Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Beth has raised over a million dollars in hurricane relief.   Who cares if she took a vacation at some point?  How does that negate any of the good she's done?

Should Bethenny have been able to tell the future? She was on vacation right around the time that Harvey hit Houston. I live in Houston, I have to say she was pretty quick to react even before she got down here and saw the devastation. Was she supposed to sit at home knowing that a hurricane was going to devastate one of the largest cities in America?

I was in the thick of it here as were some of our fellow posters and even for some of us the immediate devastation caused by Harvey was not apparent. It took a minute for us to take stock and B was one of the first down here. Maybe her humanitarian efforts are belittled because of who she is but if they had stopped with Harvey i would have already admired her but they didn’t stop at Harvey, they continued on. If this is a bone of contention for anyone then that’s on them wanting to find fault with this woman. 

• Love 13
On 8/27/2018 at 11:58 AM, BodhiGurl said:

If she's done with the show why doesn't she just go radio silent and avoid talking about the show? She could go with the "that's in my past and I'm moving forward" defense... But then again that wouldn't get as much attention as BF bashing would... Pffft... I'm so glad I unfollowed her on social media. 

Good for you.  Carole is not going out gracefully, so that leads me to believe she was definitely FIRED.  Sour grapes.

• Love 7
On 8/24/2018 at 2:34 PM, Gem 10 said:

Ha.  I could just picture Dorinda and John sexually.  She’d be sloppy drunk, clothes half off, makeup all over her face sayin “ Richard, Richard, Richard”.  Dorinda adores Dorinda.

Hahahahaha - thanks for the nasty visual.  It just occurred to me that in light of Doris's penchant for exacting a pound of flesh every little thing she does for a friend, I wonder what size anvil of obligation Doris has built up in six whole years for poor John to wear forever around his neck.

• Love 5
On 8/24/2018 at 5:08 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I get the sleezy thing too, but he's not even in the same universe as Aviva's dad, George. 

I hope that universe only consists of George, because...., just because ... heebie jeebies 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I hope that universe only consists of George, because...., just because ... heebie jeebies 

I feel violated that I needed to defend John, but yeah. I sincerely hope George is one of a kind.

• Love 8
On 8/25/2018 at 11:24 AM, Mrs peel said:

That may be why she’s dating so quickly.  Jill always struck me as someone who needed to be in a relationship.  And, not to be callous, but Bobby was very sick for a long time.  She was probably getting adjusted to being alone (and not liking it) long before he died.

also gotta wonder what the financial arrangements are.  This was a second marriage for each, the business isn’t being sold and Jill likely has no ownership in that.  Their apartment on the show never impressed me as “all that” - it was relatively small for monied people.

All the more reason to believe they're "monied people" -- and the reason Jill is able to start "dating so quickly" if dating is what she's doing.  She's not exactly attractive but her money certainly is.  The second marriage thing is a wild card in a sense, but they've been together a long time and Bobby's death wasn't sudden so I'm sure Jill knows exactly what to expect.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, bagger said:

Should Bethenny have been able to tell the future? She was on vacation right around the time that Harvey hit Houston. I live in Houston, I have to say she was pretty quick to react even before she got down here and saw the devastation. Was she supposed to sit at home knowing that a hurricane was going to devastate one of the largest cities in America?

I was in the thick of it here as were some of our fellow posters and even for some of us the immediate devastation caused by Harvey was not apparent. It took a minute for us to take stock and B was one of the first down here. Maybe her humanitarian efforts are belittled because of who she is but if they had stopped with Harvey i would have already admired her but they didn’t stop at Harvey, they continued on. If this is a bone of contention for anyone then that’s on them wanting to find fault with this woman. 

Exactly.  Love her or hate her, you can't ignore the fact that she has done more for people in need than all of the other women put together.   People harp on her for bringing attention to what she's done but I guarantee you the million dollars she's raised so far wouldn't be near that amount had she not been broadcasting and bringing attention to it.  You gotta give credit where credit is due sometimes.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Just a heads up - Part 2 starts at 8 EST.  It always throws me off when one of these shows start at 8 instead of 9.

In my area it also starts at 8 EST, but it then is shown again at 10.

22 hours ago, lezlers said:

Beth has raised over a million dollars in hurricane relief.   Who cares if she took a vacation at some point?  How does that negate any of the good she's done?

The point was missed then. My post was solely about the narrative that's pervaded since the start of the season that Bethenny was out doing relief during the summer while Carole was hanging out with Tinsley and that somehow this was the start of the rift between Bethenny and Carole. That was not the case, and because that wasn't the case, it changes the particulars.

21 hours ago, bagger said:

Yeah, I didn't say that. I didn't and haven't suggested that Bethenny needed to predict anything. My post was pretty clear in that the narrative about Bethenny was doing hurricane relief during the summer (i.e., she was doing this thing while Carole was flitting around, all unsupportive-like) simply wasn't true.

• Love 7
On 8/22/2018 at 8:52 PM, rehoboth said:

I do think this is the best dressed Housewives Reunions show (with Carol bringing down the average).

I don't think Bethenny looks good. Her face is haggard and her tits are saggy in that dress. 

• Love 2
On 8/26/2018 at 1:33 PM, gingerella said:

Eh, I just dont get the Carole hate here. I think of all the Ho's on this franchise and possible all the franchises, she is the smartest, most well-read/traveled/socially & politically astute/saavy of all these women. She doesn't need this show, from what I've seen over her tenure, she used the show as a platform/opportunity to get exposure for her first widow's book. But she's always come off far more erudite and intellectual than any of these Ho's - past or present. She has a true New Yorker attitude and when she realizes/see/confirms that someone is full of shit, she no longer has any fucks to give, and I totally understand that. I think all these women are pathetic excuses for human beings and Carole seems to me to be the only normal one amongst them.

Dorinda is an angry, abusive alcoholic. She is also a shit stirrer to the nth degree and lies about it all the time. She doesn't seem to need this show for money, but apparently she needs it to feed the empty hole in her soul.

Tinsley is an emotionally stunted woman-child who lives off Mommy and Daddy and has zero base in reality. She cant even handle finding a luxury apartment so she 'has to' live in a luxury hotel. She doesn't need this show monetarily but she needs it to feed her ego that she's still important and A-List.

Sonja is a sad, delusional person living in the past, still pretending she's married to a Morgan. She pretty much lies all the time. She needs this show to pay the bills.

Bethanny is a mentally unstable meltdown, who is so angry and deluded that she seems incapable of seeing how much of a c^nt she really is to people, thus has no clue why people hate her. She will sell anything, and anybody to further line her bank account. She needs this show to hawk her products ad naseum.

Ramona is also deluded, trying to convince herself that her life post-Mario is BETTERTHANEVER and yet she constantly says hurtful things about pretty much everyone, and aligns with whomever is stroking her ego at the moment (wait, that's all of them, right?!?).

LuAnn is an alcholic whose rage about her life comes out full force when she's drunk. She can be straightforward and decent when she wants to but sadly turns on a thin dime and then I remember who she really is. I want to like her but she just is so full of herself that I cant. She needs this show to feed her pretend caberet/countess career.

Carole...to me, she's the only one who doesn't have a substance abuse issue or any real 'issues', to be honest. She is an astute, intelligent woman who has manners, intellect, a true appreciation for the arts, and is a no bullshit kind of gal. She is the only one of the bunch I'd ever even consider sitting down with for a drink, let alone a full meal. I think she'd have interesting things to talk about outside of herself (Hello B, D, T, D, R & L, who only seem to be able to drone on about themselves all the fucking time). And if she's been snarkier this season, I see it as her being totally over all the bullshit with Bethanny and most of the rest of them. If she's sidled up to someone as dimwitted as Tinsley during this season, I can totally understand why - it's mind-numbing for me to watch this shit show, I cant even begin to imagine having to sit with these harpies in real life and hear all the damn yelling and shrieking and talking over each other ALLTHETIME, so yeah, I'd maybe start talking to the vapid one who doesn't participate in all that as much as the other do. And as others have said way up thread, she doesn't need this show like the others seem to. She'll be fine with her actual, legitimate writing career, or anything else she decides to do in the future.

Couldn't agree more. Love Carole and will miss her on the show. 

• Love 3

What difference does it make if Bethenny was doing the hurricane work during the *summer* or the *autumn*?

If there's some signicant plot point I've missed it... and wasn't Harvey late aug/early sept? 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

What difference does it make if Bethenny was doing the hurricane work during the *summer* or the *autumn*?

Because Bethenny said specifically that she and Carole drifted a part because Carole spent all summer hanging out/traveling with Tinsley (though both deny that) while she was busy doing relief.   She first started tweeting about fundraising on August 31. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Because Bethenny said specifically that she and Carole drifted a part because Carole spent all summer hanging out/traveling with Tinsley (though both deny that) while she was busy doing relief.   She first started tweeting about fundraising on August 31. 

This part.

47 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

If there's some signicant plot point I've missed it... and wasn't Harvey late aug/early sept? 

Because, just as we saw in reunion part 2, Bethenny thought it better to lie about things in their friendship, until Carole pulled up the text chain that Bethenny sent and which she could no longer refute (e.g., Bethenny claiming season-long that she sent one text over Christmas but having to keep her mouth shut as Carole read off a litany of texts). So, Bethenny making up the details about when they drifted apart plays a role in the rift, if you ask me.

And yes, Harvey was late August, but Bethenny didn't actually get on the ground in Texas until maybe mid-September. That's a pretty different story from doing disaster relief during the summer.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, missy jo said:

I don't think Bethenny looks good. Her face is haggard and her tits are saggy in that dress. 

And WTF is that vein popping out between her tits. It's so distracting. Why accentuate that?

• Love 4
On 8/27/2018 at 9:32 PM, bagger said:

And people who don’t normally smoke also don’t crave a cigarette when they stress out. How stupid does she’s think everyone is?

Exactly @bagger

I’m wondering how she’s even able to fit a cigarette in her mouth with those big chompers!

Edited by Kaia40
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ha ha ha... watched it last night to wrap up my rewatch marathon ahead of the new season (don't' even care if I get to all reunion parts) - DREEEEEAMMMM TEEEEAAMMMM... oh how sweet it was to watch the "dream team" go down in flames whilst trying to take on BF. Even funnier the second time around. I might have even made it into part 2 - it's all a blur as I was knitting at the same time... Lordt Carole wanted to go out in a blaze of no glory. I still love how Dorinda and Ramona started lightening up on their "takedown" of BF. Carole was left flapping in the wind. Even Tins stood up for BF in some respects... 

Edited by BodhiGurl
weird typo
  • Love 4
On 8/28/2018 at 1:03 PM, Anne Thrax said:

image.png.ccc5fa0e24e79ebeaaf946088c49b5d8.png

I couldn't keep my eyes off Carole's bones this season -- she looks dreadfully unhealthy.  The depression at the side of her face in the photo above, and her overly prominent collarbones seen in just about every episode are signs she's got some severe wasting going on.  Sad, and at this point a sandwich ain't gonna help.

Now that Carole is ditching this playground to go back to doing meaningful actual work, I won't be holding my breath watching for any books or hard-hitting journalism written by her in war zones, or seeing her name in production credits on successful well-known television news shows.  Cuz I think that ship sailed a long time ago and Carole never really had the chops she always boasts about.

I think Carole's inflated ego couldn't take another hit, her temper got the best of her and she blew her high-profile well-paying gig all over the television screen, and now it's all over.

Carole looks elderly and frail. She should get smaller veneers/dentures. They look gigantic on her gaunt face.

She seems to be just as mean as Bethenny. She just has a quieter voice.

She also seems to be in denial about her age, her feelings for Adam, and how she looks in her ridiculous outfits.

• Love 4