Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/15/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

There should be a drinking game for every time Meghan says “middle of America”. Gag.

You mean Arizona?

10 minutes ago, OnTime said:

"I have a husband that knows Congresspeople".

Meghan's father was a Senator and has been in politics her whole life.  Shouldn't she know "Congresspeople" independent of her husband?  I haven't watched the show so I'm going to need some context for  her remark.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

MM is really out of her league on this Sen Klobuchar interview. Intelligence and class vs rote talking points.

And she got an attitude when Sen. Klobuchar corrected her about Democrats "playing their hand wrong" or whatever she said.

The Senator is right - Democrats made the right call. When accusations come forward, they need to be addressed.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan's father was a Senator and has been in politics her whole life.  Shouldn't she know "Congresspeople" independent of her husband?  I haven't watched the show so I'm going to need some context for  her remark.

They were talking about free speech vs. hate speech on social media and Meghan mentioned that a pic of her over her dad's casket with a gun pointed to her head went viral. She then went on to say that her husband got pissed and started contacting "Congress people" to do something about it.

I also want to add that Meghan saying Ted Cruz will for sure win in TX is a bit premature. Just like she prematurely congratulated Sen. Klobuchar on winning and the Senator corrected her yet again, saying she hasn't won yet and that everyone still needs to get out and vote.

2 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Please, The View, can you please stop telling us every 90 seconds that Meggy's father died? We get it. (And this comment is in DIRECT response to Sen Klobuchar's 3 mentions of the fact).

Every segment today with the exception of the current one included multiple mentions of her dad. 

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

How many more times is she gonna somehow find a way to make every segment about her and her dad?

I feel like the gambling community could have a field day with this question. It's like the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding who could trace every word back to Greek. 

Meghan was so close to something resembling empathy when, after mentioning her husband's connections and her father's status, she said "imaging if you were in Ohio and didn't have that." Yet, it didn't land anywhere because she talked about her personal outrage some more. 

• Love 12

Meghan needs to go on a sabbatical.  It’s been 2 months.  Time to get your act together.  That may sound insensitive but it’s reality.  Sunny didn’t even bother to comfort her when she started crying.  Sunny comforts everyone.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I also want to add that Meghan saying Ted Cruz will for sure win in TX is a bit premature. Just like she prematurely congratulated Sen. Klobuchar on winning and the Senator corrected her yet again, saying she hasn't won yet and that everyone still needs to get out and vote.

Meghan has such a rigid narrow minded view.  Red states stay red. Blue states stay blue.  That is what she thinks.  

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I feel like the gambling community could have a field day with this question. It's like the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding who could trace every word back to Greek. 

Meghan was so close to something resembling empathy when, after mentioning her husband's connections and her father's status, she said "imaging if you were in Ohio and didn't have that." Yet, it didn't land anywhere because she talked about her personal outrage some more. 

I'm glad you pointed this out. I feel like she perhaps realized she was going on and on about herself for too long and quickly added that last part about "imagine if you're someone in Ohio and don't know any Congress people!" line to show that she empathizes with common folk.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Do I need my hearing checked? I could have sworn I heard Abby tell a story about a man in China who was "basically beaten to death" and immediately followed it up with 'he's now blind'...uh..which one is it? lol. 

Thank you!  I heard and wondered the same thing. 

• Love 8
On 10/16/2018 at 10:59 PM, RHJunkie said:

I know some people don't like Abby or still deciding on her but I like her. She's not as bubbly as Sara but I think she's got a personable demeanour and I like the way she interacts with the other ladies. She's someone whose company I think I could enjoy, mainly because I think she's quite diverse in her interests and doesn't seem rude or mean spirited. 

Also, kudos to whoever decided to keep Joy on during the Charlotte Pence segment...'my dad was a truck driver', LOL. 

This is how I felt about Abby until the other day. I don't know if she can win me back though. I feel like she's not that bright. Her "dream" about a bi-partisan ticket -- I get it, but it just feels like such a pat thing to say.

I feel like Joy is still paying penance for her Mike Pence jab. Maybe I said that the other day though (I know I thought it enough) so I'll shut up about it. 

On 10/17/2018 at 8:43 AM, Haleth said:

A red (hah) flag went up for me when Abby mentioned following Junior on Twitter.  I guess Meghan does too.  (Do they allow Twitter in prison?)

My guess is most media people who cover politics follow people like that.

On 10/17/2018 at 11:57 AM, Haleth said:

Wow, color me shocked!  Not one political word from Jed!  Is she trying to change her image?  (Too late, Jed.  I've seen the recent Fox clips.). Her mile a minute chatter makes it seem like she was feeling incredibly awkward sitting there after being fired.

She was trying to sell her book to an audience she already knows she was too right-wing for. 

23 hours ago, suomi said:

Waaaait a minute here. MM is tiny? The same size as Sunny and Ahbby? When did this happen? If she loses 30 pounds by standing up then she should stand more often. 

No one on the show is as slender as Abby. Jed or Rosie Perez would have to come back for Abby to have any competition on that front. 

20 hours ago, Stacee said:

Okay so maybe I need to edit my reply. Sounds like based on what you guys are saying on the show she did not look exactly like she is shown in the picture. If that is photo shopped, that's pretty silly of someone who claims to be  "touch chick" to do.  

20 hours ago, Former Nun said:

See that DARK GRAY PANEL on the left side of Meghan's dress?   Is that a panel?  Is that a shadow?

When/How was it created?  She was wearing a BIGGER "tight" dress on the show (her true size) and it was solid blue...except fo the Gucci bow brooch.

I don't know what the hell is going on with that dark grey section of Meghan's dress. I hadn't deleted yesterday's episode so I went back and watched the opening again. Except for the hideous bow (I don't care if it's Gucci) her dress was all light blue. I watched them walk onto the set and good a good look at her right side while she walked out and her left side, when she sat down.

That said, looking at Meghan from the front, that's not where her weight shows. From the front (even if we ignore the obvious spanx and whatever that shadow or whatever editing was done or not to that particularly picture), she's not that wide side-to-side. She is round. I wouldn't want to sit at the end of the table either. 

Who used to watch What Not to Wear? Meghan has the kind of figure that Clinton and Stacy would have dressed in a shirt or dress that nipped in above the natural waist and under the bust to highlight her curves. 

I would have loved that light blue dress on her, if not for the bow. It's a great color for her.

Today's shade of purple was disgusting though. It made me think wardrobe hates her. I think that shade of purple is hard for many people to wear, but it really doesn't work on a peaches-and-cream blonde. Her foundation isn't the right shade, either. 

It just struck me that Whoopi was absent on the day they all wore the color purple. I mean, I know why they wore it. The coincidence just struck me. 

19 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Because from what I've read, Jedi was fired to make room for Meghan on the panel.

I don't know how much media people hold that against one another. They're always taking each other's jobs. It seems like half the MSNBC lineup has replaced the other half at some point. I'm sure Jed didn't like it, but ABC is the one who really did her dirty, not McCain. 

I love Amy Klobuchar. I don't know if she has enough [something exciting] to run for POTUS, but I just love her. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, General Days said:

My guess is most media people who cover politics follow people like that.

I would agree. Just because you follow someone, doesn't mean you are a follower (if you know what I mean).

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I’ve never been a Jedi fan, but, she’s a bigger woman than I am.  I would never have hugged Meghan.  

I guess I’m in the  minority.  I always liked Jed. But I’m a horrible judge of character, because before she was on this show, I liked Meghan .

• Love 3
21 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said she was from the middle of the country.  Did Arizona move?

hahaha, hubby sometimes will watch with me as I decompress after work (I DVR it).  He said  "does middle of the country mean something different on the View, because isn't she from AZ"?  LOL  

• Love 11

Today's fashion review...

Love Sunny's dress.   Megan's shade of purple was not a good colour for her.  And were  those shoulder pads? Abby's hair looked good today.

I was glad that Joy ignored Megan's  snotty little "speak for yourself " comment  when she said we love Hillary. Had she replied, it would have just given Megan more attention. 

I missed the first couple minutes. Did they say where Whoopi was today?

• Love 8

So, Ah-by...you spoke so quickly and implied that Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter, "couldn't come up with" any Democrats who had been vilified/threatened via Twitter.  It's such a silly statement.  Maybe you didn't let HIM get a word in either.  We have all seen the faked photos reTweeted of our then President, Barack Obama, being lynched.  Perhaps that may be more hurtful to many than threats to a talk show co-host.  We know that our then First Lady, Michelle Obama, was compared to a "chimp" more times than we can recall.  Those are merely the two highest profile "Democrats," and those examples are minor.  

But also, silly girl, these are your words:  "So when this Farrakan ma---guy, whoever he is...." perhaps it's time to say, "Google it!"   You are so dismissive. There are probably more Americans who know who Louis Farrakhan (aka Louis X ... see Malcolm X) is than know who your father is--and definitely more than know who YOU are!   

Edited by Former Nun
I can spell--my fingers can't.
  • Love 19
On 10/16/2018 at 8:55 PM, junebug said:

Probably the reason Meghan doesn't care about hearing about the Royals is they aren't discussing her.  She isn't interested in anything that isn't about her.  And I DON"T CARE about hearing anything she says.

I think it may be as simple as Meghan thinking there is only one American princess named Meghan, and it’s her. 

• Love 18

I like it on television...probably everywhere...when a woman's lipstick blends well with what she's wearing near her face.  I don't care if it enhances her coloring--that may be more important in person.  Joy always wears a nice shade of lipstick for her coloring, but occasionally the color of her blouse will clash.

Today, Meghan's lipstick shade is an odd choice for her...but it's BEAUTIFUL with today's dress--which I think worked this time because the make-up people used a good foundation colour (I just felt like spelling it that way).

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4

I love how Meghan always seems so confident when she talks about good Democratic candidates to run against Trump or thinks she knows exactly what the Democrat party needs to succeed. Isn't she the same person who thought Trump's support and being Republican in Alabama would be enough for Roy Moore to win despite the allegations against him?

The whole Twitter debate is an issue with inconsistency but social media in general is not obligated to be consistent or fair...it's a privately owned entity who isn't a regulator of the First Amendment nor are they required to be protect anyone under the First Amendment.  It's completely at their discretion. If you're so offended by the way they run their business - don't use it. It's really as simple as that until you realize that you're a public figure and you're alienating your own opportunities by removing yourself from such platforms then it's about going to congress to get a picture taken down, lol. Freedom of speech is intended to protect you from persecution from government, not from private citizens or privately owned platforms unless that free speech is intended as a threat - in which case Sunny and Meghan, you don't focus all your energy into getting a picture taken down from Twitter if it's a real threat - you focus your energy on reporting the information to the authorities and indicate that you feel threatened and unsafe. The way Sunny and Meghan's issues were handled seems more like being offended than actually being threatened (and it's fair to feel offended by an image of you being lynched or about to get shot in the head) but don't mix the issues up because Twitter doesn't owe you anything. Yes, there are a lot of vile people in this world and the pictures described were in incredibly bad taste but going to congress to get a picture removed seems like an abuse of power in an attempt to regulate an issue that is part of the private domain. There is great irony in how Meghan wants Twitter reform for the small people who don't have powerful connections like her and her husband to force people to remove posts online yet doesn't care enough about reform for the small/poor people who don't have financial means to pay for healthcare in order to live. When has she ever seemed so passionate about important topics like healthcare except to condemn the concept of universal healthcare? Classic case of 'I'm passionate about things that only affect me'...which is actually quite anti-American, lol. And to be clear, I'm not defending anyone who would post something so vile and crass, but I'm defending their right to say it AND the right of any person or organization to hold them accountable for it and that includes being banned.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

Abby.....who is Farrukan??  Omg if there was one moment that i wish Whoopi had been there...THAT WAS IT!!!  Ok maybe she just misheard. Whatevs.....

Abby is so clueless that she makes sure everyone knows it.  I hope Whoopi educates Abby about Louis Farrakhan when she's next on the show.

I did like Meghan's lipstick colour (I always spell it this way; I'm Canadian) for a change, though not the shine.  It went well with her dress and her colouring, whereas she often wears a too-orangey red that clashes with her face and her clothes, but does make her nasty expressions look nastier.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

There is great irony in how Meghan wants Twitter reform for the small people who don't have powerful connections like her and her husband to force people to remove posts online yet doesn't care enough about reform for the small/poor people who don't have financial means to pay for healthcare in order to live.

I'm quoting here so I can BOLD IT, RHJUNKIE !!!

• Love 18

So Meggie KNOWS politics and how Dems should act and how Drumpf's base thinks,  but lest we forget her Dad LOST the presidential election.  So, why should her so-called, "from the womb osmosis knowledge" of politics be of any value?  

Not that I think she did anything of any consequence on the campaign trail for him. Who would want MM to be able to run a campaign of any import? 

Self-deception is quite comforting to her, I imagine.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, Tosia said:

So Meggie KNOWS politics and how Dems should act and how Drumpf's base thinks,  but lest we forget her Dad LOST the presidential election.  So, why should her so-called, "from the womb osmosis knowledge" of politics be of any value?  

Not that I think she did anything of any consequence on the campaign trail for him. Who would want MM to be able to run a campaign of any import? 

Self-deception is quite comforting to her, I imagine.

I almost choked laughing last week (I think it was last week), when she offered to run someone's campaign. wtf? Where, how does she think she could run a campaign? I don't think she could run a small town mayor campaign. She's just so full of herself. There is no way she anything significant on her father's campaign.

And yes she knows exactly what the Dems should do, whatever. 

I can't take the constant John McCain tributes. I'm so over it. I'm sorry her father died. And I tried to patient with her bringing him every 5 minutes  (along with every guest) I've lost both my parents. It's hard, I know but damn. Meghan is not John McCain. Grieve cry drink tell rambling stories off air. 

• Love 24

For someone who wrote a book about dismantling the patriarchy, Jill Soloway surely has a good deal of internalized misogyny. I was stunned when she said she dresses as she does  (very masculine) in order to be taken seriously. Um, isn't that part of that whole 'patriarchal domination' about which she spoke so eloquently? Wouldn't the logical solution be to embrace femininity and put it on an even playing field with masculinity? If someone takes you less seriously because you're wearing a dress and/or make-up, isn't that part of the structural problem she's claiming to fight? I get that for her, personally, she likes to skip make-up and other adornments, and that's totally cool! Do you, Jill! But re-enforcing the notion of "female = less serious" is an enormous part of the battle we're fighting as women. 

Wearing high heels and applying make-up and making yourself feel, well, pretty, should not disqualify you from being seen as an equal. And before anyone chimes-in with: it's true, you are taken more seriously when you're appearance is less feminine, I will preemptively reply, THAT'S PART OF THE PROBLEM! We need to work on shifting perspective, not demonizing femininity. 

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

I was stunned when she said she dresses as she does  (very masculine) in order to be taken seriously.

Hmmm...guess she's been a failure up until now.  Well, maybe she can start putting in applications.

• Love 2

I found it rude the way The Abbess of Witless kept asking Jill Soloway questions about their gender - it felt invasive.  And her not knowing who Louis Farakkhan is? How ignorant do you have to be to not know that?

And The Aggrieved One making that snarky remark to Joy - shut up, you maroon!

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I almost choked laughing last week (I think it was last week), wsignificahen she offered to run someone's campaign. wtf? Where, how does she think she could run a campaign? I don't think she could run a small town mayor campaign. She's just so full of herself. There is no way she anything significa

Well shes up to 3 offers so far, nicki haley, 2 of the women guests today...

• Love 7

I’m sure it’s awful to read terrible things about yourself online, but it’s truly unrelateable for these celebs to complain about stuff like this. Especially MM who is so anti-Hollywood, shocking she would care.

When Abby speaks, she’s either interrupted or there’s radio silence.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Kenz said:

I admire most everyone who posts here. I can hardly bear to watch the show anymore. Watching Meghan McCain makes me ill. I tried giving Abby a fair viewing, and while she seems a pleasant person, especially compared to MM, she seems like a non-entity with her obvious, bland observations. If only they could replace these two with some vibrant, intelligent women, then I could be enthused. As it is now, with all of the depressing things going on in the world, I find that Joy and Sunny are the only bright spots, and I guess that's not enough for me to plow through the entire show. I do keep up with this forum and enjoy all of the observations, so thanks for that!

nm

Wan't today Whoopi's brother's birthday?

That could explain why she was off today.

23 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Ah-bby said Ronald Reagan had early onset Alzheimers.  What??

His Alzherimer's was announced in 1994, but Ron Junior said he suspected it as much as ten years earlier.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

nm

Wan't today Whoopi's brother's birthday?

That could explain why she was off today.

His Alzherimer's was announced in 1994, but Ron Junior said he suspected it as much as ten years earlier.

Sweet. At the start of his 2nd term. So glad that those that should have had his, and the country's best interest at heart, didn't. /sarcasm.

I have been recording this, in case I've been too busy to watch it live (laundry, scrubbing floors, doing my nails, or watching paint dry). However, after reading comments here, I have chosen just to delete before watching cuz my blood pressure just can't handle the hour long jolt to my system. I am secondarily annoyed on all of your behalf's. I have not felt the need to watch all week. And for that, I thank you!

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Silver Raven said:
19 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Ah-bby said Ronald Reagan had early onset Alzheimers.  What??

Even "as much as ten years earlier," isn't really "early onset" (which is before age 65).  He was born in 1911, so Ron, Jr. suspected Alzheimer's when his father was 73-ish  He was 78 when his Presidency ended.

Edited by Former Nun
corrected arithmetic.
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Even "as much as ten years earlier," isn't really "early onset" (which is before age 65).  He was born in 1911, so Ron, Jr. suspected Alzheimer's when his father was 73-ish  He was 70 when his Presidency ended and lived 23 more years.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jan/17/ronald-reagan-alzheimers-president-son

In my own experience, you realize later that the parent had Alzheimers much longer than was obvious.

Ron jr. is talking about as early as 1984.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Kenz said:

I admire most everyone who posts here. I can hardly bear to watch the show anymore. Watching Meghan McCain makes me ill. I tried giving Abby a fair viewing,

I haven't watched the show since the summer. I still read the forum, and nothing yet has made me want to watch again.  I did check out a video earlier in the week to see MM's dress with the "first prize" bow, but kept the sound muted, so have yet to hear Abby's voice.  She doesn't "look" too bad when she speaks, however MM still managed to sour my mood when only watching her speak, so I know I'm not ready to actually watch and listen yet.  After EH drove me away from the show, I didn't watch again till she was gone. So the same thing may happen with MM.

I do think she made a mistake coming back to the show. I know how hard losing a parent can be. And for a long time, it is really, really hard to talk about them without crying.  So MM being on tv show where her father's name will come up often, is probably not the best place for her to be while struggling with her grief.,

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Even "as much as ten years earlier," isn't really "early onset" (which is before age 65).  He was born in 1911, so Ron, Jr. suspected Alzheimer's when his father was 73-ish  He was 70 when his Presidency ended and lived 23 more years.

He became president when he was 69, didnt he? I remember his age was a factor at the time. He said he would step down if he became mentally incompetent.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, KicksandGiggles said:

Sweet. At the start of his 2nd term. So glad that those that should have had his, and the country's best interest at heart, didn't. /sarcasm.

Reagan was president from 1981-89.

7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I think people say early onset as part of joking because he said a lot of “I don’t remember” during the Iran Contra hearings. Like “ it was his Alzheimer’s, ha ha!”???

52 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I haven't watched the show since the summer. I still read the forum, and nothing yet has made me want to watch again.  I did check out a video earlier in the week to see MM's dress with the "first prize" bow, but kept the sound muted, so have yet to hear Abby's voice.  She doesn't "look" too bad when she speaks, however MM still managed to sour my mood when only watching her speak, so I know I'm not ready to actually watch and listen yet.  After EH drove me away from the show, I didn't watch again till she was gone. So the same thing may happen with MM.

I do think she made a mistake coming back to the show. I know how hard losing a parent can be. And for a long time, it is really, really hard to talk about them without crying.  So MM being on tv show where her father's name will come up often, is probably not the best place for her to be while struggling with her grief.,

She will never leave of her own volition. The network and suits are so far up her ass, it wil take all the advertisers to bail and ratings to tank for them to jettison her ass off like the flotsam and detritus she is.

• Love 9

I don't think Whoopi hates Sunny at all. I think she likes to give Sunny the business.

I'm still relieved it's a Whoopi-free Friday. I haven't gotten used to them announcing the absent cast members at the top of the show. I was afraid she was on today (and I like Whoopi, I just think Joy does a better job moderating and on this show in general). 

• Love 6