nothing is there. The one section that I never have problems with is the produce section. Why - because most people don't know how to cook. Give someone a head of brocolli and they'll look at it like it's an alien life form. But the frozen food aisle with brocolli in nukeable steam bags - those are GONE.

Anyhoo - I wanted to make chicken picata and I needed lemons. I go to the store and not one lemon not even any limes which I could have used as a substitute. So I decided to make roast chicken instead. It wasn't until I was on my way home that I realized it's not that all the lemons and limes were sold out because people know how to cook dishes with them. It's because what people do know how to make are MIXED alcoholic drinks using lemons and limes.

7 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

It's less about attitudes changing and more about hospitals not wanting to be overwhelmed by alcoholics in withdrawal during a pandemic. 

Agreed Door County Cherry!

That's what happened in NY. The hospitals were so overwhelmed by COVID patients there weren't enough beds. All bars are shut down. I don't know what the EMT's, police force or the hospitals would have done if they had to deal with people in the throes of alcohol withdrawal on top of everything else.

Sorry - this is the LVP thread. I know I rag on LVP and Ken quite a bit - I don't like them much. But I do think they make great TV and I do hope their businesses survive and I do hope they are healthy and their pets are okay.

• Love 8
On 4/27/2020 at 11:37 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Anyhoo - I wanted to make chicken picata and I needed lemons. I go to the store and not one lemon not even any limes which I could have used as a substitute. So I decided to make roast chicken instead. It wasn't until I was on my way home that I realized it's not that all the lemons and limes were sold out because people know how to cook dishes with them. It's because what people do know how to make are MIXED alcoholic drinks using lemons and limes.

Well, I admit to us buying limes for our gin and tonics. However, we buy lots of produce and hubby says there is plenty of it. (I’m stuck at home).

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

How many of you think she's watching the show? lol

Watching it, no.

Reading headlines/articles/SM about it and laughing, yes.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

‘Course she is - as a narcissist, she imagines every conversation will/should be about her. Plus, she needs to know who to punish.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 5/21/2020 at 1:53 PM, RealHousewife said:

On 5/21/2020 at 1:58 PM, Hiyo said:

Would she admit to it if she was?

Well I mean, people are still talking about her so...

• Love 5

Well I mean, people are still talking about her so...

Not sure what that has to do with her still watching and admitting to watching it if she was...

• Love 2
On 5/21/2020 at 8:50 PM, nexxie said:

‘Course she is - as a narcissist, she imagines every conversation will/should be about her. Plus, she needs to know who to punish.

Agreed - but she will never, ever, ever admit to it 😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

She was passionate about the show, and it was a huge part of her life for a decade. Even she was too hurt by the women to want anything to do with them, I think it would be natural to have some curiosity as to how it's going the first season without her there. I could see her in quarantine and thinking, what the heck, Ken let's sit down and watch. lol 

• Love 7

I could see her in quarantine and thinking, what the heck, Ken let's sit down and watch

I wonder how many times she would say "Goodbye Kyle" while watching...it might be a reflex action.

• LOL 3

I think with what is going on she has better things to do then watch these dumb bitches. As much as she loves animals she doesn’t have a dog in this fight.

She will find out everything she needs to know through social media. No need to watch it when there are reruns of Silk Stalkings available.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think with what is going on she has better things to do then watch these dumb bitches. As much as she loves animals she doesn’t have a dog in this fight.

She will find out everything she needs to know through social media. No need to watch it when there are reruns of Silk Stalkings available.

LOL did you just throw shade at Vanderpump's acting career? I googled that, and I must say, she was quite the baddie in Silk Stalkings. Totally beautiful. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

LVP has better things to do than watching this nonsense.

I will note that she is referenced in every episode.

Why can’t these losers move on?

I just want her to be watching for her own amusement at seeing Kyle getting her just desserts.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I think Kyle's body is pretty good for her age and height.

I googled that, and I must say, she was quite the baddie in Silk Stalkings. Totally beautiful. 

Yeah, but nothing will top this performance:

• Love 4
Just now, Hiyo said:

I think Kyle's body is pretty good for her age and height.

Yeah, but nothing will top this performance:

It’s true.

Hobbits do age gracefully.

It’s just that her vile personality is leeching out into her appearance. That’s why Maugreasio has to be high all the time/

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

If you saw Vyle in her workout gear she is getting a lot of desserts. Just sayn’

The longer you carry your menopause weight gain the harder it is to lose it.

Magic 8 Ball says "And she's short and stumpy to begin with."

• LOL 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

She was passionate about the show, and it was a huge part of her life for a decade. Even she was too hurt by the women to want anything to do with them, I think it would be natural to have some curiosity as to how it's going the first season without her there. I could see her in quarantine and thinking, what the heck, Ken let's sit down and watch. lol 

Totally agree. It would make me smile to know she sometimes watches this shit show in her gorgeous home, sipping on a giant glass of rose whilst noshing on pink cupcakes!

5 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Indeed, but she sort of has a dog in this fight, it's name is Dorit, and it's a whiny little bitch.

Seriously though, I think LVP has plenty of real work - aka not vanity projects funded by her hubby - that she's plenty busy with that and the train wreck that is VRs. She never needed this show to begin with, and she was the only one who didn't need it, and hence walked away. The Ho's that have real money and real jobs can walk away, like Adrienne Malouf.

As for her watching, I hope she is, and I hope she's laughing and laughing and laughing at Vyle getting her just desserts with this stellar editing job! Vyle Kyle wanted to be the queen bee, so fine, now she's got alllll the shit that comes with it.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 11

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills alum Lisa Vanderpump commented after Kyle Richards posted about her beefs with costars Garcelle Beauvais, Denise Richards, Erika Jayne and Dorit Kemsley.

“Trying to think of one time anyone defended me,” the former child star, 51, tweeted on Wednesday, May 20, as the drama played out on the latest episode of the Bravo hit. “Like maybe now would be a good time [Lisa] Rinna #rhobh.”

“Errr you did have a very good friend @LisaVanderpump but when she was mourning and going through a difficult time you all turned on her like a pack of wolves…….” a fan replied.

“True dat,” the restaurateur, 59, responded in a comment captured by Bravosnarkside on Instagram.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/lisa-vanderpump-weighs-in-on-kyle-richards-drama-with-costars/

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

She never needed this show to begin with, and she was the only one who didn't need it, and hence walked away.

She kind of did...it's good marketing for her restaurants, and she wouldn't have gotten her spin-off show as well without it...which also helps market her restaurants.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Mar said:

I’m not sure where to post this, but my first thought is how much this must be enraging Lisa Rinna 🤣😂

550F74BE-C112-423B-88D2-0EBE31E057DD.jpeg

LVP lives rent free in Rinna's head (and it has to be crowded because I think Sarah Paulson is also there under LVP's skin).

Google has story blurbs and Rinna targets LVP often.  When Villa Blanca closed, Rinna had a picture of her photoshopped, running by it.  

Hey.  LVP got a company to put a show on featuring dogs.  And Rinna?  Head exploding......

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

So Cedric did an interview about LVP and Ken which basically stated his last straw was being asked to eat the staff meals at one of their restaurants. Okay, I totally believe (not) that he gave up a free house in Beverly Hills because of that and Ken and Lisa didn't kick him out. Lol. On the other hand, I can't remember the reasons they gave for kicking him out, but I'm sure they were shady. Everything about that relationship/friendship was off. Too much of a power differencial.

He claimed that Ken was a huge cheater and liked to visit prostitutes, which I can see. He also claimed Lisa had a big makeout session with the Captain of their yacht, which I can also see.

What I don't understand is why these people think it would matter. I don't watch the Real Housewives for their morality and their actions didn't hurt anyone else. They didn't fake cancer and run a scam. They didn't try to destroy someone elses marriage, they didnt accuse someone of wanting to slip another person a mickey to rape them. I really don't care, as long as no one else is damaged what people do in their private lives. High stakes stuff, not a supposed planted article about dog placement. Last year and this year the coven failed to understand this. I will turn on liking someone on a dime if I perceive them as being a bully. See Slurinda and the last two years.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

I suppose they just think it would matter because that's not what they want people knowing about them.  Ken is to be madly in love with Lisa, who allows him into her vault once a year on his birthday 🙄. Frankly if any of those things ARE true they'd be way more interesting than the dog story 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, princelina said:

I suppose they just think it would matter because that's not what they want people knowing about them.  Ken is to be madly in love with Lisa, who allows him into her vault once a year on his birthday 🙄. Frankly if any of those things ARE true they'd be way more interesting than the dog story 😄 

Don’t forget Christmas!

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I do believe she only puts out once or twice a year though. 😆

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I think there is a genuine love and warmth between the two of them.  Maybe they strayed, who knows.

But I bet Lisa puts out for Ken more times per year then Ericka does for Tom......

• LOL 12
  • Love 9

Truly, when ISN'T she being sued!

Wasnt there an explosive diarrhea situation with a customer?  Who blamed the food and sued.  Was that resolved?  Or still waiting?  Or did it even happen?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 8/7/2020 at 8:18 PM, dosodog said:

Truly, when ISN'T she being sued!

Wasnt there an explosive diarrhea situation with a customer?  Who blamed the food and sued.  Was that resolved?  Or still waiting?  Or did it even happen?

This is her employees and her not paying for their overtime

• Useful 2
39 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

This is her employees and her not paying for their overtime

That's the usual lawsuit for the Vanderpump restaurants.  No overtime and unpaid.

One of the cast members, I think the Unpopular Dana, came out and said the employee who filed the lawsuit is full of it and that Dana was repeatedly reprimanding her for showing up late and not doing her job.

I'll try to find the link later.  I have entirely way too much time on my hands during the pandemic!

Here it is!

https://theblast.com/c/vanderpump-rules-danica-dow-breaks-silence-defends-lisa-vanderpump-lawsuit-restraining-order-twitter

Edited by dosodog
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, dosodog said:

That's the usual lawsuit for the Vanderpump restaurants.  No overtime and unpaid.

One of the cast members, I think the Unpopular Dana, came out and said the employee who filed the lawsuit is full of it and that Dana was repeatedly reprimanding her for showing up late and not doing her job.

I'll try to find the link later.  I have entirely way too much time on my hands during the pandemic!

For some reason this brings to mind that Seinfeld episode where George was up against an Andrea Doria survivor for an apartment. George learns that the final sinking death toll was around a hundred and, unimpressed, wonders what the usual death toll is on any cruise. 😉

Lisa has a lot of employees, so I wonder what the usual lawsuit rate is for teevee show hopeful type restaurant employees  😉 (mostly)

Edited by Jel
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I am now going into a book site I subscribe to and finding books to read but organizing them by genre and sub genre. Meanwhile my house is a pit.

LVPs brand doesn't really do it for me so I'm not excited for myself about her new endeavors, but I am happy for those who like her, the fact that Rinna and Kyle both will be eaten up with jealousy is a big cherry on top.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Jel said:

For some reason this brings to mind that Seinfeld episode where George was up against an Andrea Doria survivor for an apartment. George learns that the final sinking death toll was around a hundred and, unimpressed, wonders what the usual death toll is on any cruise

Old man- We had to abandon ship!

George (condescendingly)- Well, all cruises have to end eventually.

Never present an opening to quote Seinfeld. I could do it all day.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1