Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

I told you ladies that she was never going to stay on code with the ladies of the view and take the high road.   I am shocked that she did not trash them sooner..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

I am shocked that she did not trash them sooner..

She was saving it for her audio book.  She is so predictable.  All she knows how to do is make herself the victim.  And I still don't believe she decided to leave the View.  I think she was told she wouldn't be back and they let her save face.  She will never own any of her faults.  

• Love 13

Ugh. I had to quit reading that half way through due to Meg continuing to play up being the victim. She still hasn’t grown up. If anyone made the set toxic it was her with her screeching and arguing and all around bad attitude.

Shouldnt Meg’s thread be closed by now and send her to the former host topic?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7

She was not the only conservative on the show--Abby, Ana. She never apologized for anything on this show. And she /was/ the toxic work environment on this show. I bet it was hard for her not to burst out laughing at the question about who was leaking to the tabloids considering the leak was her herself, all in an attempt to make people pity her. And this:

Full disclosure: McCain is a friend of mine. We worked together years ago at Newsweek and The Daily Beast, where I was her editor. I started reporting on my book before she joined “The View.”

is why I never trusted that Ramin Setoodeh person who wrote that View-related gossip book. They wrote it with a bias in league with McCain and I will never give anything from them or it the benefit of the doubt. McCain wanted and is still trying to harm the show and take down Joy Behar--it's clear that's what she came into this job wanting to do--but you failed! Good riddance!

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

MM announced with glee on one of her first days she was so happy to be on the show to fight with Joy. WTF? Who does this?

She came with an agenda and she did not succeed.

Yup, I remember that too. I think she thought she'd be great playing gotcha with Joy Behar each day, and it didn't quite work out as she hoped. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

And I remember her calling Whoopi the "Queen of The View" on her first day even though Joy had been on the show much longer than Whoopi.  

She even shaded Joy career's once, saying Whoopi was the egot. Her treatment of Joy was so bad at times it made me uncomfortable watching the show. I kept them, damn, HR, someone, please step in. Joy doesn't deserve this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I thought the most interesting thing she said was that The View hasn’t had any REAL conservative guest co-hosts on so far since she left. I’m sure your good friend, SE Cupp, will be happy to hear that, Meghan!😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Megan can bitch and moan about the view forevermore but she will never have a gig this good ever in life.  She is an obnoxious talentless twit and I am glad that she is gone..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

Whoopi and Joy! Doing the Lord's work. Isn't this admittance from McCain the equivalent of calling"Uncle"? She is conceding that Joy won and bested her. What about her "pew!pew! (gunfire) fighting, whiskey-drinking persona? Taken down by finding out her nemesis did not miss her while she was on leave. So tragic. I wish Joy would I have said "I missed you zero, Bitch". 

I am with the TYT guy-Meghan has always been able to dish it out liberally but never, ever able to take it. I do have sympathy for her post partum woes but she was goading Joy-interupting her and then doing the sing songy thing just like a school yard bully. Also Unlike the fucking rest of us, she could have chosen to stay home and get treatment. She did not have to go back to The View. She has choices-you know, those things that she doesn't want other women to have.

What about the time she nastily told Joy it was her job to listen to her--I wonder how Joy felt because the look on her face told me she had some *feelings* about that. Did Meghan apologize to her for that mess? I dont think so. It is laughable to expect Joy to apologize to her and I am so glad that Joy didn't do it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Meghan and S.E. will be on WWHL tonight.  The show is asking people to tweet questions. 

Most of the questions are hilarious--a lot of questions like:

Does Meghan realize the toxicity was her fault? 

Who funds The Federalist?

Why does she always play the victim?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Meghan and S.E. will be on WWHL tonight.  The show is asking people to tweet questions. 

Most of the questions are hilarious--a lot of questions like:

Does Meghan realize the toxicity was her fault? 

Who funds The Federalist?

Why does she always play the victim?

I would LOVE a link to this!  (I found it!)

So I guess Meghan wasn't all flattered about Aidy Bryant's portrayal of her on SNL. Who knew? (Us. We all knew. But why is she admitting that all of her bravado she touts is false?)

https://dlisted.com/2021/10/20/meghan-mccain-really-didnt-like-getting-parodied-on-saturday-night-live/

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

So I guess Meghan wasn't all flattered about Aidy Bryant's portrayal of her on SNL. Who knew? (Us. We all knew. But why is she admitting that all of her bravado she touts is false?)

https://dlisted.com/2021/10/20/meghan-mccain-really-didnt-like-getting-parodied-on-saturday-night-live/

See, that's what sets MM apart from someone like Ana. Ana is a conservative but isn't tribal, has a sense of humor, can laugh at herself and colleagues and fans alike actually love her. It's all in the personality.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

She knew that if she threw the conniption she wanted to, they would keep making fun of her and it would make her look bad that she can't take a joke because her ego is the size of Arizona.

I've said it before, but if The View was actually interested in countering all these smears McCain is throwing out into the ether, they'd woo Abby Huntsman back to the show. McCain's former BFF that she chased off the show, who went to HR about the toxicity McCain caused. It would show that the only problem at The View while McCain was there was McCain.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, maggiemae said:

I love that MM ranted about no baby shower or confetti on the show....

Hello, Meghan...there were lockdowns and quarantines going on. The show was remote. You weren't even in NYC!! Boo hoo hoo. 🙄

• Love 2

Meghan is the one who created the “spoiled, entitled queen of nepotism persona that is out there” and made herself “the laughing stock of the country.”  Aidy & other SNLers were just mimicking Meghan, using her actual words.

• Love 9

Thing is they even had some chef send food to taste to the hosts when taping in their own homes.

The show could have easily sent gifts or a cake or anything to MM when she returned from maternity leave....or even before she left for maternity leave.

Evidently no one surrounding the show wanted to...the producers, the co-hosts etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Because Lazypants has discovered that it's so much easier for her to be a victim than a badass.  Being a badass requires energy.  Too much work.  Being a professional victim who has been bullied is totally her jam. 

• Love 9

https://www.rawstory.com/abc-disputes-meghan-mccain-account/

"We're told there are many points of dissent -- for instance, ABC execs say the notion Meghan left on her own volition is wrong, and ditto for her claim everybody except her was oozing toxicity," said the report. "Our sources tell us Meghan was essentially forced out of her role after an internal investigation into the environment she describes -- which we're told was, in fact, real ... but mostly due to Meghan's behavior on and off camera, not her coworkers' -- other way around."

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, Mimi said:

https://www.rawstory.com/abc-disputes-meghan-mccain-account/

"We're told there are many points of dissent -- for instance, ABC execs say the notion Meghan left on her own volition is wrong, and ditto for her claim everybody except her was oozing toxicity," said the report. "Our sources tell us Meghan was essentially forced out of her role after an internal investigation into the environment she describes -- which we're told was, in fact, real ... but mostly due to Meghan's behavior on and off camera, not her coworkers' -- other way around."

This is pretty much what most of  us here have thought.  Meghan will of course use this to add to her victimhood.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan will of course use this to add to her victimhood.  

Ironically (I guess that's the word I want) the only people who are going to buy into Megan the Victim are those who never watched The View.  

• Love 10

Joy didn't say "I did not miss you. Zero!" until after MM went on and on begging/taunting Joy to say how much she missed her, you know you missed me etc. etc.  So of course Joy did her usual so what, who cares type of response to shut MM up.  Don't taunt sarcastic people if you cannot handle their responses, Missy.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, SusannahM said:

Ironically (I guess that's the word I want) the only people who are going to buy into Megan the Victim are those who never watched The View.  

Not necessarily true. The View (and ladies on the panel) knew exactly who Meghan was when ABC hired her. Loud, brash, talkative, etc...and yet they still hired her.

• Love 1

I'm glad she's going scorched earth, that means that I NEVER have to worry about her ass showing up to guest cohost ever again.

To quote the great Blanche Devereux, "Eat dirt and die, trash". 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

The View (and ladies on the panel) knew exactly who Meghan was when ABC hired her. Loud, brash, talkative, etc...and yet they still hired her.

When Meghan McCain was hired she did not have a reputation for being an obnoxious loud mouthed brat.  Arguably her greatest claim to fame was getting owned by Paul Begala on Bill Maher's show.  I don't believe ABC foresaw her becoming what she became and causing such a toxic work environment HR was involved.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Not necessarily true. The View (and ladies on the panel) knew exactly who Meghan was when ABC hired her. Loud, brash, talkative, etc...and yet they still hired her.

23 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

When Meghan McCain was hired she did not have a reputation for being an obnoxious loud mouthed brat.  Arguably her greatest claim to fame was getting owned by Paul Begala on Bill Maher's show.  I don't believe ABC foresaw her becoming what she became and causing such a toxic work environment HR was involved.  

Exactly. When she appeared on this show as a guest, she was actually likeable. It was why when it was announced she would join the show, she was pretty much a blank slate.

But she proved me and others wrong about her true nature. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

When Meghan McCain was hired she did not have a reputation for being an obnoxious loud mouthed brat.  Arguably her greatest claim to fame was getting owned by Paul Begala on Bill Maher's show. 

That was the first time I ever saw MM.  I got the impression that she was pleased with her appearance on Bill Maher and thought she held her own until people later explained what Paul Begala said. I was just expecting her to be another dumb peroxided Republican on The View, but she turned out to be much, much worse!

The funny thing is that MeAgain thinks her "book" will get her lots of good publicity, but it will probably get The View more publicity. And we don't have to see or hear her any more!

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
On 10/22/2021 at 8:21 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Exactly. When she appeared on this show as a guest, she was actually likeable. It was why when it was announced she would join the show, she was pretty much a blank slate.

But she proved me and others wrong about her true nature. 

I remember thinking she seemed lighthearted and playful in the interviews I saw of hers years ago. How wrong I was . . . 

• Love 2

Has anyone else listened to the "Behind the Table" podcasts? I just listened to the Joy/Debbie episode and am now listening to Whoopi/Nicolle. These episodes are fun, conversational and take one back to the different eras of the show when these ladies were hosting. The next episode will be Sunny/Jed.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Has anyone else listened to the "Behind the Table" podcasts? I just listened to the Joy/Debbie episode and am now listening to Whoopi/Nicolle. These episodes are fun, conversational and take one back to the different eras of the show when these ladies were hosting. The next episode will be Sunny/Jed.

Yes, agreed! It was really interested to hear Whoopi touch on the Rosie O situation a little bit in the Nicole episode. I was going to skip the Candice / Raven episode but it was interesting to hear how many not nice things they let the two say about the show on its own podcast haha. 

• Useful 2

17 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I like how blunt and open the podcast is. I mean Sherri's episode really went into a lot of detail of the behind the scenes drama and issues. I like convos like this, I miss the after the view they did in 2015-2016 as well. was always fun to watch. but im someone who wishes Joy was the moderator and Whoopi was gone so that may be an unpopular opinion.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Buckeye71034 said:

I like how blunt and open the podcast is. I mean Sherri's episode really went into a lot of detail of the behind the scenes drama and issues. I like convos like this, I miss the after the view they did in 2015-2016 as well. was always fun to watch. but im someone who wishes Joy was the moderator and Whoopi was gone so that may be an unpopular opinion.

You can come sit by me!!  I've wished Whoopi was gone for a loooooong time!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

You can come sit by me!!  I've wished Whoopi was gone for a loooooong time!!!

I will join you because Whoopie is awful...

20 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

Yes, agreed! It was really interested to hear Whoopi touch on the Rosie O situation a little bit in the Nicole episode. I was going to skip the Candice / Raven episode but it was interesting to hear how many not nice things they let the two say about the show on its own podcast haha. 

Could you please summarize what the ladies said?

• Love 3

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-is-still-playing-the-victim

This article is so on-point. But one fact mentioned here stood out to me when they were talking about how much nepotism has played into her existence in the media: Nicolle Wallace—the person McCain repeatedly attacks (and did so again recently, saying Wallace set Palin up or some nonsense)—apparently helped McCain get a job at TheDailyBeast years back. Seems like a recurring thing that people bend over backwards or call favors in for her only for her to treat them like garbage afterwards. Projection for her own failures, I guess.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I will join you because Whoopie is awful...

Could you please summarize what the ladies said?

Raven and Candace both just said how they were told the show would taking a more light hearted and nonpolitical turn. they would even go back to prerecording episodes on Fridays. Candace said that was why she was so eager to sign-up for it because she likes talking about family, relationships, pop culture etc etc. Raven said similar and realized how out of depth she was coming from just the showbiz side. honestly just sounded a lot like Jenny McCarthy. Candace said Trump's rise was the reason for the turn back to politics and that she should have anticipated it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Raven and Candace both just said how they were told the show would taking a more light hearted and nonpolitical turn. they would even go back to prerecording episodes on Fridays. Candace said that was why she was so eager to sign-up for it because she likes talking about family, relationships, pop culture etc etc. Raven said similar and realized how out of depth she was coming from just the showbiz side. honestly just sounded a lot like Jenny McCarthy. Candace said Trump's rise was the reason for the turn back to politics and that she should have anticipated it. 

They came in at the time when the show did not know what it wanted to be since Barbara Walters no longer had any control of the show. So I can understand why those two were annoyed and felt duped by the people in charge with the promise of a lighter show and it slowly reverted back to the Rosie/Elizabeth years. 

• Love 2

Jedediah Bila said she did not experience drama backstage at The View.  This is from a sneak peak of the next Behind the Table podcast episode:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/view-alum-jedediah-bila-surprising-155845305.html

"You know me—I don't do drama at work," she told Hostin. "I don't like it. I don't flourish in it and I wasn't used to it and I was like, 'Oh my gosh, I'm going to walk into this and it's going to be constant stress.'"

Yet, "for me," she said, "that was not my experience."

"There was not one fight that we had off-set," she said. "There was not one close to argument. There was zero."

Hostin agreed, adding, "Never."

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

TMZ/TooFab reporter caught Whoopi and Sara as they were leaving the studio today and asked about Meghan:

https://toofab.com/2021/10/25/whoopi-goldberg-and-sara-haines-shrug-off-meghan-mccain-slamming-the-view/

From the article:

After Donald Trump won the presidential election in 2016, McCain stated that Goldberg, along with the rest of the cast and staff, began to turn on her due to her party identity as a Republican.

Meghan joined the View in the fall of 2017. Almost a year after Trump was elected.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7