Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Ashley's hair is much improved but her personality is as unpleasant as ever.

So Phyllis is such a great CEO that she hired Kerry, who is apparently a real person working for Ash in Paris, without having her HR people even google the woman?  Dominique is a Kerry impostor, and on top of that, Red didn't bother with using a standard executive contract with a non compete clause.  Thus allowing Dominique/Kerry to work for Premiere Cosmetics (what a 1950s name!) at the same time as Jabot.  And apparently she didn't actually do any work at Jabot.  Ash's company developed all of those fragrances in Paris and then filed them for patent.  So they are not even stolen!  Ash generously offers to solve their problem saying she will buy Jabot and run it as a subsidiary.  Ouch.  The Board first votes out Phyllis as CEO then votes in Jack as CEO, thus declining Ashley's offer.  (When Jack called for a vote of non confidence re Phyllis as CEO, he then said: the NAYs have it.  Which would mean Phyllis remains, if they voted nay on non confidence. 🙃  But I quibble.)  Jack is back where he belongs and I would say this is truly the beginning of the reset for Y&R with the scene of him alone in his office, gratified that he is back where he belongs but knowing he has a mountain to climb.

Paul goes to visit Drinki and says he is there as her friend and hopes she is okay after everything.  Wait, what?  Paulie, your police department pushed for her arrest!  They need to just say that he was seconded to another police department, or something, because his comments now make no sense, since Rey Rey worked for him and he is married to Cricket.

Sharon looked lovely in a beautiful floral spring season sheer wrap dress for her date with Rey Rey.  And it took zero effort to remove it in the room they rented at the GCAC. 👗😲

Vic decides being home five minutes is enough, and she leaves for Vegas.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

I would say this is truly the beginning of the reset for Y&R with the scene of him alone in his office, gratified that he is back where he belongs but knowing he has a mountain to climb.

If only this scene was followed by Phyllis getting into her car, driving away, with a close up of a sign that says: “You Have Now Left Genoa City And Will Not Return Until We’ve Recast A Professional Actress Who Isn’t Obsessed With Only Working With Jason Thompson.”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I wouldn’t mind a scene of Phyllis driving up one of Billy’s nostrils. She’d be gone for weeks.

If she does, I hope she's got some good tire chains and makes sure her windshield wipers are in top notch shape.

Plus, I hear the headwinds in there are pretty fierce, and man, those tumbling tumbleweeds...

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

I wouldn't be surprised if she and Jack get back together now that Dominique/Kerry will return to Paris.  Maybe he'll have Phyllis as his assistant.  She's been a real pain in the *ss, but I've always liked her with Jack.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Diane M said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she and Jack get back together now that Dominique/Kerry will return to Paris.  Maybe he'll have Phyllis as his assistant.  She's been a real pain in the *ss, but I've always liked her with Jack.

I hope not.  I liked Jack and Phyllis together once upon a time, but after she betrayed him with ButtBiscuit, the Abbott equivalent of a scrubbing bubble, if Phyllis goes anywhere near Jack, I hope he gets her a job as a car hop at Rexx Rugs instead.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Diane M said:

I'm just being realistic.  There's no way she's going to get a job as a car hop.  I don't want her back with Billy, but Jack would be fine with me.

Don't sell Phyllis short.  

giphy.gif

She can do whatever she sets her mind to.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, misokinesia said:

Also Dominique/Kerry has an English accent now, because that's how you really sell the duplicity 🙄

Oh, yes, I forgot about that.  I nearly peed myself when she started talking with a British accent!

54 minutes ago, spinxella said:

I expected a lot more unbridled passion and lust.  This was more slow hand than expected.  But maybe that was just to showcase both of their beautiful bodies, especially SC.  At least this is a step up from her last 3 lovers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Too bad there are NO beautiful actresses in their 50's looking for work. (do not apply if you face looks like a babyface mask SEE b&B)

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Jack’s been having his heart broken by women for damn near 30 years. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, miamama said:

It’s not even JG’s official Day 1 as HW (that is Monday in Canada) and Phyllis is already booted out of Jabot and Jack is CEO. Lmao

Oh and she’s off the board too!??!! Bwah!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, boes said:

, but after she betrayed him with ButtBiscuit, the Abbott equivalent of a scrubbing bubble

Thank you for an excuse not to clean the bathroom today. I’d hate to spray Billy all over the tub and toilet. I’d have to move.

I also think Phyllis will end up back with Jack, with possibly a detour to the jungle for some hot banana action before that. Or maybe she’ll surprise us and hit up Arturo for some lovin’. He’s got those broad nose holes that make the ladies swoon...

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I love Phyllis booted and Jack voted back where he belongs, but ugh to what they've done to Sharon in like 2 days. 

I don't think the "Sharon" character will ever really grow out of the Ingenue Phase; until she looks too old to play the part, they will always match her with the latest sexy male personna. The "Phyllis" character is all hard edges; she could never play wide-eyed.  Or innocent. 

As for Jack...if they could find the right actress, from the right age group, they could be the anchor couple for the rest of the show's run (or until they cannot do it any longer).  Bring back social and family gatherings in the Abbot Mansion.  Victor and Nicki cannot carry this scenario; too much awfulness as a couple from both of them.  But Jack and a great partner!  Maybe this could really freshen up the show and give people (viewers) that old-shoe feeling.  But in a good way.   I will bet that the long-time viewers would love it.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Yes they need to get the actress who played Brooke on AMC or Andrea Evans from Passions and OLTL (bonus she has red hair and can play snarky schemer just his type lol). Ugh  what I’d do for a love story on one of my soaps with a decent man and confident strong woman (who isn’t a toxic delusional bitch). Also if Y&R landed either actress it would create so much buzz and press. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Yes they need to get the actress who played Brooke on AMC or Andrea Evans from Passions and OLTL (bonus she has red hair and can play snarky schemer just his type lol). Ugh  what I’d do for a love story on one of my soaps with a decent man and confident strong woman (who isn’t a toxic delusional bitch). Also if Y&R landed either actress it would create so much buzz and press. 

Man, would I love to see him hooked up with Julia Barr who played Brooke on AMC, especially considering she was the maid of honor when he married Nina back in his previous identitfy as Cliff Warner.  One look from her and the last thing we'd hear from Phyllis would be, "I'm melting".

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, miamama said:

Oh and she’s off the board too!??!! Bwah!

They said they were going to boot her off the board, but I didn't hear that in the so-called motion, which was a vote of nonconfidence in the CEO.  But she didn't stay for the Board meeting, so I guess it is assumed.  Not the way it works of course, but Ashley also cannot call an emergency Board meeting so there is that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, boes said:

Man, would I love to see him hooked up with Julia Barr who played Brooke on AMC, especially considering she was the maid of honor when he married Nina back in his previous identitfy as Cliff Warner.  One look from her and the last thing we'd hear from Phyllis would be, "I'm melting".

She would be perfect with that cute little pixie face. I would love to see her with Jack.

• Love 7

Ashley looks like she's had eyelid and neck lifts.  Her hair would have looked much better if it were shorter - above the shoulders - instead of having looong thin strings dragging her down.

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

Ashley looks like she's had eyelid and neck lifts.  Her hair would have looked much better if it were shorter - above the shoulders - instead of having looong thin strings dragging her down.

I am just so happy she got a decent colourist.👱‍♀️

Edited by bannana
  • Love 8
On 3/28/2019 at 3:16 AM, gingerella said:

I was watching TV tonight and saw a drug commercial for stomach issues, it’s a young band of 20-ish kids and the lead guitarist looked familiar. I rewound it and I’m pretty sure it was Reed, basically playing Reed in a commercial. So weird...

Reed’s hair looked much better that length!

On 3/31/2019 at 12:55 PM, deirdra said:

And more on hair...LOL. Ashley needs a makeover, she looks like a Hollywood Madame more than a rich executive!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/29/2019 at 5:02 PM, HeatLifer said:

If only this scene was followed by Phyllis getting into her car, driving away, with a close up of a sign that says: “You Have Now Left Genoa City And Will Not Return Until We’ve Recast A Professional Actress Who Isn’t Obsessed With Only Working With Jason Thompson.”

Opened this thread and page landed on this post from Friday. Aged well huh @HeatLifer?

lol

• LOL 8

(I posted this on the wrong thread earlier! 🙃)

So today was the first show of the new (old?) era.  Nothing remarkable about it.  Characters did seem to be true to character, which is always a good thing.  Jack is comfortably back in his office, and tells Phyllis to take a hike when she demands her negotiated golden handshake (which was actually kind of pathetic at six months' salary, plus bonuses).  Jack goes to visit Ash at the GCAC where she is catching up on Abby's life.  Abby wants nothing to do with their drama and leaves.  Jack and Ash revisit the same wounds they have inflicted on each other (tho Jack never once mentioned how Ash made him believe he was not an Abbott and almost destroyed him 😢).  Ash wants Jack to work with her, and he gets excited and says she can come back to the lab.  Oh, Jack.  That is pretty much Ash's response, too.  She says no way, she has all the toys and more and her company will beat his company, no sweat.  He actually tells her he has a better head for business.  Sigh.  So they end with a challenge to best each other at running their respective companies.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, bannana said:

(I posted this on the wrong thread earlier! 🙃)

So today was the first show of the new (old?) era.  Nothing remarkable about it.  Characters did seem to be true to character, which is always a good thing.  Jack is comfortably back in his office, and tells Phyllis to take a hike when she demands her negotiated golden handshake (which was actually kind of pathetic at six months' salary, plus bonuses).  Jack goes to visit Ash at the GCAC where she is catching up on Abby's life.  Abby wants nothing to do with their drama and leaves.  Jack and Ash revisit the same wounds they have inflicted on each other (tho Jack never once mentioned how Ash made him believe he was not an Abbott and almost destroyed him 😢).  Ash wants Jack to work with her, and he gets excited and says she can come back to the lab.  Oh, Jack.  That is pretty much Ash's response, too.  She says no way, she has all the toys and more and her company will beat his company, no sweat.  He actually tells her he has a better head for business.  Sigh.  So they end with a challenge to best each other at running their respective companies.

Ashley has run Jabot before. and failed miserably...great chemist but not a business expert. Bet Prick has a hand in her bidness whether she knows or not.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Reed’s hair looked much better that length!

And more on hair...LOL. Ashley needs a makeover, she looks like a Hollywood Madame more than a rich executive!  

oh, is ed back on real housewives of la again?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, bannana said:

Oh, yes, I forgot about that.  I nearly peed myself when she started talking with a British accent!

I expected a lot more unbridled passion and lust.  This was more slow hand than expected.  But maybe that was just to showcase both of their beautiful bodies, especially SC.  At least this is a step up from her last 3 lovers.

I think it's a really big improvement over the sexcapades we've endure with Philly over the past couple of years. Coupled with Summer's sexploits with Beely this past year, and the rebooted Phick driveby, seeing Sharon and Rey together was eye candy. I've always found Rey very easy on the eyes, but watching him on top of Moby Mia was revolting, but it was Mia's fault.

1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

i'm betting it will be jm and phick.

Count on it. Video games anyone?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Dina sighting! Very brief but MA is just so good. Too bad it was with Dummer, kind of ruined it for me. 

Can Kyle just stopped being so schmoopy about Lola behind his wife’s back if he’s going to boink her? Ya didn’t have to through with it but ya did, so suck it up and deal with it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Today was pretty good.  Yes, we got a Dina sighting and we got a lot of Traci!

Lily dumps Cane and tells him their marriage was doomed and it had nothing to do with her going to prison.  Go, Lily!

Rey Rey and Sharon are screwing their way through every day, and Sharon is elated.  But that ends when she finds a note from Mia with an ultrasound photo saying it is the Rosales baby.  Ouch!

Ash also sends a note to Jack with a gift basket of a Costco sized bottle of Jack of Hearts and other products.  The note tells him he can't win and he will be the one to bury Jabot.  Nasty Ouch!

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Dina sighting! Very brief but MA is just so good. Too bad it was with Dummer, kind of ruined it for me. 

Can Kyle just stopped being so schmoopy about Lola behind his wife’s back if he’s going to boink her? Ya didn’t have to through with it but ya did, so suck it up and deal with it. 

What the heck happened to the No Husbandly Duties Clause? (Which, btw is the name of my Go Go's cover band).

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

Lily dumps Cane and tells him their marriage was doomed and it had nothing to do with her going to prison.  Go, Lily!

Did they completely drop the Victoria angle?

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Did they completely drop the Victoria angle?

They did talk about his kisses with Victoria but Lily says this is a pattern for them and they have been in a cycle of hurting each other. The other interesting thing was when he asked, what about Sam? she says she loves Sam but he is not her biological son.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10