Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: What Comes After

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Daltrey said:

It could have been so much better if we'd seen a lot of that instead of much of the nonsense we got followed by this little bit of exposition...... My two cents, anyway.

At least we kind of avoided the trope of Rick & Negan together with Negan spouting "we're not so different, you and I..." amirite?!

• Love 4

It would have been much more long-winded. "You know something, Rick? You and me, we're a lot alike. Except that my dick is bigger. Because I've got a big dick. Hey, where the hell are you going? I wasn't through talking about my big dick yet! You know I can't chew and swallow food until I warm my jaws up by monologuing for thirty minutes! Just like you! And, remember how you gave Carl a hat and then I tried to chop off his arm, then gave him some of his own household's spaghetti, and then tried to smash his head with a spiked club? All of those things are exactly the same. We're like two easy peasies in a lemon squeezy pod, I say. Hey, can I have Lucille back? Sometimes I like to put lipstick on her and pretend she's my wife. What, like you've never had a ghost-phone threesome with Shane and Lori? I loved my wife, you know. Hey, let's whip out our dicks and measure!"

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

"You know something, Rick? You and me, we're a lot alike. Except that my dick is bigger. Because I've got a big dick. Hey, where the hell are you going? I wasn't through talking about my big dick yet! You know I can't chew and swallow food until I warm my jaws up by monologuing for thirty minutes! Just like you! And, remember how you gave Carl a hat and then I tried to chop off his arm, then gave him some of his own household's spaghetti, and then tried to smash his head with a spiked club? All of those things are exactly the same. We're like two easy peasies in a lemon squeezy pod, I say. Hey, can I have Lucille back? Sometimes I like to put lipstick on her and pretend she's my wife. What, like you've never had a ghost-phone threesome with Shane and Lori? I loved my wife, you know. Hey, let's whip out our dicks and measure!"

OH gawd! Just reading this is giving me an anxiety attack for all those horrific monologues we endured. "My dick is bigger than Rick the Prick's", said Kirkman Negan. I never want to hear the word "dick" again. But you forgot to mention how the Fonz threatened to cut out Carl's other eye. Lucky for us and for Negan (since we get to keep him around) all that was forgiven and forgotten by Rick.

• Love 1

I'm just now catching up on the season so I guess no one will see this comment but ... what a big steaming pile of dog shit this episode turned out to be.

The episodes leading up to this were a slight improvement over the past two seasons, not great but recognizably TWD episodes with people expressing their emotions and beliefs through dialogue (not monologue), actions, and reactions to events.  This episode was a return to everything I hated.  Portentous statements of "philosophy" - check.  Retconning prior history and relationships - check.  Events following after each other without logical cause and effect - check. Stupidity just to place characters in the right places - check.  etc, etc, 

As for RIck's farewell itself, I liked the scene with Shane because it brought back their chemistry together.  The actual dialogue sucked (other then Shane's dig about Judith) because it was just a retread of the "you're really like me" debate that's been had ad nauseum.  Hershel's scene was incredibly sad and affecting because of the actor's passing, I have no idea whether the scene worked because I was too mesmerized by looking at Scott Wilson to hear a word they said.  The scene with Sasha was just garbage that reminded me of that terrible MASH episode (recently entered into the NONAC) where they all have nightmares.  Look, I get that they couldn't use Carl because they shafted Chandler so he isn't returning their calls but how could they not have included at LEAST Glen's voice saying "Wake Up Dumbass"?      

Also, ending the episode with another time jump to a bad child actor taking Carl's place was just a f'ing thumb in the eye.  (I personally think Chandler had become pretty decent at this by the time he left the show.)

• Love 7

I have to give it to the writers. That was a good fakeout. I figured you only bring all those actors back for cameos if you actually kill Rick off. I also seemed to remember that he got killed at some point from media osmosis, but maybe that was this fakeout.

I guess he's probably out for at least the rest of the season though, maybe longer? I guess I'll see. Binging this goes down well enough if I distract myself by playing Minecraft and fast forewarding through the worst parts.

I hope they didn't not-kill him, for him to only come back at the end of the show. That would be some bullshit.

Edited by PurpleTentacle