Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

How many life long passions has Tyler ( big time star of Teen Mom OG) had in the last 6 months?

So many passions, so many many passions...to distract himself from what his REAL passion is.  Hint: it's in New Orleans.

• Love 8
(edited)

Speaking of Carly, an old clip of Tyler's sister informing him how wrong he is for posting videos of Carly: 

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/hsahdv/teen-mom-tyler-in-trouble

Tyler and Cate at odds over him posting the video:  http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/8zbx3s/teen-mom-featured-moments-internet-trouble

Tyler: "You would not be parents if not for me" http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/vq6939/teen-mom-featured-moments-communication-management

Cate: "Nothing in the adoption is legally binding" http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/l0c2yd/teen-mom-brandon-and-theresa

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

Remember on Parks and Rec when Tim Haverford went tech free? Cate would fare about as well. I challenge Cate to go tech free for a week. No fb, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, texting, tee vee. She couldn't last.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, druzy said:

This is hilarious coming from Cate! BTW Cate, technology existed way before the 90's. 

Hahaha!  Hold on while I get my old rotary phone out so I can dial up Al Gore and get his take on this.  It's gonna take awhile.  ??

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, druzy said:

This is hilarious coming from Cate! BTW Cate, technology existed way before the 90's. 

Wow. It's like she's trying to sound as stupid as possible. Technology was "almost non existent" in the 90s? Please tell me someone called her out on this stupidity.

I know, it's also hypocrisy coming from her, but it was such a stupid thing to say, it's like being a hypocrite has to come in second to being stupid.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Wow. It's like she's trying to sound as stupid as possible. Technology was "almost non existent" in the 90s? Please tell me someone called her out on this stupidity.

I know, it's also hypocrisy coming from her, but it was such a stupid thing to say, it's like being a hypocrite has to come in second to being stupid.

So true!

• Love 1

I can't 

49 minutes ago, MissMel said:

Hahaha!  Hold on while I get my old rotary phone out so I can dial up Al Gore and get his take on this.  It's gonna take awhile.  ??

lol 

Cate must have caught TyTy using technology for reasons other than posting countless hashtags to their minions. 

• Love 9

Cate is just really, really, unintelligent. I used to feel sorry for her and think maybe she was reasonably smart in some areas, but just wasn't good at school and wasn't book smart and therefore was unfairly painted as a moron. But no, she has no common sense in any area. I mean, Ty-Ty is no Steve Jobs but he sadly is the brains of that operation.

Other than making poor decisions, is there any area in which Amber, Cate, or Leah Messer have shown even the barest aptitude, or are they all just completely incompetent at life?

• Love 18
(edited)
18 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Speaking of Carly, an old clip of Tyler's sister informing him how wrong he is for posting videos of Carly: 

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/hsahdv/teen-mom-tyler-in-trouble

Tyler and Cate at odds over him posting the video:  http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/8zbx3s/teen-mom-featured-moments-internet-trouble

Tyler: "You would not be parents if not for me" http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/vq6939/teen-mom-featured-moments-communication-management

Cate: "Nothing in the adoption is legally binding" http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/l0c2yd/teen-mom-brandon-and-theresa

I get seriously stabby when I hear the words "sacrifice" "power struggle" (as in B&T) and the phrase "You wouldn't be parents if it weren't for me" come from TyTy's smug face. I seriously feel something close to hate for him. STFU Asshole.

TyTy's sister had him completely nailed. It's amazing that someone from that family has that much awareness. I really thought it was non existent in that family.

Can someone remind me of the reason Kim called B&T in the early seasons?

2 hours ago, MissMel said:

And don't try to call while I'm on the phone. You'll just get a busy signal.

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
Misspelling
  • Love 8
(edited)
19 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Can someone remind me of the reason Kim called B&T in the early seasons?

I think that was for Tyler's graduation. They wanted B&T to come, and asked Dawn if it would be appropriate to ask them. Which, reminds me that back in the day C&T actually had some semblance of boundaries and respect. Dawn suggested that they ask via a letter, to allow B&T time to think about it without being put on the spot. C&T sent the letter and B&T responded that they were very flattered to be asked and they would put some serious thought into it. I took that to mean they didn't want to do it, (probably to avoid seeing C&T's extended family and possibly cameras), but they did care about Tyler, wanted to cheer him on, and were going to noodle it over for a couple days. Tyler didn't seem to be discouraged and said he was halfway expecting a decline, so to hear they were thinking about it was actually a pleasant surprise.

Kim, on the other hand, took it as a preliminary decline, and looked up B&T's home phone number on Tyler's phone, and called Teresa and gave her a massive guilt trip over the phone. Let's break that down for a minute. She inserts herself in a situation that had nothing to do with her, using an ill-gotten way of contact, and left a guilt trip on someone she's met like, once. B&T told Dawn, who called C&T in her office and basically said, do not allow members of your white trash family to contact B&T, particularly not to pressure them into doing something. When Tyler confronted Kim about it, she bursts into tears and basically plays the victim about how she just wanted to make Tyler happy and she thought Teresa would understand if the pressure came from another mother. It was ridiculous.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 14

In all fairness to C&T, they were pretty pissed at Kim. This was several years ago and like I said, they were a lot less entitled and annoying at that point. The ONLY appropriate response from Kim should have been apologies and a promise to never, ever contact B&T again, for any reason. Instead she starts crying like everyone is just being so mean to her and she was just being a good mom, trying to make her little baby's dream come true. Up until that point, Kim had been the only parent in the situation who seemed to understand that B&T were Carly's sole family, and rightfully held all the control when it came to Carly, but I guess that went out the window once she felt someone wronged her precious baby boy.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, druzy said:

That is hilarious. If it were the 90s, what would Cate stare at all day? Her pager? Waiting for Tyler to page her "911" because they're out of frozen pizza? 

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

That is hilarious. If it were the 90s, what would Cate stare at all day? Her pager? Waiting for Tyler to page her "911" because they're out of frozen pizza? 

It's funny you said that because I'm watching the marathon on mtv right now (I use the term watch loosely it's on while i clean) and at the commercials they asked the girls a random question and they just asked Cate what would she want if she could only have one thing on a desert island, and she said Tyler.  If she truly went back to the 90's and the "lack" of technology... she would lose her constant ability track Tyler. 

• Love 4

Which, reminds me that back in the day C&T actually had some semblance of boundaries and respect.

Thanks Tatum for the details on what Kim had done. I vaguely remembered, but you brought it all back to me. 

C&T did seem to have a lot more respect about the adoption in the early days, but with Tyler, his attitude changed way before Cate. In one of the clips that I linked to above, Cate is the one reminding Tyler about the adoption contract not being legally binding and telling him to restrain himself because they should be happy with what B&T give them. She was appreciative and grateful. Tyler, on the other hand, was demanding and trying to establish control. Over time, he has succeeded in getting Cate to see his point of view although you can still hear Cate mention at times she doesn't want to push B&T too much. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

And don't try to call while I'm on the phone. You'll just get a busy signal.

Then I'll have to make an Emergency Breakthrough! 

• Love 6
(edited)

Y'all need my old phone number?  It's 6-3553.  If no one answers, we're at 6-5414.  Now ask me what my husband's current phone number is because I have absolutely no idea.  I don't think I know my kids' numbers either.  I do know my dad's but he got that back in 'the '90's before technology happened.  So it doesn't count.

And I begged my parents for one of these, back in the stone ages: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIc   Still pissed off I never got a Dino the Dinosaur.

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

My best friend and I made so many calls our parents were charged 75c per breakthrough. Not happy. 

Yep.  Only did that a couple of times.  And "wait to call her after 7", too.

• Love 5

Tyler changes his sexual abuse story, again:

RC: You've mentioned that you suffered from sexual abuse when you were younger. Can you go into a quick overview of how long that went on and how long it took for you to speak up about what was going on?

TB: The first time I was sexually abused was by my sister’s friend, who is four years older than I am. I was only about nine. She forced me to do things my innocent young brain had no clue about up until that point. It went on for an entire day straight; it was violent, rough, and very forceful. The other time was also with one of my older sister’s friends, but at this point, I was about 12 and she was about 16. My sister was watching me while my mom worked a night shift at the bar. We went over to her friend’s house where they were having a party. The younger kids had to stay in the bedroom and watch movies. As time went on and the teens partied, my sister’s friend came into the room. She made me do things to her and she did things to me and I just pretended to be asleep. It only lasted for about an hour.

Those events shaped my idea of sex and made me very hypersexual at an age when being hypersexual was inappropriate. I spoke up randomly trying to gauge people’s responses to what had happened, and was surprised that all the boys I told didn’t think it was a big deal. They thought it was “cool.” I think harboring this and getting the impression that it wasn’t that big of a deal made me feel very alone and different. I wanted someone to acknowledge that it was wrong and help justify why I felt so guilty. I thought at that age that sexual abuse when it comes to boys just wasn’t that big of a deal.  

It is completely believable that he was sexually abused by a peer, but his story keeps changing. There are two different perpetrators, and the abuse was violent. Before, it was only one and he loved it, not knowing it was wrong or how it would change his mental outlook and behavior when it came to sex. It's like he read a story and tried to apply it to himself, just like with the story of his suicide attempt. He's not Farrah, so I'm inclined to believe him, but suspect that he doesn't think the actual abuse is "bad enough" so he is padding his story. 

When I worked for an attorney, he was occasionally court appointed for criminal cases. A lot of times the victim would would enhance the story because they didn't think the abuse was bad enough, which made the jurors not trust anything they said. The police would show up and they would tell them that their partner shoved them into a wall, but at trial would testify that the partner pulled their hair out and busted their heads on the wall, because just shoving wasn't taken serious by their friends and family and they thought the needed more. Only, as soon the cop testified that they weren't told any of that, didn't see any damage to the wall where they said they were shoved, and didn't see any hair torn out and the jury acquitted the accused.

When the firm represented someone on the request for a Protection Order, I always had to have the conversation with them about keeping to the truth, not downplaying or upplaying anything, because the truth is enough. Tyler's changing story makes it hard to take him seriously, and I already think his suicide attempt is a lie. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Christina said:

Tyler changes his sexual abuse story, again:

It is completely believable that he was sexually abused by a peer, but his story keeps changing. There are two different perpetrators, and the abuse was violent. Before, it was only one and he loved it, not knowing it was wrong or how it would change his mental outlook and behavior when it came to sex. It's like he read a story and tried to apply it to himself, just like with the story of his suicide attempt. He's not Farrah, so I'm inclined to believe him, but suspect that he doesn't think the actual abuse is "bad enough" so he is padding his story. 

Teen Mom star Tyler Baltierra revealed several dark secrets from his past in his new book with Catelynn Lowell, Conquering Chaos. In addition to speaking of his stressful childhood, which was plagued with drug use and instability, Baltierra exposed his past sexual abuse.

According to a March 2 report by Radar Online, the Teen Mom star opened up in the book about being sexually molested at the age of 9 by a friend of his older sister.

“One day I went over to her house with my sister and some other people, and for some reason or another, everyone else left but this older girl and me. For the next several hours, it was sex act after sex act after sex act. It went on all day. She had us [doing] everything she could think of, one thing after another.”

After the abuse took place, the Teen Mom star claimed to have a distorted view of what sex was, which led him to make a series of irresponsible choices.  http://www.inquisitr.com/1892457/teen-mom-star-tyler-baltierra-was-sexually-abused-as-a-9-year-old/

From RadarOnline:

Despite feeling scared and confused after the incident, Baltierra didn’t confide in his parents.

“The earlier you do a sexual act when you’re a boy, it’s cool. I didn’t know how wrong it really was,” he explains. “I started bragging about it [to friends] to see the reaction.”

He later sought emotional help in therapy and is now at peace with his past.

From his book (an online excerpt):

This horrific incident left Tyler wanting to have sex with girls his own age, but they were only 10 years old. And if they didn’t “put out,” he dumped them. But when Catelynn gave in to Tyler’s sexual desires, after 10 months of dating, they went all out – “banging in his mom’s trailer.”

“Once we’d done it once, we were doing it all the time! After waiting so long we turned into crazy, horny teenagers. It was so bad,” Catelynn said.

When Tyler first started touring with Bethany, his story was that he had sex at age 12 with a friend of his sister after that girl initiated it, and I think she was around his age. He spoke of it as a positive, not realizing until he got older the effect it had on him. Because he had already been sexually active, he sought a girlfriend who would also want to be sexual active, and Cate fell in love with him. They didn't use birth control because they were young and dumb and eventually she got pregnant. 

When his book came out, his story changed to him being nine. Then, the newest interview has him saying both the situations at age 9 and age 12, and says they were both violent. There is no argument that sex with a 9 year old is assault, and at 12 it wasn't much better, especially if the girl was 16. He couldn't consent and it is illegal for a reason. There is no doubt that it caused his hypersexual behaviors, whether he thinks it was consensual or realizes it was not. 

The first time he mentioned the sexual assault was this tweet in September 2013, I think, with the book being published shortly thereafter:

https://twitter.com/TylerBaltierra/status/375252191566524418/photo/1

I'm not going to quibble over the difference between age 8 and 9, just that he told one story, then a different one, and has now added to it. Victims of sexual abuse tend to be victimized by more than one person, so it is entirely possible both happened, but his story keeps changing and growing.

• Love 6

5952760d8554a_CT.thumb.JPG.2b6c0eb29482bad3e2a1d1f65ba9cd19.JPG

This right here pisses me off.  It's not rational, I'll give that.  But excuse me?  They clearly have no idea what it takes to have ducks.  "Where's the other little yellow one?" "He's probably dead, honey."  Yes, he probably is.  So how about you two fools leave the other ones alone?  Clearly, they will follow you.  This is a clear case of taking on  responsibility for another living being and not being up to the task.

I had a pet duck growing up.  My mom used to bitch about it.  "I don't want that thing shitting in my house!"  He pooped in the dining room once.  I cleaned it up.  After that, he came up stairs, with my German Shepherd puppy, and we ate Froot Loops straight out of the box, on my waterbed.  They're not stupid.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Sad they dump their child at daycare school while taking on animals. 

I know that daycares get a bad rap a lot, but I am actually all for them in Tyler and Cate's case. For a few hours a day, she gets adult supervision and attention from a responsible adult, healthy meals and a snack, socialization with other children, and is intellectually stimulated. 

I agree with @ghoulina (I think it was her) that said schooling is starting younger and younger these days. What they're doing in kindergarten NOW is what most of us were doing in second grade 20 years ago. My daughter was meant to start kindergarten last year but we had to hold her back because she didn't pass the initial specs upon entering. She had to be able to count to 50, read the alphabet and recite it, be able to answer basic math questions (addition and subtraction), have a story read to her and be able to answer the questions about it, etc. And this was a public school. My daughter turned 5 right before school started so she was basically still in the mindset of a 4 year old. We held her back while we worked on these things with her. In the past, most of these things were taught in kindergarten; now they're expected to know them going in. My daughter actually knew them, she was just incredibly shy. She's never been around anyone but those she knows (immediate family and a few friends) and she was not very emotionally mature. She has created an imaginary friend, a dog, and when she gets nervous she talks to Spot and assures him that everything is okay. Sometimes she "becomes" the dog.  I suspect Nova is the same way, shy and socially awkward, but for different reasons. In hindsight, I WISH I had enrolled my daughter in daycare for a few hours a week to prepare her for "real" school. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I am not knocking daycare per se. I am knocking the fact that C&T have the energy, the "passion" for different projects, and the desire to "care" for several animals but none of that gung-ho attitude for their own daughter. 

Those two can't bother to get jobs, but they can buy five automobiles. 

Cate can't lose weight because she is "oh so depressed" and can't muster the energy to get off her fucking couch, but she can plan several trips and travel to California, PR, Hawaii, rent a beach house for a week, and take off for a week at the ski lodge at Camp Snoopy or whatever the name of the place is. 

Cate can't do any damn thing, but she can go house hunting. 

See where I am going with this? They can do things, they just won't when it comes to their child. That is sad. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12

Tyler didn't want any of their children. HE likes the be the "child", so to speak. The center of attention. I'm not saying keeping Carly would have been a good idea, but I don't think Cate would have given her up without Tyler's insistence. And I think that's why she has such unresolved issues with it. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Tyler didn't want any of their children. HE likes the be the "child", so to speak. The center of attention. I'm not saying keeping Carly would have been a good idea, but I don't think Cate would have given her up without Tyler's insistence. And I think that's why she has such unresolved issues with it. 

Truth. Catelynn agreed to the adoption ONLY to keep Tyler. She would have kept Carly otherwise. I can only imagine the pain Catelynn felt when Tyler ran off to New Orleans to explore his sexuality act. She made the ultimate sacrifice and he disappeared the moment someone promised him something than stroked his ego. He came running back to Michigan when MTV added another zero to everyone's contracts. If MTV kept them at $25,000/season, he would have never came back. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I am not knocking daycare per se. I am knocking the fact that C&T have the energy, the "passion" for different projects, and the desire to "care" for several animals but none of that gung-ho attitude for their own daughter. 

Exactly. I am a working mom and I use daycare 50+ hours a week (I have a commute on top of the work day). I have zero guilt about taking a day off from work and still using daycare if I need to get stuff done.

But not having a job and still using daycare full time? Sad. I understand the logic that the daycare is probably still providing stimulation for Nova she wouldn't otherwise get at home and is therefore a fundamentally good thing, but that doesn't mean I find it very impressive to utilize daycare because you're too damn lazy to take care of your child.

• Love 4