Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/29/2018

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:
1 hour ago, pachebo said:

As for guests being pre-seated or entering , I am guessing that non celebrities are automatically pre-seated and "star quality" celebs are given a choice. Most of those have large enough egos that they want the applause and fawning from the co-hosts.

I think its more of time issue.  The star quality celeb will still get the accolades from the crowd when the walk out off air.  I like when they're pre-seated, gets things moving along quicker :)  

And some NEVER appear on TV walking out on stage because they're older and we would be shocked at their frailties.   They're seated during breaks and then they're "on" when the cameras are on.     (Boy, this forum is on a roll today...keep 'em comin').

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

It will be interesting to see if Joy shows up tomorrow or if she takes a sick day.  

NOooooooooooooooooooooooo!    Stay, Joy, stay!   We're all with you, supporting you, NEEDING you!    Posters:  you're on Page 3.  Check out Page 1...it is SO PINK!!!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I’m so glad Joy finally told the brat exactly where she can stick it. Talk about a long time coming. How many chances has McCain been given to stop being a disrespectful asshole to, well, everyone really? I thought for sure Whoopi would step in to protect the princess, but thankfully she stayed out of it.

I think we should all write to Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney, supporting Joy--bypass everyone at The View and ABC.   

Walt Disney Headquarters, Mr Robert Iger CEO 

Email   robert.a.iger@disney.com

Switchboard   818-560-1000

Postal Address   500 S Buena Vista St ~Burbank CA 91521

• Love 24

The Great and Wise Whoopi is always educating us.   I'm sure her lesson on Holocaust Deniers vs WWII veteran is is mostly correct, but I found just one example (and didn't look further) where she's not:

ARLINGTON, Va. — The family and friends of Willis Carto, one of the United States’ most prominent Nazi sympathizers, laid him to rest in Arlington National Cemetery on Wednesday.

Carto, who died at age 89 in October 2015, was wounded as an Army soldier in the Philippines during World War II, earning him a Purple Heart medal.  Purple Heart recipients are among those veterans and family members of veterans who may be interred at Arlington’s military burial site — as long as they were subsequently honorably discharged, and not convicted of a state or federal crime. The Huffington Post reported on a request to bury Carto in Arlington in November. Jennifer Lynch, a spokeswoman for the cemetery, said at the time that a person’s political views did not have any bearing on their eligibility for burial.

The military funeral Carto received on Wednesday arguably tests the limits of those standards in light of his career as an anti-Semitic hatemonger, Holocaust denier and white supremacist thought leader. After World War II, Carto even renounced the cause for which he’d fought.  “Hitler’s defeat was the defeat of Europe. And of America,” Carto wrote in a letter published in 1966.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

I'm from and in Meghan's home state...that "middle of the country" Arizona.  Most people I know own guns.  Most don't brag about them.  I'm the eldest of 24 cousins and NOT ONE has an AR-15 (assault rifle).   Someone should ask Meg how many assault rifles she owns.   I bet she won't provide an answer.   ETA:  She wishes she'd known they were going to discuss guns; she can discuss guns!; she thought they were discussing tolerance (or something like that).

The only reason Meghan wishes she knew they were going to discuss guns and not tolerance is because her blue cards essentially became useless at that point, and apparently, Meghan cannot speak without having comments and notes on a topic written down somewhere, so she can recite them.  The topic veering away from tolerance totally flustered her, because she apparently didn't know how to respond without having prepared notes.

Just once, I'd like to see her have a normal, off the cuff, intelligent, calm discussion with someone.  I mean, is she that person in her friends' group (there always is one) who is constantly googling info while out to dinner, etc., instead of just having face-to-face, normal discussions and conversation?  

• Love 23
24 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Just once, I'd like to see her have a normal, off the cuff, intelligent, calm discussion with someone.  I mean, is she that person in her friends' group (there always is one) who is constantly googling info while out to dinner, etc., instead of just having face-to-face, normal discussions and conversation?  

You nailed it.

• Love 9

I wish she would mention that she had speech therapy as a kid. 

It didn't help.  But, maybe she gets overexcited & lapses.

I'm the eldest of 24 cousins and NOT ONE has an AR-15 (assault rifle).   

How do you get rid of vermin, then?    (I think somebody already said something similar, but I couldn't resist)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Joy is so over coddling poor little Meghan. 

Meghan came out ready to argue about her damn guns. 

I have to say (tm MM) Abby does a good job moving the discussion away before Joy and Meghan come to blows.  She's a better moderator than Whoopi. 

She had a producer in her ear to interrupt the thunder.  She changed the direction smoothly, I’ll give her that. 

Meghan, Jesus, no one wants to take your fucking guns away you vociferous twat.  

Bravo Joy!!!  And to think I almost didn’t watch today!  

Joy is on the verge of saying, it is Meghan or me, your choice it cannot be both of us.  

35 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Why do I get the feeling that today was the first time in little Meggie's life that anyone has stood up to her, called her out on her shit, and basically told her to shut the f*ck up.  It was a thing of sheer beauty to behold.  I have always loved Joy, but now I worship her. 

Me too.  I am putting her image on top of my Xmas tree this year.  

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Eileen Dover said:

She's really terrible at this job, and so unpleasant to boot! At least Abby comes out smiling and seems to be bonding and friendly with the other ladies, like every other co-host in View history. Meghan acts like she's been abducted and forced to be on this show.

I turned off the TV about 5 minutes in.  "She", immediately went into bitch mode right out of the gate.  It's like she comes to work to fight and be an a-hole.  I've tried with her but she is insufferable to the 10th power.  She is the "only" conservative host that I have not liked personality wise.  She is the absolute WORST!  

I had no idea that all that went on with Joy because I turned the TV off so quickly.  Man or man how I wish she would leave this show and never come back.   

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

“In my family we all get drunk and get tattoos!”

???

This is her way of telling everyone what a cool, badass she is.  She doesn’t have a drinking problem!   She has a problem with being desperate for respect as an important political pundit and rebel.  Or should I say maverick.  :>

• Love 19

I think Meghan mentions her heavy drinking so often because she thinks it's cool.  Today she mentioned being drunk with her siblings and getting tattoos.  I interpreted that to mean she thought it made her sound free, young, and, cool, while her siblings were drunk because it's the only way they can stand to be with her.

Whoops, Wings beat me to it.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Wings said:

Meghan, Jesus, no one wants to take your fucking guns away you vociferous twat.  

Wait!  Does she have AR-15s "sporting rifles"?   AR-47s?

1 hour ago, Tanichka said:

How do you get rid of vermin, then?    (I think somebody already said something similar, but I couldn't resist)

We try, try, try to vote them out of office.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Wait!  Does she have AR-15s "sporting rifles"?   AR-47s?

Maybe she does!   I just assumed she didn’t.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

With her arms crossed high over her boobs, irritated pout and bad dye job

I didn't have plans for a Halloween costume, but if I get a cheap/l-o-o-o-n-g platinum wig, I can pull off everything. You've given me a great idea. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

That blouse....

Are those illustrations from the Kama Sutra?

Why...more often recently...is Whoopi almost falling/running out on her way to the stage?  Did she just get dropped off in front of the building?  Anyone notice it?

The others are walking and waving as if they knew they were at work and had to be there on time.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 10

I had to skip Whoopi's talking points. Good Lord, I feel like I was wasting away waiting for her to get out her point in a manner that even resembles coherence.

Sunny provided an entire list of mass shootings with AR-15s and Meghan mentions ONE example of a gun that saved lives rather than killed lives. I feel some kind of way when people calling for stricter gun laws (which heavily argues in favour more thorough background checks and making gun owners more accountable of where there guns are and who and how it's used) and you at the table get offended and bring up being a law abiding gun owner. Then what are you worried about? Are you low key fucking crazy that you don't think you'd pass a more thorough background check? Do you think you it's unfair that you should be held accountable when you can't keep track of your dangerous weapon? 

Good for you Joy. Meghan is the last person who should call out anyone for not staying on topic. Don't lecture others what you don't practice yourself...at least knows she's not talking on subject. Meghan actually thinks her whatabout references are relevant to the topic being discussed. Ive seen animals with better training this woman. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Somebody on twitter posted clips of Abby and Sunny’s facial expressions while the Joy/Meghan thing was happening... ???

They both look pained, uncomfortable, and yet not surprised. I feel for them! Definitely makes me think something went down backstage before they went on.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

“In my family we all get drunk and get tattoos!”

I wonder if her family really all drink like her.  She may be exaggerating and I'll bet even if she isn't, some members of her family may not like it being broadcast on national television that they get drunk.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Meh-Gun's body language here reminds me of someone...can't quite figure out who.?

rps20181029_141837.jpg

Who told her that dress was a good idea?  (I wonder if Joy is her stylist?)

Edited by Tanichka
  • Love 9

Did you see Meghan's chest heaving in disgust?

Also Whoopi's face to the camera after her correction to Sunny about "actor" not "character?" That's why I took Whoopi's remark not as a compliment about Daniel's abilities but rather an admonition to Sunny.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 12

Full discretion:  I take shots of Meghan's hair and outfits and post them on FB making fun of them and I get a ton of likes.

Judgmental:  I'm about the same age as Meghan.  I think in your 30's, you should have new hobbies instead of drinking.  What makes me think she has a problem is she is sooo defensive about it and brags about it like a frat boy.  We aren't impressed.  I just watched a Nova about addiction, and how over weight people have less dopamine receptors so maybe that's why she over eats or doesn't care about health, I don't know, but what I do know is personally I'm a lot happier drinking less and working out and eating healthier than I did in my 20's.  I hated her trying to get the table to define machine guns: the common, normal person considers an AR-15 a machine gun because of movies and that's just what we know.  No one is coming after her for hunting or hand guns.

I don't know if anything happened backstage.  I'd like to think Meghan knows her side is responsible for these murders, so she was defensive, but that's giving her too much credit.

• Love 15
36 minutes ago, Morbs said:

I hated her trying to get the table to define machine guns: the common, normal person considers an AR-15 a machine gun because of movies and that's just what we know.

That’s a common rebuttal among the poor demonized NRA members. They try to catch people in a web of semantics. No one at the table called it an assault rifle until Megan did. I’m glad no one took her bait. 

• Love 14

Today I just clicked it off.  She started her crap and I said -  I don’t need this ugly woman on my tv -Decided to watch a shopping channel for a bit then some  music.   So over it.  

• Love 11

Something I don't understand - when Whoopi complains about someone off camera telling her to wrap up and go to commercial and she says I'm going to continue (with my mindless drivel), why don't they just cut her off and cut to commercial? She's not the one calling the shots, right?

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

OMG that was an epic moment between Joy and Meghan.

"I can talk about what I damn well please!"

YASSSSS JOY!

Meghan is in a piss-poor mood this morning, more so than usual. 

She was pissed that she didn't have talking points prepared for herself to discuss AR-15s though you would think someone with her job and a lick of sense would consider the possibility that the subject would come up considering the vast amount of mass shootings that have happened in the past couple of years and the fact that AR-15s seem to be the weapon of choice. Joy's comment about the rallies should have been said in the first segment considering that both the bomb incidents and mass shooting were seemingly inspired by rhetoric that is happening at these rallies. I don't care whether you think the media reports false or misleading news, when you deem anyone an enemy, you are inciting violence. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, General Days said:

It's embedded in a post in this thread (previous page), but has switched from free to pay. 

It's up on Hulu.

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

The level of professionalism between Joy and Nutmeg was glaring today, too.  After their little tiff, Joy went on smiling and participating during the rest of the show.  Meanwhile, Mount Rushmore Meg sat with her arms crossed, silent, and, glaring, all while trying to decide the most opportune moment to scream, "MY FATHER DIED!!!"

Well that was something.  A neighbor knocked on my door and I opened it, motioned for her to come in and yelled, "Shots fired!"

• Love 6