Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, iwasish said:

Asuelu picking a onesie that says Big Bro... could he be punking Nick over the condom, or have he and Kalani been going bareback and she’s knocked up again. Is Asuelu that funny... or smart?

I thought that when he said "I love Oliver because he's white and his mom is American" he was either completely being sarcastic and/or snarky, like "this is what people think, right?"  Either that or it was SUPER edited out of context.  I feel like this is proved because Idiot Lil' Bro Nick went and tattled on Asuelo's baby management and poor clothing messaging skills, but didn't say "OMG HE SAID HE DOESN'T LOVE HIS SON!"  He clearly didn't think it happened the way it was shown, and I don't think so either.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Its hardly some weird aberration that a grown ass man wants a wife! 

But it does seem a weird aberration that a grown ass man wants a teenager.   And that he financed her breast implants at an age when most girls are graduating from high school.    

Fernanda's complaint that her family was so welcoming of Jonathan wasn't a valid comparison.  We have seen many families of girls from less privileged countries "happy" that their daughters become betrothed to creepy cradle robbers from the US.   The families seem to put their misgivings aside for the sake of their daughter having greater opportunities in the US -- or because the daughter getting a green card will give them a foothold to migrate themselves.   

I feel bad for Jonathan's mother, but any bad feelings she has may be her own fault for raising an asshole so arrogant that he has no qualms about going on global television and showing the world that he got himself a teen bride and even had her enhanced with his own money.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

This guy is so full of BS. Why not rent a nicer apartment or house and buy some decent furniture before you go looking for a house to buy? Baby steps, douchebag, baby steps. 

Or he could be slumming it and splitting he bills w/ Tasha in that dump to save up for the down payment. I know that's what I would be doing. Only difference is, i'm not a man bringing home a foreign woman (plus child) to marry. He should have waited until he had a sufficient down payment saved and was ready to start making offers before he proposed. 

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 3

I think Jon's mom was less than kind, but-- and I will be the first to admit-- my severe dislike for this couple between his douchebro-ness and her childish lap sitting, throwing drinks, having fits in bars because she is a teenager makes it very hard for me to feel for them. 

This dude is 32, lives in sleepytown USA and was a confirmed bachelor. He probably had tons of throwaway girlfriends and this is how his friends and family knew him. Then he shows up wearing a wedding ring (a stupid thing that he's been doing for a while now) with a teenager who snuggles up to him like she's 5 and whose engagement was found out by family members on Facebook. I can see that being off putting and a WTF moment for his family. Yes, I believe that conversation should have taken place between Jon and Mom outside of Fernanda's ears. But Jon knew what was coming. I blame him for not speaking to Mom first, letting her get her rage on, and telling her that he's marrying Fernanda and not to give her a verbal beat down or talk smack to her. I thought he looked like a ass going after his mother with the smug "You've been married a few times..." to "show Fernanda" how much he will stand up for her. Jesus, he's not 32 he's fucking 15.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Cammi said:

I have to defend Aseulo on the "big bro" baby cltohing. We know "bro" is short for brother, however many foreigners might just know it as a slang term for "dude" or whatever. Brother Kalani was quick to say "Oliver isn't a big brother", but I honestly think Aseulo just thought it was a cool little slang term like "hey bro!" or "what's up bro?" He probably heard it all the time from Americans at the resort and didn't equate it to literally being term for a sibling. Jfc give the guy a break, ffs a second language is hard enough

This is what I was thinking.  Thank you for putting it so succinctly.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, eatsleep said:

To me he looks like he was morbidly obese and had bariatric surgery. And like so many bariatric patients, his weight is coming off in weird places and looks like a deflated balloon. He needs to work out to improve that!

Re: Coltee- I totally agree.  I keep meaning to post it, but never got around to it, but he looks like a person who has had WLS to me, also.  I've seen many people who have had it and he immediately reminded me of them.

• Love 4
On 11/26/2018 at 3:23 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

No body hair, small teeth, bewbies, wide hips, more fat than muscle... he may have Klinefelter Syndrome, or some other abnormality.

But wouldn't he have low sexual drive. Larissa said he is beast.

20 hours ago, nenya said:

Leida and Eric - they are horrid, horrid people. In some weird way, I hope Leida sends her son to live with his grandparents who seem to genuinely love him. Eric was willing to leave him daughter in a seedy hotel than work out a plan with her.

But I recall that in the earlier episodes, Eric said he'd told Tasha she needed to move out, and she hadn't done it.  And Tasha did say she'd been putting in applications, so she apparently was in agreement that she was going to move, and Eric said he'd been not making her pay part of the rent or the bills so she could use that money to get her own place.

Yet the imminent arrival of Leida and her son still didn't light a fire under her.  If that's the case, then I'm fine with Leida being the bad cop on this.  In fact, I was glad she was doing it because it's clear that Eric wasn't going to do it, and Tasha was in no hurry to move, and as far as I know, Leida wasn't led to expect that she'd arrive at a dirty apartment with her son sleeping on an air mattress in her bedroom with her new lover (ick). 

I think he was hoping Tasha would have moved out by the time Leida arrived, but she didn't.  So now what?  That's when he comes up with setting Tasha up in a weekly motel, which seems cruel, but the path to that point was littered with people not doing what they were supposed to be doing--especially Tasha.  And Leida wasn't responsible for any of it, except forcing the issue, which needed to be done with this crowd.

Yes, she was rude to Tasha, and I suppose there's a kinder way to tell someone you've just met, "You need to go," but I understand her frustration.   I think the Tasha apple didn't fall far from the Eric tree, and both of them engage in magical thinking, like Tasha was hoping Leida wouldn't actually show up so she wouldn't actually have to move, and Eric was thinking Tasha would be in a different place by the time Leida showed up even though she wasn't doing anything that actually indicated she was moving.

7 hours ago, Drogo said:

Men have hormonal changes during and after pregnancy, and can also experience postpartum depression.

I assumed the hormonal part, anyway, was from being around the pregnant woman, which Steven was not. 

I feel bad for Olga.  She seems pretty with it and capable, and Steven just doesn't.  However, is this constant hand washing the thing now?  I thought humans are supposed to be exposed to germs.  Not dip-in-a-cesspool level germs, but one of the times she was on him about it, he'd just driven them from the hospital to home, which would be more everyday germs.

3 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:
4 hours ago, Honey said:

I'm curious.  What exactly, does a smoker look like?

Like steven, lol.  He looks like a teenage boy that smokes and that smells of stale smoke.  my opinion.

Eric looks like a smoker to me.  I don't think he does smoke, but that's what I picture when I think of smokers, especially the nicotine-colored hair.  David Poor looks as sickly, but doesn't look like a smoker to me. 

• Love 1

Are we still sticking to Kalani saying she was nearly 30 before she gave in and lost her virginity to this sweet, precious, albeit very simple man? I'm not buying it. What exactly was she waiting on? Had Asuelo not come along, would she have continued waiting patiently to lose her virginity?

I'm sorry but Asuelo just isn't a man that I look at and think "man this hunk of a man makes my loins burn" 🤷

I think Eric isn't 40 and Kalani wasn't a virgin for quite some time. They are both lying liars.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Oh do spill the details on that. Interesting that his SUV is probably about a 45K vehicle, yet can't afford his own place ?  I still for the life of me cant imagine him making booholes parents sit in a car for 30 hours round trip

I think he rented a car for this segment.  His real car is probably a nightmare.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

whose engagement was found out by family members on Facebook.

I am uber close with my sons but if they did this I would be both hurt AND pissed.  Call me first before posting, guys.

35 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Steven hasn't even been around Olga more than a week so he can't even claim to have his hormones affected by hers.  He's just an immature brat. 

Scary, mean and domineering, too.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I'm thinking either Tasha had roommate/s, or she was living in something smaller before her dad moved in.

3 hours ago, iwasish said:

She must have had enough money to pay it on her own if she moved in first. Eric was allegedly living in his car prior to moving in with her. None of them have given an actual timeline of their living situation so we can only speculate.

I don’t want to get in trouble for posting something I saw on social media to a no-spoiler thread, so I’ll post this behind a spoiler cut:

Spoiler

Tasha had two roommates, and then they got married and bought a house together. So she took her homeless father in to live with her in that apartment.

(She said this in a Q&A on Instagram.)

3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Oh do spill the details on that. Interesting that his SUV is probably about a 45K vehicle, yet can't afford his own place ?  I still for the life of me cant imagine him making booholes parents sit in a car for 30 hours round trip

That was a rapper-grade SUV! They don’t sell that brand/make in Indonesia, so I’d have no idea how much it’s worth. But at least to me it looked brand new and all shiny.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/26/2018 at 4:02 AM, Chickabiddy said:

So, Larissa likes fatty pieces...now we know what Colt’s appeal is for her....

Poor Olga, all she  has in the world is Stephen, a nasty petulant shitheel. The look of seething rage on his face when he was behind the wheel looked like a still from an ID Discovery special. Shnikies! 

Jay and Ashley are just a run of the mill hot mess of dysfunction wrapped up in cheating and all it’s attendant fighting and drama. 😴😴😴 

Maybe Ashley shouldn’t have been so quick to throw her best friend  overboard for Jay of the Wandering  Eye...

No way are Leida’s parents rich. No family of financial means would let their daughter, let alone their cherished grandchild, live with with  the degenerate slob that is Eric. Either the family is putting on airs or there is an arrest warrant out for Leida.

Eric with his nasty gray t shirt, pasty cottage cheese arms and greasy comb over are making me fight my gag reflex at every turn. 🤮 Does he ever shower? He looks progressively dirtier to me every week.

And is it just me or do Eric and Tasha look the same age? They are what happens at the unfortunate intersection of bad genes and poor nutrition. Gotta say though that I love  how Tasha is handling her wicked stepmother and her miscreant father. I am sort of a fan. I gotta admit. Girl takes no prisoners. 

Kalani and Nick are such assholes taking Asuelo to learn how to ride bike...laughing, yelling and cracking jokes about training wheels. They suck. I just love how Kalani rolls her eyes at everything Asuelo says. I wish he would crash that bike in those two fat assholes.  Kalani, you got knocked up at  30 after having unprotected sex...and just quit your job, so you can live off your parents. Girl, you are no paragon of maturity.  Kalani and her judgey, arrogant gaslighting, bossy behaviors make me think two things :

1) That I am thankful for vodka. 

2) That even with vodka, I still really want to throat punch her. Sorry...not sorry. 

Kalani and her shitty family really need to take a breather and realize that if she were really “all that” she would not be in the situation she is. Ugh, that heifer needs to take a hard look in the mirror and stop jumping in Asuelo’s shit. 

“I love being Oliver’s dad because he is white and his mom is American.” Ooh...so I guess Asuelo is not so good at playing the 90 Day Fiancé Game either. Time to cut your losses and run, Asuelo, run.

Jackie has an unfortunate upper lip.....just like her mom...who is a raging, jealous  bitch, btw. But I gotta admit that Jonathan knows how to throw some shade... “Mom, you’ve been married a few times....what is your advice for us? That was a master class shade toss. ;-) 

And that’s all I got. These fucking people are so exhausting. 

Morbidly obese Uncle Nick should not be lecturing anyone about safety.  He’s one cheeseburger away from a coronary.  And I’d like to see his fat ass balance on a bike.

• Love 8
On 11/26/2018 at 6:49 AM, Drogo said:

20181126_074835.thumb.jpg.cccab8808564b5013d644b0d12d2d0f1.jpg

Can't. Process. 

And he's hanging onto this chair like it's about to launch off the ground.

Reminds me of turkey legs at the Renaissance Fair.

On 11/26/2018 at 7:01 AM, lucy711 said:

I think we know that Leida didn't win Miss Congeniality in her beauty pageant!

I mean, what an awful, awful person she is!  Even if Tasha is a dirty person and left the apartment that way on purpose, she should have been the bigger person as the older, future stepmother.  That is no way to talk to your fiance's child five minutes after you meet them.  I'm actually surprised Allessandro is there.  I would have thought that her parents would have offered to keep him in Indonesia, and that Leida would have agreed.  I mean, does Ledia  even interact with her kid?  I'm wondering why she wants him with her when his life would be seemingly better at home.  The woman who, at almost 30, lives with her parents can go take a hike when she's whining about Tasha living there (who pays half of the freaking rent)!

I also don't understand what the point of her parent's trip was if she stayed even with their negative reaction.  If it weren't for Allessandro, I think they'd be high-fiving each other the minute she left the house.  I'm not going to touch on Eric because at this point it is a given that he is gross and terrible.

Colt should never wear shorts.  I'm also pretty sure he can cough up $500 for a wedding.  That being said, Larissa is still annoying.  When my husband says something nice about  lady, I don't assume he wants to be in bed with her.  Ditto for him when I say something nice about a man.

Coltie thought $50 a plate was a lot for a wedding reception dinner.  Isn’t the going rate like $150?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

That was a rapper-grade SUV! They don’t sell that brand/make in Indonesia, so I’d have no idea how much it’s worth. But at least to me it looked brand new and all shiny.

Lol...that was a Dodge. It wasn't a brand new one, either. Definitely under 20k (I didn't notice leather seats) but apparently more than the 10k budget Coltee had deemed appropriate. 

Also, for anyone who might be interested in learning more about new fathers experiencing hormonal changes or experiencing depression, a simple google search with "hormonal changes in new dad" yields interesting articles from legit sources. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Spike said:

Coltie thought $50 a plate was a lot for a wedding reception dinner.  Isn’t the going rate like $150?

My son got married last year, we had a big country club wedding...$150 ++(music, flowers, etc...), about 15 years ago I worked for a very large, well known local caterer, huge chandeliers, big curved staircase for photos, very shmaltzy, huge ballrooms and the average wedding package was $50/pp and there was a lot of bang for your buck, it may not have been everyone's taste but it made sense if you were on a budget...Larissa and Coltee were going to have 10 people at their wedding so how much damage could there be, dinner in a nice restaurant, a few drinks and a small wedding cake, Coltee just likes to have control and his mother is probably jealous of the fact that Coltee's attention is not on her. 

Larissa will have no couch, no air conditioned car, no house of her own and certainly no wedding at the Brazilian steakhouse.  Hope she learns how to handle disappointment 'cause that will be the theme of her existence in Las Vegas with Coltee and Bith Phetew.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Also, for anyone who might be interested in learning more about new fathers experiencing hormonal changes or experiencing depression, a simple google search with "hormonal changes in new dad" yields interesting articles from legit sources. 

That was interesting, but it argues even harder against Steven having any legit hormone changes, since the number one thing is a drop in testosterone.  My junior scientist hypothesis about why this happens is to lessen the odds of a dad killing their kid.  It happens with many animal species.  

Steven is a damaged, immature, 20 year old who has never learned appropriate behavior.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I feel bad for Olga.  She seems pretty with it and capable, and Steven just doesn't.  However, is this constant hand washing the thing now?  I thought humans are supposed to be exposed to germs.  Not dip-in-a-cesspool level germs, but one of the times she was on him about it, he'd just driven them from the hospital to home, which would be more everyday germs.

Most new parents are germ hyper aware, my SIL was a nightmare, and he also hadn't washed his hands since handling the shoes.  But there's a big difference between a baby less than a week old, and the nonsense with Oliver.  Nick freaked when Asuelu let Oliver put the blanket in his mouth at the store.  That is a very low risk activity since the odds of Typhoid Mary having touched the blanket moments before Oliver are very low.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Spike said:

I was just checking prices at the Palace Hotel/NYC and the rate there is $375/PP with a minimum of 200 people,  So a minimum of $75,000 for just the venue/food, plus tax and a 25% gratuity (another almost $19,000).  Colt's head would have exploded.

When we got married, it was a Thursday night in front of a judge, and after we took everyone to our very favorite restaurant.  There were about 20 people, we had a blast, and left on our honeymoon the next day.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 6

Yes, its standard operating procedure to wash your hands before touching a newborn. Olga and Steven's baby was only a few days old. I'd insist on it too, and I am not fastidious. (I'm not a slob, but I am far, FAR from a germaphobe.)

And I agree that the way Nick overreacted to Oliver putting a blanket to his face in the store was way over the top. Kalani wants that baby wrapped in cotton wool. It reminds me of when my son was little I would take him to a little park that was near our house. I was sitting at a picnic table close by, watching him clamber around the play structure (he must have been about 3 and a half, perfectly capable of doing so on his own without danger!) A guy brought his daughter, who looked older, maybe 4 or 5. He stayed 6 inches behind her as she played, climbing up the structure, going down the slide, the works, glaring daggers at me the whole time, as my son cheerfully played. Kalani will be that guy. Not only staying two steps away from Oliver as he travels the playground, but judging the bejesus out of other parents who aren't doing the same thing.

• Love 7
On 11/26/2018 at 11:28 AM, Cammi said:

The thing that kills me about these Americans: Colt and the cutie/bespeckled hostess- that girl is the type he SHOULD be with. I’d say they look equally “yoked”.  It’s so obvious these Americans punch above their weight with the foreigners, and to me I think Colt is very shallow. Hev is willing to “put up with her crap” for the benefit of crawling on top of her. How charming. No mention of her kindness, personality or their common interests. 

But the sad fact is even the cute little hostess is out of his league. Because no woman (no decent one) I know wants to enter a borderline incestuous relationship with a man and his codependent mother. Especially seeing as how Debbie is not an invalid, she’s able bodied. 

I also think Colt has an abudance of estrogen. I forget what that’s called, but it can give men breasts and hips  

At some point all this is a thinly veiled business transaction. Same with Eric and Leida. She just wants to be here in America. She’s not attractive at all imo, and has a horrid personality. The fact that Eric is the best she could procure says everything we need to know about her. 

Jon and Fernanda are the best bet but I highly doubt these two really thought what marriage really means. 

Gynecomastia?

On 11/26/2018 at 11:42 AM, Kellyee said:

My (paranoid and controlling) sister has an app on her phone that allows her to track her husband and children on their phones and tell exactly where they are every minute. Maybe Ashley can get that?

I really want to meet Ashley's two previous fiances. I have a bad feeling that Ashley is attracted to bad boy players, and this is why she keeps getting disappointed over and over. 

What happens to Olga and the baby if she refuses to go with Steven to America? Is there any help for her at all in Russia? It sure seems like she's completely alone. 

An accountant wouldn’t be “sexy” enough for “hot” Ashley.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Re: Coltee- I totally agree.  I keep meaning to post it, but never got around to it, but he looks like a person who has had WLS to me, also.  I've seen many people who have had it and he immediately reminded me of them.

We've seen pictures of him when he was younger, and he didn't look overweight enough to qualify for surgery.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, iwasish said:

She must have had enough money to pay it on her own if she moved in first. Eric was allegedly living in his car prior to moving in with her. None of them have given an actual timeline of their living situation so we can only speculate.

Living in his car?  Jeebus.  He has a job, right?  Baraboo isn't Manhattan.  He could have lived in one of those hot-pillow motels he wanted to move his daughter into.

If it's true that he was essentially homeless, a lot of stuff becomes clear.  He looks dirty and greasy all the time because he forgot how showers work.  He sleeps in a single bed because it's the closest he could find to the back seat of a car.  Inflatable furniture can be deflated and stored during the night, when you need the back of your van to be a bedroom, then inflated for living room mode.  Wash dishes?  What is that?  Leave them sitting around and the vermin will eventually get them clean.

Where the *hell* does he get off saying he's "working on" buying a house?

• Love 6
On November 26, 2018 at 2:59 PM, sasha206 said:

Leida may be the biggest asshole out of all the fiances across this franchise.  She strikes me as a psychopath who will be featured on "Snapped" someday after murdering someone for insurance money.  

The biggest asshole award is a pretty high bar to reach when it comes to this show. That is a hard one when I start to think of all the people, especially from recent seasons. I agree with you only if we can award it as the biggest asshole couple to both Eric and Leida. 

The kind of guy that will demand his own daughter to move out of her own apartment that she graciously took his homeless ass into, plus lie to everyone about his living situation (present and future) and not back/stand up for his own daughter - now that's a world class asshole.  At least Leida is an asshole to everyone's face. Eric is a sniveling coward who thanks his daughter's hospitality by throwing her under the bus. Maybe she said she would move out, but he's the one that should move out.  And no matter what was said/ promised, none of that excuses the way they treat her. A father is supposed to want what is best for his kids, not ship them off to a project motel so he can get what he wants. Still waiting on Leida being shown on camera mothering her own son too. 

• Love 12

The Brazilian spot would a nice wedding make.  No one's saying you have to offer the $50/person rodizio, but I bet they could serve up some nice platters, family style or buffet style to keep the cost down.  It would be a nice nod to Larissa's heritage and give her the bit of home/family she'll be missing come wedding day. 

But unfortunately.. Colt's a dickhead.  He'll probably take Larissa wedding dress shopping, tell her to pick out what she wants, then tell her she doesn't know how money works and he'll find something white in his closet for her instead. 

• Love 19
17 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think he was hoping Tasha would have moved out by the time Leida arrived, but she didn't.  So now what?  That's when he comes up with setting Tasha up in a weekly motel, which seems cruel, but the path to that point was littered with people not doing what they were supposed to be doing--especially Tasha.  And Leida wasn't responsible for any of it, except forcing the issue, which needed to be done with this crowd.

If you're dealing w/ a stubborn person, treating them that way will only make them dig their heels in deeper. I think Tasha is enjoying aggravating them. I know I would be! LOL

1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

We've seen pictures of him when he was younger, and he didn't look overweight enough to qualify for surgery.

He looks overweight enough NOW to qualify for the surgery!

• Love 3
On 11/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, gingerella said:

Maybe saying stupid shit like that is part of their "agreement".

I wish Olga had told the hospital staff in Russian that she was afraid of the father, and ask them to intervene, but then again, maybe they wouldn't have because most of them acted like they had no fucks to give about patients. I think Olga's best bet at this point is to ride it out with Steven - he's there for what, 2 or 4 weeks max? Abstain from sex because she is healing, which is legit, and just try to be even and not set him off, then as soon as he is officially out of the country, get a fake paternity test (say it was with his hair OR say another guy came forward and insisted on the test) and fake that the test says Steven is not the baby daddy. That will sever ties with this psychopath forever. And after doing that, she needs to rat him out to immigration that he's abusive and she is afraid for her life if he is let into Russia again. THEN move the fuck away from where she is and disappear. Change names for her and the baby and disappear. This guy will hunt her down if he thinks the kid is his. I HATE TLC for thinking this is entertaining, putting a young woman and baby - with no other family - at risk with such a volatile imbecile. FUCK YOU TLC.

I think that some people are being too hard on Steven.  Yes, he was a complete jerk and was very rude to her in the hospital room.  100%- he should be ashamed of his behavior and when he looks back on this I think he will be extremely embarrassed and regretful for his actions. But telling Olga to run for the hills and that he is probably going to beat her up in the future is a bit dramatic, unfair and premature. Also, to say that Olga was fearful- I don’t think she was.  I think she was super annoyed, frustrated and pissed off that he was acting like a child but I don’t think she was afraid at all.

Right now, I’m willing to give Steven a pass for now- I think he’s under an immense amount of stress and on a scale of 1 to 10 he’s at 11.  Olga is not saying,” I’m afraid, stop shouting at me.” She just keeps on saying, “Stop freaking out.” Because she realizes he’s under stress and isn’t handling it well.  I think Olga will decide to go to the U.S. with Steven and will take some time to observe him and see if his behavior improves once he is back home where he is comfortable.  I think Olga is smart enough to know that Steve and she are in a highly unusual and stressful situation and is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I’m giving Steve the benefit of the doubt until I see how he behaves after a few weeks/months in the U.S.. If he still a jerk then- then some decisions will need to be made but I think Steve’s grandparents will help him chill out as well.

Also- I just want to call out a double standard I’m seeing. I think people are so willing to be hard on men for saying and doing things but when a woman does the same behavior- it’s excused because she’s a woman.  As a woman this pisses me off. Kalani is doing saying awful things to Asuelu- is anyone giving the same advice for Asuelu as they do Olga? That Kalani is a future abuser, that Asuelu should take the baby and leave the country with Oliver because Kalani is defiantly going to hit/abuse them both in the future?  Kalani’s and Steve’s actions are just as bad with their yelling- but somehow with Steve- we take it to the level of high threat of potential domestic violence because he is a man but no one has mentioned that same with Kalani.

Even furthermore someone was assaulted on the show! Fernanda cursed out her fiancé and literally assaulted a woman in the club. I don’t hear anyone calling for Jon to run for the hills from Fernanda before she starts hitting him (which I wouldn’t put it pass her). Fernanda and Steve are both 20 years old and yet she gets a pass for being that way in the club because she is female, young, in a new country and is a “Fiery Latina”.  Steve is the same age as Fernanda in another country, doesn’t lay hands on anyone, says some jerk things but people are quick to say he is abuser and that Olga needs to “disappear” in Russia. It doesn’t matter if it’s a man or woman doing the hitting or is someone is physically stronger than someone else. No one should be hitting anyone or laying hands on anyone else. So unless we are going to call Fernanda and Kalani future batterers I think we should layoff giving Steve this label- it’s not fair and seems sexist looking at the action of two women on this show.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, AlanaHeart said:

Steve is the same age as Fernanda in another country, doesn’t lay hands on anyone, says some jerk things but people are quick to say he is abuser and that Olga needs to “disappear” in Russia.

Frankly I think Kalani is more likely to hit Asuelu than Steven is to hit Olga, and K outweighs A by at least 75 lbs and travels with a good half-ton of her overinvested family members.  Fernanda seems to get a pass because she's a lot smaller than Jon and most likely couldn't hurt him.. but that doesn't make it okay either.  I agree with a lot of your points. 

But let's face it - at the end of the day, quiet sweaty Eric is the one most likely to hack his partner's head/hands/feet off while she's sleeping and put them in the freezer next to the Hot Pockets. 

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, AlanaHeart said:

Also- I just want to call out a double standard I’m seeing. I think people are so willing to be hard on men for saying and doing things but when a woman does the same behavior- it’s excused because she’s a woman.  As a woman this pisses me off. Kalani is doing saying awful things to Asuelu- is anyone giving the same advice for Asuelu as they do Olga? That Kalani is a future abuser, that Asuelu should take the baby and leave the country with Oliver because Kalani is defiantly going to hit/abuse them both in the future?  Kalani’s and Steve’s actions are just as bad with their yelling- but somehow with Steve- we take it to the level of high threat of potential domestic violence because he is a man but no one has mentioned that same with Kalani.

Even furthermore someone was assaulted on the show! Fernanda cursed out her fiancé and literally assaulted a woman in the club. I don’t hear anyone calling for Jon to run for the hills from Fernanda before she starts hitting him (which I wouldn’t put it pass her). Fernanda and Steve are both 20 years old and yet she gets a pass for being that way in the club because she is female, young, in a new country and is a “Fiery Latina”.  Steve is the same age as Fernanda in another country, doesn’t lay hands on anyone, says some jerk things but people are quick to say he is abuser and that Olga needs to “disappear” in Russia. It doesn’t matter if it’s a man or woman doing the hitting or is someone is physically stronger than someone else. No one should be hitting anyone or laying hands on anyone else. So unless we are going to call Fernanda and Kalani future batterers I think we should layoff giving Steve this label- it’s not fair and seems sexist looking at the action of two women on this show.

Actually both Kalani and Fernanda have been called out on these threads so I don't think a double standard exists at all here.

• Love 17
32 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The Brazilian spot would a nice wedding make.  No one's saying you have to offer the $50/person rodizio, but I bet they could serve up some nice platters, family style or buffet style to keep the cost down.  It would be a nice nod to Larissa's heritage and give her the bit of home/family she'll be missing come wedding day. 

But unfortunately.. Colt's a dickhead.  He'll probably take Larissa wedding dress shopping, tell her to pick out what she wants, then tell her she doesn't know how money works and he'll find something white in his closet for her instead. 

Agree with everything.   Plus that really is a good price for that Brazilian feast.  But what do you expect from a guy who spent $50 for the ring? 

Jonathan should have told his mother about Fernanda before posting it on social media.   I remember at a wedding my brother’s girlfriend went around introducing herself as my brother’s fiancé.  I knew she was blowing smoke but my mother was very hurt, even after she found out they really were not engaged.  I can how his mother might be a tad bitter but she should have had the conversation regarding her reservations about the marriage with her son sans Fernanda. 

It’s not Leida’s place to ask Tasha to move out.  She should be telling Eric to get off his ass and find them a place.   My guess is that Eric can’t qualify for any housing and he’s on the lease because of Tasha.  If I was Tasha, I do little things to get under Leida’s skin just to see her lose it.  But I don’t see Tasha going anywhere.  He needs her to help with the rent.  

I think the Kalani Klan would criticize Asuelo on how he combs his hair.  He can’t do everything right. 

What did think would happen with her 20 year old boyfriend?   She’s just a stupid woman who wanted to marry her vacation fling.   She and Molly should compare notes.  

Thank goodness Olga lives in Russia.  Too bad Steven doesn’t have the self awareness to realize he’s perpetuating the same bad behaviors as his family.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But I recall that in the earlier episodes, Eric said he'd told Tasha she needed to move out, and she hadn't done it.  And Tasha did say she'd been putting in applications, so she apparently was in agreement that she was going to move, and Eric said he'd been not making her pay part of the rent or the bills so she could use that money to get her own place.

Yet the imminent arrival of Leida and her son still didn't light a fire under her.  If that's the case, then I'm fine with Leida being the bad cop on this. 

I've got to disagree here.  The time between Leida arriving and her showdown with Tasha was maybe 8-10 days (of "touring" the US with Leida's poor family, the Pennsylvania "cabin", many hours on the road)- which doesn't give a lot of time for a teenager to save money for a down payment, sign a lease, and move.  At best, if she had found a place she'd likely have to wait until the first of the following month and move her stuff.  And never, ever is it ok for the "new spouse" or "almost spouse" to play bad cop and act as a primary parent.  And this case was extreme.  They had just met!  Leida didn't even have the decency to respond to Tasha's very considerate greeting of her and her child.  Tasha was beyond polite and appropriate. Leida was a pouting, grudging bitch from the get-go. And maybe the second sentence out of her mouth was "did you make a mess on purpose?"  Really?  Eric- or any parent- should lay down the ground rules when a new spouse comes into the picture that his kids are NOT hers and the parenting should be left to him.  Not that he has acted in any way as a responsible, decent parent. I have a lot of respect for Tasha- even if she does wear a tail.

• Love 16

I absolutely think that Kalani monster would abuse rainman and that he needs to probably seperate from her when he can if she doesn't change.  I think it's important for him to get his citizenship so that he can be nearby for his son.  There's no way the courts or Kalani monster would let him take Oliver out of the country or get full custody unless Kalani monster was doing drugs or abusing the baby in some way.

4 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I've got to disagree here.  The time between Leida arriving and her showdown with Tasha was maybe 8-10 days (of "touring" the US with Leida's poor family, the Pennsylvania "cabin", many hours on the road)- which doesn't give a lot of time for a teenager to save money for a down payment, sign a lease, and move.  At best, if she had found a place she'd likely have to wait until the first of the following month and move her stuff.  And never, ever is it ok for the "new spouse" or "almost spouse" to play bad cop and act as a primary parent.  And this case was extreme.  They had just met!  Leida didn't even have the decency to respond to Tasha's very considerate greeting of her and her child.  Tasha was beyond polite and appropriate. Leida was a pouting, grudging bitch from the get-go. And maybe the second sentence out of her mouth was "did you make a mess on purpose?"  Really?  Eric- or any parent- should lay down the ground rules when a new spouse comes into the picture that his kids are NOT hers and the parenting should be left to him.  Not that he has acted in any way as a responsible, decent parent. I have a lot of respect for Tasha- even if she does wear a tail.

Not to mention Tasha lived there first and probably put down the security deposit and then added Eric to the lease.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, eatsleep said:

It may be a double standard but statistically women are more likely to be the victims of DV and to die from DV. 

Not 100% true- women are just as physically aggressive as men (see link below). Women just get away with it because we are women and it's seen as more ok for us to do it and get away with it.  Also most men aren't going to report being hit by their wives or girlfriends. I agree 100% that men are stronger and the effects are of course more devastating physically for women and we are more likely to die as a result.

Anyone remember when Anfisa was caught on camera hitting Jorge? Were the police called by the TLC producers? Believe me if it had been the other way around they would have and Jorge would have been put in jail and never seen on future TLC show again.  Actually, they probably would have blackedout the clip and not shown it on national television. But Anfisa is a woman and  so she gets a pass right?

I think we should be just as hard, or even harder on someone like Fernanda/Anfisa (who assaulted someone) vs. Steve who has not laid hands on anyone.  What Steve did wasn't ok- he needs to learn to work on that, but it's really unfair to put him in a classification "of probable future batterer".

No one should being putting their hands on anyone regardless of sex or how forceful the aggression (a man slapping vs. a woman slapping).  We shouldn't tolerate it from either sex and women need to stop getting a pass on it too.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2968709/

When physical aggression is the subject of inquiry, studies consistently find that as many women self-report perpetrating this behavior as do men; some studies find a higher prevalence of physical aggression committed by women (for a review see Archer, 2000). For example, the National Family Violence Survey (Straus & Gelles, 1990), a nationally representative study of 6,002 men and women, found that in the year before the survey, 12.4% of wives self-reported that they used violence against their husbands compared to 11.6% of husbands who self-reported using violence against their wives. Furthermore, 4.8% of wives reported using severe violence against their husbands, whereas 3.4% of husbands reported using severe violence (Straus & Gelles, 1990). Studies with college samples also find that men and women commit similar rates of physical aggression (Cercone, Beach, & Arias, 2005) or that a higher prevalence of women commit physical aggression (Straus, 2004).

1 hour ago, AlanaHeart said:

I think that some people are being too hard on Steven.  Yes, he was a complete jerk and was very rude to her in the hospital room.  100%- he should be ashamed of his behavior and when he looks back on this I think he will be extremely embarrassed and regretful for his actions. But telling Olga to run for the hills and that he is probably going to beat her up in the future is a bit dramatic, unfair and premature. Also, to say that Olga was fearful- I don’t think she was.  I think she was super annoyed, frustrated and pissed off that he was acting like a child but I don’t think she was afraid at all.

Right now, I’m willing to give Steven a pass for now- I think he’s under an immense amount of stress and on a scale of 1 to 10 he’s at 11.  Olga is not saying,” I’m afraid, stop shouting at me.” She just keeps on saying, “Stop freaking out.” Because she realizes he’s under stress and isn’t handling it well.  I think Olga will decide to go to the U.S. with Steven and will take some time to observe him and see if his behavior improves once he is back home where he is comfortable.  I think Olga is smart enough to know that Steve and she are in a highly unusual and stressful situation and is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I’m giving Steve the benefit of the doubt until I see how he behaves after a few weeks/months in the U.S.. If he still a jerk then- then some decisions will need to be made but I think Steve’s grandparents will help him chill out as well.

Steven doesn't get a pass for stress.  We all have stress.  Olga just had major surgery, and a baby, she has stress too, but she sees that the baby is more important than herself right now.  

Plus, we have been as hard on the women.  For Asuelu to not be with Kalani is a common thought, since she treats him so poorly.

I never said I thought Steven would get physical.  But emotional abuse is also quite serious and I'm all for Olga not remaining with him if he continues.

• Love 22

Re: Colt and Larissa: I know everyone is saying $50/a person for a reception is a good deal. But you guys, dude and his mom do not even own a couch... and they look like they live a HELLA CHEAP lifestyle. I would bet money they threw their old sofa out because it was scratched to death by the cats and falling apart and they didn't want it filmed, so they made up the ruse about "letting Larissa pick one". They didn't let her pick a new one, so that was a freaking lie!

I am frugal and I know people who live a minimalist lifestyle, but I just plain think they don't have a lot of money. I bet Colt's original thinking was drive thru wedding chapel on the Vegas strip and Arby's afterwards for the three of them. If he isn't going to splurge to get his air conditioning fixed in the Vegas heat, dude ain't paying for reception meals unless its a cash/bar- meal type thing for the guests. 

I don't want to be rude, but it is obvious most of these people live at or below the poverty level. Eric is POOR. He says he is "working on it", but at 40 years old, he can't take care of HIMSELF, let alone buy a new foreign family. It is extremely selfish behavior.  I had a nicer apartment than Eric and his daughter by myself at 18 on my college campus. Seriously, you can find sofas on the side of the road for free nicer than the blow up couch. They obviously just use that trashy apartment as a flop house and place to sleep and shower. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but get your crap together BEFORE you bring a family into that hovel. And Leida ain't shit, cuz even a dime store hooker would not shack up with Eric in that hovel. Leida's worth is Nada. 

Even Angela on Before the 90 Days season was very adamant about not having money on her credit cards for anything (as was Rachel) and it seems most of these people live on a VERY tight paycheck to paycheck budget. They also are quick to quit their jobs to do the show or whatever reason they fabricate as an excuse not to work. I don't think we realize how dire some of their situations are financially. 

Yeah, $50/a person for a reception might not be expensive, but it is a literal fortune when you have ZERO dollars. It seems most of these people spend their life savings on the K-1 process and traveling abroad to get laid, and I've yet to see a foreign fiancé contribute or bring any savings over with them (that I can recall). 

It's exploitation to the extreme, and it's obvious the couples need the TLC money to help them. I will continue to watch the dumpster fire, because not one of these people are sympathetic. Jon seems to live a decent middle class life, but in Lumberton, I'd side eye anyone his age that didn't. The cost of living there is very affordable. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Re: Colt and Larissa: I know everyone is saying $50/a person for a reception is a good deal. But you guys, dude and his mom do not even own a couch... and they look like they live a HELLA CHEAP lifestyle. I would bet money they threw their old sofa out because it was scratched to death by the cats and falling apart and they didn't want it filmed, so they made up the ruse about "letting Larissa pick one". They didn't let her pick a new one, so that was a freaking lie!

I am frugal and I know people who live a minimalist lifestyle, but I just plain think they don't have a lot of money. I bet Colt's original thinking was drive thru wedding chapel on the Vegas strip and Arby's afterwards for the three of them. If he isn't going to splurge to get his air conditioning fixed in the Vegas heat, dude ain't paying for reception meals unless its a cash/bar- meal type thing for the guests. 

I don't want to be rude, but it is obvious most of these people live at or below the poverty level. Eric is POOR. He says he is "working on it", but at 40 years old, he can't take care of HIMSELF, let alone buy a new foreign family. It is extremely selfish behavior.  I had a nicer apartment than Eric and his daughter by myself at 18 on my college campus. Seriously, you can find sofas on the side of the road for free nicer than the blow up couch. They obviously just use that trashy apartment as a flop house and place to sleep and shower. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but get your crap together BEFORE you bring a family into that hovel. And Leida ain't shit, cuz even a dime store hooker would not shack up with Eric in that hovel. Leida's worth is Nada. 

Even Angela on Before the 90 Days season was very adamant about not having money on her credit cards for anything (as was Rachel) and it seems most of these people live on a VERY tight paycheck to paycheck budget. They also are quick to quit their jobs to do the show or whatever reason they fabricate as an excuse not to work. I don't think we realize how dire some of their situations are financially. 

Yeah, $50/a person for a reception might not be expensive, but it is a literal fortune when you have ZERO dollars. It seems most of these people spend their life savings on the K-1 process and traveling abroad to get laid, and I've yet to see a foreign fiancé contribute or bring any savings over with them (that I can recall). 

It's exploitation to the extreme, and it's obvious the couples need the TLC money to help them. I will continue to watch the dumpster fire, because not one of these people are sympathetic. Jon seems to live a decent middle class life, but in Lumberton, I'd side eye anyone his age that didn't. The cost of living there is very affordable. 

I totally agree with you on Eric.   He doesn't make enough to support himself and needs to have his daughter there to help with the rent.  What 40-year-old man needs his freaking kid to help him with rent and expenses?!  It's not like they live in an expensive area either.   "Yes we need to save up on a house." It is not happening- he doesn't have a money to save up for a house (maybe after saving a $50 a month for 40 years- he'll have something)- I think he totally b.s .ing them- nothing is happening anywhere in the near future.  Why doesn't Leida just point blank ask how much he makes a year and what his expenses are?! I think that will give her a very clear idea of what his capabilities are to provide as a husband and stepfather.  Also I'm a pretty firm believer that if you haven't made your money and career by 40- it's not going to happen. He's not going to turn 41 and all the sudden get the gumption to find a fabulous new career bringing in lot more cash- if he was going to do it he would have done it in his 20s/30s and straight out of the military. Where he is at right now is where he is going to be pretty much until he stops paying child support and even then I don't think it's going to make a big difference in his lifestyle.

I don't get this relationship at all and am thinking it must be fake, other than continuing her career- there is zero benefit for her being with Eric. With her parent's money there's got to be easier ways to get to America. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Steven explained that he does not like to be told what to do. So back off everybody, he's going to be a perfect gentleman when he gets back to the states. I hope she stays in Russia.

Arg - I can just see him isolating Olga from the one friend she makes, not allowing her to drive and keeping everyone away from "HIS SON."  He sees that baby as a possession, not a baby who needs 24/7 care AND two parents who care for each other.

2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Really?  Eric- or any parent- should lay down the ground rules when a new spouse comes into the picture that his kids are NOT hers and the parenting should be left to him.

Yes sir!  I remarried a year ago and although my kids are older, (kind like Tasha) my hubby knows I am the parent, and they have a dad.  Not his job to lay down the law nor does he try.  HE knows his role and we all get along just fine.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

I've got to disagree here.  The time between Leida arriving and her showdown with Tasha was maybe 8-10 days (of "touring" the US with Leida's poor family, the Pennsylvania "cabin", many hours on the road)- which doesn't give a lot of time for a teenager to save money for a down payment, sign a lease, and move.  At best, if she had found a place she'd likely have to wait until the first of the following month and move her stuff.  

That's part of my point.  The 8-10 days shouldn't have mattered because it was my impression she had agreed to move well before that, but just hadn't done it.  That's on her, and it's on Eric for not making her follow through.  Of course, he apparently doesn't have much to bargain with, although he said he was picking up her part of bills and rent, so he's got something

This is where a decent host on an after show could do some real good.  Ask Eric and Tasha separately if Tasha had agreed to move out, and if so, the pertinent dates, and then compare their answers.  But if the producers wanted us to know this, they would have told us already, so that's not gonna happen.

And never, ever is it ok for the "new spouse" or "almost spouse" to play bad cop and act as a primary parent.  And this case was extreme.  They had just met!  Leida didn't even have the decency to respond to Tasha's very considerate greeting of her and her child.  Tasha was beyond polite and appropriate. Leida was a pouting, grudging bitch from the get-go. And maybe the second sentence out of her mouth was "did you make a mess on purpose?"  Really?  Eric- or any parent- should lay down the ground rules when a new spouse comes into the picture that his kids are NOT hers and the parenting should be left to him.  Not that he has acted in any way as a responsible, decent parent. I have a lot of respect for Tasha- even if she does wear a tail.

I don't think Leida was acting as a parent, but more as a roommate to another adult.  But that makes me wonder what Eric's role should be with respect to Tasha, if they're splitting the rent and she's acting more like a roommate than his child. 

And maybe Tasha was polite because she knew she should have already moved out.  But I can't get into her head at all because there's no way I would let my place be a pig sty like that.  Maybe Eric did do it all and she didn't add to it but let it stay that way to punish Leida--I don't think that's what happened, but even if it did, I couldn't do that if it meant I had to live in it in the meantime.

I do know that if I were in Leida's position, I'd be pissed about having to clean that sty in order to make it habitable, and after that still be sharing the apartment and having my kid sleeping on an air mattress next to my bed.  Leida failed at being polite, but that's minor compared to the failures that have led them to be in this position in the first place. 

8 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

hat's part of my point.  The 8-10 days shouldn't have mattered because it was my impression she had agreed to move well before that, but just hadn't done it.  That's on her, and it's on Eric for not making her follow through.  Of course, he apparently doesn't have much to bargain with, although he said he was picking up her part of bills and rent, so he's got something

I think Eric made a show of saying "she didn't pay the utility bill LAST MONTH" as if he had cut her a huge break and she should have gotten out by then. Who knows when he discussed her leaving- his M.O. seems to be that everything will just happen magically on its own and Tasha should just "know" she had to leave. Who knows what Tasha's job is, but it is going to realistically take time to find a place, collect the security/first month's rent, pack, etc.  I didn't hear that this agreement transpired months ago.  And if it had- Tasha seems pretty level-minded and was very clear that her name was on the lease. She doesn't have to go just because Dad decided to drag a family in there.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, AlanaHeart said:

Not 100% true- women are just as physically aggressive as men (see link below). Women just get away with it because we are women and it's seen as more ok for us to do it and get away with it.  Also most men aren't going to report being hit by their wives or girlfriends. I agree 100% that men are stronger and the effects are of course more devastating physically for women and we are more likely to die as a result.

Anyone remember when Anfisa was caught on camera hitting Jorge? Were the police called by the TLC producers? Believe me if it had been the other way around they would have and Jorge would have been put in jail and never seen on future TLC show again.  Actually, they probably would have blackedout the clip and not shown it on national television. But Anfisa is a woman and  so she gets a pass right?

I think we should be just as hard, or even harder on someone like Fernanda/Anfisa (who assaulted someone) vs. Steve who has not laid hands on anyone.  What Steve did wasn't ok- he needs to learn to work on that, but it's really unfair to put him in a classification "of probable future batterer".

No one should being putting their hands on anyone regardless of sex or how forceful the aggression (a man slapping vs. a woman slapping).  We shouldn't tolerate it from either sex and women need to stop getting a pass on it too.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2968709/

When physical aggression is the subject of inquiry, studies consistently find that as many women self-report perpetrating this behavior as do men; some studies find a higher prevalence of physical aggression committed by women (for a review see Archer, 2000). For example, the National Family Violence Survey (Straus & Gelles, 1990), a nationally representative study of 6,002 men and women, found that in the year before the survey, 12.4% of wives self-reported that they used violence against their husbands compared to 11.6% of husbands who self-reported using violence against their wives. Furthermore, 4.8% of wives reported using severe violence against their husbands, whereas 3.4% of husbands reported using severe violence (Straus & Gelles, 1990). Studies with college samples also find that men and women commit similar rates of physical aggression (Cercone, Beach, & Arias, 2005) or that a higher prevalence of women commit physical aggression (Straus, 2004).

It says 16% of ppl arrested for DV are women. Come on now. The risks aren't even close to comparable.

Most of the fights on the show seem rather theatrical to me. I think ppl are more freaked out by Steven and Olga bc 1) pregnancy/childbirth is a big trigger for DV, 2) they've only had a few mins of air time and he was verbally bullying her right out of the gate, 3) she seems so meek and 4) verbal abuse is a big predictor of DV. I'm not condemning him; it might not amount to anything. But his behavior seems creepier to me than the more melodramatic activities of the other couples. 

2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

Jonathan should have told his mother about Fernanda before posting it on social media.   I remember at a wedding my brother’s girlfriend went around introducing herself as my brother’s fiancé.  I knew she was blowing smoke but my mother was very hurt, even after she found out they really were not engaged.  I can how his mother might be a tad bitter but she should have had the conversation regarding her reservations about the marriage with her son sans Fernanda. 

Maybe Fernanda posted it o FB and tagged Jonathan? I can see an 18 y/o doing that without considering the possible fall out.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I do know that if I were in Leida's position, I'd be pissed about having to clean that sty in order to make it habitable, and after that still be sharing the apartment and having my kid sleeping on an air mattress next to my bed.  Leida failed at being polite, but that's minor compared to the failures that have led them to be in this position in the first place. 

Leida failed in that she chose a lazy, slovenly guy who can't take care of himself much less a wife and a young stepchild.  And don't forget that he already has an underage child he is at least in part responsible for.  I think Leida is suffering the consequences of her own poor decision making for the sake of getting to the USA. I don't have any sympathy for her.  She had to clean the messy place? She is misdirecting her anger. She needs to look at that waste of space she intends to marry.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

It says 16% of ppl arrested for DV are women. Come on now. The risks aren't even close to comparable.

Most of the fights on the show seem rather theatrical to me. I think ppl are more freaked out by Steven and Olga bc 1) pregnancy/childbirth is a big trigger for DV, 2) they've only had a few mins of air time and he was verbally bullying her right out of the gate, 3) she seems so meek and 4) verbal abuse is a big predictor of DV. I'm not condemning him; it might not amount to anything. But his behavior seems creepier to me than the more melodramatic activities of the other couples. 

Right it's 16% because most men will never report that their wives are abusing them but women self report that they totally hit their husbands and equal amounts as men. If verbal abuse  is a big predictor of violence then we need to pray for Asuleu, Jon and Jorge.

• Love 2