Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Italian Night Fight

• Start Topic

Kelly - down girl!  That doctor is NOT hot.  He's a dull poindexter who's losing his hair.  If he was sitting in front of a computer screen wearing the glasses I guarantee you he wears, you wouldn't automatically think he was so hot.  It's only because he has M.D. after his name that you'd even look twice at the man.

Interesting, though, that Kelly dished about Vicki and Steve breaking up and him moving out of her house.  I seem to recall some rumblings by people who follow her Instagram (or was it Twitter?) account that Vicki's posts around that time had them speculating that they'd broken up.

Emily rocked the sunglasses she wore in the strawberry farm scene.  At least Gina stopped her kid from whipping it out ala Brandi Glanville's sons (not that I think she's anywhere near as heinous a mother as Brandi).

I caught that little pearl-clutching thing Vicki did about Kelly's bad marriage "She didn't want him.  Kelly did not talk nice to Michael -- it was constant", as if Vicki wasn't guilty of the exact same thing with Donn, although only a few of the cruel things she's said to him were aired.

Then Vicki and Tamra proceed to pick Gina apart -- "how's she going to support herself, she doesn't work" (Vicki's equivalent to child murder), "I don't like her attitude about marriage".  Hello -- Gina's husband has already been supporting her and the kids all this time, and he'll have to continue as long as they have young children.  Such a one-note dumbass, that Vicki.  Not everyone marries a loser who can't/won't support his kids.

And Tamra you can call bullshit all you want, not everyone has a drama-filled marriage.  Sometimes people can talk things out rationally and say "this isn't working for you?  It's not working for me either.  Do we consider divorce or which way do we go?  Okay, we'll divorce."  I'm seeing your marriage ain't necessarily so hot these days either girl so why not just keep your head down on that subject?

Even though all of the others tell her she doesn't know what she's getting into, Gina won't listen.  And she'll get some real rude awakenings along the way, but they've been living separately for how long now?  The marriage is really already over.

Gina and Matt are best friends who are conducting an amicable divorce through the same attorney. She seems to be really going out of her way to justify why her husband just isn't that into her anymore (we could step back and see things, we married young, we didn't see things were wrong), and she's coping fine with it. 

Seems like Matt really knows how to work her.  I don't get the impression she wants the divorce -- it was Matt who wants the divorce.  So he's got her all primed to believe that things are fine between them, but her life is the three kids, and he just works like mad all the time, and they just don't have time for each other anymore.

I have to say Gina is pretty naive in this situation.  She thinks they'll always be the same people they have been and are today.  They're working amicably through the paperwork with the same attorney representing both (to keep costs down, I'm sure). 

Of course, that'll change drastically should it somehow come to light about things Matt has been up to for months in his Los Angeles apartment.  Or not so long after the divorce becomes final, maybe Matt marries his stunning but childless (or stunning with children unsupported by their father - take your pick) girlfriend who makes it clear she's jealous of the time Matt devotes to Gina's kids.  And wanting/expecting kids of her own with him?  Do you s'pose THEN Matt might be a different guy and money might become contentious? 

Gina better start brushing up on her money earning skills, cuz she won't be getting alimony for very long.  Child support, yes, but that's not forever either.

Vicki - shut your stupid mouth implying Gina is in a bad position in her divorce because there's no abuse or cheating.  Those things are never taken into consideration when setting dollar amounts for alimony and child support.  It's strictly based on the parties' income and expenses, and length of marriage for alimony (rule of thumb alimony lasts for half the length of the marriage -- in Gina's case, a very few years). 

She also won't be entitled to collect any of his Social Security when she retires.  I'm sure that will seem like nothing to her now, but she's had three kids with him which will keep her out of the work force for some years to come and thus unable to earn a higher Social Security payout.  Since she's sharing an attorney with her husband, there's really nobody looking out for Gina's interests.  And she doesn't realize that.

So yes, she's not in that situation.  (Yet.  But it's coming.) 

Most of the time Tamra is full of shit, but I think she was right about Vicki and Delmonico.  Has Vicki ever considered getting together with a horny good-looking youngish Latin guy?  Just saying -- she's already demonstrated she's willing to pay.  She should have someone who can be attentive and put on a romantic show to keep her love tank perpetually full.  Somehow I can't see Steve doing that for her.

Total side-eye (and back of the hand) to Vicki saying she doesn't understand how someone could be flippant about marriage and God.

Ph.D. = pretty huge dick.  Who knew?

Episode is coming up where Shannon totally loses her shit with Vicki -- who's gonna win the pool??

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I have to say Gina is pretty naive in this situation.  She thinks they'll always be the same people they have been and are today.  They're working amicably through the paperwork with the same attorney representing both (to keep costs down, I'm sure). 

ITA with everything you said. Gina just doesn’t seem too bright. 

• Love 7
On 9/24/2018 at 10:01 PM, biakbiak said:

<snip for brevity>

That said Vicki and all these women needs to shut the fuck up with their god nonsense. Vicki god would have struck you down years ago.

Amen!  Jesus woulda slapped the shit outa ya, too!

• Love 7
On 9/25/2018 at 12:11 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

It did seem like a specific stair location that people came to to do their workout.  I think it was pretty random too.  Its just weird that you would drive your car to walk this industrial set of stairs, set between bushes with no breeze or view.  I could see going to some beauty staircase at the beach, open air and vented, but this set of stair was indeed weird.  

Haven't had a chance to get past page 3 here so someone might have addressed this.  Filming was probably at a staircase at the beach -- there are so many I wouldn't hazard a guess which one, but it could have been Corona del Mar, Laguna Beach, many many others. 

They all look like that at the entrance.  In California nobody can own the beach, and the state requires beach property owners to provide public access to the beach at certain intervals.  That doesn't mean they have to make them obvious, however, so in some places you have to hunt for them.

Once you get down several feet, you feel the breeze and can see the ocean and beach the rest of the way down.

Edited by Anne Thrax
Because "could it" is different than "it could"
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I know of children whose parents grew more emotionally withdrawn from one another as time went on but stuck together anyways and exposed their children to many fights and nasty comments because the resentment grew -  many of those other kids feel like their sense of marriage and relationships is distorted because the most immediate example of a marriage was an unhealthy one.

Hey, that sounds like me! LOL. I'm in my 30s, not married, and feel no desire to marry. My parents will have been married for 40 years next summer, and I had to suffer through their constant yelling and fighting when I was a teenager and as recently as 3 years ago, when we were all on a trip together (for a wedding, the irony), and I actually just asked them why they couldn't just get a damn divorce. They behave much better now, and are generally nice to each other. I think being close to retirement might be helping their stress levels/mental health. But damn if it hasn't completely clouded my idea of marriage. Even though I'm aware of that influence, it doesn't make it any easier to think positively about marriage. Also, I don't plan on having children, so it's not like even if I was dating, I'd feel motivated to be married to my kid's dad so they don't grow up asking why we're not married, plus taxes and all that. *shrug*

I like to joke to my parents that when they got along great when we lived in Philly (where only 2 of my friends had divorced parents), but everything hit the shitter when we moved to CA (where only 2 of my friends *didn't* have divorced parents, not including me). 

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 6
On 9/25/2018 at 12:42 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Apparently Gina has been on WWHL recently, so some of this may already have been covered. Unfortunately I don't get that show, but googled her to find out how her divorce is coming along.  

I guess almost 6 months in, (she filed in early April) they are still working out the details. There is "a lot of paper work" according to Gina. I take it there is no "cooling off" period in California where you cannot obtain a divorce before a certain time period? They aren't selling the house as are waiting or the market to strengthen. They are still sleeping together. And, oh, joy, they have adopted a German Shepherd. Just what a single mother of three who doesn't want a dog (she was outvoted apparently) needs. Unlikely the poor dog will get proper care and attention when she already has her hands full. 

Oh, and she insists that she and Matt will always be best friends. She seems spectacularly unaware that it is quite likely that Matt will go on to find a new best friend, and maybe even have another gaggle of children with a new BFF.  And that quite likely his new best friend will unsurp his current best friend. GIna really seems to live in a bubble. 

California has a six-month "cooling off" period.  You can't get a divorce sooner than 6 months after the date of filing.
Also, the SoCal real estate market -- Orange County in particular during the whole of 2018 has been an on-fire seller's market.  Starting in mid-August we've seen a slight cooling trend.  So if they're waiting for a better market, it'll be quite a while.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

I never quite understood Brianna's infatuation with Ryan.  The boy needs a good smack upside the head for the most part and has the personality of a rock. 

That's insulting to rocks! They're way cooler. Which reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies, I Heart Huckabees: 

Nobody sits like this rock sits. You rock, rock. The rock just sits and is. You show us how to just sit here and that's what we need.

• Love 5
On 9/24/2018 at 8:45 PM, Straycat80 said:

STFU Vicki! How ironic that she’s giving Gina advice about divorce. She’s been divorced twice, had a scam relationship, is in a relationship right now with a guy who’s smart enough not to marry her. The other divorced women are no better. Every relationship is different. If Gina is getting a friendly divorce more power to her. 

Every house ho dinner always ends with a screaming fight. 

Came for this. She can also shove her fake assed Christianity up her ass.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 10
On 9/25/2018 at 2:20 AM, SheTalksShit said:

Regarding Brooks, honestly, I think Vicki was "in on it" as in, she knew, deep down, Brooks didn't have cancer, but decided to ignore it and humor him  and pretend like she believed him, because ultimately she found it flattering that he wanted her attention/sympathy that badly, so she didn't wanna call him out on it. 

I think Brooks may have had Munchausen's Syndrome. 

I think so too. I think she even copped to it briefly at a reunion. If she'd stuck with that and acted contrite at all, I could have let it go, but she kept it going. She doubled down on her protestations of innocence and has consistently refused to take responsibility.

Vicki is a steaming pile of shit person.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 7
On 9/26/2018 at 12:07 AM, MajorNelson said:

Suppose Gina and hubbie stuck together, worked on things, and 4 years from now had a great marriage.  She is giving up on that possibility and the kids lose out majorly.

But of course, if she has been "replaced" and she is covering this up, then this is all moot.  All she can do is move forward.  But she needs 2 semesters of "how to parent' at LEAST!

Suppose Gina sticks it out another four years and they grow to hate each other, with all that entails.

• Love 6
On 9/26/2018 at 12:35 AM, MajorNelson said:

Gina: I cannot believe she has so little regard for the importance of Marriage when she has 3 little kids.  I think she said her not feeling anything in the Me-to-Husband way ...was the most important thing.  Well, too bad for those kids!

Kelly: Regarding her behavior at Eddie's party.....she said anything that Shane said she would have hated and jumped on him for.  But notice the problem RHOC men have - there's only 3 basically.   Eddie, Steve, Shane.  So at Eddie's party, where Eddie is going to be busy with all the other guests, the ONLY person Shane might hang around with IS Steve.  If she has a beef with Steve or anyone remotely around him, then cut Shane some slack...he had no one else to hang around.  "Our table"  ...yes.  The little table where the two 'other' male RHOC attenders are at.

I don't believe for one minute that Gina wants this divorce.  Saving face is what she's doing.  

• Love 9

I confess I've not read through all of your posts yet (I will...reading this thread is FAR better than watching this shit show on TV), but I watched this episode last night and I have one thought that keeps running through my mind:

Vicki:  Gina doesn't believe in God?  She better hope she's right, or she she'll have a lot of explaining to do.

AnneMarie:  Bitch, YOU better hope she's right or YOU'VE got a lot of explaining to do!

Nothing gets under my skin like ego and hypocrisy, and Vicki is overloaded with both.  Damn that feckless twit works my very last nerve! 

• Love 21
20 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

I could have written this myself.  I’m with my husband 25 yrs. and there were times I hated him, wished he worked longer hours or traveled for work.  When my kids were young there were several times I contemplated divorce because the everyday stress of work and young kids made my husband very moody.  I decided to hang on and ride the waves and at this point in my life, our relationship is good and I’m glad I stuck it out.  I do think Matt moving away was basically a trial separation, that’s the only way she wouldn’t have visited his place.  During this period they realized they really didn’t miss each other, so I feel he convinced her to divorce.  He has his cake & is eating it too, why would he want to divorce unless someone else is in the picture.  He can do what he wants during the week and can visit on the weekends.  I just think they should hold off on the divorce and legally separate and then see how they feel after a year.  It’s not urgent, they don’t hate each other, they’re best friends who have sex so what’s the rush.  That fact that she called him to convince her of why this is best for them means she’s not 100% sure and is just putting on a brave face.

Thank you for this post.  My husband and I have been together 10 years, married for 7 and have a 6 year old and 3 year old with us both working full time.  Things are...tense.  We're in therapy and it's very uncomfortable.  I have every intention of riding it out, however, because he's a good man and I do love him.  This has given me more motivation.  :) 

19 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

I never quite understood Brianna's infatuation with Ryan.  The boy needs a good smack upside the head for the most part and has the personality of a rock.  If he has domestic violence issues, Brianna has made a mistake letting him separate her so far away from her family and friends.  Never a good thing when there are control issues.    Sadly, Brianna was raised by her control-freak of a mother so she may not only be used to it, but she may actually be convinced it's the way she needs to live.  

I don't like Vicki, but if I were her, I'd be frantic and I'd be booking flights to Bri's house every weekend until I felt my daughter was safe or ready to run.   Ms Moneybags can spend her $$$ on flight tickets instead of useless cosmetic surgeries.  Nothing is going to help that pig-faced skank anyway.   She could come out looking like Elizabeth Taylor and she'd still be fubar Ick.  Can't hide her kind of ugly.  It seeps out of every pour in her slimy body.  

Honestly I don't think Vicki would care even if Brianna was in an abusive relationship.  Vicki herself has been in abusive relationships and didn't see a problem with Brooks telling Ryan he needed to hit Briana.  Plus, Vicki is of the "stay married no matter WHAT" school of thought (unless it's her, apparently.)

• Love 10
10 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

That's insulting to rocks! They're way cooler. Which reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies, I Heart Huckabees: 

I stand corrected and hang my haid in sham.  :(  

You're right.  I had a pet rock once and it was far more scintillating to look at and listen to than Ryan's mug along with his boring mumbo jumbo.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Gina is lying.. trying to save face.  I'm still curious why she wasn't downgraded because she doesn't have anything to film except group scenes.  

Besides being annoying.  She brings nothing to this show.  She’s divorcing her husband, sleeping with him, he’s her best friend.  She’s also combatable with the veteran housewives when she hardly knows them, especially Shannon, who’s being nice and respectable towards her.  This woman is living in lalaland.  This divorce seems very weird to me.

• Love 8
On 9/25/2018 at 11:24 AM, A-Lo said:

The only sense I can make of this situation is that they both got too comfortable living apart and so the "emotional" part of the separation has already been accomplished and now they're just working out the technicalities of the divorce.  I hope that's the case.  Otherwise, Gina has a hell of an emotional crisis coming her way.  And you know all of those bitches will be vying for the first "I told you so" declaration!

This.  I have lived this, at least from my side of it.  My ex stayed gone 10 to 11 months of each year, coming home every third weekend, and usually home from Thanksgiving until after the New Year.  Prior to having our kid, I traveled with him.  Once we had her, I stayed home in the ATL with her.  What happened with us is that the relationship really deteriorated due to:  loneliness on my part(spending all day every day with a newborn/toddler while knowing very few adults), emotional distance (feeling sometimes like I didn't need him because I took care of literally everything with our daughter and our house), and increasingly disparate lifestyles (I started grad school, and also when he'd come home on his once a month trip, I wanted to go out and DO things as a couple and as a family, and he wanted to literally DO NOTHING but stay home).  It just became separate lives.  However, our divorce was far from friendly, because he was perfectly content with the way things were.  Hopefully Gina and her husband can really keep it civil.

• Love 11
On 9/25/2018 at 8:40 PM, Thumper said:

OMG, 3 kids under age 5(?) and then adding a dog?  I could not do it!  (Not to mention separating/divorcing.)

I really feel for that dog.  They aren't an accessory and she is already busy with 3 spirited kids.  Someone is going to be bitten.  Not sure if it will be the kid, Gina, or the dog.  Either way, it won't end well for the dog.  Parents need to think this through a bit more.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:11 PM, lezlers said:

I agree!  It was really narrow too, to the point where you had to sort of turn to the side if someone was coming in the other direction.  That would make it pretty difficult to run the stairs (not that they were running, can't imagine they got a great workout climbing those stairs at the snail pace they were moving.  And who works out with their long hair down and full make-up?  Staaaaahp.)

I'm Team Gina.  What business is it of any of the ladies why she's divorcing?  They were totally ganging up on her and it wasn't a good look.  And Vickie needs to STFU with her cheating and twice divorced, cancer scheming ass.  And then they all start lecturing her for leaving the table when they were attacking her?  Please.   I'm having a hard time understanding how anyone was okay with the ladies behavior at that table.  Shannon would have been sprinting away in tears if it were happening to her and Vickie would be screaming about being nailed to a cross.   Bunch of hypocrites. 

I think steep stairs and hills are a great part of a workout either slow or fast.  It works your muscles and gets your heart rate up.  I see how hard of a time a lot of people have with a regular staircase!  I would like to see Vicki try those stairs.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I really feel for that dog.  They aren't an accessory and she is already busy with 3 spirited kids.  Someone is going to be bitten.  Not sure if it will be the kid, Gina, or the dog.  Either way, it won't end well for the dog.  Parents need to think this through a bit more.

I think steep stairs and hills are a great part of a workout either slow or fast.  It works your muscles and gets your heart rate up.  I see how hard of a time a lot of people have with a regular staircase!  I would like to see Vicki try those stairs.

True but for people like Tamra and Gina who work out regularly, trudging up those stairs super slow and not even breaking a sweat isn't doing much.  We're not talking about sedentary people who would benefit from literally doing anything.  I know this is nitpicky, but if you can do your activity with your hair and makeup done and not break a sweat, then don't call it a work out.   Not that this is an important point in the episode or anything, it just had me rolling my eyes a bit.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Episode is coming up where Shannon totally loses her shit with Vicki -- who's gonna win the pool??

They need to drown the whole lot of them

Nasty old cows. The last few episodes are going to be all the same-screaming and crying.

I may be done with this group

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

They need to drown the whole lot of them

Nasty old cows. The last few episodes are going to be all the same-screaming and crying.

I may be done with this group

I just occasionally dip my toe in. It works for me.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Gina already posted a pic of herself, Matt and the kids with the newest addition on her Instagram on Sept 16th. She says she was unanimously overruled. So Matt appears to be just as stupid as she is. But then why would he care - he isn't going to be the one to look after it. And the two year old, whatever-year-old and six year old children certainly aren't going to. The dog will be fending for itself. It appears to be a full grown German Shepherd, so not sure what the dog's story is. But totally irresponsible of Gina, Matt and whoever adopted the poor dog out to them. 

It is really too bad that Matt and Gina are divorcing, as they really are suited to each other. Neither seems capable of making common sense decisions. 

BTW, I really wish someone would ask Gina why she doesn't know where her best friend lives. I am sure we all know where our best friends live.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 15

Emily says to Kelly, who is standing in her living room waiting to talk to Shane, “so, can I leave you two alone?”. Shane, like the bitch he is, whines “why aren’t you asking MEEEE if you can leave us alone????”. Ugh. Can’t stand that little twerp. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Emily says to Kelly, who is standing in her living room waiting to talk to Shane, “so, can I leave you two alone?”. Shane, like the bitch he is, whines “why aren’t you asking MEEEE if you can leave us alone????”. Ugh. Can’t stand that little twerp. 

I feel your pain with him and Emily.  He's a little bitch married to an Amazon woman and they just don't compliment one another in the least.  

I like their dog, though.  Cute little bugger, just sat with Kelly.  How sweet was that?  Kelly got some points for having that little hound like her so much.  Dogs know nice.  :D  

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 10

I am a saved christian but I was completely 100% team Gina when she told the beasts that she doesn´t believe in "the" God, just "a god" and they started pearl clutching. Frankly I was disgusted by their act. I like Kelly okay but jeez, she should not be displaying herself as a believer, it´s embarrassing for us. Vicky is worse. I believe that Tamra is saved, I don´t think she´s lying about her faith, but making faces and acting superior and upset when someone says they are not a christian is idiotic and I place that scene in the "my top 10 angriest moments on the O.C" list. I hope Gina gets saved someday, and I hope Vicky gets lost, she´s going to hell that´s for sure. The Bible says (romans 2) that pagans (or atheists) can have good morals, it´s something (not all) people feel inside a.k.a a moral compass, and while some so-called believers routinely act stupid and wrong, a pagan can at the same time do what God wants much better because of their natural morals. Vicky has no idea what the Bible actually says about anything. And she has NO morals.

I´m not counting Emily among the beasts, she acted like a nice person.

I just hated the discussion about Gina´s divorce, it was cringy, this divorce is so strange and I don´t want to try to understand it.  Tamra was the only one to say that it´s not their business, but it was a little too late, since poor Gina had already fled from the table. They were all judging her for what they did themselves, i.e not trying to make their marriages work and wanting something better (I excuse Shannon from that, she´s the only one). Gina´s husband has effectively left her already, and they try to claim that she´s just getting divorced for fun? I just cant.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 7

Regarding Gina's divorce, my two cents (because, as there was a huge amount of speculation, why not) : he's gay (or bi, but in love with a guy, who he is partially living with right now). And, even if it seems weird, it makes a lot of sense in the way she acts and speaks about it....

• Love 8
On 9/25/2018 at 9:11 AM, OFDgal said:

I cannot stand Vicki.  She is a horrible,  judgemental asshole when she should be the last person talking about morals. It seems like she is being featured more and more.  I just don't understand it.  I have not read one post from anyone saying they liked Vicki.   As I was watching last night, I was thinking that I was just about over this show.  I keep hanging on hoping it will get better but don't see a light at the end of this tunnel.  

I like Vicki.

• Love 1
On 9/24/2018 at 10:44 PM, Bronzedog said:

I felt sorry for Jolie when she was dragged to Emily’s house.  Especially when Emily told her daughter to show her the upstairs like she was a realtor or something.

Ha!!!

On 9/24/2018 at 10:56 PM, Sterling said:

I don't get what's so hard to understand about Gina's divorce.

They were young.  They got married on Long Island, where everybody gets married.  They had kids, where everybody else had kids.

They moved to O.C., where they realized, out of their bubble, they are simply not meant to be together.  
What's so hard to understand?

Why does there have to be adultery, lying, poor financial management, or any of these other reasons?

Can't two people simply decide they are not meant to be together?

I've been divorced like this.  Great guy, good-looking, treated me really well.  I just never was in love with him.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:18 AM, ghoulina said:

And I get that. Divorce isn't black and white; there can be a myriad of reasons, reactions, etc. 

I still get this vibe that Gina is protesting too much. I agree that the other women are trying to push THEIR experience on her, and that's not cool. But to not be upset AT ALL? Even for her kids? It's just not coming off genuine to me. 

That was so unnecessary. 

Also - "Do monkeys bangs?" Of course they fucking bang, you moron. How else would animals repopulate????

On 9/25/2018 at 12:24 PM, A-Lo said:

The only sense I can make of this situation is that they both got too comfortable living apart and so the "emotional" part of the separation has already been accomplished and now they're just working out the technicalities of the divorce.  I hope that's the case.  Otherwise, Gina has a hell of an emotional crisis coming her way.  And you know all of those bitches will be vying for the first "I told you so" declaration!

On 9/25/2018 at 2:57 PM, hisbunkie said:

She states they have outgrown each other, they are not in love. 

I’m Team Gina all the way. Why wait until you hate each other?  Until there is infidelity?  They will do a better job coparenting. 

On 9/26/2018 at 12:52 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I am separated and my wife has always been my best friend and always will be. She has made it clear to her current partner that I am a part of their lives, and the 3 of us hang out together. Of course, we are no longer sleeping together so there is that. But I am not as stupefied as to Gina's remaining best friends with Matt as most are. Unconventional, yes. But if it works, great.

Unpopular opinion #1: I love Gina, I think she's a great addition. I love those NY women who twist up West Coasters (Heather, Gina). She's no shrinking violet with these "OG" women and I love it. I'm taking applications for the #TeamGina club! (I only made 10 copies, didn't think I'd need more lol)

Unpopular opinion #2: I don't think Gina is saving face. I think she's completely clear on what she wants. When I listen to her, I hear the same thing in my voice when I tell people I'm good, we're good, we're just not going to be together anymore but we're still partners and best friends (we don't do the sex thing though, 'cause if I wanted that part, with him, then he wouldn't be my STBXH. But her situation is different.) Our separation is very amicable and we are lived together through it temporarily for RE reasons. And no matter who comes into my life, they'll need to understand my STBX husband is still my family and will ALWAYS be around. And anyone he's with will need to understand that as well, period. It might be weird to some, but oddly in my family the divorced party never actually seems to go away, lol. We still have ex-BIL, SILs, aunts and uncles at family trips, parties and barbeques. And we're all good with that. 

I think it's true as mentioned that if she was in LI she likely wouldn't get divorced, and that there's nothing ulterior about why they're doing it. That said, I don't think she's being unrealistic but she just hasn't hit the part where even if you know it's the right decision, you're gonna be sad and grieve the "what was/could have been" part. I think that's what the ladies are trying to say but fucking it up in their typical know-it-all fashions. 

With respect to the waiting part, yes it's true you could wait it out but then you have what my kids are having - big concerns that the marriage they saw as ideal for 36 years is breaking up, so why should they get married since even the ones you think will last, don't? They're both single and were only barely okay with marriage because of us, now they're both seriously rethinking. I tell them it was a very good marriage for at least 35 years, so if they're worried, they can be optimistic it will work out for at least that long. LOL.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, SnarkKitty said:

Unpopular opinion #1: I love Gina, I think she's a great addition. I love those NY women who twist up West Coasters (Heather, Gina). She's no shrinking violet with these "OG" women and I love it. I'm taking applications for the #TeamGina club! (I only made 10 copies, didn't think I'd need more lol)

Well, I'll take an application because Gina earned a place in my cold black heart by bravely stating that she has a different belief system while all those hypocrites sat there and tried to tear her down.  It’s a hard thing to do and I commend her for it.  I’m beyond sick of hearing about their Christianity and how much better they are than everyone else, while they lie, cheat, and talk dirty about absolutely everyone.  Way to make your religion look good ladies!  Their reaction is the reason why many people with non-mainstream beliefs feel they cannot share them.  For instance, if some of my coworkers knew what my beliefs are, I think it could impact me negatively in my career.  And here we see it in action, mainstream Christians persecuting someone because they dare to believe differently.  And don’t even get me started on the Christians who get mad at other Christians because they aren’t the right kind of Christian!!  Seriously, have you noticed the way some of them treat the fact that Shane is a Mormon?  They whisper it as if the man has a disease!  Such intolerance!

• Love 16
On 9/28/2018 at 6:00 PM, Claire Voyant said:

I feel your pain with him and Emily.  He's a little bitch married to an Amazon woman and they just don't compliment one another in the least.  

I like their dog, though.  Cute little bugger, just sat with Kelly.  How sweet was that?  Kelly got some points for having that little hound like her so much.  Dogs know nice.  :D  

I think Emily is very beautiful, and has a very nice figure.  I guess if you’re not a size 0, you are an Amazon.  So sad, and such a horrible example for young girls.  

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I think Emily is very beautiful, and has a very nice figure.  I guess if you’re not a size 0, you are an Amazon.  So sad, and such a horrible example for young girls.  

Wait.  What???  Amazon is an insult?  Really?  So all this time whenever I've referred to myself as Amazon Woman, I've been encouraging the importance of being nothing but a size 0?  How hypocritical of me.  Well, I'm sorry if I struck a nerve, BQ.  That wasn't my intent. 

Still, it's obvious Emily is no petite, frail little woman, but she has a husband who isn't much bigger than a horse jockey and a size 0 himself, and they don't even appear to have much of anything in common.   I don't feel the love, I guess.  I'm not impressed with either one of them so far, 

Anyway, I'm sorry if my reference to an Amazon Woman will hurt the tender sensibilities of all the innocent young girls out there reading this forum.   If they use your tape measure I guess I am a horrible example.  :( 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Normades said:

Well, I'll take an application because Gina earned a place in my cold black heart by bravely stating that she has a different belief system while all those hypocrites sat there and tried to tear her down.  It’s a hard thing to do and I commend her for it.  I’m beyond sick of hearing about their Christianity and how much better they are than everyone else, while they lie, cheat, and talk dirty about absolutely everyone.  Way to make your religion look good ladies!  Their reaction is the reason why many people with non-mainstream beliefs feel they cannot share them.  For instance, if some of my coworkers knew what my beliefs are, I think it could impact me negatively in my career.  And here we see it in action, mainstream Christians persecuting someone because they dare to believe differently.  And don’t even get me started on the Christians who get mad at other Christians because they aren’t the right kind of Christian!!  Seriously, have you noticed the way some of them treat the fact that Shane is a Mormon?  They whisper it as if the man has a disease!  Such intolerance!

Agreed with you on that.  I can't believe she's being lectured by some of the most hideous humans on the planet.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

Wait.  What???  Amazon is an insult?  Really?  So all this time whenever I've referred to myself as Amazon Woman, I've been encouraging the importance of being nothing but a size 0?  How hypocritical of me.  Well, I'm sorry if I struck a nerve, BQ.  That wasn't my intent. 

Still, it's obvious Emily is no petite, frail little woman, but she has a husband who isn't much bigger than a horse jockey and a size 0 himself, and they don't even appear to have much of anything in common.   I don't feel the love, I guess.  I'm not impressed with either one of them so far, 

Anyway, I'm sorry if my reference to an Amazon Woman will hurt the tender sensibilities of all the innocent young girls out there reading this forum.   If they use your tape measure I guess I am a horrible example.  :( 

I actually thought by "Amazon woman" you meant tall and strong.  I don't know how tall Emily is, but she certainly towers over her poor shrimpy husband.

I do think Emily has a great figure.  She's not a size 0 but she has curves and is definitely not fat.

• Love 10
On 9/24/2018 at 9:22 PM, LilaFowler said:

Gina isn't being truthful about something. She and her husband are best friends, don't fight and are still attracted to each other and having sex. Isn't that the ideal marriage? What am I missing here?

If this hasn't been answered...just started reading the forum....pill popper and girlfriend he works with.

Most likely the reason he will "gladly pay her double" in support - His company does not approve of dating co-workers.

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 2
On 9/25/2018 at 12:17 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

Did we know previously that Vicki and Steve had broken up, even if only for a few weeks? 

I thought it was rich that Kelly said she didn't like husbands getting involved in disagreements. She was the one who intruded on Shane and Steve. And IIRC she dragged Michael into her feud with Shannon at that costume party when she told Shannon that it was no wonder that David cheated on her. I would like to give Kelly the benefit of the doubt that she has changed for the better, but I am not seeing a lot of change so far. 

Good on her though for apologizing to Shane, as she should have. I was not big on Emily at first, but I have come to like her. And she and Shane certainly seem to have much better behaved kids than Gina does. 

I don't know...Shane comes off as everyone should bow down to him. He also showed 0% interest in anything Kelly was saying other than the parts that were about HIM. His constant correcting Kelly was a bit much. Napoleon needs to maybe first pass the bar if he's going to act like an attorney. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 7

The divorce rate in Orange County may be higher than it is here on Long Island but Long Island isn't immune to divorce.  Gina's husband has his own LA apartment so I don't think he's that interested in the marriage regardless of where they were living.  Men (and women) on Long Island who work in NYC commute to their jobs.  

ETA:   People don't live IN Long Island; they live ON Long Island.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

I pray that they continue to replay the clip of Kelly calling out that twerpy/dorky/lil bitch for the rest of the season.

This little guy wants his orange more then any ho-wife we’ve seen in this entire franchise! He can barely hold in his snark, and his jazz hands from coming out.  Never have I’ve seen a ho-husband so damn desperate for camera time, even Jim marchese (rhnj) had his limits. He constantly gives major side eye to his wife, the way he looks at her disgustingly when she tries to steal the spotlight ei. (red romper she wore to eddies bday) is so obvious to me, that he’s fully gay and this marriage is truly a cover up for his religious beliefs. I’m waiting for this guy to come out... and honestly there is nothing wrong with that! He just needs to own up to it already. It’s pretty transparent I think. 

Id like to add that I think Emily knows this and is ok with it and is the reason why it hit such a trigger when Kelly called him “ a little bitch” jmo 

Edited by JuliesMommy
Forgot to add
  • Love 5
On 9/25/2018 at 9:11 AM, OFDgal said:

I cannot stand Vicki.  She is a horrible,  judgemental asshole when she should be the last person talking about morals. It seems like she is being featured more and more.  I just don't understand it.  I have not read one post from anyone saying they liked Vicki.   As I was watching last night, I was thinking that I was just about over this show.  I keep hanging on hoping it will get better but don't see a light at the end of this tunnel.  

I think at this point everyone is hatewatching Vicky and Bravo knows it. They bring her on exactly for that. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I actually thought by "Amazon woman" you meant tall and strong.  I don't know how tall Emily is, but she certainly towers over her poor shrimpy husband.

I do think Emily has a great figure.  She's not a size 0 but she has curves and is definitely not fat.

I said it before and I’ll say it again... I love emily’s Body. She looks strong not fat at all. She has no flab on her body she reminds me of a trainer at my gym who is pure muscle.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, bagger said:

I said it before and I’ll say it again... I love emily’s Body. She looks strong not fat at all. She has no flab on her body she reminds me of a trainer at my gym who is pure muscle.

I would love to have her bod.  I posted on her twitter once saying I can't believe people fat shamed you.  She responded that she gets it from women all the time.

• Sad 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I don't know...Shane comes off as everyone should bow down to him. He also showed 0% interest in anything Kelly was saying other than the parts that were about HIM. His constant correcting Kelly was a bit much. Napoleon needs to maybe first pass the bar if he's going to act like an attorney. 

Shane was nicer to Kelly than I would have been. And if I recall correctly, Shane is an attorney. He was a practicing attorney in Utah but has not written the bar exam to practice in Cali. Or did he write it and fail and hasn't rewritten? Can't remember. It may be that he prefers what he is doing now to being a lawyer. I know several lawyers, and I can't say that any of them love their jobs, including one who has only been a lawyer for 5 years, and a couple that have been lawyers for 40 years. 

When I was googling to see if Shane actually practiced in another state (as I thought he had) I came across info that he has a YouTube channel devoted to his children. Matt could take a lesson on how to be an involved dad, as opposed to one who prefers to spend the majority of his time in another city. 

In any case everyone's mileage varies. I have liked Shane from the start (likely because he reminds me of me - lol) and continue to. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, SnarkKitty said:

Ha!!!

Unpopular opinion #2: I don't think Gina is saving face. I think she's completely clear on what she wants. When I listen to her, I hear the same thing in my voice when I tell people I'm good, we're good, we're just not going to be together anymore but we're still partners and best friends (we don't do the sex thing though, 'cause if I wanted that part, with him, then he wouldn't be my STBXH. But her situation is different.) Our separation is very amicable and we are lived together through it temporarily for RE reasons. And no matter who comes into my life, they'll need to understand my STBX husband is still my family and will ALWAYS be around. And anyone he's with will need to understand that as well, period. It might be weird to some, but oddly in my family the divorced party never actually seems to go away, lol. We still have ex-BIL, SILs, aunts and uncles at family trips, parties and barbeques. And we're all good with that. 

I think it's true as mentioned that if she was in LI she likely wouldn't get divorced, and that there's nothing ulterior about why they're doing it. That said, I don't think she's being unrealistic but she just hasn't hit the part where even if you know it's the right decision, you're gonna be sad and grieve the "what was/could have been" part. I think that's what the ladies are trying to say but fucking it up in their typical know-it-all fashions. 

With respect to the waiting part, yes it's true you could wait it out but then you have what my kids are having - big concerns that the marriage they saw as ideal for 36 years is breaking up, so why should they get married since even the ones you think will last, don't? They're both single and were only barely okay with marriage because of us, now they're both seriously rethinking. I tell them it was a very good marriage for at least 35 years, so if they're worried, they can be optimistic it will work out for at least that long. LOL.

STBX husband?  That's a new one to me.  What does it mean?

3 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

If this hasn't been answered...just started reading the forum....pill popper and girlfriend he works with.

Most likely the reason he will "gladly pay her double" in support - His company does not approve of dating co-workers.

??? I haven't read anything other than Gina's version that she and Matt have grown apart. Can you elaborate? Matt is a pill popper, and has a girlfriend who is a co-worker??? Where are you getting this info as I haven't seen it on here (but may have missed it) and don't frequent other sites. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, A-Lo said:

STBX husband?  That's a new one to me.  What does it mean?

Thanks for asking.   I don't know what it means either.   

ETA: I miss real words :(

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, JuliesMommy said:

I pray that they continue to replay the clip of Kelly calling out that twerpy/dorky/lil bitch for the rest of the season.

This little guy wants his orange more then any ho-wife we’ve seen in this entire franchise! He can barely hold in his snark, and his jazz hands from coming out.  Never have I’ve seen a ho-husband so damn desperate for camera time, even Jim marchese (rhnj) had his limits. He constantly gives major side eye to his wife, the way he looks at her disgustingly when she tries to steal the spotlight ei. (red romper she wore to eddies bday) is so obvious to me, that he’s fully gay and this marriage is truly a cover up for his religious beliefs. I’m waiting for this guy to come out... and honestly there is nothing wrong with that! He just needs to own up to it already. It’s pretty transparent I think. 

Id like to add that I think Emily knows this and is ok with it and is the reason why it hit such a trigger when Kelly called him “ a little bitch” jmo 

I'd rather clean Archie's anal glands than apologize to that little bitch, Shane.....Kelly's a better person than moi. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Shane was nicer to Kelly than I would have been. And if I recall correctly, Shane is an attorney. He was a practicing attorney in Utah but has not written the bar exam to practice in Cali. Or did he write it and fail and hasn't rewritten? Can't remember. It may be that he prefers what he is doing now to being a lawyer. I know several lawyers, and I can't say that any of them love their jobs, including one who has only been a lawyer for 5 years, and a couple that have been lawyers for 40 years. 

When I was googling to see if Shane actually practiced in another state (as I thought he had) I came across info that he has a YouTube channel devoted to his children. Matt could take a lesson on how to be an involved dad, as opposed to one who prefers to spend the majority of his time in another city. 

In any case everyone's mileage varies. I have liked Shane from the start (likely because he reminds me of me - lol) and continue to. 

I always feel like (IMHO) his wife walks on egg shells around him. 

3 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

??? I haven't read anything other than Gina's version that they she and Matt have grown apart. Can you elaborate? Matt is a pill popper, and has a girlfriend who is a co-worker??? Where are you getting this info as I haven't seen it on here (but may have missed it) and don't frequent other sites. 

I believe it's the same girlfriend from the east coast - and it's a big no no in his company to date someone within the work place.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I always feel like (IMHO) his wife walks on egg shells around him. 

I believe it's the same girlfriend from the east coast - and it's a big no no in his company to date someone within the work place.

I am sure many people think my husband walks on egg shells around me. And sometimes he does. But the only two people who know the truth about their relationship and how it works for them are the two in it. Hubby and I have very different personalities which works for us as we complement each other. I love how kind he is. He loves that I don't mind being the bad guy in a situation when it is needed as he is just too nice of a person to be the bad guy for the most part. But sometimes someone has to be. 

Now I am even more confused about Matt and Gina. What girlfriend from the east coast? Would his company not frown on a married employee with a girlfriend no matter where she worked? Do you have a link to this info? Thanks! 

• Love 5