Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:
I can't find the one taken earlier in the week, but it doesn't look like her either.

Nor does this one from last year's Bimini shoot look like Miranda (to me).

mirandatims_Bimini 2018.jpg

• Love 2

Another with this gorgeous background.  Bridget, Rachel W. and Alanna.  Everyone looks great in this photo. 

Agree with whoever upthread said the candids are often better than the pro shots they are sharing. 

D5KZDoGWwAEFDZw.jpeg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Another with this gorgeous background.  Bridget, Rachel W. and Alanna.  Everyone looks great in this photo. 

Agree with whoever upthread said the candids are often better than the pro shots they are sharing.  But I'm sure they are saving the better pro shots for the calendar reveal.

D5KZDoGWwAEFDZw.jpeg

Yup, because they are not worried about being “sexy”. They should just put these candids on the calendars. 

Rachel is ridiculously photogenic. I really hope they don’t over represent her in the calendars, but she’ll probably be highlighted a ton. I prefer Caroline; she’s also photogenic & I hope she gets some calendar love. 

• Love 3
Just now, heckkitty said:

Yup, because they are not worried about being “sexy”. They should just put these candids on the calendars. 

I prefer Caroline; she’s also photogenic & I hope she gets some calendar love. 

Agree on all the above.  They do so much better when relaxed and it shows.

I do hope Caroline makes the calendar. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

Yay! A picture of Briana and Tess!!!

Gina definitely got her nose done. Not judging, just confirming. Pretty smile for her. 

Briana has a hip tattoo 

9 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Rachel is ridiculously photogenic. I really hope they don’t over represent her in the calendars, but she’ll probably be highlighted a ton. I prefer Caroline; she’s also photogenic & I hope she gets some calendar love. 

I agree that RW is photogenic but IMO she always has that same wooden pageant expression in all her pics. Can she do sultry? 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

Oh god. Her chest plate, or whatever those bones are called.

Honestly, I thought she looked rough last year too. Like someone who has been rode hard and put up wet

Edited by Jennv
Sp
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Honestly, I thought she looked rough last year too. Like someone who has been rode hard and put up wet

I mean this as a compliment, you are hilarious. You're like the Chelsea Handler of this forum.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, go4luca said:

First one is a video grab so not that clear.

Question:  In the past have we seen the rookies featured this much?  Just curious.

rookies.jpg

vets n rookie.jpg

The question to ask is that have they ever had this many talented, fit, and gorgeous rookies before? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, go4luca said:

First one is a video grab so not that clear.

Question:  In the past have we seen the rookies featured this much?  Just curious.

rookies.jpg

vets n rookie.jpg

This photo goes to show you don’t need to be boney skinny to look great. These 3 look great and healthy 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BringItOn said:

The question to ask is that have they ever had this many talented, fit, and gorgeous rookies before? 

Seasons one to five had many talented, fit, and gorgeous rookies along with the two hour special which lead to the show.

the videos the girls shoot themselves are the WORST "hey people we are doing something boring PRODUCT PLACEMENT awkward pause WOOOOOO", I need them to stop!

Think this years calendar shoot looking the strongest for a while - this is the best returning vet class in a few years IMO

28 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Think this years calendar shoot looking the strongest for a while - this is the best returning vet class in a few years IMO

Totally agree.  But also, the DCC Instagram is also making this look like the whitest group of returning vets in a long time. I miss the days of Jacie, Mia and Whitney but even last year, Khalyn and Yuko were heavily featured ... this year, the girls of color are largely invisible.

There are currently no pictures of Bri, Ashlee or Gabby on the Instagram page, and we're on Day 6 of Bikini shoot - and I happen to think they are some of the prettiest girls of the rookie class. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Agree with whoever upthread said the candids are often better than the pro shots they are sharing. 

D5KZDoGWwAEFDZw.jpeg

Taylor and Alanna really impressed me, I thought they both looked great in the photos I have seen. Bridget of course has an amazing body and a cute smile. Rachel is photogenic but I find her a bit “cold” in pics, like she doesn’t really show her personality. And she is orange. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Stee said:

Totally agree.  But also, the DCC Instagram is also making this look like the whitest group of returning vets in a long time. I miss the days of Jacie, Mia and Whitney but even last year, Khalyn and Yuko were heavily featured ... this year, the girls of color are largely invisible.

No pictures of Bri, Ashlee or Gabby who happen to be some of the prettiest girls of the rookie class. 

I really wish the squad was more diverse overall! 

• Love 13

The rookie class is okay, but none of them come close to Nicole Hamilton, Whitney, Emma, Mia, Jackie Bob, Trisha, Crystal, Sunni, Lauren from Season 5, Sasha, Mackenzie from Season 6, Holly from Season 6, Jacie, Kinzie or Samantha.

I miss the girls from the earlier squads and think the squad has lost the magic touch since Season 7. Now when I look at the squad all I can think is blah!!!

This rookie class is definitely one of the best we've seen in recent years for technique and how well they're doing in the calendar shoot.  But I agree with the above posts stating the lack of diversity both within the squad and with what's being presented online from this year's calendar shoot.  Would love to see this changed in the near future.

• Love 11

I wonder if it has to do with all the blasted drama from the last few years, and the fact the show has been on for so long. The show has lost its charm from earlier seasons. Last year's TC seem to last forever.

Edited by bigskygirl

The girls look have way decent, but the poses look bad. It looks like they do the same type of poses every single year. Can't they do something different. So wonder Kelli was saying a about three or four years ago the sideline calendars were outselling the swimsuit calendars.

Ciana looks amazing! She needs to be included in the calendar for sure!

I have to say, Maddie looks even more like a kid this year instead of a mature GL. The rookies all look older and sexier than her. The suit they put her in didn’t help either.

• Love 4

I want to know who is posting these pix on insta?  She should be fired.  This is terrible, makes her look so sad.  Please let the girls smile.  Hannah is do much prettier than this pix.

Edited by 5678Pixie
16 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I want to know who is posting these pix on insta?  She should be fired.  This is terrible, makes her look so sad.  Please let the girls smile.  Hannah is do much prettier than this pix.

Totally agree. I love Hannah, but “about to burst into tears” is not a good calendar look. 

• Love 2

The original was too dark for me.  Couldn't resist a quick play in PS.  Maybe she was going for a pensive look.  Regardless, I think she is beautiful.  There's something unusual or unexpected about her beauty.  It isn't cookie cutter.  Whatever it is, I really like that it's different.

hannah pensive 2.jpg

• Love 8
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The rookie class is okay, but none of them come close to Nicole Hamilton, Whitney, Emma, Mia, Jackie Bob, Trisha, Crystal, Sunni, Lauren from Season 5, Sasha, Mackenzie from Season 6, Holly from Season 6, Jacie, Kinzie or Samantha.

I miss the girls from the earlier squads and think the squad has lost the magic touch since Season 7. Now when I look at the squad all I can think is blah!!!

The squad of 2011 (season 6) was legendary!

8 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

The squad of 2011 (season 6) was legendary!

Season 6 did have some good vets along with a lot of good rookies after the mass exit of veterans after Season 5. I was sad to see Olivia S. get the axe for standing up to Cassie. I would have like to see her on the squad for a few more years.

I think Heather is one of the few who looks great regardless of her expression. 

1 hour ago, BringItOn said:

Her body looks amazing, though. 

It does. She’s gorgeous, I wish they just wouldn’t post terrible pics of her all the time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

eason 6 did have some good vets along with a lot of good rookies after the mass exit of veterans after Season 5. I was sad to see Olivia S. get the axe for standing up to Cassie. I would have like to see her on the squad for a few more years.

I liked the rookie classes from seasons 1-5 because I feel like we got to know rookies well. They didn't just focus on one struggling rookie (Morgan, Karissa). The only 2 we didn't get to know was Vanessa J and Carey D (season 4) because I think they might not have wanted to be featured.

• Love 2

My issue with the lack of diversity on this team is that they have very low diversity AND still don’t use what they have. if you look at the photos that have been posted from calendar, there are 2/3 (if you include Miranda) MAX that aren’t white women. i read this board often and it’s the end of the season and people still can’t tell Alanna, Caroline, Miranda, Amber, molly apart. I look at that as an indictment on the organization.

• Love 4