Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

I have to agree with you...Jacie is a total package...there isn't anything I've seen that she didn't look amazing doing

Yeah, the fact that she was able to unlearn DCC style to make Rockettes tells me a lot about the talent she has.

• Love 17

The talk about Jacie and Olivia makes me really miss that group of rookies. I don’t know why they’re the most memorable group  to me. Some of it is that a few of my favorite dancers (technical and DCC style) were in that group. Another reason for sure though is definitely diversity. They didn’t need to manufacture redheads for “diversity.“ From Kim to Jacie to Jessica to Jenna to Jasmine to Carissa to DCC traditional blondes, Kinzie, Alex, and Kali, to “pretty little Emily” to Ashley to Chelsea to short-haired Teri - that group of rookies really did naturally cover a wide spectrum of looks. 

• Love 18
On 4/27/2020 at 6:54 AM, CrazyEve said:

I believe she was cut "quietly" she was hardly shown on the last time she tried out in season 12, for her 4 th season. 

I heard a rumour that she tried out again for season 13 but was cut before either semi's or finals I cant remember which it was and where I read the rumour. I didn't see her in there. But then again I suck at recognising her face in that sea of people at auditions. I still cannot spot her properly esp in season 12. She was there till like half way of the episodes esp when gl and 2nd L was announced, if you have subtitles on. 

Erica did not try to come back after she lets say ‘parted ways’.

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'd say top is Jacie.

I’d put her easily in top 5. I think she isn’t as wow in your face as holly only bc she chooses not to be too sexy. But her technique is as good. Same with Gina. 

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Olivia was amazing, and I completely agree that she was one of the best technical dancers that they’ve had. What I love about her dance is that she’s not reliant on big tricks like Holly, Melissa, Erica, etc (who are all amazing technical dancers). She just dances and it’s every bit (more so, IMO) as impressive. 

YES! Erica, Holly, Melissa all relied on tricks for the wow factor despite being excellent technical dancers and performers. 

• Love 4

Jacie, Emma, Olivia, Sam Clarke, Megan C, Erica, Melissa, and Holly P definitely would be in my top 10 technical dancers. I also missed the first two seasons (hence my tremendous excitement about Pluto, but I just have to catch those seasons and have, well, nothing to do for several hours when they happen to be on). That gives me someone else to look out for when I finally get to see those seasons! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the storied Nicole Hamilton and Abbigail Klein's rookie year in those seasons, too.

• Love 5

I remember that one episode where K/J called Olivia over to speak with her and told her to follow her Group Leader which was Sydney.  Right there, that told me, what an amazing and gifted dancer she was because Sydney was off and it made her look bad as a veteran and Group Leader.  I always thought Sydney was a mediocre dancer at best. There's a YouTube somewhere that shows her at a hockey performance where she actually misses a kick in the kickline.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, M1977G said:

Jacie, Emma, Olivia, Sam Clarke, Megan C, Erica, Melissa, and Holly P definitely would be in my top 10 technical dancers. I also missed the first two seasons (hence my tremendous excitement about Pluto, but I just have to catch those seasons and have, well, nothing to do for several hours when they happen to be on). That gives me someone else to look out for when I finally get to see those seasons! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the storied Nicole Hamilton and Abbigail Klein's rookie year in those seasons, too.

Nicole had almost no tech training but was BAM still amazing and perfect showmanship. Abigail made it on her looks bless her heart. I think she’s one who wouldn’t make it now and she was rookie show group. Always on WW and just Ok technIque but dang seems like a nice person and humble.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, rl27rl said:

I remember that one episode where K/J called Olivia over to speak with her and told her to follow her Group Leader which was Sydney.  Right there, that told me, what an amazing and gifted dancer she was because Sydney was off and it made her look bad as a veteran and Group Leader.  I always thought Sydney was a mediocre dancer at best. There's a YouTube somewhere that shows her at a hockey performance where she actually misses a kick in the kickline.

I was never a Sydney fan.  She stayed about 5 years too long for me.  😛

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 5/20/2020 at 5:42 PM, rl27rl said:

I also thought the lollipop audition solo “natural blonde” Sydney had was childish, inappropriate for NFL pro dancer tryouts of any kind, and her sad fouettes took her from one end of the Floor to center stage and not intentionally. Holy lack of center, port de bras, core. Smh. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I also thought the lollipop audition solo “natural blonde” Sydney had was childish, inappropriate for NFL pro dancer tryouts of any kind, and her sad fouettes took her from one end of the Floor to center stage and not intentionally. Holy lack of center, port de bras, core. Smh. 

That's the one I just finished watching a couple of hours ago...I forgot how childish it came off and how poorly she performed. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

DON'T DO S**T YOU CAN'T DO!

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

21 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

That's the one I just finished watching a couple of hours ago...I forgot how childish it came off and how poorly she performed. 

Are you talking Season 3 solos?  Cause neither of those girls with the lollipops was Sydney.

• Love 1
On 5/22/2020 at 3:24 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Are you talking Season 3 solos?  Cause neither of those girls with the lollipops was Sydney.

Not sure, but I for sure remember one of the saddest solos, and a VETERAN solos at that, featuring Sydney in some pink, Swiss Miss attire doing a sugary candy routine. Is my memory already going? Absolutely correct me if I am wrong!  I ain’t wrong about her claiming to be natural blonde. That’s her words, bless her little Tangerine whatever salon heart. 

• LOL 1
46 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Not sure, but I for sure remember one of the saddest solos, and a VETERAN solos at that, featuring Sydney in some pink, Swiss Miss attire doing a sugary candy routine. Is my memory already going? Absolutely correct me if I am wrong!  I ain’t wrong about her claiming to be natural blonde. That’s her words, bless her little Tangerine whatever salon heart. 

This one?? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

“Don’t do shit you can’t do. - K. Carter. 

I want that in some fancy font on a rich stain plaque 😂😂😂😂 For my office. 

Same here! I actually like Kitty and miss her on the show. The dance world is super harsh so her criticisms were usually spot on.

• Love 6
On 5/19/2020 at 9:04 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

Erica did not try to come back after she lets say ‘parted ways’.

Weirdly I actually remember reading she did by someone. Don't remember where but to come to think of it (and off the top of my head) it was on either Cassie or Melissa Rycrofts instagram when the lawsuit was happening and that she was turned away at one of early stages. Cant be asked to troll thro the posts of where I saw it because my memory of where I saw it is located but I do remember it, so meh.

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

This one?? 

The thing with Sydney is she may NOT be the best dancer on the team but she does know how to dance and she does know how to sell herself (sorry I mean suck up) to the extent where she got on the team and stayed on the team. Sydney's more like a "flirter" and knows how to perform. But sh Her final year on the team, remember her looking like "oh are you talkin about me?" When Kelli said "and returning for her SEVERNTH season ...." and Sydney stuck her head out into the aisle and looked like "oh Kelli you on about me?" Who else were we talking about there? Kelli has a short term memory to remember how many times a girl has tried out unless she was on the squad. Remember Kelli S? She tried out 3 times before she made the team on her fourth time and during one rehearsal Kelli was like "Kelli, clean perfect, how many times you tried out?" and Kelli was like "this is my fourth time". But yet on 2 of her previous tries there WERE SHOTS of Kelli looking at the Kelli's headshots and hearing her claim she has never seen any of Kelli before etc .... was just hilarious for me

• Love 6
3 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Weirdly I actually remember reading she did by someone. Don't remember where but to come to think of it (and off the top of my head) it was on either Cassie or Melissa Rycrofts instagram when the lawsuit was happening and that she was turned away at one of early stages. Cant be asked to troll thro the posts of where I saw it because my memory of where I saw it is located but I do remember it, so meh.

The thing with Sydney is she may NOT be the best dancer on the team but she does know how to dance and she does know how to sell herself (sorry I mean suck up) to the extent where she got on the team and stayed on the team. Sydney's more like a "flirter" and knows how to perform. But sh Her final year on the team, remember her looking like "oh are you talkin about me?" When Kelli said "and returning for her SEVERNTH season ...." and Sydney stuck her head out into the aisle and looked like "oh Kelli you on about me?" Who else were we talking about there? Kelli has a short term memory to remember how many times a girl has tried out unless she was on the squad. Remember Kelli S? She tried out 3 times before she made the team on her fourth time and during one rehearsal Kelli was like "Kelli, clean perfect, how many times you tried out?" and Kelli was like "this is my fourth time". But yet on 2 of her previous tries there WERE SHOTS of Kelli looking at the Kelli's headshots and hearing her claim she has never seen any of Kelli before etc .... was just hilarious for me

Sydney would be pretty blah now but when she First auditioned she was show group worthy But does have the look. Another example of how technical levels have skyrocketed since the show started.

• Love 5

That solo from Sydney is pretty bad, but something tells me that if we saw full solos from everyone and not just clips, lots of them, including from vets, would get labeled “pretty bad.” Girls who are excellent technical dancers will excel in the solos, but they’re not always the best at power pom. Going back to Olivia, I think is a top 10 technical dancer since the show started (all seasons), but DCC style....Im not sure she would even be top 5 from her own rookie class. Sydney was middle of the road to me, but her looks put her over the top. I think she could still make the team if she tried out today, but now, she might be considered one of the weaker dancers, IMO. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

That solo from Sydney is pretty bad, but something tells me that if we saw full solos from everyone and not just clips, lots of them, including from vets, would get labeled “pretty bad.” Girls who are excellent technical dancers will excel in the solos, but they’re not always the best at power pom. Going back to Olivia, I think is a top 10 technical dancer since the show started (all seasons), but DCC style....Im not sure she would even be top 5 from her own rookie class. Sydney was middle of the road to me, but her looks put her over the top. I think she could still make the team if she tried out today, but now, she might be considered one of the weaker dancers, IMO. 

Omg go back and watch the vet solo on the first full season. Andrea who was point - this was before Thunder became The only pregame song - her sexy cop solo is horrific. Likes walking around tapping a night stick then some ass wiggling. I agree syd would prob make it today but def not show group or anything impressive today. 

• Love 9
On 5/23/2020 at 8:28 PM, scorpio1031 said:

This one?? 

Yes. Omg. How dreadful! Lollipop, weird rendition of a Four Tops song, whatever...thank you for finding it! This was I remembered hahaha, the horrible technique... she’d get smoked by dancers today. Oh, Sydney, smh. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She didn't leave; she was cut . Check out her IG account and you'll know why.

I was watching an old season and wondered where she ended up so I did look her up and yikes! What did she do to her face? Some of those pictures she looks soooooo off. She was one of the most beautiful girls ever to try out sure, she was extremely over-sexual, but she was still stunning. Now she looks like Howard the Duck's lovechild. It's very sad. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I was watching an old season and wondered where she ended up so I did look her up and yikes! What did she do to her face? Some of those pictures she looks soooooo off. She was one of the most beautiful girls ever to try out sure, she was extremely over-sexual, but she was still stunning. Now she looks like Howard the Duck's lovechild. It's very sad. 

She looks like an expensive Russian hooker trying to find a creepy old sultan to bankroll her. Sad. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 5:27 AM, DCC-UK said:

Same here! I actually like Kitty and miss her on the show. The dance world is super harsh so her criticisms were usually spot on.

I always enjoyed her appearances on the show too until she lost her damn mind defending VK & VK’s weight gain. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22

Judging by Lacey’s Instagram of her bachelorette party, she seems to be going full force ahead with her wedding next weekend. It will be interesting to see if any former DCCs are there, if it’s going to be a normal reception with dancing or with social distancing, etc.

49 minutes ago, kcrabtree06 said:

Judging by Lacey’s Instagram of her bachelorette party, she seems to be going full force ahead with her wedding next weekend. It will be interesting to see if any former DCCs are there, if it’s going to be a normal reception with dancing or with social distancing, etc.

I was curious about that as well 🙂  I'm wondering if she will have a small ceremony then have a big party later this year when things calm down.  I know that is what my friends who got married over the past month are doing. 

• Love 3

Lacey's IG shows she does not practice social distance.  She had a bachelorette party in bathing suits and no masks.  There's been some other social activities and times with all of her family.  I believe she wants her dream wedding to happen so it will happen and who cares about what's going on in the world.

Not impressed.................

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Lexusprincess said:

Lacey's IG shows she does not practice social distance.  She had a bachelorette party in bathing suits and no masks.  There's been some other social activities and times with all of her family.  I believe she wants her dream wedding to happen so it will happen and who cares about what's going on in the world.

Not impressed.................

Haven’t they lessened restrictions in Texas?  Cause we don’t have to wear a mask if we are with friends or family in a private setting.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Haven’t they lessened restrictions in Texas?  Cause we don’t have to wear a mask if we are with friends or family in a private setting.

They were still in place during Mother's Day when she posted certain events.  Her surprise bridal shower had several women who do not live together.   Weddings are events with larger crowds and I have not heard of any state governor or the national government  suggesting that.  Many brides-to-be have done the responsible thing which is to postpone their wedding.  

I believe many of the DCC current, retired, just retired act as if these health precautions are for someone else not them.  I am sad that women who are in the limelight act as if these precautions are for the rest of the world and not them.  

In my opinion, it is not being a responsible citizen to have any gathering of over 10 people during this time.  Hard to pull of a wedding with what I have seen of her bridesmaids that would be under 10 in fact under 20 or 30  Lacey may be an all time favorite.  It does not change my opinion about her actions.  

• Love 13
(edited)

I’m mean Lacey comes off as sweet but the way everthing revolves around appearance and troweling on tons of makeup, fillers, plastic surgery, hair etc she’s almost at Sydney level with being vain and vapid.

Edited by UnicornKicksBack
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I’m mean Lacey comes off as sweet but the way everthing revolves around appearance and troweling on tons of makeup, fillers, plastic surgery, hair etc she’s almost at Sydney level with being vain and vapid.

She seems lovely but not particularly bright. Common sense seems to be lacking.

• Love 7

I was gonna say, that might be, but at least Sydney is savvy AF.  I don't know why I have such a soft spot for Sydney, but I just do.

Lacey is a great dancer and pretty as can be, and probably a lovely friend, but doesn't seem like any kind of go-getter.  I always assumed that was why she didn't get more accolades and leadership positions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

While I agree that Lacey seems timid compared to some others, she was a second group leader, a group leader for two years, a longtime show group member, the pro bowl cheerleader, and in the triangle for 2 years. Had she stayed for a 6th year, she would’ve almost certainly been point, which other than vet/rookie of the year, is the only other accolade that she didn’t get (who was rookie of the year from her group?) 

Lacey was on the team so long that I think it’s hard to forget that she is very young compared to many of the other girls who came in right before and after her. I always wonder if the girls who went to the team straight out of high school would’ve been better off had they gone to college first or had other jobs that weren’t as high-profile first. I remember Jenna saying something about her whole adult life revolving around DCC, and that seems a stifling for personal growth, especially since DCC seems to dictate their lives. Not saying that college is a panacea by any means, but I think there’s a reason why many of us look fondly back on our college years and the many lessons learned - good and bad. 

• Love 6

She is adorable, but it is cracking me up how angry she looks in that first picture. Like it might be one of the last they took and she's sitting there wondering when she's getting her damned bottle! haha

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

She is adorable, but it is cracking me up how angry she looks in that first picture. Like it might be one of the last they took and she's sitting there wondering when she's getting her damned bottle! haha

LOL the pissed off look is what makes her even cuter to me!!

• Love 3

First Mary is perfection. Stunning without ever looking fake or overly made up.

i agree on having a soft spot for syd and not even sure why. I just do not like how she is torn apart over everything from looks to dance when others are praised for the same standards. Yeah Lacey dances circles around Sydney but both come off as entirely self absorbed and obsessed with their appearance. Sydney has a lot more personality though to me. Also at least she did attempt to go to school while Lacey is another who had five part time jobs all revolves around looking plastic. She had goals of going to school for diatetics but not sure if she ever actually did. I dunno. Loved her at first then she got on my nerves when she started having all the procedures and coming off like she was terrified to move and not look plastic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

i agree on having a soft spot for syd and not even sure why. I just do not like how she is torn apart over everything from looks to dance when others are praised for the same standards

I like Sydney as well - has a personality, good dancer, admitted she needed help to become a DCC, and then proceeded to help others.  She also seems to be a loyal friend and a good businesswoman.  And her little boy is adorable:)

• Love 8
On 5/22/2020 at 2:39 PM, Cappuccinagina said:

I also thought the lollipop audition solo “natural blonde” Sydney had was childish, inappropriate for NFL pro dancer tryouts of any kind, and her sad fouettes took her from one end of the Floor to center stage

Did she really say she was a natural blonde ? Her dark black roots in her many many pics during quarantine say otherwise 

• Love 1
On 5/26/2020 at 1:19 PM, mizzhyer said:

I was curious about that as well 🙂  I'm wondering if she will have a small ceremony then have a big party later this year when things calm down.  I know that is what my friends who got married over the past month are doing. 

You are correct. She posted a pic of her and Trevor with the marriage license on IG over the weekend and stated that they're going ahead with a small wedding this coming weekend with just family/close friends with a bigger event to be scheduled later on. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2