Type keyword(s) to search

Beyond 90210: Cast members in the media and other roles

• Start Topic

(edited)

If they ever do a reunion, I really hope they just ignore any of the stuff that happened in the 90210 reboot.

Luke is a man in his 50's now. He looks fine. He probably should have taken better care of his skin in his 20's, but I've seen worse.

Jason is looking good. Looking real good. Babe.

Whoever did Jason's reconstruction really should be commended. They did a fantastic job. And Jason is a really great example of why you should avoid the sun when you're young. (Did Brandon, Kelly, or Brenda EVER have tans on the show?)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

Just started season 2 of Masters of Horror and Jason Priestly stars in one of the episodes, The Screwfly Solution.  The premise is that there is an epidemic that makes men agressive, beliigerent, and violent towards women until all the women are killed/extinct.  The level of braying done by Priestly, complete with cussing and menace, puts every one of Brandon''s brayfests to shame!  It was like this was made specifically with Priestly's special talent in mind.

• Love 2

I saw photos of Luke Perry at the Glaad awards this weekend, but couldn't figure out why he was there until I saw this article linked on Go Fug Yourself. I hadn't realized how close Luke Perry was to Alexis Arquette, and reading his statements/seeing him speak gave me a whole new respect for him. Good on you Luke Perry.

• Love 6

I kind of fell down that rabbit hole known as YouTube tonight.  All of the awful, yet spellbinding, tv movies Tiffani made while on 90210 are available with the easiest of searches. I've loved Tiffani since her Kelly Kapowski days which meant that I watched every one of those movies when they aired live.  They're still awful and spellbinding, by the way, but also hilarious because they ask us to suspend A LOT of disbelief (such as 1995 Brian Austin Green as a football star) and it's lots of fun. 

• Love 3

Watching one of those Retro TV stations, there's a show from, I'm guessing by the clothing, late 60's,  early 70's called "Good Morning, World", Goldie Hawn plays one wife, the other was so familiar but could not place her.  Googled the show, it's Joan, Nat's, wife, Julie Parrish. Guess she died a few years ago.

We were binge watching a show called "The Mick" and Jennie Garth was on it, playing herself (sort of).  She is the mom of an obnoxious boy but the main character wants to befriend her in order to go to Mario Lopez's birthday party.  

John Sears was the frat guy who hit on Kelly her freshman year at college.

Didn't he grow up to be Dan Scott on One Tree Hill?

I also just saw Dr. Martin on an old Law and Order episode. Coincidentally he was playing a lawyer, defending a cardiac transplant surgeon!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Didn't he grow up to be Dan Scott on One Tree Hill?

I also just saw Dr. Martin on an old Law and Order episode. Coincidentally he was playing a lawyer, defending a cardiac transplant surgeon!

He did! Also had his new heart eaten by a dog on One Tree Hill.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, TigersWin said:

I am sorry if this is in wrong thread, but is anyone aware if this is still showing on POP?

I keep checking, but it hasn't been on the schedule since December. Other people have asked about it on their Facebook page, but they always say it's "taking a break."

On 4/11/2018 at 6:24 PM, allienc said:

This is not technically a “role” but poor tori is looking rough on instagram.

E0EE3CBC-D6D4-4640-B863-F73E6E03DD51.jpeg

Holy shit!  Her face.....I have no words.  And we thought her cleavern was traumatic before.  That's the stuff of nightmares!

Ian Ziering is a dad in Fuck the Prom, a Netflix movie.  He and the other adults/parents in the film were honestly the best part.  

• Love 1

I'd be shocked if an original cast return series happens but, if this a serious consideration, I think they should stop.  First, because Brenda's participation would be essential to my interest and I doubt she'll be present.  Second, you know they'll want Dylan back and Luke would be insane to leave Riverdale.  Third, it will just be more of the same: Kelly and Brandon are self-righteous, Steve is a goof, Donna is stupid, David is an asshole, and Andrea is off doing other things.  Only now they'll be older.  What's interesting about that? 

• Love 6

First, because Brenda's participation would be essential to my interest and I doubt she'll be present. 

She's returned for some reunions and appeared in a few episodes of the reboot on the CW as Brenda.  I don't know if she would commit to be a regular, but I can't see why she would decline to participate. 

• Love 3

It's a feeling more than anything.  I think that the guys would be fine with her but I wouldn't be surprised if there's still some lingering negativity from Jennie, Tori, and Gabrielle.  I remember how distant Jennie was in at least one of the reunions (I don't remember if Tori or Gabrielle were present), while Shannon was laughing and relaxed as she reminisced with the guys.  The CW reboot did have her and Jennie interact, which would support them being able to work together again so that particular impression may no longer apply.  We've read about how much Gabrielle hated her, and I've read that Tori apparently still harbors resentment, so the rest of the group may choose not to argue if one or both doesn't want her to participate (and they'd use her rep as being "Difficult to work with" as the reason).  Again, this is just a feeling on my part but it's based on how she was fired and the fallout from her absence. 

What may end up happening is that they do want to bring back Shannon and Brenda but Shannon may still be focusing on her health or that the plan is to have everyone wondering Where's Brenda? and her return is how the first season ends.  They may even intend to get around any negative feelings by having Brenda be recurring so that she's not around much. 

I will say that, if the show happens and they do bring Brenda back, I'd also like to see the return of Val so the two can finally interact.  Val's even less likely than Brenda, since Jennie and Tori's hatred of Tiffani is far more recent and they'd no doubt appeal to the showrunner to keep her away, but that's still a dream of mine.

• Love 1

It’s hard to keep up but I think everyone’s (at least publicly) basically cool with Shannen at this point. Even before her cancer diagnosis I remember Jennie saying that they had made up – it seemed to me she’d turned her ire to Tiffani. Classic Taylor.  

The articles about this are confusing - apparently they won't be playing their old characters. The earlier reports, from when it was just Jennie and Tori's thing, makes me think it might be more of a spoof of reboots, with them playing themselves playing their characters? So basically a 2019 Grosse Pointe but they cut out the middlemen. I think that would have a way better chance of success than an earnest continuation but I’d personally prefer something lighter on the intentional comedy. Most of the cast seems too self-conscious to truly mock themselves in a way that wouldn’t get self-congratulatory and tiring after a couple of episodes.

• Love 2

I really want my Kelly and Dylan wedding, but I'm loathe to get excited for anything else that might screw with canon like nu90210 did, and I am sick to death of reboots.

I'd pay money to watch a full cast reunion with writers and producers spanning the whole run. Watching them all  interact and just talk about the show and answer questions is enough entertainment for me.

Unless Luke signs on, I'm avoiding it like I did the last reboot. I would kill to hear Brandon and Andrea ended up together, and I always thought Val deserved a happy ending, but I don't trust anyone to get it right with these things.

Besides Luke being tied up with a hit series, Lindsey Price is slaying in Splitting Up Together, and I am not cool with anything that messes up Steve and Janet's lovely storyline.

• Love 4
On 12/22/2018 at 10:19 AM, allienc said:

Can't believe Priestley is involved in this after only showing up on the finale in a video. 

Jason was doing a play at the time and could not film (that’s why he made a video appearance). He was on good terms with the show at its end, it was purely situational. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jason was doing a play at the time and could not film (that’s why he made a video appearance). He was on good terms with the show at its end, it was purely situational. 

Yup . And I read an interview he was in and he said he regretted leaving the show . He said the writers were heading toward a Brandon / Kelly ending until he left and he said he wished he saw it through to the end .

• Love 4

Any link to that statement? Pretty curious how that would have worked with Luke coming back, since he spent the entirety of his last one and a half seasons happily glued to Jennie. They had the chance to end the show with a Brandon Kelly wedding, and that played out exactly as expected. They were just never a viable couple for me.

I just can't see them turning down Luke's return. It would have been a heck of a lot more fun to see Luke and Jason interact, but I adored seeing Luke with Jennie nonetheless.

And, IMO, it's no accident that the last words spoken in the series are said by Kelly to Dylan.

• Love 1