Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, KatieC said:

She is!  She has been an all star for awhile. Does anyone know how long she has been one and who has been an all star for the most years?

She has been one since she retired but I can't remember when she retired 🙂 wish she was still there!!

• Love 1
On 4/25/2019 at 12:42 PM, go4luca said:

If so, then someone is smoking crack.  To me it looks like an ill fitting bikini.

It's a very 'in' trend right now. I about fell out of my seat when my cousin's daughter had underboob showing in a prom dress. There was a mesh panel. When I said I was surprised---because she's normally fairly modest/classy---I was told it's the latest rage. I don't get it. 

On 4/25/2019 at 1:01 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Now this is a cool pic!  She looks really good here.

Ugh this picture is E V E R Y T H I N G

Her body looks insane! This should be in the calendar.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, BringItOn said:

This should be ON THE COVER. I was never a Heather fan till now.

Absolutely, this is cover worthy! But do they usually put pics in the calendar that they post on Instagram? Or do they keep all the actual calendar pics as a surprise? 

I’m going to be as salty as that water they’re posing in if this amazing picture doesn’t get the justice it deserves!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, bunny said:

Ugh this picture is E V E R Y T H I N G

Her body looks insane! This should be in the calendar.

Screams COVER to me!! She looks amazing!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

But the two can go hand in hand.  We never did learn the truth about Courtney's departure although there are many suspicions.  With the higher SM visibility now greater than ever, they can't afford the brand to be sullied by news stories and SM followers suspicions of rampant anorexia or drug use.  It's already suspected but why feed it with a blatant photo that should never have been posted?  Many girls have maintained their figures in a healthy manner while some have not. 

Everyone can & will believe what they want.  My opinion, especially based on the recent FB comments on Daphne's unfortunate photo, is that is not an image for the brand they want developed.  I highly doubt Charlotte wants the emaciated look for the cheerleaders perpetuated.  Especially with NFL cheerleaders more in the public eye thanks to news stories like Erica brought to light.

JMHO.

Who was responsible for posting that photo?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

But the two can go hand in hand.  We never did learn the truth about Courtney's departure although there are many suspicions.  With the higher SM visibility now greater than ever, they can't afford the brand to be sullied by news stories and SM followers suspicions of rampant anorexia or drug use.  It's already suspected but why feed it with a blatant photo that should never have been posted?  Many girls have maintained their figures in a healthy manner while some have not. 

Everyone can & will believe what they want.  My opinion, especially based on the recent FB comments on Daphne's unfortunate photo, is that is not an image for the brand they want developed.  I highly doubt Charlotte wants the emaciated look for the cheerleaders perpetuated.  Especially with NFL cheerleaders more in the public eye thanks to news stories like Erica brought to light.

JMHO.

Charlotte can use a sandwich, too. JMHO 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

The DCCs posted a dance video on twitter. It’s hard to tell from the angle if there is actually a point (i don’t think so, but can’t tell, and I’m watching on my phone so small screen). It looks like Heather(?) may be in the center of the formation. That doesn’t say who will be point next year, but it could be an indication.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Fans and viewers have been questioning the weight requirements since the start of the show, and Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte are not doing anything about it. Girls have become ill trying to fit into the uniform, and they refuse to change things aka girls of the same height have to weigh the same.

I don’t mind them having a very strict ideal. If they want really skinny cheerleaders because of the uniform, that’s fine. They can get girls like Amy and Christina who are naturally really thin. There are dancers with no curves out there. But don’t take a Kashara or Megan and force her to look like Amy. That’s what’s unreasonable.

6 hours ago, go4luca said:

I guess my thinking was a suspension if they were giving a girl a chance to put some weight on before releasing her since she isn't breaking a major rule like fraternizing with a Cowboys football player or arriving to an event late.

Considering that Tara was obviously going through something and they decided to just get rid of her as soon as she made some progress, I highly doubt they would show real support to any other girl either.

2 hours ago, BringItOn said:

I’ve always been a Heather fan, but I think she saw an opportunity to shine and just took it. Amy is kind of showcased by default as the most senior vet, but I love how much they are featuring my girl Heather now!

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

All of her pics have been so stiff. She's got that Photoshopped head on crooked look.

image.png.29e7bf2c4b479e69630be98cbfab89e0.png

I think it’s mostly due to the pose. I can’t hold myself up on one arm for long. The only thing I don’t like is her tan. Several girls run too deep on Tan this year. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kayce said:

Ok...totally off topic BUT those cute little consuelo style bags they were given...are 155.00 bags...EEK!  I was going to order one of the skull bags (like a couple of the girls have) and about choked when I saw the price.  😉

I was looking at them also but not at that price. They advertise all these products but most of us who follow the girls can’t afford them. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bunny said:

Absolutely, this is cover worthy! But do they usually put pics in the calendar that they post on Instagram? Or do they keep all the actual calendar pics as a surprise? 

I’m going to be as salty as that water they’re posing in if this amazing picture doesn’t get the justice it deserves!

The pic of Maggie that made the cover was shown quite a bit.  I think it was the first cover on the main calendar to feature the girl wearing a swimsuit as opposed to the uniform.  So, it's possible no one expected it to be on the cover.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Kayce said:

This is so concerning....She looked great last season but she looks almost ill now...even her color is off. 

This looks to be a girl at a very unhealthy weight. It’s a shame that the girls  feel they need to look like that. I’ve seen other girls photos on this shoot with their  ribs and pelvic bones sticking out and it’s not flattering. It was nice to see a photo of Brennan as she is thin but looks fantastic. That should be the look they are striving for. 

• Love 2

Unpopular opinion but I thought Daphne had the lollipop look with a tired face, last season too. I know people will disagree but she was on my radar as at risk. She does appear worse now.

Given the social media culture - there is bound to be backlash of one kind or another. At the very least they should have hired a better PR team. Several of these photos are not doing DCC any favors.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Unpopular opinion but I thought Daphne had the lollipop look with a tired face, last season too. I know people will disagree but she was on my radar as at risk. She does appear worse now.

Given the social media culture - there is bound to be backlash of one kind or another. At the very least they should have hired a better PR team. Several of these photos are not doing DCC any favors.

I thought so last season, too, but I was blinded by my VK triggered rage to take on that issue.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

IMG_2515.jpg

I suspect this is one of those setups that looks great in reality but doesn't translate through the camera. Obviously the beam of light directly on her nose is a miss, but the dramatic play of light and shadow across her face and body was probably beautiful to the naked eye.

6 hours ago, KatieC said:

She is!  She has been an all star for awhile. Does anyone know how long she has been one and who has been an all star for the most years?

Emma retired after the 2014-2015 season.

4 hours ago, BringItOn said:

4 hours ago, Kayce said:

Screams COVER to me!! She looks amazing!

It's a great shot, but it's unlikely that they'd put a full body landscape-oriented photo on the cover. They tend to prefer a 3/4 vertical shot. The composition of Heather's photo wouldn't be right for a square calendar cover. If they show her whole body, she wouldn't fill enough of the page. There would be too much empty space above and below her body.  They'd have to cut her off above the waist and that would lose the impact of the shot. See what I mean? Having said that, I could see the photo at top right (below) on the BACK cover, with the thumbnails of the other girls' months above it.

EDIT: Actually....I don't hate the bottom right as a possible cover. But I still say it would be a shame to lose the impact of the full shot.

Hcover.thumb.jpg.b4a40b12e951fc4f33ae6aa24b3200f4.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Tootie said:

Here are the ones that performed at the draft party....

dcc aall stars at draft.jpg

I am mildly impressed with the Cowboys for allowing Janelle to continue as an All-Star after coming out about being a lesbian. 

• Love 2

I was already very worried about Gina and now I am so sad to see these pics of Daphne.

Many of these women are beautiful, it's clear from seeing them on the show.  But so many of these photos are unflattering. They post better pictures they take of themselves on instagram... I can't believe these photographers' results.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

See, all the shots for fun look great cause they aren't "posing."  It's like Tasha told them last year, keep moving and one of those shots, they will catch it.

I agree all the pix they are all posting tonight that they have taken with their iphones look much better.  I love to see their natural smiles.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Is rookie Amber still on the team? I feel like i haven’t seen her in any pictures (though it’s possible that I’m just blanking).

I have seen pix of her I believe she was with Madeline. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

Miranda

20AC1265-1B5F-444D-9EA0-43A57121D8E3.jpeg

Came here to post that. It barely looks like her. I mean, I have a hard time telling Miranda from Tess from Alexis from Amber, but this doesn’t look like any of them. 

4 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Came here to post that. It barely looks like her. I mean, I have a hard time telling Miranda from Tess from Alexis from Amber, but this doesn’t look like any of them. 

MIranda's pics don't always look like her for some strange reason.  I can't find the one taken earlier in the week, but it doesn't look like her either.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, go4luca said:

Miranda isn’t the best IMHO.  But everyone has their tastes and opinions.  I also think there’s a difference in being snarky and an asshat but that’s just me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I do enjoy sharing opinions with you.  I'm not a big Miranda fan either. Although she has grown on me a bit. She seems like a ver kind person and looks younger and more fresh without all the make up. Her voice however is like nails on a chalk board. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, heckkitty said:

It barely looks like her.

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

MIranda's pics don't always look like her for some strange reason.

She looks different in every picture she takes, and no, not one of them look like her.  Strange indeed!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

These feet really bother me. Perhaps it's just a preference, but I hate seeing the bottom of people's feet lol

The feet bother me because it looks like her big toe is missing!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1