Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

I am going to sound like such a snarky bitch, but I am truly shocked at how much weight Catelynn has gained.  I mean, she was never a skinny minnie, but if you look at pictures of her prior to her pregnancy with Nova, how she looked at her bachelorette party, Nova's first birthday, and then now, she has gained A LOT of weight in just a couple of years.  That puts a lot of strain on your heart and then when you think about the added strain to her heart by her smoking everything but her shoes and you have a recipe for some serious health problems.  

• Love 16

I'm glad you are all my people... when I read the about me I was thinking wtf, this has nothing to do with clothes, but I thought maybe I was just being bitchy, but you guys share my sentiment. 

I was thinking, trying to decide if that was normal or not, lots of sites have about me sections but they are usually not front and center, and they don't usually read like a full blown biography. 

I have a friend who has a clothing line, it's been featured on shark tank and it's follow up specials, and it's been really successful (I'm not saying it's name because I'm not trying to advertise). I went and looked at her about me section and it is pretty detailed so I thought maybe it is normal and I'm a bitch, BUT, there is a difference, her story is directly related to how she made her clothing line (long story short she delivered a still born baby after being on strict bed rest for like 5 weeks, took up sewing/knitting, she got pregnant again and was pretty much immediately put on strict hospital bed rest. She made herself some cute little boot socks and once the baby was born she wore them out in public. She always got comments on them and people asking if she could make them some, so she started selling them out of her house and grew from there, then went on shark tank and partnered with Lori and is doing amazing) it's a random comparison, but I can see why she included her story on her page, but C&T's just seems like a self serving display of how great they are, and really isn't even about the clothes.

Plus there's like 4 sentences about Carly, and barely a mention of Nova.

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

smoking everything but her shoes

Yes.  "The Munchies" are a real thing.  You all probably already know this, but part of the reason why marijuana is so helpful with cancer patients and chronically ill people is that it increases the appetite.  And, if you have ever been under the influence of MJ, chances are you know that the flavor of food tends to be greatly, um, enhanced.

If you are otherwise healthy and sitting there under the influence with the munchies and you never move from your couch, you are going to have a problem...fast.

I use marijuana to help me with my sleep.  I have bipolar disorder and I take Big Pharma meds to manage it, but MJ is the thing that really helps me get a decent 8-10 hours, no interruptions, just pure beautiful sleep.  I only use it on the weekend, otherwise I would never get anything done!  I will admit to having put on close to 10 lbs. since I got my medical marijuana card.

ETA:

What in the hell does Carly and that whole situation have to do with "Tierra Reign"?  CARLY IS NOT A BALTIERRA AND SHOULD NOT BE MENTIONED ANYWHERE IN THEIR CRAPPY SITE.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, leighroda said:

I'm glad you are all my people... when I read the about me I was thinking wtf, this has nothing to do with clothes, but I thought maybe I was just being bitchy, but you guys share my sentiment. 

I was thinking, trying to decide if that was normal or not, lots of sites have about me sections but they are usually not front and center, and they don't usually read like a full blown biography. 

When you're creating a website, there's this thing called "on the fold" which is basically everything you see on your screen when you first get on the site; the bottom of your screen being "the fold." You want your best image, the most enticing stuff, to be above the fold because that's what the visitor will see first. Then, if you've roped them in, they'll scroll down and see the rest. The way C&T have their site set up makes zero sense but it does play into their ego. Of course they don't have pictures of the clothes straightaway or talk about Nova. They're too busy patting their own backs and selling their story-which is what this clothing line is all about anyway. 

• Love 9
On 7/9/2017 at 10:13 PM, lexiexx said:

I got the vibe that catelynn was in puppy love with Tyler and Tyler was just in the relationship because she would have sex with him.  Then when she got pregnant he stuck around because he wanted to control the situation and coerce her into the adoption plan.   When they got involved with that adoption agency they were praised for their decision and MTV only magnified that. Tyler seems very manipulative and pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth is fake and what he thinks makes his image look good.   I don't think that he was really affected by the adoption but cate was.   

He piggy backed off of cates story.  She actually lived with an addict and whatever loser boyfriends the addict mother was with.   In comparison Tyler lived in a normal house with his mom.   His issues were mainly that his dad wasn't around.   A blessing compared to having to live with a violent drug addict.    

I think Tyler did have a much more stable home life than Caitlyn and Caitlyn enjoyed the emotional security and safety Tyler provided her. I think Tyler did feel like a white Knight that Caitlyn depended on and that fed his ego. That being said I disagree that he stayed in the relationship just because he would have sex with her, sex is easy to get (even for men). I think he does love Caitlyn and a part of him will always have affection and care for her, but had Teen Mom not come along I agree they would've broken up as teens do. They would've stayed broken up after NOLA, but Tyler realized that no one was going to adore him quite like that and he needs that the same way Caitlyn needs to hold onto him. 

Their relationship (although unhealthy in a lot of ways) is one of the few TM relationships where I think they are equally yoked (compared to one partner being abused or taken advantage of by another in an immoral fashion)- they are BOTH getting something out of the relationship and are SO COMFORTABLE with each other at this point it would take a lot of therapy and work to break out of those habits which I don't think either one wants to do. 

• Love 7

I just looked at the site and clothes are still available. I think those inarticulate dopes meant that some SIZES sold out. I looked at that stupid orange fringe thing that Nova wears and I can still get some sizes. Not great marketing to announce a sell out. Now people won't look at what is still available. 

Next up - Tyler's fall line! Maybe some chicken feather coats? Goat fur trim?

• Love 4

Interesting, to me, the comparisons of JUST the homepages

http://www.tierrareign.com/

http://www.ttmlifestyle.com/  ( There's no "about" crap on theirs, btw)

http://beforeverhaute.com/

I think I've posted Amber's "about" elsewhere

FOREVER HAUTE > ABOUT

Forever Haute is a boutique that is owned and operated by Amber Portwood. Amber is the star of 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom OG which both air on MTV. She is the author of her own book, Never Too Late, that is inspired by her life and was written to encourage everyone who reads it that it’s Never Too Late for positive change. Amber continues to be a living inspiration for her many fans from all over the world in everything that she does. After an outpour of questions from her fans about all of the stylish outfits and accessories worn by her on her shows, Amber soon realized that even her every day wardrobe impacted them in a very positive way. In true Amber style, she decided that by opening up a boutique, she could share her personal fashion choices with her fans while continuing to send love and inspiration to them daily. When she asked her fans what they thought about her idea of opening her own boutique, many responded with love and support and were eager to see Amber’s dream become a reality. Soon after, Amber started working on making Forever Haute what it is today. Forever Haute is not just a boutique, it is another way Amber can positively inspire her fans and empower them with the message behind her clothing style. Be Classy. Be Sexy. Be Haute.

• Love 5
(edited)
39 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

"Reign over your dreams" is corny nonsense and I am personally insulted. What kind of dreams do they think I have?! I assure you, Baltierras, even in my subconscious there are no toddlers in lacy fringe shorties.

Tyler's "life-long" dreams change with each manic cycle. Student, actor, writer, real estate, fashion designer...  Coming soon will be some sort of physical transformation -- like he'll start taking Adam's left over steroids or train for a marathon.   (spoiler alert: coming soon 2018)

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 13

When Amber's about me section is better than yours ?‍♀️ Yeah she talks about the random stuff, and plays it fast and loose with the word "inspiration" but she does bring it back to the clothing line and makes more sense.

1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I just looked at the site and clothes are still available. I think those inarticulate dopes meant that some SIZES sold out. I looked at that stupid orange fringe thing that Nova wears and I can still get some sizes. Not great marketing to announce a sell out. Now people won't look at what is still available. 

Next up - Tyler's fall line! Maybe some chicken feather coats? Goat fur trim?

Maybe they could collaborate with Jenelle and add some of the feathers she had from the Kesha concert.

• Love 10
(edited)
39 minutes ago, leighroda said:

When Amber's about me section is better than yours ?‍♀️ Yeah she talks about the random stuff, and plays it fast and loose with the word "inspiration" but she does bring it back to the clothing line and makes more sense.

Maybe they could collaborate with Jenelle and add some of the feathers she had from the Kesha concert.

Tyler, Amber, Butch, and Jenelle should hook up and do a prison attire clothing line. Butch already has that stupid "Free Butch' t-shirt out there. 

"Reign over your Dreams" - WTH is that supposed to mean? Tyler, if you are any part of my dreams, that is no dream, it is a nightmare. I would call it "Piss on my Dreams". 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

The way C&T have their site set up makes zero sense but it does play into their ego. Of course they don't have pictures of the clothes straightaway or talk about Nova. They're too busy patting their own backs and selling their story-which is what this clothing line is all about anyway. 

There are so many places where one can shop online these days...show me what I want, or damn near close to it, as one of the first things my eyeballs fixate upon.  If you can't manage that...next.

28 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

"Piss on my Dreams".

Kazu, you are going to burn in hell.  See you there.

2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Tyler's "life-long" dreams change with each manic cycle. Student, actor, writer, real estate, fashion designer...  Coming soon will be some sort of physical transformation -- like he'll start taking Adam's left over steroids or train for a marathon.   (spoiler alert: coming soon 2018)

Cannot and will not change a word.  You called it first, Cinci.  Yes, manic cycles.  That's Tyler, exactly.

How's the foundation, Tyler?

• Love 10
7 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I am going to sound like such a snarky bitch, but I am truly shocked at how much weight Catelynn has gained.  I mean, she was never a skinny minnie, but if you look at pictures of her prior to her pregnancy with Nova, how she looked at her bachelorette party, Nova's first birthday, and then now, she has gained A LOT of weight in just a couple of years.  That puts a lot of strain on your heart and then when you think about the added strain to her heart by her smoking everything but her shoes and you have a recipe for some serious health problems.  

You are no snarky bitch. That's truth speak right there. 

48 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

There are so many places where one can shop online these days...show me what I want, or damn near close to it, as one of the first things my eyeballs fixate upon.  If you can't manage that...next.

Kazu, you are going to burn in hell.  See you there.

Cannot and will not change a word.  You called it first, Cinci.  Yes, manic cycles.  That's Tyler, exactly.

How's the foundation, Tyler?

Bring some cold drinks!

The only foundation Tyler is concerned with, is the one in his wallet. 

Hearing Cate mention she was no longer in therapy with Kinko Kathleen, and then watching the scenes of her and Tyler in therapy with KK on the Ask the Moms special, I get the feeling Cate was tired of hearing Tyler talk about his feelings and emotions. As they aired that scene with KK, Tyler is talking about his feelings, but there is Cate next to him, slouched like a deflated beach ball and looking like she doesn't want to be there. She is checked out. She looks like she'd rather be at home in bed. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I have been off the grid-ish for the past week.  Just caught up on part 2, but anyone else note that Cate's only reference to preschool that has a curriculum is "Head Start?"

Isn't Head Start income based? I tried to get my daughter in many years ago and I was told I made too much money at the time. Love to know how Cate and TyTy got around that.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Isn't Head Start income based? I tried to get my daughter in many years ago and I was told I made too much money at the time. Love to know how Cate and TyTy got around that.

It is income based. Our kiddo was diagnosed with a speech delay at 3 (he was in a private pre-school) and once we got the evaluation they suggested we apply for Head Start. I'd heard of it, but wasn't sure of the exact requirements or reputation. So yeah, didn't qualify either, even with one income. Even in a HCOL of area where the income requirements are adjusted for "median" income.  At the time you could qualify for certain kinds of assistance if you make 68k or less for a family of 4 (something like that).  I do have friends who make quite a lot of money and their autistic kid still qualifies for a no-cost preschool program with a full time aide. #rantover

Anyway, I don't think they put Nova in Head Start, she just said the program was like Head Start...in that it wasn't only a day care, it had a curriculum.  But apparently she hasn't ever heard of a preschool other than Head Start.

• Love 5

Anyway, I don't think they put Nova in Head Start, she just said the program was like Head Start...in that it wasn't only a day care, it had a curriculum.  But apparently she hasn't ever heard of a preschool other than Head Start.

That's what I heard, "like Head Start".

8 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

It's income-based except for children with disabilities and foster children. 

Nova is being fostered by the chickens and goat so maybe she qualifies. 

Don't forget the alcoholic and the crackhead who have fostered Nova for most of her life.

• Love 5

I'm way behind on this thread...soon you'll be getting random likes from me... but since there's no thread for the Unseen Moments episode...

Holy Crap Catelynn looked HUGE in that floral dress..like bigger than Gary! It looks so uncomfortable to see her sitting there. I know she's not but she looked totally pregnant at times sitting there with her hands clasped around her bigass stomach. This is the first time I've commented on her weight, I think. It's really getting out of control. *off to catch up*

• Love 8
(edited)
On July 12, 2017 at 7:52 AM, ghoulina said:

So, what if I said - "I'm not actually a serial killer, I just FEEL like a serial killer". Would that put people's minds at ease? 

I mean, he is entitled to his feelings. But feelings often lead to actions - such as refusing to respect the wishes of the people who are actually RAISING Carly. So he should keep those feelings to himself and/or work through them with a non-Kinkos employed therapist. 

Exactly. So Tyler feels entitled to updates on Carly since it was his ejavulation that made her and her existence is the source of his TM fame. Fine. Feel that way all you want but have some respect for Carly, her parents, and her parents' wishes and STFU about it. Keep that to your damn self. Maybe you can't "control" your feelings, but you can control your reactions to them at least on TV and on social media. Gaaahhhhh!!! 

On July 12, 2017 at 5:45 PM, lexiexx said:

I honestly don't think Tyler loves Carly.   She's just a storyline to him, and something to play victim about.   If I was Cate I would hate Tyler's guts for what he did, and continues to do.   it's like she can see in hindsight that she would keep Carly if she could do it over again (just IMO) but blames Brandon and Theresa instead of Tyler.   

I agree one thousand percent. That's why whenever Tyler seems annoyed with Cate's depression, etc. I kind of sit there in glee (I'm a bad person, I know). It's not that I'm happy Cate's depressed or anything but I totally get how & why Cate would use her depression and codependency as ways to "punish" Tyler for pressuring her to go through with the adoption. Any time I think that Tyler must wish he could leave Cate and still be "America's sweetheart birth parent dad" or whatever, I think it's pretty much just desserts for pressuring Cate to give up Carly and I completely understand if Catelynn wants to subconsciously punish him forever (not saying that's right, but I understand) by making his life miserable. I think these two do love each other in a way you love a best friend you grew up with or went through traumatic experiences with. But I also think they hate each other. Cate hates that Tyler pressured her to give up Carly & is low-key punishing him by being a downer. Tyler hates that he can't ever leave Cate because she's his link to fame, money, and the image that gets him leghumpers.  I think the whole situation is a huge mess of love, hate, codependency, and reality TV "fame."

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 16
On 7/14/2017 at 10:49 AM, AmyFarrahFowler said:

On 7/14/2017 at 11:06 AM, guilfoyleatpp said:

[Multiple snips]

It is income based. Our kiddo was diagnosed with a speech delay at 3 (he was in a private pre-school) and once we got the evaluation they suggested we apply for Head Start. I'd heard of it, but wasn't sure of the exact requirements or reputation. So yeah, didn't qualify either, even with one income.

I do have friends who make quite a lot of money and their autistic kid still qualifies for a no-cost preschool program with a full time aide. #rantover

On 7/14/2017 at 11:09 AM, Lm2162 said:

It's income-based except for children with disabilities and foster children. 

My son is on the Autism spectrum (originally diagnosed with Asperger's, but that diagnosis has been largely discontinued for most, like my son). I was in college, working at a bar and as an assistant to professional photographers, and still made too much. However, he qualified because it has been determined that kids on the spectrum and disabilities do better in kindergarten if they start in a preschool environment. Otherwise, they begin kindergarten behind the curve and were being held back. It is also considered a distraction to the other students, because time has to be taken away from them to deal with with issues that are not education based, and when they start in preschool, they learn the "routine of learning," for lack of a better phrase.

Although he started in Head Start, I had already taught him his numbers, letters, colors, could read some sight words because we read together and he enjoyed it (used to catch him on school nights, up late, not on the computer or watching television, but reading and trying to cover up the light so he didn't get caught, he actually used his computer to read fanfictions and writing short stories as opposed to playing games), and could add numbers up to ten because I taught him to use his fingers to do it. /humblebrag Since he was considered "gifted" (okay, now /humbrag), he received a scholarship to a Montessori preschool. Personally, I didn't see anything much better at the Montessori preschool versus Head Start, and wish that more kids were able to take part in a preschool program, whether it is paying a sum to attend Head Start or having a lower cost option in the public school system. In my rural area, there are not many options, even if you drive an hour, and because they have to hire college educated individuals, it is much more expensive than daycare.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Christina said:

My son is on the Autism spectrum (originally diagnosed with Asperger's, but that diagnosis has been largely discontinued for most, like my son). I was in college, working at a bar and as an assistant to professional photographers, and still made too much. However, he qualified because it has been determined that kids on the spectrum and disabilities do better in kindergarten if they start in a preschool environment. Otherwise, they begin kindergarten behind the curve and were being held back. It is also considered a distraction to the other students, because time has to be taken away from them to deal with with issues that are not education based, and when they start in preschool, they learn the "routine of learning," for lack of a better phrase.

Although he started in Head Start, I had already taught him his numbers, letters, colors, could read some sight words because we read together and he enjoyed it (used to catch him on school nights, up late, not on the computer or watching television, but reading and trying to cover up the light so he didn't get caught, he actually used his computer to read fanfictions and writing short stories as opposed to playing games), and could add numbers up to ten because I taught him to use his fingers to do it. /humblebrag Since he was considered "gifted" (okay, now /humbrag), he received a scholarship to a Montessori preschool. Personally, I didn't see anything much better at the Montessori preschool versus Head Start, and wish that more kids were able to take part in a preschool program, whether it is paying a sum to attend Head Start or having a lower cost option in the public school system. In my rural area, there are not many options, even if you drive an hour, and because they have to hire college educated individuals, it is much more expensive than daycare.

I'm in the early stages of my child being diagnosed with high functioning autism and your post just made my day! She's 28 months.

• Love 3

The autism spectrum is so wide that I don't think there is actually a bottom or baseline to judge all individuals. I think part of the reason he liked reading and writing little stories for himself at such a young age is because it was something he could do solitary, and he became good at it pretty quickly. The areas that his autism does affect, were significant. He got better at a lot of it because he was given occupational therapy to learn how to deal with the things his autism affected, along with management of his OCD, and just aging brought change, like it does to everyone (except me because I've been perfect since birth and not at all a crackpot). I've met so many people who were told their child would be nonverbal and the early interventions changed the course of that component. My son just had no desire to speak to people, even though he had picked up the language. He clearly understood what we were saying to him. It's scary at first because in every human, there is one set of growth physically, mentally. and emotionally from birth to three, another from three to five, and then you will have a better grasp of what her future holds as far as the autism goes, and sometimes there is additional change as a result of maturing with age, and sometimes there is not. I realize this isn't worded very succinctly, but autism, it's diagnosis, and treatment can be a very hot button and polarizing discussion and I don't want to start a flame war. Only immunizations, PTSD and ADD diagnosis get more heated.

To turn this back to Cate and TyTy, I'm very concerned with what they would do if, Heaven forbid, Nova turned out to have any physical, mental or emotional issues, and I suspect she will because I doubt Cate stopped smoking pot while pregnant and she lives in a powder keg. They are too narcissistic and self-involved to notice in the early stages, and I really think they would be like Debra and ignore the situation so they didn't have to deal with it. I don't fear for her like I do Kaiser, but I don't think she or their animals are in good hands.

I doubt they even bring Nova to appointments for early screening so they'll never struggle with having to deal with a diagnosis.  She is the most neglected child on this series. Passed off to whatever addict is the most functioning while C&T play the part of "Catelynn and Tyler, stars of MTV's Teen Mom series, selfless saints who gave their first-born child to a barren couple, producers of the HIT series special 'Reunited', Daenerys of House Baltierra, First of her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Queen of Michigan, Khalessi, actor and fashion designer."

• Love 7
On 7/13/2017 at 6:36 AM, CofCinci said:

So much grandiosity with Tyler's writing. Reunited was not a hit.  When did they travel internationally? PR is a US territory.  Middle school sweethearts? No, you were step-siblings with poor boundaries who didn't use a condom. 

Last sentence should be the new topic title. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I always wanted to gag-gift a friend who loved Sister Wives something from their on-line store, but never did. Now I want to buy something Tierra Reign, but refuse to give these a**holes one nickel. Maybe the leghumpers will buy something, but the lack of quality and poor design will surely make this venture fail I hope. If I ever saw someone in Maci's tacky  TTM clothes, I'd laugh.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

I always wanted to gag-gift a friend who loved Sister Wives something from their on-line store, but never did. Now I want to buy something Tierra Reign, but refuse to give these a**holes one nickel. Maybe the leghumpers will buy something, but the lack of quality and poor design will surely make this venture fail I hope. If I ever saw someone in Maci's tacky  TTM clothes, I'd laugh.

Just buy one of those fake turds from Spencer's gifts and wrap it up with a note: You too can Reign over your dreams. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

They cannot be making much of a profit. 

No way. They had one clip showing the clothing and there was probably maybe 50 pieces. After paying all the overhead and labor etc, they're not gonna make much. 

Plus, these lazy mofos will quickly get over packing and shipping their swap meet wears that their business will go the way of their college ambitions in no time. 

• Love 10

The custom white shipping boxes took away any profit. Just put a logo sticker on a padded shopping envelope, dude.  There is nothing being mailed that requires the safety and structure of a large box.  Oh wait. It's a "fashion company" run by a narcissistic -- the box is going to cost more than the product. 

• Love 12
On 7/18/2017 at 2:57 AM, Calm81 said:

I'm in the early stages of my child being diagnosed with high functioning autism and your post just made my day! She's 28 months.

I was told years ago my youngest was likely dealing with Aspergers. Nope. He had another issue, but I gotta tell you, this issue did not stop him from being an honors student with a GPA of 4.0 for six years straight and receiving awards every single year. Children just have different ways of learning. Finding out what that way is, is the key. 

Awww you have a little one. I miss my kids being little. 

• Love 4
On 7/18/2017 at 5:18 AM, CofCinci said:

Catelynn and Tyler, stars of MTV's Teen Mom series, selfless saints who gave their first-born child to a barren couple, producers of the HIT series special 'Reunited', Daenerys of House Baltierra, First of her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Queen of Michigan, Khalessi, actor and fashion designer."

*choking to death on delicious Panera Greek salad*  Priceless.

giphy.gif

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

*choking to death on delicious Panera Greek salad*  Priceless.

giphy.gif

Now we know where Amber got the whole "She sold her VAGINA" comment from.

Amber and Cate, you both gave your vaginas away so STFU. 

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:18 AM, CofCinci said:

I doubt they even bring Nova to appointments for early screening so they'll never struggle with having to deal with a diagnosis.  She is the most neglected child on this series. Passed off to whatever addict is the most functioning while C&T play the part of "Catelynn and Tyler, stars of MTV's Teen Mom series, selfless saints who gave their first-born child to a barren couple, producers of the HIT series special 'Reunited', Daenerys of House Baltierra, First of her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Queen of Michigan, Khalessi, actor and fashion designer."

May I add, Cate is Baron of Munchausen and Tyler is Sir Loin of Beef. 

Looney Toons reference. 

• Love 12

Every one of those girls is on tv because they got their vaginas out.  

Plus Cate gave away her kid to keep a douchebag.    She probably has more regrets than Farrah and that's saying something.

• Love 14
On 7/13/2017 at 10:30 PM, GreatKazu said:

Tyler, Amber, Butch, and Jenelle should hook up and do a prison attire clothing line. Butch already has that stupid "Free Butch' t-shirt out there. 

"Reign over your Dreams" - WTH is that supposed to mean? Tyler, if you are any part of my dreams, that is no dream, it is a nightmare. I would call it "Piss on my Dreams". 

I don't get it either.  It's Tyler's dream of get 30.00 for some tank top you could find at Dollar General.  I don't see how that applies to the customer.  lol

22 hours ago, LunaMia said:

No way. They had one clip showing the clothing and there was probably maybe 50 pieces. After paying all the overhead and labor etc, they're not gonna make much. 

Plus, these lazy mofos will quickly get over packing and shipping their swap meet wears that their business will go the way of their college ambitions in no time. 

Then they'll get the sads again because they wanted to make the foundation for pregnant teenagers who can't read good with that money!   

At least Tyler will get to have his closeup where he has faraway eyes and talks about how it's hard, man.   Did he ever tell you about his fuck up father?   And the kid he had to give up to help the barren couple?   

• Love 9
(edited)

I don't know why they make such a dramatic deal out of B&T's infertility, as if it's 1654, a cholera outbreak is imminent, they were sitting in a hut sobbing before C&T banged, and had they not gifted B&T their firstborn they would have had no chance of the warmth of a child's love? Something like 1 in 8 couples deals with infertility and B&T are a solid, affluent, educated couple. They would have been able to adopt another child or hire a surrogate if not for Carly. We don't even know their situation; maybe IVF would have worked for them but they preferred to spend the resources on an adoption. I'm not trying to make this sound flippant, as I'm sure they believe Carly was meant to be their daughter, but omg, the theatrics of C&T and their fans like B&T are supposed to grovel, beg and wail for the remainder of their lives because two troubled teens fucked and gave them a child they had no means of raising. Adoption is special but it is not uncommon. 

We get it, Tyler, you can ejaculate healthy sperm. Are you supposed to become a deity because of it? 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I don't know why they make such a dramatic deal out of B&T's infertility, as if it's 1654, a cholera outbreak is imminent, they were sitting in a hut sobbing before C&T banged, and had they not gifted B&T their firstborn they would have had no chance of the warmth of a child's love? Something like 1 in 8 couples deals with infertility and B&T are a solid, affluent, educated couple. They would have been able to adopt another child or hire a surrogate if not for Carly. We don't even know their situation; maybe IVF would have worked for them but they preferred to spend the resources on an adoption. I'm not trying to make this sound flippant, as I'm sure they believe Carly was meant to be their daughter, but omg, the theatrics of C&T and their fans like B&T are supposed to grovel, beg and wail for the remainder of their lives because two troubled teens fucked and gave them a child they had no means of raising. Adoption is special but it is not uncommon. 

We get it, Tyler, you can ejaculate healthy sperm. Are you supposed to become a deity because of it? 

Tyler acts like he forced encouraged Catelynn to adoption out of the goodness of his heart and the willingness to sacrifice his own happiness to give this sad, childless couple his first born. No, what revisionist bullshit. His mom didn't want him to have to pay child support or be tied to trash like Catelynn for 18+ years!  

• Love 11

yup.  Kim could have allowed Carly to be at her house until cate and Tyler got on their feet.  She had a normal household.   But she didn't.   Since cate seems to regret that she gave up Carly I don't see why she doesn't acknowledge that.   And only seems bitter towards Brandon and Theresa and her mom who encouraged her to keep Carly.  April was a train wreck and I see the resentment for that but Kim was actually in a position to help them and wouldn't.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Ultimately, Kim had every right to tell Cate and Ty that they weren't allowed to raise Carly in her home. She was already stuck raising her daughter's two children and I think she was terrified she'd be stuck with a third if she let Carly live in her house. I think that was a reasonable fear to have. Tyler surely would've checked out within the first few months of Carly's life and Cate would've struggled big-time. Kim would've definitely ended up stepping in and shouldering the burden of Carly's care. I also don't think she'd be like Jo's parents and get on her son's case if he treated Cate like crap or wasn't doing enough for the baby. Tyler asked his mother to throw Cate back to the wolves only a few months after Carly's adoption; I have no doubt that, when he eventually tired of a clingy girlfriend and crying baby, he would've asked Kim to sent Cate and Carly packing back to Butch and April's. And I wouldn't put it past Kim to do so. 

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 14

So, I'm on medication that makes me wordy and not concise, and a bit bitchy but so do the Teen Moms soooo, here goes:

The bigger elephant in the room with Cate is Bethany Adoption Services Baby Stealers. Catelyn was surrounded by abusive people, never received appropriate counseling, was then paid by Bethany to travel the country and speak to teens about how great adoption is, after Teen Mom was picked up and Catelyn realized she would have had the financial means to raise her (and truly believed she had the physical and mental ability to do so with her true love), she fell into a greater depression and was still being shuffled out for speaking engagements, is not very bright so she was easily manipulated into believing her actions were noble and she absolutely could NOT think back about her decision and voice any regrets. I think the closest she has come to legitimate counseling was at rehab. 

We can see the actions of Tyler's mom, but Catelynn was in such a bad situation for such a long time that the fact Kim opened her home to a pregnant teenager, supported what she believed to be her decision to place her child up for adoption, a decision that caused her own mother to turn her back on her, and was encouraging of her continuing her education when it was never a high priority with her mom, were just little acts of kindness to a person with little self worth and she saw the entire situation as a positive one. 

It seems to me that between being on that trashtastic "therapy" show with "Dr." Jenn, and Tyler's exodus to New Orleans without her, she began to realize that he was done with the relationship, and that started another downward spiral. To keep attention on him, Tyler went through with the marriage and agreed to have another kid with her. Sometimes, I think she realizes it, other times, I think she just uses it and her depression as a means of control, manipulation and payback of Tyler. The postpartum depression after having Carly 2.0, along with it being another thing that put the adoption of Carly front and center in her life, and the fact that motherhood is not anything like she thought nor is her marriage to Tyler, has her at a standstill. She needs an intervention (not sure what word I want to use there) where she is returned to an in-depth, in-patient therapy, blocked from being on social media, probably distanced from Tyler so she can see that she can live without him, and to be truly effective, not film this shitshow for a while because it gives her a delusional sense of superiority about herself. But, that will never happen because this show will never, ever, ever, ever end.

• Love 5
(edited)

I fell down an internet rabbit hole recently of birth mom forums and blogs about the evils of adoption, regretting placing your child for adoption, how young moms are exploited, etc. Some of the complaints are legit (i.e., predatory places like Bethany using Christianity as a smokescreen for profit) and some are absolutely insane. (For example, many of the authors refuse to believe any adoption is healthy, call themselves "real parents," refuse to admit that adoptive parents are parents, and believe that all adoptees will return to their "real" parents in the end). Catelynn and Tyler are featured frequently on these sites because their adoption is so clearly messed up. Obviously most of the sites think they should have kept Carly and think Brandon and Teresa are horrible people. However, what's interesting is that opinions on Tyler vary radically. Many hate him. Tyler has gotten into heated arguments with several of these sites in the past, defending adoption passionately. I wonder if he'd sing a different tune now. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I fell down an internet rabbit hole recently of birth mom forums and blogs about the evils of adoption, regretting placing your child for adoption, how young moms are exploited, etc. Some of the complaints are legit (i.e., predatory places like Bethany using Christianity as a smokescreen for profit) and some are absolutely insane. (For example, many of the authors refuse to believe any adoption is healthy, call themselves "real parents," refuse to admit that adoptive parents are parents, and believe that all adoptees will return to their "real" parents in the end). Catelynn and Tyler are featured frequently on these sites because their adoption is so clearly messed up. Obviously most of the sites think they should have kept Carly and think Brandon and Teresa are horrible people. However, what's interesting is that opinions on Tyler vary radically. Many hate him. Tyler has gotten into heated arguments with several of these sites in the past, defending adoption passionately. I wonder if he'd sing a different tune now. 

Tyler stopped being an advocate for adoption once checks from Bethany no longer arrived. 

• Love 3