Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Sharon is still wearing her Vegas jammies!  She goes to a park in Vegas at night to meet Adam but it ends there.  Let's hope she doesn't get mugged.  Here's the actual park Symphony Park

But the big story of the day was Arturrro tries once again with Abby, and when that doesn't pan out, he bumps into Mia at CL and she invites him to bump her!  And he does, and then during post coital reflection, he decides they should leave GC and go back to Miami where it is more awesome and where they will be further away from the GCPD.🤣

Oh, and both Nick and Jack separately tell Phyllis to fuck off.  😲

• Love 22
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Sharon is still wearing her Vegas jammies!  She goes to a park in Vegas at night to meet Adam but it ends there.  Let's hope she doesn't get mugged.  Here's the actual park Symphony Park

But the big story of the day was Arturrro tries once again with Abby, and when that doesn't pan out, he bumps into Mia at CL and she invites him to bump her!  And he does, and then during post coital reflection, he decides they should leave GC and go back to Miami where it is more awesome and where they will be further away from the GCPD.🤣

Oh, and both Nick and Jack separately tell Phyllis to fuck off.  😲

sequined jammies give you titty pocks.

On 5/4/2019 at 1:27 PM, Cindyluwho said:

I will join that party!

No Phyl is better than any Phyl.

On 5/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Idk, I kinda like that Y&R has one stable, rock solid couple in Michael and Lauren. It's hard to remember now that they once had a lot of rough edges that they helped the other one smooth out and other than that stupid Ronan (I think?) story, they're the rare couple that turn to each other to solve their problems instead of other people. 

soap are only allowed one happy couple (sometimes a senior couple too) so Teriah has to go...and Shey has no shelf life. Mia will give birth in prison as we see her arrested. Rey will probably get stuck....errr gifted with the kid.

Chelsea will turn up, Gasp. and raise her tiny eyebrows and realize that she too looks like Adam's mom.

There is really no unrelated woman in his apparent age range. 

I hope they keep the Adam/Jack friendship. I'd love it if Adam imprints on Jack like a baby penguin. "Pappa!"

I hope they bring back Ray Wise and tie him into the Mariah and even Adam storyline.

get Adam to a real shrink (not sharon) and explore why he went 'dark deeds' then did amazing, selfless stuff.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Adam did not show up although we can be sure he was in the park.  They are def going toward Shadam.  Sharon tells Rey Rey all about their relationship and how Adam saved her life.  She tells him about torching the ranch!  Which leads to sexay times.  Sharon sleeps in a strapless bra by the way.  Super uncomfortable, I would think.  She wakes up and apparently senses Adam so throws on a satin robe and opens the door and goes into the hallway.  Her spidey senses tell her he is nearby.  But we don't see him and she climbs back into bed, looking troubled and freaked out.  Still wearing her bra.

I like that we are getting more Tracey but along with it comes Cane.  And a very hilarious 1940s noiresque scene with Cane and Lily as I cannot remember their names but we are supposed to think Sam Spade or Philip Marlowe or something like that.  UCG.

Devon kisses Elena.

Mariah's stalker texts her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, bannana said:

I like that we are getting more Tracey but along with it comes Cane.  And a very hilarious 1940s noiresque scene with Cane and Lily as I cannot remember their names but we are supposed to think Sam Spade or Philip Marlowe or something like that.  UCG. 

was Tracy on the Hollodeck again?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Lola and Abby find out about Mia bonking Lola (Arturrro pretty much spills it to Lola)  and they confront her.  Abby wants to call the cops but eventually Lola talks her out of it because of the BAY-BEE!  Dammit!  Why can't Mia go to jail instead of going to Miami? 

Dummer is pursuing her dumb plot to get Kyle back through work.  Boring, but there was some UCG when they meet with Kyle's buddy in NYC and they talk about using social media, etc.  They all sounded ridiculous but it made me laugh a lot.

Ana wants to create a new brand identity for Tessa, a la Katy Perry, etc, and Tessa seems to be open to it.  Mariah is not on board, which creates a clash between her and Ana, but also between her and Tessa. Anvilicious.

Devon asks Elena out on a date to make up for kissing her, and as dumb as this sounds it was actually sweet.  I like these two.

Oh, and Lauren wants Jack to give Phyllis a chance and he says he will think about it. 🤮

• Love 11

So I'm an episode behind, and I haven't read through this thread yet, but in the episode where Phyllis told Mia she didn't want to work with her, did anyone notice the earrings Phyllis was wearing and more importantly where I can get them?

It's the second time she's worn them and I've admired them and it's the second time "As Worn on TV" has provided details about her outfit and where you can buy it, but not her earrings. They're hoops with gold webbing of some sort inside and like black beards or Onyx or something along the hoop. Any ideas?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Why is Ana being such a bitch? 

5 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Sexual tension?

I wonder if they are getting rid of ANA by making her the stalker. Devon just doesn't have enough tragedy in his life.

Full bore bunny boiler.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Sexual tension?

There's an immediate, never fail cure for that - and his name is Daniel Goddard.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
(edited)

Sharon sees Adam!  But we don't .😖 

SC is doing that weird acting that she does, where it is so obvious she is acting. I don't understand what that is all about but she especially did it when she was bi-polar and now she is doing it leading into this Adam meeting. 

Mia is such an idiot but thank you, thank you, she fesses up to Paul. He pressures her and she says it was an accident. I am still having trouble reconciling this as an accident. Even when she explains it to Paul:  Abby humiliated me, I wanted to humiliate her. I went to confront her because I wanted to tell her what I thought about her.  I wanted her to be humiliated so I pushed her from behind, and she would be humiliated because she stumbled. 🙄 But then she fell.  But I didn't see her go into the pool and I didn't know it was LOOOLAAA!  Oh, and I accidentally stomped on her phone with my stiletto.  But it was an accident! And then I hightailed it out of there, because it was an accident!  So I didn't actually tell her what I thought nor did I humiliate her because she didn't see. But it was an accident!

Paul, for once, looked like the smart one today.

Are they making Phyllis completely pathetic so that when MS returns, we might like her better just due to change of actor?

Abby reaming out the Rosales boys was everything.  

Edited by bannana
  • Love 13

Abby humiliated me, I wanted to humiliate her. I wanted to tell her what I thought about her.  So I pushed her from behind, and I wanted her to be humiliated because she stumbled. 

Gawd, I can't stand her. She acts like a stupid, spoiled little baby.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, bannana said:

Sharon sees Adam!  But we don't .😖 

SC is doing that weird acting that she does, where it is so obvious she is acting. I don't understand what that is all about but she especially did it when she was bi-polar and now she is doing it leading into this Adam meeting. 

Mia is such an idiot but thank you, thank you, she fesses up to Paul. He pressures her and she says it was an accident. I am still having trouble reconciling this as an accident. Even when she explains it to Paul:  Abby humiliated me, I wanted to humiliate her. I went to confront her because I wanted to tell her what I thought about her.  I wanted her to be humiliated so I pushed her from behind, and she would be humiliated because she stumbled. 🙄 But then she fell.  But I didn't see her go into the pool and I didn't know it was LOOOLAAA!  Oh, and I accidentally stomped on her phone with my stiletto.  But it was an accident! And then I hightailed it out of there, because it was an accident!  So I didn't actually tell her what I thought nor did I humiliate her because she didn't see. But it was an accident!

Paul, for once, looked like the smart one today.

Are they making Phyllis completely pathetic so that when MS returns, we might like her better just due to change of actor?

Abby reaming out the Rosales boys was everything.  

Maybe they could just have Adam never appear? Always just be a figure on the outside of a doorframe? On a balcony with his back to the camera?

I'm starting to question my sense of what the word "accident" means after the past few days. It keeps coming out of the mouths of the Rosales group, and it's still not making any sense. Mia, the malevolent bitch with no impulse control and huge reserves of self-justification went after Abby. The results of shoving someone near a pool and stamping on a phone are not accidental.

The word we want here is intentional.

And of course Mia pulls the abdominal pain routine when Paulie starts making it real. Miami's calling; time to go.

Well, the Phyllis thing was kind of double-edged. She was in the booth in the back in the corner in the dark and all. But then she tried to work Slummer. And when Slummer calls you on ethics, you're pretty much in the mire. I hope Ashley doesn't take her call.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Odd with the pictures there was none of Chelsea and Conner, just Christian he kept separate? 

victor probably gave the pictures to him to jog his memory...more than likely he could care less about his siblings but if turd said "this is your son" maybe he thought "cool" and kept it..

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

So Adam has amnesia but he has a photograph of Christian?

giphy.gif

He probably got it off one of those "Have You Seen This Child" posters, since, like Sam, he was last seen foraging in the wild.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

So Adam has amnesia but he has a photograph of Christian?

giphy.gif

Someone (Victor I'm assuming) gave him an envelope that has "pictures of your family" written on the front. He kept all in the envelope, except the one of Christian that Sharon found separate. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

so, adam's smirk as he left sharon's rm is i presume one of him thinking he got away with pretending he has amnesia.

i have a question,  has anyone noticed the credits for name of actor playing theo...read at a different forum that this guy is nic not tyler.

• Love 3
(edited)
47 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Did Adam borrow dear ol' dad's jacket?

Young-and-the-Restless-Spoilers-Victor-N

I was about to say the same thing! (And what's up with the jacket at all? It's the middle of May and the average temp in Vegas is about 90 degrees).

One aspect of this iteration of The Revenant is the involvement of Victor and Sharon, and the two of them working together to help Adam remember. Would any of that ever happened when JFP or Pratt were there (the same goes for the MAB era as well)? Obviously not.

I'm bummed that they're going to bring Chelseacon back to GC. And how, pray tell, is it possible for her to return when she was facing a criminal arrest warrant when she hightailed it out of there? (Am I misremembering that? Maybe Nick just found the money in the wall and never said anything about it, so she's in the clear, but I thought that's the reason she left).

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

So that was underwhelming.  We finally get to see Adam and he is not bad at Adam though he is  not nearly angsty enough if they are trying to go back to the MM-recipe Adam.  Which is what it appears to be with all of the dialogue about him and his past.  For example, in GC, Drinki, Vic, Nick and Billy are talking about Adam with the latter two lamenting his return.  Nick apparently forgets how he tried to help Adam get away from Prick after everything Prick did to him.  How he grieved for him.  He is not remembering JT-recipe Adam at all.  Vic at least reminds Billy that he forgave Adam on the stand, but Billy is also in the way, way past and says it will be his mission to protect Vic and her kids from Adam. 😕 And Nick and Billy are convinced that Adam is conning Prick and Sharon, and that he is back to take all the financial spoils.  We also learn that somehow Prick has solved all of Adam's legal problems with the Governor.  Of course he has. 👀

The dialogue between Adam and Sharon was a lunch-bag letdown.  No heat there, boys and girls.  She doesn't really look too old for him, they just have no chemistry so far.  And as much as I always thought I hated those stalker return from the dead storylines, in this case, I think we needed it because this is just boring.  Although, he had a little half smile after Sharon left, and if that was supposed to be a devious I am conning everyone smirk, he missed the mark.  It was more like, hey, this luscious MILF wants me to come back to GC, I am all in for that.

When Sharon asked him what he remembers, he says he doesn't remember the explosion, he woke up on a freight train 🤣and found out about a poker game and the rest is history.  Seriously, show?  So there is clearly more to the story than that. Or at least there better be. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Artsda said:

Abby should have been at the family meeting to be told about Adam.  Billy gets to go, but not Abby? 

Why would Billy ever be invited to anything involving the Newmans if it didn't deal with his kids? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, bannana said:

So that was underwhelming.  😕👀

When Sharon asked him what he remembers, he says he doesn't remember the explosion, he woke up on a freight train 🤣a

Underwhelming is giving those scenes far too much credit. I swear I started working on shopping lists during their interchanges. The actor's voice is tenor-range and lacks inflection [I guess we're supposed to buy that as flattened affect or something] and to me, he's kind of a nothing.

As a catalogue model, Kyle has him beat.

13 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I'm picturing Adam as a hobo with a bandana tied around his stick.

Yup--a regular Woody Guthrie, headin' out for another Hooverville.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

You know, I really missed Victor being the dark master of the universe, able to wipe out inconvenient problems with a single authoritative snap of his spanx. Let us hope this fictional governor doesn’t get voted out for making deals with the devil’s bathroom attendant. Victor is quite the mover and shaker, especially after his daily cup o’ Metamucil. 

I can’t be arsed to care about Adam when you just know they’re eventually going to strap the old Chelsea boat anchor to his ankle. Pairing him with the gasper smoothed out any edges, leaving us with

D78E52CD-77F3-4050-BDBF-349037420E3F.png.696a962a1218d1395ecf7de19a323585.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Yup--a regular Woody Guthrie, headin' out for another Hooverville.

Didn't you mean, Hooterville?

giphy.gif

I don't think Adam's forgotten everything that used to matter to him.....

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, bannana said:

When Sharon asked him what he remembers, he says he doesn't remember the explosion, he woke up on a freight train 🤣and found out about a poker game and the rest is history.  Seriously, show?

WTF? Woke up on a freakin' freight train? I feel fairly certain that after that cabin blew up, he felt like he'd been hit by a locomotive, but seriously.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

I just watched the last eppy. I will say the actor playing Adam looks much better in person than in photographs. When I first saw his photo, all I saw was this weird, skinny Michael Jackson-ish nose, but it looks much better in real life. He's actually not bad looking, whereas based on his photos, I thought he was fugly. Especially after JH. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

WTF? Woke up on a freakin' freight train? I feel fairly certain that after that cabin blew up, he felt like he'd been hit by a locomotive, but seriously.

Well, as it turned out, 

GC  Proved too much for the man
(Too much for the man, he couldn't make it)
So he's leavin' the life he's come to know, ooh
(He said he's blowin')
He said he's blowin up to find
(Blowin' back to find)
Ooh ooh ooh, what's left of his world
That card game he left behind
Not so long ago

Which, in a nutshell, is why he was on that Midnight Train to Vegas.

What a Pip......

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Welcome to 1932.

I had a great aunt Sophie, who when she had the yen to visit her sisters, would jump a freight train from L.A. to Dubuque, and she always, always, arrived wearing her fur coat.  We lived by the tracks and I can still remember her appearing at our back door in time for breakfast, having hopped off the train whose whistle we could hear in the distance.  One in a million.

We were a Klassy bunch.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
(edited)
25 minutes ago, boes said:

I had a great aunt Sophie, who when she had the yen to visit her sisters, would jump a freight train from L.A. to Dubuque, and she always, always, arrived wearing her the coat.  We lived by the tracks and I can still remember her appearing at our back door in time for breakfast, having hopped off the train whose whistle we could hear in the distance.  One in a million.

We were a Klassy bunch.

That is so cool!

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, boes said:

I had a great aunt Sophie, who when she had the yen to visit her sisters, would jump a freight train from L.A. to Dubuque, and she always, always, arrived wearing her fur coat.  We lived by the tracks and I can still remember her appearing at our back door in time for breakfast, having hopped off the train whose whistle we could hear in the distance.  One in a million.

We were a Klassy bunch.

Bet Sophie knew my great uncle Bill.

• LOL 7
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:35 PM, boes said:

We were a Klassy bunch.

You're pulling our legs, right? Ya had me goin' there for a bit.

1 minute ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Not necessarily. I had a great grandmother who drove a model T from Pennsylvania to CA and then up to Seattle by herself in the early 1900's. She gave people rides in exchange for gas money. She had a blast! It was a simpler time. Go Grandma Minnie!

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Nope, totally true.  I'm maybe a wee bit older than some and Dubuque was more than a wee bit more back in time, but Great Aunt Sophie rode the rails when she was so inclined.  She had a husband who was a wildcatter, in California and in Texas who died in an explosion in a gas field in Texas, ended up in an orphanage as a tiny child till an aunt in California took her out to live on a farm in Santa Barbara - imagine what that real estate is worth now, had two kids and died in Arkansas, aged 90 in 1973.

And the fur coat was real.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12