Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, DCCdreams said:

Tobie does my hair.  She is the best!!! Super sweet and still so stunning

Tobie is one of my favorite DCC’s. If I could look like one of the DCC’S...I would want to look like Tobie. She’s gorgeous! 

• Love 3
On 3/11/2020 at 2:26 AM, go4luca said:

I find the timing of this shot extremely unfortunate.

It’s not the timing of the shot that bothers me; it’s the publishing of it. Photographers take tons of shots.  This one should’ve been deleted as I’m sure they had another similar one to use. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Former DCC Tara is on the new Mavs dance team with former TCC Julia. 

I also saw that she was in former TCC Jasmine's wedding, which was in NOLA and looked gorgeous! 

Screenshot_20200312-193517_Instagram.jpg

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2020/03/03/mavericks-dance-team-could-return-to-home-games-as-soon-as-this-week/

lol Mavs literally bringing back the exact same dance team that disbanded because it wasn’t family friendly or whatever BUT calling it a ‘tumbling team.’ Hysterical 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:
5 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

Sad to read on Brittany Schramns IG that her sister Kaitlyn, the model, has passed away.

What happened?

I imagine if she didn't give a reason on her IG she'd prefer to keep it private.

My heart goes out to her, I can't comprehend how she must feel.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

🙄 I imagine one wouldn’t share something on a public social media page if they wanted it that private. 

Not sure what you mean, clearly she didn't want her sister's death to be private, I said she is keeping the cause of death private.

• Love 13
On 2/15/2020 at 4:02 AM, evasworld123 said:

Kelli herself came on the forum to address this. It’s on page 55, but the speculation started on earlier pages. There isn’t any absolute confirmation of what happened, but she seemed to hint.

Regardless I actually thought it was really brave for her to confront it here directly. I’m sure every female on this forum has fallen for the wrong guy at one time or another. I know I have!

Go Kelli. God has major things planned for her. 

29B1636E-4907-4C5F-94B0-52CC0AE354FA.png

God bless her, I feel so bad for her and hope she finds happiness now. 🙏

• Love 9
On 3/20/2020 at 8:01 AM, mizzhyer said:

One of my girl crushes!!! I love love love Megan C!!!!

she's one of those girls that is just effortlessly gorgeous.....and I will forever be working on my stretches, trying to to that tap-your-foot-on-the-back-of-your-head thing she has perfected....

Stretching fail.jpg

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Wasn't Julia a former Mavs? Who is the "new" mavs tumbling team director? Let me guess it is the former mavs director Mallory Mills? Or someone new?

As for Megan, damn shes my girl crush, she really is. Tho the first time I saw her, she reminded me of Robin from tv show "How I Met Your Mother". Where Robin was a strong independant woman who wasn't needy and the guys she dated wanted a girl who was needy and Robin was the one who was more "dominant" and she (Robin) was my damn girl crush 

2 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Wasn't Julia a former Mavs? Who is the "new" mavs tumbling team director? Let me guess it is the former mavs director Mallory Mills? Or someone new?

As for Megan, damn shes my girl crush, she really is. Tho the first time I saw her, she reminded me of Robin from tv show "How I Met Your Mother". Where Robin was a strong independant woman who wasn't needy and the guys she dated wanted a girl who was needy and Robin was the one who was more "dominant" and she (Robin) was my damn girl crush 

Stephanie is the new coach she also coaches the Allen American ice angels 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Stephanie is the new coach she also coaches the Allen American ice angels 

Stephanie DiBiase? Whoa ...... not a fan of her routines but damn shes going to be the director of Allen Angels and Mavs new team ... hhmm wonder how shes going to juggle that esp during auditions/training camp and then during seasons when basketball has more games etc. Hope she doesn't do it like previous Mavs and do it like an audition for every game

• Love 1
12 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Stephanie DiBiase? Whoa ...... not a fan of her routines

I'm with you on that one.  And she always looks a little deranged when she performs them.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm with you on that one.  And she always looks a little deranged when she performs them.

Well, to me she does too but I thought she was on erm (I know this is rude) drugs (and I know she prob isnt on drugs) but the way she looks and the faces she makes ... I thought she looked it

• Love 1
13 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

How old was Sunni Cranfill West when she made it as a rookie?  She's always looked "older" to me but in a good way.

I remember her introducing herself in prelims as 28 but I can't remember if that was the first or second year she auditioned.  So 28 or 29 when she made the team. 

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I knew Karissa Lynae (Season 6?) had gone to law school in Miami and gotten married in December. My husband is an attorney and was doing research, found an article associated with the firm she works for. Looks like she lives in San Francisco now. https://www.smithcurrie.com/attorneys/karissa-l-fox/

Great to see her. I always wanted her to make it. She was/is so pretty. At the time of her auditions she was amazing.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Great to see her. I always wanted her to make it. She was/is so pretty. At the time of her auditions she was amazing.

I think she had a case of TC jitters.  IMO she should have been given a shot for a year, I think she would have been fine.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think she had a case of TC jitters.  IMO she should have been given a shot for a year, I think she would have been fine.

I agree. She was a lot better than Morgan ever was, whose memory was terrible. 

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I agree. She was a lot better than Morgan ever was, whose memory was terrible. 

Funnily enough, I was going to compare her to Morgan in my post 🙂 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 3/13/2020 at 6:38 AM, ByTor said:

Not sure what you mean, clearly she didn't want her sister's death to be private, I said she is keeping the cause of death private.

Yeah, it’s super common to not publicize causes of death. That’s really no one’s business. 

• Love 3
On 3/28/2020 at 6:30 AM, ByTor said:

I agree...would she have been cut the next year? Maybe...maybe not.  I liked her, thought she was a good dancer and very pretty.  I loved her back story as well.  I am glad to see she is doing well.

• Love 7

I was watching that season again ... and thinking the same thing ... she was in her head a lot and think once she calmed down her memory would be so much better ... oh well guess there was another plan for her .... being a DCC doesnt make or break you in life ...but I thought she would have made a great team mate ... especially when you think down the road they put Morgan on and she was terrible at memory ... they liked her for the cameras and was Kitty's Pet Project

• Love 2
17 hours ago, kalibean said:

The video of her making that was freaking mesmerizing. I love the ones she’s done with metallics too. My mom has made me a small version and she said she loves the process.

What medium is she using?

• Love 1

Maybe I’m cranky but Sydney’s post about missing getting her hair and nails and lashes done irked me. Vapid much? People are dying ! She sure seems to love herself And lived a very spoiled and sheltered life ... 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Maybe I’m cranky but Sydney’s post about missing getting her hair and nails and lashes done irked me. Vapid much? People are dying ! She sure seems to love herself And lived a very spoiled and sheltered life ... 

Lol.  You aren’t being cranky! But did we really expect anything different from Sydney? I never thought there was much depth there under the shellac...

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

I understand it too. I get my hair colored every 6-8 weeks. I need a pedicure terribly - I haven’t had one since the fall due to a foot injury. I was at the 4 week mark on my hair when our state was issued it’s stay at home order. It’s honestly not a big deal - I’m not going anywhere so only my husband and daughter are seeing my roots. But I’d still love the “normalcy” of getting my hair done (and 2 hours of quiet, alone, with the exception of my hair dresser, lol). I’d pay big bucks for a pedicure right now, just to get the dead, dry skin off. My at home methods aren’t working. 😂 But at the same time, it’s just a luxury I would like to have, definitely not something I’m losing sleep over. I think we all long for that return to normal. Sydney’s normal is just a tad bit more high maintenance than the average person. 😂

• Love 14
(edited)

10 hours ago, sugarplum said:

I understand it too. I get my hair colored every 6-8 weeks. I need a pedicure terribly - I haven’t had one since the fall due to a foot injury. I was at the 4 week mark on my hair when our state was issued it’s stay at home order. It’s honestly not a big deal - I’m not going anywhere so only my husband and daughter are seeing my roots. But I’d still love the “normalcy” of getting my hair done (and 2 hours of quiet, alone, with the exception of my hair dresser, lol). I’d pay big bucks for a pedicure right now, just to get the dead, dry skin off. My at home methods aren’t working. 😂 But at the same time, it’s just a luxury I would like to have, definitely not something I’m losing sleep over. I think we all long for that return to normal. Sydney’s normal is just a tad bit more high maintenance than the average person. 😂

I’m 36 weeks pregnant and in a place where there is a shelter in place order through my due date. I had planned on getting a manicure/pedicure/eyebrow waxing in my final weeks of pregnancy. (My sister is an OB-GYN and says doctors/nurses who work labor and delivery have no judgement for whatever is going on ‘down there’ because they’ve seen it all, they do get a little distracted by really nasty feet in the stirrups).

However given that this is a GLOBAL PANDEMIC where PEOPLE ARE DYING I’m going to paint my own nails, pluck my own eyebrows, and be thankful that:

A. I’m still able to receive relatively normal prenatal care. (Sure my visits have been rescheduled and My husband is no longer allowed to come to them, but we’re making due.)

B. The outbreak being contained where I am and I’ll be able to deliver in a hospital with the aid of medical professionals. (Will my husband be able to be there for the birth? Yes. Will he be able to go out and pick us up sushi to have in the hospital after the baby is born like we had planned for the last six months? No.) 

C. My son will be able to have relatively normal pediatric care in his first few weeks of life. (Will he seems the pediatrician we have picked out for long term? No but he will see someone in that practice.) 

It’s all about perspective and focusing on what’s important. 

Edited by mk626
  • Love 17
On 4/3/2020 at 2:22 PM, mk626 said:

I’m 36 weeks pregnant and in a place where there is a shelter in place order through my due date. I had planned on getting a manicure/pedicure/eyebrow waxing in my final weeks of pregnancy. (My sister is an OB-GYN and says doctors/nurses who work labor and delivery have no judgement for whatever is going on ‘down there’ because they’ve seen it all, they do get a little distracted by really nasty feet in the stirrups).

However given that this is a GLOBAL PANDEMIC where PEOPLE ARE DYING I’m going to paint my own nails, pluck my own eyebrows, and be thankful that:

A. I’m still able to receive relatively normal prenatal care. (Sure my visits have been rescheduled and My husband is no longer allowed to come to them, but we’re making due.)

B. The outbreak being contained where I am and I’ll be able to deliver in a hospital with the aid of medical professionals. (Will my husband be able to be there for the birth? Yes. Will he be able to go out and pick us up sushi to have in the hospital after the baby is born like we had planned for the last six months? No.) 

C. My son will be able to have relatively normal pediatric care in his first few weeks of life. (Will he seems the pediatrician we have picked out for long term? No but he will see someone in that practice.) 

I totally agree! Best of luck with your delivery!

• Love 6
(edited)
On 4/3/2020 at 2:22 PM, mk626 said:

Best of luck on a safe and easy delivery!! Hugs and prayers from a very social distance!!! 🙂 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

It's actually recommended we cut our fingernails fairly short...lots of cooties can get trapped under them.

So happy to see I'm not the only one using the word "cooties" right now. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 2