Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, boes said:

Nope, totally true.  I'm maybe a wee bit older than some and Dubuque was more than a wee bit more back in time, but Great Aunt Sophie rode the rails when she was so inclined.  She had a husband who was a wildcatter, in California and in Texas who died in an explosion in a gas field in Texas, ended up in an orphanage as a tiny child till an aunt in California took her out to live on a farm in Santa Barbara - imagine what that real estate is worth now, had two kids and died in Arkansas, aged 90 in 1973.

And the fur coat was real.

She had a husband who was a wildcatter who died in an explosion and then she ended up in a orphanage as a tiny child? Am I missing something in this story?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

She had a husband who was a wildcatter who died in an explosion and then she ended up in a orphanage as a tiny child? Am I missing something in this story?

Yeah, I told it a bit backwards.  She was born, her mother died, her father had to put all the kids except the oldest into an orphanage in Dubuque, an aunt took her to live with her in California, she got married and they lived in California but he went around the country, mostly California and Texas, died in an oil field explosion in Texas, she raised her kids in L.A., she rode the rails when she'd come back to Dubuque, still doing it when I was a kid in the late 50's early 60's, ended up moving to Arkansas where her daughter Rosebud lived and died there in 1973.

And that in a nutshell is Aunt Sophie's story.

• Love 9

Okay, thanks for the explanation. That makes a lot more sense and what a great gal your Aunt Sophie was! You were lucky to have her in your life.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, boes said:

And that in a nutshell is Aunt Sophie's story.

I was hoping for the part where she left the orphanage and built a business from the ground up. THE GROUND UP YOUGOTTHAT?????

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I was hoping for the part where she left the orphanage and built a business from the ground up. THE GROUND UP YOUGOTTHAT?????

HAHAHA!  She would have had Victor for breakfast.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, boes said:

Nope, totally true.  I'm maybe a wee bit older than some and Dubuque was more than a wee bit more back in time, but Great Aunt Sophie rode the rails when she was so inclined.  She had a husband who was a wildcatter, in California and in Texas who died in an explosion in a gas field in Texas, ended up in an orphanage as a tiny child till an aunt in California took her out to live on a farm in Santa Barbara - imagine what that real estate is worth now, had two kids and died in Arkansas, aged 90 in 1973.

And the fur coat was real.

I swear, I was picturing an old black & white film from the early '40s or maybe even late '30s directed by Capra when I read your earlier post. I gotta say, that's pretty colorful. I've got a few characters in my family that mother and an aunt on my father's side of the families used to tell us about when we were kids too.

• Love 4

Well, I still am underwhelmed by this Adam back from the dead storyline.  But I was pretty happy to see the tacky house get an overhaul just for NuNuNuAdam!  For a second there, I was wondering what wondrous place is this?  And then I noticed all the horsy things 🐎

It's astonishing to me how Nick and Vic are rewriting recent Adam history.  But I guess we are supposed to just go along with the idea that NuNuAdam is actually MM-recipe Adam.  

Adam has a gym bag full of cash and stows it in a cupboard without a lock 😲

And then he texts someone that things are going smoothly in GC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 5/10/2019 at 5:59 PM, Toomuchsoap said:

I'm bummed that they're going to bring Chelseacon back to GC. And how, pray tell, is it possible for her to return when she was facing a criminal arrest warrant when she hightailed it out of there? (Am I misremembering that? Maybe Nick just found the money in the wall and never said anything about it, so she's in the clear, but I thought that's the reason she left).

No, you remembered correctly!  I don't remember if there was a warrant out for her arrest or not, but I do recall that Lauren (and maybe Phyllis, too) knew about how Chelsea had swindled them.

• Love 3

If these writers think I’ll watch one second of Cane and Traci (or Cane and any other woman), they’re smoking that funny stuff. He needs to just go away. Traci deserves a fine man who will love her above all others, treat her like a queen and earn a good living at a responsible job. That is NOT CANE. Oh, and a man who can actually ACT. Yeah, that too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

If these writers think I’ll watch one second of Cane and Traci (or Cane and any other woman), they’re smoking that funny stuff. He needs to just go away. Traci deserves a fine man who will love her above all others, treat her like a queen and earn a good living at a responsible job. That is NOT CANE. Oh, and a man who can actually ACT. Yeah, that too.

umm, well, sometimes, that's the only way we can.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

LOL  i didn't know if i should laugh or express horror at traci imagining cane naked on the couch.  i did blink my eyes a couple of times tho

Startled me. Or maybe nauseated me--yeah, that's it.

Mind you BM is doing a great job with the noir-style wise-cracking secretary.

And Phyllis' less than star-studded revenge tour? Well, to me, the character is/is being set up as the total outcast. And now we're supposed to feel sympathy, maybe? Just a minute, let me check. Nope. Because actress and character are just utterly loathsome in their waning hours of screen time.

Is this in aid of MS coming in strong, with a bag of axes to grind?

And that touching hospital scene with the Rosales Whosyerdaddy Trio? I hope your bags are packed, people.

Schmoopy Kyle and Lola? zzzzzzz. Summer pushing her luck in sabotaging Kyle? Modestly interesting.

At least there was no NewAdamNewman. For me, that's a plus.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 8

I am not at all entertained by Adam’s return storyline. I know the guy is new and all, but he’s just not doing it for me. Hopefully the storyline will become more engaging in time.

Otherwise, I liked Sharon’s blue and white blouse - it reminded me of a Delft china  pattern 😄 

• Love 7

Of course Abby finds out by running into Adam in her own restaurant. I'm glad that Abby went off on Victoria and Victor for nobody telling her or thinking she deserved to know. Vicky really said she thought Victor would tell her? Victor only told Sharon. Everyone else found out from others. 

Can Vicky not go anywhere without Billy? Vicky gets called to a family meeting about Adam, Billy goes. Adam wants to meet his sister, Billy goes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Billy is on about Adam killing Delia.  Seriously? I am pretty sure he forgave him.  But, the real point is Billy killed Delia, through his negligence.  Sad, but true.  I thought he finally recognized that fact and had moved on.

It appears everything with JH-recipe Adam is being wiped away.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, bannana said:

It appears everything with JH-recipe Adam is being wiped away.

It sure does. It's as if Griffith decided to just completely reset the entire JFP-CP-SSM-MY eras in one fell swoop. It's kinda weird. But how do they plan to explain how Christian came to be?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Adam gets shot at the end of today's ep!  😲  He opens the door to the tacky house and someone shoots him in the gut.

So it has to be either Chloe or Kevin, or one of his gambling foes.  I hope it is Chloe and they send her to prison where she belongs.

Don't worry, previews show us that Paul is on the case!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Adam gets shot at the end of today's ep!

Jesus H Christ, enough with bring Adam back from the dead or wherever umpteen times! I loathe his character and this actor, and I use that term loosely, sucks. I'm not sure if it's the character, the writing for this character, or that they just keep hiring bad actors for this character but nothing works for me with Adam Newman. Just let him go already and move the hell on.

Oh, and Mia getting off scott free is fucked UP.

• Love 4

Returning from my Chateau in the South of France to say hello my beauties. Turned on Genoa City TV and what did my eyes see? A boyish actor pretending to be nuAdam Newman. My goodness, the young man certainly studied a former actor well-known for the same role!! Same mannerisms, staccato speech, jaunty chin, high cheekbones, & wavy black hair. It's almost like the last Adam Newman, with the new face & nekkid body, that got blown up, was also erased from all old scripts too. Another "it's all a terrible dream" writer's ploy.

Poor Sharon has the heavy lifting duty to sell this mess to a highly skeptical audience. Afterall, she only had about four scenes with the character during the Manny's tenure as Adam Newman. Now she has rekindled the old Shadam hook up, but it rings hollow because the kid playing nuAdam was in diapers when the original recipe Shadam were blowing up TV screens with hot, steamy sex scenes.....be still my beating heart.

The old Pruneface VS nuAdam scenes were forgettable. Nothing like the old days when, oldAdam & The Moustache's face-to-face confrontations were a delight to watch.

My initial interest in this man-child Adam waned by the third scene as his impression of oldAdam began to grow tiresome. My sense is that by this time next year, this updated nuAdam will have been sent packing to look for his next acting opportunity, as the audience has thoroughly thrown up their hands in ambivalence & indifference, 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Adam gets shot at the end of today's ep!  😲  He opens the door to the tacky house and someone shoots him in the gut.

So it has to be either Chloe or Kevin, or one of his gambling foes.  I hope it is Chloe and they send her to prison where she belongs.

Don't worry, previews show us that Paul is on the case!

Didn't you hear? 

In Genoa City, when you commit a crime - even one as serious as attempted murder (we know Adam isn't going to "pretend" die again, this early in his comeback) - you get off scott free! 

Just ask Mia.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Sharon told Rey he'd be a dad when the time is right. Is CG thinking of getting pregnant so they can do a "Carrying your baby" storyline?

They could adopt Sam.... or BoyAdam.

Billy is mad at Adam so Connor and Can better watch out for a revenge screw. If Billy hates you your kids aren't safe...look at Victor and Mop. It's a theory. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

NewestAdam looks fine to me. I just don't really get excited about this character in general. But he is believable and I personally never liked that they aged him up to be the same age as Nikki's kids. It made no sense historically and affected the character fundamentally. Engen was a cocky kid out of his depth with Victoria in business (he made stupid moves when Victor first gave him power at Newman) and in relationships compared to Nick (he was flirting like a little kid with Phyllis). He was vulnerable to Jack's manipulations (the diary). He had a dark side that showed he shared Victor's DNA and plenty of reason to be insecure in his new world. Lots of promise.

And then Maria Arena Bell.

I also don't think this current characterization is meant to erase JH's tenure at all. MCE is returning so we'll get that history. Right now it feels like a reset of the character using all incarnations of adult Adam. So he's younger and resented by his older siblings and soon I think we'll see the edgy Adam. Sharon is helping viewers get a handle on the Shadam history while Billy is reminding people of the Deliah story and their rivalry (Billy is in the midst of a reset imo too). And Chelsea and Connor will reappear soon enough for family man Adam (and I expect the way it's going that Adam and maybe Chelsea also will be darker than the JH era, especially the way Chelsea left).

I feel as though JG is fleshing him out and establishing who Adam is right now.

The amnesia is an easy way to explain why he hasn't returned before now or gone looking for either of his kids. I don't think it's needed for long at all. 

Edited by miamama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

Wow, TGVN is the pits. The actual, literal pits. I hope that Nick holds on to Christian, that Adam tells Victor to shove it.

Victoria, for the love of God, please sign a prenup! Also, don’t have a “Jamaican-themed” wedding! I know it’s a nod to Villy’s drunken wedding romp with tattooed wedding bands but 1. that was BM’s Billy and reminding me of him reinforces how much JT is not Billy, and 2. I cannot trust TPTB to have a Jamaican-themed wedding that isn’t just a bunch of stereotypes wrapped in cultural appropriation.

I shouldn’t pick on little kids but this show has had such a good run with child actors that it just shows how this boy playing Christian is not very good in comparison.

Edited by catalogrrr
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, gingerella said:

Jesus H Christ, enough with bring Adam back from the dead or wherever umpteen times! I loathe his character and this actor, and I use that term loosely, sucks. I'm not sure if it's the character, the writing for this character, or that they just keep hiring bad actors for this character but nothing works for me with Adam Newman. Just let him go already and move the hell on.

Gingerella, may I order something special for you from wine cellar in UO Room at the Dorothy Parker Piano Bar?

I've been feeling so alone there. So alone.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, catalogrrr said:

I shouldn’t pick on little kids but this show has had such a good run with child actors that it just shows how this boy playing Christian is not very good in comparison.

Speaking of, I wonder if that lifeless kid will be back to play Connor.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

I really don't like how they are telegraphing that Adam is the devil.  First of all, it is nauseating to see Vic and Nick badmouth the evil Adam, when their father wears the crown for evil bastards.  If they are so afraid of what Adam will do, why do they still hang out with Pricktor?

And Billy needs to shut the fuck up.  This is one of those times where I want Prick to remind Billy that he caused Delia's death, not Adam.

I think if they wanted to bring back Adam as a bad boy evil character, they should have had him come back with everyone happy he is alive, right where we left off with him.  Billy having grudgingly forgiven him, Nick and he having bonded.  And then we find out down the road that he has gone to the dark side and they slowly realize it.  This way it is too obvious.  Or are they trying to make Adam sympathetic by having everyone attack him?

Edited by bannana
grammar still matters
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Oh, I’d forgotten how drugged that child always seemed to be. That was NOT normal.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Oh! I’d forgotten about that one. I always think of the girls who played Faith and the little boy who played Reed (that sweet Max Page).

• Love 6

Really Paul? Sharon calls 911, rushes over to save Adam and is clearly worried he won't make it, but you treat her as the shooter and think she did it. How stupid. I hate having to like Victor, but I did that he stopped Paul from continuing to question her. 

Victoria and Nick are going to talk bad about Adam while he's in surgery, they're definitely acting like  the relationships they forged with Justin's version never happened. 

Bye Arturo and Mia, Miami sounds better than Genoa City.

• Love 8

I’ve come to the conclusion that I just hate everyone on this show: the writers, the producers, the directors, the actors. They all have a role in the decline of these shows that used to be so entertaining, intriguing and interesting. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, catalogrrr said:

Oh! I’d forgotten about that one. I always think of the girls who played Faith and the little boy who played Reed (that sweet Max Page).

Mckenna Grace seems to be doing very well - she starred in Gifted, with Chris Evans (😍😍😍), and she had a small part in Captain Marvel as a young Carol Danvers. I’m sure she’s had many other roles too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Maybe Adam borrowed Abby's pants & Mia thought it was her 🙂

LOL!!!

ByTor, you did it, done #####KILLED #### me Dead!  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Maybe Adam borrowed Abby's pants & Mia thought it was her 🙂

In which case, she will get off, again.  Because Adam has no clue who she is, but🤣 will exonerate her because of THE BAYBEE! 😁🔫

• LOL 1
  • Love 11