Type keyword(s) to search

Beyond 90210: Cast members in the media and other roles

• Start Topic

Our beloved ass-kicking Ms. Teasley was on the first episode of the Jim Gaffigan Show on TV Land last week. You can also catch a much younger Matthew Laurence (Dr. Mel Silver) on reruns of the $25,000 Pyramid on the Gameshow Network.

1) All forms of abuse, either emotional or physical count as domestic violence and are terrible and 2) None of this has anything to do with the topic at hand which is Cast in the Media Other and Roles so lets move it along. (Note, I realize Media is part of the topic, but these are blind items revealed from 6-8 years ago so...)

While there is obviously nothing embarrassing or shameful about having breast cancer, it is personal and should thus be revealed on one's own terms.  Apparently this public announcement came about because some gossip site reported on court documents filed (she and her husband are suing their managers on various grounds, including the allegation they did not pay her health insurance premium, leading to lapsed coverage and the inability to re-enroll until the next year, causing a delay in diagnosis).

She's only 44 and it has spread to the lymph nodes (according to People).  Both are negative factors, but certainly not insurmountable.  I wish the best for her.

• Love 1

So, the TV show Haven ended tonight after a pretty lame final season.  One amazing thing of note happened though.  Jason Priestley appeared for less than ten seconds, didn't say a word and got slapped in the face.  That was the whole entire scene.  It made me smile for Again With This reasons.  

For the record, he was a recurring character on the show.  It wasn't out of nowhere, but since I've most recently seen him in 90210, it had that extra bit of joy.

• Love 1

Ian Ziering turned up on the Muppets tonight, and it was pretty cute. Gonzo was buying his old house and they were impressed with how nice it was. "It's the house that 90210 built and that Sharknado redecorated!" "That's where he kept his pole; he was a Chippendale dancer." Also lots of jokes about him being old and playing a high school student.

• Love 1

Tori Spelling made an appearance on David Tutera's CELBrations this weeked for her son's third birthday party.  It was as over the top as you would expect and had it not been for the ubiquitous product placements complete with signage, the event would have cost more than my car if not my house.  However the most amazing thing about it was the commercial midway through for Psychic Source hotline.  Apparently Tori is their spokeswoman and gets all her life advice for 75 cents per minute.

HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!?!?!?!?

I was delighted to see Gabrielle Carteris in the Saturday night Lifetime movie this past weekend. (It was terrible even by genre standards, but it was fun to see her acting again -- and playing an age-appropriate role!)

With Ken Howard's passing Gabrielle just became president of SAG AFTRA.

She looks younger in the picture in the article I read tonight than she did on the show 20 years ago since she isn't styled like a grandma.

It's a huge Union and a big deal.

• Love 2

I learned two important things tonight. First, since we are all lovers of the 1990s here, I will share that there is an ER forum at PTV! And second, in that forum I learned that the guy who played Lenny, the wife beater who Kelly encounters at the clinic and then helps his wife escape with their baby, is played by the same guy who voiced Prince Eric in The Little Mermaid.

No, no, it's good to post it. She succeeded upon Ken's death according to the bylaws, she was the Acting President at that point, that's the other post. She was just made the regular President today til the end of the current term.

So Ian has Sharknado, Luke has Riverdale, Jason has a TV show, Brian is joining Rosewood, Gabby is president of SAG, Kathleen has Murder in the First, and Tiff had a cooking show.

But what does Tori have? This

Oh Tori....

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:15 PM, SoupThrower said:

But what does Tori have? This

Oh Tori....

Tori has the "Mother May I Sleep with Danger" remake on Lifetime directed by James Franco that was fantastically awesome/awful.

• Love 2

The cover says Happy 9021-Five O so I'm assuming - he's fifty this month. I am not sure, I think if you're middle aged they start soliciting you in hopes membership. An ex of mine i am still friends w is 47 or 48 and he gets publications from AARP in his junk mail now. 

Luke Perry looks good on the cover, he grew into his face. Or his face caught up w his forehead w/e 

• Love 2

Some of the cast got together at a convention over the weekend. The audio on this isn't great at times but it's fun to see them together and I even teared up at the part when Luke talked about returning to the show. It was Gabrielle, Jennie, Luke, Tori, Jason,  and even though they don't say too much, Vincent Young, Christine Elise and James Eckhouse are there as well. 

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/11/12/90210-reunion-video-cast-rewindcon-panel-watch/#com

Edited by desertflower
  • Love 3

On Garth's instagram there is a picture that says "Fight Like a Brenda" with the pink ribbon.  She wrote a very sweet note talking about Shando's strength and how the current-Garth admires it.  It's very open and doesn't seem fake at all.  No idea how to post it as I'm just starting to understand Instagram.

• Love 2

For those who don't have time to watch the whole video of the gang at the convention over the weekend, here are a few highlights I enjoyed:

-Luke gets emotional talking about why he returned to the show. One of the producers had cancer and he realized how much he missed him and the other people, and that they were his family. He kisses Jennie's hand and it's very sweet.

-An audience member asks if the cast's kids have watched the show and Tori says her daughter watched a scene and immediately identified Jennie Garth but couldn't find Tori. To make matters worse it was a scene with ONLY Jennie and Tori. Hilarious, but also kinda sad.

-Audience is asked what their favorite lines are and one guy says the "You into videotape?" line Dylan says to Brenda. Everyone gets a good laugh out of that. 

-Tori and Brian rewrote the dialogue for their wedding vows. She said Brian was so good she remembered telling Jennie later that night "I think I'm in love with Brian!" And Jennie responded with "You'll be over it by tomorrow." They all laugh about it. 

There were other fun parts but those were my favorite. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

On Garth's instagram there is a picture that says "Fight Like a Brenda" with the pink ribbon.  She wrote a very sweet note talking about Shando's strength and how the current-Garth admires it.  It's very open and doesn't seem fake at all.  No idea how to post it as I'm just starting to understand Instagram.

Here you go :) 

Shannen also replied in her Instagram saying:

I'm so proud of this friendship and the mutual respect and admiration we have for each other. #Repost@jenniegarth with @repostapp

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

Small print dress, black tights, and Docs- Tori is clearly not following the "if you wore a trend once, don't wear it when it comes back around 20 years later" rule. 

I don't follow that rule, either. I don't look like a dELiA*s catalogue, like Tori, but some things are good the second time around. 

Jesse Vasquez was terrible, and I remember thinking he was Not Cute, but dang, 56-year-old Mark Espinoza is so much foxier than the 30-something version. Who knew? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Delia's! 

For Halloween I dressed as 90's me (flannel, shorts with tights and boots, choker).  I felt really silly being in my 40's but my younger engineers said it was a totally "in style" outfit.  

Nice! I've been so tempted to buy a choker lately because they're everywhere.

• Love 1

I was struggling to find a family friendly movie on Netflix and we stumbled on this kids' noir detective movie (it had a dog in it, so we had to watch it).  Imagine my surprise when I saw that Luke Perry was in it- with a horrible Italian accent.  We stopped watching after 20 mins, but I think he was a "bad guy".  It's called the "Junior Detective Agency".  I'm so lame, I don't know how to link or post things.

Luke has been making the talk show rounds. I saw him on Today this morning and they asked if a reunion would ever happen, and he said he'd really like to and specifically said he'd like to do scenes with Shannen again. I thought that was nice. 

Then he was on The View and he surprised one of the hosts with a birthday cake; apparently she's a huge fan so she was very excited. They tried to get him to choose Brenda or Kelly but he wouldn't. He was a good sport. 

• Love 2