Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Vanessa J. was called into the office once, but her scene was not shown.

Was it here or on the old TWOP forums someone knew Vanessa's mom and said some stuff about the DCC?  I got the feeling that she wasn't happy being a DCC and that's why she didn't come back for a 2nd year.

15 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Was it here or on the old TWOP forums someone knew Vanessa's mom and said some stuff about the DCC?  I got the feeling that she wasn't happy being a DCC and that's why she didn't come back for a 2nd year.

I think she left to finish college, but I am not sure.

10 minutes ago, CD123 said:

I very rarely comment by just saw this on the DCC insta stories. The photo shop on Tess is out of control. 

19A4F2C1-D0D3-4C79-A968-942736D6D43D.jpeg

Not trying to be difficult at all but I'm trying to see what you're seeing.  Can you enlighten me?  Tess is pretty thin if that's it (see other photo of her above).

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, go4luca said:

This was from Erin's live so not sure if she means her final shoot day or the group.  I thought they were to be in Mexico for 10 days.  🤷‍♀️

erin__margaret_27_4_2019_18_21_59_29.jpg

Love Tess but they need to make a visit to the airport Subway. I'll pay for the sandwiches.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

It makes me incredibly sad.

If she were my daughter, I would have her home and in rehab for anorexia. I can't believe they are still publishing her pics. It's all so disgusting.

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2019 at 12:13 AM, Tootie said:

There are seven: Lacey, KaShara, Tasha, Khalyn, Jessika, Kelli and Yuko.

Then it seems group leaders will be Amy L, Maddie, Tess, and maybe Gina? I mean who else will they have lead a group. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

Then it seems group leaders will be Amy L, Maddie, Tess, and maybe Gina? I mean who else will they have lead a group. 

Heather could end up being one 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

The original was too dark for me.  Couldn't resist a quick play in PS.  Maybe she was going for a pensive look.  Regardless, I think she is beautiful.  There's something unusual or unexpected about her beauty.  It isn't cookie cutter.  Whatever it is, I really like that it's different.

hannah pensive 2.jpg

And she looks amazing with her hair pushed back!

7 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Look how much more beautiful Heather looks smiling in this pix than in all the rest of the pix taken of her that they have posted this week.

I appreciate the effort of shooting in different locations. I like these photos more than the ones on the beach.

5 hours ago, go4luca said:

This was from Erin's live so not sure if she means her final shoot day or the group.  I thought they were to be in Mexico for 10 days.  🤷‍♀️

erin__margaret_27_4_2019_18_21_59_29.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks Tess looks scaringly thin as well? She always had a rocking body but it looks like her head is too big for her body now.

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Heather could end up being one 

They better not promote Gina to a GL before Heather. At least she has 2GL experience and apparently killed it last season.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ashlee looks stunning here. They’ve actually picked the right bikini for her! Seems a shame that the girls of colour have got very little promo when they look this good! 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, go4luca said:

heathertherese94_27_4_2019_8_45_22_189 copy.jpg

Two of my favorites! Yay! I would not mind seeing Heather as point this season!

12 hours ago, Stee said:

There are currently no pictures of Bri, Ashlee or Gabby on the Instagram page, and we're on Day 6 of Bikini shoot - and I happen to think they are some of the prettiest girls of the rookie class.  

Yes! And this irks me to no end because Gabby is one of my favorite rookies and also SUPER photogenic (at least in my opinion). To be honest, I don't understand why she isn't being featured as much! Oh well, I guess.... :(.

• Love 7

I can't imagine being in my 20's and having to deal with this much pressure-pressure to be the stand-out, whether it's the best dancer or the best calendar girl. I probably would have fallen prey to the pressure to be perfect. Now, in my late forties, I want to go up to Lexie, Bridget, Caroline, etc. and say-You are beautiful and healthy, I would have killed for your confidence at your age, please keep taking care of yourself. When I see Daphne especially, I want to tell her that she is beautiful too, but she needs help. Quickly. If I were her mother, like mentioned upthread, I would be on the next flight to Dallas.

• Love 10

I noticed there are many more photos of 3 girls than in the past which I think gives K & J many more options for the front & back covers.

bigskygirl- I agree on past standouts like Nicole, Whitney etc. I think what made them beautiful was we felt we knew who they were, their personalities, which enhanced their natural beauty. Miss the magic of those days!

• Love 4

Ashlee looking good. Heather is such a beauty especially when smiling. Bridget's personality jumps out of the pictures. 

If I was the head of the DCC, I would be having immediate conversations with the ladies about health and nutrition and benching some until they got back to a healthy weight. Seeing all those bones is not healthy and definitely not sexy.  As a mom of two teenage girls and one a double sport athlete, I keep promoting a strong healthy body that is powerful. 

This swimsuit shoot kind of makes me sad. If they are this thin in pics, I cannot imagine what they look like in person 😞

• Love 6

I think that they need different photographers on these shoots. The iphone photo of Hannah and Heather together is wonderful. They are not showcasing Hannah's beauty. She reminds of  Gisele Bundchen with the half/ high ponytail look and atypical beauty. She could look so much better in the calendar shots. What an injustice. JMO.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ElenaFR said:

Ashlee looking good. Heather is such a beauty especially when smiling. Bridget's personality jumps out of the pictures. 

If I was the head of the DCC, I would be having immediate conversations with the ladies about health and nutrition and benching some until they got back to a healthy weight. Seeing all those bones is not healthy and definitely not sexy.  As a mom of two teenage girls and one a double sport athlete, I keep promoting a strong healthy body that is powerful. 

This swimsuit shoot kind of makes me sad. If they are this thin in pics, I cannot imagine what they look like in person 😞

They had a nutritionist come to talk to the girls in Season 7 about healthy eating.

Kelli and Judy would bench a girl for gaining weight, but I do not have a clue if they bench a girl for being underweight. I do not think they got the message about what the girls would do to lose weight after what happen with Courtney Cook and Kaitlyn. I think they are more worried about their precious DCC Brand taking a direct hit instead of finding the healthy right way for the girls to maintain a healthy weight. I would not be surprise if Kelli still believes girls who are the same height should weigh the same, and I bet they still put the girls' weight in the locker room to embarrass the girls who they think should lose weight. This is not a message for an organization which pushes we are role models for young girls.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

They had a nutritionist come to talk to the girls in Season 7 about healthy eating.

Kelli and Judy would bench a girl for gaining weight, but I do not have a clue if they bench a girl for being underweight. I do not think they got the message about what the girls would do to lose weight after what happen with Courtney Cook and Kaitlyn. I think they are more worried about their precious DCC Brand taking a direct hit instead of finding the healthy right way for the girls to maintain a healthy weight. I would not be surprise if Kelli still believes girls who are the same height should weigh the same, and I bet they still put the girls' weight in the locker room to embarrass the girls who they think should lose weight. This is not a message for an organization which pushes we are role models for young girls.

It's been proven EVERY season (or nearly so) that Kelli still thinks that girls of the same height should weigh the same.  Doesn't she say it at least once a season, usually around uniform fittings?  If she didn't say it last season, it was because she would then either have to ask Victoria to lose weight MUCH earlier in the season then she did or ask the other girls of Victoria's height to GAIN weight.  That was a situation she didn't want to find herself in and didn't like it much when she did, but STILL didn't confront the issue until she HAD to.

• Love 2

That pix of Alexis does not do her justice, she is a beautiful girl.  Am I the only person that does not think these pix are good?  Who is selecting the pix that they post?  Most of the pix do not show the girls true personality.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

That pix of Alexis does not do her justice, she is a beautiful girl.  Am I the only person that does not think these pix are good?  Who is selecting the pix that they post?  Most of the pix do not show the girls true personality.

I wish they would come up with another way to pose the girls.  The squatting on the knees laying in the sand, et al, are all tired and so late 80's.  As many here have noted, the girls (and swimsuits), look much better in the candid snaps.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

It's been proven EVERY season (or nearly so) that Kelli still thinks that girls of the same height should weigh the same.  Doesn't she say it at least once a season, usually around uniform fittings?  If she didn't say it last season, it was because she would then either have to ask Victoria to lose weight MUCH earlier in the season then she did or ask the other girls of Victoria's height to GAIN weight.  That was a situation she didn't want to find herself in and didn't like it much when she did, but STILL didn't confront the issue until she HAD to.

Kelli is holding onto her 80s and 90s frame of mind, when eating disorders among young women were ignored and/or accepted. She needs to change with the times.

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

Maybe they are listing to this forum.  First pix with all smiles and their hair looks really good in this pix.

Christina’s teeth remind me of the episode of Friends when Ross bleached his teeth too much and they glowed. I just can’t with her. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

May I add, ANOTHER situation ... Kelli's to busy writing letters to museums. She doesn't have the time to manage 36 other human beings.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

They put the black girl in leopard? 

Come on Cowboys, even y'all ain't that stupid. 

My thoughts exactly.  The Sheena of the Jungle look for the woman of color. 🙄

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

once again, DCC is truly bottom of the barrel at anything that involves women of color. it’s actually impressive how un-creative they are when you think about the resources they have.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Ummm ... Daphne. Yes they (Cowboys) are that dumb.

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I've been trying to stay quiet on this but Christina's augmentation is too large and look fake.  I hope they do settle down as some here have mentioned.  Never having had augmentation, I'm not sure how this works.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Much better suit for Ashlee.  She has a very cute smile.

ashlee pink.jpg

I think the picture would look good in the daily calendar or the smaller twelve month calendar.

Edited by bigskygirl
15 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I've been trying to stay quiet on this but Christina's augmentation is too large and look fake.  I hope they do settle down as some here have mentioned.  Never having had augmentation, I'm not sure how this works.

She's bursting out of that top.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

If she is telling the other girls who are close to Victoria's height to gain weight so Victoria could make the team then she is more stupid than a bag full of stupid. It just irks me that she thinks Victoria deserves to be on the team so darn much when other girls who bust their behinds end up being cut for weight or not looking good in the uniform when in reality they look darn good in the uniform aka girls like Grace and Katie. Both of them are a lot more attractive and would have made much better DCCs than Victoria ever would have.

Edited by bigskygirl

I don't care for most of the photos. The best one for me is Heather on the pylons is most definitely the best and should be the cover.

First, these photos on face book have to be "edited" and remove any ribs that are jutting out and shadows that look weird on the body etc.  Once they are edited they may look better.

Second, I want to see the girl AND the swimsuit.  Meaning no side/butt shots.

Third, since the DCC go  through the time and expense of these photo shoots, they should hire a professional that can select the suits most appropriate/flattering for a girls figure and skin tone. 

Fourth, they should do more "natural" and less "posed' shots.  Have them on a boat, pretending to play volleyball,  beach ball, sitting on a lounger or towel sunbathing.  They could even have them standing on a wake/surf/paddle board, granted they don't have to actually BE working it, the photo just needs to "appear" to be surfing.

These girls are not models, they are cheerleaders for heavens sake. They can still look beautiful and sexy without the attempt of trying to be something they are not aka models.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I don't care for most of the photos. The best one for me is Heather on the pylons is most definitely the best and should be the cover.

First, these photos on face book have to be "edited" and remove any ribs that are jutting out and shadows that look weird on the body etc.  Once they are edited they may look better.

Second, I want to see the girl AND the swimsuit.  Meaning no side/butt shots.

Third, since the DCC go  through the time and expense of these photo shoots, they should hire a professional that can select the suits most appropriate/flattering for a girls figure and skin tone. 

Fourth, they should do more "natural" and less "posed' shots.  Have them on a boat, pretending to play volleyball,  beach ball, sitting on a lounger or towel sunbathing.  They could even have them standing on a wake/surf/paddle board, granted they don't have to actually BE working it, the photo just needs to "appear" to be surfing.

These girls are not models, they are cheerleaders for heavens sake. They can still look beautiful and sexy without the attempt of trying to be something they are not aka models.

Not enough likes on the planet for you @LynneH

18 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Man those bottoms on Daphne, talk about low. 

FB_IMG_1556485456817.jpg

Cicana's stomach again is not looking good.  I heard she likes to drink and that always makes it hard to get rid of the tummy.  I am surprised she didn't get rid of it before calendar.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

They put the black girl in leopard? 

Come on Cowboys, even y'all ain't that stupid. 

As stereotypical as it is, I think Ashlee really likes animal prints. She wears them a lot in her Insta stories but I can understand where you’re coming from! 

She always refers to herself as a Cheetah girl, I assume in reference to the film! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7