Type keyword(s) to search

Beyond 90210: Cast members in the media and other roles

• Start Topic

On 11/8/2019 at 10:43 PM, ilovebeaarthur said:

This is the best she’s looked in a while (at least in the screen grab). Her face looks less pinched. 

The soft pastel makeup works better with the platinum blonde.

I feel like her general reaction to the cancellation was to shrug, then decide to start on this next thing. And you know what? Good for her.

• Love 2

Shannen still has a shot at outliving Luke Perry's lifespan, but hitting Gab's current age probably won't happen for Shannen. Damn. I do think if there's anyone who can beat the odds, it's Shannen. It had to be so weird for Shannen when she got the diagnosis and Luke Perry wound up going first instead.

We've just started watching You. The books are better, FYI. However, our favorite mall-attorney, Matt Durning, popped up as a really bad dude. It was a departure from dull-as-dirt, Matt, to this character. 

• Love 5
On 2/13/2020 at 9:34 AM, nkotb said:

We've just started watching You. The books are better, FYI. However, our favorite mall-attorney, Matt Durning, popped up as a really bad dude. It was a departure from dull-as-dirt, Matt, to this character. 

Matt made Brandon seem like he had swag . I never bought that Kelly would be interested in Matt . If Kelly were a real life person , she’d be bored within minutes . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Now, this isn’t quite Luke, Jason, or Shannen, but I have been watching Barnaby Jones on MeTV (yes, apparently I am Grandpa Simpson! LOL) and I’ve noticed how many 90210 parents “guest starred” on various episodes. Katherine Cannon (Felice Martin), Michael Durrell (Dr Martin), Joe E Tata (Nat), Christine Belford (Samantha Sanders)... Given the nature of their work, and their ages, it wasn’t entirely surprising, but it’s still pretty funny watching and thinking, “what parental figure from 90210 will show up today?” 🤣

• Love 6

There’s a pretty good podcast that started not too long ago called the Beverly Hills 90210 Show. It’s hosted by a guy named Pete who seems like a big fan, and also Charles Rosin, who was the main writer for the first few seasons. Also Larry Mollin (producer and writer) is on a lot too.  They have had a lot of fun guest stars like Carol Potter and Michael Cudlitz, who played Tony Miller. (He was on the Donna Martin Graduates episode and I really enjoyed his insights. He had a lot of nice things to say about Shannen too.) 

Anyway, I haven’t listened to all of the episodes yet but the ones I heard have been pretty entertaining and there’s a lot of interesting tidbits that come up. (Did you know the actor who played Gil Myers was originally considered for the role of Rick, but Aaron Spelling wanted someone manlier so Dean Cain got it instead.) It’s not a rewatch podcast, instead they’ll pick out certain episodes to revisit or do a theme, like the music of 90210, or focus one one character, like Valerie. 

Anyway, I figured you guys would enjoy it so check it out if you get a chance. There were some sound issues in the first episode but it seems like it’s getting better as it goes along. You can listen as a podcast or they have videos on YouTube as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-22w2BYWDFaHsFAyvaB6IQ

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Here’s a little snippet from the latest podcast I posted about above. The focus of this episode was the Scamily so they had the actress who played Suzanne on. (She still sounds exactly the same!) Also James Eckhouse; so nice to see him. Here they are talking about Luke. 

Edited by desertflower
  • Love 1
On 6/3/2020 at 2:13 PM, desertflower said:

There’s a pretty good podcast that started not too long ago called the Beverly Hills 90210 Show. It’s hosted by a guy named Pete who seems like a big fan, and also Charles Rosin, who was the main writer for the first few seasons. Also Larry Mollin (producer and writer) is on a lot too.  They have had a lot of fun guest stars like Carol Potter and Michael Cudlitz, who played Tony Miller. (He was on the Donna Martin Graduates episode and I really enjoyed his insights. He had a lot of nice things to say about Shannen too.) 

Anyway, I haven’t listened to all of the episodes yet but the ones I heard have been pretty entertaining and there’s a lot of interesting tidbits that come up. (Did you know the actor who played Gil Myers was originally considered for the role of Rick, but Aaron Spelling wanted someone manlier so Dean Cain got it instead.) It’s not a rewatch podcast, instead they’ll pick out certain episodes to revisit or do a theme, like the music of 90210, or focus one one character, like Valerie. 

Anyway, I figured you guys would enjoy it so check it out if you get a chance. There were some sound issues in the first episode but it seems like it’s getting better as it goes along. You can listen as a podcast or they have videos on YouTube as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-22w2BYWDFaHsFAyvaB6IQ

Thanks I will check it out. 

On 6/6/2020 at 12:20 PM, desertflower said:

Here’s a little snippet from the latest podcast I posted about above. The focus of this episode was the Scamily so they had the actress who played Suzanne on. (She still sounds exactly the same!) Also James Eckhouse; so nice to see him. Here they are talking about Luke. 

I have been watching it’s been fun! I can’t wait for them to talk about Joe- who was actually perfect for Donna in temperament and values. 

On 9/4/2020 at 9:39 PM, ilovebeaarthur said:

I saw a small clip,and Cameron Bancroft (Joe)  is 100% gray!

It was a while ago! He is a total silver fox. 

I love the podcast/show so much. I’ve been listening to the YouTube version rather than the podcast for some reason. I like looking at people’s faces. 

6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

The super show is up here to celebrate the 30th Anniversary. 

That was so fun to watch! They had a few technical glitches here and there but man that must’ve been hard to coordinate all those people popping in and out. Jamie Walters was a highlight, I hope they can talk to him more. Also Doug Emerson seems so nice and grateful. While it’s always nice to see the main cast I have REALLY enjoyed seeing all the supporting actors they’ve brought on. Ann Gillespie (Jackie) looked fantastic. 

• Love 3
On 10/2/2020 at 5:10 AM, KWalkerInc said:

Sounds like someone probably told her that to mess with her. I’ve been watching the podcast referenced up thread and one common thread the guest stars all seem to say is that the guys were welcoming (especially Luke) and some of the girls were stand off-ish at first but gradually warmed up. Most of them have said Tori and Gabrielle were nice. But Jessica Alba was on in the later seasons, so who knows. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, desertflower said:

Sounds like someone probably told her that to mess with her. I’ve been watching the podcast referenced up thread and one common thread the guest stars all seem to say is that the guys were welcoming (especially Luke) and some of the girls were stand off-ish at first but gradually warmed up. Most of them have said Tori and Gabrielle were nice. But Jessica Alba was on in the later seasons, so who knows. 

Yes. Also she was a teenager at the time- she was probably freaked out at one of her first roles on a major tv show and a not kind person said that to mess with her. 

On 10/5/2020 at 10:10 AM, Scarlett45 said:

The super show is up here to celebrate the 30th Anniversary. 

Listening to the podcast version now. Wow, thirty years! 12 almost 13 year old me would never believe I’d still be an avid fan of this show.😊

• Love 2

So, Jennie and Tori started a podcast. (90210MG) I listened to the first episode, it could be interesting. They’re going to rewatch the entire series so the next episode will tackle the pilot. The first one is just a intro. Seems like they will get into some behind the scenes stuff. The only bad thing is Jennie keeps saying she doesn’t remember anything. But as she watches hopefully it will jog her memory. Tori apparently remembers everything. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/9/2020 at 1:00 PM, desertflower said:

So, Jennie and Tori started a podcast. (90210MG) I listened to the first episode, it could be interesting. They’re going to rewatch the entire series so the next episode will tackle the pilot. The first one is just a intro. Seems like they will get into some behind the scenes stuff. The only bad thing is Jennie keeps saying she doesn’t remember anything. But as she watches hopefully it will jog her memory. Tori apparently remembers everything. 

I am listening too! This should be fun. I can believe Jennie doesn't remember- 1. this was 30yrs ago for these early episodes, 2. they dont film them sequentially, 3. they don't rewatch the show the way we do, over and over and talk about it on message boards. I had forgotten some details from the Pilot (like Marianne Moore) and I am a pretty big 90210 fan.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

They do, I stopped listening to the Melrose Place one as I didnt watch Melrose and I had other things to listen to, but I do adore them.

Same! I tried to listen just because I love them so much but I didn't watch Melrose faithfully. Hearing them read their audiobook was a treat.

I just listened to the Christmas special from the Beverly Hills 90210 Show podcast.  They had some fun guest stars;  they found Gil Myers! He looks great and seemed to have fun. They also had Mrs. Teasley and it was nice to see her. I get a kick out of seeing the supporting actors, it’s fun to hear their perspectives.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, desertflower said:

I just listened to the Christmas special from the Beverly Hills 90210 Show podcast.  They had some fun guest stars;  they found Gil Myers! He looks great and seemed to have fun. They also had Mrs. Teasley and it was nice to see her. I get a kick out of seeing the supporting actors, it’s fun to hear their perspectives.

I’ll have to watch that YouTube episode- for some reason I like that one in YouTube  version. 

I finished the book! It was such fun, but 75% of the episodes are from seasons 1-6 and can we BLAME THEM???? Lol. Is anyone else going to rewatch on Plutotv? I have a lot of rewatches starting but I will get to it, start at S01:E01 and listen to Brandon BRAYING....

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I finished the book! It was such fun, but 75% of the episodes are from seasons 1-6 and can we BLAME THEM???? Lol. Is anyone else going to rewatch on Plutotv? I have a lot of rewatches starting but I will get to it, start at S01:E01 and listen to Brandon BRAYING....

I had no idea the episodes were on Pluto! I wish someone would broadcast them with the original music.

• Love 1

Okay where have I been the last three years that I hadn’t been watching Cress Williams (DeShawn Hardell) in Black Lightening. 

My Mom and I just started and we are loving it. He has tons of charisma. I also liked him on Living Single. 

I am by listening to Tori and Jenni’s podcast. The intro sounds fun, even if Jenni doesn’t seem to remember too much. Tori should make up for that, though. I do like their friendship. 

This will be fun during my runs. It is so cold right now, so the podcast warmed me up! 

• Love 3

Re: the original music, I listen to the Beverly Hills 90210 Show podcast and Charles Rosin (original producer/writer) has talked about it a lot. It sounds like at this point nobody has the original music anymore. (Although I have not checked Pluto, which some people were mentioning above.) Apparently years ago they did not negotiate the music rights past a certain point, so some channels (like Soapnet and Pop) did have some of the music for a while, but over time they lost most of it. Rosin said he’s working very hard to try to get the music rights restored but I guess it’s pretty complicated. 
On another note, they had Randy Spelling on the podcast and even though I thought his character was a doofus on the show, Randy came across super nice. He was thoughtful and humble and had a lot of good thoughts on the show. On another episode they had the guy who played Dan Rubin, and he also seemed pretty cool. They asked if he knew where his character was going and he said “Well, you never know in the beginning but then there was a point where you go “uh oh, Dan’s going south. Dan’s not gonna make it.” Lol. He seemed to have a good attitude about it. I like seeing all the supporting actors and what they look like now, it’s fun. 
Also, did anyone listen to Tori and Jennie’s podcast when they had Douglas Emerson on? Oh my gosh, he was so sweet and polite and respectful. After they hung up with him both the girls gushed about how sweet he was and Tori said maybe she messed up crushing on Brian back then and should’ve paid more attention to Doug. It was sweet. 

• Love 4
On 3/18/2021 at 2:24 PM, desertflower said:

Re: the original music, I listen to the Beverly Hills 90210 Show podcast and Charles Rosin (original producer/writer) has talked about it a lot. It sounds like at this point nobody has the original music anymore. (Although I have not checked Pluto, which some people were mentioning above.) Apparently years ago they did not negotiate the music rights past a certain point, so some channels (like Soapnet and Pop) did have some of the music for a while, but over time they lost most of it. Rosin said he’s working very hard to try to get the music rights restored but I guess it’s pretty complicated. 
On another note, they had Randy Spelling on the podcast and even though I thought his character was a doofus on the show, Randy came across super nice. He was thoughtful and humble and had a lot of good thoughts on the show. On another episode they had the guy who played Dan Rubin, and he also seemed pretty cool. They asked if he knew where his character was going and he said “Well, you never know in the beginning but then there was a point where you go “uh oh, Dan’s going south. Dan’s not gonna make it.” Lol. He seemed to have a good attitude about it. I like seeing all the supporting actors and what they look like now, it’s fun. 
Also, did anyone listen to Tori and Jennie’s podcast when they had Douglas Emerson on? Oh my gosh, he was so sweet and polite and respectful. After they hung up with him both the girls gushed about how sweet he was and Tori said maybe she messed up crushing on Brian back then and should’ve paid more attention to Doug. It was sweet. 

Yes yes! I saw/listened to both of the episodes you are talking about! I like the Beverly Hills 90210 Show via YouTube for some reason (maybe because I like to see the faces of the guest stars) and I have been following Jennie and Tori's podcast. Douglas Emerson was THE BEST guest star, he seems like such a sincere wonderful human being. 

• Love 3

I originally shared this in the One Tree Hill thread:

So I was listening to the Beverly Hills 90210 Show podcast, and our own Paul Johansson  aka John Sears, was aiming to be an Olympic basketball player for Canada! He was cut a few weeks before the 1988 Olympics in Seoul, and that’s why he decided to go into acting. His role on OTH makes so much sense although we didn’t see Dan physically play a lot, but Paul would have the technical knowledge of the game which would help him in the part. 

It makes sense why John Sears was way more built than any guy who had shown up on 90210, and was taller even than Ian Ziering. 

• Love 1