Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, millennium said:

It struck me as funny when Kalani said "My sister Kalini came for a visit."   The only time Kalini hasn't been sharing screen time with these two was during the infamous Cheetos Odyssey from Cali to Utah. 

None of them seem to have jobs or other adult obligations; even my 15 year old was wondering about that.  Kalini looks like she's had an upper face transplant because only the bottom of her mouth moves when she talks.  And, don't get me started on their mother's hair.  Ick.  

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Fairy tales about a parent siding with a new abusive spouse against his/her child?  Off to look up the meaning of "fairy tale," because that situation is the antithesis of a fairy tale, as I've always understood the term, at least.

Hansel and Gretel, off the top of my head.   Woodsman marries new wife, new wife says we don't have enough food so get rid of your children, and off into the forest they go.   Leida knows the stories.   She even said, "I don't care if I am the evil stepmother." 

12 minutes ago, readheaded said:

None of them seem to have jobs or other adult obligations; even my 15 year old was wondering about that.  Kalini looks like she's had an upper face transplant because only the bottom of her mouth moves when she talks.  And, don't get me started on their mother's hair.  Ick.  

Their primary occupation seems to be going to restaurants.   This show seems to think real life consists of patronizing local eateries and bars any time a topic requires discussion.   Like Ashley having her friends meet her at a winery so she can tell them she's eloping.   I'd be like, "This is why I got dressed up and drove out here?   You couldn't have told me over the phone?"

Edited by millennium
  • Love 20

Larissa is right!  Why is everyone meddling in her marriage???  

Debbie has to go! It is Colt’s money and not hers.  Debbie is not sleeping Colt.  She doesn’t get any wifey benefits if she doesn’t have to screw him!  Lol!

If Debbie wants to stay then she needs to be nice to Larissa.  She is so controlling with Colt and NO wife to be would like that.

Colt is gonna get a big tax break when he gets marry!  More than enough to pay for their small wedding and green card.  Suck it, Debbie! 

The ring is FAKE!  (Or, very low quality since Colt only wants to spend money like it is 1930 prices!)

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

He absolutely needed to stand up for her when the cousin called her a bitch and insisted she was a gold digger.

Yeah, it's not like she's trying to get him to stop paying child support...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Unsolicited parenting advice: Under no circumstances should one side with a new, abusive spouse against one's child.   There are fairy tales about this kind of thing, minus "take your shit and get out" but the sentiment is the same.

Did anyone think Eric was in a board meeting when Leida called him to bitch about Tasha and maybe that's why he was so upset?

46 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Fairy tales about a parent siding with a new abusive spouse against his/her child?  Off to look up the meaning of "fairy tale," because that situation is the antithesis of a fairy tale, as I've always understood the term, at least.

And thank you for starting off my day with the amazing snark.  :-)  Choked on my diet coke at the thought of Eric in a board meeting!!  Pretty sure that mental image will stay with me for a while and prompt a snort every time the thought runs through my head.  ;-)

31 minutes ago, millennium said:

Hansel and Gretel, off the top of my head.   Woodsman marries new wife, new wife says we don't have enough food so get rid of your children, and off into the forest they go.   Leida knows stories.   She even said, "I don't care if I am the evil stepmother." 

Ah, thank you for clarifying, as I was thinking of "fairy tale" used as an adjective to mean something along the lines of picture-perfect, happy to the extreme, circumstances aligning in a way that is unlikely but leads to a crazy wonderful ending, and so on (such as a "fairy tale romance," for example).  Whereas, you were referring to actual fairy tales (as in, "fairy tale" used as a noun), which doesn't necessarily have the same positive connotation as it does when used to describe something.

And actually, thinking of Leida as a fantastical, not-really-human character is actually somewhat comforting because, when it comes to that level of crazy, bitchy, self-centeredness, the more degrees of separation, the better.....  ;-)

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 4

A few people have referenced the racist comments made about Ashley and Jay on her wedding website.  I read something about that on another sites and am going to post it in their topic thread since this episode forum isn't the place for that.

I went to bed early last night because I was sick and had no desire to see this show.  It sounds like nothing much is new.  Terrible behavior by most parties and a lack of common sense all around!

26 minutes ago, readheaded said:

He embarrasses her and she's ashamed to be seen with him, which is ironic because he cleans up better than her and has way more reason to act like a simpleton than she does.

I could see this. He was probably interesting and exotic in Samoa, and now he obviously sticks out in their OC world. I really feel for him because he honestly seems like a nice guy. When he cried because Kalani rejects his attempts to smooth over disagreements with cuddles, I felt bad. I respect that Kalani doesn’t want to be touched and Asuelu should as well, but she just treats him so badly. If the roles were reversed, people would be appalled.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

@Toaster Strudel I thought Debbie was cute until she made Larissa pick between the dress and the green card.

I don’t condone fake sham green card marriages or any form of immigration fraud, but that was awful on Debbie’s part. Just cruel. She and her son enjoying calling the shots about having all the power and money in the house. And it’s abusive.

I didn’t care for Debbie at all in the beginning because I’ve been there, done that with mama’s boys, and the innocent granny types can be the most manipulative of their sons and their relationships. I’m sure Debbie is a perfectly nice person off camera, but I knew that she was going to start shit behind closed doors and then pretend to be an innocent party when called out. She knew she was going to Cousin Coltee and badmouthing Colt’s relationship.

I don’t care for her reminders to Larissa about Colt paying for things either. He took a woman with no money of her own and brought her here. Legally, he has to provide for her. 

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 20

So, Colt not sticking up for Larissa??? He is sitting there with his shit eating grin.

That all happened at Larrissa’s house?? More reason to move out and start fresh since people see that house as Debbies and Colts.

I see Ashley is gonna keep blaming everything on the fake made-up racist comments. People are skeptical because he is a 20 year old green card husband that she will need to support legally for 10 years!

Ashley is supposed to be a grown ass woman with two small children that should be her top priority. She also has a history of bad relationships.  This is the real reason family and friends are worried.  Then she needs to marry him in 90 days.  This is not common for regular American marriage. Whatever, girl!  

Her cameras are a joke!  People would rather shoplift from Home Goods!  Easier!

Who is Jenika?  A daughter good enough to be the babysitter for Aless??  Free babysitting, too! Leida is a joke!

Why does Leida forget she has a kid?? ALL the kids need to be top priority.  Not just Aless.

I have never seen Leida interact with Aless since the show started.

Omg!  Every scene Olga is breastfeeding.  Lol!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

So, Colt not sticking up for Larissa??? He is sitting there with his shit eating grin.

That all happened at Larrissa’s house?? More reason to move out and start fresh since people see that house as Debbies and Colts.

I see Ashley is gonna keep blaming everything on the fake made-up racist comments. People are skeptical because he is a 20 year old green card husband that she will need to support legally for 10 years!

Ashley is supposed to be a grown ass woman with two small children that should be her top priority. She also has a history of bad relationships.  This is the real reason family and friends are worried.  Then she needs to marry him in 90 days.  This is not common for regular American marriage. Whatever, girl!  

Her cameras are a joke!  People would rather shoplift from Home Goods!  Easier!

Who is Jenika?  A daughter good enough to be the babysitter for Aless??  Free babysitting, too! Leida is a joke!

Why does Leida forget she has a kid?? ALL the kids need to be top priority.  Not just Aless.

I have never seen Leida interact with Aless since the show started.

Omg!  Every scene Olga is breastfeeding.  Lol!

Probably because she's a captive audience to Steven's wrath and stupidity when she's nursing, which makes for better TV.  When she's not nursing, she probably finds ways to be away from Steven.  Also, the baby's so young, he probably needs to nurse all the time.  Some babies just need to nurse often; my oldest son was like that.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Did anyone think Eric was in a board meeting when Leida called him to bitch about Tasha and maybe that's why he was so upset?

Board of what?   Maybe an AA meeting, that’d be a good thing. 

• Love 10

Ahhh, Jenika is the daughter that Eric is paying child support. 

I see now why Leida is changing her tune a little bit.

’ I like her now so that Aless can have someone to be with.’ 

Leida finds no time in using people to do her mothering.

You hear that Jenika??? That is going to be you on your 18th birthday!  Hahahahahaha!  Step-monster! 

Leida doesn’t understand that if a man treats their own daughter like shit.....he will also treat her like shit.

Leida is going to have to spend a lot of time on Eric’s stick and earn every bit of that green card! 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Honey said:

Is Eric supporting one child under the age of 18? In NY anyway child support is 18% of wages, so if he is paying $1,000/month, he's making $5,500 /month or $66,000/year.

If he is supporting 2 kids it's 22% of wages, so if he's paying $1,000/month he's making $4,500/month or $54,000/year.

These are what the figures are in NY (the last I knew), I can't imagine they're that much different in WI.

He's making okay money, so where is all of his money going?

He’s saving for the house he’ll put the Princess and her son in.  After she divorces him, she will get the house probably, and up his ass.  She’ll wipe him dry, and I hope Tasha spits in his face.

• Love 6

Fernanda better be careful, or she might get what she wishes for...a Colt/Debbie relationship for Jon and his mother.  If he were close to his mother, I am sure she would advise him against marrying a 20 year old girl from a different culture, who is insanely jealous of him.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Larissa, I really want you to go away. He tells you to spend $1000 or less, and you pick a dress that’s more than double that price. Colt will be bankrupt soon. Mom, keep on drinking, just don’t wind up in detox because of it.

Coltie doesn't seem to be unwilling to spend money on things that are important to him.  His grill is a Big Green Egg, and that model costs at least $600, probably more depending on how big the grill surface is.  Of course, he and/or Debbie may be outstanding cooks whose skills require such an indulgence.  I agree, btw, that it's stupid to spend a lot of money on a wedding dress--and in LV, couldn't you find one to rent?  or buy used?--but jeebus, how many times is he going to set Larissa up and knock her down?

Where is there evidence that Debbie drinks?  That's an avoidable expense right there.  I have seen a *photoshopped* picture of her with a Crown Royal bottle in her purse, but that's clearly faked.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I doubt he's making that much money. Leida probably exaggerated how much he's paying just like she exaggerated everything else.  

I do know what his job is, but I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to say that here. Let's just say he probably makes about 18K.

If he is what he is alleged to be, an avionics technician, he's making about $55,000--which is in line with the $1000/month child support payment.

If he is picking and choosing which bills to pay every month, I am surprised that he was so willing to make Tasha leave.  OTOH, he is now making $1000/episode from TLC, so there's an extra $4000/month.  Maybe he can afford to buy a house?  If Leida leaves and he is dropped from the show, more than his heart will be broken.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

She is Eric’s other daughter. The one he’s paying child support for...Jenika has to earn her keep somehow!

• Love 9
11 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Tasha needs to get her name of the lease. Stat! 

That alone is probably enough to get him evicted.

Unless he is able to persuade his landlady that his extra $4000/month from TLC is permanent.  That extra money--almost doubling his pay--puts him in another financial category I'm sure.

All the more reason to root for Leida's leaving the show!

• Love 4

I was super disappointed when we saw Tasha's room. It wasn't remotely gross. It looked like a 19 year old's bedroom. And how extremely shitty must it have been for her to have to pack it up, alone, and shlep it all downstairs and across the parking lot to her truck, alone, while being berated by Leida the entire way. 

Leida's "put it proper" standards are impossible to pin down. I still don't know how you can load someone's luggage into a trunk incorrectly, and Leida should really have a look at the average dorm room. Yeah, she had clothes spread out all over the place, but I didn't see any weeks-old dishes or nasty ground-in stains on the carpet. And she only had a futon to sleep on...Jesus, Eric is a terrible father. Leida is a temporary irritation; she's going to have to be his daughter for life

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

I was super disappointed when we saw Tasha's room. It wasn't remotely gross. It looked like a 19 year old's bedroom. And how extremely shitty must it have been for her to have to pack it up, alone, and shlep it all downstairs and across the parking lot to her truck, alone, while being berated by Leida the entire way. 

Leida's "put it proper" standards are impossible to pin down. I still don't know how you can load someone's luggage into a trunk incorrectly, and Leida should really have a look at the average dorm room. Yeah, she had clothes spread out all over the place, but I didn't see any weeks-old dishes or nasty ground-in stains on the carpet. And she only had a futon to sleep on...Jesus, Eric is a terrible father. Leida is a temporary irritation; she's going to have to be his daughter for life

Yeah, at most, I’d say her room was disorganized. A few items from Ikea and the Container Store would have kept the space nicer because I mostly saw clothes and accessories everywhere. Not trash.

• Love 8

I feel bad for Asuelo. I could see a fun-loving American wife with a Jenny McCarthy-type personality adoring him and appreciating his unique zest for life and the cultural differences he brings to a relationship with an American. I feel like if he stays with the Kardashian-wannabe all the cool things about him will be slowly exorcised from his being. It's sad. 

Edited by GoGamecox
  • Love 20

Leida is so despicable for suggesting Eric stop paying his child support but ultimately this is on him.  I think she’s a rotten she-beast with the maternal instincts of a cockroach, but I always get the impression that she thinks Eric’s child support is taking away from her lifestyle because that’s what he told her.  Like he was making excuses while she was in Indonesia to say what she wanted to hear to get what he wanted.  He probably blamed not being able to do anything on paying child support.  “No, I can’t buy you that bag, I have to pay my child support.”  “I’m sorry you want to stay at the Four Seasons, but I had to pay child support.”  What dick lint he is.  

And why is the court-ordered support (if it is in fact court-ordered) even an issue?  It’s automatic like paying taxes, so the budget should be formed around the support.  What Eric clears is what he has to work with. If his gross is $2500, and support is $500, then his budget is the net $2000, not $2500 but he had to pay the $500.  Stop counting money that you can’t access jackasses!!!

• Love 17
3 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Maybe it’s because in my culture, parents love to have their kids in the home for as long as possible, but I found the treatment of Tasha appalling. She’s 19! She doesn’t have the education or means to comfortably afford an apartment easily. Leida is just a cold hearted bitch. She not only kicked Tasha out, but she did it in front of 2 kids. Eric is just as bad...the tone he took when he told Tasha to get out was terrible and cruel. He needed her to help make ends meet and that’s what he does to her. Tasha is better off.

But they all said that she wasn't really even staying there, she's been staying at her BF's place most of the time, so she's only keeping that room to get under Leida's skin.  Time for her to move on.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Noooo!  What 19 year old do you know???  It has nothing to do with age.  Either, you are a clean person.  Or, you are a dirty person.  It was beyond disgusting.  Tasha will be a 30 year old living in filth. 

Exactly!  Where was the futon mattress to the frame???

I also noticed there was a pile of blankets and pillows next to the kids playing video games.  They are sleeping on the floor.

Shame on Eric.  That man should have a house.  He should bring up his kids to be clean.

The only thing that is 19 year appropriate in their situation is that inexpensive apartment.

I am glad to see  the kids mom put Leida in her place.

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I hope this is how it works. I have a sinking feeling Steven wants to take the baby to America and leave Olga in Russia, never to see her baby again. Just how he intends to support and care for the baby is not important enough for him to think about because he has the mentality of a child himself. Every time I see Olga propped up in bed in that dismal apartment breast feeding her baby while Steven is bitching and complaining my heart breaks. 

I have exited Russia a half dozen times, as an American tourist, without carrying a damn baby, and it involves, at a minimum, standing in front of a guy in an immigration booth while he scrutinizes my passport, passport stamps, visa, and police registration forms. A month ago I had five Russian officers in my train compartment at the Kazakhstan border looking at my passport with magnifying glasses and black lights and interrogating me about dates of entry, etc.  If your papers aren't in order, they don't let you leave until that's corrected. 

Steven isn't exactly Jason Bourne, he's not getting out of Russia with the baby unless Olga signs off on it.  She just has to decide whether she'd rather raise her baby in shitty corrupt Russia, where she has all the power over Steven, or move to the baby to the USA, and then, if Steven turns out to be a psycho, she won't be able to take the baby back to Russia without his permission.

• Love 24
45 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

She is Eric’s other daughter. The one he’s paying child support for...Jenika has to earn her keep somehow!

Leida, is that you?

Haha, no.. but seriously, I can absolutely picture something like that coming out of her mouth. She strikes me as someone who will find any way that she can to claw back that support money, including using Eric's kid as subsidized child care.

• Love 7

I'm starting to feel like I should be on this show, whining about how my expectations are not being met, because I just want to watch trashy people behaving like trash so I can laugh at them.  I don't want to hate some of them so much that I just stare at the TV in a numb rage for five minutes after a scene ends.  Cousin Coltee, Leida, Eric and Steven....I swear to god, I just wanted to smash all their faces in last night.  

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, GoGamecox said:

I feel bad for Asuelo. I could see a fun-loving American wife with a Jenny McCarthy-type personality adoring him and appreciating his unique zest for life and the cultural differences he brings to a relationship with an American. I feel like if he stays with the Kardashian-wannabe all the cool things about him will be slowly exorcised from his being. It's sad. 

She will crush the life out of anyone she is with, too bad it has to be Asuelo, who seems to be a genuine, gentle man who loves life.  

• Love 16

I am not sure how much further down the rabbit hole this show will continue to spiral. The people and situations they are willing to show continue to get exponentially worse with each passing episode. 

It's a toss-up for the worst moment of the show, between Eric's "get your shit and get out" comment and Steven trying to plan to take a baby away from his own mother. 

I realize that Steven would need Olga's permission to take the baby, so let's just hope he doesn't bully Olga into giving it to him. 

I am on Tasha's side and I don't blame her for the way she acted even if she left her stuff there and said not to touch it just to get back at them a little bit. After all she was being kicked out of her own apartment. Who knows how long homeless Eric didn't help with the bills when she took him in. Children, no matter what age, still want the love of their parents and defend them as she did Eric, even if said parent is a giant douche canoe. She was reacting to the guy she took in thanking her hospitality by throwing her under the bus and rejecting her in the worst way. To see a parent treat his own child like that was rough. She might have acted somewhat badly but she acted more mature and calmer than either Leida or Eric. It seemed like she may have been somewhat in denial of her dads rejection of her over the evil she-beast and was purposely dragging her feet to see how he would react. To see her finally realize his true colors was heart breaking. 

• Love 23

I am always amazed (and I know it's for drama) that NONE of these people have serious conversations until AFTER they come over and spend all this money.

I know you get engaged quickly but you would think that if you were settling down and being serious about a forever, they would ask questions about the very BASIC foundations of what matters to each, what they value and what the expectations are.

Heck, on dating websites I don't look at men who smoke, agnostic or who are short. I know I could be limiting myself but those are deal breakers for me. I think it's funny that these people don't know the basics of what matters (other than looks I guess) and hope to find a sustaining relationship. It blows my mind. 

They are all quite terrible, and I know they up the drama factor but this really? They are all terrible and they are all just looking for fame and for their own selfish motivations.

My brother married a woman from China and they did the whole K1 Visa. They really didn't know each other that well but enough to know about raising children and how they would get along. She's not my cup of tea but they do have the most adorable 2 year old boy who I can't get enough of. 

Edited by emjohnson03
  • Love 9
49 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Noooo!  What 19 year old do you know???  It has nothing to do with age.  Either, you are a clean person.  Or, you are a dirty person.  It was beyond disgusting.  Tasha will be a 30 year old living in filth. 

Exactly!  Where was the futon mattress to the frame???

I also noticed there was a pile of blankets and pillows next to the kids playing video games.  They are sleeping on the floor.

Shame on Eric.  That man should have a house.  He should bring up his kids to be clean.

The only thing that is 19 year appropriate in their situation is that inexpensive apartment.

I am glad to see  the kids mom put Leida in her place.

Idk, when i was 19 i never even made my bed, or closed cabinets, and did laundry incorrectly. Learned those skills over time. Now as a fully mature adult i know how to clean and have the discipline for it. 

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Beyond disgusting? So what does a Hoarders flattened cat carcass found amongst rotting food rate as, if clothes on the floor is so gross that 'disgusting' is a vast understatement? I feel like 'dirty person' and Leida's off-the-cuff accusation of Tasha having to be mentally ill to live like that are both big, cruel leaps, made by someone who doesn't understand what actual filth is. Unless she's causing damage to the place that Eric will have to pay for, or is leaving things out and accessible to Alessandro that would be dangerous to him, it's really not that deep. Common areas, fine, be annoyed about that (though I still think the living areas were "trashed" by both father and daughter), but Leida was barging past a closed bedroom door to find something to be pissed about, and creating entire ranges of mountains out of molehills. 

We can agree to disagree but you don’t have to live with a cat carcasss to find a place disgusting.  Hahahah!

You have to remember that is not a ‘junk room’ we all may (or, may not have in our house).  You don’t get to close the door and only go in there once in a while when you have to store more junk. 

That was her small bedroom.  She has to live in there.  24/7. How is she comfortable??  

Yes, it is true.  People living in filth is a form of mental illness. It is a type of depression where they can’t do even the most basic tasks. 

But, Leida is horrible.  Instead, of helping her she made it all about herself.  She wants that bedroom for Aless and whatever it takes Leida will get her way.

I noticed Jenika didn’t look clean and her hair was matted.  Leida is going to make it so that Jenika will refuse to come over because she doesn’t like Leida.  Next week we will see Leida disrespecting the Ex-wife.

It won’t be long until Leida has Eric all to herself. 

5 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

That is not true. There was a scene where she shoved a bottle of water at him and grunted.😂

Yes!  I saw that scene today.  A bottled water that SHE  was drinking!

• Love 5