Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Dream team to me! I thought Melissa might be as didn't they grow up dancing together? 

I don't remember if they grew up dancing together, or if Megan said that she won some competition that Melissa won the year before so that's how she knew her?  

I honestly don't think Megan was 100% all in for DCC, she did only do 2 years & Amy is her only DCC bridesmaid...although I'd imagine she made friends that she'll at least invite to the wedding (unless she's keeping it on the smaller side).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, TXElle said:

Here’s the direct link to Jenna’s tiktok video - I like that she can poke fun at herself about the point thing, and honestly she looks awesome...makes me miss seeing her type of performance ability/style In the triangle 

https://vm.tiktok.com/7VNAdt/

I kinda forgot what an amazing performer she is.  Damn, that girl is GOOD!

FWIW, I was never mad at her over the whole Holly/partying/asking Shelly thing. Like many have said, if her boss treated them like professionals then Jenna would've already known the extent of her "punishment" and wouldn't have needed to ask.  She probably just thought that Shelly could've given her some insight into KF's thoughts.  If it was that big of a faux pas, as a seasoned veteran, I think that she would've known better.  That kind of unpredictability from your boss is unfair, toxic, and unprofessional, IMHO.

• Love 24
5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I liked her also.  But mostly on this board I remember people thinking she was too heavy.

Tell the truth Sis! I thought she was on par with Holly, just more of a team player and overshadowed bc she didn’t fall in with Jenna and that Tiger Girl crowd.

but YES the comments were why keep her she is a whale! Then she left and is loved. 

• Love 4

Wasn’t there also talk about Megan C throwing Kendall under the bus because she didn’t meet with Melissa or something like that? There’s so many rumors on the board but I remember that being one. I always thought she was a great dancer and stunning. 

I also always think it’s a shame that the best dancers from that rookie class left (and in Holly’s case not 100% voluntarily) just when they could’ve been at the center of everything. A formation with Erica, Jenna, Megan C, Holly, and Amy T at the front (in whatever spots) would’ve been A++. Too bad Amy and Megan retired and the other 3 weren’t smart enough/didn’t care enough to just be discreet. The triangle has unfortunately gone downhill ever since IMO - i saw that as the time that it stopped being about the best dancers and about leadership/etc (which is what the group leader positions are for but whatever). Lacey and Kashara at least held their own even if I didn’t think they were as great as past dancers in the triangle, but last year.....things hit rock bottom. Hopefully Gina or the rising 3 years get in the triangle this year. I’d hate to see a repeat of an Amy, Maddie, and Lexie type of triangle. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Tell the truth Sis! I thought she was on par with Holly, just more of a team player and overshadowed bc she didn’t fall in with Jenna and that Tiger Girl crowd.

but YES the comments were why keep her she is a whale! Then she left and is loved. 

I think Megan was always well-liked on the board, but the commenters rightly pointed out that she gained a considerable amount of weight in her stomach her last year and probably should have been pulled. Since then, of course, we have seen visible weight gain in Maddie, Selena, Tasha, KaShara and, of course, Victoria, among others. None of them were ever pulled. I think Megan C was one of the early cases where we saw Kelli's double standards on weight gain among the team and that's probably why the board went wild about it.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Megan C was one of the early cases where we saw Kelli's double standards on weight gain among the team and that's probably why the board went wild about it.

She had one even earlier...Meredith.

• Love 8

I saw that Lacey Munoz is set to get married on 6/6/20.  I wonder if the pandemic is going to force her and her fiance to push things back?  My heart goes out to all the brides and grooms that have/had to do so. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah. Meredith was a big one. Kelli has always played favorites and had double standards. It’s just been more obvious lately.

I still remember how much she disliked Ashley Paige for being scripted and rehearsed but loves Jenn, who is scripted and rehearsed! Now, Jenn is a good dancer, whereas Ashley Paige was not, so it made total sense that Jenn made it over Ashley, but Kelli’s attitude towards her made no sense. With Judy, it was clear that the issue was dance. Kelli, not so much. Same with Colby. She was never going to make it, but the attitude towards her was unwarranted. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I saw that Lacey Munoz is set to get married on 6/6/20.  I wonder if the pandemic is going to force her and her fiance to push things back?  My heart goes out to all the brides and grooms that have/had to do so. 

I don’t get the rush honestly. She got engaged around Christmas, but I assume she wanted a summer wedding and didn’t want to wait for a year and a half. I’d postpone it though, as long as there are no associated costs. Not sure it would be worth the risk.

• Love 4

Yep, @TUOwl84, she was!  I'm happy she got to do the DCC thing then moved on to what looks like a good career.  I'm NOT happy, though, that they made an example out of her & did the jiggly belly close-up when she was going for year 2.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Wasn’t there also talk about Megan C throwing Kendall under the bus because she didn’t meet with Melissa or something like that? There’s so many rumors on the board but I remember that being one. I always thought she was a great dancer and stunning. 
. I’d hate to see a repeat of an Amy, Maddie, and Lexie type of triangle. 

She didn’t throw Kendall under the bus. She tried to tell her that if TPTB suggest you do something or take some advice YOU DO IT. Maybe said a little bit intense but she was trying to help her and frustrated bc Kendall was like yeah, they offered help but I don’t really want it.

Also 1000% agree on the current triangle. Needs to GO. 

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yup. Her last season SMH.

2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I see that Breelan was a beautiful bride in January.  Congrats to her!

image0 (2).jpeg

She looks like an elegant Miley there. Girl was out of her league and out of shape but I think she’s gorgeous. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

She didn’t throw Kendall under the bus. She tried to tell her that if TPTB suggest you do something or take some advice YOU DO IT. Maybe said a little bit intense but she was trying to help her and frustrated bc Kendall was like yeah, they offered help but I don’t really want it.

Word around town was that Megan tattled to Kelli that Kyndall was refusing help, and that Kyndall said something about Melissa's pet projects always getting cut (which they really don't...they make the team THEN get cut LOL).  That being said, with all the raving I do about Megan, clearly I don't believe it 🙂 

• Love 4

Speaking of former DCCs, what's the story on why Kitty Carter was so abruptly erased from the DCC scene? I mean, it's like she never existed. They didn't mention the girls prepping at the Dance Factory, she was absolutely GONE in Season 14.

10 minutes ago, Nene said:

Speaking of former DCCs, what's the story on why Kitty Carter was so abruptly erased from the DCC scene? I mean, it's like she never existed. They didn't mention the girls prepping at the Dance Factory, she was absolutely GONE in Season 14.

I am wondering if it had to do with her "expertise" came into question.  People watching the show did not like the fact that Kitty felt that Victoria earned her way onto the squad during the season VK was actually cut in TC.  VK was overweight, and Kitty has always been unforgiving in previous seasons when other's were gaining weight.  Kitty surely brought up Tara's appearance.  

Perhaps, they wanted to have Kitty sit one season out to blow off steam over that.  Just my opinion though!

Edited by TUOwl84
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Word around town was that Megan tattled to Kelli that Kyndall was refusing help, and that Kyndall said something about Melissa's pet projects always getting cut (which they really don't...they make the team THEN get cut LOL).  That being said, with all the raving I do about Megan, clearly I don't believe it 🙂 

I wonder if it was the deleted scene they had on CMT where Megan was helping Melissa work with a group of rookies.  The advice from both ladies was spot on.  It's one of the best examples of what Melissa can bring to the team if they would use her correctly and not the one on one mentoring that is so scripted.

And sorry, but Megan was going into her second year and already training rookies.  If she felt that Kyndall could be helped by that small group session, then Kyndall should have said thank you Ma'am, I will be there.  

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And sorry, but Megan was going into her second year and already training rookies.  If she felt that Kyndall could be helped by that small group session, then Kyndall should have said thank you Ma'am, I will be there.

And if Megan offered Kyndall a tuna fish sandwich with sardines....

😂

• LOL 9

I was just watching some Jen Colvin vids on youtube.  I am not sure if this video has been shared here before.  It has former DCCs like KaShara and Lacey.  I also spotted current DCCs Taylor Pederson and Amanda Dilks in the video, and this is before they auditioned for DCC, as it appears it was uploaded in March 2019.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, ByTor said:

I kinda do believe it, but I think it’s kinda expected in this team to share these things with Kelli so i’m not going to judge her based on that. I think she was truly amazing and she should have stayed for longer. I’d rather have “fatties” on the team like Melissa, Megan, Jen and Kashara who just bring it every time, than being bored to death by skinny lackluster dancers like Amy and Tess at point/triangle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
On 4/24/2020 at 3:53 PM, ByTor said:

Yep, @TUOwl84, she was!  I'm happy she got to do the DCC thing then moved on to what looks like a good career.  I'm NOT happy, though, that they made an example out of her & did the jiggly belly close-up when she was going for year 2.

Wasn't she on a college dance team after getting cut? 

6 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Did Erica Wilkins get cut or quit/retire?

I believe she was cut "quietly" she was hardly shown on the last time she tried out in season 12, for her 4 th season. 

I heard a rumour that she tried out again for season 13 but was cut before either semi's or finals I cant remember which it was and where I read the rumour. I didn't see her in there. But then again I suck at recognising her face in that sea of people at auditions. I still cannot spot her properly esp in season 12. She was there till like half way of the episodes esp when gl and 2nd L was announced, if you have subtitles on. 

Edited by CrazyEve
  • Useful 1
On 4/25/2020 at 2:02 AM, Nene said:

If I remember correctly I believe Kitty said she wasn't happy about how the show was being betrayed both in terms of the team and how they were portraying her or something like that. I cant remember where I read that. It might have been on this forum, might have been elsewhere. But that may explain why Kitty isn't featured on the show as much as she used to/completely wiped from being shown.

It is the exact same problem/reason as Jay Johnson being wiped from being shown on the show anymore. I actually liked and enjoyed Jay's workout sessions on the show. 

• Love 2
On 4/25/2020 at 9:50 AM, dreamcatcher said:

I kinda do believe it, but I think it’s kinda expected in this team to share these things with Kelli so i’m not going to judge her based on that. I think she was truly amazing and she should have stayed for longer. I’d rather have “fatties” on the team like Melissa, Megan, Jen and Kashara who just bring it every time, than being bored to death by skinny lackluster dancers like Amy and Tess at point/triangle.

Yes!  Can I like this 1000x?? 🙂 

• Love 7
On 4/25/2020 at 4:30 PM, Meleighsa said:

My first time seeing that deleted clip. I'll take segments like that all day. Actually shows what they can do to make the team. Novel idea. 

Anything with Shy Guy (MR)  just makes me want to grind my teeth nonstop.  Poor Brennan...I hate that she had to sit through that nonsense.  😛

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 4/14/2020 at 10:12 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Have you seen this?  The proposal:)

Thank you so much for posting this, @scorpio1031! I have adored Lacey since her rookie season. It's wonderful to see her so loved and happy! I see he proposed on the day my dad had a stem cell transplant, so this was in a period I was off these boards and missed all this entirely. I remember hoping to myself she wasn't marrying some tool, and this video suggests to me they really are perfect for each other. That's 1000x more prayer than I would ever want in a proposal, but that's the point: he's perfect for her and the kind of family and extended family environment she needs and deserves. Go, Lacey! I can't wait to see what beautiful children they will make! 

• Love 5

With all that is going on I was thinking about Amy and her husband's dance studio .😳 With all the pro teams in Texas  ...... I am guess all the studios and instructors must have taken a hard hit.  Here in Tennessee some gyms (not the same as dance) opened with limits and others will not open till phase 2 and again no group exercise classes ... that will most likely be indefinite until we get to where larger groups can be together. ...just curious and thinking out loud .☺️

• Love 5
12 hours ago, H3705 said:

With all that is going on I was thinking about Amy and her husband's dance studio .😳 With all the pro teams in Texas  ...... I am guess all the studios and instructors must have taken a hard hit.  Here in Tennessee some gyms (not the same as dance) opened with limits and others will not open till phase 2 and again no group exercise classes ... that will most likely be indefinite until we get to where larger groups can be together. ...just curious and thinking out loud .☺️

My guess is it would probably done with video conference. I know some dance studios here in UK and a lot of private school are doing the lessons for their students via video conference. Public schools on the other hand are some what totally finished for the year unless the government has everyone going back in next week as the rumours has it (stupid really I’d rather the kids and everyone stayed home actually and stayed safe. Better safe then sorry.

can someone do me the favour and go on Brittney Schram’s insta story and tell me what she said please. From her insta story she said “something something something, thought it was important enough to document” what did she say before “thought it was important enough to document” and what did she say after that please? Cos I did not understand one word she said. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

can someone do me the favour and go on Brittney Schram’s insta story and tell me what she said please. From her insta story she said “something something something, thought it was important enough to document” what did she say before “thought it was important enough to document” and what did she say after that please? Cos I did not understand one word she said. 

It took a few times to get it but I believe she is talking about wearing jeans again for the first time in awhile and worth documenting that they still fit.  I know exactly how she feels, lol.

Edited by go4luca
  • LOL 8
On 1/17/2020 at 12:02 AM, DancingDina13 said:

hh she doesn’t get a pass with me. She seemed entitled and like a spoiled brat that thought she was better than the others. I never was a fan of her look from the start . 

I agree, I never liked her look at all. She wasn’t as Kelli would say “HD friendly” and I after that podcast she did seem really entitled and spoiled . Good riddance poor little rich girl. 

8 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I always liked Olivia. 

She's always been one of my faves too. Maybe not the very best at pom style but she has so many other styles done. She also can sell a dance as well as Holly P could. I was always so amazed by her technical ability.

• Love 5
On 5/18/2020 at 6:02 AM, DCC-UK said:

She's always been one of my faves too. Maybe not the very best at pom style but she has so many other styles done. She also can sell a dance as well as Holly P could. I was always so amazed by her technical ability.

Olivia can dance circles around Holly. 
I’d toe Olivia with Whitney Ott as prob the best technical dancers they’ve ever had. Holly top 10 maybe. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I’d toe Olivia with Whitney Ott as prob the best technical dancers they’ve ever had. Holly top 10 maybe. 

I can't get the first couple of seasons here in the UK so haven't really seen Whitney Ott. 

I guess it depends what you're into. Holly P is all about the sex appeal and tricks to shock the audience. Olivia is all about showing off the technique and years of ballet training. I love her IG videos of her doing Fosse-style jazz.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I'd say top is Jacie.

• Love 7

Olivia was amazing, and I completely agree that she was one of the best technical dancers that they’ve had. What I love about her dance is that she’s not reliant on big tricks like Holly, Melissa, Erica, etc (who are all amazing technical dancers). She just dances and it’s every bit (more so, IMO) as impressive. 

• Love 14
51 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'd say top is Jacie.

I have to agree with you...Jacie is a total package...there isn't anything I've seen that she didn't look amazing doing 🙂   but Olivia and Whitney are very close together in who I'd say was tops after Jacie.  I would definitely put Holly P in the top 10 🙂  

• Love 10