Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

I have to wonder - does anyone think they might ever consider recasting Chloe?  I mean, she apparently exists in the Supergirl universe as well as the Smallville one, so..... It might be a way to disassociate the character from Allison Mack. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

giphy.gif

So like plastic face that doesn't move is going to be doing double duty? as "Lois" and Kara's mom on Supergirl? BLEAGH!! But Hell YES to Rosenbaum, like I posted up thread.

41 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I have to wonder - does anyone think they might ever consider recasting Chloe?  I mean, she apparently exists in the Supergirl universe as well as the Smallville one, so..... It might be a way to disassociate the character from Allison Mack. 

As horrible as Allison is and what she did, I can't imagine anyone else playing Chloe. And yes, I can still watch that show and love Chloe, because the character is not the actress.

• Love 1

Kinda awkward that they already had Durance as Alura, and not as a one episode cameo either.

Three Superman, two Loises, at least two Flashes -- I hope we see alternates of other characters too.

Although it's getting pretty crowded.... A little worried about our regular characters.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I would like and dislike this in equal measure. Chloe Sullivan is easily my favourite DC character, but I don't think the writing alone made that character. I think Mack's performance really brought out a lot of her better qualities while still making her a flawed, three dimensional character. She just felt real to me. The intelligence, curiosity, and vulnerability that Mack brought to the character really elevated the writing, and even in earlier seasons when she didn't have as much to do she always stood out to me.

I would like to see Chloe became divorced from the recent things we've learned about Mack, but at the same time...I do think she brought a lot to the role.

I guess there are ways we could see a different take on the character, though. A slightly older journalist mentor for Kara on Supergirl? Could recreate the Kara/Cat dynamic with a slightly younger character, they could have similar kind of discussions about feminism and journalism. Also, since next season of Supergirl is supposedly going to have some stories about technology today that could be something Chloe could have a perspective on, too.

• Love 4

This isn’t really the thread for this discussion, I guess.  I’m sorry. ☹️ I was just thinking that if it weren’t for the Allison Mack situation, Chloe would be one of the main Smallville characters we’d want to see in this crossover.  And that led to thinking about recasting.  But that’s all entirely hypothetical, so...sorry for the off-topic. 

• Love 2

Krypton Star Almost Appeared in The CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths
BY JOHN ATKINSON – ON SEP 20, 2019 
https://screenrant.com/crisis-infinite-earths-cw-cameron-cuffe-krypton/

One face fans should not expect to make an appearance in the Arrowverse's hotly-anticipated "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover is that of Krypton star Cameron Cuffe. The British-born actor played Superman's grandfather, Seg-El on SYFY's DC prequel series. Despite the heavy dose of skepticism surrounding the premise, the show earned positive reviews and impressive ratings when it debuted in 2018. Sadly, the numbers dropped significantly across its sophomore outing. As a result, the cable network axed both Krypton and its planned Lobo spinoff directly after the former's season 2 finale.
Posting on Twitter, however, Marc Guggenheim revealed that they came close to an even bigger House of El reunion. As the creator of Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, Guggenheim has served as a writer and producer on both shows. He also contributed to each crossover. Guggenheim co-wrote the Crisis of Infinite Earths adaptation with the original comic writer, Marv Wolfman. Responding to a request that he get Cuffe for the episodes, Guggenheim replied (along with a sad face image) that they actually tried but that they "couldn't make the dates work". The full post can be seen in the space below:

Edited by tv echo

Keiynan Lonsdale (Wally West/Kid Flash on Flash and LoT) is at Oz Comic Con Brisbane this weekend - here's video of his Saturday panel (Brisbane, AU, is 14 hours ahead of US East Coast)...

-- KL: "Kid Flash is not going to be on the [COIE] crossover, but Kid Flash is returning."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Keiynan Lonsdale (Wally West/Kid Flash on Flash and LoT) is at Oz Comic Con Brisbane this weekend - here's video of his Saturday panel (Brisbane, AU, is 14 hours ahead of US East Coast)...

-- KL: "Kid Flash is not going to be on the [COIE] crossover, but Kid Flash is returning."

They would ignore Wally during COIE, that sucks. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

With them being willing to do that makes me think we'll definitely see future TA in the crossover. 

In the Arrow episode for sure.

I'm hoping they get a couple cameos from the other current non-CW, DC shows.

7 minutes ago, Trini said:

In the Arrow episode for sure.

I'm hoping they get a couple cameos from the other current non-CW, DC shows.

I really hope they don't do the whole "Flash has to be flash" etc....unless it feels natural. This being one solid thing is very crucial imo...even if its being written by 5 separate writing teams. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

I really hope they don't do the whole "Flash has to be flash" etc....unless it feels natural. This being one solid thing is very crucial imo...even if its being written by 5 separate writing teams. 

I think it will be more like the Earth X crossover - one "movie" in separate episodes - I'm just not sure they will be paying for everyone to appear in the other shows, and the future cast on Arrow seems the most expendable in that regard. Like, I'm pretty sure Joe and Cecile, and maybe even Ralph on The Flash aren't crossing over either.

Edited by Trini
1 minute ago, Trini said:

I think it will be more like the Earth X crossover - one "movie" in separate episode episodes - I'm just not sure they will be paying for everyone to appear in the other shows, and the future cast on Arrow seems the most expendable in that regard. Like, I'm pretty sure Joe and Cecile, and maybe even Ralph on The Flash aren't crossing over either.

You took the words right out of my mouth (keyboard?).

In Crisis on Earth-X most characters were only featured in the episode of their show, but just about everyone showed up in the final battle. So I can see a lot of characters crossing over to the Legends portion.

• Love 1

Fall TV Predictions: NCIS 'Reunion,' This Is Us Tyke Twist, HTGAWM Deaths, Three Freshman Fates and More
By Team TVLine / September 19 2019
https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-predictions-2019-photos/the-walking-dead-michonne-fall-tv-predictions/

ARROWVERSE
PREDICTION:
Many of the “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover’s “classic” cameos (e.g. Burt Ward, voice actor Kevin Conroy) will be blink-and-you-missed ’em cutaways during a fun montage.

Edited by tv echo
15 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Fall TV Predictions: NCIS 'Reunion,' This Is Us Tyke Twist, HTGAWM Deaths, Three Freshman Fates and More
By Team TVLine / September 19 2019
https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-predictions-2019-photos/the-walking-dead-michonne-fall-tv-predictions/

I think some of them might be.   But the writers would have to be pretty bold to promote the hell out of these castings to not give any sort of payoff.   I mean,  fans would go into attack mode. 

I kind of figured that's what they would be. We will see glimpses of the other universes while they are being destroyed. 

Fans are expecting too much. This is still about the Arrowverse characters only. The others are fun cameos and that is it. This will also not be like the comics because first they don't have the budget and second they are not going to be changing the remaining shows that much for a one and done thing. Even if they merge the Earths it's not going to change a thing. Meaning the other shows will act completely separate from each other until the next crossover. 

• Love 2

I'll cosign everything @Sakura12 said, but I'll add that this is their huge opportunity to fix/retcon/ clean up anything that's been on their to-do lists.

I have to think all the metas cross over, though, including Ralph and Jon'n. At least I hope they do. 

5 hours ago, Delphi said:

I think some of them might be.   But the writers would have to be pretty bold to promote the hell out of these castings to not give any sort of payoff.   I mean,  fans would go into attack mode. 

I think the cameos will be more than just cutaways, but they’ll still be really short. It might just be a scene where Tom Welling’s Superman has something that can help defeat the Anti-Monitor, so Oliver goes to Smallville, meets TW’s Superman, grabs the macguffin and leaves. 

One of the things that’s probably making it easier to get these people is that they’ll probably be glorified extras. But I still think they’ll get a line or quick interaction with someone from the Arrowverse.

And I know we’ve got too many people already, but I kinda wish we had another Supergirl, just to even things out a bit.

3 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

And I know we’ve got too many people already, but I kinda wish we had another Supergirl, just to even things out a bit.

I don't know if they'll announce it, but I think they will. Either Helen Slater (more likely) or Laura Vandervoort. They could use one of those Supergirls to recreate the iconic COIE cover with one of the other Supermen, and maybe spare Benoist Supergirl.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

Remember, MG once described this news source as an "illegitimate outlet"...

DCEU REBOOT UNDERWAY WITH ABRAMS, GUNN, REEVES, MORE
Matt McGloin  Posted: 09/23/2019 - 
https://cosmicbook.news/dceu-reboot-abrams-gunn-reeves-more

I first heard word about the soft DCEU reboot at this past Summer's San Diego Comic-Con where I had lengthy conversations with insiders about DC, as well as Marvel.
Again, I have been told some sort of soft DCEU reboot is underway, but how exactly it will all play out remains to be seen.

I have been told it may involve the upcoming Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover, as WB wants to connect all of DC on TV, streaming and in movies. If everything goes according to plan, look for the DCEU characters to appear in Crisis On Infinite Earths (I've been told the lawyers involved are having a hairy conniption trying to get it all worked out, especially with the movie actors and/or footage).

Edited by tv echo

I don't know if this is accurate or if someone has been screwing around with the Batwoman pages, but IMDb is currently listing the following cast for episode 107 of Batwoman (or maybe someone originally thought that was the crossover ep)...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10990554/?ref_=ttep_ep7

Tyler Hoechlin        
Caity Lotz    ...                Sara Lance
Katherine McNamara ... Mia Smoak
Ruby Rose    ...               Kate Kane / Batwoman
Elizabeth Tulloch    ...     Lois Lane

If this turns out to be accurate, maybe that episode is another lead up to COIE.

Edited by tv echo
40 minutes ago, Proteus said:

As disappointed as I am to read this, I don't blame him:

"Friends, many of you have tweeted and asked me about joining the Infinite crossover,” he tweeted. “I can’t tell you how much this means to me. I’ll just be straight up about this. WB called my agents Friday afternoon when I was in Florida visiting my grandfather in a nursing home.

Their offer: No script. No idea what I’m doing. No idea when I’m shooting. Basically no money. And the real kick in the ass: ‘We have to know now.’ My simple answer was ‘Pass.’ I think you can understand why. I hope this answers all of your questions.”

Miserly CHEAP BASTARDS. Don't blame Michael AT ALL.

4 hours ago, way2interested said:

Is Batwoman's crossover episode 108 or 109?

I believe the crossover is episode 9 for Batwoman, Supergirl and the Flash, episode 8 for Arrow, and episode 1 for Legends. 

3 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Here's Rosenbaum's full Tweet...

And I agree, I wouldn't put much faith in anything that comes out of Weekly World Cosmic Book News.

That offer is ridiculous. I’m curious what they promised to the other guest stars that to get them to sign on. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BaggythePanther said:

I believe the crossover is episode 9 for Batwoman, Supergirl and the Flash, episode 8 for Arrow, and episode 1 for Legends. 

Technically, for Legends it's S05.E00 or something like that; they're treating it as a special rather than the season premiere.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I really think people are putting too much stock into these cameos. I really think they are going to be quick looks into their universe with maybe some barely audible dialogue and that is it.  They can film those at any time and insert them where they need them. It'll be like the X-Men cameo in Deadpool 2. 

They are going to be nothing more than Easter egg cameos that are just a fun nod the other incarnations of the characters. They are not getting a story or meeting the Arrowverse characters. I think the actors that agreed are just doing it as a giveback to their fans not for the money or to bring back their characters. I also understand MR not wanting to do it, because of that as well. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

They are going to be nothing more than Easter egg cameos that are just a fun nod the other incarnations of the characters. They are not getting a story or meeting the Arrowverse characters. I think the actors that agreed are just doing it as a giveback to their fans not for the money or to bring back their characters. I also understand MR not wanting to do it, because of that as well. 

MG stating that the fans would see what Smallville’s Superman has been up to since the show went off the air is a big promise. It makes it sound like we’ll get a glimpse into his life when in reality it might not be more than a 30 second cameo.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

That offer is ridiculous. I’m curious what they promised to the other guest stars that to get them to sign on. 

What offer? I read no offer in there. Just an expectation an agreement from Michael to do "whatever" for free. At least I have his podcast I can listen to and of course my Smallville dvds. And now I'm thinking Conroy will probably have like, a 20 second scene. BAH!

13 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

MG stating that the fans would see what Smallville’s Superman has been up to since the show went off the air is a big promise. It makes it sound like we’ll get a glimpse into his life when in reality it might not be more than a 30 second cameo.

Are we not used these writers and producers over promising storylines by now. They do it every season for all the Arrowverse shows.

I think we will see Smallville Clark and what he's been up to in a quick scene. They can just show him working at the Daily Planet with Lois working on a story about the crisis and that will accomplish that. 

Or they can show him fully suited up as Superman and that would be something Smallville never did. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I think some of those appearances will could be cameos while some might be (a bit?) more. According to the articles the CW said Erica Durance will be in multiple episodes, so I'm guessing that Tom Welling will also be in multiple episodes and that there is some story there.

(For me, as cool at this all is, and really shows the scale of COIE as something that is bigger and that goes way beyond just the characters we know, and while I totally want to see all the interactions with these different/ "new to the arrowverse" characters, in terms of story, I I hope they prioritized their own universe characters.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Are we not used these writers and producers over promising storylines by now. They do it every season for all the Arrowverse shows.

Touché. I forgot who we’re dealing with.

4 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

I think some of those appearances will could be cameos while some might be (a bit?) more. According to the articles the CW said Erica Durance will be in multiple episodes, so I'm guessing that Tom Welling will also be in multiple episodes and that there is some story there.

Erica Durance also plays Kara’s mother in Supergirl. She’ll probably appear as Lois in one episode and Alura in another. So I wouldn’t use that as a barometer of TW’s involvement.

Edited by BaggythePanther
  • Love 3
On 9/22/2019 at 7:28 PM, BaggythePanther said:

I think the cameos will be more than just cutaways, but they’ll still be really short. It might just be a scene where Tom Welling’s Superman has something that can help defeat the Anti-Monitor, so Oliver goes to Smallville, meets TW’s Superman, grabs the macguffin and leaves. 

Yeah but if the multiple universes  are supposed to merge does this mean only one superman survives and the other dies??. If they kill TW's Superman/Clark, that might not go down well with Smallville fans. They may not want to kill TH just yet, Brandon's superman is really the only one I can see being cut with no fuss. 

in terms of story, I hope they prioritize their own universe characters.

Me too. And I'm not confident that they will especially for characters who aren't the title leads or on The Flash and Arrow. I get this is a huge event and its important to include characters from the comics like Superman etc but this should be primarily about the characters we watch on a regular basis dealing with the crisis. I'm not getting the vibe there will be time for it to be as focused on them as it should be. Imo including Clark and Lois from Smallville is nice but they shouldn't be getting a multiple episode storyline in the crisis. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedVitC said:

(For me, as cool at this all is, and really shows the scale of COIE as something that is bigger and that goes way beyond just the characters we know, and while I totally want to see all the interactions with these different/ "new to the arrowverse" characters, in terms of story, I I hope they prioritized their own universe characters.)

Well Arrow is ending, so Im thinking the Arrow cast will get priority and a larger share of the story/airtime. The other shows always have the next year's crossover, and another one after that. 

Edited by suncity
  • Love 1

The Flash's cast probably will probably get the second most screentime since crisis has been part of Barry's story from the beginning but I suspect the rest will be underutilized outside of the leads.  

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, suncity said:

Yeah but if the multiple universes  are supposed to merge does this mean only one superman survives and the other dies??

If they follow the book, yes... Although Tom and Erica could get the special "pocket universe" treatment that was gifted to the Earth 2 Kal and Lois in the book.