Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

Speaking of Elseworlds, two things kind of bothered mer

First, Barry's behavior during the whole switch thing. I'm sure it was good  to be the Green Arrow for a while. However, Iris not being Barry's wife in that reality should've been the number one thing on his mind. Instead, Barry came off as he didn't care. He didn't take the situation seriously until Oliver brought up waking up in bed with Iris.

Also, I didn't really like Barry telling Oliver to call Iris lightning rod. Then, they had Barry add in "it always work." In my opinion, it made Barry sound like he usues that term to manipulate Iris. Wtf?

• Love 1
On 8/12/2019 at 4:39 AM, Trini said:

That's not their schtick, but yes, that is how Guggenheim treats them in the crossovers, which is the problem. And the last two crossovers in particular had a WestAllen arc, but still sidelined Iris, so that's not it either.

Eh, I think that's been a lot of in even on the Flash. It's got better recently but I remember talking about it a lot during S3 when the whole plot was save Iris from Savitar but sidelined her and didn't give her an actual POV, nothing to do with MG who doesn't seem to care either way about them. She was both Barry's goal but could have been played by a cut out some of the time. Season 5 has had some of the same problems where it's Barry and Nora and then Iris. And much as I have *many* issues with him as a writer I'm not blaming just him for problems with WA during the crossovers. 

On 8/11/2019 at 6:29 PM, ursula said:

Only they legit invented DCTV Lois Lane, who's neither a costumed hero or a scientist, for Elseworlds.... 

They didn't let Iris crossover because she's Black. 

Maybe they are just giant, outright racists. I wasn't a fan of this Lois for a number of reasons but I thought it was more of "hey we got permission to use Superman in the crossovers! Let's bring Lois!" And will only continue to do the same thing in COIE. Because as much as people talk about other pairings being iconic (and they are) Lois Lane/Superman are head and shoulders above in terms of knowledge for "people who don't watch Arrowverse" buzz. Felicity also suffered in comparison to Lois and Lois/Clark scenes and her husband had just got out of prison and now switched realities with his "little brother". Iris didn't have a lot with Barry in COEX  because they were a happy couple and they didn't want to bring in Evil Nazi Barry, which would have given them both more scenes but I really did like her storyline with Felicity. 

Edited by Featherhat

UPDATED: Crisis on Infinite Earths Will NOT Feature DC Universe's Titans
by L.D. Nolan – on Aug 12, 2019  
https://www.cbr.com/rumor-crisis-on-infinite-earths-titans/

UPDATE: The source listed below, Lance Ausfresser, now claims the Titans will not appear on CW's "Crisis on Infinite Earths." Writing in The DC Universe Crossover Events Group on Facebook, he said, "My apologies.. My sources who have been reliable since last season.. there was a misinterpretation of conversation since yesterday on my part. Wish there wasn't. No titans In the crisis crossover." You can read the original post below.

DC's Titans Joining Arrowverse's Crisis Would Be a (Death)Stroke of Genius
by Ian Cardona – on Aug 12, 2019  
https://www.cbr.com/titans-arrowverse-crossover-genius-stroke/

A NEW LEVEL OF FAN SERVICE
Now, DC is doing the same by not only bringing all of The CW shows together, but also by providing plenty of fan service. On top of Routh's Superman and Conroy's Bruce Wayne, we also know that Burt Ward will play an unspecified role. Plus, while far from a done deal, Arrowverse executive producer Marc Guggenheim is also pursuing the cast of Smallville for the crossover. Therefore, the inclusion of the Titans cast would not only be logical, but something else for the fans to get excited about.

Edited by tv echo
10 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Speaking of Elseworlds, two things kind of bothered mer

First, Barry's behavior during the whole switch thing. I'm sure it was good  to be the Green Arrow for a while. However, Iris not being Barry's wife in that reality should've been the number one thing on his mind. Instead, Barry came off as he didn't care. He didn't take the situation seriously until Oliver brought up waking up in bed with Iris.

Also, I didn't really like Barry telling Oliver to call Iris lightning rod. Then, they had Barry add in "it always work." In my opinion, it made Barry sound like he usues that term to manipulate Iris. Wtf?

I don't think Barry came off as he didn't care. I think he came off dumb. He completely flipped a switch when Oliver mentioned waking up in bed with Iris ( which wasn't even accurate because Iris was already in the kitchen when he woke up ). Barry is often dumbed down when in scenes with Oliver because they see him as light and immature compared to Oliver's more serious and pragmatic persona. On Flash Barry isn't like this anymore but it was like the crossover was set in season 1 for both Barry and Oliver and how the other characters related to them. There's no way that the same Barry who was weary about his own daughter coming to his time would react like this upon finding out he and Oliver had switched lives.

Barry never called Iris his lightning rod aside from that moment in Enter Flashtime when they were about to die so I am not sure why they had to add the "it always works" bit. I assume it's something that happens off screen but it's hard to judge in what context. I don't understand why Barry wanted Oliver to call Iris his lightning rod when the goal was to make her believe them. He should have been the one to call her that which he did later on and it worked.

4 hours ago, Featherhat said:

And much as I have *many* issues with him as a writer I'm not blaming just him for problems with WA during the crossovers.

Same. I blame everyone involved. I don't like MG either but I doubt he's this giant dictator who never listens to the other showrunners' input.

4 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Felicity also suffered in comparison to Lois and Lois/Clark scenes and her husband had just got out of prison and now switched realities with his "little brother". Iris didn't have a lot with Barry in COEX  because they were a happy couple and they didn't want to bring in Evil Nazi Barry, which would have given them both more scenes but I really did like her storyline with Felicity. 

The issue with Felicity is that I believe she got excluded and sidelined for petty reasons. The situation with Iris is different because her exclusion is something that has always happened. Even Laurel has appeared in more crossovers and has had more interactions with other Arrowverse characters and she's probably one of the most disrespected characters ever.

I think Iris could have had more with Barry despite the fact that they were a happy couple and I personally didn't want to watch anything with a Nazi Barry because I didn't trust these people to write it tastefully.

As for Lois, I didn't dislike her but she was a checklist more than she was an actual character. She had lines about gender equality in the workplace, a badass hero moment, a marriage proposal and a pregnancy announcement in the span of two episodes. I am fine with them bringing in iconic characters from the comics but not if it's done just because "it would be cool". They need to pace themselves a little and remember that their regulars come first even when they are less known outside of the Arrowverse.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Delphi said:

If their trying to poach smallville actors, it's crazy to me that their not trying to get Dina Meyer or Ashley Scott involved somehow. 

Do you think we'd get Lana Lang? I'm quite sure people would love to see her -- or at least see her meet her end in the Crisis!

9 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Do you think we'd get Lana Lang? I'm quite sure people would love to see her -- or at least see her meet her end in the Crisis!

8 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Do. Not. Even. Go there. Hey, fuck it, why not bring back THAT Lois as well?!? Uggggggghhhhh.

What @Lantern7 said! I do NOT WANT to see The Pink Pestilence anywhere NEAR this.

• LOL 1
On 8/13/2019 at 8:43 PM, Lantern7 said:

Do. Not. Even. Go there. Hey, fuck it, why not bring back THAT Lois as well?!? Uggggggghhhhh.

15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What @Lantern7 said! I do NOT WANT to see The Pink Pestilence anywhere NEAR this.

Oh, come on -- do you honestly mean to tell me that you both wouldn't LOVE to see her bite the dust in some awesomely gruesome manner during the Crisis?

On 8/13/2019 at 11:43 PM, Lantern7 said:

Hey, fuck it, why not bring back THAT Lois as well?!? 

Erica is already playing Kara's mother on Supergirl, replacing Laura Benanti who, I guess, doesn't want to leave New York and her kids for TV these days.

• Useful 1
On 8/14/2019 at 11:45 PM, legaleagle53 said:

Oh, come on -- do you honestly mean to tell me that you both wouldn't LOVE to see her bite the dust in some awesomely gruesome manner during the Crisis?

No.Nyet.Uh-Uh.

But IF ONLY Michael Rosenbaum would make a cameo! He was the Flash to Kevin Conroy's Batman! Yes, that's right. Michael Rosenbaum did double duty when playing Lex on Smallville. He was also Wally West/Flash, Dr. Polaris, Deadshot, on Justice League/Justice League Unlimited!

• Love 2

Supernatural’s Misha Collins ‘Would Love’ To Take Part In The Arrow-verse
Laura Hurley  August 16, 2019
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2478222/supernaturals-misha-collins-would-love-to-take-part-in-the-arrow-verse

Misha Collins, who has of course played the angel Castiel on Supernatural since way back in Season 4, chatted with CinemaBlend's TV Editor Nick Venable at the 2019 TCA summer press tour, and Collins said this when asked if taking part in the Arrow-verse was something that would ever interest him:

"You know, I think there have been brief 'what if?' conversations, but I don't think that there's anything in play for that. I think it could be...there's an opportunity for something really funny, which I would love to do."

Edited by tv echo

Exclusive "Elseworlds" Deleted Scene: Supergirl Comes to Gotham City
By RUSS BURLINGAME - August 16, 2019 
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/16/exclusive-elseworlds-deleted-scene-supergirl-comes-to-gotham/ 

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has provided ComicBook.com with an exclusive first look at a deleted scene from the forthcoming Arrow: The Complete Seventh Season box set, and it gives an insight into the "Elseworlds" crossover. In the deleted scene, seen above Supergirl finds herself at Arkham Asylum and in possession of the Book of Destiny. After seeing her up close, John Deegan decides that it is she, and not The Flash, who truly personifies power. He vanishes a moment later, suggesting that this is the moment he gets the idea to rewrite reality with himself as Superman.

Edited by tv echo
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

Supernatural’s Misha Collins ‘Would Love’ To Take Part In The Arrow-verse
Laura Hurley  August 16, 2019
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2478222/supernaturals-misha-collins-would-love-to-take-part-in-the-arrow-verse

If Misha Collins ever came to the Arrowverse, I assume he would crossover as Castiel and appear on Legends with Constantine so we can get one of these:

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

I know everyone wants Michael Rosenbaum to return as Lex, but I’d love to see him cameo as Wally. 

As someone who hated the Pink Pestilence and thought she'd never be able to watch Kristin Kreuk in another role: I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I've enjoyed her since her Lana Lang days. Between different showrunners and a more seasoned actor, I wouldn't run screaming away from the crossover now like I would have done then if they ever announce KK's involvement.

• Love 1

Stephen Amell ARROW Panel - Fan Expo Boston 2019
Published on Aug 17, 2019, by Fandom Spotlite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDkWHVU6QaQ

-- On what happens to the Arrowverse once Arrow's gone because Arrow is the structure for everything, SA: "I think that, kinda by definition, um, you know, once - once our show's done, then, in my opinion, then it - Grant becomes the - Grant as Barry Allen becomes the, you know, central point in the universe, for sure. And, um, he'll do a great job with it. But, um, I don't know. Just don't start calling it the Flashverse. Okay? ... Just keep calling it the Arrowverse. But no, you know, there will always be - we just happened to be first. Right? But what I think is - what I actually think is, I think that the crossover this year will do a really good job of answering that question for you."

Edited by tv echo

How would the show manage to shoehorn in Dinah Lance when COIE already have Dinah Drake and at least a couple of Laurel Lances?

On 8/17/2019 at 8:29 AM, tv echo said:

Exclusive "Elseworlds" Deleted Scene: Supergirl Comes to Gotham City
By RUSS BURLINGAME - August 16, 2019

Supergirl finds herself at Arkham Asylum and in possession of the Book of Destiny. After seeing her up close, John Deegan decides that it is she, and not The Flash, who truly personifies power.

That's interesting because it's always seemed to me that in the Arrowverse other than with LoT, male superheroes are more important than the female ones. Even Supergirl would occasionally play second fiddle to Mon El or Superman. I got all excited at the idea that they would make her the leading superhero in COIE. And then I remembered that the scene was deleted so not considered that important after all.

Re some older conversations, personally I'm glad that the crossover episodes are written by the writers of the different shows rather than one team writing all the episodes of the crossing. Each of the shows has their own brand and their own flavour and I think I would miss my individual shows if the same team tried to write all the episodes. I already hate the Arrow 100th in that year's crossover because it had nothing to do with how the show itself was going.

I was going to take Oliver and Iris to the relationship thread and then I realized that I didn't know which show's relationship thread so I'll leave it here since it's brief and the conversation was held here. In terms of  addressing Iris' relationship with Oliver, I think it never happened because it never needed to happen. Barry's first episodes on Arrow had him as a third wheel in Oliver and Felicity's relationship for Oliver to get jealous about and once Oliver committed to Felicity in the summer before the first Flash episode aired, he really never showed an interest in any other woman (the horrible Susan notwithstanding). Felicity and Iris have had a friendship starting with the double date with Iris and Eddie in the Flash's first season but there was no in-story reason to show a relationship between Oliver and Iris other than she's the wife of his friend and her celebrity crush is Oliver so that Barry can have feels about that. (Yes, still bitter about Iris and Barry's comments about the wedding present Oliver and Felicity gave them.).

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How would the show manage to shoehorn in Dinah Lance when COIE already have Dinah Drake and at least a couple of Laurel Lances?

Not sure,  but I'd 100% would rather check in on Dinah Lance from BoPverse than know what's going on with any of our various canaries aside from Sara.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

In terms of  addressing Iris' relationship with Oliver, I think it never happened because it never needed to happen.

I disagree. They're all supposed to be friends, right? Why wouldn't they have a line or two acknowledging that? The Elseworlds crossover where Iris and Oliver finally had scenes together was the perfect time. As it stands now, to Iris, Oliver is cute but an awful person; and to Oliver, Iris is a once-unattainable girl who is now Barry's wife. I just think they could have done better.

Again, not a hill I need to die on, but I think it's odd they put some effort into every other corner of this 'square' except this one.

• Love 1

Rachel reprising Dinah Lance, even if it's just a cameo before Earth 333 gets destroyed, isn't something I'd want to see. She's a regular on Batwoman so I'd rather see her show up in her current role than revisiting the old one.

26 minutes ago, Trini said:

to Oliver, Iris is a once-unattainable girl who is now Barry's wife

Unattainable to Barry, not to Oliver himself. To Oliver, Iris is someone he knows because of her relationships with Barry and Felicity, not because he himself has a relationship with her independent than through his friend and his wife. Like Kara has relationships with Barry and Oliver but not with Iris and Felicity unless they all go out together to celebrate

It's not a big thing but the crossovers have always valued action over relationships. When I do get relationship building in the Arrowverse, I count it as a bonus. (Star Trek DS9 this ain't.)

26 minutes ago, Trini said:

As it stands now, to Iris, Oliver is cute but an awful person

This is something that I really wish the Flash writers would stop doing. It's not true and it's not funny.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

The last thing this show needs is another Canary. They've made the name meaningless now since anyone can just start using it. 

There's that, and it would never happen in this show,  but being called out that the name is a legacy and not a title would be awesome. 

• Love 1

Unattainable to Barry, not to Oliver himself.

Yes, that's what I meant.

To Oliver, Iris is someone he knows because of her relationships with Barry and Felicity, not because he himself has a relationship with her independent than through his friend and his wife.

Yes, that's the problem.

Like Kara has relationships with Barry and Oliver but not with Iris and Felicity unless they all go out together to celebrate

Even then, Iris and Kara have still have more of a relationship.

tumblr_p0csmiJov11wrfub4o1_r1_400.gif

(And no, I'm not expecting Iris/Oliver to be huggy friends)

Edited by Trini
  • Love 4

Arrow Season 8: David Ramsey on the Final Season
Delia Harrington Alec Bojalad  Aug 23, 2019
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/arrow/282955/arrow-season-8-david-ramsey-final-season

It does seem like it's going to be a fairly atypical final season for a TV show, just because of that crossover event. What's it like to balance this enormous crossover with it being the last go around for everybody?
Well, it won't be the last go around for anyone else, I would imagine, their crossover will continue, even without Arrow. But, for us, it's bittersweet in that it's sad but also awesome because, I kind of know how it's going to end. Not kind of. I do know how it's going to end. So it's like, "They're never going to get this! They're never going to see this coming! Oh my god! That's a red herring!" So all that stuff is real exciting as a fan. So we're reading that in the script. When I get the script, it's like, "Smart! Clever! Oh, they thought that. No, this." So I kind of geek out about it.

Edited by tv echo

Recent posts have been removed for going off topic and not following the rules of this thread. Here is the link to the rules so please read and familiarize yourself. I am also reposting those rules below:

This thread has now been updated for discussion of the 2019 crossover: Crisis On Infinite Earths!  Discussion and speculation are to be focused on the crossover NOT the individual shows.  Spoilers will be shared freely so enter at your own risk. 

Things to be aware of:

1) You are free to discuss Crisis and Elseworlds as much as you want.  Elseworlds turned out to be a direct connection to Crisis so discussion of the two crossovers will go hand in hand.

2) You may engage in LIMITED discussion of the other crossovers as they pertain to Crisis.  It will be easy to go off topic so pay attention to the content of your posts. 

-If you feel that the alien invasion was direct foreshadowing to Crisis, then feel free to discuss why.  If you just want to post about how much you loved/hated the Invasion crossover, your post(s) will be removed.

-If you feel that Oliver shooting Barry with an arrow back in the first crossover has a direct connection to Crisis, then feel free to discuss why.  If you just want to post about how Oliver should/shouldn't have done that, your post(s) will be removed.

3) You may engage in LIMITED discussion of the other shows as they pertain to Crisis.  You'll be even more tempted to go off topic here so pay attention to the content of your posts.

-If a Flash episode shows that the Crisis date has changed from 2024 to 2019, then it can be discussed here.  If you use this as an excuse discuss the Flash show with no Crisis connections, your post(s) will be removed. 

-If you feel that the hellscape of Future Star City is fallout from Crisis, then you may discuss that here.  If you use this as an excuse to discuss Arrow with no Crisis connections, your post(s) will be removed.

-If you think Brainy will provide crucial information on the Crisis resolution because he's from the future, then you may discuss it here.  If you use this as an excuse to discuss Supergirl with no Crisis connections, your post(s) will be removed.

4) Spoilers for other shows are not allowed here.  If you read a spoiler for an episode of Black Lightning that sparks a theory related to Crisis, wait until the episode has aired before you bring it here to discuss.  Just because you read that Condiment King will have a three episode arc* just before the BL season finale doesn't mean it will have anything to do with Crisis.  Wait until the episode airs and then make your argument.

*Not real.

5) This thread is not the place for you to argue about which ship/character/show is better or worse than the others.  Stay focused on Crisis and be civil to your fellow posters.  There's nothing wrong with total agreement, total disagreement, and everything in between.

Since the creation of this thread you've all been great about staying focused and on topic.  If we all continue in this manner we'll have a great time.

• Love 1

Matt's Inside Line:

For one, I am told that Lamonica Garrett, who plays the Monitor (and will also play the Anti-Monitor), will appear in 10 total episodes across the Arrowverse this season (“Crisis” crossover included).

And speaking of “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” here’s a Pro Tip from Flash boss Eric Wallace: “Before I sit down to watch this year’s crossover, I would really rewatch all three episodes of ‘Elseworlds,’ because it will enrich your viewing experience. Without giving away any spoilers, there are certain ‘elements’ that will be revisited in ‘Crisis,’ that were very deliberately planted back then and now we’re going to pay off.”

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I wonder what those will be?I assume Clark and Lois' baby will clearly be one of those elements and the Batwoman/Supergirl team up that was hinted at, I'm kinda blanking on what else happened.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I wonder what those will be?I assume Clark and Lois' baby will clearly be one of those elements and the Batwoman/Supergirl team up that was hinted at, I'm kinda blanking on what else happened.

I assume Psycho Pirate and maybe a few other characters from Arkham Asylum play a part, or at least make an appearance.

But I'm more interested in the other 5 non-Crisis episodes The Monitor and/or Anti-Monitor will appear in. Grant Gustin has said The Monitor is in The Flash's season premiere. And I'm assuming he makes at least one pre-Crisis appearance on both Supergirl and Arrow.  I doubt either will be around after the crossover.

Edited by Trini

I had been assuming that the first few episodes of Arrow this year would be Oliver and the Monitor going around the multiverse recruiting heroes. But if the Monitor will only be in ten episodes including the crossover,* that would mean he’s only in five non Crisis episodes. I think he might appear on Supergirl and Batwoman once, and either Arrow or Flash twice.

*This is assuming LM is in all five episodes of the crossover.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Trini said:

Matt's Inside Line:

“Before I sit down to watch this year’s crossover, I would really rewatch all three episodes of ‘Elseworlds,’ because it will enrich your viewing experience."

I didn't think it was possible, but this makes me less inclined to watch.

6 hours ago, Trini said:

And speaking of “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” here’s a Pro Tip from Flash boss Eric Wallace: “Before I sit down to watch this year’s crossover, I would really rewatch all three episodes of ‘Elseworlds,’ because it will enrich your viewing experience

This feels like homework. Or hubris.

It makes me angry every year when the Blue Ray and DVDs come out that the former has all the crossover episodes but the DVDs only have the episode of the show that you're buying. Not everyone can afford Blue Ray.

Watch Superman race Oliver around the Smallville farm in The Flash deleted scene
By Chancellor Agard August 23, 2019 
https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/23/the-flash-crossover-scene-superman-oliver-race-smallville/ 

In the above exclusive deleted scene from The Flash‘s hour of the “Elseworlds” crossover, Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) races Oliver (Arrow’s Stephen Amell) — who gained Barry’s (The Flash‘s Grant Gustin) super-speed after Dr. John Deegan tinkered with reality — around Smallville‘s iconic Kent Farm set. While the Man of Steel seems to be having fun, the same can’t be said for Oliver, who doesn’t understand the point of this exercise. So, Clark uses this as an opportunity to teach the temporary Scarlet Speedster an important lesson about mastering his newfound powers — and does so without shooting his pupil in the back!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

So, class, the above video tells us what?

1. The life of an actor includes all sorts of horrible things you might not expect;
  2. If you sit still long enough in Vancouver, someone will sneak up on you, wrap you in layers of multicolored goo and papier mache and then make sure it has your name on it so you won't get misplaced;
  3. Pecs and man boobs are distinctly different things

?

• LOL 2

I'm just surprised they have to go down so far for a head cast! I get the shoulders, but do they really need his nipples, too? Poor guy, but at least he's getting paid!

From Wizard World Chicago yesterday...

Kevin Conroy Discusses His Role In CW's Crisis On Infinite Earth's
Published on Aug 24, 2019, by Shallow Graves Magazine

Interviewer: "After nearly 30 years of playing the character, how happy are you to finally be able to play him on screen for the new CW crossover?" 
Kevin Conroy: "It's craa-zy! It's crazy. It's great. I've been waiting to do this for 28 years. And, um, it'll be a blast. It'll just be fun. Look, when you're the voice actor, you - you're creating a whole character. You're living in the character but you only get to do it from your voice, and you're embodying the whole character anyway. So it'll be so much fun to do it on camera. I wish you could see Mark Hamill when he's doing the Joker in the recording studio with me. He's, you know, 'hooo, daddy!' You know, his whole face and voice - it's like Jim Carrey, you know, that kind of rubbery bit. He becomes the Joker. So, when you're doing the voice, you kinda become the character anyway. You inhabit the character. It'll just be a really great opportunity to take it to that next dimension on camera."

Interviewer: "So you will be playing an older version of Bruce Wayne similar to what you did in Batman Beyond."
Kevin Conroy: "Yeah. An old, cranky Bruce Wayne."
Interviewer: "Are you upset that you're not going to be playing Batman, but only Bruce Wayne?"
Kevin Conroy: (after long pause) "You had to put it that way, didn't you? ... I think it's a wonderful thing that they've asked me to do this job. I'm not going to look at the negative. It's a wonderful thing. I love doing this. No, I love playing old Bruce Wayne. Hollywood's a rough town, you know. You cross 40 and they start casting you as 80. I'm suddenly playing 80-year-olds. What happened? No, it's great. I love playing him."

Interviewer: "My final question is, you are playing a character very similar to your character as Bruce Wayne on Batman Beyond."
Kevin Conroy: "Yeah."
Interviewer: "Is there any chance we may get a live-action Batman Beyond spinoff?"
Kevin Conroy: "I have no idea [unintelligible words]... But I also don't know exactly what they're going to do with me in the crossover. All I know is that they're using me. I haven't seen a script. They don't let the actors see scripts until the very last minute."
Interviewer: "Have you seen the concept for you as, like, an older Bruce Wayne?"
Kevin Conroy: "No. No."
(Interviewer then said that he was referring to a fan-made concept art, and Kevin said that he'd seen that.)
Kevin Conroy: "But no, they haven't told me anything about what I'm going to do in this. So I'm just, you know, putting my faith in them."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From Smallville panel (Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Laura Vandervoort) at Fan Expo Canada today...

Also from Fan Expo Canada (TW autograph table)...

Edited by tv echo

Michael Rosenbaum: "First of all, just to - the question about the Infinite Crisis thing, no one has even talked to us."
Tom Welling: "That's the truth."
Michael Rosenbaum: "So I'm [unintelligible word] when I go, 'I don't know what the hell they're talking about.' I don't know what the hell they're talking about! So we don't know anything about this stuff."
Mod: "But isn't it funny that you can respond to an instagram post with just 'duh,' Tom, and it like - people literally write whole entire news pieces on what 'duh' could possibly mean?"
Tom Welling: "I went through - I went through every word in my vocabulary and that's what they came up with."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Video of entire Smallville panel at Fan Expo Canada (in Toronto) on August 25 - the COIE comments are at the very beginning (more context here)...

Smallville reunion at Fan Expo Toronto - Aug 25, 2019
Published on Aug 27, 2019, by AdamMethos

Tom Welling: "So, can I just start out with one thing? ... Whatever this 'Crisis' thing you guys are talking about, it's not happening... Michael's doing it, but I'm not."
Michael Rosenbaum: "Hang on, hang on... He's messing around... First of all, just to - the question about the Infinite Crisis thing, no one has even talked to us." 
Tom Welling: "That's the truth." 
Michael Rosenbaum: "So I'm [unintelligible word-lying?] when I go, 'I don't know what the hell they're talking about.' I don't know what the hell they're talking about! So we don't know anything about this stuff." 
Mod: "But isn't it funny that you can respond to an instagram post with just 'duh,' Tom, and it like - people literally write whole entire news pieces on what 'duh' could possibly mean?" 
Tom Welling: "I went through - I went through every word in my vocabulary and that's what they came up with."

Edited by tv echo
4 hours ago, MarkHB said:

If I wanted to be a jerk, I could point out that "Infinite Crisis" and "Crisis on Infinite Earths" are actually two different things....  😉🤣

Or is it a clever misdirection?

• Love 1