Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I don't see Eric as the type to accept money from someone else or want Leida to make more money so she can be the provider. I don't think his ego would allow it. He might have been insulted by leida's dad's offer of money. Hard to tell because he is not one to make obvious facial expressions. I find it hard to believe that he is poor or lives the way he does due to lack of money, as others have said. He believes that he will live the way he wants, lack of furniture, messy hovel or not, and Leida and her son should suck it up and enjoy it. If he had any motivation or cared at all he would have provided a place to sit and sleep before they got there.  His zero motivation certainly showed through when the messy apartment was pointed out on day 1 and then on day 2 it was still exactly the same. Even down to the detail of the crust covered spatula lying on the stove. He was presumably alone in the apartment for several hours at night while Leida stayed with her parents and he didn't lift one finger to clean up one single item?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

Lol I felt the same way after this week's episode. He's awful, but I also see him. Hopefully watching himself on camera will help - as much as it can help any TLC reality show participant - and he'll do whatever he needs to do to sort himself out, including treatment if it is a mental health issue.

And for his daughter, I just hope she gets some room from him. Not necessarily cut contact or anything, but he made an already problematic situation worse by blaming her entirely for their shared living situation. That was nasty of him, but that aside I think she'd fare better with a decent amount of distance from that profoundly negative/depressed energy of his. 

Another thing that I thought was pretty telling was just how KIND is ex-wife was to him (she was beyond civil co-parenting, but at the same time you could tell she had zero interest in ever remarrying him).

That tells me that perhaps his ex-wife (who’s obviously known him for ages, and knows him very well) can see he’s not in a good place right now.

He reminds me of how sometimes when high-profile men (politicians, celebrities) get falsely accused of something and then their ex-wives/ex-girlfriends [who you’d normally expect to be spiteful and all Schadenfreud] will come forward to defend him and make public statements like, “in all the 20 years that I’ve known him, he’s never laid a finger on a woman”, etc. And that’s you know the accusations went too far from the truth. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I mean I guess you could argue she’s just a decent human being, but her kindness really had me wondering where he is in life right now... 😐🥤

Edited by CSS.MD
  • Love 5
Just now, CSS.MD said:

Another thing that I thought was pretty telling was just how KIND is ex-wife was to him (she was beyond civil co-parenting, but at the same time you could tell she had zero interest in ever remarrying him).

That tells me that his ex-wife (who’s obviously known him for ages, and knows him very well) can see he’s not in a good place right now.

He reminds me of sometimes when high-profile men (politicians, celebrities) get falsely accused of something and then their ex-wives/ex-girlfriends [who you’d normally expect to be spiteful and all Schadenfreud] defend him and make public statements like, “in all the 20 years that I’ve known him, he’s never laid a finger on a woman”, etc. And that’s you know the accusations went too far from the truth. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I mean I guess you could argue she’s just a decent human being, but her kindness really had me wondering where he is in life right now... 🥤

I had a similar thought. As of now, I can't see why anyone would want to be with Eric unless they had an ulterior motive. As has been said, there's no there there: he's not attractive, he doesn't seem to be kind or funny or charming, he appears to have some financial struggles, and his place really is awful (although a deep clean would probably do it a world of good. Even if his daughter IS creating the mess, he's just leaving it there to fester). He has a kind of beaten-down air about him. But his ex-wife came across as a good, sensible person who probably would not have been with the Eric we're seeing now, which makes me wonder if he's going through some things. Maybe he's in a state of depression after his military career ended.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Raja said:

I think daddy and auntie/sister  are supporting their little girl's reality stardom dreams to some extent.  Mommy and baby brother are along for the ride, and the American vacation when they ditch the TLC camera and it stays with Leida.

Yes!  I was thinking what is this family telling their affluent wealthy high society friends back in Indonesia?

They must be lying and saying it is all fake for TV.  

Probably looking for fame in Indonesia.  Daddy can get on a doctors show, etc. 

Leida really has no true reaction to anything.  If she was truly pampered no way she stays in that disgusting apartment and  would accept dad’s money for a nicer place.

Dorothy Wang....Leida is NOT!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, iwasish said:

Fernanda explained her hot headed behavior was due to her being a “Latin Woman” so I’m thinking she doesn’t have any intention of changing. 

And for all that the word is thrown around by all these people , do any of them even know what “ disrespect” means.  It seems like any time anyone does something they don’t like or is inconsiderate or thoughtless “ they are being disrespected” and must do battle!!

Just like Espicey Paola.  She won't change either.  She also likes the "disrespect" badge.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I don't see Eric as the type to accept money from someone else or want Leida to make more money so she can be the provider. I don't think his ego would allow it. He might have been insulted by leida's dad's offer of money. Hard to tell because he is not one to make obvious facial expressions. I find it hard to believe that he is poor or lives the way he does due to lack of money, as others have said. He believes that he will live the way he wants, lack of furniture, messy hovel or not, and Leida and her son should suck it up and enjoy it. If he had any motivation or cared at all he would have provided a place to sit and sleep before they got there.  His zero motivation certainly showed through when the messy apartment was pointed out on day 1 and then on day 2 it was still exactly the same. Even down to the detail of the crust covered spatula lying on the stove. He was presumably alone in the apartment for several hours at night while Leida stayed with her parents and he didn't lift one finger to clean up one single item?

He doesn’t care.  Cameras all up in there and millions of us watching and apartment super disgusting.  Eric looks like the type to pee outside the toilet as well.

Good luck....Leida!  You will make it work by putting on some rubber gloves and sprinkling that Ajax everywhere! Scrub....scrub...Scrub!  Shame on her for bringing Aless into that world.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I think I know why Eric has no money. He is skipping out on work to secretively attend the Steve Bannon school of personal hygiene. He has the unwashed half-drunk-lying in a gutter part down, now he just needs to work on being more toad-like. 

haHA! Good one!

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

LOL... good question! I think that Eric is too lethargic to be a gold digger.

Maybe he's just not that ambitious.  After all, it's just as easy to love a rich girl as a poor girl. Maybe easier when her father offers to move you out of reach of domestic child support attachments. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Awfarmington said:

It was the same vetting process Hazel’s parents used. 

You see.  We have nothing bad to say about Hazel and Annie.  Those two will make it work and they are desperately escaping poverty.

Annie’s parents will never receive another water buffalo and Hazel will never bring her son to America.... but, they look like hustlers.

Leida, won’t even carry her own suitcase up a flight of stairs.  No explanation given.  She is just a brat!  Hello!  You are home.  Not at a hotel.  😂 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I bet you a million dollars AIDS it is not a part of his thought process, he has been so super incular in Shamwow and the fact that he won't wear a condom makes me think his sex ed is limited and that what he does know was taught to him by a guy who did not have the facts straight.  It is a wonder how Asuela has had only one child.

My kids went to an upperclass, white high school.   Sex Ed was taught but by the sexual habits of their friends, you have to wonder where their friends were when the material was taught.   My kids are constantly telling them the facts of sex and how to stay safe.   Maybe it’s because they have been so insulted or they just don’t think anything will happen to them.   But these kids think they are immune to STDs because they are white and wealthy, only having sex with kids that are like them.

Asuelo may have more than one child.   We just don’t know about it.   Also, his sexual norms and habits come from his cultural beliefs.   Granted he might not have the facts straight but his beliefs regarding sex, protection, and STDs are the norm for many cultures.  

The point I’m trying to make is that his beliefs regarding sex is common, not necessarily in correlation to his intelligence.  

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

My kids went to an upperclass, white high school.   Sex Ed was taught but by the sexual habits of their friends, you have to wonder where their friends were when the material was taught.   My kids are constantly telling them the facts of sex and how to stay safe.   Maybe it’s because they have been so insulted or they just don’t think anything will happen to them.   But these kids think they are immune to STDs because they are white and wealthy, only having sex with kids that are like them.

Asuelo may have more than one child.   We just don’t know about it.   Also, his sexual norms and habits come from his cultural beliefs.   Granted he might not have the facts straight but his beliefs regarding sex, protection, and STDs are the norm for many cultures.  

The point I’m trying to make is that his beliefs regarding sex is common, not necessarily in correlation to his intelligence.  

The shocking tidbit  is that Kalani told him it was a good idea to use condoms.  She quit her job to spend time with her boyfriend but didn’t bother to get some birth control.  Those two,  will make more babies and it is Kalani’s fault.

Sex education Educator......will not be blame for this!  

Girls like Kalani like to stay pregnant. They are very manipulative.

They love to play victims.  Make everyone around miserable and responsible for their bad choices.  This is Kalani’s storyline.  

• Love 7
16 hours ago, iwasish said:

If a white man walked into that barber shop, I would think those men talking to Jay might take a second look also. But again, it’s how they treat him that is important. 

About he barber shop - that scene could NOT have been more staged! No way will a bunch of guys be that heavy handed and didactic with a guy they just met, insisting he not marry. They wouldn't give a damn. They might joke and say, "run!". But it seemed like the entire group spent 5 mins chanting in unison, "Do NO"T get married. Do NOT get married. Do NOT get married." If there are truly only a few Black guys in the area, you'd think, if anything, they'd encourage him to stay.

9 hours ago, queenjen said:

What I got out of this exchange was Asuelu refusing to engage with her unless she spoke to him politely. I noticed he refused to speak to the angry sack of hair, or acknowledge her UNLESS she said 'please'. She fussed at him for not wearing a seatbelt, and he ignored her until she added 'please'. Same with arriving at the Utah house. He retrieved the luggage after she said 'please'. Meanwhile, Kalani is telling us how much Asuelu has to learn about 'having a kid' in America. Formula, diapers and school cost money, you can't just run out the back and get him a piece of pineapple, she said. What she isn't telling us, or what the dimbulb has missed completely, is that in Samoa, there'd be extended family loving on that little man and teaching him and looking out for him. Asuelu plugging his ears made him look childish to us, but he was really just telling her 'I'm not engaging with you until you speak to me respectfully'. It's Kalani that needs to do some learning here. Asuelu is at least proving willing and loving and commited. 

OK, but he continued w/ his silent treatment into the next day! That's a sign of passive-aggression. He's a weak man whose hands are tied and has no leverage in this relationship. 

1 hour ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Larissa and her fiancé are doomed. He is a cruel man in a purple dress shirt. 

LOLOL

1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

I don't get it. He works at a resort and smashes tourists. He said when he and Kalani broke up bc she said she isn't really into brown guys, he thought, "oh well, back to doing what I normally do with women" (smashing). He literally said that to Kalani and Kalini right before the move to Utah. And he was not at all confused about what the condom was when Nick gave it to him. What are the cultural beliefs he's operating under? Sounds like just a random irresponsible guy to me. But I am genuinely curious how the beliefs might differ in Samoa.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 4

It takes me several days to watch all of this! And I haven't read the whole thread!

Devar 2.0 and dried up Jessica Simpson- I just find them boring.  All their drama is gross.  I understand what he was telling the barber , that his first choice isn't marriage he'd rather live with her and get to know her (giving her the d every night) before they decide on marriage, but marriage is the only way legally for him to get to know her day in and day out for 3 months.

Larissa/Colte- The man is a sadist.  He only took her to propose there because she knows she's terrified of heights and it keeps her in line (I'll give you a happy moment and what you want, but only on my terms and so you know that I'm still in control).  They didn't even kiss after they got engaged!  Only later in the photobooth and it was a stretch your lips out kiss at a distance instead of like a "I love you" kiss.  Their whole situation is so weird.  I feel she is running from something in Brazil and he wanted to give her a way out , but one that would benefit him and make her beholden to him sort of thing.

Cheeto and Asa- This man is too innocent for this world.  He's what? 23?  Like he knows anything about small babies!  She either needs to give him a book to read on how to handle babies when they are small or they need to attend a baby care class together.  She's looking for a way out.  I feel Asa will work hard doing hard work in order to provide for them while she stays at home and eats cheetos and ropes her mom and sister into caring for her kid.  That's in her best interests instead of being a single mom with no income and totally living off her parents and under their control, so she needs to make it work.

Mexican Barbie/ douche Ken- They bore me- they have basically been fighting over the same thing for 3 weeks now.  Doucheman Ken creates these doucey situations: the underware, the dancing at the club, Not telling his family (and making her take the fall) and then is surprised when she is upset and acts like a 19 year old.  Instead of making it easier for her, he's the one creating all the messes to begin with.  She is beautiful and honestly could do better with someone hotter and a better person than him.  If he has all this money, he could fly back and forth to Mexico and get to know her for a few years before insisting they marry.  I feel that she has been honest and open with him (it looks like from pictures that he met and was involved in knowing her family) while he hid things from her and his family.  I hope she ends up leaving him.

Vile Ledia and eyebags- WTH?????  They are both so gross.  By contrast, Ledia's family seems lovely and rational.  I'm sure they can't wait to unload her and her crazy and I think all their concern is really about AHLISS.  I hope he goes back with them.  Maybe it's all a big fake drama so that Eric could get his daughter on the show (so she would get paid); so they had to create a fight to have her on several times this season.  Eric is the saddest sack I've ever seen.  I'm sure Ledia will find out if they are ever on their own , that Eric is a filthy pig that creates messes and never picks up.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

He doesn’t care.  Cameras all up in there and millions of us watching and apartment super disgusting.  Eric looks like the type to pee outside the toilet as well.

Good luck....Leida!  You will make it work by putting on some rubber gloves and sprinkling that Ajax everywhere! Scrub....scrub...Scrub!  Shame on her for bringing Aless into that world.

As much as the mess upset Leida, Eric didn't even bother putting that pan away! I'll bet he sat there alone in his hovel sighing with relief and drinking until it was time to pass out.

My guess is that Leida's dad will buy a bed for little Alessandro so that his grandson doesn't have to sleep on the floor. He'd better not buy one that is too nice or Eric will take it.

Leida's sister seems to be the spokesperson for the family's wishes because her English is probably the best. She realizes that Leida is in a bad situation that can only get worse. Eric really did catfish her! And, he doesn't care! I think he wants a woman to cook and clean his house and have sex with him.

Their small town must be chattering away about this couple. Leida's cruelty. Eric's weapons in the corner. And, what if he is a drunk? There is potential for neglect and abuse in this situation. I'm not saying it will happen. I hope and pray that it doesn't! Still, I hope Alessandro's future teachers are on notice in case they see anything wrong.  Also, this is going to be a VERY difficult time of adjustment for that little boy so I wouldn't expect him to be on his best behavior. Not by a long shot. He's going to be missing the rest of his family and the life he knew back in his home country, familiar faces, familiar climate, familiar language, even familiar foods.  Not to mention going from a nice house to a hovel!

If Alessandro wound up in the hands of Social Services, Leida's parents would be back in the country to take him in a heartbeat, and that might be best for all concerned.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Mexican Barbie/ douche Ken- They bore me- they have basically been fighting over the same thing for 3 weeks now.  Doucheman Ken creates these doucey situations: the underware, the dancing at the club, Not telling his family (and making her take the fall) and then is surprised when she is upset and acts like a 19 year old.  Instead of making it easier for her, he's the one creating all the messes to begin with.  She is beautiful and honestly could do better with someone hotter and a better person than him.  If he has all this money, he could fly back and forth to Mexico and get to know her for a few years before insisting they marry.  I feel that she has been honest and open with him (it looks like from pictures that he met and was involved in knowing her family) while he hid things from her and his family.  I hope she ends up leaving him.

That's what they had been doing for the past two years. At some point, she wanted a ring, i'm sure. And he wanted her within reach at all times.

6 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Vile Ledia and eyebags- WTH?????  They are both so gross.  By contrast, Ledia's family seems lovely and rational.  

IDK, they seem snooty and controlling to me. Even if they are polite.

3 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

That's what they had been doing for the past two years. At some point, she wanted a ring, i'm sure. And he wanted her within reach at all times.

That's true!  But, still she's so young, they could have at least waited until she could legally drink at their wedding.  And why are they getting married in Chicago?  His family is there?  Why not get married in Mexico so her family can attend and be involved?  He didn't even bother to tell his family or let them get to know her.  If they are in love; they are in love, but it annoys me that it seems like they have put no thought into it, lol.

• Love 1

I forgot Steven and Olga way over there in Russia!

The birth of their son was very sweet.  I hope he gets some help with his anger and impatience.  If he's aware that he grew up with not great examples and that his family has a problem; then he needs to put forth effort to change.  Olga was right in her assessment of him.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CSS.MD said:

I mean I guess you could argue she’s just a decent human being, but her kindness really had me wondering where he is in life right now... 😐🥤

that is very nice of you.  I, however, figured he has always been disagreeable and she finally had enough, hence the divorce. 

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Maybe he's in a state of depression after his military career ended.

that absolutely happens.  My dad was hit hard. 

• Love 2

I wish Kalani would buy Asuelu some big-boy clothes.  He's going to need long pants and long-sleeved shirts in Utah, isn't he?  I think at least part of his Big Baby look is how he is dressed, and I can't imagine that he is comfortable looking the way he does when everyone else is dressed differently.  Of course, that's true of other fiances, too--look at Larissa's skin-tight dresses with revealing cut-outs, hardly the normal day wear in Vegas, unless you're a showgirl or something. OTOH, she isn't allowed out of the house, so maybe she isn't aware of how odd her clothing is.  I don't know how 19-year-olds in NC dress--and I actually thought her gym outfit was OK--so I can't tsk-tsk at Fernanda.  Leida ironically seems most USA-normal in her clothing, given that she is from such a wealthy and successful family.  I'd have thought she'd be in silk sarongs day and night.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

That's true!  But, still she's so young, they could have at least waited until she could legally drink at their wedding.  And why are they getting married in Chicago?  His family is there?  Why not get married in Mexico so her family can attend and be involved?  He didn't even bother to tell his family or let them get to know her.  If they are in love; they are in love, but it annoys me that it seems like they have put no thought into it, lol.

She may or may not be able to travel abroad until she gets a green card. Depends on what country she is from. 

4 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I wish Kalani would buy Asuelu some big-boy clothes.  

I wish she would buy him some big boy BALLS!

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, snarkish said:

*wakes up and wipes drool off chin*...Oh, hi folks, is the episode over?

Indeed.

This season's crop of nincompoops just isn't doing it for me.  There's nothing interesting about any of them.  They're just annoying.  Of course I'll keep watching, in the hopes that Danielle, Darcey, Angela, Anfisa will get more air time.

I think for now though, I would actually rather watch the Duggars.......

• Love 5

Could someone explain to me why Leida's family is here? Her sister said they were here to approve of Eric and her new living conditions. They found them to be unacceptable. Her family told her they did not approve. Leida ignored their common sense saying, "We are going to make it work" regardless of their opinion. So why are they here exactly? TLC funded a free trip for her family to add to the "rich family" storyline? They (Leida and her sister) were adamant that she would have to return home if they didn't approve, as if she were some heiress in an arranged marriage with a huge dowry. Obviously Eric can not provide for himself, let alone a family. No way that rathole he lives in is more than $450/month which he splits with his daughter! If Leida held her own power to stay all along, then why the sham of "family approval"? Just seems ridiculous. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

haHA! Good one!

Maybe he's just not that ambitious.  After all, it's just as easy to love a rich girl as a poor girl. Maybe easier when her father offers to move you out of reach of domestic child support attachments.

I agree it is just as easy to love a rich or poor girl most definitely. But in the words of Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby- "Rich girls don't marry poor boys". And frankly even in today's times, it is still more rare than the other way around. Leida just wants the Green, she wants to live in the States,

• Love 3

I feel that Ledia's family can't wait to get rid of her.  I think they are quite aware of how weird and scary she is.  I honestly think they are there out of concern for her son; like they want to see that Ledia isn't getting herself into a situation where her son would be neglected or hurt.  Ledia herself doesn't seem at all concerned about the little boy and probably has not spent time much caring for him.  Just my thoughts and opinion.

• Love 13

Finally getting around to watching.  I have no words. Literally- I can't comment on any of it except to say FU** YOUUUU, Steven!!!! FU** YOUUUU!!! FU** YOUUUU!!!! FU** YOUUUU!!! Infinity! Sick to my stomach watching this a**hole!

If I could, I'd bring Olga to the states myself! 

She should've found some drugs from someone and slipped it in his suitcase, getting him locked up in Russia for however long that would be. Need therapy, princess boy??!! There you go!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Leida really has no true reaction to anything.

Not true! She has very visceral reactions to the placement of luggage in one's vehicle...Speaking of which, I think I can almost - and I cannot believe I'm about to even type this - see Leida's point about "PUTITINPROPER" because after seeing the shit hole of a mess that Eric lives in, he probably just tossed the luggage into the back of the car willy nilly and she's thinking of her stuff getting crushed. I can totally understand that because I don't like my luggage to be crushed under other bags, I prefer it to stand up on its side so nothing is crushed under the weight of other bags, and it also can destroy expensive luggage. So in summation, I canNOT believe that I actually understand the PUTITINPROPER now, but I do...I hate myself little bit...

17 minutes ago, Cammi said:

I agree it is just as easy to love a rich or poor girl most definitely. But in the words of Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby- "Rich girls don't marry poor boys". And frankly even in today's times, it is still more rare than the other way around. Leida just wants the Green, she wants to live in the States,

See, I dont really think she wants to live in the US, I just think she wants to be a social media famewhore and this is the path of least resistance and least output of effort. She's so lazy, she would never actually work for anything, this is easy. Go on a stupid fake reality show, make a lot of scenes and launch your website and social media platforms and sit at home picking fights with people online to stand out from the crowd. Her parents must be so proud...

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

She (Fernanda) may or may not be able to travel abroad until she gets a green card. Depends on what country she is from. 

True, but they could have had the ceremony in Mexico before she left with her family, who appear more invested in their relationship than his.  Granted, the ceremony in Mexico doesn’t have to be legal for immigration purposes.  They could just see a justice of the peace in the US. 

Like all of these 90 day relationships, I think this is a test drive.  Regardless, Jonathan should know the wedding is more important to her than him and accommodate accordingly.  But then I don’t think he cares, just worried more is keeping her under his control.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

True, but they could have had the ceremony in Mexico before she left with her family, who appear more invested in their relationship than his.  Granted, the ceremony in Mexico doesn’t have to be legal for immigration purposes.  They could just see a justice of the peace in the US. 

Like all of these 90 day relationships, I think this is a test drive.  Regardless, Jonathan should know the wedding is more important to her than him and accommodate accordingly.  But then I don’t think he cares, just worried more is keeping her under his control.  

That's my point.  The wedding is more important to her; to have her mother there with her, etc....I know they both probably want to be together ASAP , but when you have family you love you make exceptions and compromises.  He seriously could have spent 2 or 3 months down there with her and had a ceremony with her family.  I understand the K1 is probably the best route to having them together faster over a spousal visa, but they could have worked something out and both agreed upon it; either way there was going to be some sort of sacrifice. In the K1 option, it's Barbie that loses a special day with her family.    It's not like they were waiting to have sex or anything until their wedding.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, eatsleep said:

About he barber shop - that scene could NOT have been more staged! No way will a bunch of guys be that heavy handed and didactic with a guy they just met, insisting he not marry. They wouldn't give a damn. They might joke and say, "run!". But it seemed like the entire group spent 5 mins chanting in unison, "Do NO"T get married. Do NOT get married. Do NOT get married." If there are truly only a few Black guys in the area, you'd think, if anything, they'd encourage him to stay.

OK, but he continued w/ his silent treatment into the next day! That's a sign of passive-aggression. He's a weak man whose hands are tied and has no leverage in this relationship. 

LOLOL

I don't get it. He works at a resort and smashes tourists. He said when he and Kalani broke up bc she said she isn't really into brown guys, he thought, "oh well, back to doing what I normally do with women" (smashing). He literally said that to Kalani and Kalini right before the move to Utah. And he was not at all confused about what the condom was when Nick gave it to him. What are the cultural beliefs he's operating under? Sounds like just a random irresponsible guy to me. But I am genuinely curious how the beliefs might differ in Samoa.

If Asuelu is what’s available for vacation flings in Samoa, i’ll stay home. 

Just hearing that high pitched voice saying ”smashing” turns me off. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Not possible bc that's the premise of the show - they bring the foreign fiance to the US for 90 days of drama, uncertainty, culture shock and abject disapproval from loved ones. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

So I don't spend much time at a gym but is it normal for people to make loud sex noises while lifting weights? How about guys creepily lurking over said girls making sex noises while working out? Lol. 

They use it as foreplay.  They said something about rushing home afterward.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Not possible bc that's the premise of the show - they bring the foreign fiance to the US for 90 days of drama, uncertainty, culture shock and abject disapproval from loved ones. 

Guess they would have to make a choice of wedding or show.  Personally, I’d pick wedding.  I don’t need to be on a show.  

Also, we all know that might be the premise but it’s not always followed and TLC has turned a blind eye for the sake of the show.  Molly and Luis comes to mind.  

If Jonathan, or any of these Americans, really love their foreign fiancés and want to a good marriage that lasts then they need to be more considerate and do things that will make their beloved happy.  A wedding in Mexico would have made Fernanda very happy.  Show or no show.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

I think that they know that the more that they are hated the better chance they have of being selected for the After the 90 Days cast 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Why not get married in Mexico so her family can attend and be involved?

They might have been able to do this if they had done so BEFORE applying for a visa (and then going straight to a green card application), but many non-resident visa types do not allow for trips outside the country once one is here until after they apply for and are well on their way to an adjustment of status (which would be what they would apply for after they marry). My guess is a K1 is one such visa. I don't think they CAN have a wedding in Mexico at this point. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

THIS ^^^^^.  Thank you@LGGIRL, this is exactly what I keep thinking every time their segment is on.  It's rude of him to make her family miss this important event they've looked forward to her entire life.  There should be a big beautiful wedding ceremony & reception in Mexico FIRST and then a smaller ceremony in Chicago to satisfy legal requirements.  This is the only thing that makes sense, especially since Jonathan's mom is not supportive of this marriage.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

I wish Kalani would buy Asuelu some big-boy clothes.  He's going to need long pants and long-sleeved shirts in Utah, isn't he?  I think at least part of his Big Baby look is how he is dressed, and I can't imagine that he is comfortable looking the way he does when everyone else is dressed differently.  

Okay, so I just cannot stop laughing at this. You know that feeling you get when something strikes you as funny and the more you try to stop laughing things get worse? Yeah, that's me. I thought of Baby Huey when I read this.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Guess they would have to make a choice of wedding or show.  Personally, I’d pick wedding.  I don’t need to be on a show.  

Also, we all know that might be the premise but it’s not always followed and TLC has turned a blind eye for the sake of the show.  Molly and Luis comes to mind.  

If Jonathan, or any of these Americans, really love their foreign fiancés and want to a good marriage that lasts then they need to be more considerate and do things that will make their beloved happy.  A wedding in Mexico would have made Fernanda very happy.  Show or no show.  

I totally don't believe that. That type of woman wants to be on TV. 

Re. Molly and Luis, if I recall, Molly said they got hitched off camera without telling TLC.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Snewtsie said:

THIS ^^^^^.  Thank you@LGGIRL, this is exactly what I keep thinking every time their segment is on.  It's rude of him to make her family miss this important event they've looked forward to her entire life.  There should be a big beautiful wedding ceremony & reception in Mexico FIRST and then a smaller ceremony in Chicago to satisfy legal requirements.  This is the only thing that makes sense, especially since Jonathan's mom is not supportive of this marriage.

Yeah, as someone who was married in Mexico (not in a tourist town/destination wedding type way, in my husband's hometown), it's not as easy as that. A church wedding (which I would assume is what she might have wanted given her age/how Catholic Mexico is, especially in the area she is from) would have taken several months to get on the books. Churches wedding times/dates fill up 6 months in advance in Mexico, and that's with 2 weddings a day. And if he's not Catholic, the priest can require a quicky independent study catechism, baptism, and communion.

Even a civil service would involve a great deal of paperwork because she was marrying a foreigner, plus blood tests. It is MUCH easier to have a civil service in the US. He could pay for her mom to fly up - Mexicans come here as tourists all the time. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, snarky snarkerson said:

Even a civil service would involve a great deal of paperwork because she was marrying a foreigner, plus blood tests. It is MUCH easier to have a civil service in the US. He could pay for her mom to fly up - Mexicans come here as tourists all the time. 

I was talking about a ceremony.  Throw enough money at a priest/minister/judge, they will preform a ceremony that is not legal, similar to a vow renewal.  That is what I was talking about.  

My neighbors are Mexican and told me that it is expensive for Mexicans to get visitor visas, so it’s not as easy as just paying for a plane ticket. They fly/visit Mexico all the time but rarely do their relatives visit because of the cost of the visa. 

• Love 2

I want to know what's with the shoe rack just inside the front door at Coltie and Debbie's house.  It looks like one of those fold-up-able wooden bookshelves.  The slew of shoes plus the jungle of clothing racks just inside the door to Debbie's room makes me wonder how much closet space there is in their house--which seems to be fairly new, so I would imagine there'd be enough storage for the apparel of one man and one woman.  Do Coltie and Debbie own so much clothing that it won't all fit in the closet?  How many maroon blouses does Coltie own, anyway?  And Debbie's plaid shirt looks the same in every scene--does she, too, own multiples of a favorite, figure-enhancing garment?  And where are the kitties' dresses kept?  Are they taking up all the clothes hangers?

And how many different kinds of footwear do you need in LV anyway?  It's not like they need space for Maine Hunting Boots, and Debbie doesn't look like she collects Loubous.

Are they hoarders?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

The shocking tidbit  is that Kalani told him it was a good idea to use condoms.  She quit her job to spend time with her boyfriend but didn’t bother to get some birth control.  Those two,  will make more babies and it is Kalani’s fault.

Sex education Educator......will not be blame for this!  

Girls like Kalani like to stay pregnant. They are very manipulative.

They love to play victims.  Make everyone around miserable and responsible for their bad choices.  This is Kalani’s storyline.  

Yes, I can see her being a bully ala Nicole, (the one who tortured Azan).

Why is money never valued with these people who import mates?  Finances are never considered and why am I always amazed at that? 

Whithout and income how does she intend to feed and care for a child let alone the man child from Shamwow? 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, iwasish said:

No, nor Larissa’s. I wonder if Ashley has given them a heads up about their new roommate. Has she perhaps been Skyping with the Jay while the kids are there? They have to be older than toddler age.  

Larissa has kids??????

7 hours ago, millennium said:

My own feeling is that Jay's an attention whore and wants to believe everyone is staring at him.   From the time he got on the plane he's been talking about how people in Pennsylvania will react to his presence.   Now he's here, and fancies everyone is looking at him.   There's a saying, if your tool in life is a hammer, everywhere you go you're gonna find nails.

They are living near or in PA Amish country too so Jay isn't the only one getting stared at.  Or everyone is just wondering how she suddenly acquired a black teenage son. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I want to know what's with the shoe rack just inside the front door at Coltie and Debbie's house.  It looks like one of those fold-up-able wooden bookshelves.  The slew of shoes plus the jungle of clothing racks just inside the door to Debbie's room makes me wonder how much closet space there is in their house--which seems to be fairly new, so I would imagine there'd be enough storage for the apparel of one man and one woman.  Do Coltie and Debbie own so much clothing that it won't all fit in the closet?  How many maroon blouses does Coltie own, anyway?  And Debbie's plaid shirt looks the same in every scene--does she, too, own multiples of a favorite, figure-enhancing garment?  And where are the kitties' dresses kept?  Are they taking up all the clothes hangers?

And how many different kinds of footwear do you need in LV anyway?  It's not like they need space for Maine Hunting Boots, and Debbie doesn't look like she collects Loubous.

Are they hoarders?

The living room was pretty desolate for hoarders.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Spike said:

The living room was pretty desolate for hoarders.

I think its a fake house for the show.    Debbie imo would have a lot of cheap knick knacks, crocheted doilies and covers and furniture.   I bet Colt-ee's real bed is an old twin from when he was a kid.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

Are they hoarders?

The closet space is taken up with cat clothes.

• Love 15