Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: What Comes After

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

Wait, this is Rick's last episode of TWD and we don't even get any goodbyes with the rest of the cast?!?  And somehow he managed to leave without them knowing he's not dead!  I'm devastated.  I knew there was a reason to hate that helicopter when it first showed up.  How do you not SEE or HEAR a damn helicopter!

FU Jadis!   You are officially trash in my book and belong in that dump.

Edited by fatewemake
  • Love 6

Time Jump no. 2.... Old woman Carol... Judith with a sword like her mama..her brothers hat and a gun like  dad... I'm excited for what's to come... I wonder if jadis will stay behind.. I need to see angry michonne... Jesus is with the kingdom now.. Walkers are evolving maybe.. Whew

• Love 7

Thank you Andrew Lincoln for all of your hard work and dedication. 

I always snarked on Rick, but I loved Andrew. 

I am so sorry TPTB didn't dhow you, the show, the cast, crew and audience the respect we all deserved. 

• Love 23

My initial guess about the helicopter save and Jadis was right and I second guessed myself with the rebar all along death.

I have to say that even though I wasn't a huge Rick fan I didn't want him to die so I liked what we got.

Loved the Rick/Shane hallucination I always enjoyed their severely dysfunctional friendship.

The Rick/Hershel scene made me sad, especially since Scott Wilson has passed.

Didn't understand why they picked Sasha unlesd it was because she sacrificed herself to save the family?

The time jump with Judith was shocking. Was it like 4 years?

I was good with Rick's 'death' until Daryl's lip trembled and then I lost it.  I was a little emotional when the Bolts kept coming to save Rick. Brother protecting Brother.

• Love 20

I legit bawled at the bridge scene. 

I'm just going to pretend that Rick died there.

I am actively offended that fucking Jadis saved Rick and they used the music that was used when Glenn saved Rick.

I'm pissed that Rick is not dead and is STILL separated from his family by someone who is using him.  Fuck that. 

Ugh. I'm so frustrated right now.

• Love 23
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Didn't understand why they picked Sasha unlesd it was because she sacrificed herself to save the family?

My cynical guess is because they either didn't ask or couldn't get the actors who played Carl, Lori or Glenn.  I was glad to see Shane and Herschel though.

• Love 20

Please show, I’m begging you, don’t let Negan the rapist and murderer cozy up to Judith.

There’s creepy, there’s fucking creepy, and then there is super fucking I need to shower creepy.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The time jump with Judith was shocking. Was it like 4 years?

Probably more.. That girl was early tween so I'd say 12 or so and Judith was like 3 or 4 at the beginning of the episode.. That would also give time for a richonne baby to have been born and grown up enough to be somewhat useful.. Didn't see an inkling of it in the preview.. But who knows.. I mean that much time passing.. Some other folks would have to have had some kids as well.. 

• Love 6

Well that was a boring pile of horseshit--apologies to the horse.  

NO WAY will I be watching annoying little Calamity Jane/Judith, and I'm not interested in seeing yet another group.   

I'm out.  Looking forward to watching something else in this time slot. 

• Love 14

They were holding Michonne back when Rick was OK?!?  I guess they couldn't see what was going on or they thought it was too dangerous to run to him.  Still, not buying it though.   They fight for minor characters if there is any possibility of survival and this was fu$#$#@king Rick Grimes!

• Love 3

Except for the helicopter that no one can hear or see, this episode got to me. Loved seeing Rick and Shane together and my heart broke when Daryl cried. The horse was pure comedy. Tossed Rick on rebar yet consistently hung around waiting for him. 

At least with the time jump, if the show is going to have us deal with neutered Negan, hopefully we can assume his minions will have been gone by then.

I appreciated that Michonne allowed Maggie to enter to kill Negan even if she didn't agree. 

• Love 10

So this is how they get rid of stuff they can’t resolve in the writing?  Jump ahead several years?

well fuck you show.  All the people who died, and we still have fucking Negan.  And new people.  And now movies?  About what?  And how many commercials?

everyone should quit.  This sucks. 

• Love 23
15 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Please show, I’m begging you, don’t let Negan the rapist and murderer cozy up to Judith.

There’s creepy, there’s fucking creepy, and then there is super fucking I need to shower creepy.

Michonne is okay with Judith hanging out with NEGAN?  Will the character assassination NEVER end?

• Love 21
26 minutes ago, fatewemake said:

Welcome to the WDM --- the Walking Dead Millennials.  There are going to need a lot of luck to getting through this world without smart phones, IPADs and weather apps.

Lol!!!!  You are right......

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Loved the Rick/Shane hallucination I always enjoyed their severely dysfunctional friendship.

Yes, that scene was good. Shane mentioning his little girl, and Rick telling him she doesn't have (Shane's) nose. Did TPTB bring in a good writer for just that scene?

God, this show has no balls. The ep should have ended when Daryl turned away and faded into the woods. That shit at the end, with Jadis and the 'copter?  I swear my jaw was hanging open watching it. Where are they going, off to see the Wizard?

It was very polite of the walkers to stop and wait patiently til Rick finished each dream/hallucination before taking up the chase again. Am the only one who heard one of them speak near the end? Maybe I'm hallucinating too.

20 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

a decent side chunk of his grand farewell episode goes to...Negan. NEGAN!!!

Hard to believe, but not really surprising. Yes, let Negan's hysterical hamming it up take the spotlight off Rick. Why not? Rick already had his character sullied in the name of All Things Negan.

• Love 13

Man oh man Daryl and that bow desperately trying to save Rick gave me allllll the feels. Rick apologizing to Herschel - lost it again. Especially knowing what Herschel meant to them how they didnt get a chance to properly bury and mourn him. Regardless of the story telling mistakes in the past, kudos to them for not having the heart to kill Rick MF'ing Grimes. 

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Boofish said:

kudos to them for not having the heart to kill Rick MF'ing Grimes. 

I feel it's more like them not having the guts to kill him, just in case he can come back at some time and they can squeeze a few more dollars out of his hide.

• Love 19

It was nice for Andrew to give kudos to his castmates the way he did in order to help save viewership (and I'm sure he sincerely meant it as well).  Rick Grimes was the show.  I got into watching the gore primarily because I looked forward to seeing his hot ass every week.  And I think there are quite a few others who feel the same way.  Instead of introducing a whole bunch of new women and Judith as a grown-up kid, they should also have brought in a new hot guy.  Norman Reedus won't be able to do it.

I can see the show bringing him back for cameos if need be if the ratings really start to tank.  Glad they didn't kill him off or else I'd still be bawling.

Edited by Jets4274
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Cherokee Rose said:

It's like they created a totally new show. Not sure I like the new direction.  AL can do movies and other things, why couldn't he just stay on the show?

Just haven't liked S9.

Because he didn't want to live away from his family for 7 months out of the year. Filming a 2 hour TV Movie once every couple of years is much less of a commitment.

In other news we actually got an answer. Rick is a "B". So, now the question is B = Male or Human? A = Female or Walker?

Are they trying to repopulate the earth and seeking out strong male/females?  Are they looking for test subjects Human/Walkers? Or maybe B = Warrior/Soldier and A = Scholar/Leader?

• Love 8

A lot to take in, but I'm mainly just glad that the show is moving quickly now.  That whole 'two seasons that comprise about five weeks' killed me.

I certainly wasn't expecting that big of a time jump, but they gotta get Judith up to an age where she can take some of these Rick/Carl stories I guess.

It's not perfect, but I can say I'm invested in the show again.  Not sure I can say the same about the adventures of Rick/Jadis, especially if Gimple is in charge of it.

• Love 8

"Wow, I sure am glad that in the last episode that would feature Rick, our hero and protagonist for nine long years, we got so much of some overly chatty asshole, and a bunch of people for some reason not killing him!"-no one ever. 

I really did like how Rick went out, and Darryl crying as Rick blew up, and before that just standing there and shooting off arrows as everyone tried to save him, because he knew what Rick was doing, really did hit me in the gut. And Michonnes reaction, and everyone putting their differences aside to save Rick, because, like me, he often times frustrated the hell out of them, but they still love him. I would be sad to lose Rick, and struggle with what a show without him would be, but, with the exception of no reference to Carl, this felt like a fit ending to his character. The parts with Hershel and Shane especially hit me in the nostalgia pit. God, I miss Hershel. 

And then that stupid ass ending. GOD!

• Love 17

Daryl had no words, nor did he need them.

Daryl's face showed understated truth and I was so glad we had a good, big screen to watch him.  

It made me wish the entire episode had been a silent hour.

Others came across fitting the old Texas phrase about city folks who wear 10 gallon hats, "All hat and no cattle".

• Love 12
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

"Wow, I sure am glad that in the last episode that would feature Rick, our hero and protagonist for nine long years, featured so much of some overly chatty asshole, and a bunch of people for some reason not killing him!"-no one ever. 

I was puzzling over why Zach McGowan, a well-known actor coming off a superlative show like Black Sails, only spent 1 1/2 eps here and spoke about 60 words, give or take. Stupid me. I think he didn't do his research when they hired him and when he finally did begged them to kill him off.

2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

The parts with Hershel and Shane especially hit me in the nostalgia pit.

Yes. Knowing that Scott Wilson died probably not long after that sequence was filmed made it so very poignant and sad.

• Love 6

And how is it that no one besides Jadis heard or saw the helicopter?  She flew off with Rick in daylight and no one is expected to look up at the sky and say WTF?  That part of the storyline made no sense to me.

• Love 18

Negan was trolling Maggie, right??  

Seriously, after EVERYTHING, she bought that and just walked out??  

And I'd say RIP Rick but WTF......was that.....and no one notices a helicopter in the sky in a time where they don't have petrol for cars anymore....you'd think that would stand out over the walker groaning....

Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Jets4274 said:

She flew off with Rick in daylight and no one is expected to look up at the sky and say WTF?

Yeah, I mentioned that too. While this big chopper is hovering in the sky and landing, not one person could see or hear it. Maybe only Jadis hears it. Maybe it has a cloaking device like in Star Trek.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, suomi said:

Or maybe it's just shitty writing. 

It's the shittiest of the shitty to pretend a whole group of people are deaf and blind to something like a helicopter. Jesus...

From someone's "Rick Grimes" Twitter acct, re: Scott Wilson's appearance:

Reminder that this was the last scene Scott Wilson ever filmed before his passing.

• Love 4