Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bannana said:

Today's episode was epic, in so many ways, so am crawling out of my sickbed to do a bannanacap. 🤧

Rey Rey is at the PCPD (today was the first time I noticed their big sign inside the squad room!).  Cricket arrives and informs him that the Gof3 had their convictions overturned because of the whole JT is alive thing.  As to the other charges, Cricket says she advocated for a suspended sentence due to the GCPD and DA looking stupid.  So they all got off with a suspended sentence and are free to go home.  Cricket just wants to move on!  Rey Rey is pleased and tells Cricket that he takes full responsibility for his part in building a flimsy case without a body. A clearly pissed off Paulie shows up and finds it odd that Rey Rey is focussed on the case they built and not on the crimes he committed in helping three convicted felons escape from custody.  Rey Rey says he takes full responsibility and Paulie cuts him off.  I have a feeling Doug Davidson is enjoying this scene very much.

Abby is at Dark Horse waiting for news from the courthouse.  Arturrro arrives and tells her he needs to confess to her.  Rut roh.  Also, weird timing, Arturrro.

Victoria is home from the courthouse, dressed very fashionably btw, excited to see her kids, but the house is empty.

Prick and Drinki arrive home and revel in the fact that Drinki is home even though she doesn't recognize this house at all.

Sharon arrives home and Mariah has stocked the fridge and bought her bath salts.  Mariah is a good daughter.  Nick arrives and says they should celebrate.

Billy arrives at Vic's house with the kids and two lousy mylar balloons but Vic is not there.  What, he couldn't hang a welcome home banner?  I guess he didn't want to get their hopes up but he could have made it himself.  😁   

Meanwhile, Vic is at the hospital checking on JT who is unconscious in what I believe is Lola's room.  Where is she?!  I think it is also the same room where he tried to kill Prick!

Prick and Drinki coo at each other and contribute to my ill health.  Drinki frets about fragile Vic.  Prick promises that JT will never hurt anyone again.  Prick says he has a surprise for Drinki.  Let me guess, some expensive jewellery?

Paulie unloads on Rey Rey because he says he brought him to GC to find JT.  Instead of doing that, Rey Rey opened a murder investigation, made false arrests, told a suspect that he loves her, and went rogue and enlisted two colleagues to aid him.  Rey Rey wants to explain (really, that description Paul gave is pretty bang on).  Paulie says forget it, he got the two cops two flip, they told him the whole story, how Rey Rey coerced them because they were crooked.  He tells Rey Rey they are now in jail.  Rey Rey is distressed and says it should all be on him.  Paulie points out that Nick, Billy and Prick were involved and he wants to know who started this insane rescue mission.  Rey Rey says it was all  him.  Paulie doubts that Rey Rey is tight with Smilin' Jack Abbott.  Hah!  Rey Rey then says he arranged for the GIRLS to escape.  WTF, GIRLS?  Paulie points out that there could have been an explosion and people could have died, and Rey Rey protests that he didn't anticipate the gas leak.  Paulie screeches that he didn't anticipate anything!  He tells him he is fired, and he is lucky that is all he is doing to him.  😮

At the hospital Nate explains to Vic that JT had a benign tumour and that they removed it.  It could have been there for years.   And in less than 30 seconds it is established that the tumah made him do it!  Nate explains it could have changed his behaviour, caused mood swings and violence.  

At Dark Horse, Abby hears the good news from Nick.  Abby tells Arturrro that his brother is a genius.  Hah!  Arturrro tells Abby he slept with Mia.😮 

Rey Rey arrives home with a file box in his hands.  Mia is packing and then pours on the guilt about having to schlepp her baby's stroller up and down the stairs if she has to live elsewhere.  Wait a minute, she would have to do that if she stayed in the apt.  He tells her he will get her a ground floor place with a yard.  He tells her he has been fired and she asks if they found out he was covering for her about bonking and nearly killing Lola.  Oh yeah, wait till Paulie finds out about that morsel!  He tells her no, it's confidential police stuff.  She asks if it is something to do with Sharon, and he says, yes, everything to do with Sharon.

Sharon, Nick and Mariah are sharing a pizza and Sharon says that is all she wants.  Her priority is her family and her home.  Mariah tells her mom she will stay over tonight, and then she heads off to work, while Nick and Sharon enjoy their pizza.

JT wakes up and he tells Vic he is sorry.  He knows about the tumour, and he knows what he did, he remembers.  He tells her before he came back, he was already broken and he thought being with Vic would fix him.  She says he said terrible things to her and he says it was all his fault and Drinki did the right thing that night, he deserved to die.  Vic says he didn't deserve to die, his kids didn't want him to die.  She asks him why he didn't realize, why he didn't get help.  Wait a minute, Vic, if you guys had just called 911, they would have looked at his head and found the tumah.  And the whole awful year wouldn't have happened.  Poor Reid.

Sharon thanks Nick for saving her life.  Nick says the plan didn't go the way it was supposed to.  Ya think?  He praises Rey Rey who put his career on the line.  He tells Sharon that Rey Rey did everything because he really does love Sharon.  She wonders how she can thank someone for risking everything to give her her life back.

Mia is incensed now and says that Sharon lied to him everyday and he risked everything for her. She asks her husband if Sharon is worth that much to him, more than his job, more than his marriage?  And he responds, yeah. 😁  Rey Rey tells Mia he can never be with her again.  She is livid and snidely thanks him for his honesty and says she has some for him.  She tells him she had sex with Arturrro.

Meanwhile Arturrro is trying to explain having sex with Mia, and that it meant nothing.  Abby realizes it was the night of JT's memorial service, just weeks ago.  She recalls that he told her that he loved her the next morning.  She reams him out.  He knew what she had been through before, and he promised that he would never lie to her.

Vic revisits all of JT's awful behaviour and blames herself for not realizing that he needed help beyond therapy.  He says it wasn't her fault, he knew something was wrong and he ignored it.  With Mac and with Vic.  JT worries about what Reed must think about his dad.  He says he will explain it all to Reed that it wasn't Prick or Drinki's fault, it was his.  Vic tells him that she is free now but that JT has a warrant out for his arrest.  JT says that in spite of his brain tumour he knows he is responsible for almost killing Prick and endangering them at the cabin.  Billy arrives and sees Vic talking to JT, and he looks worried.  JT hopes that someday Vic will be able to forgive him.  She says they have all changed and there is no going back.  She says because of Reed she can never hate  him, but she can't forget either.  She is emotional and leaves.  She sees Billy and is irked that he is there, and he says he brought the kids home and she wasn't there.  He wants to know what happened with JT and she rushes out, saying she can't deal with this now.

Arturrro chases Abby down the hallway at DH, pleading for her to hear him out, and she gets in the elevator and leaves.  Mia is relishing telling Rey Rey about her and Arturrro but he cuts her off and says he is not surprised.  He says, this is what she does, she is never happy unless she is going after something else.  She blames him for being in love with Sharon.  He says he never slept with Sharon.  She asks him, why not, does he respect her too much?  She slags Sharon, and Rey Rey says all this time she was saying she wanted their family back together but she really wanted Arturrro.  Mia proudly says: and he wanted me.  He angrily says that Arturrro risked everything to roll around with her and that is the part she loves.  Mia says he cannot judge her after giving up everything for another woman, including their child.  As she goes to leave the apt he asks her if the baby is even his.  Hey, not so dumb after all, Rey Rey. 🙃 She flounces out saying he shouldn't pretend to care.

Okay, I am unclear as to where Abby found a large hammer in an office building parkade, but my fave part is that she has her purse hanging around her neck like a bib, all the better to smash Arturrro's very large pick-up truck without purse interference.

Vic is at home with her kids happily reuniting.  Johnnie wants to know if she brought presents, since she was supposedly on a business trip.  Billy is there and he looks concerned, rather than happy.   

Nick tells Sharon he is going to leave so she can get ready to have the evening with her two girls.  Sharon asks if he is going to see Phyllis.  He says he is done with her, and lists all the reasons why she is an unappealing person.  Nick and Sharon say they are good with each other, but just as exes.

Arturrro finds Abby smashing his truck and tries to stop her and tells her he loves her.  She tosses the hammer and tells him to stay away.  Just as she leaves, Rey Rey shows up and punches Arturrro in the face and says that he heard about him and Mia.  So Arturrro is nursing his wounds leaning against his smashed up pick-up truck.

Prick presents Drinki with an expensive necklace and she says:  oh, Victor!  They joke about her being a hardened criminal.  They canoodle and say nothing will ever come between them again. 🤮

Billy tells Vic that the kids are occupied watching TV.  She seems annoyed and wants to know why he came to the house, why he followed her home.  He says he is there for support and for the kids.  She is angry that he decided for her and tells him to go.  He leaves.  Hey, maybe Vic has a tumah she should get checked out. 🙃

Cricket is visiting JT and tells him once he is recovered he will be charged with the attempted murder of Prick.  JT says nothing.  She sighs, and says that Paul loves him, he is like family.  JT says there is nothing left to say, whatever happens now, he deserves it.

Abby is at the GCAC bar ordering a double shot of tequila to celebrate her freedom.

Arturrro shows up at CL where Mia is sulking in a booth.  She tells him that Rey Rey knows, and he says he knows, pointing at his face.  He angrily says that he told Abby and she dumped him.  He tells Mia he will sleep just fine tonight knowing she is miserable and alone.  Hey Arturrro, it takes two to tango.

Rey Rey is at home having a beer, and Sharon shows up.  Standing very close to him, she says she is free because of him.  He says that he should have known JT was out there, he should have tracked him down.  She sultrily says they don't have to talk about that anymore.  He says that he and Mia are done for good and there is only one woman he wants to be with.  And they kiss.

🎬

Our long national nightmare is over.  The Gof4/Gof3/Is JT dead story is over.  But I have to wonder, now that JT has  a tumah, is what he did really worse than what the Gof4 did?  Maybe if he got a real lawyer, he could get off.  But no, they have him practically pleading guilty from his hospital room.

And the other nightmare, the Rosales front burner family, seems to be imploding.

Bannana, thank you thank you THANK YOU for this recap!!  It's brilliant, as always, funny and insightful and man do I miss them.

Thanks for doing this one, on the monumental day that ends this crap storyline.

Thanks!!!

• Love 21

Thank you so much for the excellent bannanacap! And doing it while you are sick. You are a real trooper. Sounds like it was a good show. I might have to watch this one. I can't believe that any halfway decent lawyer (even Michael) couldn't get JT off. He had a tumor that the doctor's report says most likely caused him to act violently. All the defense has to do is get character witnesses (like Paul) attesting to the fact that he was a law-abiding, moral person up until couple of years ago. I can't believe a jury would convict. But then again this is Genoa City. 😣

Edited by Desperately Random
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, Desperately Random said:

I can't believe that any halfway decent lawyer (even Michael) couldn't get JT off. He had a tumor that the doctor's report says most likely caused him to act violently. All the defense has to do is get character witnesses (like Paul) attesting to the fact that he was a law-abiding, moral person up until couple of years ago. I can't believe a jury would convict. But then again this is Genoa City.

Right, I should have added above that JT needs to get Scott Baldwin, a lawyer in Port Charles who got a serial killer off with a probably bogus tumor.  By the sounds of it today, it sounds like JT is going to just confess and give up. 😢

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, bannana said:

Right, I should have added above that JT needs to get Scott Baldwin, a lawyer in Port Charles who got a serial killer off with a probably bogus tumor.  By the sounds of it today, it sounds like JT is going to just confess and give up. 😢

Oh,  Scotty Baldwin. Now there was a lawyer you could trust to give you a good defense.

I'm guessing they only have Thad Luckinbill for a couple of days, so they needed a reason to get him off screen as quickly as possible. Not very believable though. Nate gave him the perfect defense with the medical report and his testimony about how the tumor changed his behavior. I would have preferred if they'd had Mac come back, reconcile with JT and take him back to recuperate. But this way is cheaper. They don't have to hire the actress to make another appearance.

• Love 4

I think show needed to be careful about the DV angle where JT’s tumour is concerned. He really is the victim of their horrific actions and @bannana is right. If they’d have called 911 the tumour would have been caught and removed and all would be well, including likely JT and Vic’s relationship.

But JG is trying to undo Mal’s shit, including the terrible way DV was handled.

So JT has to be the bad guy as much as possible and Vic will deal with the emotional fallout of the past year (which is presumably what this weird rude thing with Billy is about).

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Thank you for this fruitcap, bannana, and I hope you feel better.

Abby’s purse bib was everything. Everything! 

Arturo had a pretty rough day. I wish Jack had been able to deploy a sock to Billy’s chops the way Rey did to his brother. Is the show moving into a new, exciting “cheaters are bad” era? 

So Dr. Nate removes tumors now. Maybe he could excise Nikki’s. It’s large, leathery, and maintains its mass despite appearing to be in a chronic state of decomposition. It must be awful dragging that thing around.

I suppose that Victor will magnanimously plead for leniency for JT so his beloved fambly can heal. Victor will be feeling generous now that he’s the only ugly growth causing terrible behavior in Genoa City.

Mia is such a classy dame. All I could think about during her and Rey’s confrontation was the episode of Seinfeld where George thinks up the perfect comeback and travels quite a distance to deliver it. “The Jerk Store called and they’re running out of you.” His would-be burn victim nimbly replies “So what? You’re their all time best seller.” Frustrated, George blurts out “Yeah, well, I had sex with your wife!” Mia’s like “Oh you’re done with my trifling ass and respect this other woman? I fucked your brother! So there.” 

I think maybe now that Victoria is out of danger and has time to put stuff in perspective, she’s looking at the be-nostriled swizzle stick and wondering... “Was I really considering tapping that again?” The show will probably go with PTSD though.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11

Chiming in on the gratitude, bananna!
Great recap of a much, much better episode! Although I've long had a weak spot for MO's Abby, she won another silver star today--too bad there wasn't a jerry can of gas and a lighter around, just to put a capper on her demolition derby.

Good heavens, or whatever, they're stitching up this stuff fast. Oh, and I actually cheered a little when Paulie came into the office.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

y. I wish Jack had been able to deploy a sock to Billy’s chops the way Rey did to his brother. Is the show moving into a new, exciting “cheaters are bad” era? 

Yes!!! I meant to comment on this. THIS IS EXACTLY how Philly should have been treated. Instead they were *the love story.* Nay, they were the *the romcomcom love story.*

i do hope we are back to the “cheaters are bad” era.

#MalYoungisaHack

Edited by miamama
  • Love 17
15 hours ago, boes said:

JT wakes up and he tells Vic he is sorry.  He knows about the tumour, and he knows what he did, he remembers.  He tells her before he came back, he was already broken and he thought being with Vic would fix him.  She says he said terrible things to her and he says it was all his fault and Drinki did the right thing that night, he deserved to die.  Vic says he didn't deserve to die, his kids didn't want him to die.  She asks him why he didn't realize, why he didn't get help. 

Uh, Victoria? He was mentally compromised due to having a brain tumor which compromised his decision making, personality, mood, judgement - you name it. That's how he didn't realize he had a brain tumor altering his behavior.  He was popping pills because that's what we all do when we have a headache/pain.  The brain tumor altered his perceptions to the point that he wouldn't know how out of character he was acting or realize it so how are you blaming the victim for his own illness?

Ugh, these Newmans. And yep, I totally believe it'll be due to Victor's magnanimity that JT won't go to prison and he'll owe that old fart his freedom because Victor must always come out on top and be the top dog.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

love reading the "bannanacap"...

hope you feel better soon bannana.

should i bring over the cdn recap from soc?

Thanks @valleycliffe, yes bring over the recap from soc, I won't be recapping today.  When I watched yesterday's ep I could not believe how many storylines they tied up in so little time so it was recap worthy 🙃  Still sick but I feel a little better today.  I think being delirious actually helps with the recapping btw.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Mia is such a classy dame. All I could think about during her and Rey’s confrontation was the episode of Seinfeld where George thinks up the perfect comeback and travels quite a distance to deliver it. “The Jerk Store called and they’re running out of you.” His would-be burn victim nimbly replies “So what? You’re their all time best seller.” Frustrated, George blurts out “Yeah, well, I had sex with your wife!” Mia’s like “Oh you’re done with my trifling ass and respect this other woman? I fucked your brother! So there.” 

This was the perfect comparison @ninjapenguins!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Thanks @valleycliffe, yes bring over the recap from soc, I won't be recapping today.  When I watched yesterday's ep I could not believe how many storylines they tied up in so little time so it was recap worthy 🙃  Still sick but I feel a little better today.  I think being delirious actually helps with the recapping btw.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought valley meant the soc was about the same episode as the one bannana recapped. valley, by all means post the soc one form today's Canadian!

• Love 5

It's so weird to me how they're acting like Paul was just in another room for the past year, heh. They could have maybe mentioned that he'd been way or something but nope, Paul was here all along hiding behind the curtain! Okayyyyy, show. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

It's so weird to me how they're acting like Paul was just in another room for the past year, heh. They could have maybe mentioned that he'd been way or something but nope, Paul was here all along hiding behind the curtain! Okayyyyy, show. 

You know, @jewel21, I thought that maybe in my head fog I had missed the explanation of where he had been!  So if they didn't explain his absence, then how is he justified in reaming out his detective, since presumably Rey Rey would have been running everything about the investigation by him, and Paul would be taking it to Cricket.  Paul acted like he instructed Rey Rey to find JT and then behind his back gathered evidence for murder charges (against various people).  They should have said that Paul was on an international sabbatical or something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

@bannana, that recap was masterful! I miss your daily recraps re better than the show. 

ETA: Abby’s Chanel baglace was fabulous, and I swooned when she tossed it behind her back before she hammered the everliving fuck out of Arturro’s truck. *slow clap* for badass Abby, and I don’t even like Abby and the show was good, it’s George Constanza backwards day!

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 19
On 3/22/2019 at 6:04 PM, bannana said:

I think Paul and especially Bug need to take some of the heat for siccing Kray JT on Prick. When he started banging Mop that should have sent up alarms that he wasn't undercover anymore. Nothing he discovered could have been used and they should take heat for his crimes too. 

I thought at least one of the 3 stooges would have done the zips reversed so it just pulls apart. Apparently, they were too stupid to hop over to the doors and open them. That's Nick or Dummer level dumb and also a misssed chance to show some jiggle 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

I thought at least one of the 3 stooges would have done the zips reversed so it just pulls apart. Apparently, they were too stupid to hop over to the doors and open them. That's Nick or Dummer level dumb and also a misssed chance to show some jiggle 

I was howling at the tv during that scene after JT had collapsed on the floor. I was yelling that they could have managed to roll off the sofa and out the door. Their hands and feet were zip tied in front of them. It was just ludicrous.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Abby rejecting Arturrro's pathetic apology/explanation and then having him fired and his things removed was everything today.  I liked that she called him out for the gigolo he is.  

Cane is back and nothing has changed, he is still the most pathetic vampire soap character ever.

Reed is back!  So they were saying that JT would have four attempted murder charges against him?  I don't see what he did to the Gof3 as attempted murder.  He didn't even kidnap them.  Tying up escaped felons and then passing out to allow them to escape again doesn't sound like a crime to me.

You know how hard it is to clean up those tiny fragments of shattered glass Victoria?  Of course you don't.

• Love 16

abby says she wants gc buzz to promote the new restaurant.

abby says lola want to get to work.

bovine excrement.

she's been out of the hospital for what...4 days or so?

it was major surgery and she should have been off for at least 2 soap weeks..

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, bannana said:

Abby rejecting Arturrro's pathetic apology/explanation and then having him fired and his things removed was everything today.  I liked that she called him out for the gigolo he is.  

Cane is back and nothing has changed, he is still the most pathetic vampire soap character ever.

Reed is back!  So they were saying that JT would have four attempted murder charges against him?  I don't see what he did to the Gof3 as attempted murder.  He didn't even kidnap them.  Tying up escaped felons and then passing out to allow them to escape again doesn't sound like a crime to me.

You know how hard it is to clean up those tiny fragments of shattered glass Victoria?  Of course you don't.

Yeah, it's a pretty aggressive legal action, but he definitely did pursue them (for months in the case of Nikki), ratcheting up the gaslighting along the way. He had a loaded pistol that he terrorized them with and he was the one who picked up that fire poker and started smashing things. If I had been of their places, I too would have believed he was about to kill me along with everyone else present. And there is the matter of him having attempted to murder Victor in hospital following his near fatal fall down the stairs. So, yes, I would definitely expect Chris to pursue attempted murder along with all the other oddments of his behavior over the past, what is it now, nine months on?

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I hope Cane crosses Abby’s path. If she can wield a hammer with such ferocity, imagine what she could do with a wooden stake. 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Abby the Vampire Slayer is a random show I could get behind. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

So Kerry is Dominique and she's working with Ash to take over Jabot.  And she is entirely unapologetic about it.  A fabulous looking Ash arrives at the end.  Thank dog she has a better hair stylist in France than the one she had in GC.

I didn't really understand how a company like Jabot would allow their chemist to file their patent applications.  You know, as opposed to their legal department?  If they are that incompetent I guess they deserve to be taken over.

But if Ash is not returning to GC for good, what exactly is the point of this storyline twist?

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

So Kerry is Dominique and she's working with Ash to take over Jabot.  And she is entirely unapologetic about it.  A fabulous looking Ash arrives at the end.  Thank dog she has a better hair stylist in France than the one she had in GC.

I didn't really understand how a company like Jabot would allow their chemist to file their patent applications.  You know, as opposed to their legal department?  If they are that incompetent I guess they deserve to be taken over.

But if Ash is not returning to GC for good, what exactly is the point of this storyline twist?

To toss Phyllis out of Jabot. YAY! Then give Jack a story to fight for it back? We know ED is only on for a couple of episodes so my guess is Lauren and Fenmore's will figure in his fight because yeah I don't get the angle of Ashley wanting to stay in GC.

Jack needs a Jabot fight story so I'm happy about that part of it. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, miamama said:

To toss Phyllis out of Jabot. YAY! Then give Jack a story to fight for it back? We know ED is only on for a couple of episodes so my guess is Lauren and Fenmore's will figure in his fight because yeah I don't get the angle of Ashley wanting to stay in GC.

Jack needs a Jabot fight story so I'm happy about that part of it. 

The previews for next week did show Lauren figuring into this as she tries to extract Fenmore's from its agreement with Jabot.

• Love 5
Just now, bannana said:

The previews for next week did show Lauren figuring into this as she tries to extract Fenmore's from its agreement with Jabot.

See, Jack vs Lauren is good story. So much history and believability. Phyllis in the mix is a joke. She should NEVER have been running Jack’s company, ever, but especially not after cheating on him with his brother. But it was Mal’s world, so Philly had to win AT EVERYTHING!

Ashley continues to be trash. But she’s just here to kickstart a story.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 3/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, TobinAlbers said:

Uh, Victoria? He was mentally compromised due to having a brain tumor which compromised his decision making, personality, mood, judgement - you name it. 

My god, was Victoria annoying.  His behavior is all due to a severe medical issue, but Victoria & her pack of vultures  left JT(umor) for dead in a grave, which he escaped only by swimming through a drain pipe to safety  via a "limb" (presumably on a tree, not a human being) and VICTORIA is the one who can't forget?

Ugh, these Newmans. 

Unlike brain tumours, Newman narcissism cannot be cured.

I do applaud Genoa City for inventing a form of brain surgery requiring a bandage smaller than those used for a boo-boo on a toddler's knee.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Why is Kyle claiming to love Summer while mooning over Lola? Nick was giving him an out, it seems like. Nick seems to know his supergirl is a super pain in the ass. I didn’t think he was that smart or observant. 

Why is Summer acting like Billy did something to her? Hell to the no. She wanted some of that hot nostril action. Yes, Billy used her for revenge sex, but she couldn’t wait to peel those skinny pants off his milky chicken legs. God, she’s so awful.

While I’m excited to see Phyllis get shitcanned as CEO, why can’t Jack do it? I thought Ash scampered off to France with all those patents to start her own company. Oh well. Perhaps Phyllis can find work at a dumpster factory.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

So I disagree Ashley is trash.  I think she's one of the best defined characters on the show.  But I know, I know... St. Jack of Foghorn Leghorn... 

I have stated at length and in great detail (many times) why I think Ashley is trash in this story (beginning when this story arc launched last year). And I did not do it by saying Jack is a saint. Nor did I do it by implying people who disagreed with me didn’t have valid, thoughtful reasons for their opinions.

• Love 8

i have always been hit or miss with ashley..

mostly it's a miss.

i have never considered her "nice" but have as a major witch who always seemed like she thought she was entitled to whatever/whomever she wanted.  i also never liked how easily she could stab jack in the heart and think she was justified in doing so.   i was never heartbroken when she was off screen.

• Love 12

I think Ashley has a place on the show and ED does a very good job with the character. Unfortunately, Ashley has spent decades up Victor’s ass, so I find it difficult to root for her. The Blood Abbott Clause (catch their debut album on iTunes!) was a pretty low blow on Jack’s part, but Ashley got her revenge and was supposedly off in France using her patents to build her own thing. It kinda doesn’t make sense to have her messing with Jabot, considering she already left them high and dry. Don’t mind her coming back, just wish it was for something more logical.

And excuse me, you guys. Jack Abbott is the patron saint of losers in love, business, friendship and paternity tests. Fortunately those who have had their company stolen, been cheated on with their own brother, or found out multiple children don’t belong to them can don Nike apparel to show their reverence, for the swoosh is their icon.

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I think Ashley has a place on the show and ED does a very good job with the character. Unfortunately, Ashley has spent decades up Victor’s ass, so I find it difficult to root for her. The Blood Abbott Clause (catch their debut album on iTunes!) was a pretty low blow on Jack’s part, but Ashley got her revenge and was supposedly off in France using her patents to build her own thing. It kinda doesn’t make sense to have her messing with Jabot, considering she already left them high and dry. Don’t mind her coming back, just wish it was for something more logical.

And excuse me, you guys. Jack Abbott is the patron saint of losers in love, business, friendship and paternity tests. Fortunately those who have had their company stolen, been cheated on with their own brother, or found out multiple children don’t belong to them can don Nike apparel to show their reverence, for the swoosh is their icon.

Ah, NinjaP, you beat me to both points! Unpopularly, and I am the Capybara of Unpopular Opinions, Ashley and ED are two of my favourite parts of the show. Yes, her last arc, under the "artful tutelage" or something, of Mal Young, was a calculated swerve move, built on Mal's desire to amputate, castrate, defenestrate [continue at will] Jack even more than previous writers had. And that's saying something.

The Ashley character, to me walked a fine line between the Domestic Goddess Camp [featuring all-Sharon, all-the-time], and the Relentless Self-Worshipping Bitch Camp [all-Phyllis-all-the-time] and also the Questionable Matriarch Camp [fill in at will].

Jack's my guy--no saint. Much maligned maybe. But a pretty good version of a human.

• Love 12