Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Stupid question...So are they using a fake background for the other hosts? 

Not a stupid question, but yes, with Zoom or whatever medium they are using you can choose a fake background.

Or what falltime said. Lol. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1
On 9/13/2020 at 6:39 AM, Haleth said:

Not a stupid question, but yes, with Zoom or whatever medium they are using you can choose a fake background.

Or what falltime said. Lol. 

On 9/13/2020 at 8:19 AM, falltime said:

They are sitting right in front of flat screens.

I think this is the screen Sunny sits against.

Thank you! I appreciate it.

• Love 1

For the Week of Sept. 21, ‘The View’ Sees Gains in All Key Target Demos Turning in Its Best Total Viewer and Women 25-54 Performances in 3 Months, While Hitting a 5-Month High in Women 18-49

Year to Year, ‘The View’ Posts Increases Across the Board

During the First Three Weeks of Season 24, ‘The View’ Is Up in All Key Target Demos Compared to the First Three Weeks of Season 23

On Monday With Guest Neil deGrasse Tyson, ‘The View’ Sees Its Strongest Telecast in 3 Months in Total Viewers, in 4 Months in Women 18-49 and in 5 Months in Women 25-54

https://abcnewspr.tumblr.com/post/630625684326367233/abcs-the-view-ranks-no-1-in-households-among

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I watch this show out of loyalty!!!  I can't believe so many people watch it because they like it ... LOL!!!

The fire breathing new Mom took away my ability to even watch this show out of loyalty. It's still a set weekly DVR recording even though I usually cancel each daily episode on Sundays before the week begins. I may try to watch while she's gone if they actually have a guest I want to see. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Sara's uncontrollable laughter when discussing Toobin on Tuesday morning made quite a few news sites (just Google it and you will see).  Some commenters wondered why she saw this as being hysterically funny, while the others didn't.

Most adults would do the mock puke rather than giggle like a tween.  All I could think of was the poor women in that Zoom meeting that he was masturbating over.

20 minutes ago, deirdra said:

So Meghan has been gone for 5 weeks and The View is #1.  She need not return.

If only TPTB would take heed.  They have no common sense it would seem.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:28 PM, Haleth said:

I think Sara had a Chuckles the Clown moment. She couldn’t help herself even though she knew giggling was inappropriate. 

Oh man i can so relate.  I have my own Chuckles syndrome, only mine is smiling. Big smile ear to ear like the Cheshire Cat lol.  Its very embarrassing and i dont know why but yeah. That happens.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 11/14/2020 at 12:02 PM, deirdra said:

I think you mean:

* WITHOUT MEGHAN !!!

I find it so much easier to watch without her. The ratings must have gotten better in recent times due to the political climate, as many of us suspected, not because Meghan brought tension to the show. 

• Love 5

WOW! Looks like 'The View' and all it's political talk this new season has completely beaten down it's rival 'The Talk', which is worrying CBS.  Season 24 of 'The View' has been averaging 3 Million viewers each day, while Season 11 of 'The Talk' has been pulling in only half of that at 1.5 million viewers.  'The Talk', which only has Sharon Osbourne from it's original cast, is the lowest rated daytime program on the CBS schedule.

https://pagesix.com/2020/11/24/cbs-panics-as-the-talk-sinks-in-ratings-against-chief-rival-the-view/

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 2
16 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The Talk', which only has Sharon Osbourne from it's original cast, is the lowest rated daytime program on the CBS schedule.

Dear CBS,

Get rid of Sharon and watch the ratings rise. Simple as that.

• Love 7
On 11/26/2020 at 9:00 AM, LetsStartTalking said:

WOW! Looks like 'The View' and all it's political talk this new season has completely beaten down it's rival 'The Talk', which is worrying CBS.  Season 24 of 'The View' has been averaging 3 Million viewers each day, while Season 11 of 'The Talk' has been pulling in only half of that at 1.5 million viewers.  'The Talk', which only has Sharon Osbourne from it's original cast, is the lowest rated daytime program on the CBS schedule.

https://pagesix.com/2020/11/24/cbs-panics-as-the-talk-sinks-in-ratings-against-chief-rival-the-view/

I would trade MM for SO in a heartbeat

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, falltime said:

What a surprise!!!  All this happened while The View's "political pundint" was off ... LOLOLOL!!!  I hope the PTB realize they don't need her.

On another note, Ana posted a picture of Al happily riding a beautiful horse after all he's been through.  Nice!!!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

What a surprise!!!  All this happened while The View's "political pundint" was off ... LOLOLOL!!!  I hope the PTB realize they don't need her.

And more people were off work/school in March-August and able to watch, but chose not to while MeAgain was on.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
On 11/28/2020 at 9:54 PM, deirdra said:

And more people were off work/school in March-August and able to watch, but chose not to while MeAgain was on.

November ratings during a Presidential election - especially like the one we just had - would have to be up, no matter who is on the panel compared to March - August. It's a matter of timing in this election year, not who's on camera.

• Love 1

As the first half of the new season comes to a close, there was another report saying 'Ellen' (which used to be #1 for many seasons) is down 37% in ratings this season. 37% ! Insiders say it's backlash from the negative press the show received this summer, while others say the audience is 'tired' of her and her show.

'Judge Judy' is in her 25th and final season - and she's down in ratings also (she was #1 in syndication, different from 'Ellen', 'The View' and 'The Talk').

In the meantime, 'The Talk', which has become the lowest-rated daytime talk show this season (and on the brink of cancellation) will return with two new hosts on January 4:  Amanda Kloots and Elaine Welteroth.  Kloots is a former Broadway dancer (she was in the news this summer when her Broadway actor husband died from COVID at the age of 41) and now the owner of AK Fitness.  The latter is a journalist. Producers are hoping the addition of these two - who will replace Marie Osmond and rapper Eve - will boost ratings.

• Love 2
On 12/11/2020 at 3:29 PM, falltime said:

I wonder how much of the fact that a majority of adults are working remotely from home this season, and have the TV on in the background like I do when working from home ? They also do the ratings a dis-service by using the antiquated method of breaking down viewership by female viewers - which dates back to the 50s and 60s when 'housewives' were the household members watching daytime TV. Not so anymore, and it hasn't been like this in the past 30 years. Many 'househusbands' watch daytime TV, and as I say above - many adults of both sexes working from home.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I wonder how much of the fact that a majority of adults are working remotely from home this season, and have the TV on in the background like I do when working from home ? They also do the ratings a dis-service by using the antiquated method of breaking down viewership by female viewers - which dates back to the 50s and 60s when 'housewives' were the household members watching daytime TV. Not so anymore, and it hasn't been like this in the past 30 years. Many 'househusbands' watch daytime TV, and as I say above - many adults of both sexes working from home.

Yep, I used to watch The View in the evenings. Now I can actually play it in the background during daytime. I think the increased ratings were due to a combo of election year and covid. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yep, I used to watch The View in the evenings. Now I can actually play it in the background during daytime. I think the increased ratings were due to a combo of election year and covid. 

Same with me. I used to DVR it every day (actually, I still do out of habit) and would watch it after I got home and had dinner in the evening. So I'd watch it around 7:30 at night. Now I have it on when it airs and do my work remotely with the show on in the background. If I have a Zoom meeting at that time, or for some reason out of the house at 11 am, I have it on DVR. I do think covid is a HUGE reason why the ratings are up.

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 12:30 PM, ifionlyknew said:

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but people would post each day's episode on YouTube shortly after it aired each day. But that stopped a couple months ago.  I'm assuming ABC put a stop to it 

I noticed it, too. I guess because ABC wants people to watch reruns via streaming platforms only?

• Useful 1

Anyway, I doubt the show's continued ratings spike post-election has to do with COVID-19, since the pandemic's been going on all year. They only hit #1 when Navarro was on more often. The show is much more entertaining when there isn't tension and personal attacks all the time.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I noticed it, too. I guess because ABC wants people to watch reruns via streaming platforms only?

Also ABC can edit episodes before they are put on streaming platforms.  I can't remember the specifics but I remember posters  here talking about something one of the co hosts (maybe Whoopi) said and when I watched it on Hulu later that day it had been edited out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They aren't the only one.  I did a recent search and they used to be on indemand or diff places you could get reruns.  No more. I couldn't find a rerun anywhere.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Anyway, I doubt the show's continued ratings spike post-election has to do with COVID-19, since the pandemic's been going on all year. They only hit #1 when Navarro was on more often. The show is much more entertaining when there isn't tension and personal attacks all the time.

Do you think it could be a combination? I think pandemic could still have an affect on overall ratings, especially during its peak and time of year when we're all inside more. Everyone was ticked off about Tom Bergeron being fired as host of DWTS, but ratings went up after his firing, just as I suspected they would. I actually like Tyra, but I definitely don't think ratings went up thanks to her, but in spite of her. That's not to say I disagree about having Ana on and Meghan off. I absolutely think Ana helps the show and Meghan hurts the show. I don't enjoy watching something that makes my blood pressure rise, and I'm sure many feel the same. Before all this, I also thought ratings were high due to the political climate and not thanks to Meghan when she was on, but I'm sure she'd like to think it was due to having someone who's been in politics all her life on the show. lol

• Useful 2