Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Otherkate said:

This reunion was really great motivation for me to head to the salon and get my naturally blonde hair darkened. So much bleach on those couches. I'm booking an appointment.

I wish these women were smarter. If you're going to coordinate a gang up on a quick-witted opponent on national television, you need to not come out so hard so quickly. You need to let it build. Set some traps and let her walk herself right into them. You can't play aggressive offense with her, because she wrote that particular playbook, ladies. You need to play to your own strengths. Not hers. Very dumb and they all looked so desperate and I can't imagine they aren't regretting some of that. 

Poor Carole. Sitting right next to Andy, involved in the main fight with the star of the show, slinging her own poop all season on her blog and Twitter, and yet she is still playing second fiddle to Ramona and Dorinda the entire hour and could barely muster up more than some sad asides. Again, play to your strengths. You're not an alpha, Carole. Sorry.

Are these women seriously comparing ANY of their drinking to Dorinda's? Is it so important to score points against Bethenny that they are willing to pretend that Dorinda doesn't have a major drinking problem? Really irresponsible and transparent. None of it is funny. The woman needs help. I had to laugh at her being so offended at the idea that she drinks in the AM as I've mentioned here meeting someone who works on her house in the Berkshires and his only comment about her was that she was a really nice, great lady but that she starts the day with a drink every single day. I hope someone loves her enough to not lie to her.

Tinsley's hair looked good. 

It's fun!  I just switched back to red after years of being blonde.  It's a nice change.

Not surprising in the least.  I think she is a lonely drinker who needs people like B in her life rather than enablers.  Where is Ashley from SC?  We need her to chant enabler anytime someone says Dorinda isn't a drunk.  It does D no favors to encourage her delusion about her sobriety.  But whatevs, she can be drunk off my tv.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Chicklet said:

"And you have fake tits" LOL Ramona is insane, as the owner of fake tits her ownself. "And you got yours at 30". Is Ramona an alien and doesn't understand any of this?

Ramona's a big dummy, with big dumb fake tits to boot!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

What I came away with after watching:  This is a group of beautiful women, coming together in beautiful clothing, in a beautiful setting, and sitting down to vomit the most vile, disgusting crap on each other while trying to avoid any of it getting on themselves.  Sheesh.

I was thinking that they're pretty average looking women with amazing amounts of warpaint and work done. Nothing really special to see. And what does Tinsley even do? Is being a socialite all there is to her? So she was born wealthy, doesn't have to work, and spends her days shopping and getting glammed up? She seems like such a child to me. Really really childish. And her makeup is horrible. That glam squad must be paid by the pound (of makeup). She has smallish eyes, or her dark, dark eye makeup makes them seem so. Isn't the point to bring out everyone's natural beauty? I say this as a natural redhead who "needs" a little makeup but doesn't like to wear much.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 9
On 8/23/2018 at 11:50 AM, Sterling said:

Re:  Bethenny's treatment of Kelly:  I recently watched all the earlier seasons from the start, and Bethenny had it in for Kelly before Kelly made her first appearance on the show.  Bethenny liked to paint Kelly as "Crazy Kelly", but in reality, Kelly just didn't know how to fight Bethenny.

B was pissed off because apparently, she had met Kelly several years prior, at a party, and Kelly didn't remember meeting B., but Kelly remembered the guy B was with.  That incensed B, so when Kelly was to be brought on as a HW, Bethenny kept saying over and over that she couldn't believe Kelly didn't remember her.

One of Kelly's first scenes was that she invited B to a fashion show, to sit on the front row with her.  Kelly is trying to make polite conversation, and B gives her one-word answers, and B won't even look at her, while she is sitting next to her.

All because Kelly dared to not remember having met B.

Then comes Scary Island, where B systematically rips Kelly to shreds, knowing full well that Kelly doesn't have the verbal barb-tactics that someone like Carol has, so Kelly is left to stammer, looking "crazy".

And that, my friends, is how it's done, narc-wise.

Yes she did - have it in for Kelly. When Jill first brought up her name B dismissed her as "one of the beautiful people", and it just snowballed from there. She was insulted that Kelly didn't remember meeting her. She couldn't let that go. Maybe she just wasn't that memorable till she got to exhibit what a total bitch she is on this show. She took every opportunity to berate her. Kelly could be annoying for sure, but so what if she liked living in her "world with lollipops where everyone's nice". I'm guessing that she had a large circle of acquaintances in the fashion world having been a model and married to Giles Bensimon.  And I doubt these people acted out like Bethany. Most civilized folks don't go on the attack from the getgo.

Bethany is always looking to prey on the weak. Anything that gets attention and makes her feel superior. I just rewatched scary island, and yes Kelly was becoming unhinged, but who takes that opportunity to push someone in that state over the edge? It took Sonya to get the bunch of them to back off. 

And BTW, did we ever find out what Kelly was talking about when she accuse B of putting her children in the press?

Edited by Lady of nod
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Otherkate said:

This reunion was really great motivation for me to head to the salon and get my naturally blonde hair darkened. So much bleach on those couches. I'm booking an appointment.

I wish these women were smarter. If you're going to coordinate a gang up on a quick-witted opponent on national television, you need to not come out so hard so quickly. You need to let it build. Set some traps and let her walk herself right into them. You can't play aggressive offense with her, because she wrote that particular playbook, ladies. You need to play to your own strengths. Not hers. Very dumb and they all looked so desperate and I can't imagine they aren't regretting some of that. 

Poor Carole. Sitting right next to Andy, involved in the main fight with the star of the show, slinging her own poop all season on her blog and Twitter, and yet she is still playing second fiddle to Ramona and Dorinda the entire hour and could barely muster up more than some sad asides. Again, play to your strengths. You're not an alpha, Carole. Sorry.

Are these women seriously comparing ANY of their drinking to Dorinda's? Is it so important to score points against Bethenny that they are willing to pretend that Dorinda doesn't have a major drinking problem? Really irresponsible and transparent. None of it is funny. The woman needs help. I had to laugh at her being so offended at the idea that she drinks in the AM as I've mentioned here meeting someone who works on her house in the Berkshires and his only comment about her was that she was a really nice, great lady but that she starts the day with a drink every single day. I hope someone loves her enough to not lie to her.

Tinsley's hair looked good. 

Carole was supposed to be the mastermind? Had Carole been planning to quit, Ramona and Dorinda would have known before she did the deed. They would not have played it the way they did at the reunion. Carole was fired and now Dorinda and Ramona are fucked. Tinsley is the only one coming out with a chance.

I don't think Tinsley or Ramona are going to say anything about Dorinda's drinking. They have seen others getting it from Dorinda and don't want to be the target - they are petrified of her because Dorinda is vicious.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, nexxie said:

Agreed. Very telling that Bethenny hadn’t seen Jill again off-camera.

I think it's super awkward. I go through that myself, with good old friends. It's hard to rebuild after you have a big misunderstanding/argument/whatever. So awkward! Someone has to make the first step, and the other person has to respond. And neither of you can be too proud or stubborn. Oy!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Kelly could be annoying for sure, but so what if she liked living in her "world with lollipops where everyone's nice". I'm guessing that she had a large circle of acquaintances in the fashion world having been a model and married to Giles Bensimon. 

My take is Kelley started the fight with the "I'm up here and you're down there."

Regardless, the Reunion Part 1 was a complete shit show.  They couldn't even let Bethenny appreciate their support for her charity efforts without jumping in.  Shit show.

• Love 18
27 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Mine did as well.  It may have been for Luann but I wonder would B be part of a Luann intervention?  They are work friends, not especially close.  It would make sense for a Dennis intervention.

I seem to recall that Bethenny was inexplicably Lu's official spokesperson when she announced, the day prior to taping the reunion, that she was returning to rehab.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

Carole was supposed to be the mastermind?

Seriously though, why does everyone think this? Carole has been more than able to hold her own by herself against Bethenny so why would she need to orchestrate a group pile on? This reeks more of Ramona, IMHO. Ill advised and destined to fail like most of her schemes. 

• Love 15

I think Ramona looks great! IDK how old some of you are, but I'm 60 and wish my body looked half as good as hers. Sonja is in good shape too. Ramona's and Tinsley's hair are the only ones I liked. Tinsley should have worn Beth's dress and vice versa. Dorinda looked good in her dress. She's got great arms and shoulders.

Just trying to add something positive to this shit show of a reunion. :P

I need to go back and watch it again because I don't see Carole talking as much as others say she did. I did think the previews for next week were funny when she told Andy he was full of shit. LOL!

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, albarino said:

My take is Kelley started the fight with the "I'm up here and you're down there."

Not to argue with you, but that was B's spin. Kelly said "I'm here and you're here" And her hand was up for her and down for B. Which very well could be interpreted as that, but then again in Kelly's world, she just could have meant they're in different places. Could go either way, but I don't fault B for her take on it. In the moment I would have felt the same.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, albarino said:

Regardless, the Reunion Part 1 was a complete shit show.  They couldn't even let Bethenny appreciate their support for her charity efforts without jumping in.  Shit show.

Fair point and I’d forgotten it! Yeah at the time Bethenny was much like Holla Heather Mama when she first joined the show. When you’re starting from an underdog position, it seems common to go in this way. Kelly made it worse tho. Kelly isn’t better than B, if anything they are more alike than Kelly knew.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Sharonana said:

I think Ramona looks great! IDK how old some of you are, but I'm 60 and wish my body looked half as good as hers.

I haven't really seen anyone disparaging Ramona's body, with the exceptions of her pot belly and her misshapen bewbs, both of which are real things.  Neither would probably be spoken of at all if she were remotely likeable or a whole lot less vain.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, wheresmypizza said:

Poor Ramona. She actually was managing to go toe to toe with Bethenny for a bit, for once. Then she had to go and punctuate it with the fake tits line. She's just a total s***.

Carole really thought she was the Carrie Bradshaw this season, didn't she. New 'do, new décor, new clothes. She got the first clip in the credits, with the oh so uptown hailing of the cab. She's so cool and nonchalant with the much younger boyfriend and the 'deadlines shmedlines' attitude. So big for our britches, weren't we?

Ramona should have just said I was really hurt that you didn't come to my event. I was even more hurt when I approached you after Luann's show and you dismissed me. Unfortunately, the Idjit Brigade egged her on and she got flustered.

I think Carole tried to portray that image as soon as she started promoting the writing of Widow's Guide.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Sharonana said:

I think Ramona looks great! IDK how old some of you are, but I'm 60 and wish my body looked half as good as hers. Sonja is in good shape too.

ITA. For all her crazy, Ramona looks amazing for 60, and Sonya is a beautiful woman. Gotta give em that.

• Love 19
37 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

How do you know she was afforded opportunities to fail up? Were either of her parents financing her lifestyle or had a bank account tucked away for her in case she couldn't 'slum' it that tiny apartment? Did dad's friend invest in multiple failed ventures before they finally hit the jackpot with SkinnyGirl? Do we know of men paying her rent for her? I can certainly believe buying nice jewelry and designer outfits and bags but are we assuming all of these things because we don't like Bethenny or do we actually know this information? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know.

There's a difference between someone surviving and someone thriving. If Bethenny tapped into dad's back accounts or relied on rich boyfriends to sometimes pay her rent and buy her nice things - that's her surviving her way through life. But none of those things seem directly correlated to why she's not thriving. I wouldn't over analyze the sentiment just because someone didn't go from being homeless to running a multi-million dollar company without the help of any handouts. If her success was largely due to her persistent, initiative and her unwillingness to take no for an answer so she made things happen, then I personally think it's fair to apply that terminology to her. To my knowledge, she didn't inherit a ton of money that she used to build her brand. She wasn't handed the money without a product or poof of concept and she gain her success by having an already established successful name to connect the product to (ala a Kylie Jenner type of entrepreneur).

We can certainly agree to disagree here but I do think that so many here wouldn't contest the nature of her success if so many here didn't thoroughly dislike her (and admittedly, there's a lot to dislike about her).

By virtue of the fact that Bethenny could try so many different things to see what would stick and not have to worry about being evicted from her apartment (Bethenny has been very candid about dating rich men who would pay her rent when she couldn't make rent) is why I say that she was afforded the opportunity to fail up. If needing a place to sleep is a constant worry and seems like a real possibility, the dynamics change a bit, I think. 

I can't speak to what she might have inherited from family, but that she comes from a family who could even leave an inheritance, again, also changes the dynamics. If "all she got" was $75,000 (as I said, I don't know if she inherited any money, so I'm just using any old number here)--and that certainly doesn't seem like a lot to start many businesses--it would also be $75,000 that plenty others don't have access to or would never have access to. 

I don't understand why pointing out that Bethenny had wealthy connections that landed her in the right places is a bad thing. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, albarino said:

Yes!  That was sooo weird.  She’s thanking them even if they don’t personlly like her and they start screaming.

thats when I became team Beth/Sonja on this reunion 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

I thought she did that. I heard her say something like that right after they showed that old clip of her putting Sonja down.  She said "but now she has a real business and I support her"  or something like that.

Can I just say that I giggled every time one of those ladies said "bologna".  LOL.  

I heard it as well

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Seriously though, why does everyone think this? Carole has been more than able to hold her own by herself against Bethenny so why would she need to orchestrate a group pile on? This reeks more of Ramona, IMHO. Ill advised and destined to fail like most of her schemes. 

I don't know. I didn't ever say she was. You need someone with a lot more motivation to mastermind a pile on, but Carole has proven herself to always be a willing follower in those mean girl games and she was here as well. I would guess the plan came from either Ramona or Dorinda, probably Ramona. Certainly the ham-fisted nature of it screams Ramona. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I replayed that multiple times and probably laughed like a fool. Here’s Ramona ramping up one of her clearly rehearsed talking points, with the rest of the “dream team” ready to chime in, and Andy shut her down hard. And when she tried to recover her moment by then emphasizing that Bethenny jumped out of the car to hug a Jill in front of the cameras, thus opportunistic, Andy again shut her down by saying he was glad that happened on camera because HE wanted to see it. She and the rest were all caught and completely wrong-footed. Dorinda insisting, so self-righteously, she would never want to be on camera at a funeral? Well clearly no one asked her.

I certainly wouldn’t want to be on camera at a funeraleither,  but that was Jill’s choice. She certainly knew the cameras were there when she and Bethenny had their moment. 

They didn't film inside the funeral home, they were outside after the service.

I guess Dorinda considers it less morbid to invite Carole and Bravo cameras to film at a cemetery at Richard's grave site.

So according to Dorinda not on camera only applies to outside funeral homes, and prolific thank yous must be done on camera.

• Love 17

I think Bethenny absolutely had access to both connections and fall back money that most of would never have. I don't even sort of see that as taking the shine off of what she has accomplished. NYC is littered with poor little rich boys and girls who never made a single thing of themselves. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 17
17 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Is Dorinda drunk?

Carole's phone rang, did you see Andy's face when that happened?  OMG is she on his shit list.

I can see who Andy hates and who Andy likes...ouch.

What was the fight about between Bethenny and Jill anyway?

Dorinda is SOOOO defensive about her drinking.  If she wasn't worried about it, why is she so defensive?

This happened on another Housewives reunion and he wasn't nearly as angry as he was last night...Andy clearly has it out for Carole probably because of his loyalty and friendship with Bethenny. Sorry,  but Bethenny runs this show...she and Andy are thick as thieves. I thought Bethenny's comment about Carole's character for the murder mystery theme party  was callous and cruel. In case anyone missed it, she described the character Carole was playing and mentioned that the character had a deceased husband..."just like Carole". How nasty of her...and she wonders why Carole "isn't into her anymore"? She is a narcissist and a condescending, snarky, mean spirited one at that.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, janie2002 said:

I agree, however I  can see a small difference when you are talking 15 years later for Carole or 5 for Dorinda.  It's  still tacky, but at a funeral it's just wow.

I think it was telling that Beth said she talked to Jill inside, got in her car and then just needed to talk to her again so she jumped out of the car( while cameras were near by) She did that all for show, so I can see why the other women were like yeah were all fame whores but even we wont do that.

My opinion is that the other women weren't ASKED to film with Jill.  Had they been of course they would have.  These are HWs for gods sake.  I think it burned that B, who J hadn't seen in years, was the one J wanted to see and not them.  I read pure jealousy all over their faces.  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

My opinion is that the other women weren't ASKED to film with Jill.  Had they been of course they would have.  These are HWs for gods sake.  I think it burned that B, who J hadn't seen in years, was the one J wanted to see and not them.  I read pure jealousy all over their faces.  

I agree Natalie -- that part seemed very sour grapes-ish. And over a funeral too. Tsk.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Had Carole quit it would have been during the filming of the season. Not waiting until the reunion filmed and going on WWHL multiple times.

She was fired. Bravo made her fulfill her contract and then showed her ass the door,

It would be a hoot if in a few years, Carole makes a cameo and her mention will be Carole - friend of Tinsley. However, I don't think this will happen - Carole has been banished for life from the RH franchise.

I love how Ramona and Dorinda showed support for Carole - by holding the door for her when she got the boot.

THIS.  One million times!

• Love 6

Forgive me.  I love how in the funeral service video, right-handed Bethenny switches her Birkin from her left hand to her right, palladium hardware facing the photogs, and opens the door with her left.  Point being, she's just never not a show off.  We see it Bethenny, we know you have them (we also know not all of them are real, but that's another story for another day).

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

How do you know she was afforded opportunities to fail up? Were either of her parents financing her lifestyle or had a bank account tucked away for her in case she couldn't 'slum' it that tiny apartment? Did dad's friend invest in multiple failed ventures before they finally hit the jackpot with SkinnyGirl? Do we know of men paying her rent for her? I can certainly believe buying nice jewelry and designer outfits and bags but are we assuming all of these things because we don't like Bethenny or do we actually know this information? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know.

There's a difference between someone surviving and someone thriving. If Bethenny tapped into dad's back accounts or relied on rich boyfriends to sometimes pay her rent and buy her nice things - that's her surviving her way through life. But none of those things seem directly correlated to why she's not thriving. I wouldn't over analyze the sentiment just because someone didn't go from being homeless to running a multi-million dollar company without the help of any handouts. If her success was largely due to her persistent, initiative and her unwillingness to take no for an answer so she made things happen, then I personally think it's fair to apply that terminology to her. To my knowledge, she didn't inherit a ton of money that she used to build her brand. She wasn't handed the money without a product or poof of concept and she gain her success by having an already established successful name to connect the product to (ala a Kylie Jenner type of entrepreneur).

We can certainly agree to disagree here but I do think that so many here wouldn't contest the nature of her success if so many here didn't thoroughly dislike her (and admittedly, there's a lot to dislike about her).

I don't care about Bethenny's trashy SG company...but what I can tell you is that she didn't build it herself. It was her vision and her recipe for a skinny margarita that propelled her business but others were instrumental in making it the success it is. If she doesn't want to credit Jason and others for being a part of the success then that's what she chooses to put out there but let's not be naive...it took a village to get her the deal she got that made her a multi millionaire.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, kicksave said:

This happened on another Housewives reunion and he wasn't nearly as angry as he was last night...Andy clearly has it out for Carole probably because of his loyalty and friendship with Bethenny.

Ramona literally fell asleep one year and got less crap for it. 

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I'm thinking of going with a carmel type of color for Fall. Sounds fun!

PRETTY!

30 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I seem to recall that Bethenny was inexplicably Lu's official spokesperson when she announced, the day prior to taping the reunion, that she was returning to rehab.

Forgot about that!  Thanks!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Carole spins every f-ing story. She thinks we are all idiots. 

I'm so sad.  Carole was always my favorte NYH until someone decided we shouldn't like her.  I'm only on Page 1 of the Forum and things aren't looking good for her.  I'll miss her, but she wasn't right for this type of show...or these harridans.

• Love 16

I watched the reunion last night and I literally was so stressed I couldn't go to sleep. First, I can't believe Romona, Dorinda and Carole came out in full

attack mode against Bethany. It reminded me of a bunch of kids on a school playground surrounded one and beating them up. I felt so sorry for her, yet she handled herself well. She did not allow them to rattle her in the least. After everything she has been through with that douch bag ex husband who clearly married her for her money, her friends crapping on her and her ex overdosing this past week, I don't know how she is functioning. The worse was claiming she used Jill's husbands funeral as a opportunity to look good for the camera. Come on. That's just plain mean.

Carole is such a hypocrite, and I swear if I hear one more word about that "marathon" I may die. My grandmother could have finished it in a better time. She is also not a very attractive woman, yet acts like she is all that. 

Romona is an idiot. She looks young because she gets botox and filler. It has very little to do with her skin care regimen.

Dorinda is a mean drunk. She needs to go to rehab ASAP. When your personality changes because of drinking, you have a problem. I also love how she does things for others and then expects them to gush all over her for it. One should not do acts of kindness so they get praise. She needs to leave the show anyway. She is boring.

Sonja was trying to be supportive of Bethany, yet they totally ignored her. 

• Love 17
14 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

If Bethenny returns next season (and I think she will and she'll negotiate a huge salary increase to do so), she will find herself in another season-long feud with Dorinda and Ramona. She and Lu and Sonja will just freeze them out as much as humanly possible, though. Tinsley is a non-entity and brings nothing to the show, really... she should go to Friend status if she's asked back at all.

I hope Bethenny returns and has many discussions ON camera with Luann and Sonja about their concern over Dorinda's drinking. Then one or two group scenes where they bring it up again - and watch Dorinda implode.

Tinsley is okay - I want her back for at least another season - there's cray cray that hasn't been unleashed yet

• Love 17
4 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Agreed and how much did you love that she got it off the rack for $149? :) 

And from her own line, no less.  Even if it's just buying and reselling items from Wayfair or Overstock (whatever the rumor is), she's apparently found a niche, so good for Sonja.  

10 hours ago, amypdx said:

But she only ever has 2 drinks - what a crock. I think that is the biggest indication of full-on alcoholism that she can say that with a straight face. 

Isn't this what every drunk ass pulled over on Cops says?  "I've only had two drinks" as they epically fail the field test.  "Two drinks" seems to be the go-to amount for some reason.

5 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Good moment: Ramona talks about selling, not renting her apartment. Dorinda says, “yeah, who wants to be a landlord?” Camera cuts to Sonja.

Yeah, I noticed that too...I'm not sure if Dorinda actually meant that as a dig at Sonja but...LOL at the editing maneuver!

5 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

These goddamn women (not girls!!)!!! I watched this right before bed & all of the screaming & poo flinging got me so jacked up, I couldn't fall asleep & I woke up with a raging headache!!! As Prince would say, act your age, not your shoe size!!!!!

"Poo flinging" (or leaking) is apparently on next week's agenda.  

5 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

On reflection, actually it didn't take much reflection at all, I'm happy that the three witches went so hard at Bethenny. She's taking it and coming out looking good. Andy defending her is a joke. He stopped the dogpile once or twice, but those women steamrolled him.

What did they have?

Carole and Ramona look like the worst kind of friends and hypocrits for defending Dorinda's drinking. Almost every point they've made has been refuted, Bethenny doesn't care about other women, cue the scenes of the women crying on her shoulder this year. Bethenny shouldn't have filmed at the funeral, ... Cue the news that both the widow Jill and Bravo asked her to. It's all about the camera's cries Dorinda and then she snarls that yes Bethenny thanked her, but not on camera., BTW, it's been established she thanked her on camera.

Ramona and her bolt on comments with her own bolt on's. Dorinda bashing and taunting Sonja from the moment they say down, Carole being so up her own ass she couldn't even turn off her phone and pissing Andy off at the beginning. None of them having anything else going on but Bethenny.

Yeah. What a dream team.

Considering we were subjected to watching Ramona walk around sloshed for 2-3 seasons as she attempted to "promote" her wine, I would expect this reaction from Ramona.  Hell, if I recall correctly, Ramona was tossing back glasses of her swill any time the camera was around.    

4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't recall her copping to that but Ramona kind of went ballistic at Bethenny's comment so it's possible that Ramona drowned her out for me. I forgot to call Bethenny out for that in my original post because she was very much in the camp of people who thought Sonja was spinning her wheels with all of these business ventures that never seemed to get off the ground. She framed it in a way that suggested that Ramona was the one talking shit, but in turn, all of the women responded in kind that it was Bethenny who was doing that. The reality is that I think all of them (maybe except for Dorinda) were taking shots at Sonja and her fake businesses. The fact that both sides inflated the others role rather than speak honestly is just another example of why all of them targeting Bethenny in this fashion makes no sense for their image (IMO). For every accusation that was hurled at Bethenny (which was true), there is a similar example of the accuser behaving in the same fashion, toward Bethenny and/or others in the cast.

If I recall correctly, a few seasons ago when Josh (Kristen's husband) tried to meet one-on-one with Sonja and she rattled off all of those ridiculous nonexistent "business" ventures in which she was involved, most (if not all) of the other ladies were concerned for her at that point because she was coming off as completely delusional.  Even Josh threw up his hands at trying to talk any sense into her.

And Bethenny wasn't even in that particular season, so, as per the usual, these women are completely hypocritical (and full of shit).  

4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She's full of shit. That's definitely a lift plus implants. You can't lift saggy boobs and have them high and hard like that without putting implants in. The reason it looks weird is because she has a bony chest and the implants are too far apart. 

For all of the outstanding work Bethenny has apparently had on her face, those implants are just dreadful.  

Didn't Tamra on OC try to have her implants removed way back in the day and go natural, but ended up having to have smaller implants inserted because of the sagging issue?

4 hours ago, Jel said:

I think Bethenny summed it up when she said, "This is denial."

Yup.  I worked with a woman who had a massive headache every single fucking day...which miraculously went away when she got home that night and drank a couple of bottles of wine.

Yet she never made the connection between her nightly routine alcohol consumption and the subsequent predictable headache the next day.

Denial and deflection are things of beauty, apparently.

4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Then Bravo should send them on a trip next season to Egypt so they can all float up that river. 

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!   

• Love 9

I hate group pile-ons and it seemed very Mean Girls last night. But it's hard for me to feel sorry for Bethenny. She's had years of taking potshots at people and in often cruel ways. There was bound to be blowback eventually. I liked B when she was initially on the show, sided with her during the S3 fallout with Jill, but she's lost with me with such displays as her slut-shaming attack on LuAnn in the Berkshires. That was just LUNACY. And while LuAnn is talking in a calm voice, Bethenny is *shrieking* at her. Obviously, there was more going on than met the eye - I think B was really upset about LuAnn's comments about Skinnygirl, but she made it about LuAnn sleeping around. That same season, she also insinuated that John (and maybe Dorinda too, if I'm remembering correctly) were cokeheads. And she also told Sonja she never wanted to see her again.

And Dorinda's point about Jules was well-taken. Jules was in a vulnerable position and Bethenny was triggered by her own issues around eating disorders, and dealt with it by ostracizing Jules, talking about her within earshot in a patronizing way. Frankly, I'm surprised that Sonja and LuAnn have had anything to do with Bethenny after what she's said to them in the past. Bethenny herself isn't a forgiving person. I can't believe she still brings up the Brooklyn Bridge, when Ramona apologized for that (and in a heartfelt way) years ago. Ramona's a head case, but she's shown a maternal, caring side to Bethenny at times, like looking after her on Scary Island, trying to run interference with Jill, and Bethenny herself said that after her fibroid surgery, Ramona was in contact with her every day to see what she needed, visited her, etc. It seems disingenuous to accept these gestures from Ramona and then bring up the bridge. If she's pissed about the "I would never live on the highway" or "soft core porn" comments, I totally get that. But bringing up the Bridge discussion still?

Aside from Carole, I don't know that Bethenny had/has real feelings for any of these women. She referred to Tinsley as a "coworker" but I think she sees them all that way. I think LuAnn and Sonja are still entrenched in their circles from their days of the Countess and "Lady Morgan" and don't really hang out with B socially aside from the show. 

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Dorinda is a mean drunk. She needs to go to rehab ASAP. When your personality changes because of drinking, you have a problem. I also love how she does things for others and then expects them to gush all over her for it. One should not do acts of kindness so they get praise. She needs to leave the show anyway. She is boring.

Gush ON CAMERA, of course!  Nothing counts unless it's on the teevee.  Why did they all back down when they (including Andy) know that she is "a drunk."   A DRUNK!  Does she enjoy watching her antics...her slurring, her cruel comments?   It ain't funny, McGee!   Get thee to a rehab!

• Love 8

"The funeral cameras are for ME." Frankel, Famewhore of Death.

Sonja better enjoy those free SG samples while she can, because she'll be dropped like a turd in Cartagena when the pseudo-widow and Jill clique up next season.

LIVING for Carole telling Andy to fuck off. Write that exposé, girl, and Mention.It.All.

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, kicksave said:

I don't care about Bethenny's trashy SG company...but what I can tell you is that she didn't build it herself. It was her vision and her recipe for a skinny margarita that propelled her business but others were instrumental in making it the success it is. If she doesn't want to credit Jason and others for being a part of the success then that's what she chooses to put out there but let's not be naive...it took a village to get her the deal she got that made her a multi millionaire.

Agree.  And, lunchtime poll:  Does anyone who posts here actually drink her alcoholic creations and like them?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Beth got very lucky when Beam came along. Her Skinny Girl alcohol would have probably failed by now. My wife bought a bottle of margarita, I tried it and thought it was awful.

It IS horrible in my opinion as well!  I do not do artificial sweeteners.  I haven't tried her other stuff.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm trying to remember who Kelly was.  Isn't she the gal who met Betheny at a restaurant & told her "we'll NEVER be friends"???

Along with I'm up here and you're down here.  I'm still in in shell shock from her behavior on scary island and her continual denial that she was crazy!  Just short of needing to be put in 4 point restraints. 

I don't think Jill has  a chance in Hell returning but it was her weak attempt by asking to have the funeral filmed.  Let's call her morbid  Dorinda.  ( who was alcohol fortified from the start of this reunion) 

i thought of Dennis with the intervention comment because who would ask Beth to participate? 

OT : I apologize for my terrible posts , my old iPad mini reloads and stuff disappear so I hit send quickly. 

I need tires so can't replace it now. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

They didn't film inside the funeral home, they were outside after the service.

I guess Dorinda considers it less morbid to invite Carole and Bravo cameras to film at a cemetery at Richard's grave site.

So according to Dorinda not on camera only applies to outside funeral homes, and prolific thank yous must be done on camera.

Dorinda doesn't necessarily want the thank you to be be done ON camera, but they certainly does NOT want them to be done off camera.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, ancslove said:

The good news is that Dorinda's bruise-like highlighter just killed my curiosity about colored, space-age highlighters!  Yay, money saved!

The Dream Team just seems to be collectively deliberately obtuse.  Bethenny mocks everyone and everything in her THs, and that's a legitimate gripe - it gets old to be constantly being made fun of, even if the intention is fairly neutral or even good-natured teasing.  But comparing that kind of mockery to Ramona's own confrontations with Bethenny is just lop-sided.   And the thing with Dorinda's drinking at the end was awful.  Yes, they can all tell the difference between drinking and being drunk and being *a* drunk.  

The thing with Bethenny is that, at her best, she just calmly accepts whatever accusations they throw at her.  Yes, Heather, she's a know-it-all.  Yes, she's a bitch.  Yes, she's a labeler (and personally, I don't even see why that's such a horrible thing).  And she basically says, "So what?".  

But, if I were Bethenny, I'd be downright pissed at Luann for chickening out of this ordeal.

Yes, this being drunk or a drunk is funny.  It’s a way of avoiding the issue.  Somebody please say it to Dorindas face.  You are a sloppy, obnoxious drunk, and you have to go into re-hab for a long time.   Not like that country club Luann goes to when she wants a rest or to avoid a situation.  Face it, you are an Alcoholic.  Get help already before you fall in the bushes.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Agree.  And, lunchtime poll:  Does anyone who posts here actually drink her alcoholic creations and like them?

I tried two of her products (I won’t even call them drinks) and both sucked. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Forgive me.  I love how in the funeral service video, right-handed Bethenny switches her Birkin from her left hand to her right, palladium hardware facing the photogs, and opens the door with her left.  Point being, she's just never not a show off.  We see it Bethenny, we know you have them (we also know not all of them are real, but that's another story for another day).

I switch my handbag carrying hand all the time, depends what side a door is on, where people are standing, depends on a lot of things.  this is a reach.....

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

It IS horrible in my opinion as well!  I do not do artificial sweeteners.  I haven't tried her other stuff.

I tried the SG Margarita once and it tasted like a heavy perfume would taste.  Yuk.  Her strawberry/lemonade non alcoholic drink was very good, but I can’t find it anymore.  Why is that?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

THIS.  One million times!

Best thing to happen to Carole...whether she quit or was fired. This franchise is just a bunch of menopausal (except for Tinsley) bitter bitches that engage in cat fighting and the tearing down of each other. It isn't fun anymore...even when they go on their trips they fight almost the entire time. The excessive drinking, the drunken brawls, the back stabbing..all qualities that I hate seeing being exploited by Bravo and Andy Cohen. I understand you need some drama to make these shows a ratings success but at what point is it over the top exploitive women trashing women? I'm having trouble supporting this particular Housewives show anymore, especially after this sad season.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I can say with great satisfaction, that nary a SG product has crossed my lips or made it into my shopping cart, real or virtual.

• Love 11