Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I cannot wait for Sharon and Jack, they make me soooooo happy. I think it’s wonderful and brilliant to put them together and I don’t even care how long it lasts, I am totally on board for the ride. 

🎉🎊🎉🎊💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻🎉🎊🎉🎊

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

MS’s acteen choices continue to confound me. The jazz hands, the loud whispering, and the combo jazz hand loud whisper. Who behaves like this? (Sorry for the quality of the image. I took a photo of my TV from the comfort of my couch).

521F6DA4-5938-42E8-9B37-3BE784D4D75C.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

So we're supposed to believe Victor is dead based on that ending and previews for next week? Nah, Victor found out Adam doubled his dosage and is playing him. At least that's my impression. 

At least Chloe finally told Victoria where Billy is being kept. Maybe they can finally get him some psychological help. And maybe an x-ray. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

So we're supposed to believe Victor is dead based on that ending and previews for next week? Nah, Victor found out Adam doubled his dosage and is playing him. At least that's my impression. 

At least Chloe finally told Victoria where Billy is being kept. Maybe they can finally get him some psychological help. And maybe an x-ray. 

X-ray? Nah, what's a little embolism among friends. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I am okay with Shack.  First time around it was kind of jarring for me, but at this point, I think they are well suited.  But I don't see Sharon leaving her house, nor being the lady of the Abbott manse, so it is probably just a fling.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Victoria, if you want to be a successful businessperson, learn to plug in your phone.  Certainly you can afford extra chargers in your car, office, shoulder bag & home.  Staring at her dead phone just made her look like an idiot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Why, EVERYBODY dies at least once in Genoa City -- even the Undead, like Victor.

Actually, I did not like seeing Victor dead, as I think Eric has been really hitting it out of the park on this storyline.  Or this is bizarro world as he is the least objectionable and annoying character lately (lookin' at you, sleazeball Theo, you're Number One).

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

If he had no pulse, why didn't they start compressions? No way is victor dead,

Sharon and Jack, come on,Jack can do so much better.

Sharon's the town bike!

250?..lol

I was thinking, somewhere in the midst of yesterday's CDN, just what a lousy episode that was: And I'm not one of those who says, "I'm through with this show," and all. I'm not hard to amuse.

If Adam and Nick pissing on each other, redux, is supposed to be something fresh...no... Even if we multiply that tired trope by the quantity of dramatic so to speak irony of Adam's actually dosing up dad, it's still a drag.

And oh my heavens [fanning of self] Sharon and Jack spa'ing out at the same place? Quel coinidink! And even PB couldn't save what was basically a pile of dull exposition.

Speaking of dinks, who's left for Sharon? Isn't it all retreads now?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

As are nearly every other character on Show. Don't be sexist.

I don't see why Sharon is so much more special than most of the other women on this show. I mean, Victoria and Nikki share at least four exes and Chelsea continues to bounce between Atonal Adam and Banana Boy, who himself has been with Phyl and her sister Avery as well as Diane.

It's a tired criticism that I agree needs to be put to rest no matter who it's aimed at. Plenty of other things to shake my head at where she's concerned--like her continuing to entertain Atonal, and even moreso now that I'm sure Faith is old enough to be aware of all that history. I wonder if teen Faith will follow in her big sis' footsteps--on more accurately, her tire tracks--and run him off the road, too. She can even get her own car out of the deal like Nick gave Summer!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

You know what I don't get? How Adam can stand there saying things like the family treats him like a leper. How could they blame him for Victor's death? How could they say that had Adam not come back to town, Victor would probably still be alive? 

Like, dude, you came back to town and messed with your dad's meds and he "died." It is all your fault. It's like Adam is the one who has DID or something. It's just baffling to me. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Having a lot of sex isn’t a character flaw. 

Good god, is Victor faking his death? I mean, really? And I suppose we’ll all be expected to applaud and express our amazement at his latest resurrection. Wow, he got one over on Adam. Chloe did too. Big fucking deal.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, jewel21 said:

You know what I don't get? How Adam can stand there saying things like the family treats him like a leper. How could they blame him for Victor's death? How could they say that had Adam not come back to town, Victor would probably still be alive? 

Like, dude, you came back to town and messed with your dad's meds and he "died." It is all your fault. It's like Adam is the one who has DID or something. It's just baffling to me. 

While I find it hard to muster any tears on Victor's behalf, Adam's high and mighty attitude and being offended that the family thinks him to be a snake in the grass is grating on my nerves. What the hell did he think was going to happen when he fucked with his medication? What reason has he given the Newmans--or anyone--to think he's deserving of trust? He hasn't even rescued any family pets like MM's Adam did.

1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

She's a character in a soap,who happens IMO,to be a bed hopper. I can't stand her

Has she, though?

Her character has been around since 1994 and in twenty-five years, she spent the first 11 to 12 of that with Nick. Adding in their reunions post-divorce, that's more than half of her screen time with the same person. The only time I could really call her a "bed hopper" was that time where she boinked Jack, Nick and Billy in the same week  and we had that stupid WTD over Faith, but she was single at the time. Billy and Nick were married, or about to be, and if she deserves scathing for that instance (that was brought about for reasons I've since forgotten), then so do they.

If anything, I feel like Sharon has been too well-defined by one man, to the point that while most women on the show go back to using their maiden name when divorced (Like Phyllis Summers or Lauren who still is called Fenmore after 15 years of marriage), no one calls her Sharon Collins despite not being married to a Newman in the past decade. I don't think I even knew her maiden name before the invention of Youtube, to be honest.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Good god, is Victor faking his death? I mean, really? And I suppose we’ll all be expected to applaud and express our amazement at his latest resurrection. Wow, he got one over on Adam. Chloe did too. Big fucking deal.

Did Victor tell his children and more importantly his grandchildren his grand plan of faking out Adam with his death? I don’t care if Adam gets fooled, but the grandkids especially the ones that are still children, shouldn’t be put through that.

And I don’t have any sympathy for Victor especially since he has been guilty of screwing over Adam’s life for “reasons” and messing with someone’s medication for “reasons” (Sharon).

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Jack’s been fucked over by each and every woman so many times it doesn’t matter who he’s paired with I can’t get interested for the inevitable humiliation.

Thanks Show giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89789c0a66f4dc84f7e2a

Big Mood. Waiting for Jack to have any lasting happiness is like waiting for one of Victor and/or Adam's deaths to finally stick.

So how do we think this one will fail? Sharon cheats on him with Adam? She and Nick find their way back together? Or maybe Jack gets raped yet again and someone holds the pictures as blackmail, because that's how this garbage show rolls.

The saddest part is, Sharon really *is* the best of a bad bunch, and far preferable to a revisit of Phack. 

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I believe Nikki and Victoria also both did things with Deacon? And not against a dumpster?

Nope, it would be against the law for Nikki or Victoria, or indeed anyone to involve a dumpster in their sexcapades, no matter the partner.

Phyllis owns the rights to any and all dumpster-related affairs.  

It's the law.

• LOL 13
57 minutes ago, boes said:

Nope, it would be against the law for Nikki or Victoria, or indeed anyone to involve a dumpster in their sexcapades, no matter the partner.

Phyllis owns the rights to any and all dumpster-related affairs.  

It's the law.

I could not believe that TIIC thought we'd think that was sooo hot and sexay. Can you imagine the smell? And not just the rank odor of sleezeball coming off Deacon.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Drinki's lover was also Victoria's husband, right?

I don't remember that, but I do remember that Drinki was having a little romp du jour with the dreaded Arturrrro.....who happened to end up with Abby.

(it made me shudder as I typed Drinki and Arturrro and thought about them together- sorry if I caused the same for you as you read it!)

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Drinki's lover was also Victoria's husband, right?

3 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I don't remember that, but I do remember that Drinki was having a little romp du jour with the dreaded Arturrrro.....who happened to end up with Abby.

(it made me shudder as I typed Drinki and Arturrro - sorry if I caused the same for you as you read it!)

Cole Howard who was Victoria's 2nd husband in the 90's also slept with Drinki before marrying her daughter. At one time Cole and Victoria thought they could have been siblings due to his Mother.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Cole Howard who was Victoria's 2nd husband in the 90's also slept with Drinki before marrying her daughter. At one time Cole and Victoria thought they could have been siblings due to his Mother.

Wasn't there also some cross pollinating with David Chow?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Wow....now that you bring it up, I very vaguely remember this.  Great memory you have!

• Love 5
On 9/16/2019 at 11:38 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

Brad? I mean, Brad was with everyone , except Sharon. 

I try to not to think about Brad because how they chose to write him off made me so sad. In my mind he's in witness protection somewhere after getting defrosted.

Edited by Jaded
Grammar corrections
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Brad was with Sharon .When she was pregnant, she didn't know if Brad, Jack or Nick was the father.smh

that is not true.

sharon was with brad 1 time when they were both in the same hotel for some reason.  phyl found out and that's when she, dru and sharon fought on the side of a cliff and dru died but sharon didn't.

it was billy, jack and nick but nick won the baby lottery.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Sharon never had sex with Brad.. she was going to but called it off. 

The WTD was between Nick, Billy and Jack. 

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Brad was w Sharon. He died declaring his love. 

They never had sex or were a couple though. 

Yes, he did say that she was the one who got away. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Sharon is no worse nor no better than most of the characters, they've all got plenty of action through the years. Sharon did sleep with Brad in the hotel because they were in the afterglow the next morning and ordered room service and she requested tomato instead of hash browns with her eggs. The odd things we remember!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, livvie said:

Sharon is no worse nor no better than most of the characters, they've all got plenty of action through the years. Sharon did sleep with Brad in the hotel because they were in the afterglow the next morning and ordered room service and she requested tomato instead of hash browns with her eggs. The odd things we remember!

This. The entire cast have been playing musical beds, stairs, elevators, desks, whatever for as long as Show has been on. GC is just one big, incestuous warren.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I think I may skip tomorrow's episode (I'm in the US) and will just read about it here!

Not only am I annoyed and bored by this whole story line with Beely, I'm also not on board with the show's handling of someone with serious emotional issues.

To know they're devoting an hour to this tomorrow, when there are way more compelling story lines they could be focusing on (maybe?  perhaps?  I don't know anymore, the writing has gotten so poor lately), is more than I can take. 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

In all seriousness fuck Josh Griffith, Ron C and any other soap writer who's still making a mockery when telling stories regarding mental illness. The two I mentioned seem obsessed with doing so. I've been on a break from Y&R so those screenshots and GIFs from the Billy loosing touch with reality storyline piss me off.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I met Sharon Case a few years ago, she was st the opening of a mall. She was quite shy, and she had terrible posture,

That might be the funniest thing I have ever read on this site.  Sharon Case has seriously perfect posture!  When I think about these things, and from time to time I do, I wonder, who has great posture.  Answer: Sharon Case.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6