Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Shady580 said:

I liked Ashley Pro. I was sad to see her go. I was not sad to see Breelan go.

I never realized how frustrating Breelan was until I watched her season in one sitting.  That was just too much whining and bad dancing in a short period of time:/  If you have a girl "hiding" on purpose during practice - cut her.  If she isn't willing to stand out front and take a chance, good or bad, cut her.

1 minute ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

Was Jordan daigle ever point ??? I feel like based on her video at the wedding, she totally could have been 

She wasn't point, but she was a good dancer.  19 in her rookie class, so it's probably easy to get overlooked and outdanced when you've got Jenna, Jacie, Oliva, Jennifer C, Kinzie, Danielle, etc.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Do you think she had to practice that before the wedding? She only did one season and was cut years ago. So she either has a crazy good memory or she's been practicing in front of the mirror for several years... I kid I kid.... 

9 minutes ago, Shady580 said:

Do you think she had to practice that before the wedding? She only did one season and was cut years ago. So she either has a crazy good memory or she's been practicing in front of the mirror for several years... I kid I kid.... 

I wouldn't be surprised if they practiced.  Except if I were Emma, I would have practiced in those heels...YIKES!!!

12 minutes ago, Shady580 said:

Dancer's memory. There are some dances you just never forget---I could, I wouldn't, but I could bust out with a few old competition dances I did way back when. During my cousin's wedding her and her fellow dancers started busting out with random hand dances from their time as drill dancers in high school. 

• Love 6

I don’t think they practice. Hell I could get out there be do it (albeit terribly) from just watching it over the past 10 years now. 

Ps, ITS BEEN TEN YEARS OF THUNDERSTRUCK THIS YEAR YALL. #retirethethunder

• Love 2
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ashley Pro, Ashley Ferrel and Ashley Holland - Ashley P was one year and the others were three years.

I really liked all three Ashleys....it's honestly amazing to me that it's years now since they've been on the team.  Guess I kind of feel like once a DCC, always a DCC.  Emma and Nicole in particular have been pivotal in helping me keep that feeling alive 😂

• Love 4

I used to sell my costumes when I was done with/outgrew them. I did 7 solos in different categories, 2-3 duets/trios and numerous groups in every competition so it was crazy expensive! 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Do you think it’s awkward for cut girls to do thunderstruck again? Especially in some cases where the cut was quite unfair...

I was thinking that too. Must be sort of bittersweet.

23 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I don’t think they practice. Hell I could get out there be do it (albeit terribly) from just watching it over the past 10 years now. 

Ps, ITS BEEN TEN YEARS OF THUNDERSTRUCK THIS YEAR YALL. #retirethethunder

Kitty posted some pics on instagram of some of them practicing for Michelle Key's wedding:

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if even the younger DCCs practice informally. I doubt that they have a full scale practice at the studio, but I could definitely see a group of them running through the Thunderstruck choreo together at the house before heading to the wedding.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Which one is Michelle in that first picture?

Michelle's wearing an olive green jacket & gray pants.  She's between Brooke and Cassie .

• Love 1
17 hours ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

I think Michelle keys is overrated and weird looking 

Thank you for saying that...I totally agree!  Her choreo looks no different than either Jennifer's choreo...you could interchange all three and still be completely underwhelmed.  And don't get me started on the Stephanie D's s****** choreo...she seems like a decent person but her choreo is just too frenetic for me.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

Thank you for saying that...I totally agree!  Her choreo looks no different than either Jennifer's choreo...you could interchange all three and still be completely underwhelmed.  And don't get me started on the Stephanie D's s****** choreo...she seems like a decent person but her choreo is just too frenetic for me.  

I can def tell the difference in Michelle, Jenn K and Mia choreo.  But all are repetitive within their own styles.

Ive said before that Michelle’s classes are about been seen, Jennk’s are true basic DCC moves to prep for audition, Mia’s show ability to pic up weird choreo fast. 

I honestly can’t remember who tf Jenn Colvin even is. 

Stephanies classes are confidence builders bc she really is encouraging. But i totally agree her choreo is always a s****** mess and looks all the same. 

If I was trying to put my name out there and not being recruited straight from college Pom or other teams I’d go for Michele’s classes. Well when she still did them.

if I wanted to really nail down DCC basic combos and refine their specific technique JennK’s 💯

Stephanie might be fun. Honestly don’t know about Jenn Cole. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I honestly can’t remember who tf Jenn Colvin even is. 

Was she the one called "Jennifer Alexis" and was called out for weight with Chelsea, Danielle, and Paige in that infamous scene?

14 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I can def tell the difference in Michelle, Jenn K and Mia choreo.

Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Sarah Idziak's choreo?

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Was she the one called "Jennifer Alexis" and was called out for weight with Chelsea, Danielle, and Paige in that infamous scene?

Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Sarah Idziak's choreo?

Not a fan. Trying to separate Sarah’s personality from her choreo, and not really a fan of either. Not been to a Sarah class but rem her from back in the day camps. She’s more of a Kitty type teacher that does not hold back on critique and very perfectionist. But I don’t really think her choreo fits power Pom. She throws tries to throw the same cha cha moves and too many sequences that just look slow and disjointed to me. I think she did the Love So Soft quarter change and can’t think what else. The girls I knew are gone now so don’t know as much of what is happening.

Adding that I think Sarah gets a tougher time than she deserves bc she is 1) not the most glam and that’s not fair to her 2) so intense and perfectionist she gets a bad rap when she really is very passionate and trying to improve dancers. But her delivery comes off as harsh and she comes off as arrogant. 

Edited by UnicornKicksBack
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I LOVE Michelle Keys!!!!  She seriously helps me stay fit - not because I can do anything even remotely resembling her choreo, but because I'm a treadmill runner and when I see her dancing it keeps my energy up and I am killing it in my imagination, even though I'm probably just alarming the people next to me 😂

Also, as a side note, she wears these sweatpants all the time and it makes me happy....when I find a pair of pants I like, or those boots that go with everything, they usually end up being a part of my unofficial uniform and I pretty much wear them until they are literally falling apart.  Sometimes when people post it seems like they have never-ending wardrobes of beautiful things they only ever wear once, and I just can't relate to that.  I like it that she has her favorites too.  She even made a comment on one of her posts about it once, and I'm like, "me too, lady.  Me too!!!!"

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Stephanie might be fun.

I'd heard she was a total sweetheart, and really cares about her people.....if I ever get the chance to go stay in Dallas at any point, I'd probably try to see if I could take a class with her.  I'd definitely need someone exceptionally kind and patient 😂

35 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yes that's her.  She was friends with Makenzie Lee. I think they were on the same dance team in college.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/28/2019 at 7:08 AM, raindancer said:

I LOVE Michelle Keys!!!!  She seriously helps me stay fit - not because I can do anything even remotely resembling her choreo, but because I'm a treadmill runner and when I see her dancing it keeps my energy up and I am killing it in my imagination, even though I'm probably just alarming the people next to me 😂

Also, as a side note, she wears these sweatpants all the time and it makes me happy....when I find a pair of pants I like, or those boots that go with everything, they usually end up being a part of my unofficial uniform and I pretty much wear them until they are literally falling apart.  Sometimes when people post it seems like they have never-ending wardrobes of beautiful things they only ever wear once, and I just can't relate to that.  I like it that she has her favorites too.  She even made a comment on one of her posts about it once, and I'm like, "me too, lady.  Me too!!!!"

That's crazy you posted this. My daughter went to only one of Michelle's classes and it was this class way back in 2015! This is before she danced in college so it's fun for me to see how much she has grown since then. Here it is:  https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApM8UJndzybJ6WTvNPp7AV9GhJpD

• Love 3
On 6/28/2019 at 6:50 AM, Kayce said:

Rotf so funny story- 

I wrote a comment (like many others ) about how bad Stephanie d’s choreo was on her dance to old town road... she sent me a Facebook message asking me why I didn’t like her dance and then wrote back to the comment that “whatever she’s doing must be working because the dcc have used her choreo for 6+ years” smh 🤦‍♀️ 😐

But at some point the lady does need to be retired from dcc , enough is enough. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

So I have no idea how I found this, I was doing some work research, clicked a random link and this popped up in the suggestions. I found it rather interesting. I have no idea who this is, I never heard of the DCC before the show started and she was pre-show. But it was still an interesting read. It sounds like training camp and tryouts were very similar back in her day. PS Sorry if the link is the old fashioned copy-paste. I'm on my work computer and it's VERY limited as to what we can do, I'm surprised I got on this site lol. I know by the time I get home tomorrow morning I will have forgotten this. 

eatured.flosports.tv/angela-vandewalle-memoir-of-a-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader

Edited by nrskim
Forgot to add
34 minutes ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

Rotf so funny story- 

I wrote a comment (like many others ) about how bad Stephanie d’s choreo was on her dance to old town road... she sent me a Facebook message asking me why I didn’t like her dance and then wrote back to the comment that “whatever she’s doing must be working because the dcc have used her choreo for 6+ years” smh 🤦‍♀️ 😐

But at some point the lady does need to be retired from dcc , enough is enough. 

It doesn't matter how many years the DCC have used her choreo, not every piece will be liked by everybody else.  She should have asked you what you didn't like, what you did like, thanked you for taking the time to comment and for your honesty.   There is no reason to be snarky.  If she doesn't want feedback, then she shouldn't put any video on her IG.   

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Law Mom said:

That's crazy you posted this. My daughter went to only one of Michelle's classes and it was this class way back in 2015! This is before she danced in college so it's fun for me to see how much she has grown since then. Here it is:  https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApM8UJndzybJ6WTvNPp7AV9GhJpD

OMG that is so awesome!!!!!  Of course I wasn't sure which was your daughter, but they all looked like they were having fun, and I just really loved that choreo.  Is your daughter still in college, or continuing on with dance??

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, raindancer said:

OMG that is so awesome!!!!!  Of course I wasn't sure which was your daughter, but they all looked like they were having fun, and I just really loved that choreo.  Is your daughter still in college, or continuing on with dance??

She just graduated. She was on her dance team for three years, was Rookie of the Year, captain, and team MVP her senior year (mom brag). Her plan now is to take drop in classes just for fun and to keep up her skills. She has been taking a lot of classes with a guy named Stevo McMaryion.

One reason I don't judge anyone based on these classes is that they are not auditions! In this class she was just having fun, not trying to impress anyone with "extra pop" or doing full makeup and hair. But she has matured as a dancer a lot since this was taken in 2015. BTW, she's on the right, front row.

Edited by Law Mom
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It doesn't matter how many years the DCC have used her choreo, not every piece will be liked by everybody else.  She should have asked you what you didn't like, what you did like, thanked you for taking the time to comment and for your honesty.   There is no reason to be snarky.  If she doesn't want feedback, then she shouldn't put any video on her IG.   

I don’t get why she’s so defensive? I don’t agree with leaving negative comments especially if you don’t offer some valuable criticism, but I wouldn’t send a private message like this one for sure. 

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

2019-20 DCC All Stars

65312898_2391308661194828_53396577378715

How come JenK isn’t an all star anymore? Does anyone know if she’s still an assistant choreographer/junior dcc director?

I assume they will be using Emma again for thunderstruck. I don’t recall her being sent out to many appearances as an all star, but girl has been filling in for injured girls like crazy!

37 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

How come JenK isn’t an all star anymore? Does anyone know if she’s still an assistant choreographer/junior dcc director?

Her IG says:

Real Estate Investor- Wife to @tyleramburn - Mom to Clark- Former DCC 💙 Dancer and Choreographer.

Maybe she just wants to be a SAHM.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t get why she’s so defensive? I don’t agree with leaving negative comments especially if you don’t offer some valuable criticism, but I wouldn’t send a private message like this one for sure. 

I assume they will be using Emma again for thunderstruck. I don’t recall her being sent out to many appearances as an all star, but girl has been filling in for injured girls like crazy!

I’m assuming it’s because she doesn’t have the DCC body back post baby. She’s not fat but she’s not DCC uniform ready

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I would think they would use Lacey - maybe.  But hopefully this will be a year without any serious injuries or illnesses.  I don't think Jinelle got a lot of time off.  And I'm hoping that any gals who miss practice due to a work function don't get pulled from a game this year.

• Love 2