Type keyword(s) to search

Beyond 90210: Cast members in the media and other roles

• Start Topic

Didn’t know where else to post this,  but POPTV aired their top five Dylan episodes yesterday. I couldn’t find an all episodes topic. Nearly perfect list. I say nearly because as someone who was, is, always will be a Dylan and Brenda fan, I wish the last two episodes had been Dylan/Brenda centric. Or the one where Dylan took Brandon to AA and the Peach Pit. 

But I was saddled with the episode where Dylan and Kelly confessed to Brenda and the series finale.😒

I'm right there with you on being a forever Brenda/Dylan fan, but I do think that, from a purely Dylan standpoint, the one where he chooses Kelly and they tell Brenda is pretty iconic.

There's no excuse for the series finale being included, though. What were the other episodes?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, atlanticslide said:

I'm right there with you on being a forever Brenda/Dylan fan, but I do think that, from a purely Dylan standpoint, the one where he chooses Kelly and they tell Brenda is pretty iconic.

There's no excuse for the series finale being included, though. What were the other episodes?

The first one was Luke’s first episode, the second one was “Isn’t it Romantic?”, when Dylan and Brenda started dating; the third was ”Spring Fling” and starting Monday, we have the Pilot! Then skips to episode 3, since they aired the second episode.

On 3/8/2019 at 11:28 AM, thesupremediva1 said:

Oh, I always forget about season 5 because I hated watching him in his drug addiction (both times!). But yeah, that caper episode in Mexico should have been included. I loved him with Val, and watching Big Bro Dylan rescue his little sister Erica is super swoon-worthy. 

Yeah I loved that too.  I also always found PI J. Jay "Jonesy" Jones played by Wings Hauser amusing. "I told the Federales they were plotting to kidnap Erik Estrada! Don't laugh, he's a big star down here!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, atlanticslide said:

I would imagine they wanted to include his last appearance playing Dylan. 

If you scroll back a few posts someone listed all the episodes in the marathon. I watched some of it on Friday and they also showed a bunch more Dylan scenes during the commercial breaks from other episodes not included in the marathon. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, desertflower said:

Oh that’s sad. He always did a great job as Steve’s dad. Tough week for Ian.

I remember thinking Steve's adopted? They really do look related! Then we find out later he really was Steve's biological dad and that he had an affair with Steve's real mom. RIP.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ian shared on his Instagram. 

I re-watched the scene where Rush reveals he's Steve's biological father(at the Peach Pit of course) and both Ian and Jed KILL it. I was a sobbing mess by the end.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

I re-watched the scene where Rush reveals he's Steve's biological father(at the Peach Pit of course) and both Ian and Jed KILL it. I was a sobbing mess by the end.

YES. I think it's their best scene.

• Love 2

I was surprised when Ian said he worked with him from 94-99. That means Rush didn’t appear until four years into the series! I guess most of Steve’s earlier plots mostly involved his mom. Lord knows I’ve seen this show enough to know when people came and went but I hadn’t realized or just forgot that Rush wasn’t around in the high school years. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, desertflower said:

I was surprised when Ian said he worked with him from 94-99. That means Rush didn’t appear until four years into the series! I guess most of Steve’s earlier plots mostly involved his mom. Lord knows I’ve seen this show enough to know when people came and went but I hadn’t realized or just forgot that Rush wasn’t around in the high school years. 

Well he was mentioned but never onscreen! I think it's because they already had Dylan's contentious relationship with his dad which was a running story for the first three years.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, allienc said:

Tickets for this event just went on sale:

https://www.withbagpod.com/live

I will admit here where no one knows me that I am travelling from NC to attend. 😜

That sounds so fun! Are you doing the basic attendance or splurging for the more expensive options? (No judgement here! They all sound awesome!

I haven’t listened to his podcast, I’ll have to check it out.

5 hours ago, desertflower said:

That sounds so fun! Are you doing the basic attendance or splurging for the more expensive options? (No judgement here! They all sound awesome!

I haven’t listened to his podcast, I’ll have to check it out.

I'm doing the whole thing. Because I am crazy and that much of a fan. 

The podcast is pretty irreverent but it's entertaining.

• Love 4

Tonight we saw that CHiPs was on, so we put it on for a few minutes to show the kids some cheesy 70’s tv. Well imagine my delight when I see our very own Felice Martin show up as a...wait for it...lady truck driver. She was wearing flannel and had a Dorothy Hamill-esque hairdo. It was awesome. She was actually really cute, in a 70’s kind of way. 

• Love 2

I don't know what this reboot is gonna entail, but from what i'm seeing, it's about their real life selves, but heightened versions of them which to me means annoying caricatures. I know they did an actual 90210 reboot already so they're trying to do something different this time, but now that the whole cast is back together I would love if they made it similar to the old 90210. 

From what I understand it’s supposed to be a funny/satirical take on the actors coming back together for a reboot. So yeah, they will play heightened versions of themselves. Sounds like it could be entertaining but I really wonder how they will handle Luke’s passing. Seems tough to write into a lighthearted show. I’m going to try to trust that the actors will make sure it’s handled well. 

7 minutes ago, desertflower said:

From what I understand it’s supposed to be a funny/satirical take on the actors coming back together for a reboot.

Not only that, I for one will be disappointed if they somehow don't throw some light hearted jabs towards the president of the actor's union...which happens to be Gabrielle.  

Look what Gabrielle posted yesterday! Makes me so happy to see the gang together, but also so sad because Luke isn’t there. This has got to be the first time in like forever that all of them have taken a picture together. 

• Love 4

Is that Jennie Garth between Tori and Jason????? I barely recognize her.

18 hours ago, desertflower said:

From what I understand it’s supposed to be a funny/satirical take on the actors coming back together for a reboot. So yeah, they will play heightened versions of themselves. Sounds like it could be entertaining but I really wonder how they will handle Luke’s passing. Seems tough to write into a lighthearted show. I’m going to try to trust that the actors will make sure it’s handled well. 

I'm sorry, I think I took too many stupid pills, but what does the bolded mean?

@GHScorpiosRule, I'm assuming that they'll play exaggerated versions of their real life. Like, they might play up Tori being in trouble for her money woes; it'd be kinda funny if they did stuff like at a restaurant & the running gag was that Tori couldn't pay. Mean, but funny. Shannen may fight with people as per her reputation. BAG might inexplicably have hot model-types (like Vanessa & Megan Fox, neither of which I understand to this day) all over him. Ian might have a lot of shark references, ala Sharknado. I'm assuming that's what they'll do. 

I hope it's funny, but I hope that they address the loss of Luke. God, what a gut-punch.

18 minutes ago, nkotb said:

@GHScorpiosRule, I'm assuming that they'll play exaggerated versions of their real life. Like, they might play up Tori being in trouble for her money woes; it'd be kinda funny if they did stuff like at a restaurant & the running gag was that Tori couldn't pay. Mean, but funny. Shannen may fight with people as per her reputation. BAG might inexplicably have hot model-types (like Vanessa & Megan Fox, neither of which I understand to this day) all over him. Ian might have a lot of shark references, ala Sharknado. I'm assuming that's what they'll do. 

I hope it's funny, but I hope that they address the loss of Luke. God, what a gut-punch.

Aah, you mean comments/dialogue that is..."meta/wink*wink*" Eh. Still not interested.

• Love 1

“Seinfeld” comes to mind as an example of someone playing an exaggerated version of himself. I think Matt LeBlanc has a show where he does too but I’ve never seen that. 

Yes, that’s Jennie in the pic. I’ve seen some pics of her where she looks like herself, just older, and others where she looks different, like she had work done. So I guess it depends on the day! Tori always looks like a totally different person to me. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/1/2019 at 3:49 PM, desertflower said:

Yes, that’s Jennie in the pic. I’ve seen some pics of her where she looks like herself, just older, and others where she looks different, like she had work done. So I guess it depends on the day! Tori always looks like a totally different person to me. 

That suggests to me fillers, or work settling.

Anyway, Ian posted this diorama of the Peach Pit to his Instagram:

It might be a hint that the "reboot" portion of the show is going to totally ignore the Reboot Continuity, because the CW reboot completely changed out the Peach Pit. I mean, it's only the show within the show (if I'm reading things right) so I am totally for them just ignoring all of that stuff including Kelly's mother dying of cancer and her sister being a crazy psycho bitch.

I would kind of love if Brenda still has a baby she adopted from China. I was thinking though that maybe they didn't seek the rights to the CW show, which would also suggest completely chucking everything from it.

Anyway, I'm excited to see Brenda once again do that eye bulge thing or Kelly once again bring her hand up to her eyes before she cries, or seeing Brandon with the same exact haircut he had in 1995.

Look what Gabrielle posted yesterday! Makes me so happy to see the gang together, but also so sad because Luke isn’t there. This has got to be the first time in like forever that all of them have taken a picture together.

I'm kind of surprised they got back Brian Austin Green. He's always felt the most "done" to me in regards to this show. I guess his on/off again relationship with Megan Fox wiped him out.

It's kind of sad to think that from now on, you will never see a truly complete updated cast pic. Damn.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The Shan is winning that photo, IMO.

Seriously. I BARELY recognize Tori and Jennie. They look awful. But Tori hasn't looked like her normal self for years, so that's not quite as shocking. But Jennie's is. I remember when she was on DWTS, she still looked like herself.

• Love 1
(edited)

Interview with Tori and Jennie about the new show. One thing I found promising was a comment Tori made about how the show is a comical look at how they are trying to put together a reunion show, but for the sake of the fans they will eventually get to the “show within a show.” So I think they will at some point actually have some scenes as the characters. Also, Jennie said they actually did talk with Luke about the new show and he was supportive. 

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/08/beverly-hills-90210-revival-bh90210-tori-spelling-jennie-garth-exclusive/

Also, interview with Jason:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/08/jason-priestley-bh90210-revival-fox/

Edited by desertflower
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, desertflower said:

Interview with Tori and Jennie about the new show. One thing I found promising was a comment Tori made about how the show is a comical look at how they are trying to put together a reunion show, but for the sake of the fans they will eventually get to the “show within a show.” So I think they will at some point actually have some scenes as the characters. Also, Jennie said they actually did talk with Luke about the new show and he was supportive. 

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/08/beverly-hills-90210-revival-bh90210-tori-spelling-jennie-garth-exclusive/

Also, interview with Jason:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/08/jason-priestley-bh90210-revival-fox/

I ADORE that picture of Shannen and Jason in the EW article.

• Love 1

Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting ...
It is like a return to childhood, to youth. When I ran home from school every day to watch the show.
True, the last seasons, in my opinion, I never looked ...
But I will definitely look at the reboot. I hope the show will turn out interesting, kind and will recreate the atmosphere of the old seasons.
And most importantly, I want to see many, many, many, many moments of friendship. Especially the bromance between Steve and Brandon. 😍 Actually, it was he who touched me on the show most of all ...

• Love 3

“Seinfeld” comes to mind as an example of someone playing an exaggerated version of himself. I think Matt LeBlanc has a show where he does too but I’ve never seen that. 

“Episodes” is so good, especially if you like Hollywood behind the scenes stuff. One of my favorite shows no one has heard of.

• Love 3

There's also "So NoTORIous", which also had T. Spell playing herself.

• Love 3
On 5/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, TeeVee329 said:

There's also "So NoTORIous", which also had T. Spell playing herself.

I'm kind of hoping it brings to mind traces of "Grosse Pointe", which was a short-lived satire show that ran on the WB and was a thinly viewed parody of 90210 and the cast. (To the point where Aaron Spelling threw a hissyfit and forced them to change the look of the clear Tori Spelling parody.) The faux-Shannen Doherty on that was so, so good.

Anyway, new promo:

• Love 3
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm kind of hoping it brings to mind traces of "Grosse Pointe", which was a short-lived satire show that ran on the WB and was a thinly viewed parody of 90210 and the cast.

I LOVED Grosse Pointe. It brilliantly and accurately skewered the Spelling teenage drama style of show.

• Love 3