Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

I don't have any kids of my own, but...

...those "designs" are the most impractical, stupid things I have ever seen.  Even a childfree person like me can see that.

And that fringe looks like it would itch little legs and little tummies.  Kids are supposed to play while wearing this?

DB0lrgRW0AY3COx.jpg

• Love 12
(edited)

Wow, look at Cate's body language when she is asked about the Xanax.  She did that weird thing with her mouth, looks to me like she doesn't want to admit that she likes benzos and took that Xanax.   

I don't get the fringe at all.   It's like int he 90s when everything had a peace sign on it like it was the sixties again.   But stupider.  And more uncomfortable.  

Edited by lexiexx
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, lexiexx said:

Wow, look at Cate's body language when she is asked about the Xanax.  She did that weird thing with her mouth, looks to me like she doesn't want to admit that she likes benzos and took that Xanax.   

I don't get the fringe at all.   It's like int he 90s when everything had a peace sign on it like it was the sixties again.   But stupider.  And more uncomfortable.  

She completely took the Xanax. 

• Love 12
On 7/8/2017 at 10:20 AM, Lm2162 said:

Seems fishy. 

So fishy it still has a hook in its mouth. 

One, I call bullshit on the "trigger."  That kid has been left alone - with degenerates like Butch and April - but she's anxious about Tyler bringing her to her first day of "school" (can we stop calling daycare "school"?)...  sure. Two, she's abused street Xanax for so long that she calls it a "bar".  Three, you're not going to shove a bar into a hoodie. It's going to roll out. 

Kudos to Dr. Drew here because it seems like he actually paid attention to whatever clip they showed him and had genuine questions. 

• Love 13

She needs take notes from a professional bullshitter like maci.   Maci would have slow blinked and then denied any knowledge of anything except seeing something out of the corner of her eye and honoring girl code by telling Amber.   

• Love 7
15 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

I don't have any kids of my own, but...

...those "designs" are the most impractical, stupid things I have ever seen.  Even a childfree person like me can see that.

And that fringe looks like it would itch little legs and little tummies.  Kids are supposed to play while wearing this?

DB0lrgRW0AY3COx.jpg

Welcome to little girls' clothes in general. My daughter is six and we haven't bought clothes for her in the "girls" section since she was an infant. For the past five years, we've been shopping in boys. My husband had a breakdown in Wal-Mart while trying to shop for "play clothes" and finding little but daisy dukes and lace. Although you CAN find regular shorts and tops, and they're not all frilly things like this, I still think boys' clothes are better made and more practical for kids. Besides, my girl hates pink and anything that looks "girly." She wants super heroes, dinosaurs, and monster trucks. I actually kind of mourn her resistance to "girl" clothes because the little dresses are super cute and when she show up to a function, my girl is the only one without a frilly skirt and ribbons in her hair (although I DID buy a boys' suit for her and we decorated it with iron-on dog appliques), I'll take my little tomboy for however she is. 

• Love 14

Ugh, I hate shopping for my daughter. Right now I buy most stuff online at Children's Place. I get her leggings in full length or capris and longer shirts. It's so hard to find stuff that is a decent length and doesn't have designs all over the butt! 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

One, I call bullshit on the "trigger."  That kid has been left alone - with degenerates like Butch and April - but she's anxious about Tyler bringing her to her first day of "school" (can we stop calling daycare "school"?)...  sure. Two, she's abused street Xanax for so long that she calls it a "bar".  Three, you're not going to shove a bar into a hoodie. It's going to roll out. 

Kudos to Dr. Drew here because it seems like he actually paid attention to whatever clip they showed him and had genuine questions. 

Oh, is that what she was saying?? I had no idea what she was referencing there. A "bar" of Xanax? Someone's used a little too often...

• Love 5
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'll take my little tomboy for however she is. 

Right on, Mama.

5 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

A "bar" of Xanax? Someone's used a little too often...

Catelynn is the reason the rest of us have so much trouble getting medication that we legitimately need.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

Oh, is that what she was saying?? I had no idea what she was referencing there. A "bar" of Xanax? Someone's used a little too often...

I agree. I had no clue what a bar was when the kids were talking about taking bars. How the hell would she know what a fucking bar is unless she has done it or been around someone who has. So it is probably both because this is Cate we are talking about. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, butterbody said:

That fringe would not survive one washing, but these hillbillies don't do laundry so it never occurred to them.

Plus, they never actually have their daughter in actual clothes, just a tshirt and her underwear. They have absolutely no idea what makes sense for children's play clothes. Add that in with the fact that their taste is atrocious and you get hideous clothes that aren't practical.  Who would buy that stuff?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I also had no clue what a "bar" was. Thank you for clarifying that she put it in her hoodie pocket. I thought she said "puddy pocket" and was wondering if that was her name for her vagina. Ugh, she's totally lying.

• Love 7
Just now, toodywoody said:

I agree. I had no clue what a bar was when the kids were talking about taking bars. How the hell would she know what a fucking bar is unless she has done it or been around someone who has. So it is probably both because this is Cate we are talking about. 

I assume she and Tyler learned a lot of lingo growing up with their junkie parents...then they started using themselves when they were 12 or so, they've said. I believe that Tyler doesn't use any more (except maybe pot, but not as much as Cate), but Cate absolutely seems like a pill head to me. 

A sort of strange general question: does anybody think Cate and Tyler actually love each other? Does she love him and he's just obligated to her? Does he love her and she's just dependent on him? Are they both just codependent and there's no real love there at all? Curious what people think. 

9 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I assume she and Tyler learned a lot of lingo growing up with their junkie parents...then they started using themselves when they were 12 or so, they've said. I believe that Tyler doesn't use any more (except maybe pot, but not as much as Cate), but Cate absolutely seems like a pill head to me. 

A sort of strange general question: does anybody think Cate and Tyler actually love each other? Does she love him and he's just obligated to her? Does he love her and she's just dependent on him? Are they both just codependent and there's no real love there at all? Curious what people think. 

Tyler loves himself too much to love Cate. Cate loves her own skin too much to love Tyler. 

• Love 4

Tyler would have left cate a long time ago if not for the show and speaking engagements which equals money for them.    He is with her for pay imo.   

I don't see any attraction there at all.  Even Matt pretends to be attracted to Amber.    

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

IMO Tyler would still be in New Orleans and nowhere near Cate but he realized he didn't like being a bottom. NTTAWTW.

It's like Tyler and catelynn should have been on shameless instead of teen mom sometimes.  Lol

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lexiexx said:

Tyler would have left cate a long time ago if not for the show and speaking engagements which equals money for them.    He is with her for pay imo.   

I don't see any attraction there at all.  Even Matt pretends to be attracted to Amber.    

I agree. On Couples Therapy he also admitted he feels like he stayed out of guilt sometimes because "people see them as the perfect all-American couple" (his claim, not mine, lol). I think the "what do people think of me" drive is strong with him. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I agree. On Couples Therapy he also admitted he feels like he stayed out of guilt sometimes because "people see them as the perfect all-American couple" (his claim, not mine, lol). I think the "what do people think of me" drive is strong with him. 

I think so, too. Ty is almost always referencing their fans and he did one time say in an interview how it was their support that got them through a lot of what they have been through.

I also believe Cate knows Ty stayed out of guilt, which is why she manipulates him. By having an anxiety attack, the crying fits, the depression-filled weeks, she can control him and keep him there.

• Love 11

I think that Catelynn is absolutely obsessed with Tyler.  Playing Junior Psychologist over here, I'd wager that she grew up not feeling love from anyone and then Tyler came along. He was the one person who seemed to have genuine feelings for her.  When she got pregnant, I think she started fantasizing about how this could fix everything for her by letting her and Tyler and their baby be a family.  She would no longer be in the dysfunctional family that she was in with April and Butch.  Then, Tyler pretty much told her that if she kept the baby, he was done.  She saw her world crumbling around her and placed Carly for adoption in hopes of keeping Tyler.  She still wonders what might have been had she kept Carly, though, and I do believe that Nova is a replacement baby of sorts which is very tragic.  Catelynn, I think, does love Tyler... at least, I think she loves him in the only way she is really capable of loving.  However, since she can't even love herself, I don't think that what she feels for Tyler is what we in the real world in functional, healthy relationships would consider love.

Now Tyler is a different scenario.  I think that things started out similar to Catelynn.  I think that he grew up feeling really rejected by his dad and just wanted to feel like a man. Enter Catelynn would gave him that reassurance.  I think that when she got pregnant, he was already losing interest and had absolutely no intention of raising a baby.  Whether she put the child up for adoption or not, he had no intention of taking care of that baby.  That's why he was saying he was out the door.  He wanted to have some fun but wasn't looking for the long haul.  Then 16 and Pregnant happened and then Teen Mom.  He liked the paycheck and all of the girls telling him how great he is.  He saw that the other guys of Teen Mom weren't getting that same attention because Gary and Ryan weren't seen as being nice to Amber and Maci.  I think he saw that keeping his relationship with Catelynn was his key to popularity.  Tyler might be many things, but I don't think stupid is one of them.  At this point, I think that he does care for her, but I don't think it is anything like a romantic love.  I think that they have bonded over their shared past and are together almost out of habit at this point.  I think that once she show ends, these two will have another couple of years before going their separate ways.  Tyler will do the leaving thinking that he will hook up with one of his fan girls who will not stay interested for long with the Teen Mom fame slowly fading away. Catelynn will absolutely be destroyed. 

• Love 18

I got the vibe that catelynn was in puppy love with Tyler and Tyler was just in the relationship because she would have sex with him.  Then when she got pregnant he stuck around because he wanted to control the situation and coerce her into the adoption plan.   When they got involved with that adoption agency they were praised for their decision and MTV only magnified that. Tyler seems very manipulative and pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth is fake and what he thinks makes his image look good.   I don't think that he was really affected by the adoption but cate was.   

He piggy backed off of cates story.  She actually lived with an addict and whatever loser boyfriends the addict mother was with.   In comparison Tyler lived in a normal house with his mom.   His issues were mainly that his dad wasn't around.   A blessing compared to having to live with a violent drug addict.    

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

does anybody think Cate and Tyler actually love each other?

They're deeply enmeshed in an unhealthy relationship.  I personally believe that Cate would at least attempt suicide if Tyler were to ever leave her.  This is problematic for a number of reasons, not the least of which being that Tyler is gay.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

I think so, too. Ty is almost always referencing their fans and he did one time say in an interview how it was their support that got them through a lot of what they have been through.

I also believe Cate knows Ty stayed out of guilt, which is why she manipulates him. By having an anxiety attack, the crying fits, the depression-filled weeks, she can control him and keep him there.

Whatevet happened to those fits? And the depression? All magically got better over 6 months? Guess it is the same as Leahs narcolepsy.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, saratothej said:

I also had no clue what a "bar" was. Thank you for clarifying that she put it in her hoodie pocket. I thought she said "puddy pocket" and was wondering if that was her name for her vagina. Ugh, she's totally lying.

Dead. Cannot stop laughing. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Court said:

Dead. Cannot stop laughing. 

I just keep imagining Tyler coming out of the closet and writing a picture book titled 'when boys don't like puddy pockets'. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

They're deeply enmeshed in an unhealthy relationship.  I personally believe that Cate would at least attempt suicide if Tyler were to ever leave her.  This is problematic for a number of reasons, not the least of which being that Tyler is gay.

I believe she would fake a suicide attempt. She probably has threatened him with it already.

Whatevet happened to those fits? And the depression? All magically got better over 6 months? Guess it is the same as Leahs narcolepsy.

It's a miracle! Just like Maci's two babies and Kail's third on-purpose pregnancy.

This is what Tyler said to her a year ago on the show about her anxiety and depression issues which she continued to "suffer" from after her return from rehab:

You know what Cate? You better figure something out soon. Listen, if you go into this thing again I got to check out. I’ll get hardened. I’ll close everyone off."

Maybe this is why she has eased off on the fake depression and crying fits. Tyler made his threat and she is worried he will leave.

@lexiexx according to Tyler, he was sexually abused by the age of 9. He claims Cate didn't give in to sex for ten months: http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/03/03/tyler-baltierra-sexually-abused-teen-mom-book-conquering-chaos/

This horrific incident left Tyler wanting to have sex with girls his own age, but they were only 10 years old. And if they didn’t “put out,” he dumped them. But when Catelynn gave in to Tyler’s sexual desires, after 10 months of dating, they went all out – “banging in his mom’s trailer.”

“Once we’d done it once, we were doing it all the time! After waiting so long we turned into crazy, horny teenagers. It was so bad,” Catelynn said.

• Love 1

Catelynn supposedly threatened to commit suicide when he was in New Orleans, and that is why he returned home. He also wasn't down with the type of sex his "manager" wanted, wouldn't put out, and spent a lot of his "manager's" money, making him weary of keeping Tyler around since he wouldn't keep up his end of the bargain.

Whether Cate would seriously attempt to kill herself or just make it look like she was going to commit suicide isn't clear to me. There have been a few times that I've thought she was really struggling emotionally, but other times I'm in the club who thinks she uses depression as a matter of control and attention. I don't think she is in a healthy place as far as the adoption goes, and that is mainly because she did it to keep Tyler and realizes that Tyler doesn't want her, just the Teen Mom attention and money. She was also mislead by Dawn and is unable to see how her actions, along with Tyler's, are the reason Brandon and Theresa have limited contact with Carly. I can see those thoughts becoming overwhelming when Tyler leaves her and bringing her to the edge, where actual suicide could happen. But on the other hand, she's so full of shit and has threatened before, making it hard for me to take seriously.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Christina said:

Catelynn supposedly threatened to commit suicide when he was in New Orleans, and that is why he returned home. He also wasn't down with the type of sex his "manager" wanted, wouldn't put out, and spent a lot of his "manager's" money, making him weary of keeping Tyler around since he wouldn't keep up his end of the bargain.

Whether Cate would seriously attempt to kill herself or just make it look like she was going to commit suicide isn't clear to me. There have been a few times that I've thought she was really struggling emotionally, but other times I'm in the club who thinks she uses depression as a matter of control and attention. I don't think she is in a healthy place as far as the adoption goes, and that is mainly because she did it to keep Tyler and realizes that Tyler doesn't want her, just the Teen Mom attention and money. She was also mislead by Dawn and is unable to see how her actions, along with Tyler's, are the reason Brandon and Theresa have limited contact with Carly. I can see those thoughts becoming overwhelming when Tyler leaves her and bringing her to the edge, where actual suicide could happen. But on the other hand, she's so full of shit and has threatened before, making it hard for me to take seriously.

Oh I agree. I think she has not dealt with the adoption and I do believe she would attempt a suicide attempt if he left. I think that is how she keeps him around, with her depression and shit, but I think he has caught on to her being all talk and is too busy trying not to be the bad guy and doesn't want to lose his fans. 

• Love 7

What kept him around was the massive bump in TM pay.  They went from paupers to princesses in December 2012.  He ran right back to Michigan to pose for his "I'm sorry I ran off" damage control Christmas tree photo shoot -- just in time for Catelynn's first big check.  Dude even wore the suit pants and shirt that his New Orleans 'friend' purchased for him.

p.s.  The stress of the split made Catelynn look the best ever, IMO.

IMG_4791.JPG

• Love 10
(edited)
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't think Tyler's home with Kim was normal and healthy. At the very least I think he was neglected.

Yeah, I don't think with that father we can describe his childhood as anything but abusive. That's one of the only times I really feel for him-- when he interacts with Butch. You can see the deep, long standing sadness in his eyes. I hate the guy but I still think it's sad. Makes me think of the kids on this show. I have little faith that Kaiser and Jace, for example, won't grow up to be assholes, given their mother and fathers. But the first time they get arrested (and they will) it'll make me think of Jenelle (and Nathan/Andrew) first. They don't have much of a chance, especially Kaiser. It's sad. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6

butch was never there from what I noticed tyler saying.  Butch was serving time and then at aprils with catelynn.     I'm not saying it was a white picket fence upbringing like maci or Chelsea had.  Just that it was nowhere near what cates life was.   

He wishes it was different but because butch is the way that he is, it was for the best that he was uninvolved imo

• Love 3
(edited)

From my understanding Butch was in and out a lot. I don't think he was in prison the entire time, hence all the talk now about the promises he's breaking for the 8,000th time. That alone is pretty traumatizing. But I agree that Catelynn went through much worse on a day to day basis. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I think Cate loves Tyler in a desperate/co-dependent/Ican'tgetanyoneelse way. I think Tyler loves her in the way you love a life long friend. I see no spark there. I don't think Tyler will ever leave while the show is on. He loves being the better half of the "America's Sweetheart" couple. 

• Love 8
(edited)
12 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Exclusive pics of the fall line. Yeti Fur hotpants for your toddlers!!

IMG_4792.jpg

YETI FUR??????????????  Best! Description!  Ever!  In the words of Rachel Zoe, " I literally die"

Edited by teapot
took me a second to recognize "satire" when I see it
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, teapot said:

YETI FUR??????????????  I literally die.  (and not in a good, Rachel Zoe sort of way)

Yeti Fur is better then Sasquatch Suede.  Haters need to shut up. 

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Yeti Fur is better then Sasquatch Suede.  Haters need to shut up. 

And better than bigfoot burlap or skunk ape satin. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6