Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

I think it's a safe bet that Ryan Choi will probably be a regular in the latter half of Legends fifth season then. I'll miss Ray but I like the actor playing Ryan, so he should be a good replacement to have.

Huntress being in this from that BOP show was unexpected in the best way possible. I love how much they're going for this. I'm betting we'll see that Black Canary too seeing as the actress is also a regular on Batwoman, so she can pull double duty.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

So many nerd boners seen on social media. SO MANY.

I'm still apprehensive, because Kingdom Come was an "event" for me as a comic book fan, and it holds a place in my heart. Even with Brandon as Superman and Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne (I'm presuming), I'm seeing the glass as half-empty.

I was thinking that that was fan art or something, but no... it's officially from the CW and was retweeted on DC's actual Superman account.

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Are the Legends picking up Mia Smoak from the future? 

Barry isn’t allowed to time travel anymore, so probably.

3 hours ago, way2interested said:

I’m sure that they’re just going to pick up Jonah, but I’d love it if they actually did a few scenes in the Old West. Mostly just to see some of the other casts out of their time, and for the outfits(yes, I’m shallow).

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm surprised the KK suit looks SO GOOD! It looks so much better than the Supergirl/Superman suits from the main series...like how come their suits arent this kind of quality? 

I'm wondering whether they just modified the Superman Returns suit for Brandon.   Dina's batgirl suit was Alecia's just painted in the correct colours.

2 minutes ago, Delphi said:

I'm wondering whether they just modified the Superman Returns suit for Brandon.   Dina's batgirl suit was Alecia's just painted in the correct colours.

They said they werent allowed to use the SR suit and this one actually looks 10x better than that pale blue and small everything that suit had.

• Love 2

I thought I posted this yesterday, but Ashley Scott who played Huntress on the short-lived Birds of Prey television series is apparently coming back for the Crisis event. What I can't figure out though is why. Nobody liked that version of Huntress on the show. She was really annoying. Why not bring back Dina Meyer who played Oracle and Batgirl complete with great costumes and a great performance? She was easily the best part of that show.

I haven't watched Arrow since the pilot because it was giving me strong Smallville vibes and I was already burnt out after 10 seasons of that show. I'll tune back in for this Crisis thing if only to see what they do with all the cameos, but I expect it to be a completely convoluted mess at the same time.

....and Huntress, really? I wonder if she'll be wearing her tongue ring and leather jacket look or the laughable boudoir bustier look from the pilot. Will we get to see her eyes morph into panther eye slits and hear the roar sound effect again? *eyeroll*

• Love 2
On 9/20/2019 at 12:37 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

giphy.gif

So like plastic face that doesn't move is going to be doing double duty? as "Lois" and Kara's mom on Supergirl? BLEAGH!! But Hell YES to Rosenbaum, like I posted up thread.

As horrible as Allison is and what she did, I can't imagine anyone else playing Chloe. And yes, I can still watch that show and love Chloe, because the character is not the actress.

If you don't like her that's fine, but most will agree with me when I say that Erica Durance's Lois Lane is way more organic in comparison to the new Elizabeth Tulloch version from Supergirl, who doesn't really appeal to me at all. In fact, Erica Durance is my favorite Lois with, followed closely by Dana Delany from Superman: TAS at 2nd place and Margot Kidder at 3rd.

5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I thought I posted this yesterday, but Ashley Scott who played Huntress on the short-lived Birds of Prey television series is apparently coming back for the Crisis event. What I can't figure out though is why. Nobody liked that version of Huntress on the show. She was really annoying. Why not bring back Dina Meyer who played Oracle and Batgirl complete with great costumes and a great performance? She was easily the best part of that show.

I haven't watched Arrow since the pilot because it was giving me strong Smallville vibes and I was already burnt out after 10 seasons of that show. I'll tune back in for this Crisis thing if only to see what they do with all the cameos, but I expect it to be a completely convoluted mess at the same time.

....and Huntress, really? I wonder if she'll be wearing her tongue ring and leather jacket look or the laughable boudoir bustier look from the pilot. Will we get to see her eyes morph into panther eye slits and hear the roar sound effect again? *eyeroll*

Why bring her back? Because this is COIE and they are bringing back actors from previous DC TV shows. They probably arent allowed to use Barbara Gordon, BoP was BAD but it still holds a place in my heart for how corny it was. I forgot that they included Killing Joke in the 1st episode. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Right?!? Also Mia Sara as Dr. Quinzel, in an age where the only other version of Harley was the animated character voiced by Arleen Sorkin. And yeah, Babs was great. I liked the one fight where those esc- . . . eca- . . . those sweet fighting sticks pop out of her wheelchair, so she could beat some ass.

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Well, it turned out to be something else. Not a portrait of rampaging homoeroticism, but it carved its own niches. I'm not sure there's a "peak" for Arrow that everyone could agree upon, but it didn't really feel like a slog like Seasons 6-10 of Smallville. Also, we get another whip-smart cute nerd girl with dyed blonde hair. If Emily Brett Rickard turns out to be part of a sex cult or worse, I am going to be REALLY disappointed.

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

They probably arent allowed to use Barbara Gordon,

I don't see why not. They've already got Batman/Bruce (Conroy) showing up - which I thought would never happen. I'm guessing that Dina Meyer was probably their first choice, but she declined. Because from what I saw of the show, Scott was the weakest link.

---

I'm wondering if some of the worlds destroyed could be represented by clips from DC's other/past TV shows. They may not be able to get actors back for all the worlds they want to include, but would they be able to use footage from WB/DC's other properties? It would be another (cheaper?) way to get more cameos.

6 hours ago, Trini said:

I don't see why not. They've already got Batman/Bruce (Conroy) showing up - which I thought would never happen. I'm guessing that Dina Meyer was probably their first choice, but she declined. Because from what I saw of the show, Scott was the weakest link.

---

I'm wondering if some of the worlds destroyed could be represented by clips from DC's other/past TV shows. They may not be able to get actors back for all the worlds they want to include, but would they be able to use footage from WB/DC's other properties? It would be another (cheaper?) way to get more cameos.

Even though DC has been very generous with them using characters from previous tv shows for this, I still think they have their limits. Batgirl is supposedly in development so they may have said no. 

7 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

And yeah, Babs was great. I liked the one fight where those esc- . . . eca- . . . those sweet fighting sticks pop out of her wheelchair, so she could beat some ass.

Escrima sticks.  But technically Oracle and Nightwing usually use tactical batons in the field.

@Primal Slayer

I doubt that they said no to Dina reprising Oracle,  I think it's more likely that Dina passed.  Batgirl is in development hell and they aren't using Babs in the Birds of Prey Harley Quinn movie.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2

DC allows the use of Bruce Wayne. Even in development hell Batgirl and Oracle are most likely off limits. Gotham wasn't even allowed to show Batman for more than a minute or two. 

DC is so weird with their characters. You'd think they'd be okay with a one off showing of their characters on a TV show. 

• Love 3

Considering Batgirl hasn't been seen on screen for quite some time, her inclusion in this might get people interested in her. DC is really odd with some of their choices. 

I think it's really cool that they are getting so many shows to be part of this, but it also seems kind of weird because if all the universes collapse into one, then the others will all die (mostly) because they're not going to have 4 Supermans running around the Arrowverse. 

• Love 3

If Batgirl was really off-limits, I think it would be because of Titans, and not because of a still-in-development Batgirl film.

I mean, people thought that a Birds of Prey -type series would be off limits because of the BoP:HQ film, but they're already prepping the Canaries for a spinoff. So they seem to have relaxed their restrictions a bit.

2 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I think it's really cool that they are getting so many shows to be part of this, but it also seems kind of weird because if all the universes collapse into one, then the others will all die (mostly) because they're not going to have 4 Supermans running around the Arrowverse. 

I'm having doubts as to whether they'll really collapse everyone into one universe. I think they'll still want to keep a few other universes for storytelling possibilities. But yeah, two of the three Supermen are dying/disappearing.

• Love 2

Will ‘This Is Us’ Star Justin Hartley Join Arrowverse Crossover With ‘Smallville’ Cast?
By Nicole Massabrook  Sep. 26, 2019
https://www.ibtimes.com/will-us-star-justin-hartley-join-arrowverse-crossover-smallville-cast-2833941

Justin Hartley makes America cry each week on “This Is Us,” but before he was Kevin Pearson, he was Oliver Queen. The actor played the Green Arrow on “Smallville,” and his co-stars Tom Welling and Erica Durance are reprising their roles for the annual Arrowverse Crossover, “Crisis on Infinite Earths.” Will Hartley join them?

“I don’t know. I mean, that’s not really up to me. Yeah, we’ll see,” Hartley told International Business Times on the red carpet celebrating his digital October cover of DuJour in New York City on Tuesday.
“I always said that I would go back into that world and play that character if it was the right thing. I’m open to doing anything that makes sense, not just doing it for the sake of doing it,” Hartley told IBT. “But they’ve been doing such a great job over there, I don’t think they would do that. I think if it made sense they would entertain it, and if it doesn’t and it’s not in the cards, then it’s not in the cards.”
Hartley played the Green Arrow on “Smallville” from 2006-2011, and he’s ready to get back into a super suit. He told DuJour that he wants to play another comic book character now that he’s a decade older.

“I had a run as a superhero, and I am kind of dying to do that again, because that was a long time ago, and I wasn’t really a man,” he told the magazine. “I’ve had so many life experiences since then that I think I could bring a whole other level to that.”

When IBT asked if he had any character in mind, Hartley declined to give a specific example. However, he revealed that it’s actually the realistic elements that he loves about comic book heroes.

“They’re all so interesting when you get to the fabric of them and you see what the backstory is behind all these characters,” Hartley explained. “They’re all kind of grounded in reality and they deal with things that we—and everyone who walks among us—deals with. There are a lot of interesting things about these characters, so I’m open to anything.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Dean Cain Says He and Teri Hatcher Are Talking About a 'Lois & Clark' Revival (Exclusive)
By Rachel McRady‍ 12:01 PM PDT, September 27, 2019
https://www.etonline.com/dean-cain-says-he-and-teri-hatcher-are-talking-about-a-lois-clark-revival-exclusive-133350

Actor Dean Cain, who played the Man of Steel for four seasons on Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman alongside Teri Hatcher, is open to reprising his role. 
"I would love to see that happen because I think we ended on the weirdest note ever and so we've talked about it and I would love to see what they are doing 25 years later, and I'd love to see that situation," Cain tells ET. The show ended with Lois and Clark mysteriously being gifted with an unknown baby. "I've already started writing little bits and pieces down, so we'll see if I can convince someone to make six, 10, 12 episodes." 
In terms of an Arrowverse crossover, the Supergirl star says he has "no news." 

"I am already on the show as Supergirl's father, so hard to say how that would work out, but listen, I love being part of the genre and I embrace it and if something worked out that would be fine, you never know," he says. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

So many bad memories. Ugh, DC needs never look back and to leave its mistakes in the past.

You mean Superman Returns? Yeah, that was a regrettable movie, from Super Bastard to the 20/20 hindsight cast upon Kevin Spacey. But I think Routh got a little more sympathy after we saw Henry Cavil in three movies.

Green Arrow-Smallville might show up? Oi. “What happened with Chloe? She left me for Pete Ross. They were last seen channeling Thelma and Louise, going 90 off a cliff.”

2 hours ago, Trini said:

If Batgirl was really off-limits, I think it would be because of Titans, and not because of a still-in-development Batgirl film.

I mean, people thought that a Birds of Prey -type series would be off limits because of the BoP:HQ film, but they're already prepping the Canaries for a spinoff. So they seem to have relaxed their restrictions a bit.

I'm having doubts as to whether they'll really collapse everyone into one universe. I think they'll still want to keep a few other universes for storytelling possibilities. But yeah, two of the three Supermen are dying/disappearing.

Like I said with the BoP spin off before it was even announced...I think WB/DC is very 50/50 when it comes to embargoing characters nowadays, get them on the right day and they might say yes. But they've been known to sabotage characters for no good reason (Ted Kord... movie in "development" for years but Arrow can't use him despite nothing happening with the character....ANYWHERE).

I'd love for Dina to reprise the role since she is the definitive actress for Barb despite playing her for 13 episodes...love for Barbara to appear in Titans but don't see it happening. I think for whatever reason atm they just don't want anyone using her. Maybe because they are trying to launch Batwoman and probably think audience will get confused seeing 2 red heads in a bat suit.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

I would also love to see Dina, even if BoP Earth is one that gets wiped out in a cameo. And it's possible that they've asked and she said no, or they just haven't announced it yet. 

Looking through her twitter, based on a retweet and likes I dont think she's been approached and turned it down (yet). But it could be an ongoing contract negotiation/scheduling and MG did say that there are more announcements to be made. 

They’re cutting it close to the wire aren’t they? The Batwoman portion has already started filming and the other shows start sometime this week right? Asking someone to drop what they’re doing and come up to Vancouver this week is a big request. Only way I can see more cameos added is if the scenes are filmed later and added in post.

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

So many bad memories. Ugh, DC needs to never look back and to leave its mistakes in the past.

The movie may not have been good, but a lot of people are fans of Brandon as Superman and since he’s been back working on DC projects people have been asking if he’d get to play Superman again. So it makes sense that when the opportunity came up, they made it happen. I’m sorry you’re triggered, but a lot of people are excited about this and I can’t wait to see what Brandon does with this new version of Superman.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'd love for Dina to reprise the role since she is the definitive actress for Barb despite playing her for 13 episodes...love for Barbara to appear in Titans but don't see it happening. I think for whatever reason atm they just don't want anyone using her. Maybe because they are trying to launch Batwoman and probably think audience will get confused seeing 2 red heads in a bat suit.

Re: bolded: I can see that as a more plausible reason for Barbara not appearing than the entire character being embargoed; although, I think they would have her appear as Oracle, not Batgirl.

With the other two* actresses from BoP making cameos in the crossover, I just don't think they'd specifically exclude the third lead for this particular event.

*(yes, I'm making the assumption)

[I bet WB/DC are waiting to see how BoP and maybe the next Batman movies do before they decide what to do with Batgirl.]

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

They’re cutting it close to the wire aren’t they? The Batwoman portion has already started filming and the other shows start sometime this week right? Asking someone to drop what they’re doing and come up to Vancouver this week is a big request. Only way I can see more cameos added is if the scenes are filmed later and added in post.

We already know how loose they are playing it with some actors with no script, no shoot legit shoot dates. I'm guessing as they get some of these actors they'll just film really generic scenes that can be easily inserted and likely wont be filming with the main cast (which sucks but....it is what it is)

• Love 2

Barry isn’t allowed to time travel anymore, so probably.

BY WHO. Lol?

Then they can just have Dinah Meyer play Oracle, i dont remember much of the BOP TV show but I believe that what she ended up doing, no?

Edited by suncity
38 minutes ago, suncity said:

BY WHO. Lol?

Then they can just have Dinah Meyer play Oracle, i dont remember much of the BOP TV show but I believe that what she ended up doing, no?

She could/should play Oracle if she were to show up but I think even in the mind frame of WB they'd probably still not want it at this moment in time. Either way it'll be a shame not see our only live action rendition of Oracle again.

• Love 1

The thought of not seeing Dina in this,  even for the briefest of moments is making me sad.   So I'm rewatching BoP.  

Before work today I decided to trade my necklace for my BoP one just for hope. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Delphi said:

The thought of not seeing Dina in this,  even for the briefest of moments is making me sad.   So I'm rewatching BoP.  

Before work today I decided to trade my necklace for my BoP one just for hope. 

I've been rewatching it as well and have so much to discuss! Do we have a general DC forum?

24 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I've been rewatching it as well and have so much to discuss! Do we have a general DC forum?

I started watching it last night! I think I only caught an episode or 2 when it was on in 2002. Also 2002 didn't seem that long ago, until seeing that pilot episode. Yikes. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

*sigh*

There was a forum for it prior to the forum upgrade/reorganization -because I did decide to watch some of it a while back, and posted my thoughts, but it got deleted and no new thread was made for it. So anyone could probably start a topic for it on 'Other Genre Shows'.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2019 at 6:37 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Because it's faithful to the source material. Huntress was heavily featured in the last two episodes of that mini-series as well as throughout the earlier installments (she's the daughter of the Batman and Catwoman of Earth-2, after all). But if it makes you feel any better, she's one of the last casualties in the Crisis, and her demise is not a particularly pleasant one.

4 hours ago, suncity said:

BY WHO. Lol?

When I wrote that Barry isn’t allowed to time travel anymore, I was thinking of his line from the musical crossover, lol. But as far as I can remember the last time Barry unilaterally decided to change the timeline Jay smacked him down.

• Love 1

Reposting what I posted in another forum thread:

Under one of her instagram posts Elizabeth Tulloch answered a fan who asked (I'm paraphrasing) if there would be an Iris and Lois team up in the crossover (and that it was too bad that they didn't interact last crossover) saying that they'll be happy with the crossover 👍

On 9/24/2019 at 5:59 PM, BaggythePanther said:

Erica Durance also plays Kara’s mother in Supergirl. She’ll probably appear as Lois in one episode and Alura in another. So I wouldn’t use that as a barometer of TW’s involvement.

True, I hadn't considered that. Maybe the filming will give some hints of how much they're on set 

On 9/24/2019 at 7:48 PM, suncity said:

Well Arrow is ending, so Im thinking the Arrow cast will get priority and a larger share of the story/airtime. The other shows always have the next year's crossover, and another one after that. 

If a character is leaving they should get a good send off, for sure! And with not just characters but the show itself leaving I think there might be some arrow show tributes in there as well.

But I do think all that will have to be balanced within the larger story that's being told. I guess this crossover has a difficult job because it’s trying to do so much things. In no particular order:

- Of course, just telling a good, cohesive, story and also being a good crossover, Juggling all those characters

-adapting one of the biggest DC Comics stories in a satisfying way. A story in which sometimes characters that are not prominent characters in the arrowverse have the biggest roles. And giving the adaptation the feeling that it's larger than the arrowverse

-Finishing/dealing with a 5-6 year arc on the flash and giving it the proper weight and make it a satisfying end (?) to that arc. They’ve basically been like, Barry will disappear!!  crisis!!! For 5+ years on the show so they have their work cut out for them to pay that off for the Flash regardless of what ends up happening with Barry's disappearance.

-Saying goodbye to Arrow, the show and the characters, most notably Oliver, and giving them a proper  send off  (in terms of the larger universe, I know there are 2 Arrow episodes after). Not sure about the characters that will stick around through spin offs or go to other shows though. I guess that will have to be set up, and I imagine that when it comes to Mia she will get a decent amount of scenes with Oliver and have him pass the mantle of Green Arrow to her for the spin-off

-In some cases setting up storylines (potentially introducing new characters?) for the other shows for the second half of the season

• Love 2
7 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

When I wrote that Barry isn’t allowed to time travel anymore, I was thinking of his line from the musical crossover, lol. But as far as I can remember the last time Barry unilaterally decided to change the timeline Jay smacked him down.

At the request of the Speedforce itself. Barry HAS time-traveled since then, but mostly to the future, and never into the past with the intent to change history. That's the one thing he's NOT allowed to do anymore. That's what his line from the musical crossover meant.  He's still allowed to time-travel; he's just not allowed to "re-set" the timeline as a way of trying to fix his mistakes. It's the same lesson that Nora had to learn the hard way when SHE tried to re-set the timeline 53 times in order to fix one of HER mistakes.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1