Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Maybe Ana/newnate.

who's threatening Mariah?

Can Gloria come back?

Will nuAdam throw in with Jaack - watch out ASH-OLE?

I keep expecting another thing where someone tries to kill someone and gets someone else. Tessa for Mariah or Lola?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DivaT said:

Ana is definitely the prettiest on the show by a bug margin.

Does this mean Christine is the only one who comes close? 🙂

10 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Ashley really sucks for stealing Ted.

Oh good, maybe Gloria is finally over her cold!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Maybe Ana/newnate.

who's threatening Mariah?

Can Gloria come back?

Will nuAdam throw in with Jaack - watch out ASH-OLE?

I keep expecting another thing where someone tries to kill someone and gets someone else. Tessa for Mariah or Lola?

Mia stabs Dummer, mistaking her for Lola and Lola gets blamed?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

That knife will be used to filet someone who is on their way out -- Arturrrrro? Tessa?  Mia?  (bonus points if Mia's fetus is saved and gets transplanted).

I say Summer does it to herself to frame her.

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

I say Summer does it to herself to frame her.

I can dig it and yet it'd be making Summer Kyle's Patty.

It's funny, Jack never really saw Phyllis in her crazy heyday with gunning for Paul and Christine; he saw the woman who lost her son and so was a bit tempered by the consequences of her actions.

Meanwhile Kyle is getting a taste of early Phyllis in the form of Summer where girlfriend is doing everything she can to snag her 'Danny' away from Christine (Lola).

• Love 14
20 hours ago, DivaT said:

Ana is definitely the prettiest on the show by a bug margin. Its so odd to me that she doesn't have a love interest. 

She is ridiculously pretty. I thought she and Fen or Kyle would be cute. It’s silly a girl w that bone structure, skin, dazzling smile and kind heart won’t have guys going after her instead of Dummer. Not only is she gorgeous but she has a work ethic and doesn’t judge family or friends for being on a higher level financially or being broke or a fuckup and is supporting each the same emotionally and financially. 

• Love 18
On 4/20/2019 at 4:57 AM, ByTor said:

Does this mean Christine is the only one who comes close? 🙂

Oh good, maybe Gloria is finally over her cold!

Christine is pretty too. All the women are gorgeous. 

• Love 3

I know I’ve asked this before but is there a purpose for having Phyllis, Summer, and Mia play different hair colors and ages of the same person. I mean, one is too many. 

I think it’s been drilled in my head by this Neopolitan ive cream hydra demon: you’re so underrated/slighted, the men who are repulsed by you really want to fuck you, all the women are jealous or can’t measure up, you’re super intimidating no one should fuck w you, being friendless and career in a dumpster while boasting that you’re great 😂 literally telling men they love or desire you while they grimace like they smell burning hair, ect

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I know I’ve asked this before but is there a purpose for having Phyllis, Summer, and Mia play different hair colors and ages of the same person. I mean, one is too many. 

I think it’s been drilled in my head by this Neopolitan ive cream hydra demon: you’re so underrated/slighted, the men who are repulsed by you really want to fuck you, all the women are jealous or can’t measure up, you’re super intimidating no one should fuck w you, being friendless and career in a dumpster while boasting that you’re great 😂 literally telling men they love or desire you while they grimace like they smell burning hair, ect

One for every demographic?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Brought to you by the....The tiny voice inside Dummer/Phyls head

• LOL 9
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

is there a purpose for having Phyllis, Summer, and Mia play different hair colors and ages of the same person.

I feel like Mia is in a category of her own.  But as soon as I typed these words, I realized Phyllis is in the same category.  So, Dummer is not quite there.

Mia, at the opening of Society, was a piece of work.  I was trying to have an open mind, and think, is she trying to do an Erica Kane?  Or, any number of just shady ladies in any film noir movie I ever saw?  

But, no, she is just awful.

I had mixed feelings about Hilary and her machinations, but somehow, I always still kind of liked her, if not rooted for her.  But I really dislike Mia.

• Love 9

Aw, Devon finds Neil (apparently having laid down for a nap and then dying). It’s so sad, but happens at the end of the episode which means I sat through a pile of junk, including:

Cane telling Lily that if she gives him another chance he will never let her down again

Victor coming home and Victoria demanding answers with Billy egging her on

Summer realizing that Kyle doesn’t love her but loves Lola, who is leaving the show so does that mean that Kyle can go with her please.

Abby’s lame-o restaurant makes me miss Gloworm.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, catalogrrr said:

Aw, Devon finds Neil (apparently having laid down for a nap and then dying). It’s so sad, but happens at the end of the episode which means I sat through a pile of junk, including:

Cane telling Lily that if she gives him another chance he will never let her down again

Victor coming home and Victoria demanding answers with Billy egging her on

Summer realizing that Kyle doesn’t love her but loves Lola, who is leaving the show so does that mean that Kyle can go with her please.

Abby’s lame-o restaurant makes me miss Gloworm.

Lola isn’t leaving the show. The actress who plays Mia is leaving.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Victor walking into Victoria's house without even knocking is odious.  

Well, he did have cameras secretly recording her.  Too bad he never had one in the bedroom, then he could have had JT's assault and Drinki's bonk all on camera.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Oops. My bad. Thanks for the clarification.

i don’t watch as regularly any more and don’t really know who is who. Isn’t Lola part of the family that is eating the show? 

All of this to say that Neil’s death is sad and I’m tuning back in for that.

• Love 7

I really liked the way they handled Devon finding Neil and then going to Society to tell Lily et al.  But I did wonder about the paramedics etc.  Did he call them or just leave dead Neil in bed and go to the restaurant?  That seemed odd but I guess it was for effect.

I didn't really get Dummer's outrage in that she pretty much blackmailed Kyle into marriage and knew that he loved Lola.  Having said that, Kyle is a doofus if he thinks they will end as friends.  Dummer did mention consequences, and I think we have an idea what she means.  Lola, hide the knife.

• Love 17

I thought it was nicely done with the silence and lip reading at the end.

That being said, I couldn't figure out why Neil would leave his clothes and take a nap at Devon's when the penthouse he owns is right across the hall!

BUT, shame on you GLOBALTV for the insensitivity of running an ad for their show Mary Kills People (which centres on a doctor assisting people with suicide) right after Devon leaves the apartment having found Neil.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, luv2lurk said:

I thought it was nicely done with the silence and lip reading at the end.

That being said, I couldn't figure out why Neil would leave his clothes and take a nap at Devon's when the penthouse he owns is right across the hall!

BUT, shame on you GLOBALTV for the insensitivity of running an ad for their show Mary Kills People (which centres on a doctor assisting people with suicide) right after Devon leaves the apartment having found Neil.

I also noticed the bad placement of that promo. I was not necessarily expecting some sort of PSA or in memorium at the end of this specific episode, but also would not have been surprised, which is why it caught my attention 😕

• Love 5
7 hours ago, luv2lurk said:

I know, right? 😡

• Love 7

I’m going to save this week’s episodes to watch in one go on the weekend. Alone. With a box of Kleenex.

Just too sad for words. 

Good on Kyle for at least being honest. I’m impressed show took this route. I think he’s trash of course but Summer was playing a gross game so....

I just wasn’t here for him pretending to be “committed” to her while cheating with Saint Lola.

I’d be surprised if it’s over. Wonder if she turns up pregnant? (If she does I don’t see the baby being born.) Lola’s line about Kyle not realizing his feelings for Summer were for a reason. As were her references to her dad checking out when her mom was pregnant with her.

And of course the knife....

hmmmm

Edited by miamama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Gam2 said:
19 hours ago, catalogrrr said:

Awww crap, just as I was getting my hopes up.

• LOL 8

Today's episode was really well done and sad. I loved everyone reminiscing about Neil and everyone did a wonderful job. I also really liked the scene between Jack and Victor and how sad Victor was about Neil's death. It's nice to see Victor display some actual human emotion other than anger. 

Mariah looked super pretty today, too. And I thought Tessa's song was lovely. She needs to stop singing on her fire escape though and annoying the neighbours. 

CK did a wonderful job acting wise as did the actor who plays Devon. Cane just continues to creep me out. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, jewel21 said:

CK did a wonderful job acting wise as did the actor who plays Devon. Cane just continues to creep me out. 

ICAM.  Get this guy out of GC, STAT!

It was definitely a teary episode for me.  I tried to do other things whilst watching, but I still cried.  It is so clear the actors are responding to KSJ's death as well.  Very heartbreaking.

It appears that Ash and Jack are declaring a truce, after they talked about the troubled relationship between Neil and Malcolm.  I hope this is true, but with this new Ash, I am not sure.  Kudos to ED who as Ash looked not great, she looked like a person actually grieving.

Lily and Devon are heartbreaking.  Lily's realization that her killing Hilary may have led to the stress that killed her dad was tragic.  This is sadly what families do when loved ones die.  They blame themselves or each other.  Both actors were awesome today.

I was so happy we had NuNate, cause OldNate might have made me crash my TV.  NuNate has a better way of delivering the exact same lines.

Eric Braeden, I believe, was grieving as himself for KSJ.  But he is still an asshole how he treats Drinki.  My Baby, and all that, with no honesty about what he has been up to.

I felt really sad for Mattie and Charlie.

I liked Tessa's song.

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Lesley and Sophia are at the funeral. Even though the Neil/Sophia/Malcolm storyline was ridiculous, I always liked her character.

And Moses was there too!

Malcolm and Sophia had a thing, right?  Behind Neil's back?

Phyllis and Malcolm had their moment.  She was all, poor me, and then she said today wasn't about her!  I liked how they had her sitting in the corner.

The seating was interesting with Nate, Ash, Sophia and Moses seated together, opposite of Lily, Devon and Malcolm.  Vic was with Billy and Jill, I believe.

I thought everyone did very well, especially CK.  You could see that everyone was struggling, including those with no lines today.

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, bannana said:

Malcolm and Sophia had a thing, right?  Behind Neil's back?

i think sophia and malcom were engaged when she first came to gc...neil was the interloper..i hated darius mccrary as malcom...

hmmm, didn't she also work for tucker?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Wow! From Wikipedia:

In 1994, Bill Bell had Malcolm walk into Drucilla's bedroom after she had taken prescription drugs. Fully understanding the drugs she had taken caused her to believe him to be her husband, Malcolm chose to take advantage of the situation and rape her, leaving Dru pregnant. While both her and Malcolm were unsure of the baby's paternity, Neil believed he was the father. Bell chose not to follow up on this plot point, leaving it unresolved until 2005 when then-Executive Producer, John F. Smith, revealed Malcolm as the father.

I did not know any of this. 😳

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

And Moses was there too!

I thought everyone did very well, especially CK.  You could see that everyone was struggling, including those with no lines today.

Goddamn Victor made me cry...I was sort of overflowing all episode, and then right at the end when Devon and Lily were standing there looking at Neil’s portrait, 😭😭😭

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Yes, that was a long-standing mystery. Bill Bell really knew how to get the most out of a storyline.

It was also disgusting and tarnished Malcolm's character for no reason. It made him a rapist out of the blue.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It was also disgusting and tarnished Malcolm's character for no reason. It made him a rapist out of the blue.

Yet its never acknowledged as rape even though it should've been. It was rewritten as a ONS so I cringed when Neil was mad at Dru over it granted he had a right to be mad but Dru really thought she was with Neil.

• Love 6

Man, this episode was emotional. I enjoyed everyone speaking about Neil but I thought the actor playing Devon did a really good job. Devon signing "I love you" to Neil made me choke up. Also, CK made me cry, which I was not expecting. I totally believed her being Neil's grieving daughter. It was nice to see Lesley, Jill, Malcolm, Sofia and Moses. I wonder why Paul wasn't there? Was DD unavailable for some reason?

It was also nice to see Victor show some emotion. You can tell EB is still so affected by KSJ's death. So sad. 

Is the next episode the special or is there another episode revolving around Neil?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The rest of the week is devoted to Neil and there will be an hour long tribute to KSJ on Monday with the actors (not characters)

Actually, I think the tribute for Neil/KSJ is Monday in the U.S. so should be Friday for Canadians

Edited by luv2lurk
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, luv2lurk said:

Actually, I think the tribute for Neil/KSJ is Monday in the U.S. so should be Friday for Canadians

Yes, I think that is correct, it should be on the 29th in the U.S. so it will be Friday for us.

• Love 6