Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I feel that Andy is a terrible moderator of these reunions and have been a long time advocate of him either being replaced or joined by someone who is willing to ask the tough questions. I realize that this will never happen but to me it would be great if they could have an objective person ask these women questions. Someone who isn't financially tied into the shows or network. Maybe a new person every season so that it can't be claimed that there's bias or favoritism developing. 

I see it in every single reunion. It isn't just RHNY. Remember how much he would let Brandi get away with? That shit still pisses me off years later lol. 

IMO a decent (and by decent I mean someone who is good at holding these women accountable for their behavior) interviewer would ask Dorinda point blank, after showing numerous clips of her going to the dark side after drinking, if she can't acknowledge that she (obviously) has some sort of problem. It can't be blamed on one bad night. I find it insulting that she thinks viewers can't see the truth about her addiction(s). There are seasons worth of bad days and nights. Poor decision making, hurtful comments, and overall embarrassing, straight up shameful behavior that is spurred on by too much alcohol. It enrages me that she's repeatedly allowed to get away with behavior that is completely reprehensible. 

It brings me back the frustration that I would feel every time I would see Kim Richards not be called on the majority of her shit during a reunion. She would treat people horribly because of her using and drinking. A few minor questions would be thrown around just touching the tiniest tip of the iceberg and that would be it. I understand that this show isn't Intervention but when you spend substantial parts of the season getting into a castmember's addictions to me it only makes sense to address it in a meaningful way. That Dorinda is still not called out on the fact that her behavior has for years now indicated that she is indeed a DRUNK is mindbogglingly unfair to everyone involved Dorinda especially. 

Regarding Andy being an unfair moderator---just the fact the Bethenny isn't asked a follow up question about the fact that she was once leading the pack when it comes to talking about how Sonja's business ventures were all basically versions of She by Shereè--I feel like I'd have to be blind to not pick up on this sort of thing indicating a kind of favoritism. Meanwhile Sonja actually has the audacity to imply that the other women simply tried to poison Bethenny against her. As if Bethenny didn't have a mind of her own and wasn't responsible for her comments to Sonja when she let her have it over Tispy Girl and all of the other stuff. To me it's fairly obvious that Sonja simply doesn't want to ever be on Bethenny's bad side again because she doesn't ever want to risk being frozen out of filming again. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 22
44 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

She can be privileged and still have had shitbag parents. 

Ahhhhhh yes this is true but Bethennny claimed she did not HAVE  parents, and had no financial support. Jill said she thought for longest time B was an orphan. All lies. 

• Love 21
6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I still think her main beef with Sonja is that Sonja reportedly called her fat.  She's really been gunning for her since Carole, the bringer of good cheer, shared that bit of news with her for no apparent reason.  

I think sooner rather than later, Dorinda might find herself with a bright and shiny mugshot if she doesn't get that drinking/temper under control.

I think it goes back further....when Sonja said they all know Dorinda and John do coke (at a past reunion)

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Carole: Na,na,na na, hey hey,hey Goodbye.   Good riddance. I won’t miss that lemon sucking, pan-caked  assed weasel. 

This caused me to choke on my water. Lemon sucking, pan-caked assed weasel! 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

So true. My girlfriend hates dresses - if she wears them - they have to be long as in almost down to her ankles. This is because when she was 14 some guy not even a boyfriend said your legs look funny - like they're crooked.

Reunion Part 2 - they are going to talk more about Tinsley/Scott. She needs to cut her losses with him and find someone else.

A better shot of Tinsley's reunion ensemble - I posted it over on the Tinsley thread

38849603_460471501116379_205896488742551

I don't think you could possibly add another thing to that dress....good god!

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Ahhhhhh yes this is true but Bethennny claimed she did not HAVE  parents, and had no financial support. Jill said she thought for longest time B was an orphan. All lies. 

I can see how someone with a terrible relationship with their parents can just say they don't have parents. It cuts down on a lot of awkward conversation.

But her no financial support claim? Yeah, there's a three alarm fire in her (SG) jeans going on with that bullshit.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Not even a magic wand that can produce a bottle of Tito's and an engagement ring from Scott?

Carole must have picked it out for her. WTF was she thinking?

p.s. that ring is never gonna happen. AND Scott is an idiot connecting himself with RHONY he's getting called out on his scam couponcabin BS

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 3
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

It does fit Tinsley's style though. I also don't find it as repulsive as the turquoise frock she wore at the last reunion.

Maybe if you chopped the very bottom netting off and ripped the frilly waist thingy (peplum?)  it would look better?

• Love 5
On August 23, 2018 at 11:27 AM, Mozelle said:

There's something up with Jill. I think that she just really wants her name to be on everyone's lips and would love to be back on this franchise. She might see Bethenny as an end to those means. I also think there might be some wistfulness going on as her tenure with the franchise ended with not a lot of people (*raises hand to count herself among them*) ever wanting to see her on the show again. So, not only does Jill want back on the show, but it feels as though she wants to come back to "clear her name," so to speak since her last season ended so badly. (Really, if you think about it, her season three ended horribly as well, so she had back-to-back seasons where I think the audience largely was not feeling her.)

I know I'm a day or two behind, but trying to catch up and respond at the same time.  Agree with you, @Mozelle (as I often do).  I am no longer a Beth fan, but that season I was totally on her side.  Jill got Lu and the two of them ganged up on Beth.  Maybe even the next season-- something about Jill  being awful at a wedding?  (Might have my seasons mixed up.)

No, never to Jill returning.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Sunfield said:

Ohhhh this makes a lot of sense. Remembering Bethenny talking from her make up chair right before it started, she seemed to know they were nearly all against her. 

I like the theory, especially that there was a mole, but the three stooges weren't exactly subtle in their strategy. I think she could have figured it out with out a heads up.

• Love 5
On August 23, 2018 at 12:12 PM, Sharonana said:

I think Ramona looks great! IDK how old some of you are, but I'm 60 and wish my body looked half as good as hers. Sonja is in good shape too. Ramona's and Tinsley's hair are the only ones I liked. Tinsley should have worn Beth's dress and vice versa. Dorinda looked good in her dress. She's got great arms and shoulders.

Just trying to add something positive to this shit show of a reunion. :P

I need to go back and watch it again because I don't see Carole talking as much as others say she did. I did think the previews for next week were funny when she told Andy he was full of shit. LOL!

Yeah, I'm 60 and thought they all looked good.  Beth's dress had too much boobage on display and I was not a fan of Sonja's hair, but compared to me and most of my friends, they looked good!  lol 

Go, Carole, Go!  I'm all about someone taking on Andy!  You'll be okay, post RHONYC.

• Love 16
13 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with this. From what we've seen of Carole, she's never been that motivated to do anything. She's also not stupid and she very well knows, from her relationship with Andy, that B is the queen of that franchise. Carole has also done her best to distance herself from B this season and handled herself pretty well when they've gone toe to toe.  She didn't need help from anyone during the show so why would she need their help now?  As I've previously said, this reeks of Ramona Singer. It's ill conceived and improperly executed and that's her bread and butter. I could see more of Ramona and Dorinda riling Carole up and feeding her, as they did during the season, with more bad things B said about her to them.  Think back to the episodes with confrontations. How did they start? With info or prodding form Dorinda and Ramona. You want your ring-leaders? It's one or both of them. 

But why lie about saying anything bad about Bethennny and tell Andy he is full of shit? In the Berkshire's Carole tells Dorinda  Bethenny is a  narcissist. 

• Love 11
On August 23, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Former Nun said:

I'm so sad.  Carole was always my favorte NYH until someone decided we shouldn't like her.  I'm only on Page 1 of the Forum and things aren't looking good for her.  I'll miss her, but she wasn't right for this type of show...or these harridans.

Yes.  Thank you.

• Love 8

My gosh, how much can you 'read' into a photo?  Is Andy seething at Carole? Or is he really looking at Dorinda?  In my eyes?  I have no idea.  Yeah, it don't mean anything because I don't know.  We're talking about a nano second in time.

Is Carole over it?  Yeah.  Given from what we have seen from next week's episode?  Good for her.  Someone needs to bring it to Andy and Beth.

Sorry.  I haven't always liked Carole especially since she became 'friends' with Beth (no problem with Heather) but damn, she's not ugly like some have tried to portray her,  and she's got a banging body.  With no 'implants'

If someone else wore the dress that Beth wore at the reunion she would be all over it.  For me it was the worse out of all the women.  Pretty dress but just not .....you need perky breasts to carry that off.  Beth doesn't have that.

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

It isn't noticeable in the original picture but in this blown up picture, Carole looks exactly like Glenn Close.

Gotta disagree on that. The noses are very similar but Glenn’s eyes aren’t as closed. Glenn’s mouth and jaw are strong, yes, but way more feminine than Carol’s appear, here. Cover the nose & eyes, & look just at the mouth & chin — they are not close to Glenn’s. (Yeah, I went there!)

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Maybe even the next season-- something about Jill  being awful at a wedding?  (Might have my seasons mixed up.)

Jill went on a rant about Alex "socializing at a wedding that was totally above her" in early season 4. And wearing a cream and gold dress.

It was the same wedding where Moaner was talking smack about Cindy's brother smoking Ramona's dead friend's cigars, while Cindy and her brother were standing right behind her! 

• Love 11
On 8/23/2018 at 7:44 PM, ChitChat said:

No matter whose idea it was, I found it tacky.  I had no interest in seeing them hug it out at a funeral.  There is a time and a place for cameras, and IMO, that wasn't one of them. 

Not tacky if that is what Bobby wanted.

I just went to a funeral and they had a huge party after with his band members playing live at the party. His wife was even up dancing BECAUSE that is what he would have wanted.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Jill went on a rant about Alex "socializing at a wedding that was totally above her" in early season 4. And wearing a cream and gold dress.

It was the same wedding where Moaner was talking smack about Cindy's brother smoking Ramona's dead friend's cigars, while Cindy and her brother were standing right behind her! 

Omg.  I just don't remember this at all.   It sucks being old.  Maybe it's because Cindy is a total blur except for those baby high chairs which were totally weird?  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, film noire said:

I know why Carole is pissed at Betheny; because Frankel behaved like a two-faced, backstabbing bitch all season. Because Frankel happily trashed her supposed "dear friend" Carole on camera (and did so long before Carole caught on, while Carole was still complimenting and defending Frankel to people). Because Carole gave Frankel five thousand dollars for Puerto Rico, and asked friends with private planes to help, even as Frankel acted like Carole blew her off and gave her no support. Because Bethenny thought it was funny to turn Anthony Radizwill into a punchline; because Bethenny was a rude bitch about Adam; because Betheny is not the friend Radziwill thought she was, and she finally realized Frankel is a pitbull of a human being, ready to savage and turn on anybody in her path, for no reason at all.

That's more than enough for me to get where Radiziwll is coming from --  I'd feel a deep, clean rage at any human being who did one of those things to me, never mind repeated emotional attacks meant to gaslight, undermine and humiliate me; and all coming from someone who spouts "I love you" with all the sincerity of a pimp.

It's funny, we talk about men abusing women in this culture, but rarely about the Bethennys of the world; the way women like her love breaking down other women, love shaming them, mocking them, trying to rob them of confidence and the ability to coherently defend themselves against the hateful verbal onslaught coming their way.

What's even funnier is how --  if Frankel were a man --  her abuse would have ended her career years ago. 

Isn't it perfect that the one woman who genuinely gave zero fuck was not wannabe Frankel, but Carole?

Yes to everything, as usual!  Your observations are always spot on .... BUT on this subject, I can’t ignore that Carole knew just what she was getting into.  

Carole had seen B’s behavior with the other Housewives, as well as other people in her life, like the ex.  Carole happily joined in spewing the venom, but she was foolish to think it would never be turned on her.  

Like the Scorpion she is, it’s B’s “nature” to sting.  (And Carole actually looks like she could have been the turtle that gave the Scorpion the ride in the Fable).

• Love 11
On 8/23/2018 at 2:11 PM, BloggerAloud said:

All these women choosing to be on Team Carole just made me think of Sheree completely miscalculating things and being Team Kim  and Nene hilariously telling her she had chosen the wrong team.

I think Ramona started to realize  she picked the wrong team towards the end of part 1 of the reunion. She started to soften a bit with Bethenny.  Esp. after she noticed Andy wasn't going to side with Carol's lies. Carole (the idiot) thought Andy was more about Carole. He may have been but wasn't going to agree with the fiction Carole was spewing.  IT'S ON CAMERA, CAROLE!  

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I think Ramona started to realize  she picked the wrong team towards the end of part 1 of the reunion. She started to soften a bit with Bethenny.  Esp. after she noticed Andy wasn't going to side with Carol's lies. Carole (the idiot) thought Andy was more about Carole. He may have been but wasn't going to agree with the fiction Carole was spewing.  IT'S ON CAMERA, CAROLE!  

Did she?  I didn't see that at all.  What did I miss?

• Love 7
23 hours ago, film noire said:

Bethenny is also the woman Ramona comforted throughout Frankel's face of fibroids saga, only to be mocked as a fake businesswoman. 

Bethenny, the woman who slut-shamed Luann and called her a whore and a snake,  accused Dorinda of being a drunk and a cokehead, mocked a woman fighting an eating disorder,  called Sonja disgusting,  never apologized to Carole for dropping a ref to her dead husband into one of her so-called "jokes", referred to Tinsley's documented battery as "supposed abuse" , described Bobby's death as a vindication of her fight with his widow,  and bragged that the cameras at his funeral were there to  "FILM ME!" -- I mean that Bethenny Frankel -- the one who has attacked, mocked, degraded and humiliated every castmate she's ever worked with,  while playing the plucky little urchin. 

She's nobody's friend, not even her own.

A dissertation of true beauty. ::bows::

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I have to ask, what bad behavior are you referring to in regards to Heather?

Heather chasing Aviva around someone else’s house while shrieking curse words and threats (to the point of adopting an aggressive tone with her own husband when he tried to stop her) comes to mind. (Although that display made a nice echo to Carole grabbing Aviva’s face before rushing over to Reid and Harry -while a guest in Reid’s home - in order to announce “your wife is not a good person.”)

As does the fashion in which Heather and Carole both treated Kristen in Montana. 

• Love 14
On 8/23/2018 at 4:34 PM, KungFuBunny said:

The more I think about it, the more I think both Ramona and Dorinda fear either the loss of their own apple or a demotion if Jill were to return.

Isaac Mizrahi and Dorinda were on WWHL, when asked who they'd like back - Isaac answered first with "Jill Zarin"  Dorinda did not agree with Isaac, Jill who she claims is her very good friend.

Dorinda suggests Jules which I see as a total NON friend move. While Jules might need the money, Jules has always been too vulnerable to be on a Reality TV Show. She should not be subjected to the stress. Jules lives in Florida with her parents. Where would Jules live in NY? I don't see Dorinda opening her home to Jules and her children for the 4/5 months of filming.

From my subjective perspective, Jules did a considerably better job of forcing Bethenny on the defensive at the season eight reunion than Carole and Co have done here. I especially remember that after most of her exchanges with Jules back then, Bethenny could only default to positioning herself as the victim. I don’t even recall her managing to get in any cutting retorts and ultimately having to strain for a heinous attack on Jules’s ethnoreligious legitimacy. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

As does the fashion in which Heather and Carole both treated Kristen in Montana.

Okay. I see what you mean about Heather.

What was bad about how Carole treated Kristen in Montana. I just rewatched those episodes a couple weeks ago and Carole (along with Luann) seemed to be the only ones who were being good sports in Montana. Heather was kinda bossy and Ramonja bitched the entire time.

• Love 4

I love this reunion. It show just how deluded the dream team is. Almost every accusation against Bethenny has been refuted with video, except for the feelings of these jealous bitches. You can't stop their feelings.

Carole has shown herself to be immature  unprofessional, and overall petulant. Who tells their boss to fuck off? Forget midlife crisis, Carole appears to be going through the terrible twos! 

Ramoaner and Carole have shown just how awful they are by signing off on Dorinda's drinking problem. Problem? What problem? 

The two professional widows maybe shouldn't have made such a stink about Bethenny at the funeral since they made visiting a gravesite and collecting ashes a plot point in their Reality TV career.

Dorinda is Dorinda. But I think what really showcases who she is at her core is her spitting spiteful and petty insults at Sonja during the montage.

Their plan backfired on them. They have made Bethenny sympathetic even to people who don't like them.

But best of all? Whether she was fired or she quit, Carole won't be back.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, escatefromny said:

Carole happily joined in spewing the venom, but she was foolish to think it would never be turned on her.  

@ryebread Carole got burned by Bethenny for sure. I'd be mad too. But she's got no one to blame but herself.

Yes to you both -- and Radziwill still owes Jules an apology the size of The Ritz -- I'm just saying it's no mystery why Carole is angry at Frankel.  It's all there, on camera; never mind the age shaming and coy puppet insults and attacks on Adam and criticizing somebody when they're sitting right in front of you, Frankel being able to make such a cruel joke (Carole's playing the know-it-all with the dead husband -- perfect for her!) is proof of how little humanity lives in that small-souled vampire.  (Just imagine Carole mocking Dennis' death with such casual brutality; would anybody wonder why Frankel was on the warpath?) 

57 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

I don’t even recall her managing to get in any cutting retorts and having to strain for an attack on Jules’s ethnoreligious legitimacy. 

One of the few moments I've found genuinely touching on this show was Jules'  persistent rebuffing of those two, near the end of her season -- Jules was clearly fighting feeling rattled, but she stayed centered and kept talking and jesus, she got the best of both those mean girls.  I hope she's doing well.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 21
26 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Their plan backfired on them. They have made Bethenny sympathetic even to people who don't like them.

At least for me, this hasn’t been the case. While not a fan of the piling on, it has not made me more sympathetic to Bethenny. It has, though, changed my opinion of the rest of the cast and Andy. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Sunfield said:

This reminded me of the season when they flew to a private island. Luann met the Johnny Depp lookalike pirate guy? Carole was dating a musician and he stopped in one night. When she greeted him at his car below the house, she was referring to the other women in less than kind, derogatory terms. She was saying he had to rescue her. It was clear Carole thought she was better than them. I brushed these things off because of her professional background and i didn’t think Carole was mean. Hindsight and all that regarding Carole has been a bit sad. 

I remember that. I think it was Carole's first season.  It was the St. Barts trip.  Carole and Russ, the musician,  had dinner with Aviva and her husband.  I recall some unpleasant things being said about Ramona and Sonja while they all laughed it up.  While I'm glad to see Carole take on Bethenny this season, I have never been her fan.  I always felt she thinks herself to be on a much higher level than the others, as well as the viewers.

I always wonder just how much of the show is fact and how much is manufactured.  The one thing that has been in the back of my mind is wondering if the Bethenny/Ramona feud isn't actually something the two of them put together in order to keep Ramona relevant on the show.  It was only about two seasons back that Bethenny was going through her uterine issues.  I remember hearing her talk about how Ramona was there for her during that time which took place between seasons being filmed.  Far from enemies. Then when last season started the fuse gets lighted with Ramona asking about Bethenny's soft core movie past and it's continued since then with what amounts to petty bullshit.  It's not beyond the realm of possibility that it's been  completely orchestrated.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:
2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Okay. I see what you mean about Heather.

What was bad about how Carole treated Kristen in Montana. I just rewatched those episodes a couple weeks ago and Carole (along with Luann) seemed to be the only ones who were being good sports in Montana. Heather was kinda bossy and Ramonja bitched the entire time.

Speaking of fashion, I have not forgotten the Victorian walking dress that Carole wore to hike through the woods while on that trip.  That must have been a particular "look at me" phase she was going through because although she's still "look at me" it's been more currently fashion weird in more recent seasons than the vintage oddities of the past.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, may flowers said:

At least for me, this hasn’t been the case. While not a fan of the piling on, it has not made me more sympathetic to Bethenny. It has, though, changed my opinion of the rest of the cast and Andy. 

Not everyone of course, but multiple people have written it in this thread alone. 

• Love 7
On 8/23/2018 at 12:15 PM, Sterling said:

Andy shot a look at Carol when her phone went off, and I paused it.  It was a look that said he was done with her.  Very scolding.  I don't blame him, I mean come on, they were filming, and he was in the middle of a heartfelt speech about Bobby's passing, and non-self aware Carol forgot to switch her phone off.  Why did she need her phone there anyway?

I don't get why they are even allowed to bring phones to reunions. I remember a Shahs reunion not so long ago when Mike constantly fiddled with his phone. Andy should make the couches phone free zones, though a lotta 'receipts' have been pulled via the phone...

Everytime Carole and Dorinda muttered together, which was every time Bethenny was speaking, the look on B's face was PAIN. Bethenny is HURTING. She doesn't get why women don't like her. Bethenny has a big dark void inside of her, I feel pity for her because she really doesn't get why she alienates people and why she is constantly alone. Carole understands this, which is why I think Carole is exceptionally cruel. She has never been so physical on the show as she was this reunion with Dorinda: it wasn't just the muttering, it was the little touches and cuddles etc. i believe Carole was pulling every weapon in her arsenal to hurt Bethenny and B being B, she succeeded. Not going to miss Carole.

I haven't read the all the spectacular 14 pages on this episode, but Luann's absence has made this Bethenny pile on even more excessive and ridiculous. I think Lu would have balanced it somewhat. And Tinsley I thought was really showing her age. Her throat is more wrinkled than mine is. Made me wonder if frozen eggs or no, she'd be capable of a pregnancy, not that I think she REALLY wants kids. She just wants to be 'wifey' as she clearly stated in Cartagena to Ramona NTHAWWT, according to Ramones  (derisive snort). Ramones looked a bit thick around the midriff, I thought too and Dorinda's hair...NO. Just no. Dorinda is not classically beautiful like Luanne or Sonja, but she is striking. Her short do should be her trademark. Glad to see Tinsley finally doing something slightly different with her hair, but her gown is pure Tinsley frou frou. Fortunately for us the memo was black gold and cream or we'd have been exposed to another of Tinsley's fairy dresses. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

I loved her dress & this may be it, it’s gorgeous

Haha, the Nordstrom site describes it as a wedding gown.   I loved it, but not on Bethenny with the boob issue.  

And I loved Carole's dress; I thought it was a knockout.  But she sunk so much into her chair I could hardly see it.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, breezy424 said:

My gosh, how much can you 'read' into a photo?  Is Andy seething at Carole? Or is he really looking at Dorinda?  In my eyes?  I have no idea.  Yeah, it don't mean anything because I don't know.  We're talking about a nano second in time.

Is Carole over it?  Yeah.  Given from what we have seen from next week's episode?  Good for her.  Someone needs to bring it to Andy and Beth.

Sorry.  I haven't always liked Carole especially since she became 'friends' with Beth (no problem with Heather) but damn, she's not ugly like some have tried to portray her,  and she's got a banging body.  With no 'implants'

If someone else wore the dress that Beth wore at the reunion she would be all over it.  For me it was the worse out of all the women.  Pretty dress but just not .....you need perky breasts to carry that off.  Beth doesn't have that.

Ditto to all this!

As someone mentioned before, I wish they had a different moderator for these reunions who could be fair and impartial. It's just one big shit show!

• Love 7
On 8/23/2018 at 8:50 PM, Kiki777 said:

I was a little surprised to hear that Jill is  dating someone already, though I don't know how soon after Bobby's death this was filmed..

Me too.   Didn't Ramona say she had dated the guy 4 times?

Let's hope his name is not Tom and Jill didn't meet him at the Regency......

• Love 8
2 hours ago, weaver said:

Haha, the Nordstrom site describes it as a wedding gown.   I loved it, but not on Bethenny with the boob issue.  

Well will ya look at that Bethenny wearing a wedding gown and not even engaged after all the heat Tinsley got at Amsale! 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I think Bethany said she spent much of her youth at the race track because her dad was an obsessive gambler, so she basically took care of herself since she was around 15-16.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, film noire said:

Yes to you both -- and Radziwill still owes Jules an apology the size of The Ritz -- I'm just saying it's no mystery why Carole is angry at Frankel.  It's all there, on camera; never mind the age shaming and coy puppet insults and attacks on Adam and criticizing somebody when they're sitting right in front of you, Frankel being able to make such a cruel joke (Carole's playing the know-it-all with the dead husband -- perfect for her!) is proof of how little humanity lives in that small-souled vampire.  (Just imagine Carole mocking Dennis' death with such casual brutality; would anybody wonder why Frankel was on the warpath?) 

One of the few moments I've found genuinely touching on this show was Jules'  persistent rebuffing of those two, near the end of her season -- Jules was clearly fighting feeling rattled, but she stayed centered and kept talking and jesus, she got the best of both those mean girls.  I hope she's doing well.

I’ve just realized Bethenny is a comedian as well as a successful business person. I’d wager that may be how she got so successful. Being able to make jokes and laugh this way is very much the old style of doing business but it’s also the same thing comedians do on stage. See Kathy Griffin for instance. This is a revelation to me. I don’t believe Bethenny is trying to hurt people but that seems to be how it’s taken. Carole was the same, has been since day one on this show and writing her blogs criticizing everyone instead of saying it on camera, which they confronted her about back then.  So it seems Bethenny and Carole are not so different in having a gift for entertaining word phrasing and laughing at life and all of our foibles navigating it.

Jules was a gentle soul I thought. I wouldn’t mind her coming back, especially as she had a successful drink concoction of her own. I wonder what happened with that? It sounded really good. 

Edited by Sunfield
Lost a word!
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

I think Bethany said she spent much of her youth at the race track because her dad was an obsessive gambler, so she basically took care of herself since she was around 15-16.

It’s like she lived in the woods.  If I remember, she lived in a beautiful town on Long Island, had beautiful clothes, went to good schools, the racetrack, college.  Seems the Mother and Father fought, Mother had boyfriends, fought with Bethenny, etc.  The norm in many households.  Kids have much worse.  Bernadette should write a book.  I’d love to read it too and hear the other side.  BTW, I thought she was going to reach out to her?  At this point in Beth’s life, with Dennis gone now, wouldn’t it be nice to have a Mother around to share times with Bryn, her two houses?  Oreas the Mother that bad that there’s no going back?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I have found that with all of the housewives reunions that the dresses always seem so over the top for the occasion.  Some of them are pretty, but it's not as if they're going to a Gala.  There's usually too much sparkle and sequins going on for my taste. Tone it down, ladies!  YMMV.

9 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Not tacky if that is what Bobby wanted.

I'm trying to imagine Bobby on his deathbed looking up at Jill and saying, "please bring the Bravo cameras to my funeral so you and Bethenny can make up."  RIP, dearest Bobby.  

• Love 20
10 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

That wasn't Cindy standing behind Ramona.

It was her doppelganger...her brother's girlfriend. 

Creepy. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

It does fit Tinsley's style though. I also don't find it as repulsive as the turquoise frock she wore at the last reunion.

Maybe Mommy is still dressing her.

4 hours ago, weaver said:

And I loved Carole's dress; I thought it was a knockout.  But she sunk so much into her chair I could hardly see it.  

It is described as a wedding gown because it is one.  https://www.watters.com/willowby/products/orion  Maybe reunion dress shopping is how Bethenny heaard about Tinsley's trip to Amsale.  (and now I've doomed myself to getting ads for that dress for the rest of my life, at least it's not a Pnina hooker gown with a sheer bustier and a V pointing to the crotch)

• Love 7