Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, bannana said:

Are we supposed to feel sorry for that viper Phyllis?  Cause I don't.  For a sec I thought she was going to use the broken mirror to cut herself, but then I realized they were going for some kind of soap noir effect.

For a second I thought the mirror would change to the face of                  

Spoiler

The new old Phyllis, Michelle Stafford. So much better than a voice over of "the role of Phyllis is now being played by . . . "

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, luv2lurk said:

Reveal spoiler

The new old Phyllis, Michelle Stafford. So much better than a voice over of "the role of Phyllis is now being played by . . . "

Now that would have been awesome,🤣 @luv2lurk

• Love 13

miamama, I cannot give your prediction post a like. It’s too real, too raw. Tell me, do you write in the genre of Lovecraftian horror?

I too am grateful for spinxella’s gifs. I mean, I hate a lot of them, like Garden Gnome getting his gazing ball polished, but I can’t look away.

Buttbiscuit needs to slow his dinner roll. What a relentless rube.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 4/11/2019 at 11:16 AM, Toomuchsoap said:

Dead.

What the actual hell are they doing with Dickolas? Seriously? Josh, honey, you need to get back to the gym. You're looking a little puffy and pasty. Hoo boy. And there are actually people who want this frat boy back with Sharon. I just don't get it. It isn't graspable. (Is that a word?). I realize it's difficult telling Dickolas apart from his dumb cos Rey, but Rey's the purty one. And he means well. Dickolas doesn't do meaning. He's being led around by his nether brain.

Maybe his workouts would show more results if he wasn’t wearing dress shoes and pants.  Maybe gym shorts and tennis shoes?

Edited by Runningwild
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I am liking the new show.  Drinki chastising Vic for not telling her she was in Vegas.  Then, Drinki badgering her until she told her what she was hiding, re Prick.  Then, Drinki taking Vic to the new and suddenly m***** version of Pricktor's office (maybe that is why he won't come home?).

It was good.

They find out that Prick has been paying for a psychiatrist in Summerlin.  Which btw is a very nice neighbourhood (from my experience).  They both agree no way would Prick be seeing a psychiatrist.

Oh, and Billy has a ring in his pocket, ready to propose to Vic.

• Love 8
On 4/12/2019 at 1:44 AM, luv2lurk said:

Reveal spoiler

Phyl- the trauma of the past few days has aged you a decade or two

5 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Maybe his workouts would show more results if he wasn’t wearing dress shoes and pants.  Maybe gym shorts and tennis shoes?

Loved when Blondie opened his shirt he visibly sucked in his tum-tum

does someone know how to capture that?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Oh, and Billy has a ring in his pocket, ready to propose to Vic.

Is that what he's calling it, now?

I guess it's better than "my only friend".

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Wait, Drinki goes to Paul to help her find out what Prick is up to?  WTWTF?

Paul and Christine actually have marital couple dialogue.  Don't think they have had that in quite a few years.

This Kyle Dummer storyline is so stupid, but the actor is doing a terrific job of making that face, the one where he evokes how he is caught, and he knows there is no way out.

Sharon sure is a wimp, I would have thrown quite a bit of snark at Rey Rey as he admitted that he is covering for Mia...when he refused to cover for Sharon.  I liked her line, though:  what's one more crime to cover up?

Should Lola the girl with the new liver really being drinking, like, ever again?

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, Diane M said:

Just what kind of food will be on Society's menu?  I guess it won't be Lola's specialty, Cuban, not with a name like Society.

Maybe pre-Castro stuff? It used to be a thing for rich people to party in pre-Revolution Cuba.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Should Lola the girl with the new liver really being drinking, like, ever again?

New plotline!  Lola drinks, liver goes bad and she dies a virgin.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

meh.. turd drinks double tequilas after a heart transplant and thrives..

lola will be fine

Nah.  I prefer the Genoa City Virgin Death.

But maybe that's just me. 😉

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Diane M said:

Just what kind of food will be on Society's menu?  I guess it won't be Lola's specialty, Cuban, not with a name like Society.

Paella ain’t cheap! Neither is The Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City. But it is delicious!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Runningwild said:

The Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City.

I'm so glad to hear it's still there.  Practically lived there while attending USF  (Go! Brahmas!) in the sixties.  We couldn't afford the main dining room, so we sat in the bar (beautiful tile floors and slow moving overhead fans and a long wood bar) and had platefuls of black beans and rice with chopped onions and that fantastic cuban bread.  Daayum, I miss that!

Edited by MollyB
timeline clarification
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Who is more pathetic, Summer or Cane?

Just kidding, my friends. Why choose? Better yet, why not put those two delusional dillholes together?

I like it! Two of the most miserable characters ever to plague our screens. What is it they say about misery again?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, misokinesia said:

Okay, who's getting shanked with Lola's fancy new monogrammed knife? 

I bet that Mia is going to take this opportunity to show her sushi-making skills and Arturo just might be singing soprano for the dessert crowd at the new restaurant.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

So, you are filthy rich and opening a new restaurant.  In sleepy GC. But still, shouldn't food have been delivered days before?  Hahaha!  Lola is now stuck with food she didn't prepare for, three hours before opening her new restaurant.  Personally, I would walk out, given these conditions.  But no probs for Lola, she has Tessa as her cheerleader.  Oh, and Kyle, who gives her a special floating heart necklace.  Which she is happy to display for Dummer.  Instead of prepping the food!

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

i know i shouldn't have, but i laughed out loud reading that dummer saw lola wearing the heart necklace she thought kyle was going to give her..

made me remember when phyl thought nick was giving her the "madonna and child" statue and instead he gave it to sharon as an anniversary present.  🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, misokinesia said:

Okay, who's getting shanked with Lola's fancy new monogrammed knife? 

Umm, is it just me, and my aging superstitions here?

One doesn't give a knife as a gift. The person receiving a knife has to pay a penny for it [or a nickel, if you're Canadian--no more pennies], so it's a purchase, not a gift. The knife, among other things, cuts friendship between the parties involved. Even if it's monogrammed.

Then again, this is Summer doing the gifting.

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, bannana said:

So, you are filthy rich and opening a new restaurant.  In sleepy GC. But still, shouldn't food have been delivered days before?  Hahaha!  Lola is now stuck with food she didn't prepare for, three hours before opening her new restaurant.  Personally, I would walk out, given these conditions.  But no probs for Lola, she has Tessa as her cheerleader.  Oh, and Kyle, who gives her a special floating heart necklace.  Which she is happy to display for Dummer.  Instead of prepping the food!

I thought it was a pretty fair soapy episode, even if I wanted the multi-skilled Artoooooro to disappear. And someone found something for Tessa to do. Even if she was sporting the unattractive shade of grey that restaurant employees are decked out in.

C'mon. The heart and the knife? Oooooh, symbolic,

And yet again, I wanted to dip/submerge Cane in a vat of lye. Even if just to stop the stupid hand gestures he uses to show emotion. He really is a suckhole of self.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Suckhole of Self: The Ethan “Cane” Ashby Story by Traci Abbott, available at all fine retailers in paperback, hardcover, audio and board book format (requested by Nicholas Newman, who co-wrote the chapter This Time I’ll Keep My Wanderin’, Lonesome Pants Bronco Home, I Swear!). Attend a book signing at Genoa City hotspot Society and get your copy autographed by Abbott & Ashby, a literary force to be reckoned with! One lucky fan will win a toddler named Sam that they can raise as their very own. 

*Attendees are asked to refrain from wearing strong fragrances, particularly garlic, and to leave their cross jewelry at home. Mr. Ashby is still regenerating from the last time he burst into flames at the Milwaukee Borders

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Suckhole of Self: The Ethan “Cane” Ashby Story by Traci Abbott, available at all fine retailers in paperback, hardcover, audio and board book format (requested by Nicholas Newman, who co-wrote the chapter This Time I’ll Keep My Wanderin’, Lonesome Pants Bronco Home, I Swear!). Attend a book signing at Genoa City hotspot Society and get your copy autographed by Abbott & Ashby, a literary force to be reckoned with! One lucky fan will win a toddler named Sam that they can raise as their very own.

And the first ten lucky customers with religious affiliations will also receive a very special bookmark. The Sacred Rosales Sonogram! But wait, you'll also receive a vial containing drops of The Mystery of the Sacred Pee! Sure to make you the hit of your Holy Week get-togethers!

"Pants Bronco" did it for me. Now I'll have to turn the St Matthew Passion up really loud.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, pearlite said:

Umm, is it just me, and my aging superstitions here?

One doesn't give a knife as a gift. The person receiving a knife has to pay a penny for it [or a nickel, if you're Canadian--no more pennies], so it's a purchase, not a gift. The knife, among other things, cuts friendship between the parties involved. Even if it's monogrammed.

Then again, this is Summer doing the gifting.

I knew something about the superstition but wanted to give knives as a wedding gift (they were on the register).  I was told I had give the penny with the knives.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Wow.  So many things that are not right.

Jack and Ashley using Abby's opening to play their stupid game?  Coasters, Ash, seriously?  I really loved Devon taking a strip off of Jack and how he changed Jet's comeback.  But now that I have said that, I would have removed those stupid coasters and how the hell could anyone play a video without Abby or Devon's okay.  Just stupid.

But, I did like that they had more extras than we have seen in a long time.

Dummer is dumb, but by now she is going into martyr territory.

• Love 12